Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #331
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I just have to say, I tried making tuna with fat free greek yogurt.
PUKE.
Tuna needs mayo I think. lol
I just use a little light mayo.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #332
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Goodnight guys. Will check in tomorrow x
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #333
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 183
Gallery: BuffyTVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybird View Post
thank you Buffy , your help is much appreciated
You are very welcome! The rules are super strict but they sure work fast!

Of course, that being said, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many people who don't take a FEW exceptions to them. For instance, I use low-sodium turkey bacon which isn't really on the list. But it's so low-calorie, low-fat and low-carb that it's never impacted my results.
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #334
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I just have to say, I tried making tuna with fat free greek yogurt.
PUKE.
Tuna needs mayo I think. lol
I agree although on an occasion I added lemon and lemon pepper on it with a salad on the side it was ok I prefer mayo on a lot of different foods, maybe too much
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:54 PM   #335
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Love mushy peas with fish and chips... Gotta have a wally (gherkin) and some tartare sauce. Lots of salt and vinegar of course. I remember when my daughter moved out (she's 25) I felt really sad and she didnt move far! She's got a flat in a converted house next door to my house but it was difficult all the same. I think BC it kind of marked the end of an era if that makes sense. I've still got one at home about to do A levels. Hope you managed to eat.
My 21 year old son will not be close different states in fact I love my boys but my youngest and I are close . My oldest is married and in a different state he is 30 years old . When I separated from his dad many years ago he moved in with his dad , he grew up in a different state and we kept in touch and met up occasionally.

I Googled A levels that's great your son is preparing for university. If I understood correctly .
My youngest is a psychology major, he is always analyzing me

Sweet gherkins are my favourite they sell them here made with Splenda instead of sugar .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #336
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
I had a bit of scrambled eggs and a bit of ricotta cheese tonight maybe some tea later .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #337
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Alright ladies. I'm taking a break for a week atleast.
My energy is shot. Took all 6 kids to the park today for a couple hours and could barely chase after the toddler in a safe manner.
Love the diet, it works..but my energy is just shot.

Going to eat a normal dinner tonight. I'll be back, but this is a diet I need to do in bursts..
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:54 PM   #338
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Alright ladies. I'm taking a break for a week atleast.
My energy is shot. Took all 6 kids to the park today for a couple hours and could barely chase after the toddler in a safe manner.
Love the diet, it works..but my energy is just shot.

Going to eat a normal dinner tonight. I'll be back, but this is a diet I need to do in bursts..
Katie , A wise decision taking care of little ones takes a lot of energy. Enjoy your meal tonight and time with your family . Do check in and let us know how you are doing .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #339
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Katie , A wise decision taking care of little ones takes a lot of energy. Enjoy your meal tonight and time with your family . Do check in and let us know how you are doing .
Thank you for your support! I'll definitely be back, I'm just thinking for long term this is not a very good diet for me to go on. Short bursts manageable and wonderful.

Maybe I'll start the first week of every month doing QWL and then just work the rest of the month to maintain that loss/lose more.
I'm really happy with the 9 pounds lost this month. I'll know the true weigh in tomorrow morning.

Tonight when I feel hungry, I'm going to probably eat something I would like to eat without going crazy - something low carb. I ate some vegetables today and my stomach hurt so bad for a couple hours.
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #340
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Thank you for your support! I'll definitely be back, I'm just thinking for long term this is not a very good diet for me to go on. Short bursts manageable and wonderful.

Maybe I'll start the first week of every month doing QWL and then just work the rest of the month to maintain that loss/lose more.
I'm really happy with the 9 pounds lost this month. I'll know the true weigh in tomorrow morning.

Tonight when I feel hungry, I'm going to probably eat something I would like to eat without going crazy - something low carb. I ate some vegetables today and my stomach hurt so bad for a couple hours.
I agree once I reach this month's goal weight of 150lbs, I am going off and enjoy some clean eating nothing crazy and if I do crazy eating, I will be back here sooner than later .

I always would get stomach pains after going off strict stillmans . In fact I am worried about eating the salad tomorrow at my friends house .
Katie, eat more protein with your carbs enjoy cheese and some wheat bread it is higher in protein than white bread .. or go for that peanut butter not too much though that is usually my off plan lunch I eat an almond butter sandwich .

Katie 9 lbs is like an inch off that's great ! I hope tomorrow you get good news and some you deserve it !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:16 AM   #341
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyTVS View Post
You are very welcome! The rules are super strict but they sure work fast!

Of course, that being said, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many people who don't take a FEW exceptions to them. For instance, I use low-sodium turkey bacon which isn't really on the list. But it's so low-calorie, low-fat and low-carb that it's never impacted my results.
Hey Buffy. It was written so long ago I believe if Dr Stillman were here today he would change/add lots of things and I too have bacon without any issues. I also use a little low fat mayo and other things that are not listed but common sense tells me they would be OK. There are so many products available now compared to back then. I doubt very much regular ketchup would have remained if he could have updated his plan but there you go.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:18 AM   #342
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I agree although on an occasion I added lemon and lemon pepper on it with a salad on the side it was ok I prefer mayo on a lot of different foods, maybe too much
My daughter is the same with mayo, even has it with chips (fries).
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:47 AM   #343
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
My 21 year old son will not be close different states in fact I love my boys but my youngest and I are close . My oldest is married and in a different state he is 30 years old . When I separated from his dad many years ago he moved in with his dad , he grew up in a different state and we kept in touch and met up occasionally.

I Googled A levels that's great your son is preparing for university. If I understood correctly .
My youngest is a psychology major, he is always analyzing me

Sweet gherkins are my favourite they sell them here made with Splenda instead of sugar .
Aww at least today we have things like FaceTime so even though he is far away you can still get to see him often. I know not the same. Funny your son analysing you. The tables have turned. you must be so proud. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm one of those mothers that find it hard to let go. I'm very close to my daughter and love my son just as much but of course with him being 16 I can't quite hold the same conversations I can with my 25 year old. Despite the fact he is a pain at times we are all very close. Yes that's right, A levels are in preparation for university, though seperate from. My daughter completed her degree last year (she took a couple of gap years to do her own thing). I was so proud at the graduation ceremony, I had to hold the tears back. She was always very smart, top of the class but it has been harder for my son. We were told he was dyslexic when he was around 7 and that he would struggle and never be able to grasp long words etc. Fast forward and he's getting A* in English and B's in maths and is a very smart young man. The only problem with my son is getting him to complete his homework! He use to come home from school and get it done without having to be asked. These days I feel I'm constantly on his back to get it done but somehow we've struggled through. I always wonder if its a boy thing or just him? 16 is an akward age I guess. I found raising my daughter a breeze in comparison to my son lol. I always joke that he was sent to try me. I've been fortunate to have them both privately educated and I'm so very thankful for that but it's not always been easy.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 AM   #344
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Alright ladies. I'm taking a break for a week atleast.
My energy is shot. Took all 6 kids to the park today for a couple hours and could barely chase after the toddler in a safe manner.
Love the diet, it works..but my energy is just shot.

Going to eat a normal dinner tonight. I'll be back, but this is a diet I need to do in bursts..
Congratulations on doing so well. Will you count calories, or do a different low carb plan in between? Just curious.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:11 AM   #345
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Right, I'm gonna look through the recipe section, write a list and then get some food in. I remember in the past cooking a Chinese style dish from the recipie thread. It was made with diet orange. Sweet and sour chicken I think. I'm gonna make that again with the shirataki noodles. I'm not that keen on Chinese food (daughter loves it) but I need variety and if I remember rightly it was a refreshing change. No doubt I'll alter it a bit... I won't be using fresh onion as I seem to remember it suggests, I'll use fresh chives or onion powder.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-13-2016 at 05:13 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #346
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
My daughter is the same with mayo, even has it with chips (fries).
Yes chips = fries makemeslim I remember that from a very young age . I would mix mayo with ketchup (fancy sauce ) as a dip for them !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #347
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Aww at least today we have things like FaceTime so even though he is far away you can still get to see him often. I know not the same. Funny your son analysing you. The tables have turned. you must be so proud. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm one of those mothers that find it hard to let go. I'm very close to my daughter and love my son just as much but of course with him being 16 I can't quite hold the same conversations I can with my 25 year old. Despite the fact he is a pain at times we are all very close. Yes that's right, A levels are in preparation for university, though seperate from. My daughter completed her degree last year (she took a couple of gap years to do her own thing). I was so proud at the graduation ceremony, I had to hold the tears back. She was always very smart, top of the class but it has been harder for my son. We were told he was dyslexic when he was around 7 and that he would struggle and never be able to grasp long words etc. Fast forward and he's getting A* in English and B's in maths and is a very smart young man. The only problem with my son is getting him to complete his homework! He use to come home from school and get it done without having to be asked. These days I feel I'm constantly on his back to get it done but somehow we've struggled through. I always wonder if its a boy thing or just him? 16 is an akward age I guess. I found raising my daughter a breeze in comparison to my son lol. I always joke that he was sent to try me. I've been fortunate to have them both privately educated and I'm so very thankful for that but it's not always been easy.
My youngest son was in private catholic school uniform hair cut short always proper attire even on a dress down day . Great education and spiritual guidance I felt it was a good decision.
Now at 21 years old he has long hair he had his hair dyed more colours I could mention and he is obsessed with all the latest tech devices and video games I had to threaten him when he wouldn't do his studies that I will cancel the Internet service provider . That changed his tune, I once took his smart phone for the day when he was in high school and he looked like a lost puppy

