Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #61
julieboolie
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/169/158-163lbs
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Lisa-I hear you on the pet driven sleep deprivation! We have a boomerang dog back with us now and trying to find him another new home. He's sweet, but not a 3rd dog! Lots of fighting in the ranks! Hope the laundry room was far enough away.

Izzy-yes, I remember you and our hcg days. Shari and Deb have done hcg too, and we're all still working it. I just don't know many people who have stuck their losses. It was nice to see how low I could get, but not sure I'd be able to maintain that low. I'm wiliing to try should I ever get there again!

Tracey-they've been good to me the past few years, hope they fuel you. Not sure how much you've lifted, but don't be too worried if the scale goes up. It'll settle back down. You're doing good things!

I need to get to the gym today, it'll likely be tonight at this point, or tomorrow morning. Busy!

I Had a brain MRI with and without contrast yesterday and my first mammogram. Glad that's over, odd experiences all around. Gave up my workout for that 1.5 hour experience but I'm doing what the dr ordered, and being a good patient/mom .

I'm back up a lb today, no biggie. Ate more and didn't pay much attention to hunger. Made LC custard and it was so good! I just ate it for the yumminess and not for hunger. And then pizza chicken was good too! And I made creamy sw taco soup too, so too much yummy LC food on hand. I will freeze some soup for next week and limit my options a bit.

I'm babysitting the 2 littles today and will be running interference with our boomerang grouchy dog! Planning an outing .

Come visit me in my journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=888635
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 07:59 AM   #62
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I Had a brain MRI with and without contrast yesterday and my first mammogram. Glad that's over, odd experiences all around. Gave up my workout for that 1.5 hour experience but I'm doing what the dr ordered, and being a good patient/mom .
Hi Julie, may I ask what the brain MRI was for? I found out I had a brain aneurysm behind my right eye in March. Somehow it's important to me to get back to the pre aneurysm weight of 183. I'm losing my "fear" fat now. Instead of dealing with it properly I binged the fear away (right, binging just makes you fat, the feelings are still buried in it) LOL
Izzysdream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #63
julieboolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Hi Julie, may I ask what the brain MRI was for? I found out I had a brain aneurysm behind my right eye in March. Somehow it's important to me to get back to the pre aneurysm weight of 183. I'm losing my "fear" fat now. Instead of dealing with it properly I binged the fear away (right, binging just makes you fat, the feelings are still buried in it) LOL
I'm so sorry! What are they doing for the aneurysm? Surgery? Scary! good for you tackling the weight! I'm an emotional eater, so I sympathize!

Mine was focused on the pituitary gland. My TSH, T3 and T4 were all really low on my last blood test, and antibodies were present. So I'm diagnosed with Hashimoto's, but they are worried that the TSH is so low it indicated a problem with the pituitary gland. I doubt it's the case, but trying to be a good patient .

Old 08-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #64
julieboolie

Hey girls!! hope you're being strong over the weekend! I got to lift this morning and feeling good. Having a good weekend, the fam is doing well and our boomerang dog is settling back down. Holding steady at 164, and eating to hunger, more or less .

Hope you're all doing well!

Old 08-13-2016, 06:03 PM   #65
esmeralda
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: esmeralda
Stats: 206/172/145
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2016
Hey everyone. I'm probably not going to keep on this thread. I have a lot going on time wise and I only have time for one thread, so I'm going to keep a journal. Thanks all for the support and good luck to everyone!
Weight:206/172/145
Size: 18/14/10
esmeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:29 AM   #66
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/187/169-mini goal
WOE: low carb-Atkins '72
Start Date: restart- 8/9/16
Esmeralda~ will miss you but totally understand. You have a lot on your plate right now. I'll try to stop by your journal to see how you're doing and offer support there. Still want to see you model in one of your creations.

Izzy~ yes, I was huge into hhcg when it was very popular around here years ago. Yes, it helped me to get to my lowest weight, but like you and Julie said it never stuck long term. Yikes, that's scary about your diagnosis...I would've binged eaten too!! Hopefully you're on the mend now.

Julie~ what's the deal with boomerang dog coming back a 3rd time? I hope you're able to rehome him with a loving family and he's able to stay. What a change he and you all have to keep going through each time this happens. Congrats on holding steady!

hope everyone else is doing well too
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:33 AM   #67
shari
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed yesterday morning, down 2.6 lbs. Not bad considering I'd eaten a bunch crab legs the night before that was heavily seasoned. I'm sure I retained water weight, but was glad to see the scale is going down. I've been not eating under 20 carbs the last couple of days. I'm going to really focus on eating Induction style; this really helps to eliminate any cravings and reduces the chance of me eating too much.

ETA: Oh and G threw in the towel Friday when he was faced with cake temptation and ate it. He's saying he's going back to low carb, but I realize I have to stay firmly on my ground of no cheats despite him eating different food. Julie and Deb knows this but I'll add background info for others: we moved in together just this past May; before this it was just my sons (13 and 15) and I so I was able to better control the food brought into my house. Since the move, it's been a real adjustment eating wise because I'd do good eating lc during the day, but would end up eating stuff (definitely non low carb) he'd get from the grocery store and/or cook for dinner. That's one reason why I need additional support through this adjustment because I gain too easily (also am dx with hypothyroid after removal of my thyroid gland last September) and I can not go back to my pre-Atkins' weight of 252. I see the pattern of gaining each year and it gets harder every year to lose weight as I get older...

Last edited by shari; 08-14-2016 at 06:43 AM..
Old 08-14-2016, 06:21 PM   #68
julieboolie

Shari-great job! you're doing great!! It's hard with so much temptation around and going it alone! I hear that! But you're motivate and you've got us rooting you on! We can do it! This is our year. No shortcuts, no quick fixes, no regaining...just doing the work and getting the slow and steady losses!

I was up a few lbs today . I'll be back down, I'm sure. Hungrier today too. Wonder if the workouts are the thing? I may drop carbs to short for ketosis, but we'll see . Not a sprint, settling in for the marathon!

Old 08-15-2016, 05:00 AM   #69
shari
Major LCF Poster!

We can do it! This is our year. No shortcuts, no quick fixes, no regaining...just doing the work and getting the slow and steady losses!

I love this, thanks Julie! Yes, you'll be back down.

I'm happy to say that I stayed on plan this weekend, despite all the other stuff surrounding me. I have to remember how well I feel now vs. when carbed up. Slow and steady, one day at a time.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #70
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Good Morning! Busy week planned. Will be in and out posting wise. Staying on program, all is good!

RESTART 8/8 - 228
8/11- 222
8/12- 221
8/15/2016 - 220

Today's Meals
pizza omelette (eggs with pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, olives)
Brisket and smoked sausage
top of pizza.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #71
Deb294evr
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
ACK! I can't keep up.....

I will just add that I am actually doing very well!!!! I dropped my carbs to below 30 and I feel better this way. Finally losing again! Not much but around 3 pounds.

Congrats Shari!! So I am sorry G threw in the towel already.. sounds familiar.... Just keep on doing what works.

Julie, you have a great attitude!! I found when I am swimming alot, I am just hungrier..... grrrr... so I am sure you will get back down also!

Kimmiejean.... Wow fantastic first few days loss!! Rockstar!!!

Getting ready for my trip to Seattle to visit my son this week but I am determined to stay clean eating.. There are way too many choices on LC that I don't need to go off of it........ excited!!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #72
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies, I"ll copy from another thread since I'm at work and not at break. LOL

I didn't really lose much today despite being on plan. It matters, but it really doesn't, I feel so much better eating this way. I had a big blowout with my 85 y/o Dad yesterday (me on the receiving end) and I normally would have eaten over it big time. Miraculously, it wasn't even a thought! I'm really grateful today.
I do think I will hold off on weighing. Maybe once a month from here on out....
Old 08-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #73
julieboolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejean View Post
Good Morning! Busy week planned. Will be in and out posting wise. Staying on program, all is good!

RESTART 8/8 - 228
8/11- 222
8/12- 221
8/15/2016 - 220

Today's Meals
pizza omelette (eggs with pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, olives)
Brisket and smoked sausage
top of pizza.
That's -8 in one week!! woohoo! Good for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
We can do it! This is our year. No shortcuts, no quick fixes, no regaining...just doing the work and getting the slow and steady losses!

I love this, thanks Julie! Yes, you'll be back down.

I'm happy to say that I stayed on plan this weekend, despite all the other stuff surrounding me. I have to remember how well I feel now vs. when carbed up. Slow and steady, one day at a time.
Yes!! I need to remind myself of this over and over, but it's worth remembering! Good for you! The weekends are so hard! As I'm getting older I'm not as into skinny as I am into fit and strong...working on changing a lifelong paradigm is hard! But so good! And I agree, I feel better LC. KUTGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
ACK! I can't keep up.....

I will just add that I am actually doing very well!!!! I dropped my carbs to below 30 and I feel better this way. Finally losing again! Not much but around 3 pounds.

Congrats Shari!! So I am sorry G threw in the towel already.. sounds familiar.... Just keep on doing what works.

Julie, you have a great attitude!! I found when I am swimming alot, I am just hungrier..... grrrr... so I am sure you will get back down also!

Kimmiejean.... Wow fantastic first few days loss!! Rockstar!!!

Getting ready for my trip to Seattle to visit my son this week but I am determined to stay clean eating.. There are way too many choices on LC that I don't need to go off of it........ excited!!
I'm with you, dropping carbs and hoping for better appetite suppression this week. -3 is great! Good job Deb! Have an amazing trip!! Enjoy it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Hi ladies, I"ll copy from another thread since I'm at work and not at break. LOL

I didn't really lose much today despite being on plan. It matters, but it really doesn't, I feel so much better eating this way. I had a big blowout with my 85 y/o Dad yesterday (me on the receiving end) and I normally would have eaten over it big time. Miraculously, it wasn't even a thought! I'm really grateful today.
I do think I will hold off on weighing. Maybe once a month from here on out....
on the blowout, but on not emotionally eating! Woohoo! Focusing in on feeling better is so wise, as is weighing less often. I'll probably never give up the scale, even though I know it's mean . I'll eventually move to weighing less often. KUTGW!

Busy day and week ahead with lots of volleyball for my dds and school stuff. I lifted this morning and it was great! I need to focus on this feeling and keeping it going! Up 1.6 today but I know the honey roasted peanuts I ate at 9:00 last night likely contributed to that . Back to clean LC today.

Take care all and we can do it! One day at a time. Today we will stick to plan and get it done!

Old 08-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #74
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Re-start 07/25/2016
Quick fly-by today ladies.... Mocha latte shake for breakfast and a Thai shrimp salad for late lunch/ early supper. Very yummy but oh my was it SPICY!!! New low on the scale today. Life is good

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

198 197 196 194 193 192 191 190...
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #75
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Quote:
That's -8 in one week!! woohoo! Good for you!!
My first week I always lose like crazy! As long as I stay away from Alcohol, which I have! I've had a couple of low carb beers, but it's the wine that gets me! LOL
I have wine and I want crackers (Give a mouse a cookie.....)

I know it's eight pounds, but I just started "feeling" it today. Does that make sense? I feel better in my clothes and I'm hoping for smaller sizes soon.

I just feel it's "different" this go around. I think that trying on clothes at my highest weight kicked me in the rear. That's what I think about when I want something with sugar.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #76
julieboolie

Lisa-that sounds yummy!

Kimmie-yes! I get that! Glad you're feeling it! Good idea, I need to go out on my skinny jeans and feel good and j comfortable! Good motivation!

I lifted well yesterday, but the scale is up today (166.7) despite LC and lowish cal . Hope it's the lifting, but discouraging. Still waiting to see the endocrinologist for thyroid meds. I dearly hope good meds will help me feel better and start losing!

Gotta run, take care all!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #77
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the loss, Kimmie!!! And I love when I "feel" lighter. KUTGW

Julie~sorry that your scale isn't cooperating but just keep reminding yourself that you are taking the steps necessary to get healthy. I know easier said than done... Good things are happening inside and too often we get hung up on those darn scale numbers when they don't tell the whole story. Keep doing what ur doing and you WILL get the payoff Now when my scale isn't my friend and I am growling, feel free to refer me to this post

My scale went down enough to claim another pound in my siggie. Drinking my morning shake. Gotta take one of my other rescue kitties to the vet this afternoon. He's not well

Waving hi to all you other FAB ladies and wishing you well

TTYS

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #78
julieboolie

Thanks Lisa!! I'm trying to keep it all in perspective . Good things, scale isn't everything...but I'm so conditioned to expect a reward for sacrifice. I need to change my mindset.
Hope you kitty is ok! Congrats on the drop! Woohoo!

Old 08-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #79
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Julie❤️

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #80
shari
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies,

Poking in here late because I woke up late, been running every since

Lisa~ Thai shrimp salad, yummy! I love spicy food Congrats on the scale drop! I Love your post about the scale; it's very true, I need to remember this as well. I hope your kittie feels better, you're a trooper for what you do.

Julie~ I too hope you're able to get on the correct meds, it makes a tremendous difference. Yup, put on your skinny jeans and call the scale a liar because the lifting is probably contributing to that number as well. I remember you saying that you're wearing the same size clothes as you did when you were weighed less doing hhcg, that says something.

Kimmie~congrats on such a wonderful drop this week! I totally get what you're saying about 'feeling it'. It's great that it feels different this time that's what will help you to continue on. You're determined!

Deb~ Safe travels. Nice plan and fortunately low carb is probably one of the easiest plans to follow on the road...just gotta not stare too long at the other types of food.

I didn't weigh today because I didn't sleep well last night and ate late again too. I didn't feel today's weight would be accurate. In addition, I think I don't want to feel discouraged if it didn't show a nice drop after a week because except for the last time I did this, I don't lose very fast doing eating this way anymore. However, I feel best doing it.

Last edited by shari; 08-16-2016 at 05:13 PM..
Old 08-17-2016, 07:19 AM   #81
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies! Groggy this morning, went to a movie last night and didn't unwind until 1:00 am!
Kimmee - congrats on the 8 pounds and the motivation!
Lisa - hope Kitty is better today, what was wrong?
Julie - I'm with you on the reward/sacrifice concept. I let the scale dictate my feelings. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh until Sept 1st, but I've been hopping on. It's a pound lower (luckily)
Shari, smart staying off the scale, I remind myself that it is a journey, not a destination.
Ahhh, hope I can start to wake up here at work! LOL
Old 08-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #82
julieboolie

Shari-you're a wise woman. The scale definitely doesn't tell the whole story! I'm looking forward to getting on good meds soon, seeing the endocrinologist in a few weeks.

Izzy-you're doing well! Nice drop! Hope you're awake and functioning today! 1am is way too late for me! I'm a morning person, in bed by 10 if I can!

I'm holding steady mid 160's. Not scale progress, but back in the gym more consistently. I'm getting back to a better mindset and caring less about the scale. I'm lifting, eating healthy and feeling ok, so I'm not gonna weigh as often, . That's hard for me! I'm also not staying LC, I'd like to cycle cals and carbs a bit and focus on my workouts more than my weight. I know this, but forget while chasing a number on the scale. Weight loss does not equal fat loss, and I really want fat loss!

Old 08-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #83
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much, Shari n Izzy❤️

Great mindset, Julie

No word on Butterscotch's blood results yet. Waiting is so difficult. We are suspecting chronic renal failure and I lost my old girl Pretty Kitty to this very thing back in Jan. Another of my older guys Rusty just a few months later. All my kitties that were rescued so long ago when I worked at the animal shelter are falling apart at the same time Heartbreaking, ya know?!

Teeny bright spot...my scale is still inching down 213.6 this morning.

Have a lovely afternoon all. TTYS!

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-18-2016, 05:03 AM   #84
shari
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry Lisa Congrats on the scale moving downward!!

Julie~ great, positive outlook! Hoping the carb cycling does the trick for you especially since you're weight lifting.

Izzy~ congrats on the loss! I too have told myself I'd only weigh once a month, and couldn't stay off that long. Hope you were able to rest and recover last night.

Kimmie and Deb!

Well I was right to stay off the scale because TOM showed up unexpectedly yesterday at work. I always gain at least 2-3lbs during this time. I have an app to use so I can be pre-warned, don't know why I didn't pay attention to it this month. All's well otherwise; the issue at work has been resolved as the client I had issues with is no longer on my caseload.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #85
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies! I'm still chasing the sleep! LOL. Where I moved on August 1st is horrible for traffic noise which vibrates up to my bedroom more than the first floor. Wish I would have known this before I moved. I need a new mattress also, mine is 10 years old and I think this move push it over the edge. I wake up really sore. I just spent 1100.00 on bedroom furniture so it'll have to wait. I need to get back to the gym and make some muscle like Julie!
Julie - do those scales that track %fat very accurate? Maybe you could use that..but of course it's a scale and you're going to see that number also. I've known women that have gained weight but gone down sizes because of the weight of muscle.
Lisa - you are such a wonderful person to adopt sick kitties and love them as long as possible!
Shari, good thing with staying off the scale and thank god you don't have to deal with that client anymore! Woohoo. What do you do?

Still holding steady at 196. I have NO MUSCLE to worry about. I did the health fair at Sams Club and my % fat is 46%!! Holy Fat Cows! It's accurate I've been lying around for a year with Achilles Tendonitis and Plantar Fasicitis after work on the couch eating and watching tv. At least I'm more active now since the move. I need to start lift some weights again though.

Last edited by Izzysdream; 08-18-2016 at 07:27 AM..
Old 08-18-2016, 07:48 AM   #86
julieboolie

Izzy-those scales aren't very accurate. They mostly measure water in your body, and are pretty far off from the real body fat #. But, what they do well is measure a trend. They're not accurate, but the trend is. Did that make sense? Like if it says 40%, that may be off, but if in a few weeks it drops down to 37%, the decline is reliable. LC changes the numers dramatically, and not in a good way
So, not sure how they measured you, but the only reliable methods are dexa scan, bod pod, and multi point calipers. I have calipers, but only measure one spot and need to update that.
That said, weight lifting rocks!!! After a lifetime of obesity and trying everything imaginable, weight training is the most impactful thing to my shape (after losing 120lbs ). So I say go for it!!

Lisa- on Butterscotch, . We lost our Bella so quickly a year and a half ago through kidney failure. She hid it well from us and went downhill really fast. So sad so sorry!

Shari-I need an app to warn me! But mine is more unpredictable lately . Hope when tom leaves he takes some lbs with him! and yay! So glad you don't have to deal with that client any longer!! .

I'm doing well. Added more carbs back the past few days and holding steady at 166 this morning. That's a relief. Never got to the gym yesterday, but going today. I just feel better when I'm lifting, I carry myself better, am more aware of things, and I think I even look better. I know Fall will be here eventually, and with it, jeans. They're the best accountability I have, scale or no scale. I just can't fake it in skinny jeans! Muffin top is the tell tale sign. I need to go try some in and see how it is going, really. If it's quiet and cool enough this afternoon I'll do that. Laundry needs to be finished too, so that'll be my plan today .

Old 08-18-2016, 08:07 AM   #87
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
IThey're the best accountability I have, scale or no scale. I just can't fake it in skinny jeans! Muffin top is the tell tale sign. I need to go try some in and see how it is going, really. If it's quiet and cool enough this afternoon I'll do that. Laundry needs to be finished too, so that'll be my plan today .
Yes! Let the Skinny Jeans be your scale!
Old 08-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #88
scrappychik
Senior LCF Member

Spending the day with Butterscotch. It will be his last Vet says bloodworknumbers are very high and he is definitely in kidney failure. We don't want to be aggressive with treatment. He has had a good long life and it is time to say goodbye. Please pray for our family as we go through this very difficult time. Thanks, friends❤️

223 re-start
1st mini goal 199 3/28

Old 08-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #89
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Spending the day with Butterscotch. It will be his last Vet says bloodworknumbers are very high and he is definitely in kidney failure. We don't want to be aggressive with treatment. He has had a good long life and it is time to say goodbye. Please pray for our family as we go through this very difficult time. Thanks, friends❤️
So sorry Lisa
Old 08-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #90
julieboolie

Lisa- so sorry! Praying for you.