Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #421
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
I like chobani and have some in the fridge right now. Haven't decided what to use it for but it's simply filling is why I got it.

My summer certainly is turning out busy so far.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2017, 06:09 PM   #422
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
I like chobani and have some in the fridge right now. Haven't decided what to use it for but it's simply filling is why I got it.

My summer certainly is turning out busy so far.

Sue
My weigh was not what I expected and I am frustrated to the limits
I stayed the same as last week. But it is better than gaining. So extra good this week is my plan.

Berta48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #423
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I was hoping for better also. Down .2 this week. It's a loss anyway. It all adds up. I guess it leaves us room to have a good weigh in next week since we should have been down more this time
Old 06-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #424
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I was hoping for better also. Down .2 this week. It's a loss anyway. It all adds up. I guess it leaves us room to have a good weigh in next week since we should have been down more this time
Sue
Let's hope so I'd have been happy to have a lost a 1/4 of a lb So congratulations . As you said a loss is a loss.

I am going to try to eat what I want and if I don't use all my points I just don't use them. I can not see using them if I am not hungry, WW tells us to use all the dailies and use the weeklies for special occasions. But so far I have always used my weeklies or at least some of them. SO I am trying something different this week my way . We'll see what happens at the scales Tuesday evening.

Last edited by Berta48; 06-14-2017 at 09:49 AM..
Old 06-14-2017, 08:48 PM   #425
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I totally support doing it your way. When I figure daily point counts of my simply filling foods, it quite often is less than 30. I'll guarantee today went over tho The day sort of got out of hand so I need to tighten up my game tomorrow.

What was I thinking? I acted like I could just randomly eat whatever foods I came across. That's how I ended up with a weight problem Anyway, on and on with the effort
Old 06-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #426
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I totally support doing it your way. When I figure daily point counts of my simply filling foods, it quite often is less than 30. I'll guarantee today went over tho The day sort of got out of hand so I need to tighten up my game tomorrow.

What was I thinking? I acted like I could just randomly eat whatever foods I came across. That's how I ended up with a weight problem Anyway, on and on with the effort
Sue
I can't eat whatever I want or I would be eating donuts (creme horns )
but I mean if I don't want vegetables or meat or even fruit I won't eat it.And if I don't use all the points then I won't use them.

Actually I wish they would let us carry them over as some days I am hungrier than others. We are eating out Friday night but I plan on a chef salad a(8 SP) and taking my own dressing at 4 SP I will eat light the first part of the day. Like veggies and fruit to keep points low for supper

Last edited by Berta48; 06-14-2017 at 09:56 PM..
Old 06-16-2017, 04:00 AM   #427
Elizabeth779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 300/290/150
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 9-10-14
Soooo, WE had a low carb plan now? I'm curious!

Plan: High fat, Low Carb food, water, Gym, REPEAT.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:05 AM   #428
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post
Soooo, WE had a low carb plan now? I'm curious!
No, WW is still calories-in-calories-out, as always
The foods choices are up to the individual.
A lot of the low carb foods out are low in points and can be worked into your individual plan though.
But it's still low-fat overall, most vegetables and fruits are "free", lean protein is lower points than beef and fattier cuts, etc.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #429
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I like that we keep strategizing to make the plan our own and get the results we want. For me, that's part of what keeps it fresh and interesting. I carry 0 point dressing packets with me and also pancakes syrup packets so I can be assured of cutting points at least on those 2 things when eating out.

Sounds like a good plan you have for a chef salad tonite. I like to look at menus online and have my choices lined up and even pre fracked. Eating with my youngest sister, who I'm with this week, has been a problem. She has no fresh fruit in the house at all and ordered pizza and pasta delivered 2 nights ago and got Mexican take out for dinner last night. I did the best I could and I switched from doing simply filling to regular tracking because I am getting a little panicked about not having what I need on hand.

Tomorrow we leave early to drive to the Ozarks and then plan to go to the grocery store when we get to the cabin so I will have more of what I need next week. This eating out is rough and frustrates and worries me that I will lose ground I worked hard for. I'm just going to try and be super vigilant and try and not get so hungry between meals. I have packets of my low point favorite protein shake with me...my brother in law picked up big boxes of snacks last nite to take on the trip and I was glad to see he got some skinnypop popcorn and a 5 point breakfast bar, so I can make those work for me.

Anyway, I wish this all were less work than obsessing over food choices but it is what it is right now so I'm just going to roll with it. I have my teas on hand to calm myself and help tide me over between meals. I had those and iced tea a lot yesterday
Old 06-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #430
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Elizabeth, welcome. You can choose to do low carb on WWs. It's pretty easy with the smart point system. The point system steers you to leaner protein choices which helps with weight loss. I find my experience with low carb has been very useful with having go-to proteins on hand and bulking up meals with lower carb veggies like green beans and riced cauliflower.

Part of the trouble I've had in the past with sticking with lowcarb over the long haul has been feeling deprived and then over doing it. I have fruit every day and it's actually helped with weight loss and has been very satisfying and my blood sugar readings have been lower. I often choose lower carb fruits like berries and cantaloupe and I'm feeling healthier eating this way and less likely to go off on a binge.

Hope this helps.

Sue
Old 06-16-2017, 09:01 AM   #431
Elizabeth779
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for responses....I want to type more but free fell down and I've got to go deal with that first......ack!! At least no one injured thank goodness!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #432
Elizabeth779
Senior LCF Member

tree! Lol

Old 06-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #433
Elizabeth779
Senior LCF Member

Okay back from the tree problem, and I do see that autocorrect on my kindle is still a hassle....so the info on calories in out and how Wewa current program is helpful...I think I'm going to have to continue on with a lchf with some of occasional berries version...but thank you very much for your helpful information!

Old 06-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #434
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I like that we keep strategizing to make the plan our own and get the results we want. For me, that's part of what keeps it fresh and interesting. I carry 0 point dressing packets with me and also pancakes syrup packets so I can be assured of cutting points at least on those 2 things when eating out.

Sounds like a good plan you have for a chef salad tonite. I like to look at menus online and have my choices lined up and even pre fracked. Eating with my youngest sister, who I'm with this week, has been a problem. She has no fresh fruit in the house at all and ordered pizza and pasta delivered 2 nights ago and got Mexican take out for dinner last night. I did the best I could and I switched from doing simply filling to regular tracking because I am getting a little panicked about not having what I need on hand.

Tomorrow we leave early to drive to the Ozarks and then plan to go to the grocery store when we get to the cabin so I will have more of what I need next week. This eating out is rough and frustrates and worries me that I will lose ground I worked hard for. I'm just going to try and be super vigilant and try and not get so hungry between meals. I have packets of my low point favorite protein shake with me...my brother in law picked up big boxes of snacks last nite to take on the trip and I was glad to see he got some skinnypop popcorn and a 5 point breakfast bar, so I can make those work for me.

Anyway, I wish this all were less work than obsessing over food choices but it is what it is right now so I'm just going to roll with it. I have my teas on hand to calm myself and help tide me over between meals. I had those and iced tea a lot yesterday
Sue
Yes we will make this work for us one way or the other
We ate out tonight. I had a open face roast beef with gravy (12 SP) one serving mashed potatoes (5 SP) a side salad took my dressing 2 TBS (3 SP) club crackers (3 SP)
I looked up the points for the sandwich with gravy before we went and the potatoes. So I was prepared on what to order. It would have been the same points as a chef salad with dressing and I ate a taco salad last night so wasn't in the mood for another salad

breakfast was 5 (SP) and lunch I ate watermelon (0 SP)
Total for the day 28 SP 2 left over.
So I managed to eat out and enjoyed every bite too

Now Fathers day I am taking hubby out and we are going to a Mongolian restaurant and they have stir fry and use only water and the sauce. So I will be able to eat there too. I'll not eat any noodles or maybe 1/2 cup rice.

Sounds as if you have a good plan even if the food choices aren't so good. Sometimes when we are at other peoples home we have to just wing it. And do the best we can.

I know I have been thinking about next weekend.It is going to be really hard.

My husband is a deacon and we are voting on a new pastor as our old one retired and moved. So Sat morning the deacons and wives are eating out for breakfast then Sat night there is a carry in supper for people to get to know the tryout Pastor and his wife.

Then Sunday after church the try out Pastor & his wife and the fill in Pastor we have had and deacons and their wives are eating at a buffet. All paid for!!!

So I will probably have to have a zipper and lock put on my mouth OH and I forgot Sunday morning coffee and doughnuts !!!!!!! I think, I pray and I hope that I can pass those up

Then in August we will be gone for 2 weeks to visit hubbies family in Alabama.

Last edited by Berta48; 06-16-2017 at 09:54 PM..
Old 06-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #435
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I'm thinking of you as we drive thru Missouri today on the way to Arkansas. All that eating out you have coming up would be super challenging for me. Yikes. So far today is going ok. I had oatmeal before we left and brot a protein shake so I passed on our first stop-McDonald's and I have a salad with chicken pre tracked for lunch where I looked up the menu at Casey's where we plan to make a quick gas stop and grab lunch so that's the plan so far.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #436
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I'm thinking of you as we drive thru Missouri today on the way to Arkansas. All that eating out you have coming up would be super challenging for me. Yikes. So far today is going ok. I had oatmeal before we left and brot a protein shake so I passed on our first stop-McDonald's and I have a salad with chicken pre tracked for lunch where I looked up the menu at Casey's where we plan to make a quick gas stop and grab lunch so that's the plan so far.
Sue
Casey's now have a lot of healthy foods. They have whole wheat sandwiches and fruit and reduced fat milk etc. etc. I love stopping in there now.We also stop at Subway. The wheat 6 in turkey and black forest ham with lite mayo is like 7 SP maybe 8 but worth every bite.And I leave off the cheese and load it down with veggies.

You sound like you are doing REAL well.

I know sometimes my problem is I want to eat rather than loose. Then when I gain I get aggravated I LOVE McDonalds bacon egg & cheese biscuits. But we hardly ever eat fast food any more.

Tonight supper is corn on the cob, fresh green beans and fresh sliced tomatoes, watermelon for dessert and popcorn for evening snack(as always)

Yes this upcoming week end will be tough.But right now I plan on making it work for me some how someway.

Plus the week end of the 30th I am going to my daughter for the week end

Please be safe and have a grrrrrrrreat time. You can always re-loose if you gain, but don't pig out.

It's to bad you couldn't drive through here for a few minutes so we could have met in person. Maybe one day HUGS to you !

Last edited by Berta48; 06-17-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 PM   #437
Dottie
Administrator

Denny's is NOT WW friendly lol.
I ordered the "Crazy Spicy Chicken Skillet" thinking it wasn't too bad.
I just calculated it at 32smart points.
Glad I wasn't hungry the rest of the day

Need to contact LCF?

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Old 06-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #438
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Dottie, it's shocking how many points are in some foods. I always end up when that happens thinking to myself 'I know how I ended up with a weight problem'. Sounds like u managed a good day despite it all.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #439
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, remind me what city you are in. It would be great if we could meet irl. I'm certainly making some high point choices in amongst good choices. Can't say I feel very good about my day. Just trying to survive and like you say not totally pig out.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #440
Rebecca130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 198/130
Start Date: August 2016
Hello everyone. I use to be a part of the old weight watchers thread about 10 years ago. I'm hoping u all will let me rejoin you all. I was trying to decide on atkins or weight watchers but I think by me being here I've made my decision which one.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #441
Dottie
Administrator

Better today at lunch. We don't usually eat out twice a weekend but we had stuff to do.
Went to Chili's and I had the Chicken mango dish for 15SP and took my own dressing for the salad(no croutons).
I figure any time you can get out and have a full meal for under 20SP and be full,it's a win!

Need to contact LCF?

Old 06-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #442
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Rebecca so glad to have you join us. Weight watchers has changed alot the last couple years. The smart points are an improvement imo. And there is an emphasis on beyond the scale which I've found to be helpful. I do online WWs and go to meetings also. This is a small group here but very supportive.

Sue
Old 06-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #443
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Dottie, no kidding. Eating out is rough. Good work making the best choices you could. Right up there with eating out is eating with family I'm so over my head in my vacation situation. Yikes. Sister and brother in law took me to hear some bands this afternoon and I did well with having chai tea while they had wine and beer but then after drinking all day, they have snacks instead of a proper meal at dinner time.

I saw that coming and got a gyro to take out from the bar before we left but not point friendly. Haven't been brave enough to track it yet... Then they have over 40 bakery cookies sitting right here in their cabin and I caved big time. Just cannot be around cookies. Cannot. Help... 4 more days here in Eureka Springs which is a lovely place but I have to reign myself in and lean into the watermelon and turkey slices and carrots I have in the fridge for snacks. And hopefully I can more heavily influence the restaurants we choose the rest of the week

This has been my toughest week yet. I love my sister dearly but their frequent pizza nights and unbalanced meals are doing me in. I'm not able to get to a meeting this week for my usual support either. I feel like this is a big lesson in figuring out how to deal with food and life's curve balls. I have the feeling of being out at sea, trying to swim back to the safety of the shore.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #444
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post
Hello everyone. I use to be a part of the old weight watchers thread about 10 years ago. I'm hoping u all will let me rejoin you all. I was trying to decide on atkins or weight watchers but I think by me being here I've made my decision which one.
Come on in and post often. We need one another to win this battle.....and it is a BATTLE

Last edited by Berta48; 06-18-2017 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 05:21 AM   #445
Dottie
Administrator

Quote:
I feel like this is a big lesson in figuring out how to deal with food and life's curve balls. I have the feeling of being out at sea, trying to swim back to the safety of the shore.
That nails it: "life happen".
You make the best, choose the options you can, and enjoy family time
I hate stressing about food, too, but a few bites (or meals, or cookies) over your usual is not the end of the world.
You'll get a handle on it once you're back in your home environment

Need to contact LCF?

Old 06-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #446
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Gang

Hoping everyone is having a great week.
I am sorta looking forward to weigh in tomorrow evening, as I haven't used any weekly points this week Very unusual for me, I say sort looking forward to it because I thought I would loose last week and stayed the same . If I don't loose this week. I don't what's wrong

Well I'm watching the little one today so best get back in there and she what she's up to now

Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #447
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dottie for the encouragement. I've yo-yo'd for so many years I just can't face that again.

Berta, I'll be anxious to hear your results. Keeping fingers crossed u get the results you should. That's so great you haven't used weeklies. Very few times that has happened for me tho I try.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #448
Berta48
Berta48

Well Gang
I am SOOOO disappointed I could either spit nails or cry, maybe I'll do both

I have blue dot days every day for two weeks all except one day. And I only lost .2 this week. After all blue dot days and no weekly points used

I just plain don't get it

I didn't even bother changing my ticker so frustrated.

Well guess I will try drinking more water this week & see if that will help,as I know that is the ONLY thing I have not been doing right.

Going for now and have a good cry

Old 06-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #449
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, that just doesn't make sense. Sometimes I feel as if I'm bloated or retaining water or something. If you're having so much trouble at the scale, I don't even want to think what I will face at my next weigh in I just hate seeing you go thru all that frustration. Really, I feel like crying lately also. We both need some good weeks.

At least we continue on and are not giving up
Old 06-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #450
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

NSV-having a good time porch sitting after taking half my dinner salad to go and I'm loving the fireflies, which we don't have in Cali and we're hearing tree frogs and it's a beautiful summer nite in Arkansas.