Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #271
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Good morning everyone. I slept pretty soundly last night, which is so unusual for me and I could hardly get out of bed this morning. Also very unusual. I almost asked DW to drive me the 1.25 miles to the train station, but didn't have the heart since she doesn't have to wake up till 7am. I normally read for the full 34 minutes on the train into work, but after about 20 minutes I closed my eyes and drift off.

The 1.50 mile walk from Grand Central to my office is normally quick and enjoyable and today I felt like I had to drag a 300lb weight with me. I sipped on some black iced coffee, but I think I'm starting to tank.

If I were to add a couple tablespoons of dairy to my coffee which would be the best- Skim Milk, Whole Milk, Half & Half? We have all 3 here at the office.

Help- I'm crashing and burning....
Drink your coffee. I've been drinking mine at first it was just one cup a day and now its whenever I need it..Still losing fine. I use splenda and coffeemate powder creamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
I'm coming out of lurking for a bit to say hi (I won't have access to internet in a few hours for a few days, but am catching up on everything while I have a few hours before my vacation). I am considering doing Stillman's for shortish bursts of time (like for a loss of six pounds at a time before having a "normal" day). I am technically obese so I have a lot to lose, 50-70 pounds. Planning to start when I get back from my vacation in a few days.

I have been following your losses and silently cheering you all on, particularly Carly and Partyof8, who I know from the JUDDD boards, and have been impressed. But I have to say, Carly, your extreme lack of energy is freaking me out a little! My job requires a huge amount of energy (as I'm sure yours does, too!) and I won't be able to afford to be dragging. Do you think you're simply not eating enough calories or is it the low fat part of it? Or maybe low carb flu (since I know you don't restrict carbs usually). Does anyone else here have the same issue of crashing and burning? I know that Stillman's isn't meant to be used long term, but I know some people are able to do it? Carly, do you think it's because you're actually close to goal weight?

By the way, I love LaCroix! I buy cartons of it and keep it at work!
Hey you!
Well, this diet definitely works. Its going in my "how bad do you want to lose the weight" bag of tricks. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
I would add half& half! Skim milk has too many carbs and whole has too much fat for Stillman's.

Hurry--drink your coffee!
In total agreement with the aptly named Coffeepot! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
This seems crazy to me. I am down 4.4 lbs in the two days I have not-quite-followed Stillman's. I am at the bottom of my current bounce range and the last time I saw this weight was at the end of a 36 hour fast. If I get below this I will truly be impressed.

Carly, that dragging seems awful. You don't normally eat LC, maybe it is the "carb flu" you always hear people talk about.
It is a pretty darn impressive diet for quick weight loss. I'm amazed too. I've lost what would take me 2-3 months to lose in 11 days.
Quote:
I apologize for not writing and congratulating all of you that are doing so well. I have been exhausted and fighting to stay on plan. I have stayed on plan except for a small salad last night. After staying the same weight for 4 days, I finally lost 1 lb today. I am just so tired and my determination is flagging.

I really want to lose the weight, but I dread going through this exhaustion and then I worry what happens when/if I lose weight. Do I gain it right back as I always do? I mean I just can't continue to eat this way indefinitely--and I worry about messing up my metabolism by going too low calorie for too long. I guess that's the real benefit of JUDD, right? And while it didn't work for me, I wonder if I tried it long enough...

Weight loss is good--9 lbs since 8/1--but my low energy affects my mind and makes me question everything. Whatever, I'm still determined to stay the course until next Monday which will be 2 weeks. I may stay the month.

I was reading through a few of my Stillman's books yesterday. He claims different rates of weight loss in different parts of the books, but generally 7 lbs the first week and 3 or 5 every week thereafter. I think I'll be more 2 to 3, but that's better than nothing!

I am also finding it hard to sleep. And the East Coast humidity/heat is a factor--so maybe it's not the diet, but just life. I would love some energy.

So I am trying to think that it's not the diet, but the lack of sleep plus weather. And that I'm one good night's sleep from feeling great.

Good luck to all. I believe the diet works!
Hey you, I get it. I guess what I have just decided in my head is that if I want to lose the weight, I know what I can eat today. LOL
If I'm tired of losing weight, I can go off and hope for the best. I'll lose either way, but the quick loss is so motivating.
I want to go off and eat other foods, but at the same time -
I'm going to try to do a clean day today.

I have hardboiled eggs and...chicken! (lol what else) planned.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #272
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Smooth move tea is wonderful.

