Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #31
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Another snow day here today. I was expecting rain but here we go. Forces me to take life a daat because I can't really make reliable plans for tomoro if I can't get out of my driveway So I'm working today on thinking patterns I have about winter and cold weather and my belief system that I need to eat more during this season. I'm having a lot of tea today and going to heat up some manhattan clam chowder for dinner tonite; only 4 sp's per cup. I've got some activity points in the bank and all my weeklies on the books still so I'm in good shape this week. My food delivery is expected tomoro if snow doesn't interfere. There are some new meals to try this time which makes it fun.

Berta, Sunday dinner sounds yum. That's what weeklies are for Have fun with your little cutie. I think you should earn activity points for keeping up with her

So stay warm and dry friends.

Sue
Now that is for certain. As many times as I have to get up and down, up and down just to make certain she isn't into anything. But she really is good it just wears me out

Well tonight is weigh in and I am a bit worried now as I looked up rib eye and it was like 40 SP From now on I will order a sirloin. I don't know why I didn't

But today is a new eek. So just get it on this week

Our snow is all gone and it is cold but no snow .

We were given a new WW snack last week cinna-licious and I mean to tell you they are amazing and only 2 SP per package. I plan on buying some more tonight.

I hope you are able to receive your food order. I don't think we have that in our area. But we have the Smart Points meals in the grocery stores here.

I am wanting to buy the new WW Cook Book by Oprah, but it'a 30.00 dollars so it will have to wait. I get to thinking about the free recipes we can get online and I change my mind.

Well I will check back later tonight and let you know how I did.I am thinking it is one lb up or stayed the same Hopefully if anything I stayed the same

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #32
Berta48
Berta48

Good morning everyone

Well my weigh in last night wasn't as bad as I had predicted thank the Lord. I gained .4 so on for a good week this week.

I am mad at myself now for gaining so much through the holidays, but I enjoyed them and it's in the past, so all I can do is go forward and try my best to stick with plan.

I'm hoping everyone else had a good weigh in. It truly is hard trying to change a lifetime of bad habits. I quit smoking easier than losing weight. I suppose that is because I have to eat to live. But at least now I don't live to eat,so some things I have changed.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-11-2017 at 09:38 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #33
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Berta that's great news!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #34
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Yay Berta. Sounds like good news to me About that Oprah cookbook-I'm told WW's will have them available at meetings soon. They are putting together a bundle pack is what my leader said. I'm going to wait and look at it then. I don't always like the same kinds of food as Oprah does. I'm really a Midwest girl at heart, grew up on meatloaf and German style stews. I do like a variety of different foods I've tried since being in Cali.

It's one of the big NSV's for me that I've been learning what I really truly like to eat when I have to choose to spend points on something. It is interesting because it sort of surprises me that I'm really more of a picky eater at heart lately. If I don't truly love something, I don't want to spend my points on it. Lucky I've come to love fresh fruit and my body does crave vegetables. Especially avocado is something I've been craving this winter. High in points but I've been having one per week lately.

Last Sunday after Mass they had donuts in the social hall and I easily passed on them and I realize I'm just not a donut sort of person. I really have never been that big on them but in the past would have one just because everyone else is. I prefer my kodiak pancakes and sugar free syrup for way less points if I'm hungry for a sweet bread food.

Well cheers everyone to getting our new year off and running in the the right direction
Old 01-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #35
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Tonite is Oprah's video she does every Thursday for members if you get a chance to see it. Also available for replay on the ww website and connect.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:43 AM   #36
Marie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Marie
Stats: 214.2/152.4/150
WOE: WW
Start Date: every day is a new day!
Can I join you guys? Been on WW on and off for about 20-some years! Love the direction they are going.
My name is Marie. Married 36 years this Sept. with 3 adult children.
Miss the community on WW website and want a thread to follow. Connect is ok but I'm not crazy about it. I remembered the WW thread on LCF and here I am!
not living to eat!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #37
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Can I join you guys? Been on WW on and off for about 20-some years! Love the direction they are going.
My name is Marie. Married 36 years this Sept. with 3 adult children.
Miss the community on WW website and want a thread to follow. Connect is ok but I'm not crazy about it. I remembered the WW thread on LCF and here I am!

We are extremely happy to have you join us. Most everyone else has left us
Post often and keep us informed on how things are going for you

Quote:
Tonite is Oprah's video she does every Thursday for members if you get a chance to see it. Also available for replay on the ww website and connect.
I am not a big fan of Oprah.

Quote:
Yay Berta. Sounds like good news to me

About that Oprah cookbook-I'm told WW's will have them available at meetings soon. They are putting together a bundle pack is what my leader said. I'm going to wait and look at it then. I don't always like the same kinds of food as Oprah does. I'm really a Midwest girl at heart, grew up on meatloaf and German style stews. I do like a variety of different foods I've tried since being in Cali.

It's one of the big NSV's for me that I've been learning what I really truly like to eat when I have to choose to spend points on something. It is interesting because it sort of surprises me that I'm really more of a picky eater at heart lately. If I don't truly love something, I don't want to spend my points on it. Lucky I've come to love fresh fruit and my body does crave vegetables. Especially avocado is something I've been craving this winter. High in points but I've been having one per week lately.

Last Sunday after Mass they had donuts in the social hall and I easily passed on them and I realize I'm just not a donut sort of person. I really have never been that big on them but in the past would have one just because everyone else is. I prefer my kodiak pancakes and sugar free syrup for way less points if I'm hungry for a sweet bread food.

Well cheers everyone to getting our new year off and running in the the right direction

Sue

I love doughnuts and cakes and muffins. But can't have them around I won't stay out of themo. I do have some Low point ones that are good like 3 SP each.But if I make them I have to freeze them and just eat one.My best bet is to make the mug muffins. Then I can only eat one.

We had company last night I made lasagna, broccoli with RF cheese sauce and salad.I ate one very small piece of lasagna & big bunch of broccoli and salad. I have been on Point all week so far I made a berry pie and had Bryer's homemade vanilla ice cream. I did not eat one bite of either of them I was so proud of myself

We are expecting freezing rain today and tomorrow. So it sounds as if we are going to get an ice storm.I hate those more than snow. But can't do a thing about it so we will just stay in and stay warm

Last edited by Berta48; 01-13-2017 at 10:46 AM..
Old 01-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #38
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
Berta that's great news!!!
Thanks! How are things going with you these days my friend? I can't remember,are you doing WW?
How long have you been on WW if you are? I will be a year next month.I would have lost a whole lot more had I been more faithful to sticking with plan.
They say you should loose 1 -2 lbs a week on plan. But I don't loose but like .4 - .5 a week

Old 01-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #39
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Good morning ladies.

Yes I am doing WW. Today was meeting #3 in my re-boot. LOL
I am a life time member, but haven't been to a meeting in several years. I started about 15-18 yrs ago in the late 90's after my last baby..... well it worked and I was faithful for several years. Then my dh got diagnosed with t2 diabetes, and he went to LC to control his sugar. I followed him. It's easier not to have to special cook for everyone. Anyway it works for him, but I don't like it and do not do well with all that meat. I did go back to WW about 3 yrs ago, but it didn't stick that time. SO with my own health issues I am back at WW for my health. I do believe it is healthy. So that's my story.

Berta I too lose very slow. But I do like the lifestyle, and it just feels better, (health wise) than other diets to me. I will be on some sort of diet forever. I need accountability.

Hi Sue and Rubee.... Have a great, warm weekend you all.

Anna
Old 01-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #40
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Marie Glad to have you join us. I like the direction ww's is going also with the beyond the scale emphasis.

Hi Anna. Glad you're getting back to meetings. I missed mine this week-too icy to get in and out of my steep driveway Do you track points on the app?

Berta, all that food sounds tempting. You're really focused to be handling it so well. Good for you. This is our year!!
Old 01-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #41
carla70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 210/210/150
Start Date: 01/15/2017
Hello All - I am "officially" starting WW tomorrow and preparing and learning today the program. I have been on just about every diet plan imaginable. It might be all the commercials and ads and just me finally ready to do WW and succeed so signed up today! This may or may not be the best time to start as I am leaving Thursday for a trip with my sister to Las Vegas for a few days. Then after I get back from there the first week in February going to San Diego for a week. But I am figured if I keep procrastinating I just feel worse physically and mentally.

