Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Still mans rocks in August!

Yes, here it is, the last full month of Summer. Can you believe it? While I haven't been able to meet my summer goals thus far, I'm excited for August. I am determined and motivated to A..Lose 10 pounds (at least) and B...Exercise at least 6 days a week!

What are your goals? I know that together we can get there!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Subbing. Will write more later
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Thanks mim for the August thread !
I wasn't on plan yesterday or today I enjoyed the last weekend of July.


My August goals are to do better than I did in July and starting tomorrow I will
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Went groc. shopping even though I'm sick. I didn't breathe on any one..

Bought turkey burger patties
lots of chicken
cottage cheese

I have eggs.
SF Rockstars (sorry, my vice)

Meal plan for the next Two weeks:
B: Tea & SF Rockstar
HB eggs any time I get starved
Dinners will be:
B/S chicken breasts with garlic mustard
Tuna mixed with ?? (ideas needed)
Turkey burgers

Sides: Cottage cheese or 1 slice cheese

Water, water, everywhere.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by August 15th. If I have, then I will have another diet in my bag of tricks. If I lose more, that may motivate me to do the whole month.

Thanks for having me!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.

Last edited by Partyof8; 08-01-2016 at 12:03 AM..
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #5
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Went groc. shopping even though I'm sick. I didn't breathe on any one..

Bought turkey burger patties
lots of chicken
cottage cheese

I have eggs.
SF Rockstars (sorry, my vice)

Meal plan for the next Two weeks:
B: Tea & SF Rockstar
HB eggs any time I get starved
Dinners will be:
B/S chicken breasts with garlic mustard
Tuna mixed with ?? (ideas needed)
Turkey burgers

Sides: Cottage cheese or 1 slice cheese

Water, water, everywhere.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by August 15th. If I have, then I will have another diet in my bag of tricks. If I lose more, that may motivate me to do the whole month.

Thanks for having me!
I hope you are feeling better soon !
Summer colds for me last longer than the winter colds .

I have an idea how about adding a H.B egg to your tuna add some mustard
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:17 AM   #6
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy August ! I can't wait for Autumn the cooler air means more outside time which equals more walking !


I am glad to be back on plan today after a weekend of not.


I am going to go with yogurt instead of cottage cheese this month because I like yogurt much more !

Tuna hasn't been on my menu for awhile I have some cans already in the cupboard . Let's see what I can do

Happy Monday !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Thanks for the new thread!

I am back on track today. Had a great time at the beach and then had a lot of family time when we got back home. School starts next week so there will be a lot less distractions.
I plan to lose 10 this month. Hopefully 5 a month thereafter.
I can't really walk for long on my ankle yet but I want to start using my hand weights and doing simple floor exercises. Better than nothing!
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #8
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Thanks for the new thread!

I am back on track today. Had a great time at the beach and then had a lot of family time when we got back home. School starts next week so there will be a lot less distractions.
I plan to lose 10 this month. Hopefully 5 a month thereafter.
I can't really walk for long on my ankle yet but I want to start using my hand weights and doing simple floor exercises. Better than nothing!
Welcome back BrattyS!
The ankle takes sometime to heal take it slow you will get there .

I am glad you enjoyed your family time at the beach

I am with you let's get going today !! I am planning tuna surprise for lunch whatever that surprise may be !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Welcome back BrattyS!
The ankle takes sometime to heal take it slow you will get there .

I am glad you enjoyed your family time at the beach

I am with you let's get going today !! I am planning tuna surprise for lunch whatever that surprise may be !
Thanks! I will be eating HB eggs and left over hamburger patties the next few days. Higher fat that I am suppose to have but they are lean hamburger and cooked on the grill.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #10
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Went groc. shopping even though I'm sick. I didn't breathe on any one..

Bought turkey burger patties
lots of chicken
cottage cheese

I have eggs.
SF Rockstars (sorry, my vice)

Meal plan for the next Two weeks:
B: Tea & SF Rockstar
HB eggs any time I get starved
Dinners will be:
B/S chicken breasts with garlic mustard
Tuna mixed with ?? (ideas needed)
Turkey burgers

Sides: Cottage cheese or 1 slice cheese

Water, water, everywhere.

