Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #121
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Good for you Berta. One pound is better that no pounds. Let us know how that pasta tastes.

I'm on target for my eating day. 14 points so far and I can have 24.

Still looking for a buddy who will check in daily to buddy up with me....anyone interested??
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #122
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Good for you Berta. One pound is better that no pounds. Let us know how that pasta tastes.

I'm on target for my eating day. 14 points so far and I can have 24.

Still looking for a buddy who will check in daily to buddy up with me....anyone interested??
Karen
I would buddy up with you.But you were wanting someone on the same plan. It's okay to be here we like hearing how you are doing.

Maybe we can be of some encouragement even though we are doing different plans.

Yes, I will take a lb a week any old time. Down almost fourty

Last edited by Berta48; 02-15-2017 at 02:57 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #123
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta, That would be great if we could buddy up. I really need it. As I said before, I'll be doing the old WW plan (the fiber one). The only reason I sort of wanted someone on the same plan is because the points are different but I'm happy to have any buddy..

I'd like to check in daily. Can you do that too??

I need to lose about 30 pounds in all (blahhhhhhhhhh) so I'll be at it a while, estimated until June or July and who knows maybe I'll go longer. My points can go as high as 27 per day but I have some back problems and can't do the exercising that I used to do so I think I need to stay at the lower end of the points so I'm trying to stick around 20-24 per day. I finished today at 21 points yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now, all I need is about 200 days of that.

Hopefully with a buddy I will be more accountable, at least that is the plan.

So how much weight do you need to lose and where are you on your timeline? Also, I don't plan to do WW meetings but love hearing about yours. I know what to do I just need to knuckle down and do it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks for buddying !!!!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #124
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I just read your last post more closely (duh, should have done that first). You've already lost 36 pounds!!! Amazing. You go Girl!!! And you are a Christian........all the better, I am too and love encouraging each other in the Lord.

Let's buddy up and get this done. Summer clothes will be here before we know it. I live in Minnesota, cold now but capri's will come out of my closet in May and I'd like to be a size lower by then.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:43 PM   #125
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Oh and I just read your last post more closely (duh, should have done that first). You've already lost 36 pounds!!! Amazing. You go Girl!!! And you are a Christian........all the better, I am too and love encouraging each other in the Lord.

Let's buddy up and get this done. Summer clothes will be here before we know it. I live in Minnesota, cold now but capri's will come out of my closet in May and I'd like to be a size lower by then.
Karen
Well I am not on here everyday, I babysit and I do a lot of crafts. Quilting etc. So I don't have the time. But If I can help in anyway I will do my best.
Sue is also a GREAT support.She started this thread. But she has slacked off some too (Hear that SUE ? ) She is in the mountains and when spring comes hopefully she'll be here more
I need you to look at my post again I have lost 39.6 lbs
I have about 80 lbs or more to loose. I haven't made up my mind what I want my final goal to be. I know it isn't going to be as low as they tell me it should be though. If I ever get that close I may change my mind. We'll see.

YES I am a born again Christian. Been saved half my life and He gets sweeter every day!

Old 02-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #126
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta,

You are a busy gal for sure. I'm a quilter too. Used to craft years ago but not so much anymore. Fun stuff though.

Check in when you can and we can buddy our way through the pounds. I'm going to post daily and you can catch up when you check in.

Yeahhhhh, for your other 3.6 pounds that I missed. I think I saw the 3 and the 6 and missed the 9 in the middle. Ha ha.... Hooray for you!!!

I'm at 25 points today, legal but at the top of my points, I can have 27. All in all its a winning day. That is two successful WW days for me.

Evolv Shake (2), carrot muffin (3), Quaker Chewy Dipps (3), cream of wheat (3) bite of angel food cake (1), banana (2), slaw (4), Chicken & rice (7). = 25 points for the day.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #127
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hi Berta,

You are a busy gal for sure. I'm a quilter too. Used to craft years ago but not so much anymore. Fun stuff though.

Check in when you can and we can buddy our way through the pounds. I'm going to post daily and you can catch up when you check in.

Yeahhhhh, for your other 3.6 pounds that I missed. I think I saw the 3 and the 6 and missed the 9 in the middle. Ha ha.... Hooray for you!!!

I'm at 25 points today, legal but at the top of my points, I can have 27. All in all its a winning day. That is two successful WW days for me.

Evolv Shake (2), carrot muffin (3), Quaker Chewy Dipps (3), cream of wheat (3) bite of angel food cake (1), banana (2), slaw (4), Chicken & rice (7). = 25 points for the day.
Karen
I would not survive on 27 points. I get daily 30 but doing Simply Filling I get 42.I try not to use any of them though. But this week I have been a few.Tomorrow night we are eating out with friends so I am sure there will some used there too.

What WW are plan are doing anyway? That sure seems low to me.
Well it is late and that is usually when I get on here.

But two days down is great KUTGW

Old 02-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #128
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta,

I use the old system, points plus (PP). I can have 20-27 points each day - my weight is currently 172. I like to stay closer to 21 points per day. If I am home and can keep on task I can do 20-22 points without hunger. Today I had a doctor appointment and was running errands so I had a Quaker food bar and it upped my points by 3 (grrrr) but oh well, I still stayed legal. Hopefully tomorrow I can hit 20 points and make up for it.

Don't buy those Quaker food bars....not worth the points. I usually have Atkins bars but the store was out of them so I picked up Quaker.....won't do that again.

I like Points Plus and don't want to pay for the new SP system. I just hope I don't mess other people up by recording my points here. I like PP because I can have the carbs, like the banana I had today and the cereal. I usually eat more veggies but again, I was out running around today so wasn't home to steam my bowl of mixed veggies. Also, PP has most veggies as Free, zero points, so I might not always post those points. I just record the foods that have points.

I'm on here late too. It keeps me out of the kitchen.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #129
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Berta, are you the one in the blue or red top in your picture?
Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #130
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, are you the one in the blue or red top in your picture?
I am in the red .The other is my daughter

Doing good so far this week. How are things going for you? Tonight we are eating out so I am really, really they will have something I can eat. I plan on taking my own salad dressing just in case.

I would like a steak,baked potato and veggie.But we will see.

I have the little one today I am glad it is Friday. She is precious and minds pretty good.But she wears me out . I have to watch her all the time as she gets into things. But she is only 1 1/2 so she is exploring and discovering things right now.

Well we are going to go outside, it is so nice today. So we are gong to take a short walk and enjoy this weather a bit. Have a great day and week end.

Last edited by Berta48; 02-17-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Old 02-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #131
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta,

At first I thought I was communicating with your daughter. I think it was the mention of babysitting but then I got to thinking about it and realized that you might be the one. Yeahhhh, someone nearer my age I'm 59.

Have a nice dinner out, I always take my own salad dressing in one of those little Tupperware mini's. Love those mini's.

It's 4:30 p.m. and my points are on track. Gonna try to stay at or under 22. I did something clever with a can of soup today. I had a can of Progresso Beef & Vegetable soup, 4 points for the whole can. BUT... to that can I added a whole pint can of drained green beans and a whole large roasted carrot that I sliced into the soup. The green beans and carrot are zero points so I had this whole medium size pan full of soup. I had half of it for lunch and the other half 3 hours later for a snack....4 points for noon and snack....love it!!!! That should help me keep my points under control for the day.

I'll check back in later with my total points for the day. Thanks for checking in. This really helps me to have a buddy to do this with. Again, have a nice evening and weekend.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #132
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Friday's count. 23 points (can have 20-27)

Evolv Shake (2), Cream of Wheat (2), Progresso Beef & Veg soup with 1 can drained green beans and 1 sliced roasted carrot (4), Quaker bar (3), banana (2), 4 oz chicken thigh (4), small potato (1), Brocoli/Cauliflower/Squash w/1 oz cheddar (1), slaw (3), 1 tsp icing (1) = 23 pts total.

