Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 PM   #91
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hi Gina!! <3
Well..I have to tell you appetite suppression has been crazy amazing. Better than any diet I've been on.
It was 5:30pm and my tummy gave a growl for food that my friend noticed. I was pleasantly happy that I made it to OMAD time without even thinking about food. That includes making breakfast and lunch for every one!

I think the amount of water is so essential.
Let me refresh page.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #92
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Hi all, I followed Katie over here () and I have a couple of questions...

Do many of you eat beef? I have read the "leanest" cuts are OK, but I mostly see people talk about chicken. If you do eat ground beef, do you get the 93/7, or something else? Maybe sirloin?

Anyone eat ff yogurt? I know the plan says nothing but the things listed, but it was written quite a while ago. I thought I had read about folks eating yogurt, but I may be thinking of Dukan.

I have been doing intermittant fasting, which is good, but slow for me and I have something in just over a month I would really like to drop some lbs for.

Thoughts and advice welcome.
Gina, I bought some ricotta cheese today (almost same as cottage cheese except serving size) - ate a couple spoonfuls. Yuck'ish.
put a teeny bit of cocoa powder and a pack of splenda in about 1/4 cup (maybe even less) and it was delicious. froze it for just a bit (maybe 20 min)...It's really pretty great.

Today I have ate:
1 b/s chicken breast
2 HB eggs with mustard
and I am now eating this "ice cream" concoction.
I'm way behind on water, (almost at 48oz. I'm getting my 96 in before bed!) but seriously...Not hungry. Not really craving anything.

I'm trying to talk myself out of extending the two weeks in to a month and sticking with the original plan of just two weeks and then a week break or adding veggies back.
Unsure if I should ride this out until I've lost the weight or do it slower.
Cause quick weight loss is pretty addicting....
and I'm thinking I just want to stay strict until I reach goal.
It's only day 5, but I could ride this for 2 months and maybe lose 40 pounds for sure.

Thoughts?

117 pounds total

Last edited by Partyof8; 08-06-2016 at 12:10 AM..
Old 08-06-2016, 02:48 AM   #93
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Figured I'd post one thing:
While eating the frozen cheese dessert, I was like. Wow. This is delicious.
but, for the first time in my life - the "treat" was just food.
Just a sweet food.
Never had that happen with sugary sweets during appetite reduction on any diet.

Usually a 'desert' excites something in my brain, somewhere. This time. Nada. Food.

117 pounds total
Old 08-06-2016, 05:24 AM   #94
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Well, I've been maintaining currently, despite wanting to lose 5-10 pounds, so I'm going to shake things up with Stillman's since I have been on JUDDD for 4.5 years. I got to goal and beyond in 2013 and stayed there, but in late 2015 till now I have 5 pounds that I really can't get off with strict JUDDD. I don't know why, but it is what it is. Enter Stillman's. I'm starting on Sunday.
Hi, Carly! I've been (mostly) lurking on the JUDDD board for a while. Your posts were one of the main inspirations for my trying JUDDD, so thank you so much for your encouragement of all of us! Like you, I have been finding JUDDD great for maintenance, but not so much for loss. I lost so much on Stillman about a year ago, and then plateaued. I felt I was stuck in starvation mode and my body simply wasn't going to let go of another ounce without a fight. So I tried JUDDD. I lost another couple pounds, I think, but after that I never lost more. So here I am again, like you.

Having said that, JUDDD has been a lifesaver. This last go on Stillman wasn't the first time I'd lost weight dieting, but thanks to JUDDD, it's the first time I've successfully maintained for so long. Maintenance is the hardest part, so I'm grateful I have a strategy for it.

You and I are nearly in the same boat, I think, with those last stubborn pounds! Here's to whittling them off!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #95
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
What can i say ...........coffee! : ) I am enjoying my stress less weekend. It comes to an end tomorrow though. I was looking at my stats and realized that I lost a bit over 8 pounds in July! I hope to lose 10 this month.

It sounds like we are all fired up to lose this weight! We can do it!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #96
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Hi all, I followed Katie over here () and I have a couple of questions...

Do many of you eat beef? I have read the "leanest" cuts are OK, but I mostly see people talk about chicken. If you do eat ground beef, do you get the 93/7, or something else? Maybe sirloin?

Anyone eat ff yogurt? I know the plan says nothing but the things listed, but it was written quite a while ago. I thought I had read about folks eating yogurt, but I may be thinking of Dukan.

I have been doing intermittant fasting, which is good, but slow for me and I have something in just over a month I would really like to drop some lbs for.

Thoughts and advice welcome.
I eat beef on Stillman's and it is mostly lean. I do eat sirloin and top round broiled. Usually if I eat ground beef, I buy 90/10, but I try to be careful eating it because it, too, can make me crave. I eat a lot of fish right now--salmon, tuna, flounder.

While chicken and turkey don't make me crave, they do tend to make me retain water and not lose, so I don't eat them. I don't know why because I used to lose weight eating chicken breast. I might be one of those very insulin resistant people that Fung talks about that must watch protein. Chicken breast does have lots of protein.

When you look at the diet, and it was written years ago--it is very fat-phobic! So even the cottage cheese recommended is skim which has more carbs than whole cottage cheese, but fewer calories. Perhaps low fat yogurt would be okay as it is in Dukan--but combining Stillman's with what we know from ketogenic diets and healthy food, I would stay away from any low fat dairy. Because regular cheese makes me crave, I waiting until I lose the 15 lbs before I indulge. However, this is what works for me. If you look at my stats, you will see that at 5'2" and the weight I was, it is very likely that I'm extremely insulin resistant and I need to be very careful with protein and dairy. Most people don't have my problem, and you probably don't. Experiment. I gain weight doing Atkins if I eat too much fat. I gain weight doing zero carb if I eat too much meat (esp. chicken breast).

Good luck!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #97
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to pop in, say hi, and see how y'all are doin.

I am ecstatic to see some of my long time stillman buds and thrilled to see so many new friends have joined in. Hearing your success stories is amazing!! You have all done so well in soo many different ways!! I am so very happy for you all!

Keep up the good work!!

The support and advice Ive looked through over the last few threads is great! (havent had time to peruse them all!) but they are spot on and together, you will make it through!!

Mim - so happy to hear you are going to Italy! That is fantastic news!!
Missed you guys!!

....So, Ive been pretty good, enjoying the summer with the kids, but Ive also been up to my old tricks again, yo-yoing up and down. Seems Im either on a diet or off a diet, with no inbetween. The weight sure does come off fast, but why does it have to come right back on. Thankfully, today, I am on a diet, and maybe this time around I'll keep it in check. I foresee a little calorie counting will be in order..

I wanted to share that I recently went on a strict inches off diet and as of today have lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks. (Today starts week 4) So, for those that really miss veggies, and are willing to stay completely away from meat, this can prove to have pretty good results! If anyone is interested, Id be happy to give more details, but Ive been known to do really stripped down torturous versions. That is once my willpower finally kicks in. I do best with limited choices in unlimited amounts!! So far so good on the veggie train.

Thats it for now! Wishing everyone a happy and on plan day!!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:16 PM   #98
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

I am ecstatic to see some of my long time stillman buds and thrilled to see so many new friends have joined in. Hearing your success stories is amazing!! You have all done so well in soo many different ways!! I am so very happy for you all!

Keep up the good work!!

The support and advice Ive looked through over the last few threads is great! (havent had time to peruse them all!) but they are spot on and together, you will make it through!!

Missed you guys!!

....So, Ive been pretty good, enjoying the summer with the kids, but Ive also been up to my old tricks again, yo-yoing up and down. Seems Im either on a diet or off a diet, with no inbetween. The weight sure does come off fast, but why does it have to come right back on. Thankfully, today, I am on a diet, and maybe this time around I'll keep it in check. I foresee a little calorie counting will be in order..

I wanted to share that I recently went on a strict inches off diet and as of today have lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks. (Today starts week 4) So, for those that really miss veggies, and are willing to stay completely away from meat, this can prove to have pretty good results! If anyone is interested, Id be happy to give more details, but Ive been known to do really stripped down torturous versions. That is once my willpower finally kicks in. I do best with limited choices in unlimited amounts!! So far so good on the veggie train.

Al So pleased to hear from you! All we need now is CC and GT to drop by. Congrats on the 17lb Al, amazeballs! What does a days menu look like for you?
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #99
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
What can i say ...........coffee! : ) I am enjoying my stress less weekend. It comes to an end tomorrow though. I was looking at my stats and realized that I lost a bit over 8 pounds in July! I hope to lose 10 this month.

It sounds like we are all fired up to lose this weight! We can do it!
Well done Mim! Great stuff! I know you'll do the 10lb.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #100
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I got to goal before, I need to do it again. Why didn't I have a maintenance plan on board. I have found it so hard to get my head round losing and sticking to plan. Let this be my month! Happy Saturday peeps.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #101
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Figured I'd post one thing:
While eating the frozen cheese dessert, I was like. Wow. This is delicious.
but, for the first time in my life - the "treat" was just food.
Just a sweet food.
Never had that happen with sugary sweets during appetite reduction on any diet.

Usually a 'desert' excites something in my brain, somewhere. This time. Nada. Food.
I am going to buy some ricotta cheese asap! I am thinking of making a frozen Italian SF cheese cake cups
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #102
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

Keep up the good work!!

Missed you guys!!

Wonderful progress !

I looked over the inches off and I am thinking of doing it on and off with QWL .

I would definitely plan on fruit smoothies for breakfast then juice some veggies for lunch and make a salad for dinner . I really should spend more time on here reading

Thank you very much for posting this very useful diet information
Old 08-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #103
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Hi Al! So good to "see" you again! I want to hear how you are doing inches off.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #104
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Al I've loved reading your posts on older threads. Thanks for the encouragement!

239 today and it's time of month...So HOORAY! Thats 7 pounds in 6 days. Pretty exciting!!!

117 pounds total
Old 08-06-2016, 02:01 PM   #105
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I got to goal before, I need to do it again. Why didn't I have a maintenance plan on board. I have found it so hard to get my head round losing and sticking to plan. Let this be my month! Happy Saturday peeps.
Happy Saturday !

I completely understand you makemeslim and if it were easy to start and stick to dieting we all wouldn't be here now would we ?

I would be on a Nutella diet on some beach without a care in the world !

I hope everyone is having a great weekend !

I made my recipe for steak picada .... for my son I roll the picada into taquitos which I then fry. He loves them !
Tonight it will be a struggle for me

Last edited by StillTheOne; 08-06-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #106
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Al I've loved reading your posts on older threads. Thanks for the encouragement!

239 today and it's time of month...So HOORAY! Thats 7 pounds in 6 days. Pretty exciting!!!
Wonderful !
Old 08-06-2016, 11:46 PM   #107
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I am going to buy some ricotta cheese asap! I am thinking of making a frozen Italian SF cheese cake cups
When you put it like that, it sounds delicious! I wonder what a few drops of lemon would do to the mix?! Lemon cheese cups!
Old 08-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #108
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Saturday !

I completely understand you makemeslim and if it were easy to start and stick to dieting we all wouldn't be here now would we ?

I would be on a Nutella diet on some beach without a care in the world !

I hope everyone is having a great weekend !

I made my recipe for steak picada .... for my son I roll the picada into taquitos which I then fry. He loves them !
Tonight it will be a struggle for me
Hey Still Thank you. I think there is an actual Nutella diet out there somewhere. I know there's a cookie diet. The steak picada sounds interesting but I'm not sure what a taquito is? I'm thinking a taco/burrito type thing? I hope you won the struggle and managed to stick to plan.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-07-2016 at 12:01 AM..
Old 08-07-2016, 12:05 AM   #109
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Yay Katie!

I went shopping this evening and bought some low fat and fat free stuff to give this a go. I was thinking Monday, but I have this big day-long team-building thing that will have a catered lunch (that has been delicious in past years), so maybe Tuesday.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:39 AM   #110
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, Gina.. Go with Tuesday! Enjoy your lunch, cause after about 4-5 days on this diet - the desires pretty much gone.

Tonight my friend ate a Reeses peanut butter chocolate cup in front of me and there wasn't even a whimper down in this chunky girls soul.
Kind of like, nah..go ahead.

Am I nuts? lol

I can't wait to see what tomorrow says. I'm expecting probably to stay the same. I'm going to get spoiled if I expect to see every day drops like I have been.

117 pounds total
Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 AM   #111
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

So my weight has been all over the place but I decided it was time to face facts and update my stats. Was hard to see those numbers. The good news is I'm on the morning of day four of my plan and down 5lbs so I'm happy about that. Here's to many more pounds gone this month!
Old 08-07-2016, 03:52 AM   #112
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, Gina.. Go with Tuesday! Enjoy your lunch, cause after about 4-5 days on this diet - the desires pretty much gone.

Tonight my friend ate a Reeses peanut butter chocolate cup in front of me and there wasn't even a whimper down in this chunky girls soul.

Am I nuts? lol

I can't wait to see what tomorrow says. I'm expecting probably to stay the same. I'm going to get spoiled if I expect to see every day drops like I have been.
I'm not keen on chocolate nor do I have a sweet tooth but I have to say... Peanut butter chocolate cups are delectable! Cool when you can pass one up with ease!
Old 08-07-2016, 06:56 AM   #113
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Today is day 1 for me.

Weigh-in: 8/7- 130.6

I was hungry when I woke up so I sprayed 2 fast squirts of Pam in my little skillet and made and egg white omelette with season salt. My tummy is happy and I'm sipping on iced coffee with Splenda and a splash of Jordan's Skinny Syrup (tiramisu). No creamer and shockingly I don't miss it.

I'll go to the grocery store later to buy cottage cheese, ground turkey or chicken and some fish. I haven't decided if I will try eating a bit when hungry or if I will stick to my normal OMAD.

I woke up starving this morning and am glad I had my little egg white "omelet".

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:16 AM   #114
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Still Thank you. I think there is an actual Nutella diet out there somewhere. I know there's a cookie diet. The steak picada sounds interesting but I'm not sure what a taquito is? I'm thinking a taco/burrito type thing? I hope you won the struggle and managed to stick to plan.
A Nutella diet exists? I was just joking ! I may have to Google that Nutella and cookie diet .

Steak picada is shredded steak seasoned spicy. The taquitos makemeslim are when you roll a tablespoon of steak picada into small tortillas up into thin cigarette style corn or flour tortillas you then fry golden brown .

I wasn't good makemeslim but thank you for your support
Old 08-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #115
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
When you put it like that, it sounds delicious! I wonder what a few drops of lemon would do to the mix?! Lemon cheese cups!
Lemon or vanilla extract makemeslim mixed with ricotta cheese add Stevia or Splenda makes it very close to an Italian cheese cake filling! And low carb too !
Old 08-07-2016, 08:24 AM   #116
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Am I nuts? lol

Stay positive Katie you may be surprised with a loss! You're doing great !
Old 08-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #117
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So my weight has been all over the place but I decided it was time to face facts and update my stats. Was hard to see those numbers. The good news is I'm on the morning of day four of my plan and down 5lbs so I'm happy about that. Here's to many more pounds gone this month!

Congratulations makemeslim on your 5lb loss !
Old 08-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #118
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Al So pleased to hear from you! All we need now is CC and GT to drop by. Congrats on the 17lb Al, amazeballs! What does a days menu look like for you?
HI makeme!!!!!!! :h ugs: these hugs arent even big enough!!!

Thank you!!! Ive been eating broccoli, carrots, lettuce, red and green peppers. Cucumbers, eggplant, jalapenos from the garden. For flavor to help get more of it down, I add saurkraut, dill pickles, dill relish, jarred pepperocini peppers or green chili peppers. I love vinegar!! I use Salt and Pepper, but no dressings or other condiments. Mainly because the thought of broccoli, carrots and mustard..

I drink black coffee, and the first 2 weeks I drank water. I just recently started back on my Crystal light. and it was sooooooooo sweet. almost too sweet.

I steam the broccoli and carrots just so they are a little easier to eat but still have crunch to make me work for it and last longer. Servings for the day are about 3 broc crowns/head and a 1lb bag of pre peeled/cut carrots a day. 1 - 1 1/2 cans of saurkraut. Half a head of lettuce, 2 peppers, 1/2 - 1 cucumber. I munch on pickles or grab a raw jalapeno to burn my mouth out so I cant eat anymore. Theres so much chewing involved but it ends up being a lot of food to keep busy on all day. I prep for 3 days in advance and just pull stuff out as I want it.

So Ive probably been low on calories, but my energy is fine (after the first few really rotten days), and it doesnt bother me as long as the weight comes off before my vacation at the end of the week. After all when I used to eat 3 or 4 chicken breasts, the calories didnt add up to all that much either.

I wont do anymore veggie talkin since most of you are QWLing it.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:31 AM   #119
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hi!! Look at those results!! Awesome!
Old 08-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #120
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are on your way with a vengeance!! You got this girl!