Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #121
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Sunday !

I am glad to see everyone is staying strong keeping on plan .
I wish I could take my own advice , and follow through but I don't and I am not going to judge myself too harshly .. I am in perimenapause and I get insane cravings that overcome me . I have to get myself into the right frame of mind maybe do a fast of some kind whatever the case may be.
I will always follow that 5lb rule here's to a better day !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #122
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post

I'm trying to talk myself out of extending the two weeks in to a month and sticking with the original plan of just two weeks and then a week break or adding veggies back.
Unsure if I should ride this out until I've lost the weight or do it slower.
Cause quick weight loss is pretty addicting....
and I'm thinking I just want to stay strict until I reach goal.
It's only day 5, but I could ride this for 2 months and maybe lose 40 pounds for sure.

Thoughts?
May I? If you are in the QWL groove, and can stick with it through, then I suggest going for it. For me, its so much harder trying to get back on (and stay on) once I go off. Im not sure how your carb withdrawal is, but switching back to no carbs gives me wicked headaches, fatigue and turns me into a grouchy beast for 3 days. lol I end up in bed or laying down and it makes me feel lazy and worse. I cant deal with that. If you dont have issues switching though, then the longer you stay on any plan the better. You have come so far already, and I know you have it in you to reach your goal!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #123
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
HI makeme!!!!!!! :h ugs: these hugs arent even big enough!!!

Thank you!!! Ive been eating broccoli, carrots, lettuce, red and green peppers. Cucumbers, eggplant, jalapenos from the garden. For flavor to help get more of it down, I add saurkraut, dill pickles, dill relish, jarred pepperocini peppers or green chili peppers. I love vinegar!! I use Salt and Pepper, but no dressings or other condiments. Mainly because the thought of broccoli, carrots and mustard..

I drink black coffee, and the first 2 weeks I drank water. I just recently started back on my Crystal light. and it was sooooooooo sweet. almost too sweet.

I steam the broccoli and carrots just so they are a little easier to eat but still have crunch to make me work for it and last longer. Servings for the day are about 3 broc crowns/head and a 1lb bag of pre peeled/cut carrots a day. 1 - 1 1/2 cans of saurkraut. Half a head of lettuce, 2 peppers, 1/2 - 1 cucumber. I munch on pickles or grab a raw jalapeno to burn my mouth out so I cant eat anymore. Theres so much chewing involved but it ends up being a lot of food to keep busy on all day. I prep for 3 days in advance and just pull stuff out as I want it.

So Ive probably been low on calories, but my energy is fine (after the first few really rotten days), and it doesnt bother me as long as the weight comes off before my vacation at the end of the week. After all when I used to eat 3 or 4 chicken breasts, the calories didnt add up to all that much either.

I wont do anymore veggie talkin since most of you are QWLing it.
Awww thanks.
Wow Al, that's a lot of veg!! I actually love veggies but it takes dedication to eat veggies and veggies alone! You have an iron will! I'm sure you will reach goal in time for your vacation. Sauerkraut is great for you though it's not something I'm fond of but like you I love vinegar and so like most things pickled. Where are you off to if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-07-2016 at 08:58 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #124
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Sunday !

I wish I could take my own advice , and follow through but I don't and I am not going to judge myself too harshly .. I am in perimenapause and I get insane cravings that overcome me . I have to get myself into the right frame of mind maybe do a fast of some kind whatever the case may be.
sending willpower your way!! Are the cravings taking over after a few successful days, or are you having trouble starting up?
Old 08-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #125
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
A Nutella diet exists? I was just joking ! I may have to Google that Nutella and cookie diet .

Steak picada is shredded steak seasoned spicy. The taquitos makemeslim are when you roll a tablespoon of steak picada into small tortillas up into thin cigarette style corn or flour tortillas you then fry golden brown .

I wasn't good makemeslim but thank you for your support
Sorry to hear that but from the sounds of the steak picada, I would have crumbled too. When I read golden brown my mouth watered.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #126
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Congratulations makemeslim on your 5lb loss !
Thanks Still x
Old 08-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #127
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are on your way with a vengeance!! You got this girl!
Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I think I have! Feeling positive!
Old 08-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #128
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Awww thanks.
Wow Al, that's a lot of veg!! I actually love veggies but it takes dedication to eat veggies and veggies alone! You have an iron will! I'm sure you will reach goal in time for your vacation. Sauerkraut is great for you though it's not something I'm fond of but like you I love vinegar and so like most things pickled. Where are you off to if you don't mind me asking?
I have to find a place that makes fresh sauerkraut cause I dont think the generic stuff Im eating from the grocery store has those probiotics or whetever the good stuff is. I put on the weight eating lots of rice and beans, but Ive come to terms now that I cant eat like that if I dont exercise. So plain veggies it will be until I decide to get up and move and count calories if I want to add the yum yums back in.

Were staying in the states. Hilton Head, South Carolina. I cant wait! They have miles and miles of "flat" bike trails so I should be able to handle it! and miles and mile of beach!!
Old 08-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #129
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I think I have! Feeling positive!
toot that horn!! yah baby!
Old 08-07-2016, 09:17 AM   #130
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Sunday !

Here's to a better day Still. It's hard sometimes but keep at it and you WILL get there as you know. I'm having to do higher fat BC it's all I can deal with right now. It's keeping cravings at bay and I don't feel at all hungry. If the loss stalls, I'll slip into Stillmans but for the moment I'm happy. Having got to goal on Stillmans in the past, I found it really difficult the first 3/4 days or so and I hung around going back and forth for what felt like an eternity. Then one day something clicked and the fat literally melted. I'm sure if you hang around something will click for you too.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #131
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have to find a place that makes fresh sauerkraut cause I dont think the generic stuff Im eating from the grocery store has those probiotics or whetever the good stuff is. I put on the weight eating lots of rice and beans, but Ive come to terms now that I cant eat like that if I dont exercise. So plain veggies it will be until I decide to get up and move and count calories if I want to add the yum yums back in.

Were staying in the states. Hilton Head, South Carolina. I cant wait! They have miles and miles of "flat" bike trails so I should be able to handle it! and miles and mile of beach!!
There are some good recipes on YouTube if you fancy making your own!! I've always wondered if I might like a homemade one better? At least you realised your gain and took action! Unlike some here that managed to put the lot back on and a few extra! Your holiday sounds cool, I'm well jel! No Holiday for me this summer. I hope to get away just before Xmas. Hope you have a fab time Al!

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-07-2016 at 09:38 AM..
Old 08-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #132
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 08-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #133
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
sending willpower your way!! Are the cravings taking over after a few successful days, or are you having trouble starting up?
Hi Al ! I have no trouble starting up, after a good week I get close to 155lbs the half way point to my goal. I get bored then cravings start up its the same ol' thing for me . I was thinking of fasting to just get it over with and stay in ketosis but that's another challenge in itself.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #134
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here's to a better day Still. It's hard sometimes but keep at it and you WILL get there as you know. I'm having to do higher fat BC it's all I can deal with right now. It's keeping cravings at bay and I don't feel at all hungry. If the loss stalls, I'll slip into Stillmans but for the moment I'm happy. Having got to goal on Stillmans in the past, I found it really difficult the first 3/4 days or so and I hung around going back and forth for what felt like an eternity. Then one day something clicked and the fat literally melted. I'm sure if you hang around something will click for you too.
That's it exactly makemeslim I fail after 5 days . I then say enough already then I get back on plan for another 5 days . I agree with higher fat foods and I did eat a juicy rib eye steak but then I caved in cooking for my son I was better doing this diet in the past .
Old 08-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #135
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Enjoy you're vacation Al , you truly deserve it ! Your stats are fantastic !

Last edited by StillTheOne; 08-07-2016 at 09:56 AM..
Old 08-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #136
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Old 08-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #137
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
May I? If you are in the QWL groove, and can stick with it through, then I suggest going for it. For me, its so much harder trying to get back on (and stay on) once I go off. Im not sure how your carb withdrawal is, but switching back to no carbs gives me wicked headaches, fatigue and turns me into a grouchy beast for 3 days. lol I end up in bed or laying down and it makes me feel lazy and worse. I cant deal with that. If you dont have issues switching though, then the longer you stay on any plan the better. You have come so far already, and I know you have it in you to reach your goal!
Thanks Aleria..
I think I shall take your advice!!

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #138
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Day 1 is going well so far. It's after 4:15pm and I only drank half a cup of black coffee. That amazes me. I normally drink 4-6 larger cups every day. I've only had about 20 ounces of water though.

I had my egg white "omelet" around 8:30am, which is such an anomaly for me. I probably haven't had breakfast in over a year before this. Tonight for dinner I'm planning to cook a tilapia filet with some mustard and spices and maybe a small egg white omelet with some seasoned ground turkey.

Do those of you who have been successful limit yourself to an amount of calories while following strict QWL?

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #139
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds reasonable and yummy Carly.
Its 2pm and I havent ate yet. Going to drink 24 oz of water and then maybe make something if it sounds good.

117 pounds total
Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #140
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and IMO - the calories just kind of take care of themselves..Especially after about day 3-4. I'm pretty sure I'm running on less than 500 cals a day most the time. Just no desire to eat, really.

117 pounds total
Old 08-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #141
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There are some good recipes on YouTube if you fancy making your own!! I've always wondered if I might like a homemade one better? At least you realised your gain and took action! Unlike some here that managed to put the lot back on and a few extra! Your holiday sounds cool, I'm well jel! No Holiday for me this summer. I hope to get away just before Xmas. Hope you have a fab time Al!
No kudos deserved here, but thank you so much!! A real honest to goodness maintenance plan is in order for me cause this is getting ridiculous!

oh my gosh! so many sauerkraut recipes - and its soooo simple!! thank you soooo much for the suggestion!! and you should totally book a holiday to get you even more in the Stillman spirit!!

MIM!!! Didn't you have a sauerkraut recipe back in the day?? if so, do share please!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #142
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Al ! I have no trouble starting up, after a good week I get close to 155lbs the half way point to my goal. I get bored then cravings start up its the same ol' thing for me . I was thinking of fasting to just get it over with and stay in ketosis but that's another challenge in itself.
I see.... when things get really tough for me, I just go to bed. Perhaps you need a good 7 days before the cravings subside. We're rooting for ya!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #143
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Day 1 is going well so far. It's after 4:15pm and I only drank half a cup of black coffee. That amazes me. I normally drink 4-6 larger cups every day. I've only had about 20 ounces of water though.

I had my egg white "omelet" around 8:30am, which is such an anomaly for me. I probably haven't had breakfast in over a year before this. Tonight for dinner I'm planning to cook a tilapia filet with some mustard and spices and maybe a small egg white omelet with some seasoned ground turkey.

Do those of you who have been successful limit yourself to an amount of calories while following strict QWL?
Hi Carly! Great job! Hooray for Day 1. On QWL for my first few days, I didn't limit myself, but eventually I only needed the equivalent of about 3 chicken breasts. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But I always strived for 3 (which was actually 6 cause I split them!)

We had a friend on here that used to make meat scrambles. She cooked up all her turkey/lean ground beef then scrambled a bunch of eggs in it. YUMMO!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #144
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
That sounds reasonable and yummy Carly.
Its 2pm and I havent ate yet. Going to drink 24 oz of water and then maybe make something if it sounds good.
let us know whatcha came up with, cause QWL is so exciting!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:15 PM   #145
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

off to watch more recipe clips cause that's what I do when I cant eat it! true confessions here.. lololol
Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #146
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lol Ali

I scrambled a bunch of ground chicken, added some sf ketchup/splenda/soy sauce to it. It would be amazing in lettuce...Debating on if a few leaves would hurt me

117 pounds total
Old 08-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #147
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Meh, I'm over it. I'll scramble eggs in the leftover for dinner and call it good.

117 pounds total
Old 08-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #148
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow is restart for me .. I caved in for some ice cream and I feel like I lost control . Starbucks was tempting but I resisted . I am going to bed early start over and wipe that slate clean !
Thanks for your support makemeslim and Al I don't know why it's harder this time around .
Old 08-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #149
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Still - it sounds like a plan! Wipe the slate clean and start again, right now!

Al - I make my own sauerkraut. It is so much better than store bought. And it is so simple!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:53 PM   #150
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

Hey Carly, just wanted to congratulate you on a successful start. Time to watch the pounds roll.