Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #361
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, we were posting at the same time. I just now saw your post. Down .6!!! Yesss! I'm glad that spurs you on to be on plan this week. I've got that 'quit messing around with this' feeling myself. I need some good news at the scale next week
WOW Sue
I saw your post at 5:05 am. You get up early!!!!! I am never up before 8:00 am.

But then I hardly ever get to bed before 11:00 or 12 am either.

Yes I was truly shocked I didn't gain . But hopefully and prayerfully it won't catch me this week.

I was honestly ready to throw in the towel per say. But the meeting really helped and encouraged me as well as the people there. And of course all my buds here

I am ordering the Protein Kodiak Cake mix today. I hope I like it. Also some of the Quest bars. Have you eaten any of those?

They drew my name out of the basket last night at the meeting and I won a pkg of the Dijon mustard mini pretzels from WW. I liked them, they were 2 SP.Not many any in the pkg but it was enough to get me through until dinner .

Well let's have a great week and a loss this week . Take care my friend

Last edited by Berta48; 05-24-2017 at 08:46 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #362
Berta48
Berta48

Well I got my order in at Netrition. This what I purchased....

1 Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix, Whole Grain Buttermilk 20 oz. by Kodiak Cakes

1 Protein Chips, BBQ 1 bag by Quest Nutrition (2 SP for the whole bag, same points for all flavors)

1 Protein Chips, Cheddar & Sour Cream 1 bag

1 Protein Chips, Sour Cream & Onion 1 bag

1 Quest Bar, Naturally Sweetened, Cinnamon Roll 1 bar

1 Quest Bar, Naturally Sweetened, Coconut Cashew

1 Quest Bar, Naturally Sweetened, Lemon Cream Pie 1 bar

1 Quest Bar, Blueberry Muffin 1 bar

1 Quest Bar, Vanilla Almond Crunch 1 bar

Sure hope I like everything

Last edited by Berta48; 05-24-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Old 05-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #363
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, I got some of those pretzels yesterday. They are good. I like the plain ones better that were discontinued. I can't eat the quest bars because they contain sugar alcohols that don't agree with me.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #364
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I got some of those pretzels yesterday. They are good. I like the plain ones better that were discontinued. I can't eat the quest bars because they contain sugar alcohols that don't agree with me.
Well I found some here at our HyVee but I sure don't like the coconut one. YUCK And it was one of them I ordered. I tasted the lemon and it is good. But didn't want to eat it all as I didn't want to use the 3 SP.

Hope I like the Kodiak Protein mix

We can still get the plain have you looked on line?

Well hubby just came home so will chat with you later.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #365
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Berta, let us know how you like more of those products! I LOVE QUEST PRODUCTS!!! I use the protein powder, the bars and the chips - all pretty good tasting and definitely on the "cleaner" end as far as sugars and list of ingredients. I didn't know you could get them from Netrition. I have been buying them from GNC, Amazon and even Walmart (I hate Walmart but I went against my morals and got the chips there anyway!). Most of those bars are 4 WW points. Some are 5 but I don't buy those flavors. The chips are 2 WW points. I love the chips! The protein powder is only 1 smart point per serving.

Today I had some of the powder for breakfast but instead of a shake, I mixed one scoop of the Quest protein powder (cinnamon crunch) into Fage nonfat Greek yogurt along with some chia seeds. Protein PACKED!!! I also like to make iced coffee and mix it in the Vitamix with ice cubes and the Quest protein powder (chocolate or vanilla). It makes a great coffee sweet drink and has tons of protein in it...1 smart point!

Guys...I hit the 25 lb mark this morning! I teared up! That was an exciting milestone. I feel so great on WW. Thanks for your support here!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:46 PM   #366
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
Berta, let us know how you like more of those products! I LOVE QUEST PRODUCTS!!! I use the protein powder, the bars and the chips - all pretty good tasting and definitely on the "cleaner" end as far as sugars and list of ingredients. I didn't know you could get them from Netrition. I have been buying them from GNC, Amazon and even Walmart (I hate Walmart but I went against my morals and got the chips there anyway!). Most of those bars are 4 WW points. Some are 5 but I don't buy those flavors. The chips are 2 WW points. I love the chips! The protein powder is only 1 smart point per serving.

Today I had some of the powder for breakfast but instead of a shake, I mixed one scoop of the Quest protein powder (cinnamon crunch) into Fage nonfat Greek yogurt along with some chia seeds. Protein PACKED!!! I also like to make iced coffee and mix it in the Vitamix with ice cubes and the Quest protein powder (chocolate or vanilla). It makes a great coffee sweet drink and has tons of protein in it...1 smart point!

