Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #301
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Is your friend strict in that she won't allow meat in the house BC I wondered if you could bring a container of your own food to serve when you get there. If not and it were me I'd have something like low fat Italian mozzarella with a concoction of leaves some basil and a dressing with a vinegar base. Just thought your friend might be vegan, in that case a vegan cheese salad?
Ha! It's funny that you mentioned bringing meat in a container to her house makemeslim. This friend of mine hates the smell of meat cooking in restaurants . She is not vegan I think she may be vegan one day. "It's really hard to give up eggs and cheese" she said. It is extremely difficult for me to break up with cheese

We agreed that I will make a Greek salad it will have feta cheese, olives , tomatoes and cucumbers too !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #302
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
Thanks for the hint about Vitamin C--actually I take no vitamins except D and K, but I do take calcium and magnesium. I will order some today! A million thanks for the hint.
No problem, hope it helps.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #303
Joybird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joybird
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Oct 8/07
I haven't lost weight since Tuesday...can someone post me what they are eating , I'm sure I'm making a lot of mistakes
Old 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #304
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
This was what I ate during my 5 day trial:

Egg white omelets or scramble in a non stick skillet
Tilapia fillets with mustard & hot sause
Ground Turkey- different spices, curry
Cottage Cheese 0% fat

I used a tiny bit of Pam Spray for cooking the fish
I used liquid Splenda in my coffee & cottage cheese
Spices I used: Garlic Powder (sparingly), Onion Powder (sparingly), Curry Powder, Season Salt, Cinnamon, Pink Himalayan Salt, Pepper.
Jordan's Skinny Syrups (in coffee & cottage cheese)

That was it, but I lost almost 5 pounds in 5 days.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #305
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
Your menu sounds so delectable! Do you have a recipe for the soup?
I just threw ingredients in as I went along according to taste. I fried the scollops in one cal spray, then added the pollock (about six frozen fillets). The prawns went in last BC they were cooked. I used about 2 inches of fresh Tumeric which I crushed in the garlic crusher added water, a stock cube, chilli, two small garlic bulbs, one stick of lemongrass, about a handful of chives and the corriander was added at the end. I think that was all... Sorry I can't be more precise. It's an easy soup, not much can go wrong. Hope you try it, it's really good! I've enough for tomorrow also. It's nice to have food prepared.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:16 AM   #306
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I just wanted to pop in tell you all that I'm back to my energetic self today. I guess the small amount of fat, veggies and carbs that I had with my DD salad last night and 2 additional cups of coffee with SF creamer really did the trick.

I'm super glad I did my trial of Stillman's and will use it as a tool in the future if I have stubborn pounds that just won't go away.
Glad you're feeling better Carly.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #307
Joybird
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Carly....Ive been eating too much cheese, over and above my cottage cheese, plus cream in my coffee. Will restock this weekend and try again...I'm still waiting for my book from amazon.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #308
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you Still! I took my time. It's great that your smaller clothes fit! I want to weigh also but I won't! I will be strong!
I just made an amazing soup, it's delicious! I had some Alaskan pollock (cheap as chips) in the freezer and also some scollops. I added prawns, fresh garlic, fresh chives, fresh Tumeric (first time I've used this fresh and have yellow hands to prove it). I also threw in a stick of lemongrass whole (so as to avoid carbs) some chili, a chicken stock cube and a little fresh corriander. If I had some 0% Greek yoghurt I would have added a spoon in place of the cottage cheese allowance but even without it, it tastes delicious. I've got some fresh tuna marinating in a little lime and garlic and when it's cooked I will allow myself a few shavings of Parmesan on top and have that for dinner. I've always allowed a little low fat cheese. Usually a thin slice of low fat cheddar (around 70 cals) or a laughing cow light or two. Makes things more interesting and has acceptable macros considering the cottage cheese we have here. So it looks like I'm pretty set for food today. Just off to get a second round of soup!
Your menu sounds delicious makemeslim You really are creative and your menus are not boring at all , in fact they inspire the inner chef in me to wake up !

I don't think I have ever seen fresh Tumeric. I will have to Google it and see what it looks like. I add the powder form of tumeric into scrambled eggs with curry powder. I would then add a tad of Sriracha on top.

Is Sriracha stillmans legal? I would suppose so since some condiments like cocktail sauce in moderation is fine . Have you used Sriracha ?

My younger son loves kewpie mayo for his egg salad. Mayo from Japan costs a small fortune here . It comes in a bottle with a kewpie doll on it .My son tells me it's the best mayo he ever tried I tasted it and it tastes good. I guess I love all kinds of mayo .
Old 08-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #309
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I think I will on Monday or when ever I make it o the grocery store. I got a second job and I haven't had time to go shopping all week. I may just send my fiancé even though it's "my turn" because we have no meat I the house!
I'm also in need of a trip to the supermarket, I'm running low on meat too. That's the reason I made the soup. I raided the freezer and found lots of fish and seafood. I've got minced (ground) beef but I've never really eaten that when doing stills. I'm not sure the one I have is lean enough anyway so I'll make a bolognaise with it for the fam tonight and go shopping tomorrow. If the venison is reasonably priced tomorrow, I'll grab some of that BC it's very similar to beef fillet but it's really low fat and so great for Stillmans. I plan to get creative with my dishes so I'll be stocking up on a lot of fresh herbs. I do have a herb patch but I saw foxes chewing on them some time ago and its kinda put me off since! So now I just buy the growing pots you keep inside.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #310
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday !
It is terribly hot outside today . I watered my plants and rushed inside quickly .

