Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 01:42 PM   #241
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I have been doing Atkins induction for the last month or so and I have only lost 2 lbs after I gained 6. I know I keep saying it but I need to get back on stills it's the only thing that really works for me. Probably because I find ways to cheat at every other plan but with stills protein is protein there is no where to cheat! Lol
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #242
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Hi! I'm having great success on Stillmans! I have his second book, where he talks about 100 different diets. I'm doing it with some added veggies. It is working great. I have lost 5 lbs in the last 8 days. I only have 1 more lb. to lose to get to my goal. I'm a small person and all my extra weight goes to the middle. I'm starting to add what I like to call 'treat meals' in twice a week so my body doesn't get used to such low fat and calories, and to keep me sane.
you're plan is definitely working for you !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:15 PM   #243
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Girl Scouts how dare you come out with new Smore's Cookies it's enough you tempt me with tag alongs!
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #244
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
You know, eating the sf chocolate last night was enough to give the oomph to not hate this diet. LOL
Thinking I will allow myself some at night the next 4 days and see if I still lose.
If I do - then I'm going to keep doing Stillman'ish - but add vegetables & a little cheese. More like Atkins 72 ish, but not so high fat.
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #245
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
I just was invited to my friends house for dinner on Saturday . My friend is a strict vegetarian she is making pasta and salad serving wine .. I want to go and visit . I may just eat some salad and I am very,very tempted by wine !!!! any advise would be greatly appreciated thank you !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #246
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
You know, eating the sf chocolate last night was enough to give the oomph to not hate this diet. LOL
Thinking I will allow myself some at night the next 4 days and see if I still lose.
If I do - then I'm going to keep doing Stillman'ish - but add vegetables & a little cheese. More like Atkins 72 ish, but not so high fat.
Katie, I wish they made wine that was low carb to give me oomph to get through . Enjoy your SF chocolates
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #247
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,824
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Day 1- 8/ 7- 130.6
Day 2- 8/ 8- 128.7
Day 3- 8/ 9- 126.9
Day 4- 8/10- 126.1

- 4.5 pounds in 4 days- I'll take it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I think the consensus on that stuff is that since the diet is so old and it was before a lot of these things existed, as long as its low carb, sugar free, fat free --- or close to that --- it's fine.

Maybe you just haven't generated enough waste to trigger a bm. Do you feel constipated?
I'm starting to feel constipated. It's not bad, but I can imagine that it will catch up with me.
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:34 PM   #248
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Katie, I wish they made wine that was low carb to give me oomph to get through . Enjoy your SF chocolates
Enjoy your night, that's my advise. There is a time to buckle down, and a time to enjoy the social, scenic route.
You can just hop back on the next day. No stress.
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #249
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Enjoy your night, that's my advise. There is a time to buckle down, and a time to enjoy the social, scenic route.
You can just hop back on the next day. No stress.
Thank you Katie it's a good idea . I know when I get to the point on a diet where I feel deprived , I go off the wagon and binge binge !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #250
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Day 1- 8/ 7- 130.6
Day 2- 8/ 8- 128.7
Day 3- 8/ 9- 126.9
Day 4- 8/10- 126.1

- 4.5 pounds in 4 days- I'll take it.




I'm starting to feel constipated. It's not bad, but I can imagine that it will catch up with me.
Take it Carly feel better too ! once your constipation gets sorted out you may find yourself even lighter

Last edited by StillTheOne; 08-10-2016 at 02:58 PM..
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #251
Salamander
Senior LCF Member
 
Salamander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western WA
Posts: 280
Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 46
WOE: Stillmans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Day 1- 8/ 7- 130.6
Day 2- 8/ 8- 128.7
Day 3- 8/ 9- 126.9
Day 4- 8/10- 126.1

- 4.5 pounds in 4 days- I'll take it.




I'm starting to feel constipated. It's not bad, but I can imagine that it will catch up with me.
Awesome progress!!!
I use the 'smooth move' tea if I haven't gone #2 in a couple days. In about 4-6 hours, things do move outta there!
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:18 PM   #252
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Smooth move tea is wonderful.

Still - I don't know where you are in your journey, but I had that issue with binge. I still have to watch myself *constantly*. Once in a great while, I'm ok with a binge...as long as it isn't out of control.
I think the longer a person is at this (weight loss in general), the more self control they learn. That has been my experience anyways...
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #253
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 8,462
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I mix wine with diet cherry 7-up. That'll bring the carbs down, but might be embarrassing in front of a *real* wine drinker.
__________________
Gina
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:58 AM   #254
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Oh makemeslim I am tempted to weigh myself and I made a promise to myself to hold out till Friday . Do you weigh every day ?
No, I use to but it was my downfall. When I got to goal in the past I made the decision not to. It seemed to fall off once I stopped weighing daily. Of course this was BC I wasn't seeing the fluctuations, reacting badly and then caving in. I only have a a fit board and 9 times out of ten the batteries are missing when I try to weigh BC my son takes them for his controllers. It drives me mad! Anyway, I'm pleased to report that I am down a total of 8lbs! I've lost an extra 3 since switching to Stillmans. I will now try to put off jumping on the board for around 5 days or so by which time the batteries will have no doubt disappeared again. I'm sooo happy, I don't want anything to spoil my mood so no weighing for me for now. Fluctuations are natural but I only want to see the numbers go down. I realise a lot of it is water weight at first but I don't care it still feels good and I can feel a definite difference in my jeans.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:33 AM   #255
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
I am glad you are doing just fine makemeslim I hope that by Friday I am in ketosis as well and the stillmans diet won't be an issue going forward .
It's definitely a good trick, getting into ketosis first. When I eat high fat, I try to go for moderate protein but if I'm hungry the first couple of days and feel like caving I just eat until satisfied. How are things your end? I'm gonna look through the recipe thread and remind myself what's there. it's so important for me to keep meals interesting. I will be doing a stir fry type meal with shirataki rice today. I like the rice better than the noodles. They are easier to get down. Although they are not listed in the QWL plan, I take into consideration that it was written at a time when lots of foods were not known or easily available. The macros fit so for ME they are legal. I also have the bonus of knowing the noodles/rice don't upset my weightloss on Stillmans. I can also, now that I'm low fat, drink a fair bit of diet soda (I know unhealthy). I can't do that when I'm high fat as it derails me. These are just little things I've learned about my body through years of dieting. I get we are all different and what works for me might not for another.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:56 AM   #256
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Hello all
What a great group of women here.
Makemeslim- I tried La croix water, and I did not like it. It could have been the flavor I tried, but I thought - "This is what every one is raving about???"
I am always curious about other countries and how they shop for food, whats available, what they eat..etc.
If you tell me you have no such thing as poptarts, I'm afraid I'll be more impressed than I should be. LOL

---
Joybird - that sounds like a reasonable meal. How are you feeling?
-----
Gina, try, try, try again. lol You know the routine.
-------
Carly, can't wait to see your weight loss this evening
--------------------


I could not sleep last night, and eventually I caved and ate 5 sf chocolates.
Down a pound today, so I'm fine with it. Those were so delicious though.
It gave me enough oomph to get through today.

237!
That makes me feel better knowing you didn't rate the La Croix! Yes, pops arts came here a few years back but they got a bad rep for being unhealthy for kids (the market they were aimed at) and I don't personally know anyone who buys them. I just had to check my online supermarket to see if we still have them here... We do so I guess someone's buying them. Congratulations on dropping a pound! Glad you managed to have a treat and still lose.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:34 AM   #257
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,824
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good morning everyone. I slept pretty soundly last night, which is so unusual for me and I could hardly get out of bed this morning. Also very unusual. I almost asked DW to drive me the 1.25 miles to the train station, but didn't have the heart since she doesn't have to wake up till 7am. I normally read for the full 34 minutes on the train into work, but after about 20 minutes I closed my eyes and drift off.

The 1.50 mile walk from Grand Central to my office is normally quick and enjoyable and today I felt like I had to drag a 300lb weight with me. I sipped on some black iced coffee, but I think I'm starting to tank.

