Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #151
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Down 2.4 this week and I hit 35 lbs total loss today so we celebrated that in my meeting. I have to keep up with my girls Berta and Karen. Woohoo.

Karen, I've been treated for BED, Binge Eating Disorder. I call what happened with your cookies a snackcident. I'm with Berta-can't have them in the house. If I want one, I go out and buy just one.

This weather has been a wild card this year. A foot of snow Karen, yikes. I'm grateful I was able to get out today.

The Atkins pasta is good. I use dreamfields also.

Ok, well lets all keep up the momentum ladies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Way to go Sue! 35 pounds gone, what a tremendous accomplishment. I hope in about 5 months that I can be reporting the same. So what triggers your BED? Foods, emotions, seasons...... ????? Do you have it under control or is it still a problem? How can we help (if any)?

I like your word, snacksident. That is definitely what happened. My husband works in an office and I was crowned the "best cookie baker" a few years ago, the group literally sent a star home with their names on it thanking me for "real" cookies because everyone else just brings in store bought cookies so when they have a holiday, retirement, birthday etc I always bake homemade cookies. It is such a temptation.

I'm finishing at the top of my points today. I had a bunch of errands to run in town so I stopped at McDonalds for a Cheeseburger and small fries, then because I was not home to fix a healthy supper I threw some breaded fish in the oven and we cleaned up dibs and dabs of leftovers in the fridge. 10 point supper took me right up to 27 points, no weight loss today I fear. However, I should be home the next 4 days and plan to hit the veggie plate hard.

I don't know what is going to happen with this snow coming in. It looks like we are right on the line. Our weather people have shown 4 scenarios all of which range from 2 inches to 14 inches of snow and ice on Friday. We are on a winter storm watch starting tomorrow night that might move to a winter storm warning. I bought my veggies today so let it come .
Karen
I had ask several posts ago what plan are you on? You may have told us but I don't remember

Man that's a lot of snow YIKES. Keep warm and make some soup.

I will no be here after Friday until next week. Going out of town to visit my daughter and grandson. So looking forward to it.

So hang in there I have a a bit over 40 gone and Sue is right behind me. You will make it too.
I have a saying I like." with your hand in my hand together we can make it"

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #152
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Thanks ladies. That last 5 lbs was work. Phew. Yes, Berta, I'm right behind you Hoping to catch up and hit 40 by my one year anniversary next month.

Berta, have a great trip. Be safe and I'm looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #153
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Berta...have a nice trip!!

My WW plan is the Points Plus plan. I did it about 15 or so years ago and really liked it aaaaaaaaaaand, I'm liking it again.

Yep, I have my soup stocked in. I really like those canned Progresso soups. I can have a whole can for 4 points and it is a lot of soup. I'll need it with this blizzard that is rolling in and it is back down in the 30 degree range for temperatures. My husband's boss told him to not come in to work tomorrow if it is too bad. Snow day with the husband.....nice, he can do the shoveling.

Yes, we can all make it hand in hand....I like your saying.

I'm at the top of my points today (26...but still legal). I'm going to clean 3 stocks of celery, put my jammies on, curl up with my current novel (Westward Hearts by Melody Carlson) and tuck myself in for the night.

See you tomorrow (if my power doesn't go out with this blizzard)
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #154
Berta48
Berta48

Good Mornings Buds

Well last night was a real trip. It was dark and I went to the bathroom and came back and tripped over the metal stand and threw out my back and ribs
So now i have to take the time to go to my chiropractor before leaving this afternoon. But it could have been a lot worse.

It sounds like we are all on a good roll. I hope we all can stay that way

We will be eating at Longhorn Steak House. I will be looking up their menu this afternoon before I leave so I can decide on what to order. I have my suitcase packed and medicine,my fruit,bread, salad dressing and my margarine all ready to go So I feel I am prepared.

Karen,

I usually make my own soup since I am on simply Filling .
I was going to stay on PP but since I have diabetes 2, I decided it was healthier for me to stay away from sugars and most carbs. So that is what I am doing. I really am enjoying it.

Sue
You are doing great and I am so happy you are.It is a battle each and every minute of the day.But we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus.
You are dong a lot better than I am actually, as I started three years ago. Not on WW but trying to loose. I started at 275.8

I don't know if I have shared this with you already or not, BUT I was in my kitchen eating a bag of chips. When the Holy Spirit spoke to me (in my heart or mind) and said " Why do you let food rule you and not me??) So from that time on I have been trying to be in control on my eating and to lose weight.

t his Christ who gives me the strength to keep on going utnil I reach my final goal

Last edited by Berta48; 02-24-2017 at 08:34 AM..
Old 02-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #155
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon friends. Karen, I have progresso and other low point soups stocked also for the same reason so I always have something easy to fix if I can't get out to the store. So glad you're liking points plus.

Berta, I can't believe that. Hope your chiropractor helped you so you can enjoy your trip. You did a wonderful job of prepping food and I like to look up menus ahead of time also. Hope all goes well for you.

I found a nice 3 point snack at Safeway-Dole dippers. They are chocolate covered frozen strawberries in individual 3 point packages.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 PM   #156
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Oh my gosh....it has been a couple days since I posted and I have been a naughty girl, not counting my points like I should. We got 14 inches of snow on Friday and Saturday. All I wanted was hot chocolate and comfort food. Plus the husband was home and wanted pizza...the real stuff, not a fake diet pizza, so I had pizza, and well, things sort of went down hill from there. Had a library committee meeting Saturday afternoon and one of the ladies brought donuts....yep, had one. I don't have a clue what to write for those points.

So here I sit with a heaping plate of zero and 1 point vegetables with a slight covering of cheddar cheese for my supper and am catching up with you all. Actually, today hasn't been that bad for eating but I have not recorded so I'm not sure what the points are. So in the morning I'll get back on the "counting train" and see if I can't get this train back on the track.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....and I was doing so well.

Berta.....nasty "trip". I hope it didn't ruin your real trip. Not fun to have a back bothering you when you are traveling and sleeping on motel (or friends) beds. I don't know how you eat out and stay on track. I hate eating out, hardly ever do it. I know I'm the odd duck but I hate the prices, not knowing what is in the food, can't count the calories (points), and they always serve enough on a plate for a family which makes me feel like I should eat it all to not waste money or food. Yes, I bring the left overs home but often they get thrown out because we were doing other things and they were not in refrigeration. I would be sunk if I ate out every week, but happy you can manage it.

Good that you are tuned to the Holy Spirit. I'm reading a really good book right now called Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger by Ronald J. Sider. I feel like I could have written this book. It is like seeing my personal Christian philosophy within the binding of a book. I hope you can find it at your library. I think you'll find it interesting reading. I'm personally challenging myself to eat my Musili recipe at least once daily for a meal for better health and to remember that 2/3 of the world have nothing except that (or less) each day to eat. We are so blessed in this country.

Sue...don't you love finding a good legal low point treat?
Old 02-27-2017, 06:15 AM   #157
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Karen, I pretty much feel the same way about eating out anymore. I find the food often too salty and full of added fats. There are points listed by restaurant on the ww app otherwise I pull up similar items and just make my best guess, going with the middle range of similar foods. Sometimes I deconstruct a meal into its ingredients and figure it out that way. Interestingly enough it oftentimes ends up that I've eaten less points than I thought when I actually track a splurge and that makes me feel better to know. Some days go that way and it's all a learning experience is how I look at it and I try to come up with a better plan for next time.

I make one point hot chocolate pretty often during the winter. I get Dagoba unsweetened powder which is my favorite because it's so smooth tasting and rich. I either order online or I've found it at Target and some grocery stores also. One T is 0 points and I use unsweetened almond milk for 1 point for a cup and add Walden Farms creamer, 0 points. Then top with either 2 T fat free reddiwip for 0 points or 4 mini marshmallows, also 0 points. If I want more topping, the points are low anyway.

There are flatout pizza crusts that you might want to check out for homemade pizza that's not too bad. The crusts are 3 points each and you can add whatever toppings you want. I use Kraft fat free cheese-0 points for 1/4 cup but you could use any cheese and the pizza sauce is low in points. I like olives and I'm surprised how low they are in points. 4 of my large martini olives are 0 points! It helps to have a few low point tricks up my sleeve. And since the flatout crusts are individual, everyone can make their own pizza with higher point choices if they want. Mini turkey pepperonis are another low point topping I use on mine sometimes.

The Ronald Sider book sounds interesting. I'll look it up.

We're getting snow now, nothing like your 14 inches though. I seem to want warm foods for comfort during cold weather and storms so I try and have lots of tea to fill the comfort gap. We watched the Oscars last nite and I had some skinny girl popcorn and diet rite cola for my snack for just a few points. I ended up the day with a few points left even after eating well all day. I love days like that

It's Monday again already so here we go finishing up February. Have a good one all.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #158
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Girls
I'm home!! And what a great time we had. So nice.
Friday evening we ate at Texas Roadhouse. I had a grilled Sirloin, baked potato (no sour cream) took my own margarine and a salad (took my own dressing.) They ordered an appetizer it was a huge onion looked like a flower. I ate about 1/8 of it.It was really really good.

Sat. went to a chili cook off. Daughter didn't win.But I honestly thought hers tasted the best.Yes I ate some But on SF I can have beans and lean beef.(no count)

Then Sat evening we ate at a Sushi Bar I can't stand raw fish so I had two salads with a ginger dressing and it was REALLY good. The dressing was real high in points when I put it in my tracker,but I had the points to use. I did taste my daughters sushi and it was not as bad as some things I have tasted. It was scallops. So maybe I will tr it some day for myself.

Sunday was ate breakfast at a little diner. I ordered poached eggs and ham. Had rye toast, hash browns and we split a small order of biscuits and gravy.
I weighed this am and looks as if I have lost some. So that was a reall BIG surprise to me.

But tonight's weigh in will be the true verdict. If I gain I honestly don't care because it was so worth it.

We have been working on our daughter mother relationship for the past four or five years. For some reason my daughter had a lot of issues with me.I honestly don't know why. But Mostly I think because she isn't living for the Lord. She believes in God but so does the devil
Anyway we had a really nice time together.

I have this cup that coast me 20.00 but it keeps things hot or cold for 4 hours and doesn't spill when knocked over.I really like it. I was telling her about it and was showing her how it didn't spill. Well low and behold, I had forgotten to tighten the lid and spilled coffee all over her sofa. I thought oh great now comes the fight. But she laughed so hard and then I did too. So at least we made a funny memory together

I haven't been getting the notification when one of you post here. So I din't think anyone had been posting since I left. So I went into my settings and tried fixing it again to instant notifications. So I will see if it works this time.

Sorry about all the snow you girls are getting.We are having nice weather and that is strange. It's usually pretty cold here this time of yer. I went for a short walk yesterday with the little one. It was nice out.

Karen
we all go off once in awhile ( I sure did this past week) But it's if we get right back at it that matters. Otherwise we will end up just giving up. Actually after charting everything I was like 15 points over my weeklies

Sue
I have tried Walden Farms items and threw all of them away. I am making some Ham & Potato soup today. It is a no count on SF it is really quite tasty.It has cauliflower,celery, onions and potatoes, ff broth and water in it. You cook till potatoes are tender then blend part of it in blender and add it back in.That makes it thick and so runny. I am hoping hubby likes it cause that's our supper tonight.

Well I need to get down to my sewing room. I have three orders for my doll blankets and need to get them started.Take care girls and I will let you know how my weigh in goes this evening

Last edited by Berta48; 02-28-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #159
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sue....good post above.

I have a 2 point hot chocolate that I like. I use 1 1/2 tsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa powder, 1 tsp sugar, 2/3 cup water, and 1/2 cup 2% cows milk. Put in a small saucepan, warm and serve. I actually have little cups with lids that I found at the dollar store that I measure the cocoa and sugar into to make a bunch of single servings then when I want hot chocolate I pour the powder in the pan and add the liquids. It's like having my own little Swiss Mix packets ready to go (most prepared hot chocolate mixes give me headaches...probably some preservative in them).

I'll look up your Dagoba....thanks!

So yesterday was a good day of point counting. I ended at the top of my points but still legal. I find that my points are higher on days when I'm busier and can't be around the stove to do veggie plates. Those veggie plates really fill me up, lower my points, and keep me satisfied. What I do is to put about 3 cups of mixed zero and one point veggies in a steamer basket (I use frozen this time of year) and steam them for a few minutes until hot but not limp. I use cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans, about a 1/4 cup of corn, and 1/4 cup of edamame - or what ever I have on hand of those veggies. When steamed I put on a plate, sprinkle with a little salt and about an ounce of cheddar or Parmesan cheese. The whole plate is 3-4 points. If I have it twice in a day I can really get my points down for the day. The smasher is that you sort of have to be close to a stove, you could microwave but I try to avoid that as much as possible.

I'm home today so planning on a lower point day with my veggie plates. Everyone have a delightful day.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #160
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

ooohhhh, Berta those blooming onions are soooooo delicious!!!! and loaded with grease. They bread and deep fry those things. If it was in front of me I would eat half of it so good for you to keep it to 1/8th. My mouth is watering just thinking about that beauty!

Sushi....no temptation for me either. Not into raw fish at all.

Ah, I hear you about the mother daughter relationship thing. I have issues with my daughter too, or rather she has issues with me, and for the same reasons. She thinks I'm too legalistic about drinking, sexy parties, marrying the unsaved and those kinds of things. Finally had to state my case a few years ago, draw a line in the sand and told her that she's an adult and can live her values but I have to live mine too and mine are based on standing before the Lord one day and giving an account and I don't think He would be pleased if I went against His word just to please the current ideas of this world. Again, like your daughter, claiming Christ but still swinging with the world on some issues. My personal feeling about that is that so many churches, hers included, have this total grace philosophy where they feel that because they have accepted Christ that ALL is forgiven for all time to be. Hummmm, not what my bible says. I feel that total grace philosophy is a demonic spirit of deception. Our hearts should desire putting away of the old spirit and obeying God's word. So many want God's grace but don't want to truly convert to a new life in Christ which requires a change in the way we live.

I also think this philosophy is encouraged by reading and listening to too much Christian programming and not reading their bibles. We've become a lazy Christian society, always wanting to be spoon fed God's word, and in not reading it for ourselves it is easy to hear messages that are not quite on target. If we read God's word straight through the books (Matthew, Kings, James, Genesis etc.) God's word speaks to us in the content it was intended when we read it in its entirety. I always say we wouldn't read a letter from a friend or family member one line at a time, jumping all around and never finishing it so why do we think in the church that is is acceptable to pick out a few verses and form philosophies around it. No, reading straight through tells the story/message in truth with all the ideas in perfect order. Anyway...just my two cents (or dollar and a half ) on that subject. All we can do it pray that they will desire Gods word enough to pick up their bibles, read them, and change their hearts. I do think they live in a world with much more deviations than we grew up in so making that split is probably harder than we had it but still, they are either in Christ or they aren't....it's still a narrow road.

Wow, I'm impressed that you are tecky enough to figure out how to set all those settings. I just save the thread in my favorites and follow the last posts.

Have a good day and I'm glad you had a good trip and you didn't mention your back so it must have got to feeling better. So happy for you for that.

Happy point counting. and I hope your evening weigh-in is as good as your morning.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #161
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Ahhhh, I'm sitting here like a little stuffed pigeon. I had two veggie plates today and my total points came to 21. I am sooooooooooo happy!!! And soooooooooooooo stuffed. I know I won't be looking for any more snacks for the night. Yeahhhhhhhhh, 21 points!!!!

So here's what I did today: my usual evolv shake (2), veggie plate w/cheese (4), carrot muffin (3), banana (2), musili (4), veggie plate w/cheese (4) 1/2 of a corn muffin (2) = 21....burp!

I have a meeting in the morning and shopping in the afternoon so I won't have a veggie plate day tomorrow....darn. But on my days at home I'm going to try to repeat today's menu as often as possible.

I'm going to go take my little stuffed self to the sofa and read my book.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #162
Berta48
Berta48

Well I had a .4 loss so after the eats I indulged in I am very happy. 233.6 tonight, last week 234.

I got to thinking I had half of a half order of biscuits & gravy and a bag of popcorn too And still lost. Whoot Whoot

Karen, I would starve if didn't eat any more than you do. I know I really need to eat more veggies. I like them just don't eat them much.

I am going to try hard this week to get some more in though

Sounds like you are right back on track and that is what we have to do.Fall off he wagon, get right back on

I went to my Chiropractor before leaving town Friday and he put everything back in place. MY back and ribs and tail bone were all out. He said my muscles would be sore for a few days and they sure are.But I am so much better

Last edited by Berta48; 02-28-2017 at 08:28 PM..
Old 03-01-2017, 04:39 AM   #163
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta and Karen. Welcome back Berta. Congrats on your loss. You're killing it. Yay! You made such good choices to stick with the plan but still be satisfied and have what you like in moderation. And you even are getting walks in now totally making this lifestyle your own

Karen the veg plates sound great. You're right-that's the way to be a volume eater and stay within points. Your hot chocolate mix and work arounds like that all add up to success.

Today is weigh-in day for me. I have weeklies left still so should be fine. Often after a good loss, I may see the scale fluctuate up the next week so I'm prepared to not be disappointed if that happens today.

I have a potluck tomoro with a St Patrick's theme, so I'm planning to take a pistachio whip fruit salad. To make it point friendly, I'm going out looking for sugar free pudding mix and cool whip free and low sugar mixed fruit. There's going to be corned beef and cabbage so I will have a little. Usually too salty for me though. Glad it's after weigh-in day
Old 03-01-2017, 04:29 PM   #164
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hi Berta and Karen. Welcome back Berta. Congrats on your loss. You're killing it. Yay! You made such good choices to stick with the plan but still be satisfied and have what you like in moderation. And you even are getting walks in now totally making this lifestyle your own

Karen the veg plates sound great. You're right-that's the way to be a volume eater and stay within points. Your hot chocolate mix and work arounds like that all add up to success.

Today is weigh-in day for me. I have weeklies left still so should be fine. Often after a good loss, I may see the scale fluctuate up the next week so I'm prepared to not be disappointed if that happens today.

I have a potluck tomorrow with a St Patrick's theme, so I'm planning to take a pistachio whip fruit salad. To make it point friendly, I'm going out looking for sugar free pudding mix and cool whip free and low sugar mixed fruit. There's going to be corned beef and cabbage so I will have a little. Usually too salty for me though. Glad it's after weigh-in day
Sue
Praying for a good loss for you tonight.I am sure you will have.

It seems we are all doing great. Of course we will have our days but if we keep doing good most of the time we are going to be slim by the end of the year.

That sounds strange to me as I have never been slim.I was always the fat kid I just want to get to the point where I am happy with myself when I look into the mirror.

You mentioning St. Patrick's Day... I keep looking at our HyVee store for a Purple Shamrock Plant. I like those a lot, but seems I always kill them. But I am going to give it one more try as soon as they get them in.
Well it's time for church youth meeting so need to go. But will be back tomorrow sometime.

Last edited by Berta48; 03-01-2017 at 04:33 PM..
Old 03-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #165
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I know what you mean about being slim. It's a shift of self image to see ourselves that way. We talked about that in our meeting actually. My weight stayed exactly the same but that's my pattern so I should have a good weigh-in next week. My points were good for the week, had a lot of weeklies I didn't use so it will catch up with me

I am going to look for that purple shamrock plant. I've never noticed them b4. Sounds fun. I love HyVee. We don't have them here but I shop there in Omaha when visiting my sister. Hope you had a good youth meeting. That is so great you are involved with that.

2017 is our year! I'm envisioning us slim as we work our way there. So glad to be making this journey together with you my friend.

Karen, a shout out to you, friend, also
Old 03-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #166
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I know what you mean about being slim. It's a shift of self image to see ourselves that way. We talked about that in our meeting actually. My weight stayed exactly the same but that's my pattern so I should have a good weigh-in next week. My points were good for the week, had a lot of weeklies I didn't use so it will catch up with me

I am going to look for that purple shamrock plant. I've never noticed them b4. Sounds fun. I love HyVee. We don't have them here but I shop there in Omaha when visiting my sister. Hope you had a good youth meeting. That is so great you are involved with that.

2017 is our year! I'm envisioning us slim as we work our way there. So glad to be making this journey together with you my friend.

Karen, a shout out to you, friend, also
SUE
That's what I am afraid of.I should have gained or at least stayed the same.SO I may gain this week? My body lags behind sometimes too.

I haven't used any of my weeklies yet and am really trying not to. We are eating out tomorrow night at a new Italian Place, but the have grilled items too.So I will be taking my own dressing and margarine. So I will use a few points there but not much.

Yes I am praying we will be slim the end of the year.

We are going on vacation for 2 weeks in Aug and I want to be down as we haven't seen our family for over five years that live in Alabama .Then we will be going to Tenn to visit my sister for a sew days too.

We haven't had a real vacation for several years. So I am looking forward to it yet not too.IF you know what I mean.

I am happy to be doing this with you and Karen too!!!!

Old 03-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #167
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies. Good morning. Snow day here. And it's still falling. I decided to not go out in it to church today Just as well, those Sunday after church donuts sound tempting today haha. I've been in a sort of snacky mood the last 2 days. I tried the new weight watcher noodles yesterday to keep points low and they were good for a pasta substitute. I had Classico light Alfredo with them and some sliced kalamata olives. And I had shrimp cocktail for one of my snacks.

I got into the Dole dippers sort of heavy yesterday so can't be keeping those around anymore, even if low points If I'm wanting chocolate, I decided it's better to have hot chocolate or one of my protein shakes. I've used my fitpoints but have almost all of my weeklies still left. So on it goes.

Friday night, I went to a seminar and there was a big table of cookies and snacks. I picked out a shortbread cookie and had a small taste and threw the rest in the trash so I'm glad to see changes in me like this taking place
Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #168
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, hope you liked the Italian restaurant. Where in Tn does your sister live? I've been to Memphis a lot when my son lived there. Did you grow up in the south? My Dad spent winters in Gulf Shores, Alabama to get away from Minnesota until Spring

Like you, I'm also hoping to get a good deal more weight off before visiting family this summer. And I've got a class reunion to go to as well.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #169
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, hope you liked the Italian restaurant. Where in Tn does your sister live? I've been to Memphis a lot when my son lived there. Did you grow up in the south? My Dad spent winters in Gulf Shores, Alabama to get away from Minnesota until Spring

Like you, I'm also hoping to get a good deal more weight off before visiting family this summer. And I've got a class reunion to go to as well.
Hello Sue
My sister lives in Goodletsville TN. I was raised in Illinois.

The Italian restaurant was really good. I ate a salad and ziti with marinara sauce, ricotta and mozzarella it was very good. I tried looking it up and it had 9 pts. so I don't know for certain,as I don't know what the WW site had included in the 9 pts?

I have done that before spitting something out.So good for you.

I went to get our lunch out of the oven today and had forgotten to push the start button so now here I am hungry as the dickens and waiting for our pork chops to bake

I have been eating a lot lately and seem hungry a lot.I may go back to counting points next week but will see when I get there and weigh in.

I have never been to one of our class reunions. I could care less. They never wanted anything to do with me then so why now? Most of my friends were outside of our school anyway. I was the fat kid that they made fun of and my last name was Carr so that was a big joke to them too. I realize we were just kids and kids can be cruel. But it still sticks with a person.

Last edited by Berta48; 03-05-2017 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #170
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, so sorry to hear you were bullied in school. I guess I'm just very fortunate. I never was bullied. I was overweight but there was just a lot of kindness at the Catholic school I went to. I am still in touch with a lot of the same people from grade school all these years later. When I think about it, that's pretty amazing and I'm grateful about that.

I will have to look up Goodletsville. Haven't heard of that town. I've done the same as you with the oven and that's aggravating. I think maybe it being winter is the reason for more of an appetite. I try and have more hot drinks to keep my eating down but it's an effort. I just go to bed early or try and do something to get my mind off being hungry.

Come on Spring!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #171
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my life gets so complicated sometimes. Sorry I've been gone about 5 days. Crazy around here. I bet your lives get that way too.

And when my life gets crazy I do terrible with tracking points so smack my backside, pick me up from the dust and get me back on the horse today.

I didn't eat like a crazy person on my 5 day crazy life but I was not on target with my WW points so today I've had a lovely NORMAL day and am reporting in with 25 legal points.............yeahhhhh!!!!

I didn't do a weigh-in last Wednesday because I knew if that needle on the scale moved up it would send me right to the candy bar counter so I just left the scale on the shelf. This week's schedule looks normal (so far) so baring any disasters I should be able to track a legal week.

Berta....I grew up in Indiana.....hi ya neighbor. And I'm soooo sorry that you were teased as a kid. That is not cool. I hope you are able to erase that record (we are old enough to talk about vinyl and understand the term...ha ha). God doesn't make junk and fat or slim we're all worthy humans. Sue, I'm so glad that was not your experience.

Berta...congrats on your loss last week and Sue I understand about the every other week successful weigh-ins. W just have to take our wins where we can get them don't we? This week will be your week.

Berta...I think the difference in our point comfort level is because I weigh less (I mean that kindly). If you look in your WW book as a person's weight is lower you get less points because your body actually requires less food (unless you are a long distance runner or something that burns thousands of cals per day). I'm very comfortable at the 24-27 point level and some days if I choose my foods correctly I can get down there around 22 points and am perfectly content. You'll see, when you get more weight off you will be more content with less points.

Sue....good for you for throwing that cookie in the trash! Yah, down with cookies

Good day today...........big ol' veggie plate and a little piece of fish for supper. Tummy fullllllllllll!!!!

Sorry for being gone so long. Thanks for not giving up on me.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #172
Berta48
Berta48

HI Sue & Karen
Well I gained .8 this week.But I think it was from my trip to my daughters as I lost and should have gained.Seems body catches up when I do that and loose and shouldn't have.

I wasn't bullied per say at school just made fun of. But it's okay . I know we were just kids and it's all water under bridge.

I thought I had my notification set to instant when one of you posted but it didn't show up again.So I went and fixed I hope.

Take care it's been a long day and I am really tired.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #173
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. Karen, hope things have settled down for you. Berta, you also. Hope you got some good rest. I skipped my wed meeting and am going sat. My at home scale shows I would probably be up at weigh in and I just couldn't deal with that. I had 30 weeklies still left and did 3 hour long workouts with my trainer and I am sort of at a loss as to why I'm not getting better results. I went back to look at my results the past year and here's what I found:

Results by month
March -4.2
April -4.2
May -9.8
June -4.4
July -7.2
August +4.2
September -4.0
October -4.6
November +4.2
December -4.0

January -4.0
February -1.2
Old 03-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #174
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Since last post was long, I will finish here. My game plan for this week is to have more salads and more simple protein snacks. I had a can of kippered fish yesterday for snack-4 sp's. I had some mini saltines also but I am going to try and do things differently until I start seeing the results I want. I obviously don't have this lifestyle thing down yet as much as I may have thought

I'm going for very clean, healthy eating this week is my commitment friends. And I'll see what results that will yield. I have to be careful to not feel deprived and suffer a backlash from that so I'm going to go back to my Arctic Zero low point frozen treat for desserts. I've lost well in the past with this and PB2 for a topping. And also GramZero jello I get from netrition.

So wish me luck. I feel like I just really need to see that scale move more. It seems like I'm working this program hard like a full time job. And I don't want to take forever getting to a place of being able to transition to working on maintaining.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #175
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Awww, Berta, so sorry about the gain. Glad you had a nice trip though.

Sue, I'm impressed with your overall loss. I know it is discouraging to work so hard and only see a pound loss for a month. I wonder if you are just stuck at a Plato (sp). I wonder if things will be better once it warms up and you can get outside in the sunshine. I've had days when it has been so cold and all I want to do is eat something warm. I wish i could report that I had that steady loss over all those months. Here's a high-five to you for all your hard work.

I'm not sticking to my points very well. I'm not pigging out but I just can't seem to get totally with it. I still had a bunch of meetings this week (and I thought it was going to be an easier week but it didn't work out that way after all) so it seems like when I get busy I don't do as well. Today I had two meetings and shopping....I totally blew through my points and just kept chewing. So hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm not discouraged, just ready for some normal days so I can concentrate on the plan. I seem to have to concentrate on the plan to actually get it accomplished.

Goodnight!!
Old 03-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #176
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Sue, as I posted that last one I looked at your numbers again....I bet you are losing slowly because of the winter. Your numbers were really good all those months last year in spring, summer, and fall. I think things will start to perk up for you....don't get discouraged.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #177
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Awww, Berta, so sorry about the gain. Glad you had a nice trip though.

Sue, I'm impressed with your overall loss. I know it is discouraging to work so hard and only see a pound loss for a month. I wonder if you are just stuck at a Plato (sp). I wonder if things will be better once it warms up and you can get outside in the sunshine. I've had days when it has been so cold and all I want to do is eat something warm. I wish i could report that I had that steady loss over all those months. Here's a high-five to you for all your hard work.

I'm not sticking to my points very well. I'm not pigging out but I just can't seem to get totally with it. I still had a bunch of meetings this week (and I thought it was going to be an easier week but it didn't work out that way after all) so it seems like when I get busy I don't do as well. Today I had two meetings and shopping....I totally blew through my points and just kept chewing. So hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm not discouraged, just ready for some normal days so I can concentrate on the plan. I seem to have to concentrate on the plan to actually get it accomplished.

Goodnight!!
Karen
I'm not worried about a .8 gain. It will come off. I can't do this journey without a gain once in awhile I know it was from my trip to my daughters.
SO far this week I have used 10 of my weeklies but it was from salad dressing and crackers with a salad, and from something else I don't remember without looking at my food log.

We are eating out again tonight so hopefully they will have something I can eat.

Quote:
Since last post was long, I will finish here. My game plan for this week is to have more salads and more simple protein snacks. I had a can of kippered fish yesterday for snack-4 sp's. I had some mini saltines also but I am going to try and do things differently until I start seeing the results I want. I obviously don't have this lifestyle thing down yet as much as I may have thought

I'm going for very clean, healthy eating this week is my commitment friends. And I'll see what results that will yield. I have to be careful to not feel deprived and suffer a backlash from that so I'm going to go back to my Arctic Zero low point frozen treat for desserts. I've lost well in the past with this and PB2 for a topping. And also GramZero jello I get from netrition.

So wish me luck. I feel like I just really need to see that scale move more. It seems like I'm working this program hard like a full time job. And I don't want to take forever getting to a place of being able to transition to working on maintaining.
Sue
It seems to me you are doing great. You lost all month every week but two. I was gaining every other week before starting SF and just getting nowhere.
I am hoping to get my self figured soon I really want to loose before August.

Well I hope we ALL have a good rest of the week and a good weigh in on our weigh in days.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #178
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Karen and Berta, thanks for the encouragement. I'm just hanging in here doing what has worked in the past and tweaking what I can to tighten up on eating healthy. Karen, it well could be less activity. I've been trying to increase the intensity of my workouts and get more steps in. I had a lot of errands to do today so I got out for the first time in about a week.

My trainer connected a correlation with a stressful August from family in that month I gained. So I am going to be on guard when feeling stressed.

Karen, I notice on Connect that a lot of people are big on doing meal and snack prep ahead of time to have food handy when they are hungry and have had a long day. I keep a bag of ww pretzels in my car and that helps tide me over when I'm hungry.

Well ladies, the journey continues
Old 03-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #179
Berta48
Berta48

Hi girls
Well went out to eat and I had a salad. I took my own dressing and club multigrain crackers. It had ham and grilled chicken one egg. But I don't have to count any of those. It was really good too. I couldn't eat all of it.

SO We will see. We will be eating here at home the rest of the week so no problem.
I probably won't be on here again until Monday.
So have a great week-end

Old 03-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #180
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

-2.2 today. Good eating eventually catches up with me

Last edited by RW City Sue; 03-11-2017 at 08:23 AM..
RW City Sue is offline   Reply With Quote