Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2016, 01:57 AM   #1
Sanja
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sanja
Stats: 167.5/167.5/120
WOE: QWL
Start Date: Restart date - 07.20.2015
Starting Stillman QWL, need some answers

Hello everybody,

I'm starting Stillman QWL today. I've done QWL last summer for 14 days and I couldn't do it anymore. I don't know if you remember me, but I was on these boards then. Well, the situation is different now and I am determined to succeed because it's very important for me to lose as much weight as possible by 10th September - my wedding day

Now, I've started my latest weight loss journey March 15th. I started exercising 4 days a week, 2 zumba and 2 aerobic classes. Now I workout 6 days a week, added 2 days of strength training. I ate everything just really watched my calorie intake closely and ate on average 1200 calories a day.
I was 165 pounds when I started and managed to lose 20 pounds in three months. I was happy with the progress, especially because I never felt like dieting and never restricted myself. But in the last month and half I hit a plateau and I haven't lost a pound. I want to be 130 pounds on the day of my wedding, so I still have 15 pounds to lose, and only a month to do it.
I know that I can do that with Stillman's, but there is a slight problem - I have a wedding to go to a week before my wedding, and 2 bachelorette parties, one of which is mine.
The wedding is easy, I can do an Atkins day. But the bachelorette parties, especially mine, I really want to drink alcohol They are organazing my party to have cocktails and all kinds of shots, both of which are loaded with sugars. And I don't know what one day off plan can do to my progress.

So I have some questions for those more experienced in Stillman's QWL: How much did you gain when you fell of the wagon for a day and how long it took you to lose it again?

Also, what will I do on my honeymoon Stillman's is not a long term plan for me, but what can I do to make the transition to regular eating run smoothly? We are going on our honeymoon a day after the wedding, so I won't have time to adjust myself properly and I'm afraid that I'll gain everything back

Week 1 (167.5 - 160.9) -6.6 lbs

Restart date: 08/05/2016

Starting weight: 145 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs

Last edited by Sanja; 08-05-2016 at 01:58 AM..
Sanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2016, 02:24 AM   #2
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Congratulations on the Wedding day, Sanja!!
So close!

I am brand new to the diet (only on day 5), but I have done quite a bit of reading from people who have done this diet long term/short term/with cheats.

From what I keep hearing & reading - losing 15 pounds in a month is no problem at all if you don't cheat.
Every time a person has cheated it has set them back about two days of no losing or small losses before it appears it picks back up on the third.

I say stick to it as hard as you can, take the parties off (but remember to drink your water those days), and I bet you'll make it!!
Cheering for you

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:27 AM   #3
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Another thing I have read so far is that on the day they decide to go off, they recommend you start by incorporating vegetables/fruit/some fat over the course of a few days to avoid gastrointestinal issues.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 AM   #4
Sanja
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sanja
Stats: 167.5/167.5/120
WOE: QWL
Start Date: Restart date - 07.20.2015
Thank you so much for the encouragement Partyof8!
So, I guess it's better to finish Stillman's a few days before the wedding, so that I can start the transition with veggies/fruits. Thank you for this advise, my plan was to start eating on the day of the wedding

Week 1 (167.5 - 160.9) -6.6 lbs

Restart date: 08/05/2016

Starting weight: 145 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs
Sanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:12 AM   #5
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanja View Post
I'm starting Stillman QWL today. I've done QWL last summer for 14 days and I couldn't do it anymore.
Hi, Sanja! 14 days is a LONG time to do strict Stillman, so I think you did great. It's just not a diet that anyone can stay on long term. I was very successful at it but still had weekends or even weeks off here and there. There's just no other way. Two weeks at a time is a worthy goal.

Quote:
I am determined to succeed because it's very important for me to lose as much weight as possible by 10th September - my wedding day
Congratulations!

Quote:
But the bachelorette parties, especially mine, I really want to drink alcohol They are organazing my party to have cocktails and all kinds of shots, both of which are loaded with sugars. And I don't know what one day off plan can do to my progress.
Alcohol and Stillman is kind of a your-mileage-may-vary thing. I drink a bit, a few times a week when I'm off Stillman and maybe once a week at most when I'm on (one or two ounces of straight Scotch or vodka mixed with diet soda). I don't drink much at one time 'cause I just don't enjoy getting drunk, on or off Stillman. Here's what I've found: Be very careful with alcohol when you've been on Stillman, especially anything with sugar or carbs (and that includes beer). Even hard liquor like Scotch or vodka, with no sugar, will hit you like a ton of bricks. Drinks with sugar will knock you on your butt! Seriously, drink about a third as much as you might normally, and take it slow.

Quote:
So I have some questions for those more experienced in Stillman's QWL: How much did you gain when you fell of the wagon for a day and how long it took you to lose it again?
I think one of the things that helped me lose a lot on Stillman was that I knew there would be days when i'd go off plan, I accepted it, I planned that they would happen, and I planned to go right back on. For me, I found that often a cheat day would be followed by an obvious whoosh -- and I don't weigh, so for a whoosh to be obvious, it has to be pretty big. An off day "resets" your body out of starvation mode. I would caution you to go relatively easy on the sugar, though. It's very very hard to start Stillman again the morning after a sugar binge (not to mention the bloating).

Quote:
Also, what will I do on my honeymoon Stillman's is not a long term plan for me, but what can I do to make the transition to regular eating run smoothly? We are going on our honeymoon a day after the wedding, so I won't have time to adjust myself properly and I'm afraid that I'll gain everything back
IMO, it's your honeymoon, girl! It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Enjoy yourself! You don't need to taper anything. For me, I've never needed to "transition" back to regular eating, or back into Stillman. I've done strict Stillman's to regular eating and back again dozens of times with no problems.

Bear in mind that my regular eating style is pretty "normal," without major binges on boxes of donuts or any enormous, crazy splurges. If yours is too, I wouldn't think you need any tapering on or off Stillman.

Best of luck on Stillman, your wedding, and your future as a married woman!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote