Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2016, 04:51 AM   #31
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I have the same problem sometimes, Terri. Since we are retired, we tend to heat dinner rather early, around 4 or 5. DH doesn't always eat much breakfast or lunch and is hungry for dinner earlier. I am starting to eat only two meals a day, a late breakfast and then dinner. My biggest problem is eating after dinner. It's not from hunger. I think sometimes it's because I haven't had a lot to eat that I think it's OK, but I need to make sure I'm actually hungry when I eat something. Working on that one!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2016, 07:34 AM   #32
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BuffyTVS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
For whatever reason, I am not interested in cake, but I would love to have my second helpings and skinny jeans too. LOL Once I start eating I cannot stop until the food is gone.
Ahhh this is SO me. It's really interesting when I think about it. I eat much "healthier" (aka: low carb - mostly protein, veggies, fats, a few nuts and sometimes some berries) than most of my girlfriends. They basically eat "whatever" they are in the mood for--and indulge in wine and spirits often. I exercise more than they do too!

YET they are all thinner than me. Because they all can simply take a few bits of something and be done. Some of them simply don't eat dinner sometimes because they forget or too busy.

Me? Umm... no. I've never forgotten to eat a meal in my life! LOL I am a not-so-proud member of the Clean Plates Club. Even eating healthier foods, I am sure I eat WAAAAY more calories than they do.

So while I'd like to continue to eat healthy, I'd trying to find ways to tune into my hunger cues more. Anyway I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
BuffyTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:07 AM   #33
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 186/150/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyTVS View Post
Ahhh this is SO me. It's really interesting when I think about it. I eat much "healthier" (aka: low carb - mostly protein, veggies, fats, a few nuts and sometimes some berries) than most of my girlfriends. They basically eat "whatever" they are in the mood for--and indulge in wine and spirits often. I exercise more than they do too!

YET they are all thinner than me. Because they all can simply take a few bits of something and be done. Some of them simply don't eat dinner sometimes because they forget or too busy.

Me? Umm... no. I've never forgotten to eat a meal in my life! LOL I am a not-so-proud member of the Clean Plates Club. Even eating healthier foods, I am sure I eat WAAAAY more calories than they do.

So while I'd like to continue to eat healthy, I'd trying to find ways to tune into my hunger cues more. Anyway I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
A turning point for me was realizing this was not a last meal and if I want more I could have it, and trying to make each bite a conscious choice. Just knowing I can have it if I want it but choosing not to gives me power. Unless it's pizza... I can't have leftover pizza in the house. That would just be wrong not to eat it. So now we only have it out, personal size or at someone else's home! We all have our issues
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #34
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
Unless it's pizza...
That made me laugh out loud!
Old 09-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #35
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyTVS View Post
You are describing my DH, Buffy. He never finishes everything on his plate. My sister-in-law said she thinks that's a throwback to when they were kids and were told to clean their plate. They started leaving food on their plate as a form of rebellion.

Quote:
A turning point for me was realizing this was not a last meal and if I want more I could have it, and trying to make each bite a conscious choice. Just knowing I can have it if I want it but choosing not to gives me power. Unless it's pizza...
Leanne, reading this makes me realize that I used to do this and it worked for me for a long time, but recently I seem to have left that habit behind and my old clean-plate habit has returned. I need to work on that, again.

Pizza used to be one of my favorite foods. When I was diagnosed with diabetes I was sick realizing that pizza was gone forever. After seeing what it did to my blood sugar I had no choice. I thought. Now when DH gets pizza, I pull off the cheese and toppings and chop it up into a salad. I still get "the taste" of pizza, but without the crust that raises my blood sugar. I call it Pizza Salad.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #36
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carol the reminds me! Pizza salad! They actually do serve this at a few restaurants. All the pizza toppings cooked but non melted cheese on crispy greens with tomato and no sauce. I like it with creamy peppercorn on the side.

I see this in my near future.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #37
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats on 2nd goal Leanne
Old 09-30-2016, 11:54 AM   #38
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Terri!

How are you doing today? Any plans for the weekend? I'm going to work very hard at listening to my body this weekend. That and just trying to decide what is really worth eating and drinking.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #39
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
Stats: 256/215/150
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
Pizza salad. I love that idea.
susan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #40
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thank you Terri!

