Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 206 GW 159
WOE: WW Smart Points & Simply Filling
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Weight Watchers 2017

Happy New Year Everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2017, 03:49 AM   #2
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

We had 14 pages of posts last year and 25,451 views! I look forward to our journeys together in this new year and what we will learn from each other. I appreciate all my lowcarb friends who took the time to contribute both on the weight watcher thread and elsewhere on this wonderful board.

Much love,

Sue
Old 01-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
kerri
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/193 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, weight watchers,
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Happy New Year everyone...

Hope you all are having a great start in the new year...
Another great place for WW recipes is Laaloosh.com I have gotten some good ideas here..

Berta48..You are so right about each of us being different..We can eat the exact same things and our bodies will use that food in totally different ways..We each were made unique...I do like George Stella ,I watched every episode when he had his food network show..I have most of his books also..

Bracelet: Thanks for bringing back the memory of that salid..My Mom also made that all the time..I think I will make that this week for old times sake....
I think my concern about my bloodwork is not so much that the weight gain will bring my A1C up but the fact that I have increased my carbs by going back to WW....

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY WW FRIENDS

Tomorrow starts a brand new year and back on plan. I am praying for more will power and strength to stick with it this new year.
I have some ideas planned in my head some things I want to do , if I can just follow through

Tuesday will be my first weigh in for about five weeks.I know it will be not be good. But it is the first day of the rest of my life. So I will only look forward and not back

Thank you Sue for starting a new thread this new year.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bracelet
Happy New Year! With hopes that 2017 brings good things to us all, plus lots of weight loss. We can do it.
Bracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
Hope you all are having a great start in the new year...
Another great place for WW recipes is Laaloosh.com I have gotten some good ideas here..

Berta48..You are so right about each of us being different..We can eat the exact same things and our bodies will use that food in totally different ways..We each were made unique...I do like George Stella ,I watched every episode when he had his food network show..I have most of his books also..

Bracelet: Thanks for bringing back the memory of that said..My Mom also made that all the time..I think I will make that this week for old times sake....
I think my concern about my bloodwork is not so much that the weight gain will bring my A1C up but the fact that I have increased my carbs by going back to WW....
Kerri
Just a heads up about Laloose. you need to check the points on those recipes as they usually aren't with WW. Skinny Taste is another that is very good but need to check points first.
Found it out by gaining one week last year after using there recipes. Then I checked points So check before eating them

Old 01-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #7
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

Seems like I am taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Every Sunday we eat out with our son and granddaughter, and this Sunday, because I knew I wouldn't know what to order, I had no choice but to go off WW for the day. Couldn't believe I gained 3 pounds over night. Am still waiting for my WW kit to come in the mail, sure hope it gets here before next Sunday because it contains a booklet that tells you what to order when eating out.

I checked out all the recipes in the WW recipe thread here on the site and found a couple I can use. Also posted a good WW recipe that I found online and tested.

Hope everyone else fared better than I did with your weight over the weekend.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

I'm majorly snowed in today. And it is still snowing. Supposed to snow all night too. Food yesterday was not quite as on plan as I hoped but I'm glad it's behind me. Otherwise my week has been really good. I doubt I will make it to my meeting for a weigh in on Wednesday due to weather. So will try for a Saturday weigh in if I'm dug out by then.

Bracelet, probably your weight gain was water weight and less damage was done than you might think. Eating out with other people is a hard one for me also. All we can do sometimes is make our best estimate of points, track it and just move on. Which of course is very difficult when the point system is new to you and you're just learning it. We try our best
Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #9
Bracelet
Senior LCF Member

When I first started WW, I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to eat very much meat. The concern stems from the fact that I know from experience that fruit and veggies don't fill me up. Although there were a couple of interruptions along the way, there were several days that I stayed on WW and did lose weight, but even though I have been eating fruit and veggies in volume (and I mean almost constantly), 5 minutes after laying down the fork, my stomach growls and I have hunger pains. That is why a few minutes ago I ate some ham and cheese. I finally feel full and satisfied. It is obvious that WW isn't going to work for me.

Guess I'll try Atkins 40, and if I don't lose weight on that, I'll give Atkins 20 a try. I was really hoping this would work. Thank you for all your help.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #10
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracelet View Post
When I first started WW, I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to eat very much meat. The concern stems from the fact that I know from experience that fruit and veggies don't fill me up. Although there were a couple of interruptions along the way, there were several days that I stayed on WW and did lose weight, but even though I have been eating fruit and veggies in volume (and I mean almost constantly), 5 minutes after laying down the fork, my stomach growls and I have hunger pains. That is why a few minutes ago I ate some ham and cheese. I finally feel full and satisfied. It is obvious that WW isn't going to work for me.

Guess I'll try Atkins 40, and if I don't lose weight on that, I'll give Atkins 20 a try. I was really hoping this would work. Thank you for all your help.
Bracelet
You have to eat veggies with your meat. You could have 6 ounces of lean rump roast for only 6 SP. Then a med baked potato for 5 SP and two cups green beans for zero and 1 cup of no sugar added peaches for zero. Not that should fill you upThat would only be 11 SP.

You need to give it a chance. It works. It is healthy and after awhile you really don't eat as much. You have to work the plan. The old plans don't work like the new SP does. But it is your decision for sure.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:50 AM   #11
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

For those exploring weight watchers but not wanting to count points, there is a simply filling version of their program. This is often popular with people who are at goal and working on maintaining their weight. It can be used for losing as well. You may want to check it out:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=65271

Whichever plan you choose for reaching your goals, I wish you success and to be happy and at peace with your food choices.

Much love and light,

Sue
Old 01-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #12
kerri
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/193 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF, weight watchers,
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
I know that part of my problems are that I want to see a change instantly. If the scale does not move I get upset and change plans...I need to try to be patient.I do know that LC is healthier for me but it was not working because I kept cheating...I need to stick with one plan for a good length of time before getting upset with myself.....
Well that said...I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful start to the new year..

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #13
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
For those exploring weight watchers but not wanting to count points, there is a simply filling version of their program. This is often popular with people who are at goal and working on maintaining their weight. It can be used for losing as well. You may want to check it out:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=65271

Whichever plan you choose for reaching your goals, I wish you success and to be happy and at peace with your food choices.

Much love and light,

Sue
Sue
I've wondered what simply filling was. Thanks. But you do have to watch the portions don't you? You can't just eat all you want right? But you don't have to keep track of points. I don't mind tracking as I do it online. The people that don't join WW have a hard time trying to stick with it as they don't have all the information to go by.

SO it is nice that you added that in. I don't think I would ever stick with it if I didn't have all the information and be able to track online.As I am not one to write things down at all.
It is a bit expensive but I think it is worth it. I pay 44.95 a month, but I get all the online recipes, chat(connect), live help, tracking, exercise and a ton of other info AND I can go to the meetings without extra cost and even when I miss I don't have to pay for a missed meetings. So adding all that up it is worth it to me. I don't spend money on much of anything else each month, so I figure at least I can do that for myself

Tonight is my meeting, I know it will not be good.But I chose to eat the things I did, so I have to face the consequences
I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a lot of different foods so I am ready

I do not worry to much about carbs,as I like my potatoes and bread. But I don't eat them often. I did buy a loaf of raisin cinnamon bread.It is wonderful It is 3 spts but so worth it. I am having a slice of it an egg and two bacon and a grapefruit for breakfast and 1 tbs of ICBINB light spread on the toast,for 9 SP and I get 10 per meal or 30 per day.
So I can figure my next meal which I don't usually eat lunch. So then it will be my dinner and evening snack for the remainder of my day.

I bought some dry mixes like cheddar bacon, creamy spinach parmesan & buttermilk ranch.They are all Hidden Valley Brand. I put one Tbs or less (to tsste) into a container of plain FF Greek yogurt and use it for a dip for my raw veggies. I can eat the entire container for like 3 or 4 SP. The regular dips 2 TBS isn't enough to even wet my whistle
I use Chobani FF Greek it is the lowest in sugar I could find.4SP for the entire container. If it isn't sweet enough I just add some Splenda or Truvia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
I know that part of my problems are that I want to see a change instantly. If the scale does not move I get upset and change plans...I need to try to be patient.I do know that LC is healthier for me but it was not working because I kept cheating...I need to stick with one plan for a good length of time before getting upset with myself.....
Well that said...I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful start to the new year..
Kerri
I am like that too or I was. It takes time to change. I have to remember how long it took me to gain this weight so I can't expect it to come off over night though I sure wish it would .I have been noticing my clothes being bigger. I put on a pair of slacks the other day and couldn't wear them, as they were just way to big. I was so surprised, but glad too.
So I have to look at non scale victory's. Even getting through one day on plan with no cheats is a victory for me.

So don't give up and don't leave us . We need you and we need one another. I have a saying I like a lot.....
"With your hand in my hand together we can make it!"

Last edited by Berta48; 01-03-2017 at 08:58 AM..
Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #14
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, the info I saw on simply filling said you can eat as much of the foods on the list as you want but ya, ahem, I would think portion control would have to come in somewhere at least for me. I'm very happy with smart points and I love all the things I get with monthly membership. Entirely worth it for me. I get a lot out of the beyond the scale emphasis.

The raisin cinnamon toast is totally worth 3 sp's! That's what makes the program work-having what we really want. That's great you are stocked up and ready. I like the idea of your dry mixes. Way to go to find what works for you!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:13 AM   #15
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

kerri, it takes awhile to wrap our heads around the idea of a lifestyle instead of a diet that we go on and off of. To me, that has been the great advantage of what I'm doing right now is changing my thinking and having something that works to take with me into maintenance. I have more hopefulness than I've had with past efforts I will say that. And I'm very happy with the foods I get to eat. My mind is settling down now that I'm seeing there is no deprivation and there is no idea of cheating when you can have whatever you want. It is a process that takes time to start thinking differently but I see it as the key to long term success.

Hang in there with us. We're here for you to share our experience so far on our journeys. A great start to the new year for you also
Old 01-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #16
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Everyone
Well I was up 7 lbs But I figured it would be something of the sort.
So now I am at 243.2 But I will get it off.
I am in a brand new year with a brand new mindset

My grandson was in a bad car accident today and he was not wearing his seat belt. The car is totaled and it flipped over two or three times. HE is so gald to be alive.

I told my daughter when she called to tell me about it, that i had been praying for them about two hours ago. And she said MOM, "that is when the accident happened " SO thankful God is faithful to answer prayer

He did get to go home but his face is pretty messed up, but at least he is alive.

I am going to post some recipe on WW recipe thread later.But I had one almost finished and I hit the wrong key or something and it disappeared. So now I am frustrated but will re do it later.

It is a low fat banana nut bread for 3 SP a slice and some Potato and ham soup that is really, really good for 2 SP.

Will be back later or tomorrow.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-04-2017 at 01:00 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #17
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Oh Berta, I'm glad your grandson made it out of the wreck and was able to come home. Isn't that amazing how the spirit prompts us to pray like that? Sounds like you have a good attitude and are ready to kick it in the new year. Me too. I'll have to weigh in on Saturday this week since my driveway wasn't shoveled yet.

My food delivery arrived today so I'm all set for a healthy week. I really miss it when I can't make my meeting All in all I'm handling this snowed in thing pretty well. I'm thankful for the Internet
Old 01-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #18
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Oh Berta, I'm glad your grandson made it out of the wreck and was able to come home. Isn't that amazing how the spirit prompts us to pray like that? Sounds like you have a good attitude and are ready to kick it in the new year. Me too. I'll have to weigh in on Saturday this week since my driveway wasn't shoveled yet.

My food delivery arrived today so I'm all set for a healthy week. I really miss it when I can't make my meeting All in all I'm handling this snowed in thing pretty well. I'm thankful for the Internet
Sue
These kids just don't have any common sense! He was passing a car on a curve going 60 - 80 miles an hour trying not to be late for work The car flipped 3-4 times and no seat belt

His nose is broken and he had fat lips and scratches all over his face. The radio and gear shift and dash are completely gone from the car. He is so blessed that God took care of him.
Yes God knows right what to do and when to do it He is never late

We are getting snow tonight here.But not a lot yet. It is really cold though we have ice on our house windows

I have actually had two perfect on plan days so far
I just love my dip and raw veggies it really helps me when I want a snack.

Are you still in the mountains?? Where are you at? What State do you live in?

Well it's late and I want to post some recipes on the WW thread. Imade some ham and potato soup today and it only has 2 SP per cup. It is so good that I ate 2 cups = 4 SP for breakfast and 3 cups for dinner 8 SP and I have one left for tomorrow

Old 01-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #19
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: veggies/lower carb
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Yikes Berta!!! So thankful your GS is ok. That is so scary!!

Well I'm still here, just have not had time to read much or post. I "plan' on going to a meeting tomorrow. But I also have to do a lot so we'll see.

Did you all happen to see Opera on the Dr Oz show? I usually don't watch but she was on and she wrote a new cook book using all WW SP. It looked good. She talked about it being a way of life, not just a diet. I too believe that.

Just wanted to check in, Happy New Year ya'all

Berta, your doing great! 2 days on plan Your on your way..... I have not done 2 days yet. LOL but I'm working on it.

Anna
Old 01-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #20
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Yikes Berta!!! So thankful your GS is ok. That is so scary!!

Well I'm still here, just have not had time to read much or post. I "plan' on going to a meeting tomorrow. But I also have to do a lot so we'll see.

Did you all happen to see Opera on the Dr Oz show? I usually don't watch but she was on and she wrote a new cook book using all WW SP. It looked good. She talked about it being a way of life, not just a diet. I too believe that.

Just wanted to check in, Happy New Year ya'all

Berta, your doing great! 2 days on plan Your on your way..... I have not done 2 days yet. LOL but I'm working on it.

Anna
SO happy to see you back. Been wondering where you were

Yes it truly is a miracle he's even alive. He passed a car and then there was curve and didn't slow down enough and his car flipped & rolled over 3-4 times no seat belt on. The dash, radio and gear shift were all gone nowhere to be found and car was totaled and he walked out with only a fractured nose and scratches on his face

He was trying to get to work and be on time as they had told him if he was late again he would be fired. Well he lost his job and his car. But thankfully he had it paid for.
Well today makes 3 days perfect on plan except.... I was babysitting and gave her some cheese curls and I ate 3.BUT I stopped and for me that is a miracle.

This plan is so great. It is me that has to learn to eat right. After all these years I can't expect to change in a year. It will be a year next month I joined WW.

But I am determined to stick to it better this year than ever before.

I hope you will come back and stay with us.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-05-2017 at 05:14 PM..
Old 01-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #21
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta. I just watched the Oprah video on the WW's site. She is doing one every week. So many extras are being added to the program and I love it. Every bit helps. I'm in Northern California in the mountains above Sacramento. We got rain last nite so it washed away some of the snow. More on the way though.

So good to hear you have 3 on program days going. That is amazing when we see ourselves doing something different like with the cheese curls. Shows there has been a shift in your thinking!

Sue
Old 01-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Anna. Happy New Year. I didn't see the Oz appearance but heard it was good. She's gotten good results and is quite the cheerleader for weight watchers I hope you are able to make your meeting. I just love the meetings. There are such amazing leaders and meeting staff I've come across.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #23
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi friends. We're having a deluge of rain here. Now flooding concerns. Not where I live though thankfully. I made it to a meeting this am. Down .4 over the last 10 days. More amazing is what our meeting secretary pointed out that I lost 6.2 lbs since 11/26!! So I lost weight over the holidays this year. It's a wonder because I really did eat whatever I wanted but I tracked points every day and just kept at it even when I had days I was way over in my points.

I mean the things I ate-pie on numerous occasions, went out to eat, had biscuits with dinner, ate chocolate Christmas candies a few times... Wow, I'm sort of in awe. WW's has taught me portion control and how to moderate my eating. I know what Oprah means when she says she has made peace with food. I just wanted to share this. I swear WW's just makes me so happy. I get to eat what I really want and not have to wait until I get to goal weight and maintenance. I'm eating the same way I will continue with on maintenance.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend also.

Sue
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #24
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Shift your mindset

At our meeting today, they gave out new info for this year and little booklets called eat better, move more, and shift your mindset, along with a booklet that reviews how the program works. I'm reading the 'shift your mindset' info and it's great. Totally where I'm at and what I've been working on.

The chapters are: identify your thoughts, be self-compassionate, boost your body image, embrace happiness, live mindfully, find a community of allies, eat mindfully, and stretch it out. Love this beyond the scale part. It's what really has been effective for me. And I'm someone who has had weight and food issues since childhood. I'm feeling very thankful for coming across a program that helps me feel better about myself. Self image has such a big part in how life is lived. And there's that my friends.

Good night. Love and light.

Sue
Old 01-08-2017, 03:55 AM   #25
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: veggies/lower carb
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11

Good morning girls I did not make it to my Friday meeting. We actually had ice in south Tx and they closed the fwy I use. So I manged to go early Saturday, and I too received the materials Sue mentioned. I have not read it all, just looked at them but they look great. I love how WW is focusing on the whole body, not just weight loss. Everyone is there for the weight loss, but all the above matters too. Our Sat meeting focus was "Mind set"if your mind is not in the right place nothing is going to work. It sounds so simple, but is so true.

Anyway just a quick note, got to get ready for church.

Anna
Old 01-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #26
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
For those WW folks..... I have a question...... I watch Oprah on Dr. Oz going on about WW and how great it is... and I must admit.... she looks good. But. what is the difference between it now and say 2 years ago.... its still about points... right Please tell me what the difference is......
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:13 AM   #27
Dabbadooey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/24/17
The program completely changed in 2016. They did away with the "healthy guidelines", and they reconfigured the points system. Fiber is no longer taken into account. Protein now has lower values and carbs value has gone a good bit higher. Fruit is still zero points. It's now called smart points. The simply filling program did not change.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #28
Berta48
Berta48

Hi Gang
Well it has been a fairly good week thus far and I weigh in tomorrow evening.
We ate out Sunday after church and I had a rib eye and hash browns, so I got into my weeklies.But I do think I have lost this week. May not be much, but I have been on plan everyday but Sunday. So we shall see.

I hope everyone else has a loss this week .I'll check back in later as it bedtime and I'm tired. That little gal I baby sit I love so much, but she sure wears me out

Old 01-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #29
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi sweetpoison good to see you here. I went to WWs in the 70's and also late 90's and so I'm a retread I guess you would say What I like best about the program change that happened last year is what is called beyond the scale because the journey is about more than just weight. There is a whole emotional component involved as any of us who have struggled with weight and eating issues knows.

All the daily food tracking can be done on an app or at the ww web site and this is huge for me, so convenient and easy. I track what's called fitooints also which are points earned for activity. What's extremely popular is the addition of Connect, an online forum for members. The support there is amazing. It is so helpful to read posts by thousands of people, many of whom are lifetimers and hear what they do that works. Lots of recipes and food ideas are shared there and how people deal with everyday struggles.

Hope that helps answer your question. I've personally lost 30 lbs since last March. And I feel like I've made some significant lifestyle changes that are sustainable.

Sue
Old 01-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #30
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Another snow day here today. I was expecting rain but here we go. Forces me to take life a daat because I can't really make reliable plans for tomoro if I can't get out of my driveway So I'm working today on thinking patterns I have about winter and cold weather and my belief system that I need to eat more during this season. I'm having a lot of tea today and going to heat up some manhattan clam chowder for dinner tonite; only 4 sp's per cup. I've got some activity points in the bank and all my weeklies on the books still so I'm in good shape this week. My food delivery is expected tomoro if snow doesn't interfere. There are some new meals to try this time which makes it fun.

Berta, Sunday dinner sounds yum. That's what weeklies are for Have fun with your little cutie. I think you should earn activity points for keeping up with her

So stay warm and dry friends.

Sue