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by August 15th. If I have, then I will have another diet in my bag of tricks. If I lose more, that may motivate me to do the whole month.

Thanks for having me!
I wanted to welcome you!
Tuna with a HB egg and mustard is OK. I now some just eat it plan and dry. I can't do it.

I have beat a raw egg into the tuna made a patty and cook it. That is pretty good.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:21 AM   #11
dhoward
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Gallery: dhoward
Good afternoon, I'm new to this. and i have started today. I would love to have someone do this challenge with me.
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #12
dhoward
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Gallery: dhoward
I have had two hard boiled eggs for breakfast and two Butter Ball turkey patties for lunch.
my start weight is 193 and my goal is 165. I'm 5'5 and 48 year old woman.
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #13
dhoward
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Gallery: dhoward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Yes, here it is, the last full month of Summer. Can you believe it? While I haven't been able to meet my summer goals thus far, I'm excited for August. I am determined and motivated to A..Lose 10 pounds (at least) and B...Exercise at least 6 days a week!

What are your goals? I know that together we can get there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy August ! I can't wait for Autumn the cooler air means more outside time which equals more walking !


I am glad to be back on plan today after a weekend of not.


I am going to go with yogurt instead of cottage cheese this month because I like yogurt much more !

Tuna hasn't been on my menu for awhile I have some cans already in the cupboard . Let's see what I can do

Happy Monday !
Happy Monday, this is a first for me. I'm hoping to lose at least 15lbs. by August 15th.
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #14
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Oh my BrattyS surprise tuna! I will make some tuna patties thank you for mentioning a recipe

The only carbs I will consume will be small like a few dried minced onion and parsley flakes. The two beverages I cannot give up easily is coffee and lemon water to start my day . I am going strict I want 150 lbs bad !!
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #15
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hi Ladies!
Great ideas for the tuna..Thank you!!
I'm excited. I really hope this works for me.
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #16
BillP
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Gallery: BillP
Starting Anew!

Eased up on my running (if you call it that...I'm 70 years young) because of osteoaritis in my right knee. I've been packing on the pounds and decided to use Stillman to give me a jump start losing some weight! Really used Stillman many years ago, before I was married, and lost 20-25 pounds. Hope to do that now! I'm planning on the strict Stillman for a week then a modified Stillman...primariy protein...but addding some vegitables for a week or two then some fruit for a week or two. Sound like a reasonable plan?
BillP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #17
BillP
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Gallery: BillP
I'm new today too and in need of help navigating around. But what challenge...love to get involved!
BillP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #18
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
Eased up on my running (if you call it that...I'm 70 years young) because of osteoaritis in my right knee. I've been packing on the pounds and decided to use Stillman to give me a jump start losing some weight! Really used Stillman many years ago, before I was married, and lost 20-25 pounds. Hope to do that now! I'm planning on the strict Stillman for a week then a modified Stillman...primariy protein...but addding some vegitables for a week or two then some fruit for a week or two. Sound like a reasonable plan?
Definitely sounds like a reasonable plan I also eventually add fruits like Grapefruit and berries and vegetables like cauliflower and cucumbers , iceberg lettuce, green beans as long as I keep them low carb adding them keeps things balanced.
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #19
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Well, my Aug. 1 is not starting as planned! I woke up to a "sick" virus" and had to ask my secretary to go to the store and get me some sf gatorade. It lasted several hours, but I'm feeling better now. I made it back upstairs and got into an epsom salt bath and fell asleep! Don't worry, there is no possibility that I could slip under water in my standard size bathtub, with my plus size body! I woke up, dried off and got into bed and slept some more! The sick is gone, now I'm just resting. So, no walking or any exercise for that matter for me today. But I hope to start tomorrow!

It is exciting to welcome new comers and those who have been away for vacations! I know August is going to be a great weight loss month!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #20
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
I'm not even allowing myself to think beyond two weeks. I did end up having a cup of coffee with my coffeemate this morning so that already broke the first rule of Stillmans. Just 1 cup a day if needed. Also took vitc with has 1g carb each one. :/

Busy trying to clean, doing fine except my body starts getting feverish after a bit. I'm taking echinacea/goldenseal so body will recoup soon.