If I were to add a couple tablespoons of dairy to my coffee which would be the best- Skim Milk, Whole Milk, Half & Half? We have all 3 here at the office.

Help- I'm crashing and burning....
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:43 AM   #258
olehcat
Major LCF Poster!
 
olehcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,392
Gallery: olehcat
Stats: 185.8/177/110-120
WOE: my plan
Start Date: August 18, 2016
I'm coming out of lurking for a bit to say hi (I won't have access to internet in a few hours for a few days, but am catching up on everything while I have a few hours before my vacation). I am considering doing Stillman's for shortish bursts of time (like for a loss of six pounds at a time before having a "normal" day). I am technically obese so I have a lot to lose, 50-70 pounds. Planning to start when I get back from my vacation in a few days.

I have been following your losses and silently cheering you all on, particularly Carly and Partyof8, who I know from the JUDDD boards, and have been impressed. But I have to say, Carly, your extreme lack of energy is freaking me out a little! My job requires a huge amount of energy (as I'm sure yours does, too!) and I won't be able to afford to be dragging. Do you think you're simply not eating enough calories or is it the low fat part of it? Or maybe low carb flu (since I know you don't restrict carbs usually). Does anyone else here have the same issue of crashing and burning? I know that Stillman's isn't meant to be used long term, but I know some people are able to do it? Carly, do you think it's because you're actually close to goal weight?

By the way, I love LaCroix! I buy cartons of it and keep it at work!
__________________
This is my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journey.html
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:44 AM   #259
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

If I were to add a couple tablespoons of dairy to my coffee which would be the best- Skim Milk, Whole Milk, Half & Half? We have all 3 here at the office.

Help- I'm crashing and burning....
I would add half& half! Skim milk has too many carbs and whole has too much fat for Stillman's.

Hurry--drink your coffee!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:22 AM   #260
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 8,462
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
This seems crazy to me. I am down 4.4 lbs in the two days I have not-quite-followed Stillman's. I am at the bottom of my current bounce range and the last time I saw this weight was at the end of a 36 hour fast. If I get below this I will truly be impressed.

Carly, that dragging seems awful. You don't normally eat LC, maybe it is the "carb flu" you always hear people talk about.
__________________
Gina
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #261
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,542
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I am not on plan and I have no idea when I will be. I am not binge eating, doing low carb and just mostly watching calories. My ankle is really bothering me, causing me to have limited sleep. Physically and mentally not prepared to do Stillmans. Hopefully soon!

I just wanted to come in and check in on you all.

olehcat I rarely have a low energy problem. If anything, once I am in ketosis, I have too much!
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:34 AM   #262
coffeepot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 59
Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 153/135/135
I apologize for not writing and congratulating all of you that are doing so well. I have been exhausted and fighting to stay on plan. I have stayed on plan except for a small salad last night. After staying the same weight for 4 days, I finally lost 1 lb today. I am just so tired and my determination is flagging.

I really want to lose the weight, but I dread going through this exhaustion and then I worry what happens when/if I lose weight. Do I gain it right back as I always do? I mean I just can't continue to eat this way indefinitely--and I worry about messing up my metabolism by going too low calorie for too long. I guess that's the real benefit of JUDD, right? And while it didn't work for me, I wonder if I tried it long enough...

Weight loss is good--9 lbs since 8/1--but my low energy affects my mind and makes me question everything. Whatever, I'm still determined to stay the course until next Monday which will be 2 weeks. I may stay the month.

I was reading through a few of my Stillman's books yesterday. He claims different rates of weight loss in different parts of the books, but generally 7 lbs the first week and 3 or 5 every week thereafter. I think I'll be more 2 to 3, but that's better than nothing!

I am also finding it hard to sleep. And the East Coast humidity/heat is a factor--so maybe it's not the diet, but just life. I would love some energy.

So I am trying to think that it's not the diet, but the lack of sleep plus weather. And that I'm one good night's sleep from feeling great.

Good luck to all. I believe the diet works!
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #263
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,824
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
I'm coming out of lurking for a bit to say hi (I won't have access to internet in a few hours for a few days, but am catching up on everything while I have a few hours before my vacation). I am considering doing Stillman's for shortish bursts of time (like for a loss of six pounds at a time before having a "normal" day). I am technically obese so I have a lot to lose, 50-70 pounds. Planning to start when I get back from my vacation in a few days.

I have been following your losses and silently cheering you all on, particularly Carly and Partyof8, who I know from the JUDDD boards, and have been impressed. But I have to say, Carly, your extreme lack of energy is freaking me out a little! My job requires a huge amount of energy (as I'm sure yours does, too!) and I won't be able to afford to be dragging. Do you think you're simply not eating enough calories or is it the low fat part of it? Or maybe low carb flu (since I know you don't restrict carbs usually). Does anyone else here have the same issue of crashing and burning? I know that Stillman's isn't meant to be used long term, but I know some people are able to do it? Carly, do you think it's because you're actually close to goal weight?
The energy issue has been my only complaint. My hunger has been practically non-existent. Not sure if that is ketosis or the fact that I just can't enjoy the food at this point.

It has made working very challenging and luckily this has been a light week. If this week had been it's normal, demanding, pace I probably would have bailed on day 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
I would add half& half! Skim milk has too many carbs and whole has too much fat for Stillman's.

Hurry--drink your coffee!
I had a 10oz cup with a TBS of half and half. I feel much better, but think I'd feel even better if I had another cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
This seems crazy to me. I am down 4.4 lbs in the two days I have not-quite-followed Stillman's. I am at the bottom of my current bounce range and the last time I saw this weight was at the end of a 36 hour fast. If I get below this I will truly be impressed.

Carly, that dragging seems awful. You don't normally eat LC, maybe it is the "carb flu" you always hear people talk about.
I don't normally eat low carb, but I go into ketosis frequently on DDs and into the next UD since I only eat OMAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am not on plan and I have no idea when I will be. I am not binge eating, doing low carb and just mostly watching calories. My ankle is really bothering me, causing me to have limited sleep. Physically and mentally not prepared to do Stillmans. Hopefully soon!

I just wanted to come in and check in on you all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepot View Post
I apologize for not writing and congratulating all of you that are doing so well. I have been exhausted and fighting to stay on plan. I have stayed on plan except for a small salad last night. After staying the same weight for 4 days, I finally lost 1 lb today. I am just so tired and my determination is flagging.

I really want to lose the weight, but I dread going through this exhaustion and then I worry what happens when/if I lose weight. Do I gain it right back as I always do? I mean I just can't continue to eat this way indefinitely--and I worry about messing up my metabolism by going too low calorie for too long. I guess that's the real benefit of JUDD, right? And while it didn't work for me, I wonder if I tried it long enough...

Weight loss is good--9 lbs since 8/1--but my low energy affects my mind and makes me question everything. Whatever, I'm still determined to stay the course until next Monday which will be 2 weeks. I may stay the month.

I was reading through a few of my Stillman's books yesterday. He claims different rates of weight loss in different parts of the books, but generally 7 lbs the first week and 3 or 5 every week thereafter. I think I'll be more 2 to 3, but that's better than nothing!

I am also finding it hard to sleep. And the East Coast humidity/heat is a factor--so maybe it's not the diet, but just life. I would love some energy.

So I am trying to think that it's not the diet, but the lack of sleep plus weather. And that I'm one good night's sleep from feeling great.

Good luck to all. I believe the diet works!
I've slept better than usual, but my energy is sapped and I'm not all bothered by heat, so I can't blame it on heat and humidity.
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #264
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I am not on plan and I have no idea when I will be. I am not binge eating, doing low carb and just mostly watching calories. My ankle is really bothering me, causing me to have limited sleep. Physically and mentally not prepared to do Stillmans. Hopefully soon!

