Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2016, 02:30 PM   #181
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 2017 - 142.8/137.7/128.2
No Kidding! Let's just hope it continues.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #182
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Terri, I think it's good that DH is in weight loss mode, regardless of what plan he wants to follow. It makes it easier for you. When DH thinks he needs to lose, he doesn't say a word, but I start to notice that he is eating less. He has never really had a weight problem, but he would never admit that he needed to lose a few. He has always considered low carb eating a bunch of baloney, but recently I notice he is eating scrambled eggs for breakfast when he always had french toast in the past. Giving up bread, sweetie? Hmmmm? LOL
Old 11-30-2016, 03:36 AM   #183
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
Carol, that made me laugh. My DF thinks LC is wrong too. But if your DH is anything like mine he would never admit he could be wrong.

Terri WTG losing the 1.3, you're probably right about the few pounds being bloating. Sounds like you are back on track. I am having a terrible time starting any kind of exercise.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:51 AM   #184
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Grace, my DH loves potatoes, prepared any way, in huge quantities. He always tells me you can never get fat eating potatoes. Well, I sure proved him wrong! ha ha There were other things that did it besides the potatoes, though.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:33 AM   #185
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

My hubby is the same way. Once he thinks or heaven forbid, says something out loud, getting him to admit different is a mountain. When we were younger I would get my dad to tell him something he wouldn't hear from me

I'm having a rough time getting going on the exercise too Grace. I don't know why, I feel better and obviously look better when I do. Just getting started is so hard. Tonight I'm going to try changing into my workout clothes when I get home so I can't conveniently forget about it until bedtime.

Down another 1.5# today completely amazed. .40 to go to be back to where I was 5 wks ago.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #186
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 186/150/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
Lol I carried a exercise band in my pocket today. Whenever no one was around I'd do some arms, or squats. It's not a "real" workout but I got it done.

Terri you are doing great!
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #187
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Now that's dedication, Leanne!! That sounds like one of the suggestions you read in Shape magazine. LOL I always liked the one that said to do some jumping jacks in your office. My co workers would have thought there was an earthquake!

That's great Terri, and considering you are NOT dieting!
Old 12-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #188
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

I love that idea Leanne, decided to do a little out of the box thinking myself. Iíve been confined to my desk lately and donít see any way around it in the near future. Today Iím committed to working with tight abs and doing butt crunches every hour. Today Iím down 2.9 of my 3.1 Thanksgiving bloat so Iím feeling pretty optimistic. Last night 12 minutes of lift/squat abs.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #189
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Wow great job, Terri. You really did not gain any real weight it was just water! All exercise counts, it doesn't have to be a formal session

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453

Last edited by jeaniem; 12-02-2016 at 12:43 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:54 AM   #190
Leanne21071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 186/150/125-130
WOE: 310/1550 Keto
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
I agree any exercise is better than not! Have a great weekend!
This time is forever Thanks to JUDDD!!!!(and Fung)and low carb friends!
1st mini goal 134.9 Done!
2nd major goal 124.9. 10/25
3rd ultimate and final goal 120ish 11/18
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-maintain.html
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #191
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

My last weigh in for the week was Thursday 140.7, one # less than 5 weeks ago. So Iím very happy how the week went. The weekend was a little off the rails, not terrible but enough to decide I would switch to weekly weighing from here on out.

Iím strictly focusing on IE. For the most part home food is South BeachĒishĒ to accommodate DH and I do tend to eat that way more often than not, but following no rules other than IE.

Hope everyoneís week is starting off well!
Old 12-07-2016, 04:23 AM   #192
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

That is great Terri!! So happy for you.
The IE seems to agree with you. I hope it makes things a little easier having DH doing South Beach. That's better than watching someone live off of candy and chips and offering to you at every turn. My DF is better than he was, but still tries once in awhile to get me to eat off plan.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Old 12-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #193
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Grace, I'm doing enough offplan eating all on my own without worrying about DH influencing me. LOL I don't know what's wrong with me. I really, really, do want to lose.....
Old 12-07-2016, 10:14 AM   #194
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Carol these slumps happen. I wonder if you need to try something new I don't mean a new WOE. But some new foods.. recipes. I don't know your meals and some people do well with the same things.. I am not one of those. I am constantly looking for and trying new recipes. It keeps me excited especially baking. I know I'm going to have something good and good for me to eat.
Now I have plenty of old reliables, but always looking forward to the discovery of something new within my WOE. I also always have LC snacks readily available if a grazing or snacking mood hits. Today it is pork rinds kinda wanted crunchy and salty. I don't know if any of this helps, just an idea. I know you want to lose and you will. Just have to hit on the right things to help you out of this slump right now.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #195
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, yes, yes Grace! Iím the same way. If I donít have something yummy and new to eat when Iím struggling, eating will totally go out the window. Even now when Iím not technically dieting, having healthy options, I want, is very important.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #196
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

I definitely think it makes a difference for me. Options are such a good thing.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #197
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I don't really eliminate any food, except for starchy carbs due to my diabetes. I know my problem is portions and snacking, but I just can't seem to get a handle on it. I lose a few, then gain a few, then repeat. Like right now. I have had my dinner. DH wanted Wendy's burgers, so I got a Chicken Apple Pecan salad. Very tasty! I'm not hungry,I just want something, but I don't know what. Do you know the feeling? This is when mindless eating come into play. It's cold....maybe a cup of tea will soothe me.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 12-07-2016 at 04:11 PM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #198
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

I hate the I want something, but don't know what. You're right, it can lead to the mindless eating. Hopefully a cup of tea will hit the spot for you.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #199
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Grace, to me it says "You aren't really hungry, because if you were, you'd know it." The cup of tea was wonderful, and did the trick!! I slept great, and am ready for another good day. Hope you all do the same! Last night was the first time in ages that I didn't have to get up during the night for the bathroom. To me, that means I didn't drink enough water yesterday, but it was nice to have uninterrupted sleep.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #200
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Glad the tea worked, and that you had a good night's sleep. I hope your day has been good.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #201
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/12/17
Remember me? Hi, Terri! I was just looking in "other plans" on the main board to see if I could find one for Whole Foods eating and came across this thread. I read your first post, then jumped to this last page. I can relate to everything you said when you started this thread and I joined this site 2 years before you.

I had gotten all the way down to 159 and then slowly put it all back on since September 2011. My goal was 140 but judging how I felt right where I was in the 160 range, I could have called it "done" and started to maintain. Now it's too late for that.

I have stopped all dieting efforts and have just gone back to my old ways of eating for entertainment and for a mental and emotional diversion. I have lost lean tissue and replaced it with fat, so even though I'm not at my heaviest, I am at my fattest. I weighed 238.8 just after Thanksgiving. (I don't have a scale so I don't weigh anymore.)

I've done IE in the past, but it was called "Weigh Down Workshop" and had a Christian component to it. I found that it undermined my efforts cause each time I would stumble, I felt guilt. Can't go into it this time with that mindset. That's not how God works.

So, if you've got room in here for something old, and something new (both of them being me), I'd like to join you. There's no start date, just each day, move closer to a way of life.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #202
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Cheryl, you bet I remember you! Itís great to see you and I would be very pleased for you to join me.

I think I know the program youíre talking about. You couldnít eat unless your tummy growled, etc. It was going around the church groups here for a while.

What Iím doing now is very basic.
If youíre hungry eat and eat what you want.
Stop when youíve had enough (not ďfullĒ but enough)
If youíre not hungry, wait to eat until you are.

I generally lean towards low carb, but donít worry about it. Iíve eaten that way for so long itís just natural. If I start going off the deep end (like after Thanksgiving) Iíll focus a little more on Low carb for a week or so. But I make it a point not to ďdietĒ. Iím trying to let go of that mentality.

This actually took some work to get. I told my hubby it was as hard as any diet I ever tried. I think the main reason was actually learning to listen to myself instead of follow someone elseís rules. I have a great easy to read pdf book called Overfeed Head that really helped me a lot. If you want a copy let me know.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #203
CherylB
Big Yapper!

I read some of the reviews of that book, after I saw that you got a lot out of reading it and I don't think it will be much different than the WDW or just IE. It really IS tough to wait until you're hungry. I've gotten into such a terrible pattern that if I'm laying around and not keeping busy, I want to eat every 2 hours. I'm not kidding! I'm like a baby, only I eat more at each feeding. It's become out of control.

So the key for me is to stay busy and keep my hands moving. Not on the keyboard of a computer, but doing something of value and getting a sense of accomplishment from it. That will also "feed the need."

It's nice to see you again. I forget so much detail about you, it's been so long. I wonder what you remember about me. I'm traveling in the motorhome in my siggy now. I escaped CT, and am currently in coastal GA. Just in the nick of time, it looks like. I'm afraid it's going to be a long, bitter winter up north. I feel so bad for my family and friends.
is all you really need.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #204
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

I remember how sweet, kind and supportive you are. You're an animal lover and you taught me a lot about HCG in the day.

To remind you, I was (and still am ) the wild child who could never quite follow the rules. I'm a Christian. I live in inland Northern California and love to travel, mostly day trips.

How do you like the mobile lifestyle? I'll bet you get to meet a lot of great people!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #205
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Thanks for that refresher. I needed it. Mostly what I remember about you is that you were close friends with that very pretty brunette (forgot her name) and you were always calling each other "Bud." Yeah, HCG was a very long time ago. I did that in 2011.

I just lost my oomph somehow and I gave up thinking I could successfully lose the weight and keep it off. I didn't believe in my own ability to do it, so I decided to stop going through the motions. And that's how I ended up back here.

I like the traveling but it's expensive. I get less than 200 miles from a tank of gas, so on any day I'm on the road, I spend $100 in gas alone. Now that I'm planted for the winter (I hope I am, anyway), I can try to put money aside for the next big move. I need to get my brake line fixed, though. Fluid leaking badly. Have to top it off every few days.

My appearance on this thread might only be a cameo. I think it might be too great a stretch to join a group of ladies who are actually in the mode of losing and following a plan. Like I said, I am programed to eat every 2 hours, from the first time I put food in my mouth for the day.

I usually don't start eating until later in the afternoon, but lately I have been eating earlier. Anyway, yes. I have met some interesting people, but I'm not the social kind so the people I am meeting on the road are only fleeting encounters. I get to hear some very interesting accents and they get to hear mine.

Well, thank you for the kind words about what you remember about me. Have a lovely day and I'll be back around sometime.
is all you really need.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:12 AM   #206
CherylB
Big Yapper!

PS: I think the first step for me is to do some serious fasting, to break the cycle I'm in. Drink fluids, and go a whole day without any food. If I can do that a few days (not back to back), it will help make the next step easier. I have to break the pattern that's got a hold on me.
is all you really need.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #207
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Terri. Just stopped in to see how you're doing. I agree with you that this is as difficult as any diet. I am still having trouble waiting until I am actually hungry. I want to feel hunger, and know what it actually feels like. I stopped eating until stuffed a long time ago, but eating before hunger strikes is still a problem. I know it is due to too much snacking. I know what my problem is, but am having a problem changing the habits. But I will not stop trying. I know that what I'm eating is not the problem, it's when.

DH has not been feeling well the past week, and he has been eating mostly just fruit. He says he is hungry for a big fat hamburger, but is afraid to eat it. It's obvious that he has lost weight, and he says he now weighs less than I do. I'm jealous, but hope I don't get whatever is wrong with him and hope it's just a passing thing for him. You never know at 74.

Cheryl, your traveling sounds like fun. I can relate very much to what you're going through, like your statement here. Good luck to you on getting back to business.

I just lost my oomph somehow and I gave up thinking I could successfully lose the weight and keep it off. I didn't believe in my own ability to do it, so I decided to stop going through the motions. And that's how I ended up back here.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #208
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Carol. Actually, I just took a hard look at my finances and I had a very rude awakening. I have spent more of my savings than I realized so I'm going to be making my food stretch as long as I can and drinking lots of water and coffee for the rest of this month. I have to buckle down and keep living like I'm poor so I can restore the money I had in my stash. I've been totally in denial, I guess.

So I have bacon and eggs in the fridge and I will be eating those cause they are perishable and the stuff in the freezer is safe for later on. Gotta start acting like an adult! Terri, I hope you're doing well on your plan. Where'd you go?

Carol, I hope your husband feels better soon and can put some weight back on. Don't you just wish you could give him some of yours?
is all you really need.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:25 PM   #209
TerriMM
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Gals,
Itís been a wild week. Sorry to be MIA. I was actually surprised to see how long itís been.

Doing okay. We had the office potluck this week. Did well with that, but not so well with the leftovers. Trying to get back on track this weekend. Seems that all I want to eat lately is starch. Not sure what thatís about. Sometimes I think I could live on French fries.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #210
CherylB
Big Yapper!

That sounds like me, too. If I have that stuff in the house, I always eat it until it's gone, then I work my way down to the foods I'm eating cause there's nothing else around. Sounds like the pot luck was nice though. Did you have fun?
is all you really need.