Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2016, 12:12 PM   #361
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
Weight is the same--but even if it's just 11 lbs in 2 weeks, it's still 11 lbs less than I weighed 2 wks ago. Maybe I'll be lucky and lose another lb by Monday.

Yesterday was very low calorie (probably under 500) and just fish. Today I'm having top round and shrimp. I'm feeling satisfied.
11lbs is great. Imagine 11lbs of sugar... It's a lot! Well done!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #362
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Congratulations on doing so well. Will you count calories, or do a different low carb plan in between? Just curious.
Thank you, Makemeslim.
Well, since I've been at the diet routine for a while..I think today I am doing just straight one meal a day unless hunger threatens to take hold - then I will eat hardboiled eggs.
Tonight on the menu is fish, so I'm thinking today I will eat fish & vegetables. I ate a banana and some peanutbutter last night, and some cheese. It was soo good. I got caught up on sleep also.
I'm just going to 'eat like an adult'.
Sugar free as possible, low carb as possible..but bring on some fat.
I'm 238 this AM, but I am still kind of uh..'blocked up' from Stillmans.
Hopefully adding fat will help remedy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Saturday !
153lbs today I will take it ! almost at goal !
That's so great Still!
Quote:
I don't know how you've continued as long as you've done. Good decision to take a break--you need it. I tend to get energy depleted as well on this diet and it can lead to a bad place if I'm not careful. You've got far more important things going on in your life than super fast weight loss that exhausts you.

See you on your next burst!
Thanks Coffee..I really enjoy all you ladies!

Quote:
11lbs is great. Imagine 11lbs of sugar... It's a lot! Well done!
11 pounds is A LOT. Thats so wonderful!!

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #363
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Fancy sauce! I'll tell the daughter!
Do tell she may like it and it tastes good with battered fish sticks or fried prawns
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #364
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It sounds so little, but I did lose an inch off my waist, so maybe...

but I would hope it's also come off other places.
I wish I could target areas for weight loss. My chubby upper arms and lower belly pouch . I am seeing a difference though.

Let's hang on an inch all over is going to add up over time . I plan to try to lose 10 lbs a month . I failed last month I jumped back on the wagon yeeahh!
Old 08-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #365
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Are you going to drink any wine? Can you tell how much I'd love a glass?
Coffeepot I had 1 glass of Moscato with my salad ( tasted very sweet more than I remembered ) I sure am feeling munchy , I will low carb snack now that I am home and then weigh myself tomorrow and start over
Old 08-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #366
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My son loves his gaming too. Maybe I'll have to threaten to cut the Internet if he slacks with homework in the future. He probably wouldn't believe me because I'm always on my iPad which is probably not the best influence. Funny about your son growing his hair and changing the colour often. My sons new sixth form (where you sit A levels) require him to wear a suit and tie every day. He's doesn't start until September but is already complaining about it! His last school was quite preppy, they had to wear chinos and a white polo every day so it's quite a change for him.
It is a change though a good one I suppose it prepares them for the work force . Whenever my younger son wears a suit he puts his long hair in a pony tail . I am not impressed I shake my head in disapproval and threaten to snip it off jokingly .

Good luck to your son makemeslim starting his new sixth form in September
Old 08-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #367
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I bet prawns would be great... In fact, I might do prawns and chicken together!
That's a plan makemeslim just like they do in restaurants!

Quote:
Amazing Still, wish I was close to goal. Well done.
Thank you ! This is my plan going forward each month I will try to lose 10 lbs .
Old 08-13-2016, 07:50 PM   #368
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=Partyof8;1750528

That's so great Still!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Katie !
Old 08-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #369
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Tonight I finished the leftover Greek salad ( large salad ) I took home . And I made a snack to nibble on while I watched a documentary about Albert Einstein 4 strips of bacon and that's it I am satisfied. I am sipping on unsweetened iced tea with lemon and then I will make a pot of green tea to curb my munchy mouth while watching television. I cannot mess up I am so close to goal it scares me to think all my struggles will be wasted if I shall give in to crappy carbs . Wish me luck I sure can use some .
Old 08-14-2016, 03:46 AM   #370
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It is a change though a good one I suppose it prepares them for the work force . Whenever my younger son wears a suit he puts his long hair in a pony tail . I am not impressed I shake my head in disapproval and threaten to snip it off jokingly .