Guys...I hit the 25 lb mark this morning! I teared up! That was an exciting milestone. I feel so great on WW. Thanks for your support here!

CONGRATULATIONS THAT'S TRULY AWESOME.
25 lbs since August? WOW I have now only lost a little bit more than that ( I had little over 40) and I've been at it two years

Well I am not real crazy about the Quest bars. I like the lemon one okay it was only 3 SP, but the rest of them I bought come out on the calculator at 4 SP.

I haven't received the order from Netriton yet so I don't know how I will like the others or the Kodiak mix.But will let you know.

I tried something new this a.m. for breakfast. I took a pkg of the cauliflower rice with veggies( tiny tiny pieces of broccoli and carrots) and sauteed them then added 2 scrambled eggs and cooked till the eggs were set and added some soy sauce. I had added salt prior to the Soy sauce and it was to salty for me. So next time I won't add the salt. I got 4 cups for like 5 SP. It was something different to change things up a bit.

We again CONGRATULATIONS. you are doing really really great

Old 05-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #367
Berta48
Berta48

I am here tonight to brag on myself
The last Thursday of every month we have a WM'S (womens ministry) meeting
So tonight they served Tacos. I did not eat any of it. I didn't know the percent of fat in the meat so I just ate some of watermelon that I took.

There was about three different times that ugly voice in my head told me to go ahead and eat(since I hadn't any supper yet)But I overcame.And believe me it smelled wonderful

IT was hard BUT I DID IT So onward I go for the rest of the week.
I have that five lbs to get off I gained a few weeks back

Old 05-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #368
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, wow!! 25 lbs!! You are doing so awesome Congratulations. All your planning ahead and prepping is paying off. What do you think is different this time that's working for you with this way of life?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #369
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, great NSV sticking with your plan. Eating with other people is my biggest challenge so I salute you for staying firm. Coincidentally I had tacos for dinner. I used 96% lean beef from Trader Joe's and a one point Olé Xtreme tortilla wrap and loaded it w fresh tomatoes and lettuce. Earlier I had fat free refried beans with carrots for my snack.

So, good for you taking a new approach to wm's nite!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #370
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Got a new WW cookbook today called 'eat what you love'. It's all clean eating and simply filling recipes and includes smart points. I also got a little book of 0 point recipes-a couple of finds at the meeting I went to today

I'm having some lavender-lemon tea, a brand new celestial seasonings tea I found this week, to relax after dinner. And I put a tsp of raw honey into it for 1 sp. Who am I becoming? My idea of what constitutes a treat has certainly shifted. While I was out today, I also found some good organic peaches at Whole Foods. They make me much happier than junk food ever did and being 0 points helps.

So far cleaner eating is agreeing with me. It remains to be seen what the scale has to say about it though
Old 05-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #371
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Got a new WW cookbook today called 'eat what you love'. It's all clean eating and simply filling recipes and includes smart points. I also got a little book of 0 point recipes-a couple of finds at the meeting I went to today

I'm having some lavender-lemon tea, a brand new celestial seasonings tea I found this week, to relax after dinner. And I put a tsp of raw honey into it for 1 sp. Who am I becoming? My idea of what constitutes a treat has certainly shifted. While I was out today, I also found some good organic peaches at Whole Foods. They make me much happier than junk food ever did and being 0 points helps.

So far cleaner eating is agreeing with me. It remains to be seen what the scale has to say about it though
Sue
I tried the SF for awhile but just so many things I like that I missed. And I have to learn to eat smaller portions and stick with those. This is something I have to do the rest of my life and I don't honesty think I could do SF the rest of my life. But more power to you if you can.

So far this week I have only used 1 weekly SP. I can hardly believe it

I have switched my eating a lot too. Low fat cottage cheese and SF peaches for breakfast, cauliflower veggie rice with egg for breakfast.

Lunch has been fruit and vegetables. I like canned diced tomatoes eat them right out of the can I bought strawberries. I found a recipe for shortcake that is only 1 SP for 2 of them. They are not big but they certainly are wonderful tasting.My husband raved over them . I will post it on the WW thread later this week.

Maybe you would post the zero points recipes you got at the meeting ???? PLEASE

I hope we all have a great weigh in this week.

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO ALL THE GANG HERE <3

Last edited by Berta48; 05-27-2017 at 09:32 PM..
Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #372
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, great NSV sticking with your plan. Eating with other people is my biggest challenge so I salute you for staying firm. Coincidentally I had tacos for dinner. I used 96% lean beef from Trader Joe's and a one point Olé Xtreme tortilla wrap and loaded it w fresh tomatoes and lettuce. Earlier I had fat free refried beans with carrots for my snack.

So, good for you taking a new approach to wm's nite!

Old 05-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #373
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, peaches and cottage cheese is a favorite of mine There is definitely a learning curve I'm going through w sf. It does force healthier eating. I've been using a lot of my weeklies as I figure this out but I like what I'm learning and the changes I'm making in lifestyle. Some people regularly go back and forth between points and sf. I like a challenge so I want to get the sf plan down and make it work for me. I should have enough weeklies to have other foods I want once I get this down a little better.

Well, I need a little nap before I go to my sisters for a BBQ so will be back later or tomoro.

Sue
Old 05-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #374
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, peaches and cottage cheese is a favorite of mine There is definitely a learning curve I'm going through w sf. It does force healthier eating. I've been using a lot of my weeklies as I figure this out but I like what I'm learning and the changes I'm making in lifestyle. Some people regularly go back and forth between points and sf. I like a challenge so I want to get the sf plan down and make it work for me. I should have enough weeklies to have other foods I want once I get this down a little better.

Well, I need a little nap before I go to my sisters for a BBQ so will be back later or tomoro.

Sue

Old 05-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #375
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

You guys are doing great! Good for you! Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

All is well here. I managed to deal with dinner out for my husband's birthday in NYC. I ate in moderation, tracked all and was the designated driver so no alcohol for me (I'm not a big drinker anyway). Got in TONS of physical activity that day and showed no gain on the scale, miraculously.

Continuing to love Orange Theory Fitness. If you have it near you, consider trying a free class! It's really helping me with my anxiety AND weight loss. It makes me happy. I feel stronger. WW is a part of my chapter now, but Orange Theory is equally critical for me now~ I'm so shocked i enjoy exercising again!!

Stay on track, everyone! Let's do it!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #376
Berta48
Berta48

Beth
You are the one doing grrrrreat

I am struggling. BIG TIME.
But I have only used 4 weekly SP this week and tomorrow is weigh day
So for me that is a NSV

WISHING EVERYONE A BLESSED, HAPPY & SAFE MEMORIAL DAY!

Old 05-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #377
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Happy Memorial Day my friends. I give many thanks to those who have sacrificed for our freedom.

My NSV today is that my summer top and pants I'm wearing are loose this summer. And I considered shopping for some new summer clothes but I am happy to find I'm quite hopeful that before long I will be even smaller

I'm without my scale and not able to do my daily weigh ins to know exactly where I am, so I won't know for sure until I weigh in at my meeting this week. That makes me a little nervous.

Anyway, enjoy your day everyone.

Sue
Old 05-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #378
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Happy Memorial Day my friends. I give many thanks to those who have sacrificed for our freedom.

My NSV today is that my summer top and pants I'm wearing are loose this summer. And I considered shopping for some new summer clothes but I am happy to find I'm quite hopeful that before long I will be even smaller

I'm without my scale and not able to do my daily weigh ins to know exactly where I am, so I won't know for sure until I weigh in at my meeting this week. That makes me a little nervous.

Anyway, enjoy your day everyone.

Sue
Sue
Hoping you have a great Memorial Day too. I have my flag out and it's flying in the wind
I too am so thankful for those who gave their lives for our freedom.It would be so nice if wars would cease forever. And everyone be at peace with one another.

I imagine you will do great at the scales this week. I am hopeful for the same

We will BBQ tonight and I'm fixing corn on the cob, fresh green beans, pork Kabobs skewers, vegetable kabobs and strawberry shortcake for desert

I posted on the recipe thread the recipe for the shortcakes. 2 of them are 1 SP Strawberries 0 SP and if you ad whipped cream you need to add those SP in.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #379
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

GREAT NSVs, folks! And yummy menu!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 05-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #380
Berta48
Berta48

Well today's is the day I weigh, Sure pray I lost.
Not staying for the meeting as we have to go to a birthday BBQ I am hoping there are a few things I can eat.

My Netrition order still hasn't arrived, but more than likely because of the Holiday. I am sorry I bought the Quest bars as I am not that fond of them,I hope I like the Kodiak mix. I should have purchased the Quest here and tried them first but didn't realize they sold them here.

Beth been wondering where you were. I'm happy you checked in.

Well folks I will let everyone know how I do at the scales tonight.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #381
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I put a screen shot up of one of the 0 point recipes. Hopefully it's not too blurry to read. Your potato salad looks like a good one. I like that it uses chobani-good way to cut points
Old 05-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #382
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Well today's is the day I weigh, Sure pray I lost.
Not staying for the meeting as we have to go to a birthday BBQ I am hoping there are a few things I can eat.

My Netrition order still hasn't arrived, but more than likely because of the Holiday. I am sorry I bought the Quest bars as I am not that fond of them,I hope I like the Kodiak mix. I should have purchased the Quest here and tried them first but didn't realize they sold them here.

Beth been wondering where you were. I'm happy you checked in.

Well folks I will let everyone know how I do at the scales tonight.
Berta that made me chuckle
You did the "pray-in weigh-in"

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:08 AM   #383
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Berta that made me chuckle
You did the "pray-in weigh-in"
Well It was answered NO. But I know it was from my horrible eating from last week. Onward I go to a better week this week.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 AM   #384
Berta48
Berta48

Well gang I gained a 1.8 this week
But like I posted above to Dottie I know it was from last week when I lost and should have gained.

My body tends to do that and it is frustrating, but I can't change it. So it is what it is.

Also we went to a Birthday party last night of some very dear frineds son. They invited us to a BBQ. SO I thought I'll take watermelon and if there isn't anything I can eat I will just eat watermelon.

I had only eaten 8 SP the whole day when we arrived there at 6:00 pm. Everyone else was running late and didn't arrive until 6:30 or a bit later so I was EXTREMELY hungry.

Well the Host walks in carrying three large boxes of Pizza????

I ate 2 pieces so I have no idea if I will gain this week or not. They also had a ice cream cake.But I did not eat any of it.

After I posted yesterday my Netrition order hadn't arrived. I got it.

I love the Quest protein Chips and I am going to try the Kodiak Mix for my breakfast today.

Not a big fan of Quest bars. I won't be ordering any more of those ever. But I do plan on ordering the six pkg of BBQ Chips and the Cheddar ones.

Well hoping I can get it together this week I am sure headed in the wrong directions so far. So aggravating.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:29 AM   #385
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

The verdict is in... Simply Filling is working for me big time. Down 5.4 this am. Only 8 more lbs now to Onederland!!! I'm feeling quite happy
Old 06-01-2017, 11:19 AM   #386
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
The verdict is in... Simply Filling is working for me big time. Down 5.4 this am. Only 8 more lbs now to Onederland!!! I'm feeling quite happy
:hi gh5:

So happy it is working for you. I just couldn't do it. You are doing just GRRRRREAT

Old 06-01-2017, 04:05 PM   #387
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Berta. I found out that my weeklies went from 42 to 35 now. What?!? The price of success The truth is I've been way over my weeklies while learning sf. My hope is to stay closer within them this week but not gonna worry if I do use them all. I've been using points for things like my protein shake, pb2 peanut powder, 100 calorie packs of almonds (3 sp's)-healthy foods really but just not on the sf list. I'm still learning how to personalize and make it work for me
Old 06-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #388
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I wanted to say I think you did well at the BBQ to only have 2 pieces of pizza and to bring watermelon. The salt could have made a dif in your weigh in. I find it is aggravating also when eating on others people's schedules. I'm glad the protein chips work for you. I'll be anxious to hear how u like the Kodiak pancakes.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #389
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, I'm glad you found something you like with orange theory. One of my Connect friends is really into that also. It makes a difference to have activities that suit us. That's how I feel about my pilates and line dancing
Old 06-01-2017, 09:09 PM   #390
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I wanted to say I think you did well at the BBQ to only have 2 pieces of pizza and to bring watermelon. The salt could have made a dif in your weigh in. I find it is aggravating also when eating on others people's schedules. I'm glad the protein chips work for you. I'll be anxious to hear how u like the Kodiak pancakes.
Sue
I'm certain it was because of the way I ate last week and lost .6 when I should have gained. My body tends to do that it likes playing catch up

But I have only used 1 weekly so far this week. And I have been to the bathroom many times unloading. So I feel I will have a good loss this Tuesday at weigh in. But will have to wait and see.

I liked the Kodiak Protein Buttermilk Cake mix. I put Maple Grove SF Syrup on them and ate 2 pcs. of center cut bacon.It was really good

The zero points recipe you posted I was unable to read it as the lettering was to small But it was a veggie kabob and I can make those

Last edited by Berta48; 06-01-2017 at 09:11 PM..