You're son is very smart he must take after his mommy
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #348
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Right, I'm gonna look through the recipe section, write a list and then get some food in. I remember in the past cooking a Chinese style dish from the recipie thread. It was made with diet orange. Sweet and sour chicken I think. I'm gonna make that again with the shirataki noodles. I'm not that keen on Chinese food (daughter loves it) but I need variety and if I remember rightly it was a refreshing change. No doubt I'll alter it a bit... I won't be using fresh onion as I seem to remember it suggests, I'll use fresh chives or onion powder.
I looked up the recipe and I want to try it too ! (Many good comments ) I wonder if I can use prawns instead of chicken I have prawns I need to use up before they spoil .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #349
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Saturday !
153lbs today I will take it ! almost at goal !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #350
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Saturday !
153lbs today I will take it ! almost at goal !
Fantastic loss! Congratulations! Are you going to continue for a few more days?
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #351
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Alright ladies. I'm taking a break for a week atleast.
My energy is shot. Took all 6 kids to the park today for a couple hours and could barely chase after the toddler in a safe manner.
Love the diet, it works..but my energy is just shot.

Going to eat a normal dinner tonight. I'll be back, but this is a diet I need to do in bursts..
I don't know how you've continued as long as you've done. Good decision to take a break--you need it. I tend to get energy depleted as well on this diet and it can lead to a bad place if I'm not careful. You've got far more important things going on in your life than super fast weight loss that exhausts you.

See you on your next burst!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #352
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Weight is the same--but even if it's just 11 lbs in 2 weeks, it's still 11 lbs less than I weighed 2 wks ago. Maybe I'll be lucky and lose another lb by Monday.

Yesterday was very low calorie (probably under 500) and just fish. Today I'm having top round and shrimp. I'm feeling satisfied.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #353
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
Fantastic loss! Congratulations! Are you going to continue for a few more days?
Thank you coffeepot

Today I made Greek salad to bring to my friends house for dinner . I am having some wine in her company she loves the sweet kind


Tomorrow it is back on plan. I will weigh in the morning and then QWL to reach my goal for this month . I am so close !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #354
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
Weight is the same--but even if it's just 11 lbs in 2 weeks, it's still 11 lbs less than I weighed 2 wks ago. Maybe I'll be lucky and lose another lb by Monday.

Yesterday was very low calorie (probably under 500) and just fish. Today I'm having top round and shrimp. I'm feeling satisfied.
Coffeepot 11lbs is great! that's an inch off your body!

At the gym I used to belong to my personal trainer told me to lose an inch you must drop 10lbs. I would always measure myself though that was many years ago after I had my second son .
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #355
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Yes chips = fries makemeslim I remember that from a very young age . I would mix mayo with ketchup (fancy sauce ) as a dip for them !
Fancy sauce! I'll tell the daughter!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #356
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Coffeepot 11lbs is great! that's an inch off your body!

At the gym I used to belong to my personal trainer told me to lose an inch you must drop 10lbs. I would always measure myself though that was many years ago after I had my second son .
It sounds so little, but I did lose an inch off my waist, so maybe...

but I would hope it's also come off other places.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #357
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Thank you coffeepot

Today I made Greek salad to bring to my friends house for dinner . I am having some wine in her company she loves the sweet kind


Tomorrow it is back on plan. I will weigh in the morning and then QWL to reach my goal for this month . I am so close !
Are you going to drink any wine? Can you tell how much I'd love a glass?
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #358
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
My youngest son was in private catholic school uniform hair cut short always proper attire even on a dress down day . Great education and spiritual guidance I felt it was a good decision.
Now at 21 years old he has long hair he had his hair dyed more colours I could mention and he is obsessed with all the latest tech devices and video games I had to threaten him when he wouldn't do his studies that I will cancel the Internet service provider . That changed his tune, I once took his smart phone for the day when he was in high school and he looked like a lost puppy

You're son is very smart he must take after his mommy
My son loves his gaming too. Maybe I'll have to threaten to cut the Internet if he slacks with homework in the future. He probably wouldn't believe me because I'm always on my iPad which is probably not the best influence. Funny about your son growing his hair and changing the colour often. My sons new sixth form (where you sit A levels) require him to wear a suit and tie every day. He's doesn't start until September but is already complaining about it! His last school was quite preppy, they had to wear chinos and a white polo every day so it's quite a change for him.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-13-2016 at 12:06 PM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #359
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I looked up the recipe and I want to try it too ! (Many good comments ) I wonder if I can use prawns instead of chicken I have prawns I need to use up before they spoil .
I bet prawns would be great... In fact, I might do prawns and chicken together!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #360
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Saturday !
153lbs today I will take it ! almost at goal !
Amazing Still, wish I was close to goal. Well done.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.