Good luck to your son makemeslim starting his new sixth form in September
I hope he hides the scissors! I'm sure it looks great though, it's a look that can work with a suit. About a year ago my son came to me to tell me he did not want to go to the barbers any more, he wanted to go to a men's hair salon where he could get better styles. So now every time he needs a trim he goes to the salon. The first time we went they used this putty in his hair and he was really pleased with the finish so he asked if he could have a pot. When I paid the bill I nearly fell over, the hair putty cost more than the cut and style! I wish he'd grow his hair long, I'd save a fortune.
Old 08-14-2016, 03:56 AM   #371
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tonight I finished the leftover Greek salad ( large salad ) I took home . And I made a snack to nibble on while I watched a documentary about Albert Einstein 4 strips of bacon and that's it I am satisfied. I am sipping on unsweetened iced tea with lemon and then I will make a pot of green tea to curb my munchy mouth while watching television. I cannot mess up I am so close to goal it scares me to think all my struggles will be wasted if I shall give in to crappy carbs . Wish me luck I sure can use some .
You did well not to eat the pasta! Well done for staying low carb and not caving. When I drink wine I get on a huge appetite and sticking to plan becomes near impossible. If I do go anywhere and drinks are involved I'll have vodka or gin. In fact, there was a bit of a thing here (I think Al started it) with Vodka and Crystal Light. I think Al would take the Crystal Light with her when going out so she could add a little vodka.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:30 AM   #372
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Also Still, I just realised I've been saying my daughter is 25 but she's not actually 25 until a couple of months time. It wasn't that I had forgotten her age honest, it's just we've been talking so much about her birthday plans and turning a quarter of a century (as she puts it) I have 25 etched on my brain.

Plans changed at the last minute yesterday, I didn't make it to the supermarket. I just grabbed some essentials from the smaller shop ten seconds from home. So today I must go and do a big shop. Thinking of just doing it online but I've probably left it to late to get a delivery slot for tomorrow. Really not in the mood for grocery shopping today, ugh!
Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 AM   #373
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Patyof8, I thought I'd replied to your post, sorry. That's a good plan, keeping it as low carb as possible and eating sensibly. You have done amazingly!
Old 08-14-2016, 06:03 AM   #374
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I just copied this from the recipie thread. Food really doesn't have to be boring. I'm off shopping and when I return, I'll be making the sweet and sour chicken with shirataki noodles. I also plan to make some meatballs.

Spices & Seeds--legal on Stillman QWL diet
Submitted by Aquaciser Glinda
From Stillman Quick Weight Loss Diet Cookbook
--page copied by a friend of a friend at her local library

Meat:
Allspice, Basil, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, (Red Pepper), Celery Salt, Chili, Cloves, Curry, Dill, Garlic, Marjoram, Mint, Mustard, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme, Turmeric

Poultry:
Basil, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Chervil, Coriander, Curry, Garlic, Ginger, Marjoram, Mint, Mustard, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Poultry Seasoning, Rosemary, Saffron, Salt, Sage, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme

Fish/Shellfish:
Allspice, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Celery Seed, Chervil, Curry, Dill, Fennel, Garlic, Mace, Marjoram, Mint, Onion, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Savory, Thyme

Eggs/Legal(non-veggie)Salads
Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Chervil, Coriander, Dill, Garlic, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Sage, Salt, Tarragon, Thyme

This is straight from the book, too, and legal for Stillman QWL diet:

"Also useful in many recipes for a large variety of foods, to add flavor and texture: Caraway Seeds--Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds"
Old 08-14-2016, 07:45 AM   #375
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hope he hides the scissors! I'm sure it looks great though, it's a look that can work with a suit. About a year ago my son came to me to tell me he did not want to go to the barbers any more, he wanted to go to a men's hair salon where he could get better styles. So now every time he needs a trim he goes to the salon. The first time we went they used this putty in his hair and he was really pleased with the finish so he asked if he could have a pot. When I paid the bill I nearly fell over, the hair putty cost more than the cut and style! I wish he'd grow his hair long, I'd save a fortune.
I know the pot of styling gel is pricey . I looked on amazon for it for less . I started to put argan oil a few drops in my hair and it is much better . The putty works great for shorter styles, I like the spike look . I will make sure to sharpen those scissors I mean have him hide them away from me
Old 08-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #376
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Also Still, I just realised I've been saying my daughter is 25 but she's not actually 25 until a couple of months time. It wasn't that I had forgotten her age honest, it's just we've been talking so much about her birthday plans and turning a quarter of a century (as she puts it) I have 25 etched on my brain.

