Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-04-2017, 06:14 AM   #421
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
It snowed off and on, but didn't accumulate much. The only driving problems were early AM rush hour, when the temps were still very low. I can still see snow on the ground, but I can also see grass peeking through here and there. This is March in PA. Mountain areas got more.

I ended up having a carby day yesterday and my blood sugar was up this morning. The wages of sin.......

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #422
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Good Morning All! I didn't do well carbwise yesterday either PAC It was a normal eat day and I'm trying to make sure today will be a very LC day and low cals too. Started out with one egg & one pc bacon. Best I can do right now is switch off days. No idea if it will work or not?? Had to go to dinner with a friend whose hubby is away so ate half Cuban sandwhich & 12 or 15 fries, 2 chocolate craft beers. That all adds up to BAD I know. I had not planned to eat ANY dinner in which case I would have been down a couple pounds this morning, but stuff happens I was just thinking how much we all have "changed" stuff we do and it's still not enough. My now normal/bad eating day yesterday was: my huge salad & soup at lunch, but take home the entire entrée (salmon, rice, veggies, roll) untouched. Then dinner SPLITTING a normal order (sandwhich, fries, pickle) and only having half the alcohol I used to consume. So this is 'normal life' now for us dieters - less than half of what everybody around us is having and half of everything WE used to consume in a day - and it's still not enough to lose anything. Bounced me back up on the scale. I'm just venting, it's the hand we've been dealt, or evolved into I guess and we know it is what life needs to be for us but it was depressing just recapping how life has turned into normal being only less than half of everybody else's normal. OK done whining. I'll get up and go walk my 4 miles to burn off that half Cuban sandwhich that was awesome by the way
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143

Last edited by schaferk; 03-04-2017 at 07:22 AM..
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #423
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Good Morning All! I didn't do well carbwise yesterday either PAC It was a normal eat day and I'm trying to make sure today will be a very LC day and low cals too. Started out with one egg & one pc bacon. Best I can do right now is switch off days. No idea if it will work or not?? Had to go to dinner with a friend whose hubby is away so ate half Cuban sandwhich & 12 or 15 fries, 2 chocolate craft beers. That all adds up to BAD I know. I had not planned to eat ANY dinner in which case I would have been down a couple pounds this morning, but stuff happens I was just thinking how much we all have "changed" stuff we do and it's still not enough. My now normal/bad eating day yesterday was: my huge salad & soup at lunch, but take home the entire entrée (salmon, rice, veggies, roll) untouched. Then dinner SPLITTING a normal order (sandwhich, fries, pickle) and only having half the alcohol I used to consume. So this is 'normal life' now for us dieters - less than half of what everybody around us is having and half of everything WE used to consume in a day - and it's still not enough to lose anything. Bounced me back up on the scale. I'm just venting, it's the hand we've been dealt, or evolved into I guess and we know it is what life needs to be for us but it was depressing just recapping how life has turned into normal being only less than half of everybody else's normal. OK done whining. I'll get up and go walk my 4 miles to burn off that half Cuban sandwhich that was awesome by the way
Hi guys
Old 03-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #424
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/166/145
WOE: NSNG/Fung fast
Start Date: October 2013
Two meals yesterday. I had a small slice of French bread, 1 bite of our favorite restaurant's awesome white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and 2 Splenda packets in my coffee. Stayed in ketosis (in fact, oddly was deeper despite a LOT of water yesterday). I will stay off the scale this weekend because I know better. Still no change in clothes but went through my dresses and organized (with different colored hangers!) by work dresses, sun dresses, and dresses that don't quite fit yet. They are my "Holy Grails" now. I will stay this focused till they fit. So if I go back to 16/8, I have only about 4 more hours to go. That sounds so easy so I'll try to make it to dinner. I hope I'm doing this right.

Nice to see you, GB!!!

Kris, I want to try that half sandwich thing but only once in a while. Meaning like once or twice a month. But the only thing keeping me "good" right now is near-complete compliance (I regret the bread last night only because it wasn't good bread, but the bite of cheesecake was totally worth it!). Yes, it's the new normal and I'm okay with that if I could break THINKING about food, you know, like "normal" people. Funny how so much of what is just in our brains truly affects our body's responses.

PACarolSue, I grew up in York, PA. I remember nearly ever year the crocuses coming up only to get "kissed" with the last winter dusting. For here, we are cold. I even pulled a sweater out when I had already packed them away.

Restart: 2/16/2017 184
Low: 4/26/2017 166
Current: 5/3/2017 168

Last edited by Madmarsha; 03-04-2017 at 08:59 AM..
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:14 AM   #425
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

1 more this morning. Got another week and a half to make a 10 lb. loss in one month (need 3 more pounds so it'll be difficult)! Realistically, I know it's "first month" success; but I'm hoping I could get back-to-back months of 7-10 pounds for a solid start. The fasting is working because it really fits into what I prefer which is one meal a day. It's not easy sometimes to talk myself out of eating, but it's not like torture either. If I really need something, then I eat it. But I'm really determined to focus on recognizing true hunger versus "habit" eating (I've really never been an emotional eater). And there's no "off limits" stuff here so I'm not tempted to make a mistake that way either. I'm even getting better at going to a store where there's tempting stuff and walking past it without a thought, which is what I hoped to do because I hate that I still think about all the junk as much as I still do.

On another "closet" note, just scored a new blouse on E-Bay for $2.25 and 4 new belts for some dresses (at Goodwill and Cato Stores) for a total of $8. Woot!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 AM   #426
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Marsha, you are doing very well and are inspiring me to do better. I was reading the Fung Fasting thread where you have been posting and all there seem to be doing well, too. I can do 16:8 and even 18:6 with some OMAD here and there, but I still don't see myself doing longer than 21 Hrs. I think if I could stick to what I say I'm going to do I would be much happier and more successful. I cave too much.

I know that I have a habit of blaming my failure on eating with my husband, and I have to stop that. I am an adult and can make my own choices/decisions. I have to learn to "Just Say No."

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-06-2017, 07:00 AM   #427
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Marsha, you are doing very well and are inspiring me to do better. I was reading the Fung Fasting thread where you have been posting and all there seem to be doing well, too. I can do 16:8 and even 18:6 with some OMAD here and there, but I still don't see myself doing longer than 21 Hrs. I think if I could stick to what I say I'm going to do I would be much happier and more successful.
Yes, that split is my comfort zone exactly. Honestly, the hardest thing to get over is the notion that you need "3 squares" a day. I see that that just serves to keep the BS elevated which is nemesis. Reading the Fung book about how weight gain isn't about calories, it's about hormones(yes, it turns out it really is about hormones!) makes SO much sense. I can only do 21-24 hours if I have just a bite of something, but I will see if I can work up to that.

Quote:
I know that I have a habit of blaming my failure on eating with my husband, and I have to stop that. I am an adult and can make my own choices/decisions. I have to learn to "Just Say No."
Luckily my husband's not too much on me about this. We really rarely eat together anyway. And when we do, like if we go out, I can easily do it (plus he snatched bread away from me and took all my forks away so I couldn't eat more of his cheesecake, which is helpful! ) We certainly do need to be "adults". And I don't know why it's so hard. I see other people doing it; and that's how I aspire to be, not rude but unapologetic.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:05 AM   #428
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

GB Glad you popped in to say HI GB. Was sure starting to miss you!! What are you doing lately??

MARSHA you are doing great! I'm excited for you that the fasting is working so well. Such a great feeling when you kinda re-start and get focused on something and it works so well. Makes you want to keep going!! I wish I could feel your dedication for my situation but it just hasn't hit me yet. I'm still treading, skipping meals here and there doing IF but no losses cause too much eating on those off days. Too many treats - had Almond crunch pretzel bites yesterday and this coming Saturday Grandson will be 3 so I see cake in my future I won't go hog wild but eve a little piece here and there of this and that will sabatooge me losing. I think I've been even more lax lately foodwise because in my attempt to "out exercise my eating" and doing all this running I do seem to be fitting into my clothes better. Improvement in the back fat & muffin top arena Its still embarrassing tho because I think of how good I COULD be doing and losing if I just didn't keep backsliding on the eating

PAC How you doing? Hope you didn't get DH's cold. That would be no fun. We got bad storms coming tonight so you will probably getting it a day after we do. 45 mph wind gusts expected yuk.

I thought maybe I could still drift along doing IF and still lose very slowly - make some slow progress but its not working that way for me. Glad I'm not gaining, even tho I eat whatever I want some days, but there's been NO loss over all since January.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 03-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #429
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

I think we were all posting at the same time!!! PAC You are right, we must be adults and be stronger but I think our husbands are to "blame" because sometimes we just feel guilty and give in. My DH likes to go out so much and hit the craft breweries with our friends. He just loves that life and won't go without me so I end up going just so he can have fun and not be punished cause I want to drop a few pounds. But then when I get there - I am not strong enough to hold back like I should so that blame falls on me. It's a delema for sure. That would be wonderful if we could just hang with them but be stronger for ourselves.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 03-06-2017, 07:20 AM   #430
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GB Glad you popped in to say HI GB. Was sure starting to miss you!! What are you doing lately??
Yes, we need to hear from GB! Wish he'd be easier on himself. I feel like he's so tough.
Quote:
MARSHA you are doing great! I'm excited for you that the fasting is working so well. Such a great feeling when you kinda re-start and get focused on something and it works so well. Makes you want to keep going!!
Thank you. Yes, seeing a scale success is definitely a motivation, I won't lie (I won't get on when I know it'll be a disappointment). I hate that I needed to be in the right "mind set", though, before I had let 20 + pounds go by. I am just determined to make this truly reside naturally in my brain that I just walk past the cookie aisle without a thought.

Quote:
I wish I could feel your dedication for my situation but it just hasn't hit me yet. I'm still treading, skipping meals here and there doing IF but no losses cause too much eating on those off days. Too many treats - had Almond crunch pretzel bites yesterday and this coming Saturday Grandson will be 3 so I see cake in my future I won't go hog wild but eve a little piece here and there of this and that will sabatooge me losing. I think I've been even more lax lately foodwise because in my attempt to "out exercise my eating" and doing all this running I do seem to be fitting into my clothes better. Improvement in the back fat & muffin top arena Its still embarrassing tho because I think of how good I COULD be doing and losing if I just didn't keep backsliding on the eating
I dunno, you've not gained back as much as I did so I'd consider that victory. I do know for me and my body type, I have a adult low weight that I will never reach again and I didn't think of myself as "skinny" then so I'm having to get that to sit right in my head.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #431
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Marsha, where do you live, if you don't mind saying online. I was trying to find out and I clicked on your profile. That pic looks familiar. Did you ever use it as an avatar? I feel as thought I posted with you somewhere before, other than LCOW. On there, I seem to remember you always being on the horse.

Kris, are you getting any snow? I just heard we are going to have snow over the weekend.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #432
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Marsha, where do you live, if you don't mind saying online. I was trying to find out and I clicked on your profile. That pic looks familiar. Did you ever use it as an avatar? I feel as thought I posted with you somewhere before, other than LCOW. On there, I seem to remember you always being on the horse.

Kris, are you getting any snow? I just heard we are going to have snow over the weekend.
I don't mind saying. I live in MS now for over 20 years. Yes, I'm sure that was my avatar for some time. I remember you from the last time I was posting a good bit, so I'm sure you've "come across" me! lol And the horse pic was taken in York, PA just a couple years ago.

No more snow, guys! I feel bad for you!

Last edited by Madmarsha; 03-06-2017 at 12:25 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #433
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue;17594309
[B
Kris[/B], are you getting any snow? I just heard we are going to have snow over the weekend.
Carol yes snow is predicted for us on Saturday too but just a dusting I think. Here in Rock Island, IL this has been the mildest Winter that I remember in my entire 62 yrs! It's 65 degrees today, I just walked in shorts. Supposed to be very bad storms here tonight and then cold & snow setting in for the weekend. We've had no snow to speak of all Winter, nothing stayed on the ground and we set several new record highs all during February. Some people don't like all the change but I for one am loving these surprise days hitting the 70s. I'm kinda glad we were lazy and didn't plan a trip away to warmer weather this year. We do have short trips planned for Mar, Apr & May coming up and probably a couple others on the Harley over the summer. Time goes so fast! In 2 weeks I will be in Jamaica!!!!!
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 03-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #434
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Time goes so fast! In 2 weeks I will be in Jamaica!!!!!
I think I missed you first mentioning Jamaica. What area are you going? My friend's daughter went on her honeymoon to Bluefield's Resorts and it sounded wonderful! We went to Ocho Rios on our honeymoon and climbed Dunn's River Falls! Glad we did but I probably wouldn't do that again.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #435
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

We're going with a group of 4 couples this time to Bahia Principe Luxury in Runaway Bay, Jamaica, adults only. It's 1.5 hours from Montego Bay where we land after a 4 hr flight. Don't like that long of bus ride to the resort. We wont even be checked in till after dinner I bet. It wasn't my first pick but hoping it's nice. The reviews have been a bit sketchy. Finger crossed. We've been to Ocho Rios and Dunns River Falls previous years and enjoyed that. My first preference is Cancun.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 03-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #436
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
We're going with a group of 4 couples this time to Bahia Principe Luxury in Runaway Bay, Jamaica, adults only. It's 1.5 hours from Montego Bay where we land after a 4 hr flight. Don't like that long of bus ride to the resort. We wont even be checked in till after dinner I bet. It wasn't my first pick but hoping it's nice. The reviews have been a bit sketchy. Finger crossed. We've been to Ocho Rios and Dunns River Falls previous years and enjoyed that. My first preference is Cancun.
I need the Caribbean. I carry my passport in my purse ... you know, just in case.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:39 AM   #437
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
I need the Caribbean. I carry my passport in my purse ... you know, just in case.
That's so funny, Marsha. Maybe you'll run into a friend and they will say "Hey, let's go to XXXXXXX." ha ha

So, in MS, you still get humidity. Humidity really kills me in my old age. I never minded it when I was younger.

Kris, our winter was like yours. A couple record highs, very little snow. The snow stays in our yard longer than anywhere else because we have a lot of shade. I like to get at least one big snow every year, like 2 or 3 feet, but we haven't had that for a few years. I like when we get it in March because it melts quickly, but if we get it in January, it stays for weeks. I hated it when I had to drive to work in it.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-07-2017, 06:07 AM   #438
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah PAC Not having to drive to work changed the world for me!! We got 75 mph winds and lots of damage around here so look out its coming for ya!! Big thunderstorms for 3 hrs passing over last night around midnight. You might get it tomorrow?? We personally didn't have damage, just my cable TV went out. But you know me, the TV lover that I am I had 100 hrs of recorded material to rely on Having half a grapefruit & coffee now, going to walk soon as the sun is out and it's about 50 degrees and dry

Have no idea why, but I'm up a couple of pounds today I mean, I guess maybe I know why - too much eating and NOT being on plan, my usually drifting. But I did skip dinner last night and just watched DH eat a big burrito with salsa & avocado on it Looked pretty good but I was trying to do the window thing and only eat between 7 am and noon and also keep cals below 1200 for the day.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 03-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #439
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

So, in MS, you still get humidity. Humidity really kills me in my old age. I never minded it when I was younger
Oh, yes. As far as my skin, I don't mind the humidity. As far as my hair, well, arrgggggg. I guess I'm more or less used to it now, but I still complain when it gets horrifically stifling.

I tell you, this fasting thing takes work to get used to. I am really not eating much. I made chicken salad from the chicken I am using for my bone broth. I had 2 kind of medium sized bowl portions (and snacked on some chicken while I was separating it) at about 5 and then later at 9:30 and it filled me up. So today I will probably be able to go all day and not eat so that will make it about 18-19 hours. By then my bone broth will be done and I'm hoping that having that will allow me to go 24 hours +. I feel a little inconsistent to be doing this right but I have been losing, so.

Last edited by Madmarsha; 03-07-2017 at 06:19 AM..
Old 03-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #440
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Wow. Another 2 pound WOOSH. Down 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I don't think I lost this fast even in the beginning. I know that can't last (30 to go to "goal" .... or fitting into the 5 dresses, 3 trousers, and 1 pair of jeans I can't wear now!); but I hope it doesn't slow to 3 or 4 like it did when I was being so compliant. Wasn't even going to get on the scale but my stomach looked better so I thought maybe I'd see. Haven't tried on the "test pants" yet, though.

So this is the first time in 2 years I've lost weight (and it's still re-losing for the next 20 anyway). Even last year when I was doing the boot camp, I only lost a little and I was working SO hard at it. Others were losing and getting so much praise and it just LOOKED like I wasn't compliant so I didn't get any positive feedback.

I will eat dinner this evening as this is our usual night out and I will feel so good about it! Then tomorrow another 16/8 probably. But I really think that eventually I only want to do this a couple times a week.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #441
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

New Avatar for ST Patrick's Day!!

Marsha, for me, my head sweats! LOL I don't know why, but it actually runs down my head, into my eyes, makes my eyes burn and my makeup run. That sounds really disgusting, doesn't it. LOL I am probably exaggerating a little bit, but I hate to be outside when the humidity is high. I would not do well living in the deep south but I would love to visit there someday. I've only been to FL, not a real southern state.

You are doing so exceptionally well, especially with 16:8 and not long term fasting. Wooo Hooo!! I am so jealous, and I'm sure Kris is too, but you are following plan and you deserve it! Doing it wrong or doing it right, the proof is what's showing on the scale! How many calories do you think you're eating per day? See, I know I could do the same if I would stick to plan but that's just not happening and hasn't happened for a long long time. It's my own fault.

When you were doing bootcamp, it's possible that was causing you not to lose. Sometimes easy exercise like walking is beneficial, but when you get into more intense exercising it can cause stress in the body and it hangs on to weight. I hate to say that because I am a big advocate for the importance of exercise for health, and some people don't want to do it if it's going to slow their weight loss. It doesn't make sense when you are burning so many more calories, but that's the way they say it is. It is beneficial long term, though. You just don't get instant weight loss from it.

Kris
, if we don't learn anything from Marsha's success, we never will! ROFL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #442
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I just checked our weather forecast online and we are only supposed to have 23 MPH wind. And it does not say snow for the weekend so maybe they changed that. I hope so because DH is going to want to go to the casino.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #443
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Like the new Avatar PAC! As the storm went thru here they said it was weakening as it went on, however we still had a lot of damage around here and many are still without power now. Sounds like it won't be so bad by the time it reaches you. We now have accumulating snow forecasted for Sat and Sun so we may have Winter back for a few days. Sun is shining bright now but we still have 22 mph wind blowing, it seems chilly. No high temps for us next week either. Maybe I am heading to Jamaica just in time

I am also very happy for you and inspired by you Marsha! Seeing how extremely well you are doing should get PAC & me off our butts I agree!!! I admit I've just been lazy, talking about it and not doing it. I put it off and put it off forever. I wish I could change that about myself. But I honestly did mean it - I feel inspired seeing it working so well for you. I can skip dinner tonight and start out LC tomorrow. I still have almost 2 weeks before Jamaica trip and over a month till the half marathon. I can make some progress.
8 Nov 2017 - 145.5
9 Nov 2017 - 144.5
10 Nov 2017 - 143
Old 03-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #444
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, believe me, I hate the sweating, too. Hate to go outdoors then, unless it's to the beach. And I hate that my closets take up so much room for the coats we rarely need but we gotta have 'em!

I am proud of my success, but I was reading somewhere where some women had lost 7 in one week, 15 in 9 days, not to mention corresponding inches and clothes sizes! I am not in my "test" pants yet but they are getting there, so I do see a difference.

Everything I read about the fasting gives me hope for losing at least some of my belly fat and also hopefully the dangerous visceral fat surrounding the internal organs. People may ask, Yeah, but aren't you hungry? And I am but, then again, that's the point. We feed ourselves too much.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #445
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Marsha, the bigger a person is, the more weight they lose at first. Also, it depends on if the person was following low carb previously. If they were, their losses won't be as good. Most comes when you first drop the heavy carb diet. Don't compare yourself to someone else. You are doing great! Lose as much as you can now, because you know it will slow eventually.

Why do you need coats?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #446
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Marsha, the bigger a person is, the more weight they lose at first. Also, it depends on if the person was following low carb previously. If they were, their losses won't be as good. Most comes when you first drop the heavy carb diet. Don't compare yourself to someone else. You are doing great! Lose as much as you can now, because you know it will slow eventually.

Why do you need coats?
Well, believe it or not, we do have some cold days. And also for when we've traveled home during the winter.

We ended up at Chipotle for dinner. I will not be returning. Not impressed. I did fairly well, though, by getting a bowl and not a burrito and only drinking water; but there's no telling what's in the meat, and I did have a few chips and some rice. Then we went to play trivia and I had a handful of pretzels, one whiskey on the rocks, and more water. I will hand it to my husband, he pretty much follows what I'm doing food wise or leaves me to my own thing. Next dinner out will be much better.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #447
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I've never been to Chipotle, or any other Mexican Restaurant for that matter. DH does not eat Mexican. He will eat tacos, but they have to be mild. Nothing hot. I can only buy one taco seasoning that comes in "mild."

I have decided that my problem with my weight is eating when I'm not hungry. It's not what I eat, but when. Also, I should probably try to do OMAD because once I eat my first bite of the day my appetite goes into high gear. Not my hunger....I don't get a lot of hunger. Just appetite....the desire to eat.....more. Today I made a nice tuna fish sandwich. Delicious, and just what I was hungry for. But it tasted so good I made another one. Now I'm stuffed. I was satisfied after the first one as far as hunger goes, but not appetite satisfied. I could have put that tuna salad in the refrigerator and had another sandwich tomorrow, but, no, Pigface had to eat it all in one sitting!!!!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #448
Madmarsha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have decided that my problem with my weight is eating when I'm not hungry. It's not what I eat, but when. Also, I should probably try to do OMAD because once I eat my first bite of the day my appetite goes into high gear. Not my hunger....I don't get a lot of hunger. Just appetite....the desire to eat.....more. Today I made a nice tuna fish sandwich. Delicious, and just what I was hungry for. But it tasted so good I made another one. Now I'm stuffed. I was satisfied after the first one as far as hunger goes, but not appetite satisfied. I could have put that tuna salad in the refrigerator and had another sandwich tomorrow, but, no, Pigface had to eat it all in one sitting!!!!
TOTALLY get that. I've decided the only way to combat that, since I can't trust my body to tell me, is to be "mindful". Easier said than done because you also don't want to become obsessed. And sometimes it feels like obsession when you feel like all you're doing is thinking about eating. Or counting the hours BETWEEN eating when you're fasting.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:05 AM   #449
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Marsha, I had a really bad day yesterday. I could not stop eating carbs. Sandwiches for lunch, gyro and fries for dinner. I felt so stuffed and miserable by the time the day was over. Today is a new day and i really hope to do better. I just looked up my next doctor's appointment and it's 6/1/17. It would be nice to have my weight down a bit so my blood pressure would be down also, not to mention my blood sugar. I say this every time I have an appointment and the doctor is probably annoyed that he hears the same old song every time. I want this time to be different. I know what it's like to be mindful. I've done it before. I need to do it again because I know it works. Actually, I would rather be obsessed than fat. LOL

Kris, I thought about you yesterday! We had high winds, but not as high as yours. Behind all our houses here is a line of trees up on the hill. We have had a couple dead ones fall in our yard and our neighbor's and were lucky none of them hit anything. They fell between a fence and the house, or between the deck and the shed...never doing any damage. One fell yesterday. I was in the bedroom right near where it fell, and it sounded like something fell in our closet. That's where I looked, but DH went outside and the tree is laying between our house and the neighbor's, mostly in her yard. DH says it's her tree, so her responsibility, but I'm not sure. I can't really tell where the tree came from. There is a guy in the neighborhood who has been taking the wood for firewood, so maybe he will take this. He has taken 3 trees so far this winter. This will be the 4th. DH hasn't been feeling well and the weather is iffy, so I don't really want him out there cutting it up. If the guy wants the wood free of charge, let him cut it up. He's a much younger guy, and he has a truck to haul it. It's not in the way right now, in the back of the yards, so it can sit there for a while if DH has to cut it up, when the weather gets better and he's feeling better. He really loves to get out there with the chain saw! LOL

GB, where are you? Please check in and let us know how things are going. We all miss you and are concerned!

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 03-09-2017 at 05:06 AM..
Old 03-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #450
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I had to google "Cuban Sandwich" since I never heard of it, but I am sure glad they are not popular around here! Wowza! I would love that. I guess the sliced pork is pork loin, am I right? I will have to remember that the next time I cook a pork loin, which isn't very often. I usually buy it as chops and cook it that way. It would have to be very tended to be able to eat it in a sandwich. I am such a foodie. Every time I hear of something new I have to try it.

We got gyros from a different place yesterday and they were less than good. The pita was great, but the meat was not, and there wasn't much of it, like we get somewhere else. This guy we like sets up a little trailer along the highway and sells them for lunch when the weather is nicer. He puts so much meat on them, DH and I are able to split one, and the meat is very tasty. The name of his stand is "Pita Paul's." LOL

Dr Jason Fung