Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #271
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
I'm back. I've been trying to JUDDD & omad..keep blowing it. already ate a TB of pb this morning so blew Stills too. *sigh*
Just ate a chicken breast and 2 hb eggs.
I just enjoy the reset my body gets from Stillmans. The trick is this time to transition out, not stop & go off the rails.

I'm just kind of floating right now. So busy and not really able to hyper focus on diet.
Todays plan is to just eat protein (chicken and eggs!) and if the inevitable munchies hit - I will have some fat bombs planned.

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #272
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
That's awesome, we get up to Duluth pretty frequently as my DH's family is still up there. It usually takes us about 3 hours. We moved down about 30 mins south of the Twin Cities in 2012 and are really loving the extended seasons. Your mom is at UMD? DH went there too. Ph.D, very impressive!
I think that's where she is. She had been in school my whole life I don't know what she will do once she's done her phd.. Maybe retire lol?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #273
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
^ I found that recipe on a low carb recipe forum and I made it and liked it enough to make it again .
I am definitly trying that! It sounds delicious!

I made chicken with Boursin and bacon for breakfast not stills but still low carb so clearly I am ok not having stills stuff sometimes, my main goal is to stay low carb so If I over do the cheese or have bacon sometimes o don't beat myself up.

Last edited by Mar922; 09-18-2016 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-18-2016, 12:33 PM   #274
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
I'm back. I've been trying to JUDDD & omad..keep blowing it. already ate a TB of pb this morning so blew Stills too. *sigh*
I just enjoy the reset my body gets from Stillmans. The trick is this time to transition out, not stop & go off the rails.

I'm just kind of floating right now. So busy and not really able to hyper focus on diet.
Todays plan is to just eat protein (chicken and eggs!) and if the inevitable munchies hit - I will have some fat bombs planned.
Katie I have to make fat bombs like yesterday I make promises especially no cheese then I blow it . Trying counts right ?

I am so tired of hardboiled eggs if I get them down they keep the hunger pangs away !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #275
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

There was only miraclewhip in the work fridge today and I thought it would be ok to make egg salad. Boy was I wrong! It was so sweet! And I accidentally put too much so it was just over powering. I used to love the stuff as a kid and even a young adult but when I discovered mayo I never looked back... Now I remember why!
Old 09-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #276
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post

That's a good plan! I have a hard time transitioning out too! I always just quit. This time I am actually going to try to transition though. If I have a plan ot should work better.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #277
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

My plan of attack is keep going as it is if I stall cheese goes bye bye ! wait why am I laughing ?
Old 09-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #278
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post

I made chicken with Boursin and bacon for breakfast not stills but still low carb so clearly I am ok not having stills stuff sometimes, my main goal is to stay low carb so If I over do the cheese or have bacon sometimes o don't beat myself up.
Mar it's easy and doesn't take long . I hope you enjoy it . I may try it with prawns
Old 09-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #279
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Mar , do you wrap the chicken around the Boursin cheese and bacon ?

I never tried miracle whip although I like Japanese mayo kewpie mayo , Hellmans and Duke brand are good .
Old 09-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #280
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mar , do you wrap the chicken around the Boursin cheese and bacon ?

I never tried miracle whip although I like Japanese mayo kewpie mayo , Hellmans and Duke brand are good .
Yeah I do or sometimes I just get lazy and put it on top but that's not as flavourful.

Yeah hellmans is my go to!

I ate dinner super late tonight interested to see if it will effect my losses tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #281
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I have meatballs in the oven that will be my food for the day tomorrow! We are out of eggs and after a weekend if chicken I just don't want another chicken breast lol
Old 09-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #282
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/123.8/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
I made it through the corn fest without eating corn, carbs, sugar or starch. lol. I was hungry though and unprepared, watching people eat cheese curds and pizza was not
fun. I had a few bites of my DDs hamburger without the bun and that got me through til I could get home to my eggs. I should've planned better but it turned out ok. I
also ate late and I'm wondering if that will affect the scale.

Last edited by deanslist; 09-18-2016 at 07:40 PM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:07 AM   #283
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Well done, Melissa! I did not make it through the church potluck yesterday. I can't believe what I ate and how much I ate. Today I hit the reset button!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #284
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah I do or sometimes I just get lazy and put it on top but that's not as flavourful.

Yeah hellmans is my go to!

I ate dinner super late tonight interested to see if it will effect my losses tomorrow.
I ate dinner late last night too .
I will have to buy Boursin cheese for the holidays it's soooo good !
Old 09-19-2016, 06:29 AM   #285
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday !
Guess what ? I am inching up the scale 149.6lbs and that means no more cheese
I am making Tuscan style rib eye tonight .
I bought a package of chicken breast for tomorrow.

Mar and Melissa, I plan to visit Canada again someday . I never tried poutine and it's a dish I know I would gobble right up !

I recall way back some diners serving "disco fries" I haven't had those in years, I wonder if they are still popular .

mim I am with you pushing the reset button, let's do it !

Slim, I hope you are feeling well.

Katie & Kal check in too ! Anyone I missed I hope you are doing well too !

Have a great day everyone !

Last edited by StillTheOne; 09-19-2016 at 06:30 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 07:48 AM   #286
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I was up a little this morning so no more late night dinners! I even went to a party last night and didn't eat the pizza so I am a little annoyed. But I am not going to let it derail me. I only have 3 days left to hit my 10 lb goal so I can't afford to get derailed! If I don't hit it I still have the days after my bday celebrations to catch up but I wanted to hit it before then so I would just need to get back there after.

We will see what happens ... No point is stressing about something that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by Mar922; 09-19-2016 at 07:51 AM..
Old 09-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #287
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was up a little this morning so no more late night dinners! I even went to a party last night and didn't eat the pizza so I am a little annoyed. But I am not going to let it derail me. I only have 3 days left to hit my 10 lb goal so I can't afford to get derailed! If I don't hit it I still have the days after my bday celebrations to catch up but I wanted to hit it before then so I would just need to get back there after.

We will see what happens ... No point is stressing about something that hasn't happened yet.
I was a little annoyed too that I resisted so much over the weekend and only maintained. I guess I need to be optimistic since I usually am up a couple of pounds on Monday! Good job not eating the pizza- I had the same experience at the corn maze yesterday- people were eating it around me and it looked SO good, but then I thought real hard about how I balloon up like 4 lbs when I eat it and that got my thinking right... Lol
Old 09-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #288
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was a little annoyed too that I resisted so much over the weekend and only maintained. I guess I need to be optimistic since I usually am up a couple of pounds on Monday! Good job not eating the pizza- I had the same experience at the corn maze yesterday- people were eating it around me and it looked SO good, but then I thought real hard about how I balloon up like 4 lbs when I eat it and that got my thinking right... Lol
This is true. I am also usually up after a weekend and pizza always makes me gain about 4 lbs too. So we are in a better place then we would have been otherwise.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:22 AM   #289
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I am down 1 lb this morning! That means I hit my September goal of 10 lbs!! Now my goal is tonstill be at 10 lbs lost at the end of September. I recovered from my wine and cheese binge failrly quickly so I am hoping it will be the same after 4 days off for my bday.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #290
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday !
The scale is stuck again , I am not surprised .
I just found out that I have family visiting over the weekend .

I have a plan till Friday, I plan on fasting .
When they arrive Friday afternoon , I will have snacks for them. We plan on going to do some fine dining too . I need to find a nice dress or two .
I am preparing mini cheese balls with pretzel sticks in them, I found the recipe on Pinterest.

Also mini italian cannoli's in phyllo shells . Also making apple crisp cookies and cranberry chocolate oatmeal cookies . Serving cranapple sparkling wine, it's a nice drink like a mimosa.

