Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-31-2017, 08:05 AM   #301
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
PAC I agree with GB that it was a super horrible thing for the old guy to say to you. Just awful. I can't believe it. Sometimes people think they can do and say anything because they are old. You took it well and I hope you can ignore the old fool.

GB I understand you not wanting to hear all the bad crap. You have such a good attitude and are so positive about treating your cancer. But we have to keep praying and maybe some little thing your wife learns about someone's experience may help you in some little way. It makes my heart happy that she is being such a rock for you and helping you research. I just keep praying.

I'm still just plugging. Back down to 141 but no new loss. Just think if I had stayed strict on plan I'd be into the 130's Well that's why I'm here on the backslide thread But feeling strong today, gonna try to be good
Well said Kris, about the old fool. Good to hear that you feel good about LC today and you're still in the fight.

I know I will need to listen to stuff my wife or I hear. I hope I'm doing the right things. The old guy on the phone yesterday told her a tumor this big has to be removed or it will metastasize to the bone and or break thru the skin and start to drain.

I keep thinking, kill it in place. Keep an eye on it, and play it by ear. Keep bagging it in ozone gas as much as I can. Take my sups. Try to be good. Pray hard.

Not much to report. I'm in this group thread of 5 other guys from my church where we get together and discuss marriage every few months. The thread is used to coordinate our meetings.

One of the guys likes to put up inspirational quotes or links. I often will comment on those. You know, acknowledge the guys input. The other men including the two leaders, don't say much.

Well we just had a meeting that went really well. Three of the guys are on life support with their marriages. I know what that's like, so I texted and suggested that next meeting could be at my house and I also tried to encourage the guys to hang in there and don't jump ship.

Well, out of 5 guys, not one responded to my invite. Not wanting to confront them directly about this sad affair, I tried texting to them in parables. That's what Jesus did a lot of, because His listeners were dull of hearing.

Well no one caught on to the parables either. So yesterday (it's been a few days) the one inspirational guy (Bill)texts a "good morning...." and gives us a quote. So I texted back and asked him if he prefers a good morning back to him or nothing?

One guy pipes up and mocks me a little. Bill texts that he has no expectations. Which I simply do not believe. So I began to instruct them all about common courtesy and how saying good morning in response is not too hard. It's like when someone waves to you, you wave back or you can be cold hearted too. Depends on who you are. Friendly or not friendly.

So I did manage to get the bees to come out of the hive. One of the leaders said he follows chat room protocols in the thread. I texted back that our thread isn't a chat room and that if we aren't careful one of our members could go missing in action.

Anyway, it felt good to confront them, even tho I never reminded them that no one said a word about my invite. I'm certainly not going to say another word either. I'm telling you, men can be so aloof. No wonder their wives don't like them. Dull of hearing. They act like they don't care.

Just say good morning sometimes. Is that too hard?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #302
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning people. Here's the latest on the group thread drama.

Well the main leader guy decided to have fun yesterday, so he was the first to text a good morning. He NEVER initiates a text unless at some point it is for the purpose of a meeting time. And the second leader followed quickly with "GM".

I gave them a chuckle and congratulated them both. After a bit, Bill texted a good morning and the other two guys never checked in all day.

I don't know what to make of these guys. I realize a group thread shouldn't be taken too seriously. My life is so boring that I place too much importance on my cell phone chirping at me to let me know someone talked to me.

We all know the drill. It's either a fun text from someone you like or it might just be informational and not fun. But I used to like it when I could get the guys to interact in a meaningful way on the group thread. Lately it's just become too weird for me.

None of them could acknowledge an invite??? That's too weird for me. I just want to steer clear of the whole thing for now. I hate being involved in stuff that becomes a temptation to bitterness and resentment. ya know what I mean?
Old 02-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #303
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Well GB that has definitely become a weird situation with the guys. It seems that men are harder to read than women?? Good Grief?? Crazy stuff. I guess if I were you I'd lay low for awhile too.

Just finished my outside walk, a little chilly but I made it. I have not been doing very well with LC but have been watching calories. Had a bunch of engagements this week so it's been difficult juggling even calories. I know tonight I'll have to eat what's there, but it usually includes stuffed mushrooms so I'm going to try to keep it lower carb & no alcohol. Tomorrow night I can order salmon at least
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #304
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well GB that has definitely become a weird situation with the guys. It seems that men are harder to read than women?? Good Grief?? Crazy stuff. I guess if I were you I'd lay low for awhile too.

Just finished my outside walk, a little chilly but I made it. I have not been doing very well with LC but have been watching calories. Had a bunch of engagements this week so it's been difficult juggling even calories. I know tonight I'll have to eat what's there, but it usually includes stuffed mushrooms so I'm going to try to keep it lower carb & no alcohol. Tomorrow night I can order salmon at least
Well they just don't feel the need to talk as much. Especially to other men. Especially when it involves texts.

You know, texting started with young girls texting their friends. Then the boys caught on a little. After quite a few years, adult women realized it was very useful to text.

Finally men began to realize that texts could be helpful in business situations. And with great reluctance they capitulated to it. But there is still a mental block going one. Some men still do not text at all.

I find it very useful. I hate talking on the phone. Texts are a great way to break into someone's day without requiring them to drop everything to talk to you. They can text back in two hours or whatever.

But still, it was an invite and it got ignored. Jesus told a parable of a King who wanted to have big party. He told his servants he wanted his massive banquet room filled with guests. But the initial people on the guest list largely ignored the invite.

This greatly displeased the King, so He sent His servants out into the highways and byways to bring in the lame and the blind in order to fill His house to the full.

I appreciate that parable more now, having experienced a sense of insignificance due to no one responding to my invite. I deserve to be insignificant....so I'm only getting justice. But that King should never have been ignored by those under His rule!!!
Old 02-01-2017, 12:17 PM   #305
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
DH does not text and thinks it's stupid. He says just call the person, but he doesn't understand that maybe you want to tell someone something but don't want to get into a long conversation. And I agree, GB, that the person can reply when it's convenient for them. My step-son started texting when he could text his buddy at work and the boss didn't know it was going on. I don't have unlimited texts, so I don't like when I tell something something and they text back "OK." or "LOL" That just uses up a text for me needlessly. I've told my kids that, but they have unlimited so they still do it.

Also, I have a friend, a former co-worker who is constantly sending me pictures of her kids. Once in a while is OK. I try not commenting, thinking she will realize she's doing it excessively, but then she text me and asks if I got the picture. We also email. She could send the pics in email and it wouldn't cost me a text each time.

You know, GB, you are different from most men. You are more willing and even eager to discuss your feelings outwardly, and most men are not. So this could be why you didn't get a good response from them. Feelings, oh oh oh, Feelings. LOL

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-01-2017 at 12:20 PM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #306
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
DH does not text and thinks it's stupid. He says just call the person, but he doesn't understand that maybe you want to tell someone something but don't want to get into a long conversation. And I agree, GB, that the person can reply when it's convenient for them. My step-son started texting when he could text his buddy at work and the boss didn't know it was going on. I don't have unlimited texts, so I don't like when I tell something something and they text back "OK." or "LOL" That just uses up a text for me needlessly. I've told my kids that, but they have unlimited so they still do it.

Also, I have a friend, a former co-worker who is constantly sending me pictures of her kids. Once in a while is OK. I try not commenting, thinking she will realize she's doing it excessively, but then she text me and asks if I got the picture. We also email. She could send the pics in email and it wouldn't cost me a text each time.

You know, GB, you are different from most men. You are more willing and even eager to discuss your feelings outwardly, and most men are not. So this could be why you didn't get a good response from them. Feelings, oh oh oh, Feelings. LOL
I keep forgetting that not everyone has been able to get unlimited texting. To me it seems like the no brainer way to go.

But we all adapt differently and some remain dinosaurs for a long time. You rasise some good food for thought. And yes I am more like a woman than a lot of men. Because women aren't all bad.

I take the good female traits and use them and leave the rotten traits behind. Kidding of course.

Both men and women fail. We are often offended by the failures of others, while looking past our own short comings.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #307
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness PAC I don't know how you make it without unlimited texting. I text constantly because I'm not person who likes to talk on the phone. I LOVE texting. I will say I hung on a long time without it and thought I would not be able to do it because I'm technology challenged but my DD's finally convinced me to try it and I loved it from Day 1. But I understand because it happens to me when we go to Mexico - they charge .50 per text and I tell people NOT to text me but of course they all come flooding in and I have to pay for them for the entire week. I still have a few friends around here that refuse to even get "texting" phones at all, still just have the little flip phones. Whatever works I guess. I hate it when I text friends that DO have unlimited texting and they text back "call me". JEEZ. If I wanted to call them, I would have. I hate phone talking. duh.

I didn't do well eating tonight at the dinner I had to go to It was pretty bad. No alcohol, but lots of deep fried bad crap Tomorrow is another day. Just do better.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #308
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh my goodness PAC I don't know how you make it without unlimited texting. I text constantly because I'm not person who likes to talk on the phone. I LOVE texting. I will say I hung on a long time without it and thought I would not be able to do it because I'm technology challenged but my DD's finally convinced me to try it and I loved it from Day 1. But I understand because it happens to me when we go to Mexico - they charge .50 per text and I tell people NOT to text me but of course they all come flooding in and I have to pay for them for the entire week. I still have a few friends around here that refuse to even get "texting" phones at all, still just have the little flip phones. Whatever works I guess. I hate it when I text friends that DO have unlimited texting and they text back "call me". JEEZ. If I wanted to call them, I would have. I hate phone talking. duh.

I didn't do well eating tonight at the dinner I had to go to It was pretty bad. No alcohol, but lots of deep fried bad crap Tomorrow is another day. Just do better.
Ha ha Kris you made me laugh. Right....if you wanted to call them you would have. Duh.

I have this crazy guy who lives in my back yard and he can text, but he will often call me instead. I have told him over and over that I hate to talk on the phone, but he never learns.

So he calls and leaves a 3 minute blabbering message and i answer back with a short text "yeah go ahead and rinse your shorts out on the lawn."

Three solid minutes of telling me more than I would ever want to know about his goings on with the main question dealing with permission to rinse his shorts off.

This morning I had a series of texts with a client to change up the start date on a job. I was like Whew....glad she was ok getting pushed back a few days. Then the phone rings and it's her!!! I'm like....I aint answering that!! Let her leave a message.

Instead she texts and asks me to call her. Yuck. So I finally called her, expecting to get chewed out or something for making her wait longer.....nooooo, it's just to ask me if it's ok for her to go to the doctor's Tuesday and leave the dogs in the house.

I said "no problem." But why didn't she just text me that I will be alone with the dogs for an hour on Tuesday? I mean, before texting came in vogue, I used to dislike phone calls. But now I hate them all the more.

And some people just don't know how to shut up. They repeat themselves and just can't get off the phone. But if it's a text, they don't repeat themselves 4 times.

Awww Kris, we found something to bond over.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:42 AM   #309
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Exactly GB!! Why do crazy people not understand the obvious. I don't get it at all. (I get it in PAC's situation) I used to have to pay for texts too at first. But most all my friends now have unlimited and they still just text "call me" "call me". A major pet peeve we can bond over! I'm glad somebody else gets it cause my buds around here surely don't. They get mad when I refuse to call. I text back "I can't call you I'm in a grocery store, what do you want?". So then they say well just call when you get to the car. Again DUH. Don't want to do that, gotta drive. They have wasted more time texting me telling me to call them than if they just said what they wanted in the first place. I give up
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #310
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Exactly GB!! Why do crazy people not understand the obvious. I don't get it at all. (I get it in PAC's situation) I used to have to pay for texts too at first. But most all my friends now have unlimited and they still just text "call me" "call me". A major pet peeve we can bond over! I'm glad somebody else gets it cause my buds around here surely don't. They get mad when I refuse to call. I text back "I can't call you I'm in a grocery store, what do you want?". So then they say well just call when you get to the car. Again DUH. Don't want to do that, gotta drive. They have wasted more time texting me telling me to call them than if they just said what they wanted in the first place. I give up
I guess they figure that they want to say too much to type it all. For them, typing is a hassle I guess.

For me it's kind of therapeutic. I have to time to say something just the way I want to and go back and delete stupid stuff too or change a word.

So there are writers and talkers. My DW is good at both.

Boy I sure could use something to make me feel like losing weight. I thought for sure the cancer was my cure to being fat. But noooo. It kind of brought on this depression and uncertainty that left me wanting to comfort myself.

And we all know about comfort food. I still avoid eating most toxic stuff and I gag down the gross drinks. But I am not being a very good boy with my diet and drink.

Can't wait for Spring to get here. I love the local green on the hills. Nothing like green hills in the sunshine. When I was younger I didn't notice the changes in season as much. But I grew to really appreciate those few months of green with the special wild flowers that pop up here and there.

It is just a happy sight to see new growth and lush weeds on the sides of the roads (in the country areas).

Last Spring my DW and I went up to Santa Barbara in some nice sunny March weather. I thought we were going to have a blast, but I said something wrong and it all went right out the window.

Look who talks too much I write too much. Yesterday one of the guys in the group thread asked for prayer for his sick sister. Three of us guys affirmed we'd pray. But the leader guy who messed with me by saying good morning (Am I losing you Kris?) the day before, never texted to say he would pray. Why not?

It only takes one word "praying". No need to ask questions and start a conversation, but just one word to show support I don't get it. I don't care how busy you are. You can text it after drive around or after you meet with business partners.

I could say maybe he forgot. But it's just his style. To him texting is for high school girls. Ok, but you're a leader in a marriage group. The guys in bad marriages need to feel cared about!!!!

It's just way too easy to start feeling resentful and then you're at a bar and then you're getting a phone number..... But that's way less likely to happen to a guy who thinks of his friends who show their care and concern sufficiently. That's just my opinion
Old 02-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #311
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Look who talks too much I write too much. Yesterday one of the guys in the group thread asked for prayer for his sick sister. Three of us guys affirmed we'd pray. But the leader guy who messed with me by saying good morning (Am I losing you Kris?) the day before, never texted to say he would pray. Why not?:
Not losing me, I'm with you. It's too bad he couldn't just take a minute and be nice and help somebody, give them hope
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-02-2017, 08:50 AM   #312
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Not losing me, I'm with you. It's too bad he couldn't just take a minute and be nice and help somebody, give them hope
The thing is ....he really is a great guy. He is an Elder at our church. They have to give up time to go to meetings and determine decisions for the church. It's not fun stuff.

I like the guy in person. I'm just trying to understand his reluctance to chime in more often. He just doesn't see it. That's all. I don't expect you to know why either.

I just wanted to vent. It's all the guys in the group. They all bug me at different times.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #313
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

So here's my thing with my cell phone. First of all, I don't communicate much with people. I email with 2 friends, but we rarely get together or call, etc. After I retired and lost my work related cell phone, I got a Tracfone, just to have a phone if necessary. We still have our landline, and one is actually an old corded phone on the wall in the kitchen. LOL Most of my calling is done on that phone. Very few people have my cell phone number. Mostly just my DH and step children to reach me in an emergency. Now I have upgraded to a Smart Phone Tracfone. However, it requires a smart person to understand how to work the Smart Phone, so I still can only talk and text. I pay for 1 year of service which includes 1200 call minutes, 1200 texts and 1200 data minutes. I rarely use the call minutes or the data. So if I use all the 1200 texts before the year is up, I have to buy more time, which I don't want to do. So that's why I don't like the "OK" and "LOL" texts using them up. I pay $99 per year for this. Where could I get unlimited calls and texts for that price? And why pay for a better plan when I don't really use it?

I don't like when my step-daughter texts me with a big long conversation back and forth 20 times. If you have that much to say, call. Usually if she texts me something that is going to be a long conversation, I tell DH to call her. She's his daughter. To me, texts are for short little comments. My daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I have seen her look at the screen and let it go to VM. If I call her, it's usually just to ask her one quick question and it's usually something I need to know right away. I never call her just to chat. I told my step-son that, so now she's better at answering when she sees it's me. One time around midnight I took DH to the ER and they admitted him. I tried to call them and both went to VM. So they didn't know until the next morning that his father was in the hospital. Some things ARE emergencies!

And I think texts should be for things that don't require an immediate response. At the recipient's convenience.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #314
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So here's my thing with my cell phone. First of all, I don't communicate much with people. I email with 2 friends, but we rarely get together or call, etc. After I retired and lost my work related cell phone, I got a Tracfone, just to have a phone if necessary. We still have our landline, and one is actually an old corded phone on the wall in the kitchen. LOL Most of my calling is done on that phone. Very few people have my cell phone number. Mostly just my DH and step children to reach me in an emergency. Now I have upgraded to a Smart Phone Tracfone. However, it requires a smart person to understand how to work the Smart Phone, so I still can only talk and text. I pay for 1 year of service which includes 1200 call minutes, 1200 texts and 1200 data minutes. I rarely use the call minutes or the data. So if I use all the 1200 texts before the year is up, I have to buy more time, which I don't want to do. So that's why I don't like the "OK" and "LOL" texts using them up. I pay $99 per year for this. Where could I get unlimited calls and texts for that price? And why pay for a better plan when I don't really use it?

I don't like when my step-daughter texts me with a big long conversation back and forth 20 times. If you have that much to say, call. Usually if she texts me something that is going to be a long conversation, I tell DH to call her. She's his daughter. To me, texts are for short little comments. My daughter-in-law rarely answers her phone. I have seen her look at the screen and let it go to VM. If I call her, it's usually just to ask her one quick question and it's usually something I need to know right away. I never call her just to chat. I told my step-son that, so now she's better at answering when she sees it's me. One time around midnight I took DH to the ER and they admitted him. I tried to call them and both went to VM. So they didn't know until the next morning that his father was in the hospital. Some things ARE emergencies!

And I think texts should be for things that don't require an immediate response. At the recipient's convenience.
We forgive you PAC for not being hip and current.

You are in a different category from these guys i'm venting about. Most people out here in california that have lots of friends and contacts, we all have unlimited everything.

But like Kris said, back in small town mid-west , she knows lots of friends who are more in your type of situation PAC.

No big deal. It's once you get the feel for texting rather than calling, it's hard to go back.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #315
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday! Just a pop in. Nothing to report. Didn't weigh today, went a little over on quantity of food yesterday and a couple (well 5) Miller Lites Food was pretty decent, Yellow fin tuna steak with Asian slaw & little rice with veggies in it. But the beer sadly probably bounced me up. I'll find out tomorrow. Spent today trying to work it off Walked my 3 miles outside (freezing by the way) and added half hour of stationary bike/light weights to kick up the calorie burn. I am really trying to stay on track on my graph for weightloss. Can't be bouncing up. I should have known better than to drink the beer. I didn't have the flavored fattening kind but should not have had any. Going to be a challenging weekend, Super bowl and all I'm staying home this Friday night just to avoid food and drink, going to be pretty boring.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 02-03-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Old 02-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #316
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Friday! Just a pop in. Nothing to report. Didn't weigh today, went a little over on quantity of food yesterday and a couple (well 5) Miller Lites Food was pretty decent, Yellow fin tuna steak with Asian slaw & little rice with veggies in it. But the beer sadly probably bounced me up. I'll find out tomorrow. Spent today trying to work it off Walked my 3 miles outside (freezing by the way) and added half hour of stationary bike/light weights to kick up the calorie burn. I am really trying to stay on track on my graph for weightloss. Can't be bouncing up. I should have known better than to drink the beer. I didn't have the flavored fattening kind but should not have had any. Going to be a challenging weekend, Super bowl and all I'm staying home this Friday night just to avoid food and drink, going to be pretty boring.
Five Miller lites is nothing. You will be fine. Have a nice weekend Kris

Who's your team for the Superbowl?
Old 02-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #317
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, if I had 5 beers, even light ones, you would be picking me up off the floor and carrying me to the car. LOL I remember once I fell out of a booth at Tx Roadhouse after 2 margharitas. Purse dumped out all over the floor. I was a mess! DH had already started toward the door, turned around, and I was nowhere in sight.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #318
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

GB I'm just not sure it was worth it - staying home made a very boring Friday night and I'm still up a pound after a very low food day so nothing lost at all in a couple weeks. Still at 140 Gotta try harder. Just had one egg, one pc bacon.

PAC How you doin? I understand your whole cell phone thing. I went a long time without texting at all and then just had limited at first. I'd be lost without it now. I wonder how I ever kept tabs on my teenage girls without cell phones I have come to rely on texting now. Not facebook so much but some of my friends that don't have texting rely on messaging thru FB which is free for them and they don't have to get texting on their phones.

I am disappointed in myself that I've not 'really' lost and am still yo-yo-ing. I've really changed my eating to lots more healthy stuff, but of course some of those things have carbs like the fruit, lots of veggies, and 100% whole wheat bread occasionally. The once a week beer jacsk it right up and then it's a week recovering so guess that has to be cut out too I will really miss my beer. Granite City has $5 growlers today and tomorrow (that's a whole pitcher of their home craft beer). I'll have to go with DH, he loves it but I'll pretend to drink more than I am Yeah right
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 02-04-2017 at 06:49 AM..
Old 02-04-2017, 06:54 AM   #319
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Kris, if I had 5 beers, even light ones, you would be picking me up off the floor and carrying me to the car. LOL I remember once I fell out of a booth at Tx Roadhouse after 2 margharitas. Purse dumped out all over the floor. I was a mess! DH had already started toward the door, turned around, and I was nowhere in sight.
OMG that's scary. I think our posts crossed a bit ago. But anyhow, I know 5 is way too much beer. But sadly, I can drink 10 and still walk. I did fall once too and had a concussion so I have curtailed my drinking. But I had 2 before dinner waiting for the late people just sitting around. Then ate a big slow meal at an expensive restaurant with water (instead of $9 beers!) THen they went to some happy hour place that had 3 for 1 drinks. GOOD GRIEF! So I had 3 more beers. I was Ok cause so much time had passed. Margaritas are WAY strong tho. I can only drink one of them too
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #320
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG that's scary. I think our posts crossed a bit ago. But anyhow, I know 5 is way too much beer. But sadly, I can drink 10 and still walk. I did fall once too and had a concussion so I have curtailed my drinking. But I had 2 before dinner waiting for the late people just sitting around. Then ate a big slow meal at an expensive restaurant with water (instead of $9 beers!) THen they went to some happy hour place that had 3 for 1 drinks. GOOD GRIEF! So I had 3 more beers. I was Ok cause so much time had passed. Margaritas are WAY strong tho. I can only drink one of them too
Don't get me started on beer. Hi Kris
Hi PAC Hi SB Where's Kyla? She was funny wasn't she?

Beer. Wow. I love that stuff. I hate hard drinks. A margarita tastes good, especially because of the salted rim....but I hate the hard liquor. I used to drink it when I'd go to a bar as a young single guy. It was cheaper than beer and I was broke.

I'd take my own flask inside and order a Scotch rocks and then refill it in the bathroom. That's how broke I was. Those were the days. Boy, now a single guy has to rely on social media to meet a girl....I think.

If you're at a bar you need an app that helps you find the girl in the bar or at another bar where you drive over there and find out she looks nothing like her picture.

I'm just guessing from what I've heard. I'm glad I found my DW the old school way. What a great memory. I was just sure I'd never get anywhere with a looker like her and she was a great dancer. Real dancing, Swing and Two Step, etc.

But to my surprise, unlike the disco places, I was a big fish in a little pond. Guys with hair on their head, instead of being bald under a cowboy hat, where hot stuff. Next thing you know we got married. Then I got dumped.

I knew she was too good for me. Awwww well, she takes good care me now in my old age. I will die in peace.

So who are we for in the Super Bowl? I want Brady to get another ring, simply because the guy deserves it. I don't care about New England. I also didn't like all the flak Brady took because the balls were slightly under inflated.

I don't think he knew. The other team played with the same balls. Give the guy a break. He is just a great quarter back. And he seems like a pretty decent guy from what little I have seen. But I don't know much about him.

Anyway, I like to see history made. I even liked watching Tiger Woods win. Even tho he proved to be lacking in character. I forgive easily, because I can relate to struggling with good character. That's why I love the gospel. Bad boys need saving.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #321
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! I don't have a favorite team for Super Bowl this year GB. I'm staying home on the couch. Walked the cemetary this morning early and now home staying away from all friends and parties. We had planned to venture out somewhere, but I changed my mind because of what I did yesterday - pre-game party at our home Harley dealer's and over ate AND over drank again. I cannot be trusted. The whole day was just disgusting. I thought I could pop into the party and get out of there without a mess up but they had some surprise goodies to stick in my hand as soon as I walked in & things just kept going downhill. Hadn't expected things to go like they did. Anyway, only myself to blame but end result, I can't go anywhere today cause gotta make up for yesterday's damage. Feel bad for hubby, but he had fun yesterday. All kinds of bad food and a craft beer soaked in a whiskey barrel for 6 mos It was quite good and "hard to quit" as those actors say in Hollywood DUH. I may never win at this diet game. I get one step ahead and fall back two.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #322
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all! I don't have a favorite team for Super Bowl this year GB. I'm staying home on the couch. Walked the cemetary this morning early and now home staying away from all friends and parties. We had planned to venture out somewhere, but I changed my mind because of what I did yesterday - pre-game party at our home Harley dealer's and over ate AND over drank again. I cannot be trusted. The whole day was just disgusting. I thought I could pop into the party and get out of there without a mess up but they had some surprise goodies to stick in my hand as soon as I walked in & things just kept going downhill. Hadn't expected things to go like they did. Anyway, only myself to blame but end result, I can't go anywhere today cause gotta make up for yesterday's damage. Feel bad for hubby, but he had fun yesterday. All kinds of bad food and a craft beer soaked in a whiskey barrel for 6 mos It was quite good and "hard to quit" as those actors say in Hollywood DUH. I may never win at this diet game. I get one step ahead and fall back two.
ihear ya Kris. Right now I am just trying to stay happy and not get too stupid. But I don't want to let myself go into the self loathing style, which seems to be where you live a lot of the time.

I guess with cancer I am not as concerned about being fat. I probably should be, but I just don't want to go there. I want to enjoy life. And trying to be slim and fit is such a unhappy journey these days.

It was only ever good for me when I thought it might bring me love and acceptance.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #323
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

I get it GB. You have to concentrate on beating the cancer right now. I am still praying for you. But also can't imagine how awful it is to go thru it.

I'm finally back to 'square one' AGAIN; after the big bounce from the Super Bowl beer. I really am into trying lots of recipes & making us really healthy good food right now. Problem is that "healthy" stuff has calories & carbs too My fridge is full of fresh veggies & fruits I have not made any progress in an entire month so can't be happy or proud about anything I'll just keep trying. My trip to Jamaica is only 6 months away now so that 10 pound loss is getting harder and harder to achieve. We had a 50 degree day yesterday so I actually RAN for the first time this season It felt good. Going to be back down in the 20s tonight tho so short lived Planning another short run this morning before it starts dropping in temp.

PAC & Seabreezes Hope you are doing well.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #324
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I get it GB. You have to concentrate on beating the cancer right now. I am still praying for you. But also can't imagine how awful it is to go thru it.

I'm finally back to 'square one' AGAIN; after the big bounce from the Super Bowl beer. I really am into trying lots of recipes & making us really healthy good food right now. Problem is that "healthy" stuff has calories & carbs too My fridge is full of fresh veggies & fruits I have not made any progress in an entire month so can't be happy or proud about anything I'll just keep trying. My trip to Jamaica is only 6 months away now so that 10 pound loss is getting harder and harder to achieve. We had a 50 degree day yesterday so I actually RAN for the first time this season It felt good. Going to be back down in the 20s tonight tho so short lived Planning another short run this morning before it starts dropping in temp.

PAC & Seabreezes Hope you are doing well.
Nice going Kris
Yes, good food has cals and carbs too, but I am super proud of you for stocking your ffride with fresh produce. Good going!! That makes a cancer patient happy to hear.

Sounds like you are trying hard right now I'd like to see you happier, even when you blow it. It's important to be happy. Not stupid happy. Their are times to grieve too, but I don't like seeing you controlled by food and drink, in terms of happiness.

If you blow it, enjoy the blow and try not to get down on yourself about it. Then try not to blow it again. When you do, enjoy the blow and get back on track.

I watched the Bachelor last night with my DD. My wife refuses to waste her time. Good for her, but my DD and I like to comment about the various choices the people make on the show.

We see Nick as one of the worst guys to do the show. He keeps sending home really great girls, while keeping this immature, young girl who leads with her body.

My goodness did they give him some really cute, smart girls to pick from this year and he keeps sending them home while keeping this little trouble maker around. Maybe the producers kind of force that, because they want drama for ratings.

But last night Nick tearfully told the remaining handful of gorgeous women that he wasn't sure if the whole process was going to work. It was almost like he's quitting the show already.

I don't get the dude. I mean the whole process of finding a wife that way is ridiculous of course. Any woman who gets on the show is revealing something sad about their decision making abilities. Who in their right mind would want to get engaged to a guy who has spent several weeks making out with a variety of women and putting his hands all over them?

No one accepts that behavior in the real world. Why get involved with it then on TV? And so many of them cry their eyes out because the guy doesn't want them the most.

Anyway, Nick appears to be looking for someone who doesn't exist. I think he preferred to be competing with other men for the girl. It probably pumped his ego to try to be the last man standing. But other than that, he had a fine girl on the Paradise series last time and then after playing around with her for a while, inexplicably dumped her.

He gets bored of women really fast. I think he's bored with the remaining 6 r so and he just wants off the merry go round.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #325
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All. Nothing new with me. No loss, no gain.

GB, I have only watched The Batchelor once and it was not this season. It's not for me. I feel it is just for entertainment and isn't realistic. I know there are some people who are like that IRL, but most are not, IMO. That's not to say that I don't like fantasy. I have been watching soap operas for the past 20 years, and nothing is more fake them them. LOL I just got drawn in, probably the same as you did with Batchelor. I remember years ago they had a show "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?" The women all had to "try out" and this one particular woman fought hard to win, and she did. Then when it was time to marry the guy, she didn't want to. She just got caught up in the competition and wanted to win, but not be married to the guy. Do you remember that show?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #326
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good to hear from you PAC! I never watched either show, Bachelor or the Millionaire one. I don't do the Reality ones. I like the happy simple ones like Andy Griffith, etc, and more recently like "This is Us' & 'Too Close to Home". I loved 'Parenthood' but usually when I grow to love a show they end it. All time fav is Walking Dead of course!!I do watch hours and hours of TV. I know its not good for me - sitting in front of a screen is the "new smoking" they say Seriously it is really bad even tho I exercise my hour or two a day. I try to cut it back but haven't been successful yet.

My weight is still bouncing. Had a brief bounce into the 130's which was exciting but it went right back up soon
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 02-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #327
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good to hear from you PAC! I never watched either show, Bachelor or the Millionaire one. I don't do the Reality ones. I like the happy simple ones like Andy Griffith, etc, and more recently like "This is Us' & 'Too Close to Home". I loved 'Parenthood' but usually when I grow to love a show they end it. All time fav is Walking Dead of course!!I do watch hours and hours of TV. I know its not good for me - sitting in front of a screen is the "new smoking" they say Seriously it is really bad even tho I exercise my hour or two a day. I try to cut it back but haven't been successful yet.

My weight is still bouncing. Had a brief bounce into the 130's which was exciting but it went right back up soon
Hi Kris and PAC
you guys are wise to not watch the show. i never watched the millionaire one, but i remember it. seems it didn't last long.

the one thing about the new show is that there have been several successful marriages with children in the world now. that's pretty real.

i have always been interested in the guy girl attraction, so i like to watch and see how the guy or girl carries themselves on the show. it can get really slow tho.

it gets better towards the end when you try to figure out who's going home and who stays. they do a good job of editing so you can't really know for sure who he likes more.

i pick my favorite on the first show and she usually does pretty well, some have won. so many good looking women, but only a few with the x factor.

but nick is a player. they should not have picked him. the show has had good ratings when the guy is classy and is true marrying type. im sure the watching audience is very put off by nicks interest in this year's bad girl.

id think a guy would really think things thru before doing the show. so that you don't soil your public image for life.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #328
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

I'm lonely, so very lonely..... It's a song.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:48 AM   #329
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/166/145
WOE: NSNG/Fung fast
Start Date: October 2013
Checking in after eons to say a quick hello! Don't know if I'm going to be back on a regular but just letting you guys know I'm alive and well!

Restart: 2/16/2017 184
Low: 4/26/2017 166
Current: 5/3/2017 168
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #330
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
Checking in after eons to say a quick hello! Don't know if I'm going to be back on a regular but just letting you guys know I'm alive and well!
Back Marsha Kris will be so happy. I'm a guy , so we don't get too excited about anything. But good to hear you're alive.