I could kick myself for having that Quaker Bar....not worth the points. They are like candy instead of like a protein bar. My husband uses Atkins bars for a snack at work. I shopped a different grocery store a couple days ago and they didn't have Atkins so I bought a box of those Quaker Bars. I had one yesterday and was upset for eating it but still dipped into them again today. Only three sugary bites to the bar and 3 points added to my tally sheet. They are not satisfying at all. You really have to fight your mind to not reach for another one. So while I did well today I could have done better without those 3 bites of "Devil" food. By "Devil" I mean totally lying to you, totally deceiving, totally sneaky, totally tempting, no nutritional value,.........just plain satanic.

Berta, I went back and read your posts this evening to try to get to know you a little better, to catch up with this group. I see that you were sick with the flu recently. I hope you are better now.

Also, it was nice to see that you are right at a year on WW and it looks like you switched from the Points Plus plan to the new plan. It sounds like you are happy with the switch of plans. It just helps me to understand what you are doing so I know how to comment and encourage. And I am so impressed with your nearly 40 pound loss.....amazing!!!

And you babysit for hire, not with grandkids. Sounds like you just have the one little girl, is that right? How sweet, kids are the best!!! I wish I still had a strong back because I would love to nanny some little kids.

Specifically what kind of crafts do you do? Do you sell them or just use them yourself or as personal gifts?

And you write long posts..............yes, my kind of gal!!! I can get wordy too sometimes as you can see. I love to talk and write (talking with fingers... )

And it looks like you don't usually come on here on the weekend so I'll just talk to myself on the board until you come back.

I hope you had a nice dinner out and that you were able to stick to your points.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #133
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 206 GW 159
WOE: WW Smart Points & Simply Filling
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hi friends A quick drive by. I was up .2 on Wed weigh-in. Having some trouble making new habits stick lately-points used each day have been inching up, especially on days when I'm tired or stressed. Definitely I'm making better choices than pre weight watcher days, just need some more fine tuning.

I will try and stop back later to read posts and comment. Great work hanging in there everyone. Happy weekend
Old 02-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #134
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

yeah....another day finished legally. Whoot Whoot!! (day 4 for me)

I can have 20-27 points, finished at 22, right where I want to be.

Evolv shake (2) Red Mill Muesli w/almond milk (6), Progresso Chicken noodle soup (4), New York brand garlic bread (4), Atkins Penne pasta (0), Prego Farmers Market Spaghetti Sauce w/1 oz ground beef (3), banana bread (3) = 22 points

Food Share....Have you tried Atkins Pasta yet? The Penne is 18 g Fiber, 140 calorie, 11 g Protein, 1 g Sugar, 19 g net carbs and 1 g fat for 2 oz. That makes up into 1 cup of pasta. It is very filling and I could not finish the whole cup, only ate 1/2 cup. I order it online, a little pricey but very worth it. Tastes and feels in your mouth just like regular pasta. It takes about twice the time to cook though which is a great trade off for zero points of PASTA!!!! (Points Plus, old system...not sure how it breaks out in the new system).

I always get my water/tea/fluids in and picked up sticks in the yard for some exercise.

Until tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #135
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I had to add 3 points to my day yesterday for a total of 25. I was so hungry when I went to bed that I could not sleep. So finally, after about 2 hours of not being able to sleep I got up and had a little bowl of Cheerios and milk. I fell asleep about 20 minutes later and slept like a baby the rest of the night. I was still within my legal limit but really wanted a 22 point day. A little sad about that.

On track for today. Will post later tonight.

I hope everyone is having a blessed day!!
Old 02-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #136
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Finishing the day at 26 points. My 5 point cupcake put me a couple points higher than I would like but it was a nice treat. I'm still within my 20-27 point range so hopefully all will be well.

Evolv shake (2), Musili (6), chocolate cupcake (5), cocoa (2), banana (2) Candy Cane (1), Veggie plate (6), cocoa (2)..... = 26

I hit the chocolate hard today and enjoyed every bite and swallow.