I am not hungry I guess I will force a bit of food in later . I am stressed. I have so much on my plate and it is not food . I guess what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger .

At least my diet is working .
Old 08-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #311
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Your menu sounds delicious makemeslim You really are creative and your menus are not boring at all , in fact they inspire the inner chef in me to wake up !

I don't think I have ever seen fresh Tumeric. I will have to Google it and see what it looks like. I add the powder form of tumeric into scrambled eggs with curry powder. I would then add a tad of Sriracha on top.

Is Sriracha stillmans legal? I would suppose so since some condiments like cocktail sauce in moderation is fine . Have you used Sriracha ?

My younger son loves kewpie mayo for his egg salad. Mayo from Japan costs a small fortune here . It comes in a bottle with a kewpie doll on it .My son tells me it's the best mayo he ever tried I tasted it and it tastes good. I guess I love all kinds of mayo .
Not really creative just trying to stop myself from becoming bored. Fresh Tumeric looks like ginger only its slim and long. I only started noticing it in the supermarkets recently. I just looked up Sriracha, it has sugar in it but if you don't have too much and it doesn't have too much sugar I guess it's ok. I use Tabasco, the ingredients are similar but it doesn't have any sugar.
Oooh I'm gonna try your egg concoction, it sounds interesting so thanks for that!
I've not heard of Kewpie Mayo, I'll have to look that up. If I have tinned tuna I use a little bit of light mayo, again in place of the cottage cheese.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #312
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Friday !
It is terribly hot outside today . I watered my plants and rushed inside quickly .

I am not hungry I guess I will force a bit of food in later . I am stressed. I have so much on my plate and it is not food . I guess what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger .

At least my diet is working .
It's really hot here in London which makes a change. A bit too warm for me today but I won't grumble. Sorry you have so much on your plate. Try and eat to protect your muscles! You don't want to lose muscle mass.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:55 AM   #313
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Oh, I think a restroom trip is definitely in order. I was 237 today still, but I feel funny inside. :/

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #314
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

On 8/8 I weighed 158.4 I am going to weigh in tomorrow and see where I am at before I have dinner at my friends house .
Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 AM   #315
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ha! It's funny that you mentioned bringing meat in a container to her house makemeslim. This friend of mine hates the smell of meat cooking in restaurants . She is not vegan I think she may be vegan one day. "It's really hard to give up eggs and cheese" she said. It is extremely difficult for me to break up with cheese

We agreed that I will make a Greek salad it will have feta cheese, olives , tomatoes and cucumbers too !
I lurve feta cheese... Love Greek salad.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #316
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
On 8/8 I weighed 158.4 I am going to weigh in tomorrow and see where I am at before I have dinner at my friends house .
Any excuse to get on the scale. Only kidding, it's a good idea to see how your body reacts to the change.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #317
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of Mim. Hey Mim check in. :-)
Old 08-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #318
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Not really creative just trying to stop myself from becoming bored. Fresh Tumeric looks like ginger only its slim and long. I only started noticing it in the supermarkets recently. I just looked up Sriracha, it has sugar in it but if you don't have too much and it doesn't have too much sugar I guess it's ok. I use Tabasco, the ingredients are similar but it doesn't have any sugar.
Oooh I'm gonna try your egg concoction, it sounds interesting so thanks for that!
I've not heard of Kewpie Mayo, I'll have to look that up. If I have tinned tuna I use a little bit of light mayo, again in place of the cottage cheese.
Thank you for the heads up makemeslim I am all out of Sriracha so I couldn't check the label . I sometimes forget that I can go ask the magic Google with its wise answers
I do have Frank's hot sauce buffalo chicken flavour in the cupboard maybe that may work .

I hope you enjoy your egg scramble! I love it that way

I couldn't add cottage cheese to my tinned tuna just the thought turns my stomach, it may taste fine but tuna needs mayo or the very least a squeeze of lemon .
Old 08-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #319
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you for the heads up makemeslim I am all out of Sriracha so I couldn't check the label . I sometimes forget that I can go ask the magic Google with its wise answers
I do have Frank's hot sauce buffalo chicken flavour in the cupboard maybe that may work .

