Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #181
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
-2.2 today. Good eating eventually catches up with me

Berta48 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #182
Berta48
Berta48

Well it's quite in here again

But I weigh tonight and it isn't going to be good.
I have had a terrible time not eating this week for some unknown reason . I didn't track, didn't weigh, and didn't care,so now I have to face the music

But it's a new week week. So back to caring, back to tracking and weighing my food portions

I think I have gained like 3.4 lbs.But will see when I weigh
So later gang

Old 03-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #183
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Hope your news was better than expected Berta. I love it when points reset and we get a fresh start I weigh in tomoro am so we will see since I weighed in just 4 days ago but I'm ok with whatever the scale says because I know I've done well and still have weeklies left last week and this week. This week I even still have fitpoints left and all weeklies so far... My home scale has shown some fluctuations so I will just enjoy my meeting and take in the number as merely a data point.

Berta, I got a shamrock plant at Safeway. They didn't have the purple ones so mine is green. Thanks for telling me about these. I love non food ways to celebrate holidays I even found a couple cute shamrock tee shirts at Walmart and earrings so I'm all set for the wearing of the green.

I have a recipe for a point friendly Irish stew I have planned to make Thursday nite (the ingredients include a bottle of Guinness) and I have some cute shamrock shaped pasta I got at world market I plan on putting in it.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #184
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Hope your news was better than expected Berta. I love it when points reset and we get a fresh start I weigh in tomoro am so we will see since I weighed in just 4 days ago but I'm ok with whatever the scale says because I know I've done well and still have weeklies left last week and this week. This week I even still have fitpoints left and all weeklies so far... My home scale has shown some fluctuations so I will just enjoy my meeting and take in the number as merely a data point.

Berta, I got a shamrock plant at Safeway. They didn't have the purple ones so mine is green. Thanks for telling me about these. I love non food ways to celebrate holidays I even found a couple cute shamrock tee shirts at Walmart and earrings so I'm all set for the wearing of the green.

I have a recipe for a point friendly Irish stew I have planned to make Thursday night (the ingredients include a bottle of Guinness) and I have some cute shamrock shaped pasta I got at world market I plan on putting in it.
Hello Sue
Well it was a tad better. I gained 2.4
But not worried as I will do better this week. I am back to tracking weighing and measuring I am aggravated I had 42 lbs off not's only 39.4 AGAIN. No one to blame but myself. So all I can do is go on and do better.

You are really doing good Sue. I am hoping I can keep it up on SF as I like it a lot.But I was using it to overeat. So I have to STOP doing that.

This week my plan is to be sure I log everything and weigh and measure like I did before.

I like my Shamrock plant. But this is the fourth one I have had. I either under water them or over water them.But this one has instructions with it so hopefully I can make it grow and last. They do go dormant at times but they come right back after they have rested or whatever they do

I am glad you got one. Happy St Patricks day Friday

Last edited by Berta48; 03-14-2017 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-16-2017, 05:23 PM   #185
Berta48
Berta48

Well I decided to go back to the regular WW plan. Since I was tracking anyway.
I had let my eating get out of control on portions. So I knew I needed the discipline of weighing and measuring.
It wouldn't have been long and I would have been back to my old eating habits.

So a new week and new attitude

I can still have the potato,corn, & peas I just have to eat 1/2 cup and use the points. So when I get to craving them I will do so.

I was beginning to miss my grilled cheese sandwich anyway

I hope you had a good weigh in Sue.

I wonder where Karen is?? Seems we can't keep anyone here long.
I think of Rubee a lot too. But I am determined not to quit this time.It just isn't going to even be an option

Old 03-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #186
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubee
Stats: 160/155
WOE: WW Smart Points
Start Date: May 1, 2016
Hi! 😁 I'm glad to see you are still here, Sue and Berta. Hello to any new ladies too.

I have been doing well, doing a little of this plan, a little of that...haha....I think I told you that I was eating plant based, and have been. Then just recently added non fat greek yogurt, then egg whites. Then had another thought. I am eating almost like I did doing weight watchers. So I'm back and doing smart points. I eat lots of vegetables anyway, and at 0 pts, it seemed like a great time to come back.

I like counting...and like you said, Berta, I need the discipline.

...and best of all....I haven't gained weight. I can't seem to lose, just a lb every couple weeks...but I am only 5lbs from my goal of 145.

Expecting company over the weekend. My daughter. I'll be back though.
Rubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #187
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubee View Post
Hi! �� I'm glad to see you are still here, Sue and Berta. Hello to any new ladies too.

I have been doing well, doing a little of this plan, a little of that...haha....I think I told you that I was eating plant based, and have been. Then just recently added non fat greek yogurt, then egg whites. Then had another thought. I am eating almost like I did doing weight watchers. So I'm back and doing smart points. I eat lots of vegetables anyway, and at 0 pts, it seemed like a great time to come back.

I like counting...and like you said, Berta, I need the discipline.

...and best of all....I haven't gained weight. I can't seem to lose, just a lb every couple weeks...but I am only 5lbs from my goal of 145.

Expecting company over the weekend. My daughter. I'll be back though.
RUBEE

So happy you are back. Keep posting.
Good for you not gaining I'm still on WW and gain every so often. AND only 5 lbs from goal ? WOW.
I still have around 86 to go

Last edited by Berta48; 03-16-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Old 03-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #188
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Rubee!! Good to see you're back. I hear the last 5 lbs is really difficult to get off. You will eventually get there and you have some new habits to keep you there
Old 03-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #189
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Happy St Patrick's Day friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3636.jpg (39.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #190
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I decided to wait and weigh next week since it was only a four day week for me. I did stay for the meeting and it was good as always. I've got a fish dinner I'm going to tonite. I'll have about 15 points to spend is the plan and will use some weeklies if I need to if there's a dessert I want to try. Grandsons plan on coming up tomoro so I will maybe go out to eat with them and my son. That's going to be my biggest challenge this weekend.

Have a good one
Old 03-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #191
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I decided to wait and weigh next week since it was only a four day week for me. I did stay for the meeting and it was good as always. I've got a fish dinner I'm going to tonite. I'll have about 15 points to spend is the plan and will use some weeklies if I need to if there's a dessert I want to try. Grandsons plan on coming up tomoro so I will maybe go out to eat with them and my son. That's going to be my biggest challenge this weekend.

Have a good one
Sue
Have fun those grand kids grow up way to fast

I figure as long as we keep trying and stick with plan most of the time,life happens and we have to live life. So if we gain once in awhile it's okay. As long as we don't go back to our old way of eating.

That is what I was on the verge of doing too But I am back weighing and measuring . I was down this morning really good.But I always am in the mornings.
We are having stir fry tonight with lots and lots of veggies.Then tomorrow evening it's tacos.I eat a taco salad.Hubby eats the shells

HAPPY St. Patricks Day to you and everyone else here too.

I'm wondering what happened to Karen?

Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #192
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday all. I ate into my weeklies in a pretty big way yesterday. I was just wanting to eat non stop all day. Lucky for me all the food in the house is WW friendly. I wasn't brave enough to total my points until today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as is usually the case when I think I've really blown thru major points. The day was 54 points but could have been worse. Today I'm feeling fine and right back on track for the day even considering a pancake breakfast after church. I brought my own 0 point syrup and passed on having the oj. So it's all good.

I tried one of the new frozen WW SmartMade meals for lunch-orange chicken, 7 sp's and it was ok. Had quinoa in it and was more of a grain dish even though it had chicken in it. I probably won't get it again but the sauce had a good taste. I got a couple others to try that are 8 sp's. I'll let you know how I like them.

So that's my weekend so far. I'm planning a trip to the Bay Area on Wed after my meeting this week. I've got things I need to take care of there and will stay with my son in San Jose for a few days so food could be a challenge and there's a fitness expo I want to check out so I'm a little nervous about eating out. My plan is to go with salads and fresh fruits as much as I can.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and we can keep up a good streak this week.

Sue
Old 03-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #193
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

It's Tuesday already. I went into my settings for my app and changed it so I use weekly points up first before activity points like I have been. On my home scale, my weight is pretty much the same as 10 days ago and I'm not happy about that. My regular weigh-in is tomoro morning. Someone said asparagus is a diuretic, so I'm going to have some today

Lots of rain here overnite and still pouring. I'm just glad it's rain, not snow That's about all happening in my WW world today. I'm still trying to motivate myself to get some spring cleaning and organizing done.

Sue
Old 03-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #194
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Everyone
Well it's weigh in day.I am happy to say I feel as if I have lost at least 2 lbs. I sure hope so, my scales show it.But it's still early in the day.I always weigh more of an evening, so we shall see.

My daughter called a little after midnight last night crying her heart out. Her step mom passed away and she really loved her a lot.Actually she was only her dads live in, but she treated my daughter and grandson as if they were her own and she was a kind sweet lady. Her dad will be an absolute basket case.I feel sorry for him.He will truly be lost without her.

Sue, I wonder if Rubee and Karen have left us???
I hope all goes well with you and your weigh in.You sure do it work it .
I don't worry as much about it.I just try to eat right. As my old bones just won't let me exercise. However I do plan on trying to go for some walks as the weather permits and it gets warmer. Perhaps of an evening, just go for an evening stroll

I will check back in as time permits. I am busy sewing again along with my babysitting. So until then take care and KUTGW

P.S. Try this is it wonderful. Take a banana and slice it in half length wise. Pour a bit of sugar free Hershey's Chocolate Syrup over the banana add some fresh blueberries, strawberries, peaches or any fruit you desire or all of them Then a bit more syrup and two TBS of FF Cool Whip it is sooooo goood as good as a banana split IMO. The only SP would be the Syrup and Cool Whip, which don't add up to many.

Last edited by Berta48; 03-21-2017 at 01:22 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #195
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

I'm here. My company left Sunday, and I woke up Monday morning achy all over. I just zoned all day. Not sure if it was eating off plan or what. I didn't do bad at all, but did drink some diet soda. That shouldnt have caused it. Maybe this crazy weather. I'm better today.

I just made a pot of veggie soup, blended with my immersion blender. Drinking soup from a favorite cup just felt comforting. I haven't even counted points since Saturday, but eating mostly plants, I think I'm ok.

I'll be back later, to read more...see what you are up to.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 PM   #196
Berta48
Berta48

Well I got good news at weigh in. I lost 3 lbs this week.
Now if I can just keep it up. I am so close to being in the 220's I can almost taste it (pun intended) only 4 more lbs. Seems every time I get this close I go UP. But I sure am going to try to change that this week.

HI RUBEE
Happy you are still here with us.
Now if we can just get Karen back.

Last edited by Berta48; 03-21-2017 at 09:09 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 03:01 AM   #197
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta! 3 lbs!!!! You're killing it. That's exciting to hear. I had one of those banana sundaes just yesterday. Haha. We're synced up with food choices.

Rubee, I had a bad day with arthritis pain yesterday and like you, don't really know what caused it. Maybe it was the rainy weather You're doing great with your eating it sounds like. Warm soup is so comforting. I've been buying Imagine tomato soup lately to have handy. It's 3 sp's for a cup and I put a few croutons in it. Very tasty comfort food.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:11 AM   #198
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

I'm posting Oprah's famous wagon of 67 pounds of fat pic because I'm down 62 pounds from my all time top weight in 1995 and I need to remind myself how far I've come when the going is slow like it has been lately. It's amazing to think of what my body has endured over the years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3646.JPG (63.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-22-2017, 03:17 AM   #199
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

What one pound of fat looks like!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3649.JPG (59.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #200
Berta48
Berta48

Sue
Thanks Now if I can just keep it off. Seems I do good one week and gain it back the next so frustrating.But no one but myself to blame.

How did you like the banana split with no ice cream? We had one last night. I put pecans on hubbies. I had peaches, blueberries and strawberries.

I found some GREAT ice cream bars for 3 SP Elightened frozen hot cocoa flavor, they are really good. Then OUTSHINE they are 4 SP each,. I bought Raspberry and Pineapple in the Outshine ones. I don't know if they have them in your area but if they have them in this little town they probably do.

Well the little one is calling so until next time.
Love to all of my friends here on WW thread

Last edited by Berta48; 03-22-2017 at 10:50 AM..
Old 03-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #201
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Berta, great loss!!

My favorite dessert is still cottage cheese and frozen strawberries blended. I add sweetener. FF cottage cheese is only 1pt for half cup. I tried the sugar free chocolate syrup before and didn't like it. I bet it was an off brand. Will have to try it again sometimes.

My sister brought a bunch of frozen fish again, so I'm having my weekly fish tonight. Halibut. yum. I'm glad they like to fish. I'm betraying my vegetarian leaning, but I do like fish. I'll have it with a huge salad.

Sue, that fat looks gross!! To imagine we carry that. It really brings it home. I always like seeing Oprah on tv and hearing of her weight loss. And Gail too. So happy for them both. And I hear Oprah is coming out with a cook book?

Gonna pick up some low point soup when I get to the store next. I love home made, but peeling and chopping not my favorite thing. It's harder to stand in that position long. I think I need a tall stool. Or a new back.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #202
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday friends. I had a good visit with my grandsons in San Jose. We went out for Mexican food Friday nite and I blew thru a lot of weeklies. I just got in one of those moods where I just wanted to eat whatever I wanted and counted points later We had a church dinner and dancing last nite and I left a lot on my plate, only eating what I really like that was lower points like vegs and ate only part of the small piece of dessert cake. I did some line dancing, and it was the first dancing I've done since knee surgery a few years ago and it was fun. It's great exercise so I'm going to join these ladies on Fridays for their classes at the senior center.

I'm sitting here giving some thought to this week's meal planning. I want to have some light meals. Lately I've been buying the steamfresh bags of asparagus you heat right in the bag in the microwave and they're quite tasty for 0 points. And my Imagine tomato soup for 3 points continues to be a regular comfort food. I have my one point tortillas to make some wraps with and some shrimp I like to have with sweet chili sauce. Gotta think what else sounds good this week...
Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #203
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Well, here it is Monday already. I'm weighing once a week and tomorrow is the day.

I've had a good week and have 7 weeklies left. (there was that one night....just needed more calories I guess.)

I'm still eating lots of low starch vegetables. I'm so used to that, and love the no points. But am adding some things back. I went plant based at first to see if I can bring my triglycerides down. I sure hope adding yogurt, cottage cheese, and some oil...oh, and fish...hope it doesnt raise my numbers. It shouldn't, but I'm leery I guess. I have almost a month before I check again.

Hopin we all have a great week. We are supposed to have a few sunny days and up to 60 degrees. (cant find my degree symbol. lol)
Old 03-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #204
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Gang
Well I have been busy with life and haven't been here for a awhile. But today is my weigh in day.I feel as if I have lost. But not sure how much. I'm hoping it is at least a lb or more. Will let you all know tomorrow or late this evening.

I am trying hard to get into the 220's. I know that is still a lot of weight.BUT it is better than 275.8 where I started a year or so ago.

Rubee
I have to hand it to you .I would never, never stick to a plan if I didn't get my meat and fish. That is what Sue has said we all have to find what works for us. I tried SF but was over eating. So I went back to the regular plan and have lost each week so far. I need the discipline of weighing and counting SP.

SUE
Happy you had a nice time with grandson.Those times are precious. I went through that a few weeks ago not caring what I ate and just went all out.
I think sometimes when we are craving not so healthy foods OR (off plan) if we eat it, then we get over it and right back at it.The problem is the having to retake off those lbs

But I do feel better about myself and life now that I am in control again. I have my moments. But those are the times I pray and just have to get over it. Sometimes I will just grab a fruit or carrots and dip.
I make a good dip from Chobani Fat Free Greek Yogurt plain. Then add 2 -3 Tsp of Hidden Valley green Onion dip mix to it. The dry kind in an envelope. It makes 5 oz and I usually eat about half. But the entire thing is like 3 SP. It beats 2 tbs of other dips all to pieces in SP.

I bought some fresh asparagus the other day and I have to get it cooked before it goes bad. I love it but hubby is allergic to asparagus. He breaks out in big hives all over his arms and body.

Karen
Where are you ????

Last edited by Berta48; 03-28-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 12:59 PM   #205
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Hi everyone!!! So happy to find this thread!!!

I was here on LCF message boards YEARS AGO during my long-forgotten Atkins era. I used to love posting here, and of course, reading. I haven't been on this website for a long time as I haven't been low carving. Well, I came here on a whim today and found the WW section - yay! I re-joined WW yesterday for the first time in several years. My weight is too high, I don't feel good in my clothes and I am ready to make some changes.

So far I like the new WW program. I like the emphasis on lean protein and lower sugar. Good changes to their older programs. I'm doing online only.

Thanks for being here, everyone!! : )

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #206
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
Hi everyone!!! So happy to find this thread!!!

I was here on LCF message boards YEARS AGO during my long-forgotten Atkins era. I used to love posting here, and of course, reading. I haven't been on this website for a long time as I haven't been low carving. Well, I came here on a whim today and found the WW section - yay! I re-joined WW yesterday for the first time in several years. My weight is too high, I don't feel good in my clothes and I am ready to make some changes.

So far I like the new WW program. I like the emphasis on lean protein and lower sugar. Good changes to their older programs. I'm doing online only.

Thanks for being here, everyone!! : )

So happy to have you join us. As most everyone has left us
Don't know why but they come and then go. Hope you will stick around with us.

We aren't here every day, but I try to get in here at least once or twice a week. Life keeps me busy in my old age. I wonder sometimes how I ever had time to work
I like WW and plan on it for life. So I have my ups and downs but I loose slow due to some health reasons and not sticking with it 100%
It's hardest mostly when we eat out.

Well until next time. Again

Old 03-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #207
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much, Berta!!!!!!! : ) Really appreciate it!!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #208
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

I'm really impressed with the progress and the insights folks have shared here!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:00 PM   #209
Berta48
Berta48

Hello Gang
Had a 1.2 loss this week.Was really hoping for more, but I am happy with that.

I hope everyone had a great weigh in. Or at least a loss .
I made some chicken rice soup today and it was really good. I ate 2 whole cups and it was only 6 SP.

It is late and I am tired. So until next time. Sleep tight

Last edited by Berta48; 03-28-2017 at 09:10 PM..
Old 03-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #210
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
I'm really impressed with the progress and the insights folks have shared here!
Beth
We have our ups and downs.But we learn from one another too.
I will be posting more recipes on the WW recipe thread one day soon. Check it out. There are some really good ones there.

I hope it's all going good for you