And I picked up sticks in the yard and took a little walk, total of 25 minutes.

See you tomorrow!
Old 02-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #137
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Sue, I just caught the news (honestly I haven't been following it much lately) and instantly thought of you with all the rain that California is getting. I hope you are safe. I don't even know you personally but the news reports look like its just terrible out there. No rain for years then you get it all in a few days. Praying for you!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:50 PM   #138
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I'm ending on the high end of my scale but still legal. I had a meet up with a friend and we had pizza, not at all on my plan but seeing the friend was great. I was able to find the nutritional info so I'm pretty sure my points are correct.

Evolv Shake (2), Carrot muffin (3), tomato soup and crackers (5), banana (2), tomato soup and less crackers (4), veggies (0),1 slice pizza (7), three bites of butternut squash pie (4).....(we ordered one slice, then we cut it into thirds. I got one third and she got two thirds) = 27

I'm going to try to remember to post my carrot muffin recipe tomorrow. So yummy, filling and they keep well in the refrigerator.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:31 AM   #139
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sue, I just caught the news (honestly I haven't been following it much lately) and instantly thought of you with all the rain that California is getting. I hope you are safe. I don't even know you personally but the news reports look like its just terrible out there. No rain for years then you get it all in a few days. Praying for you!
Karen, thanks. I'm fine where I live but there have been a lot of mudslides all over this area. It's really storming again tonite so we will see in the morning how the dams are doing. The Sacramento valley is protected by a series of dams and levees to control water coming out of the mountains and there is an emergency causeway where water can be diverted and they've been doing that, flooding the causeway. Your prayers are certainly appreciated. I've never seen anything like this before.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #140
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, glad you got out to enjoy the nicer weather and even get a walk in. That's great-part of our lifestyle changes-being more active. Yes, I have been slacking with getting here to post lately. I've been hanging in there trying to keep my daily points down but have been dipping into my weeklies a lot. I'm having a hard time lately saying under 30 sp's/day so I'm looking at how I can tighten up my choices and still feel happy about what I get to eat.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #141
Berta48
Berta48

Hello girls
Well I am down 2.2 this week.That makes me a bit over 41 lbs now almost 42 now

I am really liking the SF. it is so great for me anyway. I even almost used all my 42 weekly points. I had ten left and still lost that much.
But I didn't go last week so probably only one each week.But I will take it. It is so much better than what I was doing.

Quote:
yeah....another day finished legally. Whoot Whoot!! (day 4 for me)

I can have 20-27 points, finished at 22, right where I want to be.

Evolv shake (2) Red Mill Muesli w/almond milk (6), Progresso Chicken noodle soup (4), New York brand garlic bread (4), Atkins Penne pasta (0), Prego Farmers Market Spaghetti Sauce w/1 oz ground beef (3), banana bread (3) = 22 points

Food Share....Have you tried Atkins Pasta yet? The Penne is 18 g Fiber, 140 calorie, 11 g Protein, 1 g Sugar, 19 g net carbs and 1 g fat for 2 oz. That makes up into 1 cup of pasta. It is very filling and I could not finish the whole cup, only ate 1/2 cup. I order it online, a little pricey but very worth it. Tastes and feels in your mouth just like regular pasta. It takes about twice the time to cook though which is a great trade off for zero points of PASTA!!!! (Points Plus, old system...not sure how it breaks out in the new system).

I always get my water/tea/fluids in and picked up sticks in the yard for some exercise.

Until tomorrow.
Karen
Haven't tried it but WW is coming out with a new no points pasta. You can order it online now but then you pay shipping. I love the smoothies. That is about the only WW food item that is on the SF list

Sounds like you are doing good it's always one day at a time for me. But that is what the Lord tells us to do right? Take one day at a time. So we will get there one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, glad you got out to enjoy the nicer weather and even get a walk in. That's great-part of our lifestyle changes-being more active. Yes, I have been slacking with getting here to post lately. I've been hanging in there trying to keep my daily points down but have been dipping into my weeklies a lot. I'm having a hard time lately saying under 30 sp's/day so I'm looking at how I can tighten up my choices and still feel happy about what I get to eat.
Sue
Happy to see you back. Sure miss seeing your posts.
Don't feel to bad we all gain from time to time.Heaven knows I do. Look how I was doing before doing sf.Up and down up and down.It is frustrating. But I honestly feel I have found my nitch

Old 02-21-2017, 08:02 PM   #142
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo Berta. You sure are on to something that's really working for you. I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing. Hanging in there has finally paid off I was planning on my meeting in the morning and weigh-in but we're getting snow again so it's unlikely I will make it which is disappointing. I'm on Connect alot this week for inspiration though.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #143
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Woohoo Berta. You sure are on to something that's really working for you. I'm so happy to hear how well you're doing. Hanging in there has finally paid off I was planning on my meeting in the morning and weigh-in but we're getting snow again so it's unlikely I will make it which is disappointing. I'm on Connect a lot this week for inspiration though.
Thank you Sue
Snow It's been 75 F here this past week.It's been great. We have really had a very mild winter. But that is fine with me

I didn't stay for my meeting tonight I just weighed in and left. I am so exhausted,that little girl really wears me out. She is good but I am old I had her four days this week and usually it is only two or three. She is starting to get onery though.

I am wondering if you have ever tried the SF plan? Also have you heard that WW is coming out with a no points pasta? It is made from the konack (Spelling)plant so don't know how it will taste.

But I can have whole grain pasta on SF so I will more than likely stick with it.
I have read on Connect but haven't figured out how to post a photo. Don't know If I would or not anyway

Take care and stay safe & warm
P.S. only 5 more lbs and I will be in another level

Last edited by Berta48; 02-21-2017 at 09:16 PM..
Old 02-22-2017, 06:06 AM   #144
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I have tried the konjak pasta and it's fine, not as filling as regular pasta though. I have the WW 0 point lasagna noodles I got from online but haven't tried them yet. I got them bc they're the only lasagna konjac noodles I've seen and I was ordering a tea thermos anyway so added them to the order. Ive gotten shirataki noodles from the grocery store and they are especially good in soups.

I'm jealous of your 75°. This has been a tough winter here. We got snow overnite but it's not daylight yet so can't see how deep it is. You will be at your next 5 lb goal in no time. That is encouraging to me. This 5 lbs I'm working on now has been the toughest 5 lbs of my journey so far. March 20 is my one year WW anniversary. I'm trying to make a few more changes to step things up.

I have looked into simply filling and looked at the food list. For me, I can have a tendency to overeat on almost anything so portion control is a big issue for me and I have to be careful not to trigger my eating disorder. I may try SF at some point closer to goal if I need to change things up. I know it's the answer for quite a few people and I'm delighted you are doing so well on it.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #145
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I have good news and bad news to share today....

Bad news. I had such a good WW points week then last night my husband needed cookies baked to take to work for an office party. I ate cookie batter and 4 baked cookies. I don't even know how to count those points so I estimated how many actual cookies and gave them 4 points each. Girls....its 50 points or something close to that for yesterdays tally............. Cookies are my all time weakness as you can probably tell.

As I was eating those cookies my brain kept saying "You have a weigh-in in the morning" and I still kept shoving those things in my mouth. I estimate a total of 7 cookies (28+ points)!!! I finally stopped eating them but I have to admit that it was a very pleasant food vacation. Cookies are out the door now so I'm safe again.

So this morning I had my WI and I am down 5-6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my good news!!! Now, I absolutely know that the drop is because of being good all week and that the cookie binge might catch up with me but I have not seen 167 or 168 on my scale for well over 4 years. I did not weigh last Wednesday so it is possible that I was already down a couple pounds because I've been trying since the new year started but was not being very committed. When I started last week I really got committed but did not weigh for fear of seeing a number that would totally put me into a depression that would send me running to the pantry. Honestly I was scared to step on that scale this morning for the same reason but I decided I had to face the raw hard facts.

Whew......I feel so much better. I'm going to use 168 as my new weight. I saw 167 and 168. I don't have a digital scale so I do that whole thing of getting on and off the scale several times. It kept coming up 167 and 168, never above 168 so I'll use 168 for this weeks number. Honestly I don't feel lighter. My clothes still feel tight (actually a top I wore yesterday felt better) so I have to trust the number on the scale.

And my big fat lesson is that sticking to the plan really does pay off so my plan for this next week is to try to follow last weeks menu again. I know having this group/board is helping me be more accountable and encouraged. I thank you all for that!!
Old 02-22-2017, 07:59 AM   #146
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Just read your last few posts.

Congratulations Berta!!! 2.2 down and into the next decade. Whoot Whoot And yes, one day at a time (Sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking from you....sing along everyone ) I'll be humming that song all day now. Chasing that little sweetheart around is probably burning a few calories too.

Sue, so glad to see your posts. I was worried about you with all that flooding and that dam that had a big crack in it. Glad you have Connect to keep you company. Keep hanging in there, this snow and rain won't last and you'll be able to get out to meetings and exercise more. We have 12 inches of snow predicted for Friday............blahhhh! But 60 degrees today - so weird for Minnesota, but I'll take advantage and walk my sidewalk trail for 10 minutes today.

If the WW pasta is not very filling try the Atkins pasta. I find that I can't finish it, it really fills me up quickly. It is usually 0-1 point per serving and even though the serving is only 1/2 cup it really fills me up, not like regular pasta where you want to have another scoop. Amazing stuff. I usually have to order it online as my stores don't carry it. I just looked, it is a wheat product....

Sue....what is your eating disorder if I may ask? (bingeing, anorexia, purging...other). I have experienced anorexia but only during a few times of extreme depression and anxiety. Had to start forcing myself to eat again then it corrected after a couple weeks. I don't have the "total" anorexia situation....obviously!!

Have a good and legal day gals!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #147
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I have tried the konjak pasta and it's fine, not as filling as regular pasta though. I have the WW 0 point lasagna noodles I got from online but haven't tried them yet. I got them bc they're the only lasagna konjac noodles I've seen and I was ordering a tea thermos anyway so added them to the order. Ive gotten shirataki noodles from the grocery store and they are especially good in soups.

I'm jealous of your 75°. This has been a tough winter here. We got snow overnite but it's not daylight yet so can't see how deep it is. You will be at your next 5 lb goal in no time. That is encouraging to me. This 5 lbs I'm working on now has been the toughest 5 lbs of my journey so far. March 20 is my one year WW anniversary. I'm trying to make a few more changes to step things up.

I have looked into simply filling and looked at the food list. For me, I can have a tendency to overeat on almost anything so portion control is a big issue for me and I have to be careful not to trigger my eating disorder. I may try SF at some point closer to goal if I need to change things up. I know it's the answer for quite a few people and I'm delighted you are doing so well on it.

Sue
We are all so wonderfully and differently made. We each have to find what works for us. You are doing great and I am very proud of you.
The weather is very different here this year but I am loving it

I eat quite a bit on SF but it seems I still loose. I try not to over eat though as there are still calories even if I don't have to count them, My body does

You are doing fine and you will continue to do fine because you know how to work it out
Quote:
I have good news and bad news to share today....

Bad news. I had such a good WW points week then last night my husband needed cookies baked to take to work for an office party. I ate cookie batter and 4 baked cookies. I don't even know how to count those points so I estimated how many actual cookies and gave them 4 points each. Girls....its 50 points or something close to that for yesterdays tally............. Cookies are my all time weakness as you can probably tell.

As I was eating those cookies my brain kept saying "You have a weigh-in in the morning" and I still kept shoving those things in my mouth. I estimate a total of 7 cookies (28+ points)!!! I finally stopped eating them but I have to admit that it was a very pleasant food vacation. Cookies are out the door now so I'm safe again.

So this morning I had my WI and I am down 5-6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is my good news!!! Now, I absolutely know that the drop is because of being good all week and that the cookie binge might catch up with me but I have not seen 167 or 168 on my scale for well over 4 years. I did not weigh last Wednesday so it is possible that I was already down a couple pounds because I've been trying since the new year started but was not being very committed. When I started last week I really got committed but did not weigh for fear of seeing a number that would totally put me into a depression that would send me running to the pantry. Honestly I was scared to step on that scale this morning for the same reason but I decided I had to face the raw hard facts.

Whew......I feel so much better. I'm going to use 168 as my new weight. I saw 167 and 168. I don't have a digital scale so I do that whole thing of getting on and off the scale several times. It kept coming up 167 and 168, never above 168 so I'll use 168 for this weeks number. Honestly I don't feel lighter. My clothes still feel tight (actually a top I wore yesterday felt better) so I have to trust the number on the scale.

And my big fat lesson is that sticking to the plan really does pay off so my plan for this next week is to try to follow last weeks menu again. I know having this group/board is helping me be more accountable and encouraged. I thank you all for that!!

Karen
I understand completely. A pie could sit on the counter for a week and wouldn't bother me. But put out a cake or cookies and I'm a goner.They do not come into this house. But actually I do have some Murray's shortbread sugar free cookies and they are only 1 pt per cookie. And very tasty I might add
On that loss wonderful KUTGW.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #148
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Down 2.4 this week and I hit 35 lbs total loss today so we celebrated that in my meeting. I have to keep up with my girls Berta and Karen. Woohoo.

Karen, I've been treated for BED, Binge Eating Disorder. I call what happened with your cookies a snackcident. I'm with Berta-can't have them in the house. If I want one, I go out and buy just one.

This weather has been a wild card this year. A foot of snow Karen, yikes. I'm grateful I was able to get out today.

The Atkins pasta is good. I use dreamfields also.

Ok, well lets all keep up the momentum ladies
Old 02-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #149
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Sue! 35 pounds gone, what a tremendous accomplishment. I hope in about 5 months that I can be reporting the same. So what triggers your BED? Foods, emotions, seasons...... ????? Do you have it under control or is it still a problem? How can we help (if any)?

I like your word, snacksident. That is definitely what happened. My husband works in an office and I was crowned the "best cookie baker" a few years ago, the group literally sent a star home with their names on it thanking me for "real" cookies because everyone else just brings in store bought cookies so when they have a holiday, retirement, birthday etc I always bake homemade cookies. It is such a temptation.

I'm finishing at the top of my points today. I had a bunch of errands to run in town so I stopped at McDonalds for a Cheeseburger and small fries, then because I was not home to fix a healthy supper I threw some breaded fish in the oven and we cleaned up dibs and dabs of leftovers in the fridge. 10 point supper took me right up to 27 points, no weight loss today I fear. However, I should be home the next 4 days and plan to hit the veggie plate hard.

I don't know what is going to happen with this snow coming in. It looks like we are right on the line. Our weather people have shown 4 scenarios all of which range from 2 inches to 14 inches of snow and ice on Friday. We are on a winter storm watch starting tomorrow night that might move to a winter storm warning. I bought my veggies today so let it come .
Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #150
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Down 2.4 this week and I hit 35 lbs total loss today so we celebrated that in my meeting. I have to keep up with my girls Berta and Karen. Woohoo.

Karen, I've been treated for BED, Binge Eating Disorder. I call what happened with your cookies a snackcident. I'm with Berta-can't have them in the house. If I want one, I go out and buy just one.

This weather has been a wild card this year. A foot of snow Karen, yikes. I'm grateful I was able to get out today.

The Atkins pasta is good. I use dreamfields also.

Ok, well lets all keep up the momentum ladies

SO proud of you grilfriend