Plans changed at the last minute yesterday, I didn't make it to the supermarket. I just grabbed some essentials from the smaller shop ten seconds from home. So today I must go and do a big shop. Thinking of just doing it online but I've probably left it to late to get a delivery slot for tomorrow. Really not in the mood for grocery shopping today, ugh!

Now I feel old your daughter will be a quarter of a century and I am half a century old plus a year ! I will be 52 years old in May if I could just switch those two digits around and go back in time to the good ol days of 25 !

Today is too hot for me to go anywhere, shopping or gardening will be on hold till winter well ok that's a tad sarcasm I just don't do well with such heat .

Maybe it is an age thing I see kids on their bicycles and I shake my head like how fun it would be to handle the heat again without a care . Now I need a bottle of water or two to manage a walk around the park .
Old 08-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #377
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just copied this from the recipie thread. Food really doesn't have to be boring. I'm off shopping and when I return, I'll be making the sweet and sour chicken with shirataki noodles. I also plan to make some meatballs.

Meat:
Allspice, Basil, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, (Red Pepper), Celery Salt, Chili, Cloves, Curry, Dill, Garlic, Marjoram, Mint, Mustard, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme, Turmeric

Poultry:
Basil, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Chervil, Coriander, Curry, Garlic, Ginger, Marjoram, Mint, Mustard, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Poultry Seasoning, Rosemary, Saffron, Salt, Sage, Savory, Tarragon, Thyme

Fish/Shellfish:
Allspice, Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Celery Seed, Chervil, Curry, Dill, Fennel, Garlic, Mace, Marjoram, Mint, Onion, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Salt, Savory, Thyme

Bay Leaves, Cayenne, Celery Salt, Chervil, Coriander, Dill, Garlic, Onion, Oregano, Paprika, Parsley, Pepper, Sage, Salt, Tarragon, Thyme

"Also useful in many recipes for a large variety of foods, to add flavor and texture: Caraway Seeds--Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds"

Sesame seeds would go great as a topping with the orange chicken
Now if only I knew where to find orange diet soda . I put the prawns in the freezer till I can gather the makings of this delicious sounding recipe .
Old 08-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #378
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Sad news to report I weighed myself and I am 156.4 lbs ugh ! Now I am sad very sad

I am skipping breakfast and lunch I am taking out a rib eye for dinner and I am upping the fat today no veggies maybe iced coffee with cream . This is all on standby . Maybe if I can make it through with out eating , I will skip dinner too . I love / hate you wine !

You know makemeslim vodka with crystal light is worth a try. I love most of the flavours
Old 08-14-2016, 09:38 AM   #379
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Sad news to report I weighed myself and I am 156.4 lbs ugh ! Now I am sad very sad

I am skipping breakfast and lunch I am taking out a rib eye for dinner and I am upping the fat today no veggies maybe iced coffee with cream . This is all on standby . Maybe if I can make it through with out eating , I will skip dinner too . I love / hate you wine !

You know makemeslim vodka with crystal light is worth a try. I love most of the flavours
Oh, Still, that's the pits. I also had a glass of champagne last night and some cooked greens (in bacon grease) along with my shrimp. My total cals were under 1000, but I didn't gain. I didn't lose either.

I'm not filled with dieter's remorse because I feel as if I may have needed this special celebration with my husband. Now if I start gaining tomorrow, I will regret it.

You will lose the water weight quickly--I'm sure.

That ol' devil wine....it's good though!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #380
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:

Meat:

Poultry:

Fish/Shellfish:

Thanks for this list..I'm still wishing I could taste your soup. Funny that sesame seeds would be allowed--
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #381
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, Still, that's the pits. I also had a glass of champagne last night and some cooked greens (in bacon grease) along with my shrimp. My total cals were under 1000, but I didn't gain. I didn't lose either.

I'm not filled with dieter's remorse because I feel as if I may have needed this special celebration with my husband. Now if I start gaining tomorrow, I will regret it.

You will lose the water weight quickly--I'm sure.

That ol' devil wine....it's good though!
You deserve to celebrate coffeepot with your hubby !! I am glad you had no gain

Thank you for your support . I am in the middle now on the scale could go either way
and I hate it and yes wine is so good

I love sesame seeds
Old 08-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #382
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for this list..I'm still wishing I could taste your soup. Funny that sesame seeds would be allowed--
I know right ? makemeslim is the low carb chef I am going to have to subscribe to her new cooking channel
Old 08-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #383
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All,
Two days off Stillmans and my energy is good again, and I am leveled at 238. So all in all 9 pounds off rather quickly, no weight gain after leaving it.

Today I am going to eat only Stills foods again. If I just need to do it 5-6 days and take a couple days off for energy, that's fine by me.
It certainly can't hurt me.

117 pounds total
Old 08-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #384
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Hi All,
Two days off Stillmans and my energy is good again, and I am leveled at 238. So all in all 9 pounds off rather quickly, no weight gain after leaving it.

Today I am going to eat only Stills foods again. If I just need to do it 5-6 days and take a couple days off for energy, that's fine by me.
Katie , That is great ! I honestly think if I just had salad the gain wouldn't of been so much . I thought one glass won't hurt .

Today is a new day and my energy is up I may follow your plan once I lose energy to add some healthy carbs to my meal and this time no wine

What is on your menu for today ?
Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #385
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know the pot of styling gel is pricey . I looked on amazon for it for less . I started to put argan oil a few drops in my hair and it is much better . The putty works great for shorter styles, I like the spike look . I will make sure to sharpen those scissors I mean have him hide them away from me
I have Argan oil which I love bit its still £30 a bottle. That said, it lasts for ages so worth it in the long run.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #386
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Now I feel old your daughter will be a quarter of a century and I am half a century old plus a year ! I will be 52 years old in May if I could just switch those two digits around and go back in time to the good ol days of 25 !

Today is too hot for me to go anywhere, shopping or gardening will be on hold till winter well ok that's a tad sarcasm I just don't do well with such heat .

Maybe it is an age thing I see kids on their bicycles and I shake my head like how fun it would be to handle the heat again without a care . Now I need a bottle of water or two to manage a walk around the park .
It makes me feel old too and to think I thought it would never happen.
I'll be 47 next May, we might share birthdays?! That would be funny... I'm a Gemini. By name not by nature.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:57 AM   #387
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The soup is sooo easy and takes no time at all, try it! In one of the threads a year ago or so, one of the members had the original Stillman QWL plan menu cards. There were a few things on the card that are not on the list. Certain seasonings and dressings and small amounts of things like lemon. I guess these are all things that you would find in the sauces he says are acceptable. I'm beginning to think if I don't have the daily cheese allowance on a given day then a limited amount of 0% skimmed milk is acceptable. The macros are better than the cottage cheese so it makes sense. He also says that our cheese should be made with skimmed milk so... I understand those wanting to follow the plan to a T but I like to try and consume the same macros but with a few things not on the list. I'm still super strict. This enables me to stick to plan easier than if I was super strict and didn't make reasonable substitutions. Each to their own though.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-14-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Old 08-14-2016, 12:00 PM   #388
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Hi All,

That's great news! Glad your energy has picked up x
Old 08-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #389
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Still, ant weight gain will just be water, you'll drop it after a day on plan!
Old 08-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #390
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Katie , That is great ! I honestly think if I just had salad the gain wouldn't of been so much . I thought one glass won't hurt .

Today is a new day and my energy is up I may follow your plan once I lose energy to add some healthy carbs to my meal and this time no wine

What is on your menu for today ?
I think I will follow more along the lines of the 14 day shape up plan, which allows some vegetables every day. It is still the same rules, no fat/low carb etc.

I'm not sure why I lost the energy I did. It was like a rocket - great! and then piddled out really quick.

My menu today is going to go back in to mono food - b/s chicken, eggs, cottage cheese if needed, and steamed greens.

117 pounds total