Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #211
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkramer947
WOE: Lower Carb WW
Start Date: DANDR on Aug. 11, '03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Beth
We have our ups and downs.But we learn from one another too.
I will be posting more recipes on the WW recipe thread one day soon. Check it out. There are some really good ones there.

I hope it's all going good for you

Thanks so much. Home from a 12 hour day at work but stayed within my points and feeling happy. Today was my second full day on WW. I'm happy to have found you guys and wish you all continued fortitude and joy!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
bkramer947 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM   #212
Berta48
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 2016 Weight Watchers prior 2015 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkramer947 View Post
Thanks so much. Home from a 12 hour day at work but stayed within my points and feeling happy. Today was my second full day on WW. I'm happy to have found you guys and wish you all continued fortitude and joy!
12 hr. shifts? I use to do that. I would work 3 days 12 hrs and have the rest of the week off. Loved it

KUTGW.

Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #213
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RW City Sue
Stats: CW 212 GW 159
WOE: WW Flex
Start Date: 3/20/2016
Beth Glad to have you join us. The new smart points program works if you just keep at it.

Berta, good going with your loss. 1.2 is great! I was down .8 today. I was hoping for more also but glad to at least see some results. So I'm down 3 lbs total for March.

Rubee, hope you got good news also. I'm planning on more veg, fresh fruit, and some lean proteins. You sound like you've been really eating healthy. I got a couple different kinds of fish canned in water and some turkey slices for proteins this week. Got a couple avocados for healthy fats to have on one point Sara Lee bread.

Anyway that's my plan for a good week.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #214
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, I wanted to suggest you check out Connect on the WW app. Lots of good ideas and support there from other members.

Glad you're able to make your points work during 12 hour shifts. It is a good feeling to have the reassurance of being within your points and get fresh points every day. It makes me happy also.

Sue
Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #215
Berta48
Berta48

Sue
I have been on Connect but can't figure out how to post a photo. I can post comments but really don't know how to even join etc. Have you any insight?

Old 03-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #216
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, you are probably already registered on connect it sounds like if you can post. U would have a user name. There is a little icon to click onto when u post and then u can search your photos and click onto it then it will prompt u to resize it.

Let me know if u have more questions.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #217
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

You guys are doing awesome!!! Love seeing your losses!!! Whoohoo!!!!

Today was my day off and I did some cooking and food prep. I made the WW zero points soup with lots of great veggies in it. I also made a huge pan of cauliflower "rice" type thing, adding in many other veggies, some egg beaters and soy sauce (just a little). It is super low point - wow.

Found some goodies at the supermarket today including 1 point low carb wraps - tried one already, heated on the stove with FF cheese melted - it was yummy!

I haven't used all of my points today but I feel like I ate a lot. The zero point things are so odd to me in a way...the tracker says "zero' but I know I ate a substantial amount. I have to get used to the idea that it's okay to count zero points as zero! I'm eating more veggies than fruit, so it's mostly a veggie thing when I track it as zero, but still....feels weird!

Keep up the great work, everyone!!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #218
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
You guys are doing awesome!!! Love seeing your losses!!! Whoohoo!!!!

Today was my day off and I did some cooking and food prep. I made the WW zero points soup with lots of great veggies in it. I also made a huge pan of cauliflower "rice" type thing, adding in many other veggies, some egg beaters and soy sauce (just a little). It is super low point - wow.

Found some goodies at the supermarket today including 1 point low carb wraps - tried one already, heated on the stove with FF cheese melted - it was yummy!

I haven't used all of my points today but I feel like I ate a lot. The zero point things are so odd to me in a way...the tracker says "zero' but I know I ate a substantial amount. I have to get used to the idea that it's okay to count zero points as zero! I'm eating more veggies than fruit, so it's mostly a veggie thing when I track it as zero, but still....feels weird!

Keep up the great work, everyone!!!
Beth
Sounds like you are doing real well. I have some wraps and crepes .I put wild blueberries and fat free cool whip in the crepes and squeeze some SF Hershey's Chocolate syrup over the top all for 2 SP.

