Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #211
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
Today is day 1 for me, so everyone wish me luck!

So far I have had.....coffee. I IF normally and usually skip breakfast, so I'll try to continue that. I think I'll pack some boiled eggs and roll-ups with ham and lf cheese sticks for lunch.

Maybe a turkey burger and cottage cheese for dinner. My son went fishing and came back with a bunch of cod, so I could do that too.

I'm not ready yet to try OMAD with this food, we'll see what happens later.

Carly, are you off coffee because you normally drink it with cream, etc? That's dedication.

Katie, I am not surprised you need a break. I am going to have to take a break every week when I do long runs. They are hard enough as it is. Hope you see a nice loss today.
Good luck GME!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #212
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Katie I understand how you feel . This diet is one of the most extreme diets of all diets that I have done, including the egg mono diet which I barely tolerated .
I am back on day 2 with stillmans because it works and it is a struggle and if I want to drop those pounds I know this diet will do it .
Like mim said let's hang in there together .
Great stuff Still, we'll hit the week mark together!
Old 08-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #213
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yes, I will try only half a can tomorrow.

About 5 years ago DW said "I'll cook tonight. Do you like hamburger helper."
I said "I've never had it, but I'm not too sure about it."
DW said "You'll love it. It's so good!"

Uh, not really a fan
I do almost ALL the cooking now
What is hamburger helper?
Old 08-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #214
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Tuesday !
I am on plan sort of .. I am super hungry today. I am upping the fat it gets me through at the very least, I am going with a low carb diet wise .

Cream in my iced coffee at lunch and bacon and scrambled eggs for dinner .

I figure it's better than falling off completely into a carb frenzie, so there's that .
Have a great day everyone !
Yes up the fat if you are having a hard time. You may be supprised that the scale still moves in your favour. Then when you hit ketosis and your appetite reduces you can switch things around but I'm deffo in agreement with upping fat. If I hit a wall at any time, I'll do the same thing but for now I seem to be doing just fine.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #215
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Ahhh got the coffee. I'll pull through another night.
This part of the diet is reminding me of quitting smoking..Where you have to find all of your inner strength to continue and then you still feel like you're on the brink of 'screw it'.

Sorry, just sharing my struggle today. lol
I have thought that exact thing in the past! Not just with Stillmans but also when I tried a ridiculously low calorie meal replacement plan. It was a week from hell! I remember being dizzy but the company diet advisers said it was fine. All part of the plan. Can't believe I stuck it out. At least with Stillmans you can shove some food down if you need to. I actually try to make sure I eat a fair bit on plan even if I don't fancy it.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:55 PM   #216
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
What is hamburger helper?
It's a boxed concoction of pasta, with a packet of a sauce mix thrown in. You add hamburger and it makes a meal.
It's about as exciting as it sounds.

Quote:
Yes up the fat if you are having a hard time. You may be supprised that the scale still moves in your favour. Then when you hit ketosis and your appetite reduces you can switch things around but I'm deffo in agreement with upping fat. If I hit a wall at any time, I'll do the same thing but for now I seem to be doing just fine.
Maybe I need to up the fat also. Wouldn't hurt to try.
Quote:
I have thought that exact thing in the past! Not just with Stillmans but also when I tried a ridiculously low calorie meal replacement plan. It was a week from hell! I remember being dizzy but the company diet advisers said it was fine. All part of the plan. Can't believe I stuck it out. At least with Stillmans you can shove some food down if you need to. I actually try to make sure I eat a fair bit on plan even if I don't fancy it.
Yeah the dizziness is crazy!
I'm going to up my fats. Maybe get some coconut oil in me.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:49 AM   #217
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Partyof8, it sounds really strange! Don't think it would be a hit here in the UK but then we are pretty boring. I get hacked off that there are so many things for low carbers in the US that you can't get here. Of course I think avoiding 'Frakenfood' is best but occasionally it can be a great help. I sometimes get Crystal Light from Amazon (Thank you Al for sending me a trial). I know it's not healthy but even so, it comes in handy. I really want to try la Croix (spelling) water but to have it sent here would cost a small fortune. I think it was somewhere in the region of £100 for about ten cans. We don't even have the Atkins frozen meals here BC they are deemed too unhealthy yet it's ok for us to buy crappy, sugary cereals and every other sugary treat you can think of. Am I ranting?!
Old 08-10-2016, 06:57 AM   #218
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good morning all! I slept pretty well last night. 2 good nights rest in less than a week is unheard of for me. It's just too bad that my energy levels are so low. I didn't even take my evening walk last night. I was just too darn tired.

I made curried ground turkey last night. It was pretty good. DW even said it was tasty and she is against ground turkey on general principals

I woke up feeling a bit water logged again so decided to weigh this evening. I don't want bad scale news to derail me.

I'm sipping on my iced coffee with liquid splenda. A triple shot of espresso with half and half will be the first thing I have when I go back to JUDDD.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:18 AM   #219
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I didn't make it through the night. Well, I made it, as I am alive, but I didn't make it with Stillman's. I'll try again today. It was an IF day if nothing else I suppose.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #220
Carly

Quote:
I didn't make it through the night. Well, I made it, as I am alive, but I didn't make it with Stillman's. I'll try again today. It was an IF day if nothing else I suppose.
Did something in particular derail you? I find if I'm really hungry before I have dinner, 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese really helps. I put either season salt or cinnamon and liquid splenda in.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:34 AM   #221
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

I think it was I didn't take time to make a "meal," I just got home and ate some lf cheese, then a chicken burger, then got frustrated because I was still hungry but nothing sounded good.

Then DH calls from the kitchen to tell me that a big delicious cheesecake looked like it might not last much longer, did I want to have a slice with him.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #222
Joybird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joybird
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Oct 8/07
Breakfast - cottage cheese ,1 hard boiled egg, cheese string
Old 08-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #223
Carly

Quote:
I think it was I didn't take time to make a "meal," I just got home and ate some lf cheese, then a chicken burger, then got frustrated because I was still hungry but nothing sounded good.

Then DH calls from the kitchen to tell me that a big delicious cheesecake looked like it might not last much longer, did I want to have a slice with him.
I have not eaten a real meal since being on Stillman's. The foods I have been using, with success, don't lend themselves to be a meal (for me a meal must include at least 2 food groups- Carbs and meat, meat and veggies, etc..).

I usually have 2-3 types of lean protein for my dinner. Ex- Egg whites and fish, Egg whites and ground turkey, fish and cottage cheese, fish & egg white omelet with ground turkey ...

So far my energy is better today, but it's only 11am and I have cut my usual amount of walking from 16,000- 19,000 steps a day to 10,000-13,000 steps a day and I don't like that too much.

I'll definitely stick with it today and Thursday and re-evaluate on Friday morning. If my energy holds up I see how long I can ride this if the weight is still dropping off.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #224
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Ahhh got the coffee. I'll pull through another night.
This part of the diet is reminding me of quitting smoking..Where you have to find all of your inner strength to continue and then you still feel like you're on the brink of 'screw it'.

Sorry, just sharing my struggle today. lol
Katie please don't apologise. I realised I mess up at night . I struggle before bed for either something salty crunch like or sweet and creamy or both! it is difficult but let's do this !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #225
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great stuff Still, we'll hit the week mark together!
Oh makemeslim I am tempted to weigh myself and I made a promise to myself to hold out till Friday . Do you weigh every day ?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #226
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am glad you are doing just fine makemeslim I hope that by Friday I am in ketosis as well and the stillmans diet won't be an issue going forward .
Old 08-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #227
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's a boxed concoction of pasta, with a packet of a sauce mix thrown in. You add hamburger and it makes a meal.
It's about as exciting as it sounds.

Maybe I need to up the fat also. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Yeah the dizziness is crazy!
I'm going to up my fats. Maybe get some coconut oil in me.
Katie, I make a low carb curried chicken in coconut oil high fat though and spicy but that can be adjusted to your taste .
Old 08-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #228
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I have not eaten a real meal since being on Stillman's. The foods I have been using, with success, don't lend themselves to be a meal (for me a meal must include at least 2 food groups- Carbs and meat, meat and veggies, etc..).

I usually have 2-3 types of lean protein for my dinner. Ex- Egg whites and fish, Egg whites and ground turkey, fish and cottage cheese, fish & egg white omelet with ground turkey ...

So far my energy is better today, but it's only 11am and I have cut my usual amount of walking from 16,000- 19,000 steps a day to 10,000-13,000 steps a day and I don't like that too much.

I'll definitely stick with it today and Thursday and re-evaluate on Friday morning. If my energy holds up I see how long I can ride this if the weight is still dropping off.
Well, by "meal" I mean 2-3 things on a plate that I sit down to eat.

I got on the scale after I posted and am down 2 lbs, even with the cheesecake incident, so I will stick it out.

For work I packed two chicken patties, some FF yogurt flavored with Mio drops, and FF cottage cheese with some sweetener and cinnamon.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #229
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hi GME
I am back on low carb after being tempted by the carb side with taquitos, my younger son loves Mexican food and requested homemade taquitos well need I say more ? Let's get past it and move forward we got this !
Old 08-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #230
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, by "meal" I mean 2-3 things on a plate that I sit down to eat.

I got on the scale after I posted and am down 2 lbs, even with the cheesecake incident, so I will stick it out.

For work I packed two chicken patties, some FF yogurt flavored with Mio drops, and FF cottage cheese with some sweetener and cinnamon.
Yay see you got this !
Old 08-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #231
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Wednesday ! I am on plan and not quite sure what to eat today . I had my usual lemon water and coffee black . I may purchase some prawns today thanks makemeslim I think it will be my first low in fat meal for this week , possibly Friday.

I was tempted to weigh myself and instead I tried on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in like forever ! I got them all the way up snug and cannot button them sadly. I am hopeful that I will get my jelly belly zipped in them I will deal with the muffin top at first and look in making that go bye bye too !

Have a great on plan day !
Old 08-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #232
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all
What a great group of women here.
Makemeslim- I tried La croix water, and I did not like it. It could have been the flavor I tried, but I thought - "This is what every one is raving about???"
I am always curious about other countries and how they shop for food, whats available, what they eat..etc.
If you tell me you have no such thing as poptarts, I'm afraid I'll be more impressed than I should be. LOL

---
Joybird - that sounds like a reasonable meal. How are you feeling?
-----
Gina, try, try, try again. lol You know the routine.
-------
Carly, can't wait to see your weight loss this evening
--------------------

I could not sleep last night, and eventually I caved and ate 5 sf chocolates.
Down a pound today, so I'm fine with it. Those were so delicious though.
It gave me enough oomph to get through today.

237!

117 pounds total
Old 08-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #233
Carly

Quote:
Hello all

-------
Carly, can't wait to see your weight loss this evening
--------------------

I could not sleep last night, and eventually I caved and ate 5 sf chocolates.
Down a pound today, so I'm fine with it. Those were so delicious though.
It gave me enough oomph to get through today.

237!
I think it will be a small loss if any, but I'll surely let you all know in about 4-5 hours.

I'm glad the chocolates gave you the oomph you needed. I am drinking 1/2 a can of SF Rockstar right now. I may have over done it yesterday, but the headache may have had nothing to do with it. I'll wait 30- 45 minutes before drinking more- it's so good.

I'm less fatigued and "fuzzy in the brain" today. Very happy for that. I think I could have taken a much longer walk at lunch if it had not started pouring and become so windy.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #234
Carly

This is TMI so skip if you want.

I have been "backed up" to say the least. I think it has been 4 days now. Any recommendations? I took magnesium, but so far it hasn't helped.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #235
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This is TMI so skip if you want.

I have been "backed up" to say the least. I think it has been 4 days now. Any recommendations? I took magnesium, but so far it hasn't helped.
TMI? with me?
I have only had BM 2 days in the last 9 days. I took magnesium.
You could try miralaxx if you have any, but I don't think this diet makes a lot of waste cause food intake is so low.

117 pounds total
Old 08-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #236
Carly

Quote:
TMI? with me?
I have only had BM 2 days in the last 9 days. I took magnesium.
You could try miralaxx if you have any, but I don't think this diet makes a lot of waste cause food intake is so low.
I wasn't too worried about you Katie, but I don't know everyone else that well.

I have psyllium powder capsules and miracle noodles- both usually do the trick, but not sure if they are allowed...

Old 08-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #237
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Drinking my sf rockstar now too.
After this, I pledge to get 100 oz of water in today!
I kind of have slacked the last two days, I can feel it.

117 pounds total
Old 08-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #238
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I wasn't too worried about you Katie, but I don't know everyone else that well.

I have psyllium powder capsules and miracle noodles- both usually do the trick, but not sure if they are allowed...
I think the consensus on that stuff is that since the diet is so old and it was before a lot of these things existed, as long as its low carb, sugar free, fat free --- or close to that --- it's fine.

Maybe you just haven't generated enough waste to trigger a bm. Do you feel constipated?

117 pounds total
Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #239
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Cheese makes me constipated also dehydration, although magnesium is an important supplement during stillmans it doesn't always work for me, if I am stuck I will try to remember to take my magnesium supplements .
I find drinking my lemon water each morning keeps things balanced it's not stillmans recommended though . I am 51 and I need my vitamin C to help absorb other nutrients , also it's really good for aging skin. I use argan oil to prevent wrinkles . Losing weight is great ! I just want to prevent those unsightly age spots and saggy neck skin.

Today I bought jumbo shrimp and rib eye steaks . I am going to do bacon and eggs for today and cream in my iced coffee .

SF chocolates sound delish. I love ice cream they make low carb Breyers ice cream and I was tempted to add it in my cart as I stared at it and then decided get through week 1 and maybe on week 2
Old 08-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #240
Salamander
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 46
WOE: Stillmans
Hi! I'm having great success on Stillmans! I have his second book, where he talks about 100 different diets. I'm doing it with some added veggies. It is working great. I have lost 5 lbs in the last 8 days. I only have 1 more lb. to lose to get to my goal. I'm a small person and all my extra weight goes to the middle. I'm starting to add what I like to call 'treat meals' in twice a week so my body doesn't get used to such low fat and calories, and to keep me sane.
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote