Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #361
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
GB! How are you doing? What? Nothing to say with all this "lady talk"?!? Anyhow, what you up to? Have you been riding your bike? Everybody around here where I live is being fooled with this warm snap in February. People are out running, riding bikes and motorcycles. Hard to even explain what it means to us in this region to see SUN and high temps at this time of year. We latch on and hold on tight to every crumb of feeling good instead of shivering under a blanket looking out the window at clouds and snow for weeks straight. This is awesome, even if short lived.....

Just got back from 4 mile walk/jog. It was GREAT!!!!
21 Aug 2017 - 139
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #362
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Marsha, I don't want to discourage you from the Fung Thread. But if you read it, you will see what I mean. I hope none of those people read this because they were nice people, I just think some of them were too obsessed with it. Just my opinion, but trying not to be judgemental. I am not losing weight, so I have no room to talk about what someone else is doing.

I eat breakfast most days, but now that I'm retired it's not until 10-11 o'clock. Closer to lunch, but it's usually eggs, so it's breakfast food. Usually no lunch because I just ate breakfast, and we eat dinner early, around 4-5. That makes a nice eating window as long as I stick to it.

I have a lot of socks too. I wear white sport socks with my athletic shoes, mostly only when I'm exercising. I have a pair of shoes that I use in my exercise room that have never seen the outside or touched concrete. LOL They are just for exercising. I used to walk outside when I was younger, 3 miles a day. After all my medical issues I am afraid that I will get a mile away from home and have something happen, so I use my treadmill and elliptical and if something would happen I'm here at home and DH is here.

With jeans, I wear regular shoes or short boots, so I wear black or brown socks to match the color of the shoe.

I don't buy anything that can't go in the washer and dryer. Too lazy to be doing hand washing. I don't have much spandex. I exercise in french terry capris and cotton tank tops.

Kris, I think our weather is similar to yours. Normally cold snowy winters and hot muggy summers. We saw a lot of bikes out yesterday. DH has a muscle Camaro that he will be getting out soon.

Poor GB. Really, this probably doesn't interest him in the least. What else can we talk about to make him feel loved and wanted? LOL

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-19-2017 at 11:01 AM..
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #363
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Marsha, I was just over reading on the Fung Fasting thread. The people posting there now are not the same people who were posting when I was, back around the end of 2016 except for one guy who has been doing extended fasts for a good while now.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:05 AM   #364
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/166/145
WOE: NSNG/Fung fast
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Marsha, I don't want to discourage you from the Fung Thread. But if you read it, you will see what I mean. I hope none of those people read this because they were nice people, I just think some of them were too obsessed with it. Just my opinion, but trying not to be judgemental. I am not losing weight, so I have no room to talk about what someone else is doing
No, it's okay. I watched a couple interviews on u Tube Dr. Fung did and I got a lot out of it. It's really helped clarify things. I don't know if this will jump start fat loss but I'm hoping.

Just read your follow-up post so maybe I will hop over there. I basically self-fast anyway. I was looking for how to "tweak" it.

Restart: 2/16/2017 184
Low: 4/26/2017 166
Current: 5/3/2017 168

Last edited by Madmarsha; 02-20-2017 at 04:12 AM..
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:35 AM   #365
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
GB! How are you doing? What? Nothing to say with all this "lady talk"?!? Anyhow, what you up to? Have you been riding your bike? Everybody around here where I live is being fooled with this warm snap in February. People are out running, riding bikes and motorcycles. Hard to even explain what it means to us in this region to see SUN and high temps at this time of year. We latch on and hold on tight to every crumb of feeling good instead of shivering under a blanket looking out the window at clouds and snow for weeks straight. This is awesome, even if short lived.....

Just got back from 4 mile walk/jog. It was GREAT!!!!
Hi Kris, PAC and Marsha I didn't mind the lady talk. I did well to not get caught up in it

That's so great that you guys got some nice weather in Feb Kris

As you know, we are spoiled rotten here in So. Cal. Cold days are in the 50's. We get a few of those in the Winter. I'm going to a men's retreat this weekend and I'm so glad it won't be raining.

This is my third year in a row with little to no rain all three years. I like the retreats a lot in my old age. As a younger a man I'd probably have felt more lost. I didn't know how to fit in with so many guys.

At meal times lots of round tables fill up with friends finding each other. I look for the table where a guy is by himself. I join him and I have had thebest conversations drawing the guy out of his shell (if he's that type).

I am a little miffed at men for their lack of communication willingness. I vented in here before about no response to my invite. Five men and all five didn't say a word after I extended the invite.

That might overflow out of my mouth as I'm talking to a guy this weekend. But I won't mention names. I'm trying to not be bitter. But I do understand more now as to why a lot of wives are turned off by DH.

I like this weekend's speaker. In fact he was one of the guys all by himself at a table last year. He tends to have a pained look in his face, while remaining joyful in Christ. He is like a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief.

So I look forward to hearing him speak about glory. Glory. We all want some. The Olympics are a classic display of the human quest for glory. We were built for it. Eve got convinced that she was lacking enough glory, so she decided to eat that fruit. And then she lost a of of the glory she had.

All of her descendants feel it. We sense it. Weight loss is often motivated by an attempt to get compliments or glory from others. We glory in a thin body and hope to be the envy of others.

A lot can be said about glory. Many of us are heading for glory after this life. Others for shame.

Ok....I'm done for this morning. Have a great LC day friends
Old 02-20-2017, 07:26 AM   #366
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB, I believe that if you give up your quest for Glory, it will be given to you, overflowing. Does that make sense?

I think women do themselves a disservice when they have trouble with their man not opening up more. It is one of the differences between mean and women. Viva la difference! I got used to the way DH is. The few times he does open up, he ends up laughing, because he's amazed himself that he did it. Maybe you will lead the other guys to open up. Someone has to be the leader and get things rolling. If they see the way you are they will realize they want to open up. Why would they go to the retreat if they didn't want to improve themselves?

Marsha, I hope the Fung thread is helpful to you, and they might learn some things from you. I didn't want my comments to stop you from reaching out.

This pair of undies I'm wearing today seem a little ratty. They will go into the trash, and then I will only have 69 pairs. LOL
Old 02-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #367
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This pair of undies I'm wearing today seem a little ratty. They will go into the trash, and then I will only have 69 pairs. LOL
Heh. One more wear.

There were a few things I got rid of that were hard. They fit and were fine but I just never wore them. I had to have a talk with myself that they were mistakes, so get rid of them now for someone else. It's not that many pieces but it sure streamlines the closet and makes it easier to see, both literally and figuratively, some things that I will wear that were getting lost.

I think this fasting thing is working. I'm down another pound!

Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #368
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on another pound Marsha!! Fasting does work, I LOVE fasting. I'm hoping to fast a couple of days this week. Going to do what PAC & GB have suggested and try to fit the alternate fasting into my week. I ate light today but have a birthday party tomorrow night and a dinner Thursday so can fast Wed & Friday. Maybe the "All or Nothing" will work for me Even tho I love the feeling of fasting, it is still hard and always will be. Takes a strong dedication. But so worth it. I always feel good once I make it thru but I don't make it as much as I used to. I guess I just give up too easy in my old age Not giving up this time. Really want to lose 10 in 4 weeks. Won't be easy I'm writing down every bite that goes into my mouth and weighing every morning.

Yes GB You guys are spoiled out there in CA! But I'm very happy for ya. It's great out there. We have set a new record high here in Rock Island for the last 4 days straight. It has been fabulous I must admit. Tomorrow is expected to break another record, 75 degrees is forecasted I swear people just don't know how to act. Everyone is running around crazy in shorts and flip flops and just talking about the weather. Bright sunny days and California Blue skies. I walked twice today, didn't try to run but will tomorrow. Then Friday will be cold again, high of 33 and snow predicted for Saturday. duh.
21 Aug 2017 - 139

Last edited by schaferk; 02-20-2017 at 03:38 PM..
Old 02-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #369
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congrats on another pound Marsha!! Fasting does work, I LOVE fasting. I'm hoping to fast a couple of days this week. Going to do what PAC & GB have suggested and try to fit the alternate fasting into my week. I ate light today but have a birthday party tomorrow night and a dinner Thursday so can fast Wed & Friday. Maybe the "All or Nothing" will work for me Even tho I love the feeling of fasting, it is still hard and always will be. Takes a strong dedication. But so worth it. I always feel good once I make it thru but I don't make it as much as I used to. I guess I just give up too easy in my old age Not giving up this time. Really want to lose 10 in 4 weeks. Won't be easy I'm writing down every bite that goes into my mouth and weighing every morning
The way Dr. Fung talked about how HE fasts (granted, he's a man and doesn't need to lose weight) just made sense to me and allayed my concerns that I wasn't doing it "right". Like it's not about 7 days of 24-hour fasting. So I can easily do a 16/8 split. And on some days if I just can't, then I can't. And I'll eat (and right now, that's happening. So I hope that will get better as this becomes the norm and that I accept that it's okay that it's the norm. Meaning, permanent). It's still about keeping the stuff out of my mouth that I shouldn't. But I'm back to drinking my iced coffee without any sweetener which is not that much in itself but is sort of a good marker of where my head is at meaning it's in a good place which means it's easier to not eat that maple French toast bread that's sitting on the counter.

Last edited by Madmarsha; 02-20-2017 at 07:56 PM..
Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #370
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB, I believe that if you give up your quest for Glory, it will be given to you, overflowing. Does that make sense?

I think women do themselves a disservice when they have trouble with their man not opening up more. It is one of the differences between mean and women. Viva la difference! I got used to the way DH is. The few times he does open up, he ends up laughing, because he's amazed himself that he did it. Maybe you will lead the other guys to open up. Someone has to be the leader and get things rolling. If they see the way you are they will realize they want to open up. Why would they go to the retreat if they didn't want to improve themselves?
My point was that we all feel this sense of being built for glory. Certainly not built for the opposite....shame.

I don't feel that I am on some unique quest for glory. I feel I am on a common quest for glory, or significance is also related to it.

I think your suggestion might apply to someone obsessed with getting glory. Those people are usually very unlikable and prideful beyond the norm. For them, then I say yes to your suggestion.

In other words, humble yourself and God will lift you up. So yes, that makes sense and it's biblical.

But I hope I am not a person obsessed with getting the glory.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:55 AM   #371
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Up early again today because I don't want to miss any of the 3 days of 'good' weather we have left before the ice and snow comes back. Sounds silly but so true. Cant wait to get outside.

I think I will go back and review some of the Fung threads Marsha. Its been a while and probably need to review.

GB You retreat this weekend sounds fun. I've never done something like that. Hope you enjoy. What kind of stuff do the guys do there?? Or is it a 'secret'??

Sadly no change in my weight yet. Since I've gotten 'older' the losing is slower to happen even after a couple days of being pretty good on plan. No immediate "drop" like there used to be
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 02-21-2017, 07:09 AM   #372
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

GB I didn't mean you specifically, but more like "If a person gives up their quest for glory, it will be given to them." As if given to them by God. The way you said it, Humble yourself and God will lift you up. So that's what I meant. Somehow I always get myself in trouble when I try to talk to you. I feel that you take what I say the wrong way. But we can talk it out and get it straight. It is not me, to say something critical about another person.

I think you are having very nice weather where you are, but not all of CA is. I feel bad for those who are having the bad storms and flooding. Some have died, and some are losing everything. That's very hard to think about.

Marsha, I am in tune with the way you fast and I try to do something similar. My intention is to eat between 11 and 5 or so, but I get very tempted in the evening. My evil twin is sitting on my shoulder telling me I did so good all day that I can eat something else in the evening, when I know from past experience that skipping the food in the evening is what give me a lower number on the scale the next morning. I did this before I ever heard of IF. When I did it before I just thought it was going to bed on an empty stomach that did it. I had heard that when you're sleeping, your body is supposed to be repairing, and if it's digesting food that interferes with the repairing.

I used to be a really big sweet eater. When I started eating a lot of veggies I think I changed my taste buds to want a more savory taste. Now sweets taste sickeningly sweet to me. I can eat things like a butter cookie, or a bland cake with no icing. Icing? YUK! Way too sweet! Even when I was still eating things like pancakes and waffles, I put butter on them, but not syrup. It actually give me the chills to think of that sweet taste. It's such a good thing that I made that change because I ended up developing diabetes and cannot eat sweets without a big spike.

Enjoy your good weather Kris! We are having it too. Gets bad again at the end of the week. I think losing might be slower for you because you are doing the alternate days, but it will come. You are just working things out so you can still enjoy your socializing, and I think that fasting on the off days will eventually cause you to cut back on your eating and drinking on your social days.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-21-2017 at 07:12 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #373
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had heard that when you're sleeping, your body is supposed to be repairing, and if it's digesting food that interferes with the repairing
You know, that makes so much sense. I don't think I've ever heard that before. I love to know the "whys" (part of the reason I landed here and continue to read up) rather than just, Oh, this is the prevailing wisdom so just go with it (look where that got us, huh?). That will really help me in the talk with myself when I think I'm hungry at night, so thank you!
Quote:
I used to be a really big sweet eater. When I started eating a lot of veggies I think I changed my taste buds to want a more savory taste. Now sweets taste sickeningly sweet to me. I can eat things like a butter cookie, or a bland cake with no icing. Icing? YUK! Way too sweet! Even when I was still eating things like pancakes and waffles, I put butter on them, but not syrup. It actually give me the chills to think of that sweet taste. It's such a good thing that I made that change because I ended up developing diabetes and cannot eat sweets without a big spike
As dearth as my diet is now of all things sugar, I still .. and I suspect always will .. have a sweet tooth. But I love the savory, too. The two together? YES, PLEASE! I have always thought icing "too sweet" but I'd still eat it. Same with the syrup. I wish I had inherited more of my mother's constitution. She never understood my love of sweets and sometimes it was hard to entice her to eat more than one of her dark chocolate "buttons" from the local chocolatier. But growing up a dark chocolate hater, I did finally learn to love it and can even tolerate a very bitter content. So that's progress.

Yes, Kris, I know you love your beer and I THANKFULLY don't!! So I don't miss it. Maybe I feel that way about cheese if I finally need to ditch it to lose more weight. It makes me mad because cheese is almost a deal breaker. My "favorite things" are already so limited now. So I know it's a struggle. I think you are probably harder on yourself than you need to be. I think you've done wonderfully well, though, within the parameters you have and are active so, really, all that's good because the alternative would be to not enjoy your life. (hope this is coming across in the spirit I intend!)

Old 02-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #374
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

I haven't lost for so, so long but basically at least maintained (meaning I still fit in my clothes). But I did gain some back where they still fit but only in the technical sense that I could wear them but they were TIGHT! So I needed to nip that in the bud.

But, here's the thing that I'm totally gigged about now, I feel like I did back at the beginning when I lost and realized, HEY, this does work, meaning I am compliant with little whining. I don't dare to try to do the math, though, and hope for even 5 pounds a month which would mean 20 pounds down by the time I go to the beach. But maybe!

I dunno, enjoying that it's "easy" right now because of my mindset and will strive to continue getting that embedded in my psyche as I renew my inch loss goals.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #375
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Madmarsha;17588206Yes, Kris, I know you love your beer and I THANKFULLY don't!! So I don't miss it. Maybe I feel that way about cheese if I finally need to ditch it to lose more weight. It makes me mad because cheese is almost a deal breaker. My "favorite things" are already so limited now. So I know it's a struggle. I think you are probably harder on yourself than you need to be. I think you've done wonderfully well, though, within the parameters you have and are active so, really, all that's good because the alternative would be to not enjoy your life. (hope this is coming across in the spirit I intend!)[/QUOTE]

I understand what you meant Marsha Thanks for the good words. I do manage to keep my head above water for the most part by keeping moving. I certainly don't LOVE running/jogging like some do but it is something that I CAN do so I have to do it just to maintain. Sad thing is - I know the day will come soon enough that I will be too old to run and then what??? Eat even LESS than I do now??? Geezz. Not possible.

I ran 3.5 miles today and then rode the bicycle just a short 4 miles. Just tried to keep active cause I do have a party at the Craft Beer Joint tonight and I do love my Raspberry chocolate beer. Already know I'm only having 2 tho I ate some chopped up hamburger and cut up veggies in blue cheese dip like carrots, celery, radishes, peppers. Wasn't great, but it's what was here. Also had some berries & kiwi for breakfast so coming in a little high for carbs for the day I am sure.

21 Aug 2017 - 139

Last edited by schaferk; 02-21-2017 at 02:06 PM..
Old 02-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #376
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB I didn't mean you specifically, but more like "If a person gives up their quest for glory, it will be given to them." As if given to them by God. The way you said it, Humble yourself and God will lift you up. So that's what I meant. Somehow I always get myself in trouble when I try to talk to you. I feel that you take what I say the wrong way. But we can talk it out and get it straight. It is not me, to say something critical about another person.

Somehow you always get yourself in trouble? Always? I thought you and I have had mostly peaceful conversations. But now you're in trouble for saying you are always in trouble.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #377
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I understand what you meant Marsha Thanks for the good words. I do manage to keep my head above water for the most part by keeping moving. I certainly don't LOVE running/jogging like some do but it is something that I CAN do so I have to do it just to maintain. Sad thing is - I know the day will come soon enough that I will be too old to run and then what??? Eat even LESS than I do now??? Geezz. Not possible.

I ran 3.5 miles today and then rode the bicycle just a short 4 miles. Just tried to keep active cause I do have a party at the Craft Beer Joint tonight and I do love my Raspberry chocolate beer. Already know I'm only having 2 tho I ate some chopped up hamburger and cut up veggies in blue cheese dip like carrots, celery, radishes, peppers. Wasn't great, but it's what was here. Also had some berries & kiwi for breakfast so coming in a little high for carbs for the day I am sure.

Good job on staying active Kris
Old 02-22-2017, 06:18 AM   #378
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Marsha, I'm glad my comment about night eating was helpful. I am one who had to understand the "why." I can't do something just because someone told me to. I have had people disagree with my theory and tell me that it doesn't matter when you eat, and they have even cited "proof," but I tested it myself, and if I don't eat after dinner I end up lower on the scale in most cases. So I consider that proof in my case. It's just so easy to snack in the evening, though.

Occasionally I have pants that won't fit the next season, and they are always tight around the waist. Everything else stays the same. If I could lose a few inches in my waist I would be ever so happy, but it's up to me to do what needs to be done. Wishing won't make it happen.

Kris, I could never really run, even when I was younger, thinner, healthier. I could never figure out how to roll from my heel to my toe. It was just splat, splat, splat. If you continue running, you could probably run well into old age. There was an article about a lady......I'll try to find it.

GB, it's just that with this last discussion, it seemed to me that you thought I was talking about you specifically with the glory, but I was using the word "you" meaning people in general. But like I said, we work it out and are OK with it. All is well.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-22-2017 at 06:19 AM..
Old 02-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #379
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I am probably not able to post a link here, but the woman's name is Ida Keeling. If you google her name you will find the story of her running at age 99 because she ran all her life.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:29 AM   #380
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Marsha, I'm glad my comment about night eating was helpful. I am one who had to understand the "why." I can't do something just because someone told me to. I have had people disagree with my theory and tell me that it doesn't matter when you eat, and they have even cited "proof," but I tested it myself, and if I don't eat after dinner I end up lower on the scale in most cases. So I consider that proof in my case. It's just so easy to snack in the evening, though.

Occasionally I have pants that won't fit the next season, and they are always tight around the waist. Everything else stays the same. If I could lose a few inches in my waist I would be ever so happy, but it's up to me to do what needs to be done. Wishing won't make it happen.

Kris, I could never really run, even when I was younger, thinner, healthier. I could never figure out how to roll from my heel to my toe. It was just splat, splat, splat. If you continue running, you could probably run well into old age. There was an article about a lady......I'll try to find it.

GB, it's just that with this last discussion, it seemed to me that you thought I was talking about you specifically with the glory, but I was using the word "you" meaning people in general. But like I said, we work it out and are OK with it. All is well.
PAC
You are very easy going and fun to talk to. Thanks for being around.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #381
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I thought of you today. DH wanted to try a pizza shop closer to our home. He got this pizza and I decided to have a slice. It was out of this world. I couldn't stop eating it, and I had 4 slices!! No beer though. It's 10:30 and I still feel like a bloated cow. I feel like, if I could just puke, I'd feel a lot better! LOL If he continues to get pizza from this place, I'm in big trouble.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:12 AM   #382
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Kris, I thought of you today. DH wanted to try a pizza shop closer to our home. He got this pizza and I decided to have a slice. It was out of this world. I couldn't stop eating it, and I had 4 slices!! No beer though. It's 10:30 and I still feel like a bloated cow. I feel like, if I could just puke, I'd feel a lot better! LOL If he continues to get pizza from this place, I'm in big trouble.
I'm lucky, I love pizza but I can do without. But we also don't have any good out of this world pizza places here. We did have Papa John's a few weeks ago while I was still off the rails (def. part of the reason why I realized I needed to rein it back in). I remember it being good and I enjoyed it too much (4 slices worth) but not something I'll miss or crave. I miss the place in the mall back home when I was a teenager, it was good but we could just go in for a slice. There's no good places I know of where I can just get a slice.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:07 AM   #383
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday already! Where does the time go?!?

Sorry that pizza reached out and slapped ya around PAC It is truly one of my favorite foods. Pick yourself up and start again. I hate that bloaty stuff, I feel for ya. We have a couple of great places here, one I grew up eating so it's been around 60 some years and it is awesome. Pricey, so we only get it when they put out a coupon which is quite often The crust is the BEST so no scraping off the topping for me One of my biggest problems is all these coupons and "free" food around here. It's a marketing trick I know and it sucks us right in now that we are retired and have the time to run around getting it. Who can turn down "free"?! I JUST had a 'free' chick fil a breaded fried chicken bisquit. 450 cals & 50 carbs. Why didn't I just give it to DH?? He could have eaten 2 easily. Now I only have under 1,000 cals left for a buffet dinner tonight and no carbs. No wonder I'm not losing. I finally popped back down to my sig weight but today will be an "up" day so it will go right back up, netting me another week of no progress.

I will be running 5 miles in a couple of hours; today will still be above average temp for our February. We just had 6 straight days of setting new records in the 70s which was unheard of here but weather guy says that streak is over. I am just thankful to be able to run outside at all, so I'll take 55 I think my brain is sabatooging me tho - it's telling me "its OK to have the fatty breakfast bisquit since I'll be running off 500 calories". Which of course is not correct cause then no defecite/no weight loss. The reasoning brain is so very complex. I wanted to try it and it was very good - but not something that can every be a part of my life longterm. One kinda small sandwhich, gone in about 4 bites and all those carbs and cals. OK I'm done whining about my latest screw up I did have a lower day yesterday - stayed home, no bad food, no alcohol. There will be no alcohol today either but I do have a dinner meeting where I suspect there will be pasta calling my name.

I've been keeping a journal of all I eat and weighing every day but I've been stuck at 140/bouncing around with no progress on the weight chart I annotate every day. Nothing is working for me right now, I'm just maintaining. With the exception of (today) I have been eating healthier stuff tho - fruits and veggies & chicken & fish and all within the 16 hr window. I just need to get a couple of good old fasting days in to get me a good start.
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 02-23-2017, 06:10 AM   #384
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

OMG OMG, I ate all that pizza yesterday and I am down a pound this morning. LOL Don't hate me Kris. LOL

I love the crust, too, but being diabetic, it's the crust that spikes my blood sugar. If I put the toppings in a salad I get the taste without the carbs and without the blood sugar spiske. I doubled up on my BS meds after eating it. The meds are known to make you gain weight so I don't like to take it, but BS and Weight were both down this morning. I have no idea why, but I'm not complaining. I think God gave me a pass and I think him for that.

There is a shop nearby that advertises pizza by the slice but we have never gone there. We have a lot of pizza shops around here but DH has been stuck on one that is 5+ miles away. He has been wanting to find one closer that he likes. I think we have a winner! They have a special M-W, med 8 cut one topping $7.99, normally $11.99. We are not the type to go out to a bar for pizza and beer.

I would kill to weigh 140, and even your 180 Marsha. I say I would kill, but I won't even stop eating to do it. I could do it if I set my mind to it. What will it take? Heart surgery didn't scare me into it.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #385
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, you are your signature weight and you're going to run 5 miles! Good on ya! I'd love to be what was my PREVIOUS signature weight. I had a couple of good scale days and I do need to keep weighing as just a way to keep tabs; but when I go for a week or so without it moving, it will be hard. Although I'm QUICK with that advice to other people that it's not the only arbiter of fat loss success, it does play a trick on your psyche. But I am not yet feeling a loosening up of my clothes either, so.

I love the "free food" deals, too; but I've already got buried in my mind it's not really food anyway so that helps me stay away. Now I need to run 5 miles but that means I've got to get back to running. Maybe I can later today.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:27 AM   #386
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OMG OMG, I ate all that pizza yesterday and I am down a pound this morning. LOL Don't hate me Kris. LOL

I love the crust, too, but being diabetic, it's the crust that spikes my blood sugar. If I put the toppings in a salad I get the taste without the carbs and without the blood sugar spiske. I doubled up on my BS meds after eating it. The meds are known to make you gain weight so I don't like to take it, but BS and Weight were both down this morning. I have no idea why, but I'm not complaining. I think God gave me a pass and I think him for that.

There is a shop nearby that advertises pizza by the slice but we have never gone there. We have a lot of pizza shops around here but DH has been stuck on one that is 5+ miles away. He has been wanting to find one closer that he likes. I think we have a winner! They have a special M-W, med 8 cut one topping $7.99, normally $11.99. We are not the type to go out to a bar for pizza and beer.

I would kill to weigh 140, and even your 180 Marsha. I say I would kill, but I won't even stop eating to do it. I could do it if I set my mind to it. What will it take? Heart surgery didn't scare me into it.
Geez, that rarely happens to me, down a pound when I shouldn't be. Fun when it happens! You know, one of my favorite recipes gives me all the good pizza flavors without the crust. It's chicken rollatini. I was planning on posting it anyway as a reminder to me to make soon because I haven't made it in so long. I'll go find it and then post it.

Your last passage there is what this thread is really about. Weight loss is so hard when we've put so much emphasis on food. I've said that my Mother didn't have it, the emphasis, and I wish I could emulate her. It is, of course, necessary to living; but I think also sometimes we focus on meal times to not think about the life that's going on in between. Or what we suspect is not going on. So if we take less time for food and eating, what are we going to fill that time with? Now, there are MANY, MANY worthwhile things but maybe sometimes we think we should be doing more. I aspire to be more of a go getter but I find so many excuses. We deserve to enjoy food but we shouldn't give it too much power. It doesn't change your life! lol

Old 02-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #387
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Great news PAC Pizza and down a pound! That is awesome! I'm happy for you!

I didn't make it the 5 miles today, only 3.5. That took me exactly an hour and it was getting really chilly and windy fast so I headed home. I was going pretty slow, sometimes just walking. Still feel it was a good workout, but I also still weigh 140. I really want to get to 130 and I'm still hopeful even tho I'm not making much headway. I'm hanging good with the exercise but just eating too much food. DH & I do put a lot of emphasis on food - we wake up asking each other "what's for breakfast". And then we plan our nights around where everybody is going out to eat or drink. It is very hard to have something else to 'focus our efforts on' other than food. Not much else is fun or satisfying at this age Of course we like Harley riding and riding bikes and running is fun in it's own social way but limited to the short summers here
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 02-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #388
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

I just love this recipe. Gives me all the tastes I love on a pizza (but that's me because I don't love all the toppings, only extra cheese and mushrooms on my ONE slice, please!)

Chicken Rollatini

Makes 4

Ingredients:
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (Use crushed pork rinds to make LC)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
2 eggs, beat and set aside
3/4 cup fresh chopped spinach (can use frozen, make sure it is thawed and dry)
6 TBS Ricotta cheese
Olive Oil
1 1/2 cup Favorite Marinara sauce (Or you can make your own with 2 cans crushed tomatoes, 3 diced garlic cloves and 1/4 cup olive oil and salt to taste)
Preheat oven to 450 deg.

Place chicken breast in Ziploc bag and pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut in half so you have two cutlets. Do this with both breasts.
Combine bread crumbs and 3 TBS of the parmesan in one bowl. Set aside
place eggs in separate dish
In small bowl mix ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and spinach.
Lay chicken down on cutting board. Salt and pepper the breasts. Add some of the ricotta mixture and roll the chicken seam side down. Dip in egg and then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Place in baking pan and sprinkle with the seam down. Sprinkle with olive oil.

Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with marinara and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Return to oven and bake 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Last edited by Madmarsha; 02-23-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Old 02-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #389
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Marsha! This sounds absolutely good!! I can't wait to try it!
21 Aug 2017 - 139
Old 02-24-2017, 04:57 AM   #390
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Down another pound. Feels good. Feels like I've got this. Which I do but only when I'm not trying to sneak in too much.