Still - I don't know where you are in your journey, but I had that issue with binge. I still have to watch myself *constantly*. Once in a great while, I'm ok with a binge...as long as it isn't out of control.
I think the longer a person is at this (weight loss in general), the more self control they learn. That has been my experience anyways...
No binge urges today .
That reminds me I tried Lady Laci Le Beau dieters tea and like wow it works if you're backed up !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #273
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
No, I use to but it was my downfall. When I got to goal in the past I made the decision not to. It seemed to fall off once I stopped weighing daily. Of course this was BC I wasn't seeing the fluctuations, reacting badly and then caving in. I only have a a fit board and 9 times out of ten the batteries are missing when I try to weigh BC my son takes them for his controllers. It drives me mad! Anyway, I'm pleased to report that I am down a total of 8lbs! I've lost an extra 3 since switching to Stillmans. I will now try to put off jumping on the board for around 5 days or so by which time the batteries will have no doubt disappeared again. I'm sooo happy, I don't want anything to spoil my mood so no weighing for me for now. Fluctuations are natural but I only want to see the numbers go down. I realise a lot of it is water weight at first but I don't care it still feels good and I can feel a definite difference in my jeans.
I am totally tempted to weigh myself . Instead of that I am trying on smaller clothes and some fit ! You are doing great makemeslim there's no stopping you now !
Old 08-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #274
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am not on plan and I have no idea when I will be. I am not binge eating, doing low carb and just mostly watching calories. My ankle is really bothering me, causing me to have limited sleep. Physically and mentally not prepared to do Stillmans. Hopefully soon!

I just wanted to come in and check in on you all.

olehcat I rarely have a low energy problem. If anything, once I am in ketosis, I have too much!
Hang in there BrattyS I was off and on for awhile and like you ketosis makes me full of energy so much that I have trouble sleeping . I hope your ankle feels better soon !
Old 08-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #275
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I mix wine with diet cherry 7-up. That'll bring the carbs down, but might be embarrassing in front of a *real* wine drinker.
That sounds interesting . I will let you know if I try it . Thanks for the reply .
Old 08-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #276
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This seems crazy to me. I am down 4.4 lbs in the two days I have not-quite-followed Stillman's. I am at the bottom of my current bounce range and the last time I saw this weight was at the end of a 36 hour fast. If I get below this I will truly be impressed.

Carly, that dragging seems awful. You don't normally eat LC, maybe it is the "carb flu" you always hear people talk about.
Wow that's a fantastic metabolism you got going there !
Old 08-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #277
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thursday to all !
I am stressed out and not hungry one bit. I guess I am either in ketosis or I am just too stressed to eat . I am glad to see we are making progress even slowly we will get there !
Old 08-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #278
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amen, Still..
I haven't ate yet today, my stomach gave a couple growls but eggs didn't sound good so I ignored it.

117 pounds total
Old 08-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #279
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Day 1- 8/ 7- 130.6
Day 2- 8/ 8- 128.7
Day 3- 8/ 9- 126.9
Day 4- 8/10- 126.1
Day 5- 8/11- 125.8 (3T half & half today)

- 4.8 pounds in 5 days- I'll take it.

That being said- I'm done. I'll finish tonight off with a regular DD meal of a large salad with some protein and dressing and enjoy my UD tomorrow.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #280
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations, Carly!

117 pounds total
Old 08-11-2016, 06:56 PM   #281
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Carly I will join you vicariously on your up day ! Enjoy you deserve it ! Keep in touch on here and let us know how you are doing
Old 08-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #282
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Amen, Still..
I haven't ate yet today, my stomach gave a couple growls but eggs didn't sound good so I ignored it.
Katie, just coffee with cream for me tonight
Old 08-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #283
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Katie, just coffee with cream for me tonight
I have the chicken in the oven, that doesn't sound too spectacular..I'll probably still eat some.
I ate 2 hb eggs and 1 sf chocolate to chase the egg flavor out of my mouth LOL

Whats the longest you've been able to be Stills strict? Looks like 9 days for me.

117 pounds total
Old 08-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #284
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have the chicken in the oven, that doesn't sound too spectacular..I'll probably still eat some.
I ate 2 hb eggs and 1 sf chocolate to chase the egg flavor out of my mouth LOL

Whats the longest you've been able to be Stills strict? Looks like 9 days for me.
Katie , Stillmans QWL took me from 197.4 lbs to 186lbs in about 2 weeks strict . Then I jumped back on and cheated a bit on weekends and it took me from 186lbs to 175lbs. That took a month not so strict . I think I will always rely on Stillmans to see results
Old 08-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #285
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Katie , Stillmans QWL took me from 197.4 lbs to 186lbs in about 2 weeks strict . Then I jumped back on and cheated a bit on weekends and it took me from 186lbs to 175lbs. That took a month not so strict . I think I will always rely on Stillmans to see results

Thank you, I think the same here.
It works for me, guaranteed so far. That's amazing. I need to buy the book or read it so I can understand the science behind it.

