Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #331
momacat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momacat
Are you folks following the newest plan or one of the older ones? If you are following the new plan how does it differ from the older ones?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #332
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
I think Smart Points is the current one, it's been around for several years?

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #333
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Momacat Smart points is the current plan. Some people prefer the old points plus plan, so figure their points that way. Smart points differs in that it gives more heavily weighted points for sugar and fat quantities in foods. And your points go further for healthier foods with lean proteins. Fresh fruits and nonstarchy vegetables are 0 points.

There is also a simply filling plan (formerly called the core plan) that differs in that you have a list of foods to choose from and don't have to count all your points, only those not on the list that would go against a weekly point allowance.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

Sue
Old 05-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #334
momacat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momacat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Momacat Smart points is the current plan. Some people prefer the old points plus plan, so figure their points that way. Smart points differs in that it gives more heavily weighted points for sugar and fat quantities in foods. And your points go further for healthier foods with lean proteins. Fresh fruits and nonstarchy vegetables are 0 points.

There is also a simply filling plan (formerly called the core plan) that differs in that you have a list of foods to choose from and don't have to count all your points, only those not on the list that would go against a weekly point allowance.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

Sue
Thanks. I am very familar with the points plus plan and the core plan. I am not new to WW I am returned by to it. I am just trying to determine if I should switch over to smart points.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #335
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

The inaugural weight watchers cruise just got back and recipes for some of the great food served are on the website.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #336
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Well just to check in I stayed the same this week.But don't really know how.Seems I am back to my old eating habits. But I am trying hard to get a hold on it
Thanks Sue I'll check it out

Where do I find them at? I looked on WW site but didn't see anything that talked about the Cruise?

Last edited by Berta48; 05-17-2017 at 04:31 PM..
Berta48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:16 PM   #337
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta, you can find those recipes if you do a google search. I weighed in this am and was up 2 lbs. it coulda been worse There's a learning curve involved with simply filling but so far I'm enjoying it. I'm finding lots of info on Connect so it's fun exploring. I'm trying to use up what's in the fridge also before I leave early Saturday morning. When I get to Omaha, I will pick up what I need at HyVee near my sister's. I love that store and am looking forward to being able to shop there.

Anyway, just plugging along trying to keep forward movement. I've got some pics together for face to face Friday on Connect. I'll post them next.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #338
sinny
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
Hello I have been following this thread for a while ,and trying to get my head wrapped around it. I have been going to WW for ever but seem to be losing the same few lbs ,over and over. I skipped today because I know I gained what I lost last week. I have tried so many times I am overwhelmed. Is there somewhere ,where there are menu's . I don!t know where to start. I really need to get some of the weight off so I can walk. My back and knees are shot and I can feel my body breaking down from the weight. I was 297 when i realized I needed to stop what aim doing. I have been going back and forth between 285 and 290 for months. Last year I took my family on vac and I never left the condo. I am hoping I will be alittle better this year. Only 6 weeks til then. I would be happy getting into the 270's. I am 288.6 today. Sorry this is so long. I was hoping putting it out there would give me a boost.

WW 2/13 (281.4) 2/14 (268)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #339
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Can't get a before pic to load but here's last week with my son.

HW 280
SW 252
CW 213
GW 159
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3812.jpg (40.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #340
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cindy It is a tough journey no doubt. I can relate to your struggles. There are times I don't want to face the scale at a meeting so I just let them know I'm not weighing that day. It's no big deal and that way I get the support I need. Do you use the app and go on Connect? I got a lot of good ideas there from other members.

There are menu suggestions in the booklets we get when we first join. You can get those from your leader. I try and keep points low at breakfast and have Cheerios and almond milk or oatmeal. I like to have a sandwich and soup oftentimes for lunch and then a point friendly meatloaf recipe or shepherds pie or something like that for dinner. I am a volume eater so I add veggies like riced cauliflower, spiralized zucchini, spaghetti squash, green beans, chard to meals. And I have fresh fruit for snacks and also pretty regularly have Arctic Zero ice cream with some PB2 (peanut butter powder) for topping. I have a nice cup of tea with Walden's creamer to relax and calm my appetite after meals if still hungry.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Berta has posted a lot of WW recipes in the sticky above. I find it helps to keep things fresh with trying new recipes and different foods. Just keep at it, the only way to fail is to quit. It takes what it takes to get where we want to be.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #341
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Can't get a before pic to load but here's last week with my son.

HW 280
SW 252
CW 213
GW 159
Good photo. I can never figure out how do that

Old 05-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #342
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi to everyone. Hope you're having a productive week. I'm getting packed today and getting my hair colored-lots of last minute things to take care of. I leave very earlier in the am for Omaha. Have a great weekend all.

Sue
Old 05-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #343
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi from Omaha Back in my hometown and having a nice visit with my sister. Flights were ok and I was satisfied with the snacks served on the plane. They were fairly low points and I had hot tea on one leg and spent some points for cranberry juice on ice on the other leg for something refreshing. My sister wanted me last nite to go listen to a band she manages and I had club soda instead of spending points for a drink.

My other sister and her husband plan on spending Memorial Day with us so we will all hang out together visiting on the deck and I eyed some nice fresh fruit arrangements in a watermelon rind bowl at the grocery store today. So I'll get one for us and my sister I'm staying with is watching what she eats and has grilled chicken breasts prepped for the week and eats a lot of salads.

We went to a Italian buffet tonite and interestingly enough I went for fresh fruit and ice tea and hardly had much on my first plate. I tried a few of what used to be favorites of mine and I've found yet once again my tastes have changed. Fried items were unappetizing so I passed on those and tried to take small tastes of the desserts and went for strawberry shortcake, which is a summer favorite of mine. So a learning experience but way more points than my daily allowance but I'm not that concerned since we won't be doing that again haha.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:29 AM   #344
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Cricket sounds in here lately I am cleaning up my act the rest of this week now. I got my local favorites out of my system and have iced green tea in the fridge, packets of tuna, and some green beans for clean eating today and have cut up watermelon and pineapple. My sister works today so I will help her out around the house with a few things and I have a Skype workout with my trainer scheduled for this afternoon. I want to stop in at the local WW store and get a few things hopefully this am too.

My sister and I did some walking with her dog at a nearby park and I will try and post the pic. I was surprised that in the pic I look like a normal sized person. My brain hasn't caught up yet with what size I actually am now. It motivates me to keep going and be on track the rest of this week. I recommend using photos to see how far you've come, especially during tough times when further lifestyle changes are necessary to reach our goals. That's where I happen to be right now. I've made a lot of changes but still need to push forward to reach goal and lifetime. Getting there is important to me this time around. And so it is
Old 05-22-2017, 05:41 AM   #345
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Still have a little over 50 lbs to go which sometimes can seem like a long ways yet to go but it is motivating to see the progress from this last year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3897.jpg (64.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-22-2017, 06:23 AM   #346
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hard to find a before pic that will load on here. This is a from a few years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1484.jpg (35.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #347
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Sue, wow, what progress you have made! You are downright skinny! Amazing! Beautiful!

Sounds like you are doing GREAT with managing food, travel, socializing - so many temptations but you sound grounded and balanced. Good for you!

I apologize i haven't logged on here in a while. Life gets so hectic. I'm still moving along with WW and going to Orange Theory Fitness. I'm enjoying both overall. Down 22 lbs or so since starting WW almost 2 months ago. I've been at Orange Theory for 4 weeks. Great exercise. I do have my hungry days, and sometimes I worry about my fruit consumption (the calories can really add up if we don't watch it) but overall I feel I am eating rather clean and staying within my 30 smart points, moving my body and tracking it all. Can't complain.

I weigh daily (am I crazy?) and I do see days where the scale jumps up but overall the trend is downward. I am starting to get compliments (which make me really uncomfortable). Clothes fit MUCH better and I feel good about that.

Today is my birthday and my husband bought a bday cake. OY. I will have literally 1-2 bites and that's it. No need to go off the rails just because it's my birthday. We ate out at a sushi restaurant. I had raw fish, edamame and some raw vegetables - no rice. Plenty of sodium but I think I managed it overall pretty well.

Welcome to our newcomers! This is a quiet board but the quality is here, if not quantity!!

Sending warm blessings to all!

Beth

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:34 AM   #348
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Beth. Happy Birthday!! I've missed you. Thanks for the encouragement. Your results are impressive. Glad you're happy with orange theory still. It sounds like a very intense workout. I've found sushi places to be very point friendly. Love sashimi and seaweed salad.

I'm a daily weigher also and I'm missing my scale while I'm away from home. I will be going into meetings here to weigh in without knowing where my weight is before hand and I don't like that. I will try and get to a meeting today I think. I've been eating more salty foods than usual and can see in my feet and ankles that they're a little swollen so I'm braced for what I might see when I weigh in this week.

I helped my sister out by going thru and cleaning out her fridge and she has a pantry moth problem so I went thru and cleaned out all but one cabinet and I will work on that one today. The good thing is that there is more room now for my fresh fruits and things I normally buy so I can get out to Trader Joe's and stock a few more veggies I like. I'm spoiled from having access to California produce and am still looking to find good organic veggies. There's a Whole Foods nearby and I may be going there today. It's interesting how produce is now my main focus when grocery shopping.

Have a great day everyone.

Sue
Old 05-23-2017, 10:57 AM   #349
Berta48
Berta48

Hi Everyone
I have been so far off plan I have been ashamed to even come here and post. I am so tired of having to watch every little thing I put into my mouth.

And tonight is weigh in again. I know I have gained at least another 4 -5 lbs. I won't be a bit surprised if I am back to 240 again. But no one to blame but myself. I didn't even go last week to the meeting. But am determined to go tonight and face the music.

Sue you look really good. I can't figure out how to post photos on here, I never could. It is just to difficult for me to figure out.

Beth it sounds as you and Sue are both doing so well, I wish I could get my head back in the game. Perhaps I will one of these days.

You take care both of you and keep me in your prayers for strength to overcome.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #350
ImaLeo
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ImaLeo
Start Date: 1/27/05
Hello-
I checked in once then disappeared! I've been on and off plan and haven't even been to a meeting since May 2nd. I'm going tonight no matter what I may have gained. Hopefully refocus and recommit. I'm a school employee so I'll be off for the summer after this week!

Have a great week, everyone.

Patricia
Old 05-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #351
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaLeo View Post
Hello-
I checked in once then disappeared! I've been on and off plan and haven't even been to a meeting since May 2nd. I'm going tonight no matter what I may have gained. Hopefully refocus and recommit. I'm a school employee so I'll be off for the summer after this week!

Have a great week, everyone.

Patricia
Patricia

Well we are happy to have you join us. Hope you have a wonderful summer.
I am the very same way as posted above. Tonight I am going no matter the outcome.
But boy it sure does get discouraging when I don't stick with it.Just so many distractions and temptations. We are constantly going to dinners, and eating out. I wish our friends would enjoy get togethers with out food.I have suggested it and got looked at like I was nuts

Then there is my hubby that sits an arms length away from me of an evening eating anything he desires.
But then again, I am a big girl and he doesn't feed me But certainly doesn't help me either.

We are all on the same journey. It just seems I've lost my desire.

But I am praying I get it back this week as today starts a new week. That is one good thing at least we get a fresh start each week. But I am so far behind now it will take me a couple months to catch up

But I have the rest of my life no matter how long that may be. And at least I am not where I once was.

Last edited by Berta48; 05-23-2017 at 12:41 PM..
Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 PM   #352
ImaLeo
Junior LCF Member

Berta48-You and I were posting at almost the same time! So let's just bite the bullet and face the scales and start fresh !
Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #353
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta48-You and I were posting at almost the same time! So let's just bite the bullet and face the scales and start fresh !
Yes! and I just weighed I think I only gained .2 But will know in about an hour.
My scales are usually 1 lb more than at WW. So I'll check back in later or tomorrow.
WE CAN DO THIS.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #354
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

YES, YOU CAN DO THIS! YES!!!

It really is a one day at a time thing. Sometimes, it's a one hour at a time situation....or one moment at a time! I totally have my moments. But you are not alone. You have had successes and you know what to do. We are here to support you too.

Don't give up!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #355
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Sue, isn't the produce so amazing this time of year? And only getting better! It's a joy to shop the perimeter of the store!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #356
ImaLeo
Junior LCF Member

I gained 2, but that's okay since I hadn't weighed in for 3 weeks. Tomorrow is another day, and the start of another week!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #357
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
YES, YOU CAN DO THIS! YES!!!

It really is a one day at a time thing. Sometimes, it's a one hour at a time situation....or one moment at a time! I totally have my moments. But you are not alone. You have had successes and you know what to do. We are here to support you too.

Don't give up!
Not giving up, quitting isn't an option even though I feel like it at times

Old 05-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #358
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I gained 2, but that's okay since I hadn't weighed in for 3 weeks. Tomorrow is another day, and the start of another week!
I'm with you.... today is a beginning of a new week
I don't know how and I don't know why and I don't care BUT I lost
.6 lbs
All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I just knew I had gained 4-5 lbs. BUT it may show up next week as my body does that sometimes when I loose and should gain, so I will just have to really stick with it this week and we will see.

Last edited by Berta48; 05-23-2017 at 09:07 PM..
Old 05-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #359
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. I stopped in at a ww center and weighed but had them register it as nwi-no weigh in. I was up as I expected by another couple pounds. I got some oatmeals while at the center and went to Trader Joe's so I'm better stocked with the foods I usually eat. I've got organic carrots and roasted chicken and riced cauliflower, etc. so I'm feeling like I can put together some of the meals I like. I ate ok today but my sister has some Heath crumbles for baking and I got into those and they are not point friendly

Berta, I'm sort of having trouble right now too with making serious headway. I try and motivate myself by thinking of my why's and reminding myself of how far I've come. This extra weight I'm carrying is just so hard on my body lately. Everything is more effort than it should be. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers and do the same for me I get motivation from Connect a lot and hearing successful people's stories also.

Patricia welcome back. I bet it's a relief when the school year finally wraps up.

Beth, it does make a difference to me when the quality of fresh fruits is better. I'm still not consistently finding peaches as much as I would like so there's always a quest for something. It's part of what keeps me going.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:05 AM   #360
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, we were posting at the same time. I just now saw your post. Down .6!!! Yesss! I'm glad that spurs you on to be on plan this week. I've got that 'quit messing around with this' feeling myself. I need some good news at the scale next week