I just wanted to come in and check in on you all.

olehcat I rarely have a low energy problem. If anything, once I am in ketosis, I have too much!
We have all been there. I hope your ankle heals up well
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #265
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
It's definitely a good trick, getting into ketosis first. When I eat high fat, I try to go for moderate protein but if I'm hungry the first couple of days and feel like caving I just eat until satisfied. How are things your end? I'm gonna look through the recipe thread and remind myself what's there. it's so important for me to keep meals interesting. I will be doing a stir fry type meal with shirataki rice today. I like the rice better than the noodles. They are easier to get down. Although they are not listed in the QWL plan, I take into consideration that it was written at a time when lots of foods were not known or easily available. The macros fit so for ME they are legal. I also have the bonus of knowing the noodles/rice don't upset my weightloss on Stillmans. I can also, now that I'm low fat, drink a fair bit of diet soda (I know unhealthy). I can't do that when I'm high fat as it derails me. These are just little things I've learned about my body through years of dieting. I get we are all different and what works for me might not for another.
I have shiritake noodles too. I have never seen the rice here but I am going to look for it next time I have a stir fry. They help me stay on plan when I feel like I really need something that's not meat!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #266
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,824
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I had miracle noodles last night with my fish. I needed something to help "move things along". They helped. I'll see what the scale says tonight, but with the 2 TBS of half and half- who knows...
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #267
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Just a self centered post really quick before I go back and quote:
I cheated last night
Well, technically this morning. I cleaned a little, and went to bed at 2am. Both the boys decided to wake up and stay awake until 4:30am. I was so tired. so so tired.
I ended up eating a banana and tb of peanut butter cause I couldn't keep my eyes open.
Half asleep eating gets me every time!!

Today I'm still 237..so hoping it didnt throw me out of ketosis too bad.
Back on it today!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #268
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Just a self centered post really quick before I go back and quote:
I cheated last night
Well, technically this morning. I cleaned a little, and went to bed at 2am. Both the boys decided to wake up and stay awake until 4:30am. I was so tired. so so tired.
I ended up eating a banana and tb of peanut butter cause I couldn't keep my eyes open.
Half asleep eating gets me every time!!

Today I'm still 237..so hoping it didnt throw me out of ketosis too bad.
Back on it today!
That's not such a bad cheat. It's not stills and hopefully it doesn't get you out of ketosis but really that's what a person on a lot of other diets would eat as a healthy snack. You could have done worse!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #269
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Partyof8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Beachy
Posts: 3,177
Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That's not such a bad cheat. It's not stills and hopefully it doesn't get you out of ketosis but really that's what a person on a lot of other diets would eat as a healthy snack. You could have done worse!
Thank you Mar, for the encouragement. I'm back on the wagon today. I've learned time after time there is no sense beating yourself up for 'cheating', but I do feel a little disappointed in myself.
Day 11 here we go!
__________________
Katie ~ If not now, when?

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #270
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 11,824
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Just a self centered post really quick before I go back and quote:
I cheated last night
Well, technically this morning. I cleaned a little, and went to bed at 2am. Both the boys decided to wake up and stay awake until 4:30am. I was so tired. so so tired.
I ended up eating a banana and tb of peanut butter cause I couldn't keep my eyes open.
Half asleep eating gets me every time!!

Today I'm still 237..so hoping it didnt throw me out of ketosis too bad.
Back on it today!
don't feel badly! Exhaustion is the WORST!!! I have had 3T of half and half today with coffee. I was feeling down right awful and needed to survive work.

I'm going to go home this evening weigh in and then eat a regular DD meal tonight (lots of lettuce!!!!) and have a much needed UD tomorrow.

This diet is NOT for the faint of heart and I consider myself to be one who can stick to a rigid diet if need be, but to feel this weak and exhausted is way more than I can handle or want to handle.

I have to assume my body is sending me a strong message that it's time to go back to a well rounded food plan at this point.

I will definitely keep this as a tool in my bag of tricks, but at this time I need to get some fat and carbs back into my diet.
__________________
Carly
JUDDD changed my life. It transformed my health, gave me freedom and restored my confidence.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.