117 pounds total
Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #286
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thank you, I think the same here.
It works for me, guaranteed so far. That's amazing. I need to buy the book or read it so I can understand the science behind it.
I would like the book too ! The science is the ketosis so weird but a few days without sugar or carbs you lose and your less hungry too . I had friends that argued about it not being a healthy diet though for QWL it is perfectly fine and I know I can't live without carbs but I can definitely do Stillmans for awhile and know I will lose quickly and if I'm careful introducing carbs again, I will not gain it all back and some
Old 08-12-2016, 03:10 AM   #287
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:

Congratulations GMG!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:16 AM   #288
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am not on plan and I have no idea when I will be. I am not binge eating, doing low carb and just mostly watching calories. My ankle is really bothering me, causing me to have limited sleep. Physically and mentally not prepared to do Stillmans. Hopefully soon!

I just wanted to come in and check in on you all.

olehcat I rarely have a low energy problem. If anything, once I am in ketosis, I have too much!
Hey BrattyS, good to hear from you. Sorry about your ankle, I hope it's better soon.
Makeme
Old 08-12-2016, 03:26 AM   #289
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I apologize for not writing and congratulating all of you that are doing so well. I have been exhausted and fighting to stay on plan. I have stayed on plan except for a small salad last night. After staying the same weight for 4 days, I finally lost 1 lb today. I am just so tired and my determination is flagging.

I really want to lose the weight, but I dread going through this exhaustion and then I worry what happens when/if I lose weight. Do I gain it right back as I always do? I mean I just can't continue to eat this way indefinitely--and I worry about messing up my metabolism by going too low calorie for too long. I guess that's the real benefit of JUDD, right? And while it didn't work for me, I wonder if I tried it long enough...

Weight loss is good--9 lbs since 8/1--but my low energy affects my mind and makes me question everything. Whatever, I'm still determined to stay the course until next Monday which will be 2 weeks. I may stay the month.

I was reading through a few of my Stillman's books yesterday. He claims different rates of weight loss in different parts of the books, but generally 7 lbs the first week and 3 or 5 every week thereafter. I think I'll be more 2 to 3, but that's better than nothing!

I am also finding it hard to sleep. And the East Coast humidity/heat is a factor--so maybe it's not the diet, but just life. I would love some energy.

So I am trying to think that it's not the diet, but the lack of sleep plus weather. And that I'm one good night's sleep from feeling great.

Good luck to all. I believe the diet works!
Sorry you're not feeling too good coffeepot. Are you getting a decent amount of calories in? I suffer from fatigue anyway, no matter what I eat but once I'm in ketosis I tend to feel better. I take a multi vit and also extra vitamin C. I really notice a difference in my energy if I stop the Ascorbic Acid. I believe it's also important to get enough salt or potassium in. Not sure if I've been of any help but I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:29 AM   #290
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have shiritake noodles too. I have never seen the rice here but I am going to look for it next time I have a stir fry. They help me stay on plan when I feel like I really need something that's not meat!
Yes, they make a nice change!
Old 08-12-2016, 03:53 AM   #291
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have been doing Atkins induction for the last month or so and I have only lost 2 lbs after I gained 6. I know I keep saying it but I need to get back on stills it's the only thing that really works for me. Probably because I find ways to cheat at every other plan but with stills protein is protein there is no where to cheat! Lol
Hey Mar, how are things? Have you swapped back to Stills yet?
Old 08-12-2016, 03:59 AM   #292
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just was invited to my friends house for dinner on Saturday . My friend is a strict vegetarian she is making pasta and salad serving wine .. I want to go and visit . I may just eat some salad and I am very,very tempted by wine !!!! any advise would be greatly appreciated thank you !
Is your friend strict in that she won't allow meat in the house BC I wondered if you could bring a container of your own food to serve when you get there. If not and it were me I'd have something like low fat Italian mozzarella with a concoction of leaves some basil and a dressing with a vinegar base. Just thought your friend might be vegan, in that case a vegan cheese salad?
Old 08-12-2016, 04:20 AM   #293
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am totally tempted to weigh myself . Instead of that I am trying on smaller clothes and some fit ! You are doing great makemeslim there's no stopping you now !
Thank you Still! I took my time. It's great that your smaller clothes fit! I want to weigh also but I won't! I will be strong!
I just made an amazing soup, it's delicious! I had some Alaskan pollock (cheap as chips) in the freezer and also some scollops. I added prawns, fresh garlic, fresh chives, fresh Tumeric (first time I've used this fresh and have yellow hands to prove it). I also threw in a stick of lemongrass whole (so as to avoid carbs) some chili, a chicken stock cube and a little fresh corriander. If I had some 0% Greek yoghurt I would have added a spoon in place of the cottage cheese allowance but even without it, it tastes delicious. I've got some fresh tuna marinating in a little lime and garlic and when it's cooked I will allow myself a few shavings of Parmesan on top and have that for dinner. I've always allowed a little low fat cheese. Usually a thin slice of low fat cheddar (around 70 cals) or a laughing cow light or two. Makes things more interesting and has acceptable macros considering the cottage cheese we have here. So it looks like I'm pretty set for food today. Just off to get a second round of soup!

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-12-2016 at 04:22 AM..
Old 08-12-2016, 04:33 AM   #294
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Thursday to all !
I am stressed out and not hungry one bit. I guess I am either in ketosis or I am just too stressed to eat . I am glad to see we are making progress even slowly we will get there !
Sorry your stressed Still. Try to eat... Personally I lose more when I eat on this plan. That's why I try and keep my food interesting with lots of different herbs and spices. It's nice not to be hungry though. You got this!
Old 08-12-2016, 04:34 AM   #295
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Day 1- 8/ 7- 130.6
Day 2- 8/ 8- 128.7
Day 3- 8/ 9- 126.9
Day 4- 8/10- 126.1
Day 5- 8/11- 125.8 (3T half & half today)

- 4.8 pounds in 5 days- I'll take it.

That being said- I'm done. I'll finish tonight off with a regular DD meal of a large salad with some protein and dressing and enjoy my UD tomorrow.
Well done!
Old 08-12-2016, 04:38 AM   #296
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Just looking at a pic of me when I got to goal on Stills last time. Boy I was soooo skinny, bones jutting out all over the place. I won't go that skinny this time but I'd still rather that look than the one I have at the moment.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:37 AM   #297
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Sorry you're not feeling too good coffeepot. Are you getting a decent amount of calories in? I suffer from fatigue anyway, no matter what I eat but once I'm in ketosis I tend to feel better. I take a multi vit and also extra vitamin C. I really notice a difference in my energy if I stop the Ascorbic Acid. I believe it's also important to get enough salt or potassium in. Not sure if I've been of any help but I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the hint about Vitamin C--actually I take no vitamins except D and K, but I do take calcium and magnesium. I will order some today! A million thanks for the hint.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #298
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Thank you Still! I took my time. It's great that your smaller clothes fit! I want to weigh also but I won't! I will be strong!
I just made an amazing soup, it's delicious! I had some Alaskan pollock (cheap as chips) in the freezer and also some scollops. I added prawns, fresh garlic, fresh chives, fresh Tumeric (first time I've used this fresh and have yellow hands to prove it). I also threw in a stick of lemongrass whole (so as to avoid carbs) some chili, a chicken stock cube and a little fresh corriander. If I had some 0% Greek yoghurt I would have added a spoon in place of the cottage cheese allowance but even without it, it tastes delicious. I've got some fresh tuna marinating in a little lime and garlic and when it's cooked I will allow myself a few shavings of Parmesan on top and have that for dinner. I've always allowed a little low fat cheese. Usually a thin slice of low fat cheddar (around 70 cals) or a laughing cow light or two. Makes things more interesting and has acceptable macros considering the cottage cheese we have here. So it looks like I'm pretty set for food today. Just off to get a second round of soup!
Your menu sounds so delectable! Do you have a recipe for the soup?
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #299
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I just wanted to pop in tell you all that I'm back to my energetic self today. I guess the small amount of fat, veggies and carbs that I had with my DD salad last night and 2 additional cups of coffee with SF creamer really did the trick.

I'm super glad I did my trial of Stillman's and will use it as a tool in the future if I have stubborn pounds that just won't go away.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #300
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Hey Mar, how are things? Have you swapped back to Stills yet?
I think I will on Monday or when ever I make it o the grocery store. I got a second job and I haven't had time to go shopping all week. I may just send my fiancé even though it's "my turn" because we have no meat I the house!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote