Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #271
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Good morning everyone....

Woke up to wind and rain. There are high wind warnings for up to 60 MPH wind today. The cocnuts and palm fronds will be flying. We are eating at an outside restaurant this evening. Fortunately there are sliding glass doors and undercover area. We prefer to sit oceanside, but don't think that will work!

PAC..my aunt was diabetic and her craving for sweets was overwhelming. She was type 1 and had to have injections a good part of her life. She was always slender, though! Wish I had inhereted her legs! There is a need, craving or whatever when you are diabetic that I think is almost impossible to overcome. Don't blame yourself!

I see Trig on another low carb site. She is still doing zero carbs.

Had another good day of minmal food yesterday. I'm starving this morning, though Hopefully some of my excess fat will be consumed! The pills for my heart are not helping me shed my extra weight, though. I'm a good ten pounds more than I like to be, but I will just have to bear with it for a while, I guess.

The wind and rain have really picked up as I am writing this. The ocean is really churning. No surfers this morning!

Hooe you can get a run in today, Kris.

Continued prayers GB.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #272
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Good morning everyone....

Woke up to wind and rain. There are high wind warnings for up to 60 MPH wind today. The cocnuts and palm fronds will be flying. We are eating at an outside restaurant this evening. Fortunately there are sliding glass doors and undercover area. We prefer to sit oceanside, but don't think that will work!

PAC..my aunt was diabetic and her craving for sweets was overwhelming. She was type 1 and had to have injections a good part of her life. She was always slender, though! Wish I had inhereted her legs! There is a need, craving or whatever when you are diabetic that I think is almost impossible to overcome. Don't blame yourself!

I see Trig on another low carb site. She is still doing zero carbs.

Had another good day of minmal food yesterday. I'm starving this morning, though Hopefully some of my excess fat will be consumed! The pills for my heart are not helping me shed my extra weight, though. I'm a good ten pounds more than I like to be, but I will just have to bear with it for a while, I guess.

The wind and rain have really picked up as I am writing this. The ocean is really churning. No surfers this morning!

Hooe you can get a run in today, Kris.

Continued prayers GB.
Hey SB Thanks for the prayers!

Sounds like you have the life. Must be nice. But from what I have gathered about life, is that no matter what we have. If we live like Trump or someone in Mexico, we all find our places of what we come to know as good.

And for so many of us, it's a little expensive. The guy in Mexico in a cardboard shack may bring home some clams. To them it's special and they feel fortunate to have them.

For you it's restaurants by the ocean. For me, we can't really afford to eat out. But we do take off from time to time for a get away. We eat in our room at the resort. It's enough for us.

Those are some of my musings on life today. So glad you have joined the thread SB. Hi Kris
Hi PAC
Old 01-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #273
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Sorry about the spike PAC. I can only imagine that it is very hard to manage all of that. You face the same vicious circles we do trying to lose a pound but it's more important for you as your health is at risk. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be complaining about my big rear-end because you & GB & others are facing much worse things that you are fighting to fix. I am still lucky in some ways - being relatively healthy (so far) and still able to get out and run even if it isn't helping me drop weight like I want to. I remember my dear Mother having to give herself Insulin shots daily. I can't imagine how she even did it; I guess we all adapt to what we HAVE to do to try to survive. She still died pretty young and I still miss her.

Sometimes GB I can't figure out what makes me happy?? I live a pretty simple life. With the kids grown and us retired we probably could afford to travel to a bunch of places I've always wanted to visit but I still just don't do it. Am I too lazy to plan it all?? I don't know. Just drift along doing the same old thing year after year. Actually stay home a lot more than we used to, not so much hanging around the local breweries eating and drinking like we used to. Been trying new recipes, tonight was sausage, pepperoni, lots of cheese and a tiny bit of pizza sauce all just microwaved on a plate like a pizza with no crust at all. Not a 'new recipe' of course, just a little throw together with few carbs. LOL. It was OK but as I was eating it I was thinking "ya this is low carb but man it's high calorie & fat!!!!" Didn't seem very healthy and I'm sure it wasn't weightloss friendly.

I did research the diet pill. WOW it had a bunch of bad side effects. Now I'm scared to take it too. I had asked my own dr two days ago for appetite depressants cause I don't seem to be able to do it on my own but she refused to give them to me. I'm going to keep trying on my own but I keep backsliding. Nothing has changed.
21 Aug 2017 - 139
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #274
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Sorry about the spike PAC. I can only imagine that it is very hard to manage all of that. You face the same vicious circles we do trying to lose a pound but it's more important for you as your health is at risk. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be complaining about my big rear-end because you & GB & others are facing much worse things that you are fighting to fix. I am still lucky in some ways - being relatively healthy (so far) and still able to get out and run even if it isn't helping me drop weight like I want to. I remember my dear Mother having to give herself Insulin shots daily. I can't imagine how she even did it; I guess we all adapt to what we HAVE to do to try to survive. She still died pretty young and I still miss her.

Sometimes GB I can't figure out what makes me happy?? I live a pretty simple life. With the kids grown and us retired we probably could afford to travel to a bunch of places I've always wanted to visit but I still just don't do it. Am I too lazy to plan it all?? I don't know. Just drift along doing the same old thing year after year. Actually stay home a lot more than we used to, not so much hanging around the local breweries eating and drinking like we used to. Been trying new recipes, tonight was sausage, pepperoni, lots of cheese and a tiny bit of pizza sauce all just microwaved on a plate like a pizza with no crust at all. Not a 'new recipe' of course, just a little throw together with few carbs. LOL. It was OK but as I was eating it I was thinking "ya this is low carb but man it's high calorie & fat!!!!" Didn't seem very healthy and I'm sure it wasn't weightloss friendly.

I did research the diet pill. WOW it had a bunch of bad side effects. Now I'm scared to take it too. I had asked my own dr two days ago for appetite depressants cause I don't seem to be able to do it on my own but she refused to give them to me. I'm going to keep trying on my own but I keep backsliding. Nothing has changed.
Good for your doctor for not giving you legal meth

Well Kris, old King Solomon who was mentioned in prayers at the inauguration had it all so to speak. Fame and fortune. He tried everything he could think of to make life worth while.

Then he would conclude "vanity, vanity, all is vanity and vexation of soul..."

I mean he said that with the real meaning of the words, because he was wise that he could really see the emptiness of most pursuits. they lead no where. So he concludes "fear God and keep His commandments, that's the sum of the matter."

It's not what we want to hear per se. But that's the real bottom line.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:07 PM   #275
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Kris, I am not surprised that your doctor would not give you appetite suppressants,. but I'm glad. I believe they are only given to obese patients, those whose weight is severely harming their health. You know that's not you. Those pills would only be a band-aid that would temporary cover up the real issue, and you would end up gaining back anything you lost. You CAN do this!

Seabreezes, Type 1 diabetes is completely different from type 2. It is an autoimmune disease. The body is not working properly. Most are thin because it's so difficult to regulate their blood sugar. The thinness is part of the disease and not always a good thing. Type 2 is usually brought on by poor habits over time and can be prevented. I am not a sweet eater at all. I don't even like a sweet taste. But I am an overeater and always have been. I have to work very hard to overcome it. I can control my blood sugar by limiting carbs, eating small meals and moving more, and really, I feel better when I do that. But the old me who loves to overeat is always sitting on my shoulder telling me, "Go ahead. Eat some more. You can get back on plan tomorrow!" I'd like to shoot that B. LOL It is just something that I have to deal with. Many people have worse things and overall, I'm lucky. I just start feeling sorry for myself sometimes.

I hope you enjoy your dinner out. It sounds so beautiful to be dining like that, watching the ocean, even from inside an enclosure. Very relaxing and romantic. I can't imagine. We have never been to Hawaii, and right now it's the very long flight that's stopping us. I don't know if I could do it.

It's terrible that the meds we have to take to stay alive have such unwanted side effects. One diabetes med I'm on is known to help with weight loss, but the other is known to cause weight gain. Guess which one's winning! LOL And a heart med I'm on is known to cause diabetes. But I need it to keep my heart beating properly. Sometimes I think I will just quit them all and let nature take it's course. I might be surprised. I know GB would say to go to more natural treatments, and I would consider that, but then I think "What if I'm wrong?" So I continue to take the meds and hope for the best. Every morning that I wake up is a gift.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #276
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Yes PAC I guess I'm not surprised either that my doc wouldn't prescribe anything for me. But I have had prescriptions & OTC appetite depressants in the past that really did help and didn't cause me any problems (that I know of). Every few years I like to ask. I'm so tired of yo-yoing with no real progress. Here I am back to square one AGAIN. I do great for a couple weeks and then all it takes is a couple of regular meals and I'm back up. Because I lack control I guess. I went out with the group last night and 3 of them now have had the 'sleeve' weightloss surgery in Tiawana and all are quite successful. They had ONE taco each, 7 or 8 chips and a jumbo margarita. I had only 2 tacos, maybe 10 chips and one beer. Pretty much al I had al day. I don't eat that much more than them but the weight is falling off of all of them. One is already skinnier than me. It's permanent tho, they will never be able to eat a big meal ever again in their lives. It was a tough decision for them. We are all going to Jamaica together this Spring and they won't be able to really enjoy those "vacation buffets".
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #277
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

There are articles about the change in "gut biome" for people who have WLS and that helps in the weight loss. The surgery is now used to help people with diabetes as it seems to disappear after the surgery, too.

There is so much that goes on with the human body...I've decided it is almost impossible to out guess it!

My wieght went up after the past 3 days. I had virtually no carbs and only ate half of the 2 meals we had out - cobb salad for one dinner and prime rib with sautéed spinach for the other. The meds are really playing havoc with my system. UGH! It's actually a bit scary. I talk to my doctor later in the week after more blood tests.

A beautiful day here after 3 days of devastating winds.

Take care....PAC, GB and Schaferk

Last edited by Seabreezes; 01-23-2017 at 11:13 AM..
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #278
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There are articles about the change in "gut biome" for people who have WLS and that helps in the weight loss. The surgery is now used to help people with diabetes as it seems to disappear after the surgery, too.

There is so much that goes on with the human body...I've decided it is almost impossible to out guess it!

My wieght went up after the past 3 days. I had virtually no carbs and only ate half of the 2 meals we had out - cobb salad for one dinner and prime rib with sautéed spinach for the other. The meds are really playing havoc with my system. UGH! It's actually a bit scary. I talk to my doctor later in the week after more blood tests.

A beautiful day here after 3 days of devastating winds.

Take care....PAC, GB and Schaferk
I hear ya SB The human body is often hard to figure. In my cancer research, what works for one person, doesnt mean it will work for someone else. Too many variables.

Not to mention where God fits in. Back when Jesus actually walked among men, eyesight was never known to be given to one born blind. A leper? They were known to receive miraculous healing from time to time.

My point is, that among all the variables there are, if God is factored in, well then....all the variables change. The impossible can happen too.

I'm glad you are joining in with us SB . Not too long ago PAC joined us and now we wouldn't know what to do without her steady input. Right Kris?

What happened to Jaz? Of course time forbids me to mention Kyla, and the girl with the horse....name started with a M. ???? Was it Marsha? Or Myra? Or Merna?

And Miss Kitty Of course there have been others in this thread, some have had their footprints cast in cement on the walk of fame.

There were the days when Trigger and Blueskies used to grace us with their wisdom. But those days are gone now

Yet this thread still continues and stands tall. Tho she is small without many members....still her stars and stripes remain in the brutal battle against the unwanted enemies of health.

May we all join together and keep this vision alive together. united we stand. Together we shall neither fall nor fail.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:29 PM   #279
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

GB Trigger, Jaz, and BlueSkies have moved to another site/forum. I think MadMarsha and Kyla are still on here from time to time but I don't see them much. I miss them. And yes sure glad PAC and Seabreezes have joined us!!
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 PM   #280
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB Trigger, Jaz, and BlueSkies have moved to another site/forum. I think MadMarsha and Kyla are still on here from time to time but I don't see them much. I miss them. And yes sure glad PAC and Seabreezes have joined us!!
I meant fail nor fall....but pretty much the same thing. Yes...yes it was mad marsha. She was always so mad. I could never figure it out until one day it hit me.....mad marsha.!!! Duh....of course. She is mad marsha.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 AM   #281
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All! Nothing much new to report for me. Finally after a week I've dieted back down to the low I was at Been walking outside AND at the mall and sticking to fish mostly.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!!
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #282
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Glad the scale is being friendly. I really think being able to be outside and moving around just helps us feel good, no matter what.

The 2 pounds I go up and down with are down today. Tomorrow they will probably be up!

We had pouring rain yesterday. Today is looking better.

Hubby is playing in a bridge tournament this week. No cooking needed as they go out to dinner between games. The freezer is coming up wiith some interesting combinations for me! I'll go out with friends tonight, though.

Hope you all have a lovely day....
Old 01-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #283
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Glad the scale is being friendly. I really think being able to be outside and moving around just helps us feel good, no matter what.

The 2 pounds I go up and down with are down today. Tomorrow they will probably be up!

We had pouring rain yesterday. Today is looking better.

Hubby is playing in a bridge tournament this week. No cooking needed as they go out to dinner between games. The freezer is coming up wiith some interesting combinations for me! I'll go out with friends tonight, though.

Hope you all have a lovely day....
I agree SB. Get outside and keep moving. So glad you have joined our humble thread.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #284
Signalguys
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Signalguys
Hello

Hello. I'm new here and have been looking around to get the hang of the boards.

Chris
Signalguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:52 AM   #285
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Signalguys!! Glad to have you join our little thread! It's not a real busy one; a small group that struggles with staying focused without slips. But we all keep plugging along, sharing things that work for us so we can learn from each other.

No change for me today. I am determined to get there tho - seeing myself in mirrors at the mall yesterday re-enforced the fact that I need to drop some pounds before vacations! I'm motivated! Actually I'm up a pound in my yo-yo cycle but I ate some salty stuff yesterday (didn't over do tho). Hopefully water-gain holding.
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-26-2017, 06:54 AM   #286
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, sometimes I see myself in mirrors at the mall and don't even realize it's me at first! It can be a real eye opener. I'm plugging for you, that you can do this!!
Old 01-26-2017, 07:53 AM   #287
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalguys View Post
Hello. I'm new here and have been looking around to get the hang of the boards.

Chris
Welcome Chris. This is the best thread to share your heart in. Talk about your success or your failure or your plans to succeed.

If you are looking for recipes, this thread only offers a little of that. If you need support and understanding or accountability....you have found a good thread, I think.

So come back again and tell us about yourself.

Good morning Kris, PAC and SB
Old 01-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #288
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Had a busy morning getting blood tests, hubby's hearing aid repaired and gas for the car.

Had a light eating day yeaterday, weight the same. At least it isn't going up, but I want it to come down!!

Busy packing as we leave Saturday. I will probably only post very minimal for the month of February. Internet will be spotty and can be expensive on the ship if used too long.

Welcome Signalguys.....

Yes, mirrors in windows or shopping centers can be a bit much! At least we are out and about and that is the main thing!
Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #289
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been wavering from plan and am up a couple lbs. Time to get back to business. The month is coming to an end soon and I want to stay lower than I started, at least.

Hope you have an enjoyable vacation, Seabreezes.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:58 PM   #290
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All! Just popping in to say hi! Another cold day here, had a headache & got no exercise today Started out bad cause had to go Olive Garden for the "endless pasta special". Youngest DD's birthday & she picked it. I do like it OG but really wasn't in the mood to eat at all, let alone pig out on pasta. I ate quite a bit and brought some home, I'm sure it will be a bounce back up in pounds tomorrow - I'm there with you PAC going the wrong direction. But I'll jump on board with you and try to start Feb at less than I started January!! If we do that every month for the rest of the year we'll be awesome!

Have a great time Seabreezes!

GB
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #291
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi All! Just popping in to say hi! Another cold day here, had a headache & got no exercise today Started out bad cause had to go Olive Garden for the "endless pasta special". Youngest DD's birthday & she picked it. I do like it OG but really wasn't in the mood to eat at all, let alone pig out on pasta. I ate quite a bit and brought some home, I'm sure it will be a bounce back up in pounds tomorrow - I'm there with you PAC going the wrong direction. But I'll jump on board with you and try to start Feb at less than I started January!! If we do that every month for the rest of the year we'll be awesome!

Have a great time Seabreezes!

GB
H Kris, PAC and SB where did signalguys go? We couldn't have been nicer I just smelled my underarms and they're ok....nothing to keep people away from us.

What did we do wrong? All of us are kind of cute in our own little ways. We show up. We report. We give out hugs, the whole nine yards. Maybe we just aren't good enough

I feel like a rejecto
Old 01-29-2017, 04:24 PM   #292
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

GB! You had me laughing again!! Thanks I needed that!! Where is Signalguys?? He only posted that one post to us and then nothing else anywhere to anyone. He'll be back He will miss our adorable selves!! How are you feeling GB?? Still hanging in there with the treatments?

Long day for me, staying mostly home, away from food & drink. I walked 3 miles up to rent 2 movies all bundled up in ski bibs & a facemask. It's cold and 17 mph winds. yuck. You are so lucky to be in sunny California!! I love CA. We watched both movies already and ate salmon, broccolli & spinach, a few black beans & a litte skim milk. Pretty low carb, trying to fix the damage of yesterday's pasta & Friday's peanut butter beer
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #293
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB! You had me laughing again!! Thanks I needed that!! Where is Signalguys?? He only posted that one post to us and then nothing else anywhere to anyone. He'll be back He will miss our adorable selves!! How are you feeling GB?? Still hanging in there with the treatments?

Long day for me, staying mostly home, away from food & drink. I walked 3 miles up to rent 2 movies all bundled up in ski bibs & a facemask. It's cold and 17 mph winds. yuck. You are so lucky to be in sunny California!! I love CA. We watched both movies already and ate salmon, broccolli & spinach, a few black beans & a litte skim milk. Pretty low carb, trying to fix the damage of yesterday's pasta & Friday's peanut butter beer
Peanut butter beer? Wow.

I'm feeling good. I'm fighting cancer in my own unique way. Most people with my cancer (or all cancers) would immediately surrender their brains to the medical establishment. Let them do the thinking, while their insurance pays for it.

The few who go alternative have no insurance to cover costs. I pay a lot of money every month for PPO insurance. They are off scott free as I have to foot the bill for my smart care.

But I was thinking, even as my kind of cancer should kill me in less than 5 years, no one has probably ever attacked in the exact same way as me.

Sure, many have switched to raw foods. Many have added in their apricot kernels. They might be getting their vitamin C infusions. Or they have gone to Germany or Mexico.

But none, I suspect, have done exactly wahat I am doing, and that gives me a measure of hope. And my wife is being so nice to me too. That makes me really happy. Cancer doesn't like happy people. Too many good chemicals in happy people.

So yeah, as we speak I have ozone gas inside my colon. i made the gas with two devices. I fill up a special bag and do a rectal insufflation. That puts ozone into my blood thru osmosis.

Prior to that I had a special bag (its all special, because ozone gas will eat up plastics and rubbers) around my leg where I filled it up with ozone and let it soak into my skin where the tumor is.

On top of that I make ozone water and drink it. I clean my mouth out with it too. Nothing escapes ozone. Every pathogen in my mouth and those that set up shop in my root canal, must bow before the god of ozone and give up the ghost.

Well, that's one of my weapons. Cancer is like a baseball hitter, it adapts. You need to throw it curve balls, fast balls, sliders and change ups and sinker balls. Keep it off balance. Stay happy too.

I'm glad I made you laugh Kris. I hope our visitor comes back, but if he doesn't he will never know the deep joys of this tiny little thread in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 01-29-2017 at 06:00 PM..
GoBahnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:40 AM   #294
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning people. I woke up thinking about my last post and I could see my arrogance creeping out once again.

I am just hoping my attack plan on cancer is the smarter choice. I don't mean to imply that those who go conventional are not smart. And again, it's sad but true, that people often must go conventional for more than one reason.

One big one being financial. Their insurance will only cover conventional medicine. They might like to go alternative, but who's gonna pay for it? And other cancers are in places in the body where alternative measures are probably sure to fail.

So there, I confess my arrogant way at times. Thankfully I usually see it later and can make confession. I have also chosen to be kind of flip with my cancer, simply because it helps me to feel in control. For others, a more serious approach helps them feel in control.

We are all different and we fight our battles differently. I certainly don't want to offend other victims of cancer with the way I talk about it. So forgive me if I have stepped on toes in here. I'm thinking of those who don't post, but just read a long.

This February I would have gone under the surgeon's knife. So far I seem to be stable. I will take stable for the rest of my life over radiation and a surgery that would have really messed my leg up, with the possibility of staff infection and or blood clots.

Living with a lump isn't that bad. Yesterday I was able to jog a little more normally. I had been favoring my right leg, but more for the hip area. I think I was moving in the direction of eventual hip replacement. A buddy of mine is my age and he is almost bone on bone in the hip area.

I am using my PEMF device and some joint supplements to heal my hip. Plus I'm into getting as much oxygen into my tissues as I can these days. I do believe the body wants to correct itself if it's given the right building blocks and sometimes the help it needs from an outside source like PEMF.

Anyway, that's the morning confession and report. Sorry I only talked about myself. I do read a long on your posts, but so often all of our posts simply repeat themselves no? But that's ok, just hard to think of new ways to respond to old routines and habits.

I haven't been careful with my diet for a while now. That's why I don't talk about it. Everyday I do manage to choke down the cancer fighting nutrients and the scores of sups. But I get hungry for crunchy food and I indulge here and there.

It helps me feel normal and it seems to really make me happy. I'm telling you, I had no idea how powerful the vanity motivation was. When I used to imagine myself all buff and think about people seeing me shirtless and admiring me....I was able to sacrifice big time to obtain that dangling carrot.

And I obtained it. I held it for years. Lost it and got it back. Held it for more years. Then my stomach skin began to sag over my slight six pac of abs. So when a person was approaching me I would take my tee shirt and place it over my stomach until they passed by.

So, I did those years. I got lots of head turns, but you never knew exactly what they were thinking. "Get your shirt back on dude, you look like a proud peacock strutting your stuff and nobody cares dude."

That's how I see men who strut it now. If you notice, a lot of them will look at your eyes for a second to see if you're noticing them. Most wear sunglasses so you can't see that. I do believe there is a lot of insecurity going on out there. I speak from experience.

But the worst part of the whole thing is that all along I knew that God hates a proud look and haughty eyes. Yeah, He says so in the Old Testament. So during those years I had God on the back burner of my heart, a place He despises.

Wow, long post huh? Sorry guys Have a great LC day.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #295
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Don't apologize GB. You are posting your thoughts, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you need an outlet for your thoughts, and this is a great place for it. You are going through a lot, and it is causing your thoughts to go places they have not been in the past. Diet and weight loss are not important right now, looking buff and getting admiring looks are not important right now, but fighting your cancer is, in whatever way you feel is best. Some people who follow traditional treatment get rid of their cancer and go on living. Others do not, no matter what they do. I think it depends a lot on the type of cancer you have. I have to admit I don't know many people who have or have had cancer, so I don't know of anyone who followed unconventional treatment. That is not to say they don't exist or that it doesn't work. Just that I have no experience with it.
My 66 year old nephew is following conventional treatment, but he has a different type of cancer than you. They tried chemo and it didn't help, so they are now using a different drug. The cancer shrunk a bit at first, but now it is just staying the same. He is happy that it isn't spreading, and his only side effect is lack of appetite and weight loss, but he's a big guy to begin with. To look at him you would never know he is a cancer patient. The doctor told him it could never be cured, but he could live a long time with it. Who decides how long is "a long time?" His mother lived to age 85. His father died in his 40s. I'm just relating what I know. You are the first person I know of who is following unconventional treatment. I hope and pray that it works and you also live "a long time." I'm glad your wife is being nice to you, too.

I had a funny thing happen to me yesterday. We were standing in a restaurant waiting to be seated. An old man walked by. He poked me in the belly and said "You pregnant?" LOL I didn't know whether to be insulted that he thought I looked pregnant, or flattered that he thought I looked young enough to be pregnant. DH said to go with the latter.

Nothing else new with me. My weight has been staying the same, and I'm not doing a whole lot to change that. Just maintaining for now.

Keep up the good work Kris. Your food and drink fests are becoming fewer and farther between, and that's good. Knowing that you can indulge once in a while will help you stay on track.

Peanut butter beer?????

Hope you're having fun, Seabreezes!

Maybe Signalguys thought we are idiots! LOL
Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #296
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the encouragement PAC but I'm feeling so disappointed right now. I'm back up 2 and a half pounds above sig weight. I just can't figure this crap out. I am going out MUCH less as you said but I'm still doing no better. Still up. I've got to get past this and make some progress. whine whine.
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-30-2017, 01:37 PM   #297
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

From my calculations, you went up, but not to your restart weight. You might fluctuate, but each time you lose, you will go a little lower. Don't get discouraged. Getting discouraged can make you throw in the towel. Just keep doing what you're doing....watching, in between social days. It will happen.

I am up a couple too, but still down from my restart weight of 207. It's hard, but it won't beat us!!!

I had such a good dinner today! I had grilled salmon, with brussels sprouts and carrots, with a small baked potato. Yummy! DH eats salmon sometimes, but he didn't want it today so I grilled a steak for him. It used to be if he didn't want something I didn't eat it either, but I've changed. I got tired of not having things I like because he didn't want them. I am hoping not to have any snacks this evening. That is my downfall. I can go all day without eating and it doesn't bother me, but once my stomach gets some food it wants more and more.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 01-30-2017 at 01:41 PM..
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #298
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Don't apologize GB. You are posting your thoughts, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you need an outlet for your thoughts, and this is a great place for it. You are going through a lot, and it is causing your thoughts to go places they have not been in the past. Diet and weight loss are not important right now, looking buff and getting admiring looks are not important right now, but fighting your cancer is, in whatever way you feel is best. Some people who follow traditional treatment get rid of their cancer and go on living. Others do not, no matter what they do. I think it depends a lot on the type of cancer you have. I have to admit I don't know many people who have or have had cancer, so I don't know of anyone who followed unconventional treatment. That is not to say they don't exist or that it doesn't work. Just that I have no experience with it.
My 66 year old nephew is following conventional treatment, but he has a different type of cancer than you. They tried chemo and it didn't help, so they are now using a different drug. The cancer shrunk a bit at first, but now it is just staying the same. He is happy that it isn't spreading, and his only side effect is lack of appetite and weight loss, but he's a big guy to begin with. To look at him you would never know he is a cancer patient. The doctor told him it could never be cured, but he could live a long time with it. Who decides how long is "a long time?" His mother lived to age 85. His father died in his 40s. I'm just relating what I know. You are the first person I know of who is following unconventional treatment. I hope and pray that it works and you also live "a long time." I'm glad your wife is being nice to you, too.

I had a funny thing happen to me yesterday. We were standing in a restaurant waiting to be seated. An old man walked by. He poked me in the belly and said "You pregnant?" LOL I didn't know whether to be insulted that he thought I looked pregnant, or flattered that he thought I looked young enough to be pregnant. DH said to go with the latter.

Nothing else new with me. My weight has been staying the same, and I'm not doing a whole lot to change that. Just maintaining for now.

Keep up the good work Kris. Your food and drink fests are becoming fewer and farther between, and that's good. Knowing that you can indulge once in a while will help you stay on track.

Peanut butter beer?????

Hope you're having fun, Seabreezes!

Maybe Signalguys thought we are idiots! LOL
Awwww, you are so nice PAC That guy who joked about pregnancy was horrible!!! Just horrible. What a jerk. You just don't ever do that. Ever!!!!!

This morning was kind of rough as my wife talked with some cancer expert guy on the phone. i really hesitate to talk to anyone who knows a lot about cancer. Because the first thing most of them let you know is just how screwed you are.

They are all so full of bad news. Well, its because cancer patients usually don;t bode well for a bright future. Personally I don't care to hear the truth about it all.

When it comes to God and the here after....tell me the TRUTH. But when it comes to cancer, I'd rather do my own research and develop my own truth. Because from what I keep learning....nobody knows very much about the stupid disease.

Some won't even say its a disease, but rather a symptom of something else wrong within. Ok...that makes sense. I'm just trying to live my life out best I can.

If you listen to every voice out there you will be a nervous wreck. So just pray and use your common sense. then pray some more. All things are possible with God!!!!
Old 01-31-2017, 05:15 AM   #299
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

PAC I agree with GB that it was a super horrible thing for the old guy to say to you. Just awful. I can't believe it. Sometimes people think they can do and say anything because they are old. You took it well and I hope you can ignore the old fool.

GB I understand you not wanting to hear all the bad crap. You have such a good attitude and are so positive about treating your cancer. But we have to keep praying and maybe some little thing your wife learns about someone's experience may help you in some little way. It makes my heart happy that she is being such a rock for you and helping you research. I just keep praying.

I'm still just plugging. Back down to 141 but no new loss. Just think if I had stayed strict on plan I'd be into the 130's Well that's why I'm here on the backslide thread But feeling strong today, gonna try to be good
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 01-31-2017, 07:03 AM   #300
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I agree with you that I would not want to hear the gloom and doom about the cancer. I would want to feel that there is a way to beat it and feel confident that I will find the way. The most important thing about living is your quality of life for however long you live, and I would rather live with an upbeat attitude like yours than a downer attitude like they seem to be offering.

I didn't get too upset about what the old guy said and did. True, it was rude and I think if his wife had heard him she would have been mortified. I guess I am naive, that I don't take offense at things people say. I always assume that they didn't mean any harm, and didn't mean it the way it sounded because that's the way I am. Fact is, my belly is very big compared to my size. There's fat there, but it sticks out more because of my surgeries where they cut down through my muscle. Twice. In fact, it sticks out farther on the left side than the right if you really look close. I often say that I look pregnant, and DH tells me not to say that. Just shows that you should never judge a person by the way they look, as you don't know what brought them to that point.

Kris, if you could just imagine how ecstatic I would be to weight 141.