Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2016, 04:31 AM   #1
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Make-ahead recipes! These are mine. What are yours?

I've seen the recipe sticky on this board, and most of the recipes there are for single meals. I wanted to share the foods I prepare every weekend for the coming week. These are easy to pack for lunch at work and easy to grab for dinner. They aren't fancy (Stillman recipes never are), but I find them tolerable enough to get me through the week. If I have to cook every meal from scratch, I can't stay on this diet. At work, it's not practical, and when I get home, I'm too tired and hungry. So these are the foods that keep me going day after day.

A personal note: Blandness is my enemy. Lean protein is already bland enough! So I find the key to making my meals tolerable is lots of salt and seasoning. Even if you don't like spicy foods or don't want too much salt, lots of seasoning makes Stillman food less dreary. I use a lot of BBQ spice rubs and curry pastes (I use various varieties of Patak's, assorted Thai red and green pastes, or Jamaican jerk paste, depending on my mood). The curry pastes do have a bit of oil, but I don't use very much and it's spread over a lot of food.

So here the recipes I make several pounds of on the weekend and then eat all week:

Sauteed Pork Loin Cubes

Cut pork loin into cubes of roughly 3/4 inch. Spray a large pan with nonstick oil and add curry paste to taste. Sauté over medium heat just until done. Refrigerate when cool; microwave to reheat. Because pork loin is the driest cut of pork, I often add hot sauce when I eat this. (Stillman allowed hot sauces).

Grilled Chicken Tenderloins

Marinate chicken, if possible, for up to a day in the fridge. (I use Goya marinades but any marinade would do, and there are also lots of recipes on the web.) Season thoroughly before cooking -- I use a BBQ rub or just the classic salt/pepper/garlic powder in equal proportions. Grill over searing heat if you have a BBQ grill; if not, grill under broiler. Make sure you don't overcook them; they should be removed from heat the second they're close to done (as they will continue cooking for a couple minutes). These are surprisingly good eaten cold, and I frequently have them for a work lunch. Reheating them can dry them out, so I seldom do this.

Sauteed Ground Turkey

I make this in batches of 4 or 5 pounds at a time. It freezes really well so I freeze a big bag of it and dole it out as needed. I spray some nonstick spray into a very large cast iron skillet -- stainless steel would also do, but you won't get the same browning on a nonstick skillet. I make sure not to pack the skillet with too much turkey, because it leaches out lots of water and has a tendency to boil in its own water if there's too much in the pan, and boiled turkey is not so good. I use, again, curry paste or BBQ. I also always make a batch of salt-pepper-garlic powder, because it's the most versatile.

I take this to work and microwave and add hot sauce, and it's surprisingly good. I also add it to omelettes (see below).

Ham and "cheese" rollups

99% fat-free ham (I get mine at Costco) and nonfat American "cheese" (can be hard to find, but Kraft makes it so it's around) -- roll up into cylinders and refrigerate till you need it.

Hard boiled eggs

A no-brainer but it's a huge part of my Stillman diet so I had to include it! I salt and pepper these extremely liberally just before I eat them. Makes them less hideously monotonous. I peel them before I take them to work, and I put them in a Ziplock bag with a folded paper towel, because the dang things sweat water once they're peeled.

(partially make-ahead) Omelette

Whisk 2 eggs with lots of seasoning -- I usually use an herb mix or Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning. If you're using herbs, you'll probably need a bunch of salt too. Pour into a pan. Sprinkle refrigerated sautéed ground turkey onto eggs. After a minute or two, flip briefly so the side with the turkey cooks. After about 30 sec, flip back over, spread with 2 halves of a slice of nonfat cheese, and fold omelette over. The cheese melts right away. This is one of the most "normal-food-like" of my Stillman meals. I look forward to my evening omelette all day!

Does anyone have any other make-ahead recipes that they can grab and eat during a busy week? Would love to hear them!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!

Last edited by EyesOnPrize; 07-30-2016 at 04:37 AM..
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
ouizoid
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: OMAD
excellent recipes. I buy extra firm tofu, slice into triangles and marinate in sealyama's SF teriyaki sauce (netrition carries it) with extra ginger and garlic and a little siracha--then sprinkle with sesame seeds right before baking. Then I bake in the oven on parchment and keep in the fridge cold. Wonderful addition to salads or great right by themselves.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
That sounds delicious, ouizoid! Would be a great vegetarian option, too. Seems like you're another one who likes your Stillman's options highly seasoned.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote