Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #91
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi all. Quick update-was down 2.6 at my Saturday weigh-in. That's for 10 days since I was snowed in. Been getting my WW Fresh deliveries still. Berta, I found the Salsbury steak WW meal at Safeway and thought of you. I got a couple of them to keep in the freezer.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Sue
Great loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
Berta, that cake sounds great! Maybe could even make cupcakes!

Sue - great job on the loss and tracking for a year - Kudos to you!
The cake is wonderful! I was out of points this evening so I ate a slice of it with raspberries. It was very good.

Do the grocery stores in your area sell the SF mixes?
If you use just the whites of the eggs and SF applesauce to replace the oil, it is really zero points per slice for 2 slices it comes up 1 point.
And like I stated prior for a bit of added flavor a drop or two of almond extract.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #92
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, I know it's difficult to figure these things out about what causes us to lose slower. There also seems to be a lag with scale results, so maybe results could even be traced back to the previous week. There have been weeks when my losses have been good when I've eaten all my weeklies, so I feel like if they are needed to feel satisfied, give your body what it is asking for. Foods eaten out contain lots of salt and affects water retention.

Definitely try and get your vegetables and fruits in. Since I always have those handy now already prepped, it seems like I'm seeing more steady losses. If you could maybe take half your meal to go when you eat out and eat the rest later or the next day, that could be helpful in spreading out the points. It sort of boils down to figuring out what we're happy with and makes us feel best. I've come to be uncomfortable with that stuffed feeling when I have heavy foods. But I am a volume eater, so I bulk up meals by adding veg and having some fruit after.

Hope that helps. I'm also working on drinking more water. It helps flush out the fat as we lose. For some reason, water is a rough one for me. I've been having more tea to keep warm lately though and instead of a sweet treat I'll have a stevia sweetened fruit tea.
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:43 AM   #93
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, I know it's difficult to figure these things out about what causes us to lose slower. There also seems to be a lag with scale results, so maybe results could even be traced back to the previous week. There have been weeks when my losses have been good when I've eaten all my weeklies, so I feel like if they are needed to feel satisfied, give your body what it is asking for. Foods eaten out contain lots of salt and affects water retention.

Definitely try and get your vegetables and fruits in. Since I always have those handy now already prepped, it seems like I'm seeing more steady losses. If you could maybe take half your meal to go when you eat out and eat the rest later or the next day, that could be helpful in spreading out the points. It sort of boils down to figuring out what we're happy with and makes us feel best. I've come to be uncomfortable with that stuffed feeling when I have heavy foods. But I am a volume eater, so I bulk up meals by adding veg and having some fruit after.

Hope that helps. I'm also working on drinking more water. It helps flush out the fat as we lose. For some reason, water is a rough one for me. I've been having more tea to keep warm lately though and instead of a sweet treat I'll have a stevia sweetened fruit tea.
Sue
Thanks for your input. I actually wasn't stuffed after eating. I ordered sirloin steak and poached eggs. Because the restaurant menu said they cooked their eggs in butter Then the hash browns were cooked on the grill. They were not greasy at all in fact they were dry. So I don't know I am not one to eat leftovers so that wouldn't work for me.I guess I could order sides and that would probably cut back on portions.

I will see how things go at weigh in tomorrow evening and go from there.
I personally use Granulated Splenda. I can't seem to get to like Stevia or Truvia. I have tried them but for some reason don't care for them.

I have no problem getting the fruit in. It's the veggies. I like them, I just don't eat them My favorite ones would be beets with vinegar and sweetener If I buy the purchased pickled beets they are points to count so I buy the plain and pickle them myself for no points

I'll check back in tomorrow with my weigh in report

I hope you have another great weigh in and week
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:11 PM   #94
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
BOY OH BOY OH BOY
Have I ever goofed
I made the cake recipe and put it in wrong. When it popped up I put in one serving. It is 10 servings. So it was 5 point each slice. NOW I am way over my points for daily and weekly and tomorrow is weigh in!!!

Well at least I have learned
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:20 AM   #95
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Ooops Berta. I thot that sounded too good to be true Oh well. It happens. I weigh in tomoro. It's only 4 days since last weigh-in but I want to get back to my regular meeting. I've been within the blue dots all month except one day. I was reviewing my results this am and it's slow going I'm hoping to lose an average of 1 1/2 lbs/wk, which puts me at goal in like 9 months. What a long journey! But it is what it is.
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 AM   #96
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
I wanted to post a graph of this month's weights to share how it fluctuates. I pretty much step on my scale every day. It automatically logs and graphs everything for me. According to weekly averages Fitbit does, I'm down 4.2 for the month but it hardly looks like any movement on the graph. Clothes are fitting looser and I'm looking slimmer but geesh, the numbers change so gradually. My meeting weigh-in amount is down 4 lbs from 12/28 to 1/28. I was hoping for a better month than that. Not sure what I can do to speed up my results but I will be thinking about it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3407.jpg (16.7 KB, 4 views)
__________________

Last edited by RW City Sue; 01-31-2017 at 08:36 AM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:06 AM   #97
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Ooops Berta. I thot that sounded too good to be true Oh well. It happens. I weigh in tomoro. It's only 4 days since last weigh-in but I want to get back to my regular meeting. I've been within the blue dots all month except one day. I was reviewing my results this am and it's slow going I'm hoping to lose an average of 1 1/2 lbs/wk, which puts me at goal in like 9 months. What a long journey! But it is what it is.
Yes I was so aggravated. But if I cut the cake into more servings I think it will lower the points. And I don't eat cake very often at all it just sounded so good. I have it in the fridge so it isn't sitting out on the counter to tempt me as much.

I found the yellow cake was 5 SP when cutting it into 10 slices. So I am thinking of looking at making it 16 slices. But the choc. cake has only 3 SP a slice cutting it into 12.So I will go that route if I want cake from now on.

When making the recipe it asks how many serving. I put in 12 Then the ingredients, then the instructions. Then save. After all that a pop up window comes up and it then ask how many servings and what meal to track it on. SO I put in 1 serving and lunch. It comes up zero. So I ask a coach and she says I am to put in 12 servings when that pops up.

To me that makes no sense at all because I am not eating 12 servings. But anyway I did that and it came up 5 SP Then I did the Chocolate one just to see... and it came up 3 servings.

SO anyway... lesson learned. I am just thankful I learned it early in the year


I wish I would loose 1 lb. a week. It has me down for like .4 a week

I am going to cut back my portions this week but still try to get in my 30 a day SP and see how I do in my next weigh in. Tonight is the night and I have gained but all I can do is go on and thankful I learned a lesson, so that I don't repeat it.

I bought some strawberries yesterday and boy are they ever good I purchased them at Aldi's. I was surprised this early in the year they were that good.

You really are doing well with this. WE also need to remember 9 months is nothing to the length it took us to get where we are. RIGHT?

I have got to get to going and figure this out.I am sick of this and I just really like everyone else want to get this off.

I am hoping that with all the fresh fruits and things coming into the stores now I will get the ball rolling.
I am going to try to make myself go for a walk of an evening when it gets warmer.I only am suppose to earn 7 fit points a week and I don't even do that

I have noticed some of my clothes are way big also. But I want to see my body shrink I put on a pair of slacks that were way to big and tried taking them up but to no avail. They just were way to big. And I sew, but not clothes. I do crafts etc.

Have a great week and I'll let you know the verdict on my weigh in tonight

Sorry I didn't aim to write a novel
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 01-31-2017 at 11:16 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:20 AM   #98
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
I wanted to post a graph of this month's weights to share how it fluctuates. I pretty much step on my scale every day. It automatically logs and graphs everything for me. According to weekly averages Fitbit does, I'm down 4.2 for the month but it hardly looks like any movement on the graph. Clothes are fitting looser and I'm looking slimmer but geesh, the numbers change so gradually. My meeting weigh-in amount is down 4 lbs from 12/28 to 1/28. I was hoping for a better month than that. Not sure what I can do to speed up my results but I will be thinking about it...
Sue mine looks like that too except I have a LOT more ups than downs.
We will get this figured out and we are going to be two hot chicks

I would NOT EVER want to loose my husband. I love him with ALL MY HEART He is my best friend. BUT I do feel I would loose a lot better if it were just me. He eats cashews and walnuts by the bag and ice cream by the half gallons and peanut butter cups and shoestring potatoes just all kinds of things. And I sit there trying to keep control of my eating

But I have to do it
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 01-31-2017 at 11:24 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #99
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Hello Gang
Well the verdict is in and it isn't good
I gained 2.6.

I am trying the simply filling technique this week. I am allowed potatoes, corn, peas and some other things I haven't been eating.

I don't have to track points.But If I eat something off the Simply Filling food list I track it and it takes away from my weekly points. So I don't know which plan will work best for me?

But I won't know unless I try them both. So far it is okay except I miss my popcorn and bacon. I pretty much eat the things that are on it anyway.

My biggest concern is... I eat till satisfied NOT STUFFED and sometimes it takes a lot for me to actually feel satisfied.
But I have been trying to keep with the WW plan of amounts of a servings.

Well I have to babysit today so I need to get my shower in before they get here. I just wanted to report and check in .

I changed my ticker with great regrets

I hope everyone has a better weigh in than I did.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 02-02-2017 at 10:21 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #100
carla70
Senior LCF Member
 
carla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northern Minnesota
Posts: 248
Gallery: carla70
Stats: 210/210/150
WOE: WW
Start Date: 01/15/2017
I am doing simply filling. Both have pros and cons. I am traveling again so I hope to stay focused and make good choices.

Once home am going to find my groove and do this!
__________________
Carla
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:06 AM   #101
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!
 
PACarolsue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Steeler Country
Posts: 2,153
Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Berta, I feel that the word "satisfied" can be misleading. You are to eat until physically satisfied, but mental satisfaction can be a different matter. As you eat, keep asking yourself if you are still hungry. That would signify physical satisfaction. It might take more food to give you mental satisfaction. That is where portion control comes in to play. Physical satisfaction is what your body needs, mental satisfaction is what your brain wants.

I lost much better when my DH wasn't in my life. He can eat anything and not gain. I agree it's hard having his food around.
__________________
Carol

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #102
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi everyone. I went for a short trip to the bay area and it was good to get back home to my own bed last nite. Berta, that's great how big your clothes are getting. When the scale is frustrating, I think it helps to consider our NSVs. That would be tough with a husband who has all those snack foods around. Yikes. I got 2 gifts of chocolates this week and I was like what now? I remembered a lady in my meeting said she took one piece and quickly gave the rest away so that's what I did. I got to enjoy the gifts but not have all those points. And it's nice to share. I can't have something like that around me.

I will be interested to hear how simply filling works out Berta. It oftentimes is a good idea to mix things up and try a new approach. I think you will be earning fitpoints with your babysitting. All that getting up and down adds up

I have my own Pilates reformer now. It's in the backseat of my car. My trainer got a new one and I got a bargain on her old one. Now I just have to see if my roommate and I can get it in the house because it's heavy I'm going to see if I can disassemble part of it to bring it in... but I'm excited. I've wanted one at home for a long time.

Berta, I adjusted my tracker also. I'm breaking it up into mini goals like you do so it doesn't look like I have so far to go

Ok everyone, let's have a successful weekend.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #103
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Berta, I feel that the word "satisfied" can be misleading. You are to eat until physically satisfied, but mental satisfaction can be a different matter. As you eat, keep asking yourself if you are still hungry. That would signify physical satisfaction. It might take more food to give you mental satisfaction. That is where portion control comes in to play. Physical satisfaction is what your body needs, mental satisfaction is what your brain wants.

I lost much better when my DH wasn't in my life. He can eat anything and not gain. I agree it's hard having his food around.
Carol
Yes I am eating normal portions but OH how I am enjoying my cereal and milk with a banana and my potato and beans
Tonight I am fixing fresh green beans with potatoes in them seasoned with garlic, onions and cooked in ff beef broth and Italian seasoning. Then we are having baked catfish with cornmeal. I can even have it!!!

I do know the difference in being satisfied physically and mentally. I try to ignore my mental. Like last night I had popcorn cooked in the mircrowave in a brown bag and after it was gone I was wanting more but told myself enough was enough

How did you like Simply Filling? Or are you still on it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi everyone. I went for a short trip to the bay area and it was good to get back home to my own bed last nite. Berta, that's great how big your clothes are getting. When the scale is frustrating, I think it helps to consider our NSVs. That would be tough with a husband who has all those snack foods around. Yikes. I got 2 gifts of chocolates this week and I was like what now? I remembered a lady in my meeting said she took one piece and quickly gave the rest away so that's what I did. I got to enjoy the gifts but not have all those points. And it's nice to share. I can't have something like that around me.

I will be interested to hear how simply filling works out Berta. It oftentimes is a good idea to mix things up and try a new approach. I think you will be earning fitpoints with your babysitting. All that getting up and down adds up

I have my own Pilates reformer now. It's in the backseat of my car. My trainer got a new one and I got a bargain on her old one. Now I just have to see if my roommate and I can get it in the house because it's heavy I'm going to see if I can disassemble part of it to bring it in... but I'm excited. I've wanted one at home for a long time.

Berta, I adjusted my tracker also. I'm breaking it up into mini goals like you do so it doesn't look like I have so far to go

Ok everyone, let's have a successful weekend.

Sue
Sue
I'm glad you got your little trip.Hope you had a nice time. WOW that chocolate would have been a red light for me tooI'm very proud of you for getting rid of it

I am thinking of buying a fit bit It will tell me how much I have done.
It seems much better breaking it up into small losses but seems my losses get put right back on.So I am determined to find what works best for me.

We will see this t\Tuesday evening. I am sorta concerned as I am not use to being able to eat the things I've been eating. But I am watching my portions.So we will see. I do really really enjoy the foods.

I had a glass of ff milk with 2 TBS Hersheys SF syrup last night and it tasted so good

Well I hope you have a great weigh in and rest of the week.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 02-03-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #104
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, your catfish and green beans sounds so good. I think I will cook fish w a cornmeal batter today also. I got a new cookbook called slim down south with lightened up southern recipes. I don't cook much but I like getting ideas

High five for telling yourself enough is enough popcorn! That's how to win the mental game. I often find I'm talking myself thru smarter choices lately also. I highly recommend a Fitbit. I have the flex and it's just great. I thnk what you said about really liking the foods you are eating with simply filling is important. I know I need to be happy and want to feel like I'm eating foods I really love. I had a chocolate drink last nite also. We're on the same wave length

My next weigh-in is Wednesday now that I can get back to my usual meetings. My home scale was a new low this am so I'm happy about that. I feel like I've become a finicky eater and its paying off. My next new toy I'm considering is an air fryer. I've seen a lot of talk about them on Connect. I'm not big on fried foods but I do like some things cooked crispy. So I'm starting to research this. Anyone else have one or heard of these?

Have a nice Saturday everyone.
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #105
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, your catfish and green beans sounds so good. I think I will cook fish w a cornmeal batter today also. I got a new cookbook called slim down south with lightened up southern recipes. I don't cook much but I like getting ideas

High five for telling yourself enough is enough popcorn! That's how to win the mental game. I often find I'm talking myself thru smarter choices lately also. I highly recommend a Fitbit. I have the flex and it's just great. I thnk what you said about really liking the foods you are eating with simply filling is important. I know I need to be happy and want to feel like I'm eating foods I really love. I had a chocolate drink last nite also. We're on the same wave length

My next weigh-in is Wednesday now that I can get back to my usual meetings. My home scale was a new low this am so I'm happy about that. I feel like I've become a finicky eater and its paying off. My next new toy I'm considering is an air fryer. I've seen a lot of talk about them on Connect. I'm not big on fried foods but I do like some things cooked crispy. So I'm starting to research this. Anyone else have one or heard of these?

Have a nice Saturday everyone.
Hello Sue
Thank you Sue.It was really good. I took 1/4 cup cornmeal and put it on a plate.Then just wet the fish and placed each piece in it and and turned it over and dipped it again. Then sprayed the dish with a non stick spray and put the fish in it.Then sprayed the tops with the non stick spray.Baked it in the oven and it came out nice and brown and crispy. I also added two potatoes and some onions to the beans.
We have some beans left over.But my husband commented how good the supper was I fixed him some corn on the cob also. I had one ear made for me but I didn't like it, it was tough so he ate it.(He's Mikey he'll eat anything )(Remember that old commercial about Mikey?)

As for the popcorn I am not popping it in oil any longer (sorta). I am allowed 2 tsp a day, so I take the popcorn and put it in a spoon and put the oil on it and put it in a brown paper bag and pop it in the microwave. It isn't quite as tasty but it is still very good IMO.

I am thinking that was part of my problem. I would pour the oil in (didn't even measure it)and then pop it. Well it is 8 SP( or something like that) for 6 c of oil popped popcorn. But that was the popcorn!!! I hadn't even considered the oil I wish they would be more specific when listing the SP for the foods.Or maybe I should just be a bit smarter

I do plan on buying a fit bit one of these days. But as for the fryer no. Because we have stainless LG stove and it has a convection oven. So that is the same as a fryer has. There was a girl that brought one to the WW meeting 2 weeks ago and cooked some french fries in it and showed the people. But of course I was still not well and didn't stay for the meeting so I missed it.

I am trying to get two credit cards paid off and I will have in about 4 more months. I had zero interest for 18 months, so it was really nice during the Holidays to have. I don't normally use credit cards.Then I will have some more money to buy one.

My husband bought me a smart phone from US Cellular. I know why they are called Smart Phones. That thing is really tough trying to figure things out. But I think I've finally got it( I think)

As for the chocolate. I LOVE, LOVE the WW chocolate Smoothie . I make it with water and it is really very good.And it is on the Simply Filling foods to eat. But if I had to count it it would be 3 SP. But worth every one IMO.
The WW Smoothies come in Caramel Toffee, Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate. I have a box of all of them

Have you tried the Smart Ones Salsbury steak you purchased yet? If so did you like it? Seems funny to me but the WW meals are NOT on the Simply Filling list
Also I think about this... They say they are teaching us to eat healthy yet they make and sell junk foods?? IMO they are teaching portion control more than eating healthy. What do you think about that?

Well have a great rest of the week and weigh in.

I am a bit concerned because I started the SF Wednesday and sorta went gung ho. But have gotten myself back in control.

So I have no idea how my weigh in this week will be. But I am sticking to SF for at least the rest of the month to see how I do. I do feel as if I have a different mind set for some reason But we will see. Until next time
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 02-04-2017 at 10:42 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #106
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Sure is quite around here

Well just a quick note to say I LIKE SIMPLY FILLING a LOT better than the regular plan. I lost 1.8 this weigh in.
And I ate potatoes,steak, hamburgers, bread, corn, peas, veggies of other nature, butter beans and just about anything else that tripped m trigger that was on the list and some that wasn't. I even used half of my weeklies.

So I am doing it again this week to see how I do. I almost am back to my 40 lbs off. Hopefully I'll make it there this week.
I'm everyone else did well too.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 02-08-2017 at 03:48 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #107
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta! OMG I'm so happy for you That's so great that simply filling is working so well for you. I was up 1 lb today. I had some salty foods the last couple days so I imagine that's why. I ate most of my weeklies this week, which I normally don't. As I've heard said often: the struggle is real.

My fresh food came today, so I'm going to tighten things up with food choices and I plan on doing some cardio workouts this week on my reformer rebounder attachment. So, I continue on and remind myself I'm tweaking lifestyle choices that will stay with me.
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #108
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta! OMG I'm so happy for you That's so great that simply filling is working so well for you. I was up 1 lb today. I had some salty foods the last couple days so I imagine that's why. I ate most of my weeklies this week, which I normally don't. As I've heard said often: the struggle is real.

My fresh food came today, so I'm going to tighten things up with food choices and I plan on doing some cardio workouts this week on my reformer rebounder attachment. So, I continue on and remind myself I'm tweaking lifestyle choices that will stay with me.
Sue,
I was so happy. I was a bit worried because I ate a LOT the first two days. But then like I said I had to get control of my portions. So it seems to be a bit easier this week so far.But it's only been two days

We are eating with friends at a Mexican place Friday evening and I am trying to find out what is on SF. They have a stir fry and I called them and they said it was cooked on a grill and then oil added. I ask If I could order it with no oil.She said yes So that is what I am going to do. It will probably be sorta dry but that's okay.I think I'll get the shrimp one.

Sunday evening is our Monthly fellowship supper so I will have to really watch that. But I feel I can do it. I even exercised once this week. I only lasted ten minutes but it's a start.With my arthritis and degenerative joint disease it's hard. But I at least kept moving

I mean to tell you it is called simply filling because I get so full. It seems the other way I was always wanting something to eat

You will get that lb off in no time. I know I will have a gain along the way but I am feeling like I can actually accomplish this.

What seems strange to me is WW food/meals are not on the SF list of foods to eat The only thing I have found is the Smoothies. And I really like them

Well are you still weighing on Sat? I can't seem to remember. We had ice and then snow today It is so COLD. It was like only 20 F.

But the first day of spring is March 20th.So it won't be to long now..

I wonder where everyone else is.They sure don't seem to stay long do they

Take care, keep warm and have a great week
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 02-08-2017 at 09:17 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 AM   #109
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi Berta. Back to just us again I guess. I'm so glad you are are hanging in there with me

I'm weighing on Wednesday mornings unless I'm snowed in. We've been getting rain here this week. I hear you about that Midwest weather. Winters are sooo cold. I was raised in Omaha. I am pretty anxious for Spring this year.

That's awesome that you got some exercise in It is tough with arthritis. I have to do non weight bearing stuff for my workouts as much as I can. I plan on my reformer rebounder today. It is done laying down, so it's easier on my joints.

Ok, I will talk to you later my friend.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:14 AM   #110
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Hi Berta. Back to just us again I guess. I'm so glad you are are hanging in there with me

I'm weighing on Wednesday mornings unless I'm snowed in. We've been getting rain here this week. I hear you about that Midwest weather. Winters are sooo cold. I was raised in Omaha. I am pretty anxious for Spring this year.

That's awesome that you got some exercise in It is tough with arthritis. I have to do non weight bearing stuff for my workouts as much as I can. I plan on my reformer rebounder today. It is done laying down, so it's easier on my joints.

Ok, I will talk to you later my friend.

Sue
Morning Sue
I am thinking some will be back. I hope so anyway
Is the re-bounder you speak of like a mini trampoline? I use to have one if it is.But I would kill myself on it now probably

Well have a great rest of the week. Take care of yourself and try to stay warm.
I noticed a tree outside of the WW door and it has buds on it And the ducks are back on the pond near our house.SO Spring is on it's way
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #111
Dabbadooey
Senior LCF Member
 
Dabbadooey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South Carolina USA
Posts: 106
Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/24/17
I'm back to counting points. I really love the simply filling program, but I just eat too much.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:23 PM   #112
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member
 
Still Karen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 167
Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi Ladies, may I hang with you for a while? I did WW many years ago and have been a point counter for a long time but need to get back at it and need daily support to keep honest and motivated. Need to lose 20-30 pounds.

I've been hearing/reading that the point system has changed and wonder if I want to switch to the new or keep what is familiar. I'm not a big meat eater and don't want to be. When I see that the new program is more meat friendly I'm not sure that is what I want to do. The new program seems to be more fruit friendly too....zero points for all the fruits, is that really correct? All fruits, even bananas?

I don't want to go to meetings. I hate the meetings. I know what to do I just need to stay motivated to do it. Also I have a medical condition that prevents me from doing the exercise portion so I don't want to be preached at about moving more when it is impossible to do (preached at the meetings I mean).

So I've been thinking about going to a meeting, signing up, getting the new literature and just not returning to the meetings. So my question is this. Knowing that I'm not big on adding more meat (I'm happy with 2-4 eggs per day, some cheese, and 3 oz other meat every other day) so knowing that would you suggest I stay on my old system or pay the money for the new system and switch over? I've heard with the new system that you get more points but I have a feeling they are simply fruit and vegetable points. On my old system most veggies are zero points and the fruits are one or two points. I love fruits, veggies, fiber breads, beans, eggs, veggie burgers, pudding, small amounts of chicken, protein shakes. That is my mainstay. knowing that, what would you suggest?

Then....may I check in each day with you for support?

So far today., old point system.... Evolv Protein Shake with Almond milk (2 Pts), 2 sl Natural Ovens bread (2 Pts), 2 whole eggs w/butter in pan (5 pts)

Thanks,
Karen
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #113
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member
 
Still Karen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 167
Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
ok, finished my points safely today. I had 24 pts and can legally have 24 pts (old system).

Evolv Shake (2), egg sandwich (5), Ice cream bar (3) Hot chocolate w/2% milk at cafe with a friend (counting it as 8 pts, who really knows), 2 small valentine chocolates (2), 3 oz ham (3), 1 1/2 cup mixed veggies (1...had some corn in the mix) = total of 24.

I'm also doing IFing as a WOE. I opened my fasting window at noon and closed it at 6 p.m.. Nothing for me except non-calorie beverages until noon tomorrow.

Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #114
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member
 
Still Karen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 167
Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
oops. I meant to say that I can legally have 26 points...I said 24...typo.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #115
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Berta, yes, just like other rebounders but it's set up so I use it laying down so I can't fall. I gave away my old rebounder after knee surgery. Love the signs of spring
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #116
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi Karen Glad to have you join us.

Dabbadooey

I wb back later. Have a workout to do.

Sue
__________________

Last edited by RW City Sue; 02-10-2017 at 09:18 AM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #117
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member
 
RW City Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains near Tahoe
Posts: 726
Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi. Everyone. Happy Saturday. It finally stopped raining here. We got really soaked. And there are flooding problems now all over the place. Thankfully I'm not affected. I guess I will try and get out for awhile to get things done. I'm considering getting an SUV to replace my Infinity sedan so I can get around better in the mountains. I don't like to car shop. Bleah. I'm trying to find a female salesperson; I hate being pressured and given the runaround to squeeze more money out of me. Anyway, got off on a tangent there

All is well and on plan with food choices. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Sue
__________________
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #118
Dabbadooey
Senior LCF Member
 
Dabbadooey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South Carolina USA
Posts: 106
Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/24/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Hi Ladies, may I hang with you for a while? I did WW many years ago and have been a point counter for a long time but need to get back at it and need daily support to keep honest and motivated. Need to lose 20-30 pounds.

I've been hearing/reading that the point system has changed and wonder if I want to switch to the new or keep what is familiar. I'm not a big meat eater and don't want to be. When I see that the new program is more meat friendly I'm not sure that is what I want to do. The new program seems to be more fruit friendly too....zero points for all the fruits, is that really correct? All fruits, even bananas?

I don't want to go to meetings. I hate the meetings. I know what to do I just need to stay motivated to do it. Also I have a medical condition that prevents me from doing the exercise portion so I don't want to be preached at about moving more when it is impossible to do (preached at the meetings I mean).

So I've been thinking about going to a meeting, signing up, getting the new literature and just not returning to the meetings. So my question is this. Knowing that I'm not big on adding more meat (I'm happy with 2-4 eggs per day, some cheese, and 3 oz other meat every other day) so knowing that would you suggest I stay on my old system or pay the money for the new system and switch over? I've heard with the new system that you get more points but I have a feeling they are simply fruit and vegetable points. On my old system most veggies are zero points and the fruits are one or two points. I love fruits, veggies, fiber breads, beans, eggs, veggie burgers, pudding, small amounts of chicken, protein shakes. That is my mainstay. knowing that, what would you suggest?

Then....may I check in each day with you for support?

So far today., old point system.... Evolv Protein Shake with Almond milk (2 Pts), 2 sl Natural Ovens bread (2 Pts), 2 whole eggs w/butter in pan (5 pts)

Thanks,
Karen
Hi Karen, I am not much of a meat or chicken eater, and I really don't like the new points system. It doesn't count fiber anymore, and I feel very hungry on it.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #119
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member
 
Still Karen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 167
Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi Dabba, Thanks for responding. It sounds like you have done both systems so are you using the old or new system now? I'd like to find some "buddies" who are doing the old system so we can track our points each day and share recipes/tricks etc. with the new system its easy to get our point tally's confused on this thread.

If anyone on here uses the old points system and would like to be my buddy(s) I'd enjoy losing weight with WW points with you.

Thanks!
Karen
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #120
Berta48
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 3,460
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Hello Gang
Well I didn't go to my meeting last night. But the meetings are just an extra bonus for joining up online.However I weighed here at home and I lost one lb. I have changed my ticker since Spring is nearly here


Last week our leader Debra said they were going to start selling zero points pasta at the meetings.I am looking forward to trying it at least once. I actually am not looking for it to taste all that great as I have no idea what it is made from.
I am really really liking the Simply Filling plan.Man it is filling too. I eat what I want that is on the list and don't have to track it or count points. Then I have 42 weekly points I can use when eating foods not on the list. It is awesome IMO

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. And good losses too.
__________________
With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.


Last edited by Berta48; 02-15-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.