Like I said I have struggled with my weight and diets as long as I can remember. We all need that "wake up" moment to make it work. I went to Dr and was basically told that with the way my cholesterol and blood pressure numbers are if I wasn't walking like I do I would be on medication. I really don't want to be. Was told also that of course weight loss will help bring those numbers down also. The other wake up call for me is that I will be 47 the end of the week and I am determined to be at my goal before I turn 50. I am giving myself a 3 year start!

I work 4 10 hour days at a desk job so I have been making myself for the past year get up before work and walk a minimum of 2 miles and average 3 miles on my beloved dreadmill. I just recently got an eliptical which I can only do 5 minutes on before dying but am slowly getting better at it. But my weight just goes up and down the same 5 pounds. So I need to have a plan and accountability and support.

I wanted to introduce myself and look forward to meeting others on the journey to happy and healthy! We Can Do It! I am excited to start.

On a side note, does anyone else use the app on an android phone, I am finding it a little bit awkward for tracking. However, I may just need to play with it more to understand it.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #42
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

carla So glad to have you joining us. I'm with you with trying every diet imaginable practically. Finally got down to using moderation and portion control. What a thought! I can't believe it's taken so many years to get a handle on this weight thing but my journey is what it is. So glad to hear you like your treadmill and elliptical. It's quite possible to outeat our workouts though isn't it? I gained over 50 lbs in one year from stress eating all the while doing 3x/wk workouts with a personal trainer. So glad I came back to WW's.

I don't have an android but maybe use the chat feature on the app to get help. Otherwise let me know and I will ask my local leader. She also does personal counseling for ww's and works the chat lines.

Good morning everyone else also. I have to say weight watchers makes me so happy. I just had my favorite kodiak pancakes for breakfast with my favorite Brummell and Brown margarine and Walden Farms maple walnut syrup-7 sp's total. And 1 sp for my favorite cup of chai. Can hardly believe I eat so well and eat what I love and am still losing weight. Winning!! And I'm getting ready for my Pilates workout. It's the type of exercise that makes me happy

Have a great MLK day all. Mwah.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #43
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

carla, I also wanted to say about traveling that it can be a challenge especially when you are first learning the program but it is doable. There are lots of stories on Connect on the app about people who have lost during travels. I can give you the links to find them. You can use hashtags to search as well. I lost a lot of weight while visiting my sisters in Nebraska last year and we ate out and went to potlucks, all that. I just carefully watched my points.

Sue

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-16-2017 at 08:26 AM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #44
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Lilyslim online tracker

Just updated my tracker in my signature. I decided to put my highest weight on there to see overall how far I've come and also to use my weight from my personal scale which is slightly less than weigh-in weight at meetings fully clothed and I'm just using lowest weights as I hit them, not changing it for fluctuations, which do happen regularly for me. I have a Fitbit Aria scale at home and just love it.

Fitbit tracks my weigh-ins automatically from my Fitbit Aria and my meeting weigh-ins are tracked in my WW app. When I started WW's March of last year, I was down 30lbs from my highest weight, so their records only reflect that starting weight. I want credit for all I've ever lost I'm down almost 35 lbs since I started using smart points 10 months ago.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #45
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Everyone
Carla So happy to have you join us.

Well we received the ice storm. Looks like winter wonderland out there.

Hubby and i have both been sick since Friday, his started on Thurs and he generously shared with me Headache, sore throat, hurting chest,coughing till my ribs ache, and just hurting all over. Guess it's the flu
Haven't been eating much, so I m sure I'll loose this week Perhaps that's what I need to do is just not eat

Sue I have my top weight down on my ticker, I was 268 when joining WW a year ago but had lost down to that from my start on HCG plan.

I'm suppose to babysit tomorrow but I need to tell the mom we are sick. So I don't know if she will want to bring her or not . I hate for her to have to miss work, but I keep falling asleep and I can't watch her while sleeping. SO guess it will be up to her.

I'm going to go now but I will be back when feeling better. I just wanted to check in with everyone and say hello. Have a good MLK day today.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-16-2017 at 09:52 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 05:19 AM   #46
carla70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 210/210/150
Start Date: 01/15/2017
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! First day went with food. Didn't exercise as time limited getting house ready and packing. But banking will do louts of walking on trip.

Got the app figured out with some playing so ready to rock and roll with it.

Haven't had time to read through past posts to get more acquainted with everyone but soon.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:33 AM   #47
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. That sucks. My family in Nebraska got that big ice storm there also. My one sister said she went out to go to work. I'm like what? Guess I've become a pansy since living in Cali. I went out yesterday for a quick grocery store trip and that's the first time out in over a week.

I made good choices at the store and only had a few things to get like my martini olives that are 0 points for 4 big olives And I got my weekly avocado and an apple to have with almond butter for snack. I've been hungry for that. I picked up a box of sweet dreams rice cakes. They are 2 sp's for one choc covered thin cake and there's only 6 in the box. I haven't had them for awhile. I had a couple for dessert and found they set off a sugar craving. I guess I've been eating clean for long enough now I hadn't thought about it but that sugar addiction is lurking just below the surface to knock me off my feet.

I was tired and vulnerable for a binge so I had to really talk myself thru not making some poor choices. I used a technique i learned in eating disorder treatment called surfing the urge and just rode it out like riding a wave and it finally subsided as I just observed it without acting on it. Caught me by surprise because I had been going along so well. Guess I learned something last night about sugar addiction getting activated. With my blood sugar issues, gotta be careful about having protein and lots of water along with a sweet if I'm going to indulge. I think having balanced nutrition in me lately also helped steady me and strengthen me. I've gotten used to feeling good from eating well.

Anyway a NSV for me that hopefully makes me stronger for next time a craving hits as it is said
Old 01-17-2017, 05:47 AM   #48
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Carla. We were evidently posting at the same time. Your trip sounds like fun. I've never been to Vegas but I'm considering going this Spring. I've heard there can be a lot of walking. It will be nice to get away from that Minnesota winter for awhile. My Dad lived in Minneapolis and was a snowbird, going down to Gulf Shores, Alabama and returning in the Spring.

Sounds like you are off to a good start with this round of your WW journey.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #49
LINC
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LINC
I'm hoping you'll let me join you.

I've done WW on and off for years....been on every plan they've introduced and I know the plan works if you work the plan. The problem is, I hate the new plan. I couldn't work the one before this one (PointsPlus) either - I was very successful on the plan before that - the one with the slide rule. I lost over 30 pounds and managed to keep it off for years. And then.........menopause.

This newest version? I love that they finally figured out that sugar is bad. It's about time. It always bothered me that foods with tons of sugar (and carbs back in the day) had no points when you paid dearly point-wise for healthy proteins and fats. So I like that. Except, I think they've gone a little overboard on the sugar points - it's so restrictive that it's almost punitive and I think it fosters a binging or cheating mentality. At least it does for me.

I like that lean proteins are finally acceptable foods. And that all veggies and fruits are free. Not that I enjoy eating fruits or veggies. But I do use them to bulk up meals. But, can anyone explain to me the logic behind TRIPLING the point value of the same ingredients if you make them into a smoothie? I read what WW has to say about the message the brain is sending to the belly, and it honestly makes no sense to me at all. Calories are calories. A smoothie keeps me fuller for far longer than a bowl of fruit does.

Exercise - where do I start? I didn't really care when they added exercise as an incentive at first. But when I realized I could actually earn extra points by doing something so simple as walking the dog, it motivated me - a total couch potato non-exerciser - to move more. Now, I exercise regularly and what does it get me on the new plan? Nothing. I was actually excited to see how many more points I'd get by adding exercise to my regular routine. Now, not so much. And it seems they only count cardio as exercise. Weight training, where you aren't necessarily out of breath but you are still burning calories, doesn't earn you as many points as if you do circuit training. And what about pilates and yoga? You aren't out of breathe at all but those are both great forms of exercise. Not that points matter.........

So, now that I've unleashed all this on you.....I know I can get past my problems with the new plan. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems with it and how you got over it. I signed up for 3 months, online and meetings. I haven't gone to any meetings yet. I'm afraid they'll kick me out. No, actually I never really cared for the new leader (not so new now) or the people who go. And I signed up for the meetings just for the accountability of the weigh-ins. But I seem to be doing OK on my own in that department. I started last week, and so far, I am down 2.5 pounds.

Anyway, here I am.....hoping I didn't alienate you all with my negative views on the new plan because I see a lot of positive too. I've always gone back to WW and it's always worked for me when I stick to it. I just have to get used to the higher point values for some staples (I'm looking at you - the formerly one point, delicious and all purpose english muffin ) and embrace the lower value of new foods. Like the awesome 4 point soup I made for lunch this week!

Lou
LINC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #50
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lou Always glad to have some fresh input here in our group. I did WW's back in the 70's and once in the 90's so who knows what the plans were called then The new beyond the scale part of the program has really been helpful to me. I visited a lot of different meetings until I found a couple I really clicked with. Each leader is different I've found. Are you able to visit different meetings to check out other leaders? I think it's important to have a leader you're happy with. The meeting I mainly go to has a lot of lifetime members and it's great to hear from them how they have lost and kept weight off for many years. The meetings now have an emphasis on generating discussion among members. Maybe that's different from before.

There's a simply filling plan now where you don't have to count points. Maybe it would be a better fit for you. Worth looking into perhaps... As for fitpoints, that's a little tricky when it comes to exchanging those for weekly points. I can maybe say more about that later. I do Pilates for 55 mins at medium intensity and get 8 fitpoints for that at my current weight.

You're off to a great start with being down 2.5 lbs and your soup for 4 points sounds like a winner. Glad to have you join us. Keep us posted how it's going and feel free to ask questions. Maybe some other people here have some helpful ideas for you also. I think the main thing for me has been focusing on making a sustainable lifestyle change instead of being on a diet, which requires a shift in mindset. And it's important for me to not feel deprived. I love how I'm able to eat how I want personally and eat even some high point foods here and there and still make it all work.

Sue
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #51
LINC
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the welcome Sue!

Yes, I have always believed that, for me, WW was a sustainable, realistic WOE. That's what I followed when I was maintaining and it worked until the big M hit. And I never felt deprived at all. It's all about balance. I remember back in the day (the 90s) before healthy guidelines, I saved all my points for beer and pizza on the weekend. That was perfectly WW legal back then, but hardly a healthy way to eat.

Yes, I will have to check out a meeting - should have gone today, as it is going on right now - maybe things have changed. I know it sounds stupid, but what I hated about the meetings was how everyone got so worked up about the weigh ins and they didn't give you any privacy at all, everyone was bunched up around the scale. When I started WW originally, we had a great group of women there - nobody was pushy or rude. I looked forward to it. It's the only meeting around me so I really have no choice.

Lou
Old 01-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #52
Berta48
Berta48

Good evening Everyone
And first let me Lou to the group.
We are happy to have you join us.

This is my 3rd time at WW. The first time I lost over 70 lbs. but that was a looooooong time ago when we had to eat fish 3 x a week.

Then about four years ago I tried again/ But quit . And now it will be ayear next on th.
Seems I'm doing good this time. But I am determined I am not quitting this time if it takes me to dooms day

I am still not feeling good but I did go to my weigh in and then came home.
I need to get sick more often as I was real shocked I lost 7.6 bs this week

But I am hoping I can keep it off. I do see now I have to cut back on how much I eat. I honestly didn't go hungry .But I just didn't want anything and really still don't.

I hope everyone else has a good weigh in. We can do this ladies.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:19 AM   #53
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

What!?! Berta, you are killing it this year. Whew. You're on fire. Sorry you're still not feeling your best but dang, at least you had great news at your meeting.

I'll be finally getting out to my meeting today before the next snow storm comes in. I have so many errands to do it's ridiculous. May be my last chance to get out for the rest of the week.

Lou, funny the things we've gone thru over the years with working on managing our weight. I find the meetings I've gone to this time around have very little focus on weight. It's mostly about doing the right things that will naturally result in managing weight. Hopefully your local meeting is on board with the beyond the scale program also.

I need to get back to sleep. Gotta a big day coming up. Nite from your nite owl friend here.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:22 PM   #54
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
What!?! Berta, you are killing it this year. Whew. You're on fire. Sorry you're still not feeling your best but dang, at least you had great news at your meeting.

I'll be finally getting out to my meeting today before the next snow storm comes in. I have so many errands to do it's ridiculous. May be my last chance to get out for the rest of the week.

Lou, funny the things we've gone thru over the years with working on managing our weight. I find the meetings I've gone to this time around have very little focus on weight. It's mostly about doing the right things that will naturally result in managing weight. Hopefully your local meeting is on board with the beyond the scale program also.

I need to get back to sleep. Gotta a big day coming up. Nite from your nite owl friend here.
Yes, I was actually pleasantly surprised. I knew I had not been eating much, but I certainly didn't expect to loose that much, The lady weighing me in looked at me sorta strange. But then I told her I had been sick,and wasn't staying. She sorta just nodded her head

So now I am really trying to eat good this week. That 7.6 put me back to where I was before the Holidays.
My lowest last year was 233 I really want to get into the next level. It usually takes me four to five weeks to get that much off.

I am still not completely over this stuff but at least I feel human again

I'm having catfish tonight for supper. Boy you are a night owl. 4 a.m. Have you been able to get you food delivered?

I had a Smart Ones Salisbury Steak with macaroni and cheese (7 SP) last night it was really good. Had to add a tad of salt & pepper, but It was so good I wanted more

Yes, our leader talks about NSV (non scale victory) all the time, She is a good leader. Her name is Debra. She has lost over 100 lbs and has kept it off for a long time now like 3-4 years.

It seems the meetings encourage me even when I've had a gain. I am glad I signed up for online and meetings.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #55
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINC View Post
Thanks for the welcome Sue!

Yes, I have always believed that, for me, WW was a sustainable, realistic WOE. That's what I followed when I was maintaining and it worked until the big M hit. And I never felt deprived at all. It's all about balance. I remember back in the day (the 90s) before healthy guidelines, I saved all my points for beer and pizza on the weekend. That was perfectly WW legal back then, but hardly a healthy way to eat.

Yes, I will have to check out a meeting - should have gone today, as it is going on right now - maybe things have changed. I know it sounds stupid, but what I hated about the meetings was how everyone got so worked up about the weigh ins and they didn't give you any privacy at all, everyone was bunched up around the scale. When I started WW originally, we had a great group of women there - nobody was pushy or rude. I looked forward to it. It's the only meeting around me so I really have no choice.

Lou
Lou,
Sorry to hear that. perhaps you should report that.Because at our meetings there are signs saying stay back here, until it is your time to be weighed.

Here is a zero point soup for you Lou.
I put it into the recipe builder so I know the points are right. I changed the vegetables to suit my taste.

Garden Vegetable Soup
2 medium garlic cloves minced
1 diced medium onion
2 med. carrots sliced
2 stalks celery chopped
2 small zucchini
2 cups cabbage shredded
2 c cauliflower florets
2 c broccoli florets
1 can drained green beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
4 cups fat free beef broth/chicken or vegetable
Salt & pepper to taste
2 TBS Italian seasoning
2 tsp Thyme
If you prefer add a bit of sweetener.

Put garlic,vegetables,thyme and broth into a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
Season to taste with seasonings to taste.

If you like thicker soup, puree one to two cups of the soup in blender and add back into the pot.

Serves 12 -16 one cup servings ZERO SMART POINTS.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-18-2017 at 03:38 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 09:42 PM   #56
LINC
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the recipe. Next week I'm going with a Olive Garden copy cat soup. I'm in CA and it's still raining and cold here, so all soups are perfect right now.

About the weigh in, I am bad. Once I got there, I used to stop at the imaginary line where everyone else waited back in the day. The people in front of me, the ones crowding the person getting weighed would all move forward and crowd around the scale, taking off their shoes, but not me. I stood there at that imaginary line, a huge space between me and the next person in front of me. At least that person got privacy. But it drove the people behind me CRAZY. Of course, as soon as I got to the scale they all pushed forward and crowded around me, but all I could do was give them the stink eye. The leader said nothing. That's probably why I don't care for her, now that I think about it.

I was up a half pound today. I am suspecting popcorn but that didn't stop me from having it again tonight. I won't get that next week. Live and learn.

Lou
Old 01-18-2017, 09:48 PM   #57
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Thanks for the recipe. Next week I'm going with a Olive Garden copy cat soup. I'm in CA and it's still raining and cold here, so all soups are perfect right now.

About the weigh in, I am bad. Once I got there, I used to stop at the imaginary line where everyone else waited back in the day. The people in front of me, the ones crowding the person getting weighed would all move forward and crowd around the scale, taking off their shoes, but not me. I stood there at that imaginary line, a huge space between me and the next person in front of me. At least that person got privacy. But it drove the people behind me CRAZY. Of course, as soon as I got to the scale they all pushed forward and crowded around me, but all I could do was give them the stink eye. The leader said nothing. That's probably why I don't care for her, now that I think about it.

I was up a half pound today. I am suspecting popcorn but that didn't stop me from having it again tonight. I won't get that next week. Live and learn.

Lou
Lou
I have popcorn every night. But I always make sure I have the points. 6 cups oil popped popcorn is 8 SP. I don't care for microwave popcorn and white popcorn is better for you than yellow for some reason. But we are all different and our bodies react different to different foods.

I think if I were you I would ask your leader about it.In fact I know I would If that didn't help go online and ask one of the coaches.

Maybe by your waiting it will catch on. I'm proud of you

Last edited by Berta48; 01-18-2017 at 09:49 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #58
Berta48
Berta48

Lou
Here's another soup I love .It's actually my favorite.
2 SP per servings Makes about 8 servings.

Ham & Potato Soup

4 cup(s)uncooked potato(es), peeled and chopped

1⁄2 cup(s)uncooked celery, diced

1 cup(s)uncooked onion(s), chopped

1⁄2 head(s)uncooked cauliflower

2 cup(s)water

2 cup(s)fat free chicken broth

1⁄2 tsp table salt, to taste

1⁄2 tsp black pepper, to taste

3⁄4 cup(s)cooked lean ham

Instructions

Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, cauliflower, water, broth , salt and pepper in a soup pot.Bring to boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 - 15 minutes.

Puree part of the soup, either with a stick blender or in a regular blender. to thicken it. Stir in the ham,

Taste and add more salt and pepper as necessary. If it is to thick, thin it with a bit of water or ff broth.

Last edited by Berta48; 01-18-2017 at 10:10 PM..
Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #59
LINC
Major LCF Poster!

I saw that recipe - maybe on the WW recipe sticker here? - and it caught my eye right away. It sounds delicious.

OK, looks like I stand corrected - exercise does count if you want it to. I found a setting in my profile that allowed me to create activity points. That motivates me 100% to exercise more.

Maybe I should go to a meeting.

Lou
Old 01-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #60
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
I saw that recipe - maybe on the WW recipe sticker here? - and it caught my eye right away. It sounds delicious.

OK, looks like I stand corrected - exercise does count if you want it to. I found a setting in my profile that allowed me to create activity points. That motivates me 100% to exercise more.

Maybe I should go to a meeting.

Lou
Yes you should. Don't let them women intimidate you. Go for yourself. I do a lot better with my eating when I go.
I can't exercise due to my old bones and arthritis but I am looking into some stretch band exercises. Guess anything is better than nothing. And partially because I just never enjoyed it. I use to love to swim but can barely do that now and we have only one car and hubby takes it to work each day.

I have been thinking to go and just walk in the water/ our pool is indoors(all the time) and out(in the summer ) all year long. So I may do that and go on his days off. Mon & Sat.or I could go after he gets home from work. But we'll see

Last edited by Berta48; 01-19-2017 at 09:52 AM..