Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #391
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 206 GW 159
WOE: WW Smart Points & Simply Filling
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Good morning Berta. You've got a total blue dot week going. That's the way to get results

Glad the Kodiak cakes worked for you. I find them very satisfying. I'm going to have some Sara Lee toast w cream cheese and smoked salmon this morning is what sounds good to me.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Sue

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #392
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Good morning Berta. You've got a total blue dot week going. That's the way to get results

Glad the Kodiak cakes worked for you. I find them very satisfying. I'm going to have some Sara Lee toast w cream cheese and smoked salmon this morning is what sounds good to me.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Sue
Sue
What's a blue dot?? And also I've been hearing people talk about 10,000 steps what is that all about?

I only like Salmon in the can. But I really like it that way. We had baked catfish last night I LOVE it!!! I put about a TBS of cornmeal on it and just bake it.
I also like Sardines in mustard. I haven't tried the kind in tomato sauce. I may have to get some and try it with saltines

I know in the old days at WW we were to eat fish 3 x a week. Maybe I need to do that. I lost 75 lbs back then on that plan.
I needed to loose to have a baby. She is now 36 years old. So it has been sometime ago

Let's have a great loss this week If I loose even half of what you did last week I will be thrilled to the hilt

Wonder what happened to Beth,Pam and Rubee ?????

P.S. I was honest and changed my ticker weight

Last edited by Berta48; 06-02-2017 at 09:08 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #393
leisha
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/188/155
WOE: Keto LCHF
Start Date: 2005 Joined LCF Mar 1 '17 Keto
I'm just dropping in your thread to say hi, Roberta!! I've been back on LCF for the past couple of days and realized how much I missed it!!
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24
210 208 206 205 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #394
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
I'm just dropping in your thread to say hi, Roberta!! I've been back on LCF for the past couple of days and realized how much I missed it!!

Hey there my friend. Good to see you

Well I am still at it and still struggling. losing weight is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my entire life.

But I can't quit as I would be right back where I was and more.

I have never been able to discipline myself to LC. I love potatoes, bread, pasta etc. I do limit to the normal portions on WW though. And I do not eat them every meal or even every day. But I sure do when I want to.

I wish you the best on LC plan. Hugs and lots of love

What thread are you on now???

Last edited by Berta48; 06-02-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Old 06-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #395
leisha
Major LCF Poster!

I'm on the June Keto thread and my This Time=Last Time journal too. I agree with you. Losing weight (and eventually keeping it all off) is the hardest thing I've ever done too. If we could just quit eating like folks quit smoking and drinking do I think it would be a lot easier than just learning to do it the right way and doing it like that forever.

But, that's the way it is so we've just got to keep on keeping on!

Best of luck to you! You look great!!
This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24
210 208 206 205 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156
Old 06-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #396
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, blue dots are on the app on the journey link at the bottom. U get a blue dot for every day you are in the healthy eating range of between 3 points under your daily points to 7 points over.

10,000 steps is the suggested amount each day and you would measure them on a Fitbit or other tracker or your phone's health app usually. I get about 2,00-2,500 in. 10,000 has not been doable for me.

I haven't had catfish in a long time. I'm actually thinking of having it tomoro at a restaurant I'm going to with my sisters on the Platte river. It is 5 points for the fried version and would be worth it I think. Of course I will want tartar sauce and will have to count those points The place has grilled zucchini, so I will have it for my side dish.

I have sardines in water I keep around for a snack. I used those a lot when doing the Dukan diet. I do think fish is a good choice for health.

If you lost 75 before, you can do it again. Even if it was 36 years ago I think we need to keep remembering our why's. It helps with motivation.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #397
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

leisha, glad you stopped by. Lcf's is such a great place for support. I've always missed it when I've been away also. You're right, the keeping it off part is the trick isn't it? It's such an individual journey. I wish you the best with your journey. Stop in and visit anytime. We can use the company because our thread is often sort of quiet
Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM   #398
leisha
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! I always say that when I get to my goal weight I'm maintaining with WW. It has always been the healthiest plan in my opinion. I'm just at a desperate time for more drastic measures at my age and weight right now. I'm a life time member from way back when I was young and thought I was fat at 148 pounds!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #399
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well and feeling encouraged and strong. We can do this. It's one day at a time. Perfection is impossible...but progress and consistency are!

I wanted to swing by and say hello. I'm having a good month of June so far. I have upped the exercise and am dropping weight this past week well. This morning I hit 30 lbs down! That feels good. People are definitely commenting and noticing...that makes me feel a little self conscious, to be honest. I don't love it! But on the other hand, it's so great that my clothes are loose (my donation bag is growing) and that I feel so much stronger since working out regularly.

Let's all stay committed, everyone! We got this!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:45 AM   #400
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

leisha, lifetime is really a nice thing w WW's. I'm looking forward to getting there. Friends from my meeting who are at lifetime all talk about how it is continual work so I am setting up my mindset for that. Everyone I know who is maintaining says it is actually harder work than losing. I just don't want to have to face doing all this losing again. I've lost and regained too many times over the years and I feel like all the yo-yo ing has taken a toll on me physically and emotionally. So I'm prepared to do what I need to for my long term health this time.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:54 AM   #401
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, you are doing so awesome I know what you mean about people noticing. I'm used to being overlooked due to my weight and being sort of anonymous. I'm pretty much starting to look like a normal size person and it's an adjustment. It's still odd to me to be buying medium size clothes.

I've been pretty focused this summer. I want to find myself in the fall having made good headway towards goal. Vigilance does pay off. I've got some eating out I will be doing in the next few weeks and I'm just going to have to really be careful about choices and focus on enjoying the people I'm with and focus on non food enjoyment.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #402
leisha
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
leisha, lifetime is really a nice thing w WW's. I'm looking forward to getting there. Friends from my meeting who are at lifetime all talk about how it is continual work so I am setting up my mindset for that. Everyone I know who is maintaining says it is actually harder work than losing. I just don't want to have to face doing all this losing again. I've lost and regained too many times over the years and I feel like all the yo-yo ing has taken a toll on me physically and emotionally. So I'm prepared to do what I need to for my long term health this time.
Well said!! I've yo-yoed for years too and I'm sure it's not healthy. I'm trying to already get myself in the maintaining mode too because I want this to be the last time I ever have to lose this weight too!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #403
Berta48
Berta48

HI Gang
Hope you all are doing better than myself.

I didn't go to my meeting this week. But I think I lost. But I thought so last week too and gained.

I sure am tired of this. But if I quit I will get back and beyond where I was. So I know that for me too it is for a lifetime .OHHH MY what a thought. Well one good thing is I am old so I wont have to go as long as the rest of you

Take friends and hopefully we will all loose this week.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #404
homestretch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155 Restarting 6/7/17
WOE: WW
Start Date: 6/7/17
Trying Weight Watchers

Hi All,
I was very active on the boards many years ago when I followed a very strict low carb plan. While I believe in living low carb, I needed a change and I need to lose 29 pounds to get back to my goal weight. I decided to try the Weight Watchers plan since I have a very busy lifestyle with lost of eating out etc. I am hoping that this will allow me to continue my lifestyle while making healthier choices. I am looking forward to feeling and looking better. Any tips will be much appreciated. I am currently doing the online program but am considering doing meetings too.

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:34 AM   #405
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

homestretch, I think you will find using the smart points to be a very flexible way to go. It's not a quick fix sort of thing but is sustainabke long term. The WW app is very good and the Connect area is worth checking out. It's encouraging to see how many people are having success. I've found the smart points slowly moved me towards eating more veg and fruits and lean proteins and showed me a way to use portion control for higher calorie foods but still fit in treats when I really want them.

Glad to have you here with us
Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 AM   #406
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, don't get discouraged. Hopefully you can find something to make things fresh for you. For me, being lighter this summer has been a NSV I've focused on and wearing summer clothes this year in smaller sizes. I mixed things up by eating a little differently also. And I make sure to have high point treats and fit them in if I am really wanting them so I don't feel deprived.

Lately I've been wanting mashed potatoes mixed with cauliflower to stretch them and a nice veggie like asparagus, green beans, or mixed veg with my own gravy I make out of broth and thickened with a small amount of cornstarch and seasoned with Trader Joe's 21 seasoning. Then I have turkey or lean beef with it. This has been satisfying to me. I got some light English muffins this week and Canadian bacon, which are both low points and have been incorporating them. For snack yesterday, I had pb2 on a toasted muffin w a tsp of honey. It satisfied me pretty well for a few points. I was craving something chocolate, so I made chocolate almond milk with a T of Dagoba chocolate powder (0 points) and sugar free creamer.

I was feeling really snacky yesterday so I also made some 0 point Thai ice tea with authentic tea bags I get from world market and Walden sweet cream from netrition. I know you've been unhappy with Walden's but these creamers have really cut points for me and given me options.

Anyway, these are just a few ideas I've been using to get through. I'm praying you find some new inspiration also. It's constantly an effort to keep tweaking choices to make the program work for me. I go thru one transition after another it seems
Old 06-08-2017, 05:47 AM   #407
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Sue I have a question about Simply Filling, if you don't mind?
What proteins are you using? I tried it when it first came out and it was pretty limited in things like canned salmon and tuna?
Thanks

I think I was eating too many olives and avocado, too lol

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:49 AM   #408
Dottie
Administrator

oops also found a .pdf file of a sample menu, looks like some good recipes:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/images...ower_foods.pdf

Need to contact LCF?

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Old 06-08-2017, 06:22 AM   #409
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Up 1.2 at my weigh in this am. What ?!? One of those weeks I can't really explain. I actually ate less than usual. Maybe that's the reason-didn't get enuf nutrition... I did simply filling but several times figured points just to see where I was at and was under my daily allowance. So hmmm, gonna try and eat more I guess.

I had a huge loss last week so not unusual to see the scale take a bounce up but geesh. I really worked it this last week I thought Gonna have another good week and hope it all comes together next weigh in
Old 06-08-2017, 06:31 AM   #410
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Dottie, not all foods scan correctly for simply filling so I keep that in mind but I use Trader Joe's meats a lot. Their 96% lean ground beef is a green circle food and their turkey slices and grilled chicken in the refrigerated section. Tuna, salmon, sashimi at sushi restaurants. And I do go to lowcarb staples like canned sardines. Eggs of course are simply filling too.

I use olives a lot but they're not too many points so I use some weeklies for them. I actually will substitute 65 gm of avocado for the 2 tsps of oil allowed each day. I got that idea from someone on Connect. So it's a personal tweak I do. I didn't have avo but once this last week and didn't lose like I wanted so I will make sure to have it more this week. I think better nutrition makes a difference. Thanks for the menu link. I will check it out.

Last edited by RW City Sue; 06-08-2017 at 06:33 AM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #411
Dottie
Administrator

Thanks for the info

Need to contact LCF?

Old 06-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #412
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Up 1.2 at my weigh in this am. What ?!? One of those weeks I can't really explain. I actually ate less than usual. Maybe that's the reason-didn't get enuf nutrition... I did simply filling but several times figured points just to see where I was at and was under my daily allowance. So hmmm, gonna try and eat more I guess.

I had a huge loss last week so not unusual to see the scale take a bounce up but geesh. I really worked it this last week I thought Gonna have another good week and hope it all comes together next weigh in
Sue
That's what's happened to me. I think I'll gain - I'll loose. Think I'll loose - I gain. Just so frustrated

I have been changing my meal plan. I have been eating RF cottage cheese with SF sliced peaches, (for a meal) Turkey lean bologna with Sara Lee 45 cal. bread and Quest Protein chips (2SP) and baby carrots.(for a meal)
And fish and small baked potato and spinach or beets or green beans. (for a meal)OR Baked chicken with a salad and RF or Light dressing.
Instead of eggs & bacon , beef etc.

So we'll see what happens at the scales this week when I weigh in.

But the thing is I don't want to eat like that all the rest of my life. I want to be able to eat what I want even if it is smaller portions. And WW is suppose to be a plan where you can eat anything you want as long as you count points. So I just don't know

And after almost 2 years to only loose the 30 some I have now lost instead of the forty. I think of all the money it has cost me
But I will keep on keeping on Also we haven't eaten out in over three weeks now.

Last edited by Berta48; 06-08-2017 at 08:16 AM..
Old 06-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #413
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, the struggle is real. It's constant effort to keep trying to figure all this out. It really is a long endeavor. Sometimes I have to remind myself how long it took for me to put the weight on over the years. It does help to look at my before pic also. I ate sort of not great today and I have to say that didn't make me happy either. My old habits are just not as satisfying as feeling better with the extra weight off of me. So there's no turning back I guess is my conclusion.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:47 AM   #414
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, the struggle is real. It's constant effort to keep trying to figure all this out. It really is a long endeavor. Sometimes I have to remind myself how long it took for me to put the weight on over the years. It does help to look at my before pic also. I ate sort of not great today and I have to say that didn't make me happy either. My old habits are just not as satisfying as feeling better with the extra weight off of me. So there's no turning back I guess is my conclusion.
Sue
You are so right! And I know quitting isn't an option. It is just that it gets so frustrating. But I am doing much better this week ( I think)

I'm a every day morning weigher and I was down about 3 lbs today. BUT I will gain those 3 back by evening. I weigh about that much more of an evening. I have considered not weighing in at the meetings and weighing here at home once a week of a morning.. I don't know if they allow that or not. But it all works out the same I suppose.

Thanks for the encouragement it was very much needed

Old 06-10-2017, 07:23 AM   #415
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, when I'm at home, I weigh myself right before going out the door to a meeting so I have a good idea of what my weigh in will be. I often will ask for nwi, no weigh in, and they are totally alright with that and I stay and enjoy the meeting then weigh in next time so it all doesn't mess as much with my head. The only time weigh ins are even required is to keep lifetime status and that's only once a month.

I went to the first part of my class reunion and it was so good to see these women I went to school with (all girls school) It's the first reunion I've gotten back for and was our 45th. Yikes! They had a buffet of appetizer foods and I chose some meatballs and a chicken tender and some carrots with ranch dressing and some strawberries and a small triangle of salami. There were some brownies and another dessert and cheesey dip but I easily passed on all those. Just wasn't worth it to me. That's what I love about WW's is somehow I've learned to know how to deal with these situations and not feel deprived. I love feeling confident in food situations now. If I wanted the high point things I could have had them and I like knowing I could. I've become very choosy about a dessert having to be something very special to entice me

It's so good to go home and not feel regretful about eating too much and having focused on the people I was there to see. We took a tour around the school and it was fun and we laughed a lot and shared memories. I got lots of steps in on my Fitbit. I didn't remember all those stairs though. It's funny how they were a non issue back then Oh to be young...
Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #416
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Got over 4300 steps in yesterday on my Fitbit, which is quite a lot for me. My hip is a little sore today but it was worth it to have fun touring my old high school. I'll take a few baby aspirins today and do some stretching
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3987.jpg (19.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #417
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Got over 4300 steps in yesterday on my Fitbit, which is quite a lot for me. My hip is a little sore today but it was worth it to have fun touring my old high school. I'll take a few baby aspirins today and do some stretching
Hello Sue
WOW you did great. So proud of you.

I haven't gotten to that point yet I guess. Once in awhile it doesn't bother me more often than not I cave in Perhaps one day

I have been pretty well on plan so far.But we are eating out tomorrow after church, so hopefully they will all go some place that has a good menu I can order from.

If I stay busy I do much better. But after babysitting all week I am so tired I just want to rest. If we didn't need the extra money I would quit. But alas we do need it.

I am so far behind on my crafts I don't know if I will be able to even enter the craft shows this fall

I have never been to any reunions and have I no desire to. I did not have a good high school experience and most of my friends were out of school or a grade above or below me. I graduated in 1966 so it's been 51 years for me

Hope we all have a loss this week. I really need it.

Last edited by Berta48; 06-10-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Old 06-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #418
Berta48
Berta48

WOW this board is really getting quite.
Well today is my weigh in day. I am going to go weigh in but I can't stay for the meeting as I have a bunch of shopping to do. I cant go through the day as hubby has the car. So since we only have one I am grounded until after 3:00 everyday.

But I babysit most days anyway so it really doesn't matter and that does save us money on gas, insurance and upkeep. If I really needed a car I could just take him to work and pick him up.

I feel as if I have lost this week, but I thought that last week too. So again we'll see

I hope everyone is well and doing good on plan. So till next time, take care and God Bless.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #419
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I was thinking the same thing about this thread-cue cricket sounds I really hope your weigh in is good. I am doing mine tomoro morning and feel lighter but we know those scales don't always agree with us on that... Can't wait til I get back to my home scale so I have an idea during the week and before the meeting of where I'm at.

I'm headed to my other sister's house in Lincoln tomoro then we leave for the Ozarks early Saturday morning. Food will be hard to plan but we are going to stop at the grocery store before we get to her cabin and stock the fridge so I can hopefully lay in a supply of fresh fruit and get almond milk for my Cheerios Maybe I can get turkey slices to have for protein and carrots for snacking. I'm packing my teas and my Walden's creamer to take and 0 point pancake syrup and dressing packets. So, that's the plan.

I just really want to keep on track for reaching my goals. I've been doing twice a week Skype workouts with my trainer back home to keep up my strength but won't get in workouts next week. We are planning on canoeing and doing a lot of walking. Hope I can keep up with my sister-she's 10 years younger!
Old 06-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #420
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I was thinking the same thing about this thread-cue cricket sounds I really hope your weigh in is good. I am doing mine tomoro morning and feel lighter but we know those scales don't always agree with us on that... Can't wait til I get back to my home scale so I have an idea during the week and before the meeting of where I'm at.

I'm headed to my other sister's house in Lincoln tomoro then we leave for the Ozarks early Saturday morning. Food will be hard to plan but we are going to stop at the grocery store before we get to her cabin and stock the fridge so I can hopefully lay in a supply of fresh fruit and get almond milk for my Cheerios Maybe I can get turkey slices to have for protein and carrots for snacking. I'm packing my teas and my Walden's creamer to take and 0 point pancake syrup and dressing packets. So, that's the plan.

I just really want to keep on track for reaching my goals. I've been doing twice a week Skype workouts with my trainer back home to keep up my strength but won't get in workouts next week. We are planning on canoeing and doing a lot of walking. Hope I can keep up with my sister-she's 10 years younger!

Sue
Sounds as if you will be having a really great time. I wish I were younger and was able to do more activities. I use to LOVE to swim but my knees and bones won't let me any longer and that is the least stress on them of any exercise.

Have you tried non fat Chobani Greek Yogurt(2 SP for 1 cup) with 1 TBS light sour cream (1 SP) and and 1 tbs of dry Hidden Valley onion dip mix in it?(1 SP)
For 5 SP for the entire container. 1 full cup. Beats the 2 TBS of other dips.
Then eat petite baby carrots, celery , cucumbers, raw zucchini, or cherry tomatoes or raw cauliflower or broccoli with it. I can never eat the entire container. But I LOVE it. The Chobani has less sugar of any plain yogurt that I have found here. I do add a tad of sweetener to it.

Well I really hope you have a safe and fun filled week.Wish I could go with you

Last edited by Berta48; 06-13-2017 at 12:54 PM..