I hope you enjoy your egg scramble! I love it that way

I couldn't add cottage cheese to my tinned tuna just the thought turns my stomach, it may taste fine but tuna needs mayo or the very least a squeeze of lemon .
Me neither, I always use a little light mayo. I'm not a fan of cottage cheese but I have used it when making certain dishes. I've used it for the lasagne from the recipe section and it worked well. I used turkey mince and lots of fresh herbs. It was rather good so I guess I'll be getting some turkey in when I go shopping tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #320
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's really hot here in London which makes a change. A bit too warm for me today but I won't grumble. Sorry you have so much on your plate. Try and eat to protect your muscles! You don't want to lose muscle mass.
Oh my London ! That is definitely on my bucket list My neighbor along time ago when I was a Lil one was my mother's good friend and she would make the finest fish and chips with a side of mashed buttery peas for us, I can just remember how tasty I would make the trip to London for that delicious meal anytime !

Thank you makemeslim I was planning on prawns today and I just am not up to it . My younger son he is 21 and he is leaving home to his on place which is understandable of corse he's a young adult and my oldest is in the police academy . I have to not be a mess of stress and eat something even an egg scramble . Keeping my fingers crossed .
Old 08-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #321
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I lurve feta cheese... Love Greek salad.
I do too like feta cheese , I thought if she( my friend still eats some cheese) this is a salad I can make low carb .
Old 08-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #322
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Any excuse to get on the scale. Only kidding, it's a good idea to see how your body reacts to the change.
It's an honest excuse though ha ! ha!
Old 08-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #323
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thinking of Mim. Hey Mim check in. :-)
Correct me if I missed something isn't mim in Italy ? I sometimes miss posts if I'm not too careful .
Old 08-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #324
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
I just have to say, I tried making tuna with fat free greek yogurt.
PUKE.
Tuna needs mayo I think. lol

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #325
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffyTVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybird View Post
Thank you Carly....Ive been eating too much cheese, over and above my cottage cheese, plus cream in my coffee. Will restock this weekend and try again...I'm still waiting for my book from amazon.
The book is great to have because it includes some very motivational success stories. But as far as the "rules" of QWL go, all you need to know is in this sticky at the top of the page here. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=433959

As the instructions say, it it's not on the list, it's not allowed.
Good luck to you!
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #326
Joybird
Junior LCF Member

thank you Buffy , your help is much appreciated
Old 08-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #327
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybird View Post
I haven't lost weight since Tuesday...can someone post me what they are eating , I'm sure I'm making a lot of mistakes
Before I tell you what I've been eating, I still maintain you might be losing and you'll lose several lbs at once. That happened to me slightly this week. I stayed the same for 4 days, then I lost l lb, then the next day, I lost 2! I'll probably have another stall, but now I know not to worry.

I've been eating lots of fish (canned salmon, frozen salmon, skipjack tuna, flounder). When I eat beef, I eat top round. Yesterday I had about 300 grams of broiled top round and one can of tuna. I really expected to stay the same, but then I lost 2 lbs. I also started eating a very small undressed salad. I don't eat dairy. I've lost 11 lbs in 12 days.

I am skimming through Dr. Stillman's 14 day Shape-Up Program. There's a sticky for it here in the forum. This book was written in 1974 and allows many more items than the QWL but still guarantees the same rate of loss. In it he says eat no more than 25 grams of fat a day. I do use cronometer to figure out my macros. Sometimes my fat was higher than 25 g--yesterday it was 27.

I wonder how people figured it out back in 1974 without computers and scales? Anyway, I think it's a better book than his other books that were written in mid 60s before Atkins. This book is a direct answer to Atkins, even mentioning his name and why he doesn't support high fat . It's really fascinating--not that I'm criticizing Atkins or Stillman because both have worked for me. And Atkins, of course, does say in one of his books that one will lose faster eating fewer fat cals.

One more thing--he does allow fat free yogurt and skim milk and the occasional drink!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #328
Joybird
Junior LCF Member

Thank you so much, wealth of info here. I haven't been that strict, so I will tighten it up this weekend and hope for a good 2 week loss on Tues
Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #329
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh my London ! That is definitely on my bucket list My neighbor along time ago when I was a Lil one was my mother's good friend and she would make the finest fish and chips with a side of mashed buttery peas for us, I can just remember how tasty I would make the trip to London for that delicious meal anytime !

Thank you makemeslim I was planning on prawns today and I just am not up to it . My younger son he is 21 and he is leaving home to his on place which is understandable of corse he's a young adult and my oldest is in the police academy . I have to not be a mess of stress and eat something even an egg scramble . Keeping my fingers crossed .
Love mushy peas with fish and chips... Gotta have a wally (gherkin) and some tartare sauce. Lots of salt and vinegar of course. I remember when my daughter moved out (she's 25) I felt really sad and she didnt move far! She's got a flat in a converted house next door to my house but it was difficult all the same. I think BC it kind of marked the end of an era if that makes sense. I've still got one at home about to do A levels. Hope you managed to eat.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #330
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Correct me if I missed something isn't mim in Italy ? I sometimes miss posts if I'm not too careful .
Oh probably. I actually thought she was away as I wrote it. My memory is not that good, it's the lack of carbs I think.