How are you doing today? Any plans for the weekend? I'm going to work very hard at listening to my body this weekend. That and just trying to decide what is really worth eating and drinking.
I think thatís me too. I had a real success today. They bought Wing Stop at work (my very favorite) and I barely had any because I just wasnít hungry after a couple bites. And I actually threw some away. That was huge for me. Later in the day I did get hungry. My first reaction was ďtry to denyĒ. Instead I allowed myself to have just enough. Weíll see how that plays out for tonight. But Iím now starting to feel it again and Iíll be building on that.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #41
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Good to hear Terri. Have a great weekend

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #42
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Jeanie, you too! How you doing today?
Old 09-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #43
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing pretty good, thanks.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #44
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Doing pretty good, thanks.

Last edited by TerriMM; 09-30-2016 at 10:24 PM..
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:54 AM   #45
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

How did you fare with the hormones Terri? I am getting lots of uti symptoms lately which I know are related to menopause. So far I have not needed an antibiotic, apple cider vinegar, lemon water and tons of water have flushed me out pretty well.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:09 AM   #46
dazygyrl
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I’m not sure it’s possible to be sicker of dieting then I am now. I joined up here in 2011 at 138#. I’ve been to goal and back again. Here I am 5+ years later and 5 pounds heavier. I've tried everything from HCG to IF with varying degrees of success and enthusiasm. I think I’m finally sick enough of all the counting, journaling and deprivation to make a real change of lifestyle. I’m going to quit dieting. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not giving up. I am going to fully commit to Intuitive Eating.

I have read a couple things.
“The Overfed Head: What If Everything You Know About Weight Loss Is Wrong?” Is my personal favorite, short, simple and to the point. I’m in the process of rereading this now.

“You can have your cake and skinny jeans too” I started this on Kindle, it’s a bit wordy for me, but I’ll be picking that back up too.

I welcome anyone to join me or just hang. Or if you have any advice, please bring it on!
hi there, long lost buddy...

i quit too...sometime ago. i just can't do it anymore.

HOWEVER....with an upcoming wedding in our very near future (november 26!!) .... i realized i CAN NOT, WILL NOT be mother of the groom in this state. so with something to look forward to...apparently feeling crappy and tight clothes hasn't been motivating enough :roll eyes: ... my mind has snapped out of it. i always come back to what worked the best for me years ago...simple, easy, portion control. eating whatever, just on smaller plate and ONLY WHEN HUNGRY. the other thing i have incorporated is fasting. i try and mostly succeed at, only eating between 1-2pm, this sometimes is a fairly large meal (800-1000 cals, maybe...i only keep an eye on this, no formal tracking). i have realized that as long as my stomach keeps that full, but not uncomfortable feeling, i don't have the need to graze. sometimes i do get a growly tummy around 6-7, but i like that long fasted state, so sometimes i will ignore it and not eat again till my usual 1-2pm or sometimes i will have something small...yogurt with granola usually. i do have coffee with HWC when fasting. i don't weigh, but can tell i am making progress as clothes fit better and i do feel better.

so this is my tale, glad to see you're a quitter like me. good to see you, bud.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:39 AM   #47
dazygyrl
Major LCF Poster!

i also wanted to say...it is way easier for me to NOT eat than it is to eat only small amounts frequently knowing that when i do eat i will get a decent sized portion and feel satisfied for a long time.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #48
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
hi there, long lost buddy...

i quit too...sometime ago. i just can't do it anymore.

HOWEVER....with an upcoming wedding in our very near future (november 26!!) .... i realized i CAN NOT, WILL NOT be mother of the groom in this state. so with something to look forward to...apparently feeling crappy and tight clothes hasn't been motivating enough :roll eyes: ... my mind has snapped out of it. i always come back to what worked the best for me years ago...simple, easy, portion control. eating whatever, just on smaller plate and ONLY WHEN HUNGRY. the other thing i have incorporated is fasting. i try and mostly succeed at, only eating between 1-2pm, this sometimes is a fairly large meal (800-1000 cals, maybe...i only keep an eye on this, no formal tracking). i have realized that as long as my stomach keeps that full, but not uncomfortable feeling, i don't have the need to graze. sometimes i do get a growly tummy around 6-7, but i like that long fasted state, so sometimes i will ignore it and not eat again till my usual 1-2pm or sometimes i will have something small...yogurt with granola usually. i do have coffee with HWC when fasting. i don't weigh, but can tell i am making progress as clothes fit better and i do feel better.

so this is my tale, glad to see you're a quitter like me. good to see you, bud.
Hey there Buddy Girl, GREAT to see you!!! Getting ready to add to that beautiful family, how awesome, Kendall? Tell me all about it. Pictures wouldn't hurt. How's the coffee shop doing? I've been thinking about you lately, thinking it's getting to be soap/candle time of year.

I think the fasting is really great as well. I basically just try to put as much time between last meal and first meal with an IE frame of mind. Somehow I don't think I'll ever be able to give up my HWC. I'll bet you make a mean Brevē.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #49
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
How did you fare with the hormones Terri? I am getting lots of uti symptoms lately which I know are related to menopause. So far I have not needed an antibiotic, apple cider vinegar, lemon water and tons of water have flushed me out pretty well.
I didn't realize UTIs and menopause were related, that's very interesting. Still trying to cut down and then eventually off the hormones due to other possible risks.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #50
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I didn't realize UTIs and menopause were related, that's very interesting. Still trying to cut down and then eventually off the hormones due to other possible risks.
I didn't realize that either, Terri. I went through menopause without any UTIs and can honestly say I can only remember having one or two in my lifetime. I googled to read about this and that made me realize I do have another urinary issue that is contributed to menopause. I have urge incontinence. When I have to go I have to go RIGHT NOW. No holding it for me. LOL I never connected that to menopause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i also wanted to say...it is way easier for me to NOT eat than it is to eat only small amounts frequently knowing that when i do eat i will get a decent sized portion and feel satisfied for a long time.

Dazygyrl,
I am the same way. Garfield has a cartoon that says "Once my eating gains momentum it's hard to shut down." LOL I have to be careful though, because with diabetes, a large meal can spike blood sugar even if it's low carb.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #51
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
A turning point for me was realizing this was not a last meal and if I want more I could have it, and trying to make each bite a conscious choice. Just knowing I can have it if I want it but choosing not to gives me power. Unless it's pizza... I can't have leftover pizza in the house. That would just be wrong not to eat it. So now we only have it out, personal size or at someone else's home! We all have our issues
Yes that's a great way of looking at it Leanne! Awww yeah, pizza is tough to turn away isn't it?? I really like making that "fathead" pizza as an alternative because for some reason I'm NOT inclined to binge on it. I guess because it's so rich and filling.

Quote:
You are describing my DH, Buffy. He never finishes everything on his plate. My sister-in-law said she thinks that's a throwback to when they were kids and were told to clean their plate. They started leaving food on their plate as a form of rebellion.
Ahh interesting. I so wish that mentality was ingrained in me naturally. Alas, it is not and I have to work at it --- daily! I really like the CBT techniques that Judith Beck employs in her book. They have definitely saved me from some binges ... not ALL but some.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #52
dazygyrl
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey there Buddy Girl, GREAT to see you!!! Getting ready to add to that beautiful family, how awesome, Kendall? Tell me all about it. Pictures wouldn't hurt. How's the coffee shop doing? I've been thinking about you lately, thinking it's getting to be soap/candle time of year.

I think the fasting is really great as well. I basically just try to put as much time between last meal and first meal with an IE frame of mind. Somehow I don't think I'll ever be able to give up my HWC. I'll bet you make a mean Brevē.
i'll pics in our thread in the journal section.

coffee shop is good! i'm actually in the process of expanding. I'm going to convert a 35ft RV into a mobile coffee shop! i'm so excited! i will run that and hire someone(s) to run my other shop. i found a guy who that's all he does is make mobile coffee shops. only caveat..i have to drive it out to idaho!

surprisingly, i don't drink many lattes, just coffee with HWC. i like sweetener in my lattes and SF syrups are really not that good in a latte. so i only have those occasionally.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #53
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

I love the pics. They're a beautiful couple. I can't wait to hear the details.

Idaho is a heck of a long way. Too bad it's not California Are you still doing the soap & stuff?
Old 10-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #54
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

After my Wing Stop adventure Friday I fully expected to be up from the water retention, if nothing else. I very happy to report a .20 loss on Saturday.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #55
dazygyrl
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
After my Wing Stop adventure Friday I fully expected to be up from the water retention, if nothing else. I very happy to report a .20 loss on Saturday.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:25 AM   #56
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay, Terri

Old 10-03-2016, 09:40 AM   #57
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
super!
Old 10-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #58
BuffyTVS
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
woot woot!
Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #59
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Well this was quite unexpected. I was feeling pretty good this morning so I elected to weigh in today instead of tomorrow. To my surprise, I was down 2.6#

Iíll admit this time around Iím really feeling the whole IE concept, maybe because Iím fully committed or just practice, I donít know. But for anyone who has tried this and it didnít quite take the first time, I would encourage you to give it another shot. It does take a lot of practice and effort after so many years of following the rules for someone elseís plan to actually listen to yourself. Hopefully I can keep from pressing the mute button.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #60
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

So happy for you, Terri