Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #61
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
Thanks Jeanie! Hope you have a great weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #62
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 186/150/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
Great loss!
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:57 AM   #63
dazygyrl
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dazygyrl
yay, buddy!! so happy for you!!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #64
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks all

Ready to start a new week. I have to say this feels so freeing. I'm no longer the person that has to be accommodated.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:25 AM   #65
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Married 37 Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
One of my favorite quotes Iíve read is ďhunger is not an emergencyĒ. I try to keep that is mind as Iím getting back into this. Breakfast and Lunch are much easier because itís usually just me. But Dinner can be a challenge because DH and I have always been a dinner together couple. Iím trying to make sure I donít have a meal too late so I will actually be hungry when itís time for dinner.
Okay, that did it! I'm tired. I'm tired of counting whether it be points or carbs. I'm tired of ALWAYS stressing about food, what I ate or what I didn't eat. My weight is up...I know that low carb works because I down to 150 in 2003. But since that time.......

Can't seem to get it done.... I'm the type that can't have any carbs, so when I stay on program all day and go home and have a glass of wine??? I gain. And you are so right that once you feel like it's going to be your last meal before you start all over the next day???? YEPPERS you eat to your hearts content.

So I would like to join ya'll.... I would love not to worry about the next meal or the meal after that.....I will weigh in tomorrow and post starting weight.

I've joined a few challenges but they aren't very active and I need an active challenge for encouragement.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #66
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! Welcome Kimmie!

Have you read anything on this yet?

Keep in mind this is not "throw caution to the wind" easy. The first time I did it I told my husband it was as hard as any diet. Mainly because I had to learn a whole new way of thinking and listening to my body. It obviously gets easier the more I do it. Probably the biggest mistake I made the first time is to use it as an excuse to get crap whenever I was hungry. This time I'm listening more to by body and what it wants and it's working better.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #67
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay! Welcome Kimmie!

Probably the biggest mistake I made the first time is to use it as an excuse to get crap whenever I was hungry. This time I'm listening more to by body and what it wants and it's working better.

I've read quite a bit. It just makes sense to me. I do know that I will always have to watch what I put in my mouth, that's a given. But listening to my body when it's actually hungry. And learning when it's actually hungry and not just bored. I think it is okay if my stomach has to growl.

Last edited by kimmiejean; 10-10-2016 at 10:46 AM..
kimmiejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:14 AM   #68
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

I think my first day was a success. I love the saying that Hunger is not an Emergency. Added to my signature. LOL I'm paying attention to ME. And not when I'm "supposed" to be hungry.

Have a great day!
Old 10-12-2016, 12:37 AM   #69
Aruralgirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/184/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: IF and LC
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Yay! Welcome Kimmie!

Keep in mind this is not "throw caution to the wind" easy. The first time I did it I told my husband it was as hard as any diet. Mainly because I had to learn a whole new way of thinking and listening to my body. It obviously gets easier the more I do it. Probably the biggest mistake I made the first time is to use it as an excuse to get crap whenever I was hungry. This time I'm listening more to by body and what it wants and it's working better.
Hey Terri--so glad this is working for you! I can see how the eating crap thing can be a challenge when at work. Working from home makes it easier to avoid the junk. Though it sounds like you are doing pretty well with this latest round of IE. I think you've found your sweet spot!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:34 AM   #70
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:

Terri, I was posting in another group that was doing IE and I had to stop because I didn't agree with their "eat what you want" outlook. They translated it to mean if you wanted a bag of cookies for dinner, eat them. I take it to mean if you're hungry for chicken, eat chicken. If you're hungry for beef, eat beef. You still need to be aware of the nutrient content of your food.

Aruralgirl, when I worked, I did not have a problem avoiding all the junk that was sitting around. Most of my co workers were aware of my dieting and I would not give them the satisfaction of seeing me eat junk food.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #71
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey EB! Glad you stopped by!! Yes, at this point it sure feels like my sweet spot. Howíre things going for you? Have you gotten back to your somethings? Admittedly I am still lacking in the dept. Donít know what it is. Iím hoping when day light savings ends I can translate that into a morning workout routine.

I agree with you Carol, itís much easier for me at work, and for the same reason. Iím considered the ďhealthy eaterĒ of the office. If I pick up fast food for one of my co-workers, all I hear is ďOh my gosh, Terri got fast food!!!Ē They seem so disappointed when they find out itís not really for me. Plus I like to cook and can come up with some pretty evil treats at home. The first time I did IE I did exactly what that other group did. I ate crap because my diet deprived brain wanted it, not my body. Iím feeling so much better this time. And knowing I can have the crap if I really want it and Iím hungry of course, makes it so much less tempting. Even if I think I want it, Iíll have what my body wants first and then if I still want it, I have some. More often than not I donít care about it anymore.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #72
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning All,
Well I was up .80 this week. Certainly not a tragedy, especially considering I ate whatever I wanted, and I had that nice drop last week. I will admit to snacking a bit when I wasnít hungry, so going to focus more on that this week.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #73
dazygyrl
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dazygyrl
I've really got to reign it in...WEDDING in just 4.5 weeks!! WHAAAAT!!

so that means ease up on portion sizes and do better with fasts (no less than 16, but 20 would be great).
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #74
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I am doing terrible, Terri. I am up a couple pounds, higher than I have been in ages. I really don't want to ever reach my all time high again, but I'm not that far from it. I am still snacking, maybe more than I used to. Sometimes I think when I try to make an effort to do this, I stress myself out thinking about it and do worse. Do you know what I mean? Mostly when I just go along avoiding as many starchy carbs as I can I seem to do much better, but I don't get any big drops. I just maintain. Right now I would be happy to maintain! I don't know what it is with me and food. It's just food for heaven's sake!

Dazygyrl, I think it's the same for you...the pressure of knowing the wedding is coming up is making it worse!! We need to just relax. LOL
Old 10-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #75
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay Girls, we can do this! This will be my mantra for the week.

If I stick something in my mouth, whether it be a cookie or a carrot stick and Iím not really hungry, my body will save it for later. If I continue to eat after Iíve had enough, my body will save it for later. So every bite I put in my mouth I will ask myself if my body wants to use it or save it. If the answer is save it, than I will save it in my fridge instead of my thighs for when my body is ready to use it.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #76
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Terri, I try to tell myself that all the time. That I can put leftovers in the refrigerator and they will be there when I get hungry again. No one is going to take them away. But for some reason, they call my name. I am much better off if I put the leftovers down the garbage disposal. Or mostly, I try to only cook the amount we are going to eat, but with some things, that can't be done. When my DH was growing up, his father insisted that his mother cook enough food so there was always leftovers. He said if there were no leftovers, then someone might be leaving the table still hungry. He wants me to cook that way, too. I make potatoes for him and mostly I don't eat them, but there's always a lot leftover, and I end up eating them. I try to make just the amount he is going to eat and he tells me I didn't make enough. He still has that mentality that there has to be leftovers, and it isn't helpful to me. I don't have the strength to pass up that food. When I was growing up, we were poor. My mother did the best she could, but it seemed there was never enough food. Never a scrap left on the table after the meal was over. So I learned to eat everything until it was gone. Isn't it funny how our childhoods influence our adult behavior?

I have to learn that it's not a crime to put food down the garbage disposal, rather than in my mouth.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:50 AM   #77
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carol our childhood habits are the toughest to break. I was a member of the clean plate club as well and was thankful to eat anything. I cannot stand to waste food either. Now I use a very small plate. Maybe keep a desert of sorts for your hubby So he'll always feel he has enough? I also have a very supportive household..
Old 10-20-2016, 08:52 AM   #78
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, me too. Although no one hard to force this little chubbet to clean her plate, I have always loved food and happy to oblige. My biggest childhood haunt is cake. Special occasion Ė Cake, Reward Ė Cake, Company Ė Cake, Mommyís love Ė Cake, Cake, Cake!

Nice Avi Leanne!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #79
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Ha, reminds me of that childhood chant "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar"! Ummm that would have been me. unlike my brother who still had his easter basket candy weeks later!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #80
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Ha, reminds me of that childhood chant "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar"! Ummm that would have been me. unlike my brother who still had his easter basket candy weeks later!
Hey Chickie!
I was just thinking about you. How are you doing?
Old 10-20-2016, 12:04 PM   #81
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing okay. A little tricky figuring out some things. Too many carbs for weight maintanence but the added carbs have done wonderful things for my low moods and anxiety, so working on the balance.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #82
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Carbs are definitely a fickle thing. I admit to feeling better too, although I didn't feel "bad" before. I am also "functioning" better. But I am having to be careful not to overdo it. That's where I really count on IE.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:09 AM   #83
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I think IE is just normal eating, but we have to get over our bad habits we have developed. And they are just habits. We can do it!

Leanne, using a smaller plate doesn't work for me. I can always go back and fill it up again. LOL It's something I need to work on. DH always has sweets around...baked goods. Lucky for me I really don't like a sweet taste. I can go back for a second trip through a buffet while he heads for the dessert bar. He is not really a big eater when it comes to meals. I think like they say, his eyes are bigger than his stomach. I know how to cook the right amount of what he normally eats, but when I'm cooking it, it doesn't look like enough to him. He wants me to still cook for a family of 4, when there's only two of us and a dog left here. I am going to work on changing my eating schedule so I will be hungry when DH is hungry, so I'm not eating just to eat with him.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #84
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

I guess it all depends on your definition of "normal" Carol. I was raised normal was cleaning your plate, eating three meals a day and treats whenever available. Stopping to ask myself if I was actually hungry wasn't part of the program. For instance I was never a breakfast eater. The only time my mom could get me to eat breakfast was to give me something really yummy (usually with sugar) that I couldn't turn down. When I started dieting I started eating breakfast "the most important meal of the day" to help, I thought, with weight loss. Now when I consider whether I'm actually hungry I rarely am until mid-morning or lunch time.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #85
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Terri, maybe I don't mean to use the word "normal." I guess what I mean is "natural." It's the way our bodies were made to operate. Food is for fuel, and hunger tells us that we need fuel. When the tank is filled up we stop eating. Then after we burn off that fuel, we realize we need more. I believe our parents were afraid we would be malnourished so they told us to eat everything on our plates. That made them feel that we had received the nutrients we needed. I think if they would have let us leave the table when we no longer wanted more, we would have come back later when we got hungry again. But a disservice was done by making us eat a certain amount of food with no regard for what our bodies needed. And that became normal for us. And for some others, food has become a social event. When we haven't seen a friend for a while we meet for lunch. Why don't we just meet in the park and go for a walk? Food has become a social thing, instead of just nourishing our bodies. And some of us are a little too sociable. LOL It isn't normal, but it has become our habit.

Today is the first day that I feel that I have "eaten when hungry and stopped when satisfied." I did eat every bit of my restaurant salad for dinner, but it was the right size to satisfy me. OR, I have had that salad before and maybe my body is trained to eat the whole thing and not feel stuffed. Either way, I feel that I did good. I did not snack between meals because I was not hungry, and so far I've made it to 8 PM without eating anything else. I feel a slight bit of hunger, but it's not at a level to need food, but then, I'm not sure I know what that really feels like.

I'm calling this Day 1. But then, day 1 of what? I'm not supposed to be on a diet, or even an eating plan. This is harder than it sounds.

My DH and my friend are what I call "normal" eaters. They start to feel hungry, so they eat something. They don't think about how many calories are in the food they are eating. They have no idea if the food they are eating is a carb or a protein, and they don't care. They are hungry, and this is what they want to eat. And they eat until they don't feel hungry anymore. It has nothing to do with how much food is left on their plate.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #86
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

First day of FREEDOM my friend! Great Job!

I agree with what you said about Natural vs. Normal.

I remember when I first tried this I told DH it was as hard if not harder than any diet I ever tried. There was no one to tell me what to do or not do. I had to learn to hear myself.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #87
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol I was reading the natural and normal eaters. Most of the people I socialize with are either doing a form of IF or are overweight. This includes the fit friends but they are the biggest meal skippers. So IF formal or not. They do eat whatever they want , but if I watch... and of course I do. They eat mostly lower carb and very slowly. Lots of talking and socializing not so much chewing.

I'm trying to pick up the better habits of slowly enjoying every bite. I made chili for dinner and I didn't think I'd over eaten but, I'm still full at bedtime. I did completely enjoy it though!!

Carol I hope your tomorrows go as well for you.
Terri you are doing well!
Old 10-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #88
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday I had a late lunch. When I got home I was busy with chores, DH was out of town, I wasnít really hungry, so I skipped dinner. This morning I was blessed with and 2.5# drop. Right at the cusp of a new decade and 1# away from my YTD low.

Eating slowly and savoring is still a big challenge for me. I eat and work or eat and watch TV or eat and drive. All are big no nos. I have tried not, but then I find I eat faster so I can be done and move on to the other things. I'm afraid I live a little like the Tasmanian devil. So I'm trying just to slow down and eat mindfully.

Well, well Leanne, I see we have a new goal to celebrate. Great Job!! Youíre doing JUDDD?
Old 10-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #89
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice drop Terri

Old 10-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #90
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Terri I'm so excited for you! You are doing so great and figuring it out day by day!

Yes I JUDDD. The low DDs really help with my arthritis. I do try to eat intuitively on my UDs. Although again the more low carb I am the better my joints feel. With all that said some nights I want beer, pizza and popcorn. And I can have it as it is still on plan. But I do not feel as well for a few days. Sometimes it is very worth it!