What is the most you have lost in two weeks doing Stillman's?
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #21
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
I'm glad you're feeling a little better, Mim.
This virus I've been dealing with in the house for 2 weeks now. We have 6 kids and every one of them has had it.
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #22
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Just ate now at 6pm. I waited until 2 turkey pattys and 2 eggs and 1/4 cup cottage cheese sounded like a banquet.
It worked. I did use 2 TB of SF ketchup to make it palatable.

Now, the difficult time. Hoping I don't blow it tonight!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:10 PM   #23
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Now the sugar cravings...
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:33 AM   #24
Mim
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,449
Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I am back in the land of the well! I have so much to do this week and now I'm a day behind! And I will exercise!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #25
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Tuesday!
I hope everyone is feeling better

Busy day for me today ! On plan !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #26
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Made it through day one on the first try. I ended up with my carb with drawl headache last night. They are the worst. How one gets a headache while piggy backing advil and tylenol is beyond me. It seems to be gone now. Hopefully it stays gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
Good afternoon, I'm new to this. and i have started today. I would love to have someone do this challenge with me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Oh my BrattyS surprise tuna! I will make some tuna patties thank you for mentioning a recipe

The only carbs I will consume will be small like a few dried minced onion and parsley flakes. The two beverages I cannot give up easily is coffee and lemon water to start my day . I am going strict I want 150 lbs bad !!
I do end up with few carbs through the day. Most days I have 1 cup of coffee(decaf) with a little half n half in it. Sometimes I may have a piece of cheese or lunch meat that has a couple. I'd say at most I have 5 carbs a day. It's never enough to mess with my weight loss and it helps keep me on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
Eased up on my running (if you call it that...I'm 70 years young) because of osteoaritis in my right knee. I've been packing on the pounds and decided to use Stillman to give me a jump start losing some weight! Really used Stillman many years ago, before I was married, and lost 20-25 pounds. Hope to do that now! I'm planning on the strict Stillman for a week then a modified Stillman...primariy protein...but addding some vegitables for a week or two then some fruit for a week or two. Sound like a reasonable plan?
Very reasonable! My husband has added veggies to his "stillman" diet. He does better with that.

MIM! So sorry you had a rough first day. Happy you are feeling better. Take it easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I'm not even allowing myself to think beyond two weeks. I did end up having a cup of coffee with my coffeemate this morning so that already broke the first rule of Stillmans. Just 1 cup a day if needed. Also took vitc with has 1g carb each one. :/

Busy trying to clean, doing fine except my body starts getting feverish after a bit. I'm taking echinacea/goldenseal so body will recoup soon.

What is the most you have lost in two weeks doing Stillman's?
I hope you get to feeling better soon.
If I stick to the diet for 2 weeks... It varies but I typically lose 10lbs. Depends what time of the month and if my body wants to cooperate.


Have a great day everyone. I over did it on my ankle doing yard work so I am being lazy today!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #27
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 12,019
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hello All! I'm thinking of joining you for a short trial run. I'm thinking of starting on Sunday and assessing on Friday to see if this is manageable and effective.

I have been struggling mightily to get back below 125lb.
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #28
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hi Carly!! <3
Hooray for every one feeling better (but me. I feel worse. can't close my jaw without pain in my ear. Hoping it goes away!), and hooray for staying on plan!
I'm down 2 pounds this morning..I did OMAD, and then you saw what I ate yesterday...
Drank a lot of water.
Tmi - I was up peeing a LOT last night. Probably water weight. Either way, it's movement.
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.

Last edited by Partyof8; 08-02-2016 at 10:54 AM..
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #29
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
A busy on plan day ! Tomorrow is grocery day and I will purchase some chicken breasts , turkey burgers and eggs maybe a steak . I miss my veggies already I will add them again to my meals as soon as I reach my goal . I am up for this challenge!
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 PM   #30
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
I made it through the day, but I did eat a strawberry & 2 raspberries in a moment of fruit frenzied passion.
I went and ate a couple hardboiled eggs right afterwards to ward off any more oops. I'll go run up and down the stairs a couple times to counteract the sugar.
Moving forward!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.