So fasting is a must . It will help me on Friday to eat less . I usually get into ketosis quickly on a 3 day fast . It's just difficult so here's to day 1 .
Old 09-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #291
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am down 1 lb this morning! That means I hit my September goal of 10 lbs!! Now my goal is tonstill be at 10 lbs lost at the end of September. I recovered from my wine and cheese binge failrly quickly so I am hoping it will be the same after 4 days off for my bday.
You did it awesome !!!! You have you're wiggle room . I need to drop 3 lbs by Friday to reach my mini wish me luck !
Old 09-20-2016, 07:00 AM   #292
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Tuesday !
The scale is stuck again , I am not surprised .
I just found out that I have family visiting over the weekend .

I have a plan till Friday, I plan on fasting .
When they arrive Friday afternoon , I will have snacks for them. We plan on going to do some fine dining too . I need to find a nice dress or two .
I am preparing mini cheese balls with pretzel sticks in them, I found the recipe on Pinterest.

Also mini italian cannoli's in phyllo shells . Also making apple crisp cookies and cranberry chocolate oatmeal cookies . Serving cranapple sparkling wine, it's a nice drink like a mimosa.

So fasting is a must . It will help me on Friday to eat less . I usually get into ketosis quickly on a 3 day fast . It's just difficult so here's to day 1 .
When you fast do you do it intermittently or just fast for 3 days? I was thinking of intermittent fasting this weekend because everything is planned in the evenings but I am thinking it's not a good Idea for Saturday if I am planning on having wine. I always have a plan to just have meals off plan but it always becomes 4 days off plan, at least I am trying by planning lol!
Old 09-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #293
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
When you fast do you do it intermittently or just fast for 3 days? I was thinking of intermittent fasting this weekend because everything is planned in the evenings but I am thinking it's not a good Idea for Saturday if I am planning on having wine. I always have a plan to just have meals off plan but it always becomes 4 days off plan, at least I am trying by planning lol!
I plan on fasting 3 whole days , Friday I will eat something light like fruit before they arrive maybe grapefruit or strawberries . We have dinner plans Friday and Saturday night at restaurants and on Sunday a brunch at a restaurant before they leave . I would make sure if you fast eat something before you have your wine . Wine is my weakness
Old 09-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #294
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tom is here. Weight is not budging... Holding steady...fasted til noon and had canned chicken... I want more food though!

Great on the loss Mar and good luck with fasting Still!

Here's a pic of our border battle outfits (my team won)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #295
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Day 1

Mio energy and it's all good . 2 more days .
I am keeping busy cleaning .

Instead of cannoli's in phyllo, I am making mini lil cheesecake in phyllo shells with mini chocolate chips . The ready made cheese cake filling will make it easier !

Once the weekend is over I want to do another attempt at QWL with chicken and eggs .
Old 09-20-2016, 04:26 PM   #296
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Tom is here. Weight is not budging... Holding steady...fasted til noon and had canned chicken... I want more food though!

Yay ! What a nice picture !
Old 09-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #297
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I plan on fasting 3 whole days , Friday I will eat something light like fruit before they arrive maybe grapefruit or strawberries . We have dinner plans Friday and Saturday night at restaurants and on Sunday a brunch at a restaurant before they leave . I would make sure if you fast eat something before you have your wine . Wine is my weakness
Mine too lol!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #298
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That's a nice pic! If my fiancé and I were rivals he wouldn't take a pic with me haha luckily I don't like sports so this isn't an issue
Old 09-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #299
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mio energy and it's all good . 2 more days .
I am keeping busy cleaning .

Instead of cannoli's in phyllo, I am making mini lil cheesecake in phyllo shells with mini chocolate chips . The ready made cheese cake filling will make it easier !

Once the weekend is over I want to do another attempt at QWL with chicken and eggs .
I haven't tried the energy one. I have regular crystal light and regular mio and I tried another no name one yhT had stevia instead of aspartame but that wasn't very good. Not sure if it was cuz of the stevia or just the flavour
Old 09-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #300
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I had an all tuna day today. Tomorrow is chicken again. Then it's my 4 days off plan.