The wraps (1SP)I put scrambled egg(2SP) and velvetta sharp cheddar slice(1SP) onion and peppers (0 SP)and salsa (0 SP) I add 2 oz of jennie o lean turkey sausage (2SP) And have a breakfast burrito for 6 SP

When is your first weigh in? Well I was headed to bed and checked my messages and saw there was a post, so until next time sleep tight.

P.S. My wraps are Tumaro Wraps and Crepes are Melissas Crepes.

Last edited by Berta48; 03-29-2017 at 10:05 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #219
Rubee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rubee
Stats: 160/155
WOE: WW Smart Points
Start Date: May 1, 2016
Good going, everyone. I lost a lb this week! That's a break through as I'd stopped losing on the strictly plant based whole foods way of eating.

Hi, Beth. Those zero foods really are a life saver. The new Smarts Points plan is really pushing us toward healthy options. I can make a dish with a little protein, some sauce, and pile in the vegetables with no extra points. My sauces are just soy sauce, rice vinegar, a little mustard, some spices, sweetener and water. Add some corn starch for just 1 or 2 points and it bubbles up to a really nice sauce that holds everything together.
If I'm not eating a salad, I just have a one bowl meal.

When I do my big grocery shopping once a month, I always concentrate on produce. If I have enough veggies, then I know I can make anything. I don't eat much fruit either. I like it, but know it can raise my triglycerides, so until I go back to my doctor next month, I'm only having it once a day.

I need to find those 1 pt low carb wraps. I haven't had any in awhile and can't remember what the ones I had before were. And I haven't seen ff cheese. Safeway used to carry a WW brand, but don't see it now. I need to get some laughing cow I guess.

I had hash browns and an egg white omelet for a late breakfast, then my soy curls bowl (my sisters laugh at me...but they are so good, and no cholesterol.) with the veggies and sauce. I'm full...and have points left.

Beth, I did low carb too...for years, till I just got so sick of meat. Went from there to Vegan, no meat, no oil, no dairy. I lost, then stopped losing. Now, here I am back with WW and losing again.

Have a great rest of the week. I am so looking forward to some rainLESS days. That weatherman better be right.
Rubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:31 AM   #220
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, I love your enthusiasm for working the points. It is exciting to discover new low point foods. And even more exciting for me has always been that this is a sustainable way of life not just a diet. Your food prepping is awesome. Planning ahead and fresh fruits and vegetables are the key. You've got this!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:38 AM   #221
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, we are on the same wave length again. I had a wrap just last nite-Olé Xtreme one point tortilla with avocado and 5 slices of Hormel deli turkey is one point and I added a tsp of Mayo since I had points for it. Very filling and satisfying.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:01 PM   #222
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is having a good day!

I am here at work, taking a quick break while munching on my turkey wrap (one point for the wrap, yay).

I was up 0.2 lb today, I think due to sodium as I ate soup and other seasoned veggies yesterday/last night. I was within my points range so it CAN'T be real weight..at least I doubt it. I'm proud to say that although I never like any gain, I am not getting hung up on it. It's normal to fluctuate much higher than this, and I totally know that. I am down 5 lbs so far since starting on Monday morning.

Makes me question this - do you guys weigh daily? Weekly? Something in the middle? I tend to weigh daily when I'm on plan out of sheer curiosity. I can see that there are pros and cons to weighing frequently, and to not weighing as frequently.

Be well, everyone!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #223
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Sorry, I didn't answer a question above - the wraps I use are also Tumaro. Aren't they good?

My "official" weigh in is Monday but I weigh more or less every day! LOL
I'm an online member so I don't weigh in at a center.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #224
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't answer a question above - the wraps I use are also Tumaro. Aren't they good?

My "official" weigh in is Monday but I weigh more or less every day! LOL
I'm an online member so I don't weigh in at a center.
I weigh every morning.But I weigh once a week at my meeting too. My scales weigh me 1 lb more than at WW. Morning weight is suppose to be the accurate weight. I will weigh 3- 4 more at night though.

Yes, I like the Tumaro Wraps. I eat the multi-grain ones. I have had some of the the flavors but the multi-grain is my favorite one.

They are really good with crumbled hamburger and onion with salsa or taco sauce and a little cheese and green peppers too.

I joined online but I pay the price where I can also go to the meetings.44.95 a month.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:45 PM   #225
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Berta, great meal idea with the wrap!

I think so - the morning weight is the best one!! : )

I wonder if at some point I could upgrade to the membership where you go to meetings. I may want to do that over the summer when I have more time. I have the feeling that WW will be happy to take my $$! LOL

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-30-2017, 02:57 PM   #226
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, great meal idea with the wrap!

I think so - the morning weight is the best one!! : )

I wonder if at some point I could upgrade to the membership where you go to meetings. I may want to do that over the summer when I have more time. I have the feeling that WW will be happy to take my $$! LOL
Yes, I am sure they will . It get me really, they promote healthy lifestyle eating and sell junk food

Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 PM   #227
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I hear ya! They sell processed junk - and it's overpriced at that. But, then again, everything in moderation...I get it.

Had plenty of points left this evening and enjoyed my first dessert on WW. One serving of Halo Top over one Vita Top. Six points total. A little high perhaps but boy was it a great treat!!! This was the first time I had Halo Top. I tried the vanilla flavor.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #228
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I hear ya! They sell processed junk - and it's overpriced at that. But, then again, everything in moderation...I get it.

Had plenty of points left this evening and enjoyed my first dessert on WW. One serving of Halo Top over one Vita Top. Six points total. A little high perhaps but boy was it a great treat!!! This was the first time I had Halo Top. I tried the vanilla flavor.
I like the Indulgence ice cream bars they are 3 SP. I like choc almond in the Halo Top
Our WalMart has a frozen yogurt bar that is 4 SP I bought the sea salt caramel. YASSO Brand.

I have went over my daily points today about 8 So I am way down on weeklies now. So tomorrow will be a very light eating day, it usually works itself out okay if I am careful.

I am getting sick. My throat is scratchy, nose runny and coughing and my chest hurts I feel as if I am getting pneumonia again. I get it a lot and this is how it all starts But thankfully I have a Dr appointment Monday.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:37 AM   #229
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I hope you are feeling better soon. Do take care of yourself!!! OY! Hydrate and rest if you can.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Indulgence bars - not familiar with them.

I enjoyed my first time of Halo Top - yum. I measured it carefully and felt in control with the 2 pt amount.

Weighed this morning and am down 0.6 from yesterday. Total loss of 5.3 lbs. A start!!!

Have a good day, all!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:16 PM   #230
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I hope you are feeling better soon. Do take care of yourself!!! OY! Hydrate and rest if you can.

Thanks for the suggestion of the Indulgence bars - not familiar with them.

I enjoyed my first time of Halo Top - yum. I measured it carefully and felt in control with the 2 pt amount.

Weighed this morning and am down 0.6 from yesterday. Total loss of 5.3 lbs. A start!!!

Have a good day, all!!
That's a TERRIFIC start

Old 04-01-2017, 11:27 AM   #231
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies. I'm just stopping by to catch up. Guess I had a busy week. I'm treating myself to a pedicure this am, then headed to car wash and will stop for a few groceries. Need more of those wraps we've been all talking about
Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #232
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Forgot to say I went to a line dancing class at the senior center this week and really enjoyed it. It's a great group of women so I plan on doing this on Fridays now for extra exercise. The movements are all low impact and I was glad I found them doable.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #233
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Forgot to say I went to a line dancing class at the senior center this week and really enjoyed it. It's a great group of women so I plan on doing this on Fridays now for extra exercise. The movements are all low impact and I was glad I found them doable.
Sue
The line dancing sounds like fun and it would be great exercise. But I am afraid my old bones couldn't take it.

I've not been feeling well and not wanting to cook ,so I have been nibbling and mostly on off plan stuff. So it's hard to tell what will happen at the scales this week. Dr. appt. Monday. I think I have pneumonia AGAIN or Bronchitis I know my ribs hurt from coughing all the time . I've went through three boxes of kleenex so far this week

I like the wraps and so low points. You can virtually put anything in them

Well I'm headed to bed again so until next time

I found some low carb Thick It Up on Netrition and it thickens soups and things.It is good. 1 tsp to a cup.It thickens as it cools. I use it in my Jennie O turkey sausage gravy

Last edited by Berta48; 04-01-2017 at 01:33 PM..
Old 04-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #234
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

HI guys,

Sue, what fun the line dancing must be!! Great exercise!

Berta, sorry you are still so sick. I hope you heal up soon. Listen to your body and don't overdo.

I'm doing pretty well here. Sticking to plan. One thing that I am trying to figure out is the whole zero point thing. I'm grappling with zero point versus calories....ie a banana is zero points but also 100 calories (and very nutritious). I'm new to this WW and wrapping my brain around the concept of zero points for things that are caloric is weird. I feel almost guilty that my log shows zero points when I ate fruit. Do you guys relate to this? Any thoughts?

Take good care and check back in when you can!!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 04-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #235
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Berta, so sorry you're not feeling well. I'll say some prayers for you. You probably will lose weight I'm guessing. Just get yourself healthy again. Thanks for the tip on the thickener. I will check it out. Sausage gravy sounds great. Pillsbury Jr Grands are 3 points each so I may have that with gravy tomoro

I want to tell you I am so enjoying my shamrock plant you told me about. It is really thriving out back on my deck. It has beautiful white flowers that open and close each day. Every time I look at it, I'm reminded there are beautiful non-food ways to celebrate holidays. I'm working on plans for Easter now. I will be in San Jose with the grandsons and I'm thinking of a nice Spring menu. Asparagus has been my Spring thing lately and I'm going to take that WW Yukon Gold Mash dish (from the weekly a few weeks back) to a potluck this week. There's been some pretty fruit platter ideas I've seen online also or maybe I will order one of those Edible Arrangements fruit displays. They're pricey but nice for holidays.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #236
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, it does take a while to start thinking differently about food. I think that is what makes smart points genious to me, though, is that a mental shift slowly starts to happen without even realizing it. One of my leaders says about food like bananas that they're not the reason we end up at weight watchers I have only one on days I have one and they do help satisfy me. I sometimes feel like I need the potassium from them as well.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:43 PM   #237
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Great point, Sue. I did NOT get fat on bananas...or any other zero SP food! LOL

Berta, hope you are feeling better and can check in soon.

Tomorrow (Monday) marks the end of my first week back on WW. It was a good first week and I'm so happy that it's going well. I feel better on this WW program than I remember feeling in past attempts. Hope I can sustain this!

Everyone, let's keep chugging along! Take care!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #238
RW City Sue
Senior LCF Member

Beth, I'm glad ww's is working well for you. It seems like the company has made lots of thoughtful changes to the program and it's all about being a sustainable lifestyle, not just another diet. Woohoo for one week down
Old 04-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #239
Berta48
Berta48

Quote:
Great point, Sue. I did NOT get fat on bananas...or any other zero SP food! LOL

Berta, hope you are feeling better and can check in soon.

Tomorrow (Monday) marks the end of my first week back on WW. It was a good first week and I'm so happy that it's going well. I feel better on this WW program than I remember feeling in past attempts. Hope I can sustain this!

Everyone, let's keep chugging along! Take care!
Congratulations on the one week.WW is a good program if we can just discipline ourselves.
I hope you have a good weigh in.

I will be better one of these days. Just not feeling much like doing anything at the moment
Will check in again one of these days soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW City Sue View Post
Berta, so sorry you're not feeling well. I'll say some prayers for you. You probably will lose weight I'm guessing. Just get yourself healthy again. Thanks for the tip on the thickener. I will check it out. Sausage gravy sounds great. Pillsbury Jr Grands are 3 points each so I may have that with gravy tomoro

I want to tell you I am so enjoying my shamrock plant you told me about. It is really thriving out back on my deck. It has beautiful white flowers that open and close each day. Every time I look at it, I'm reminded there are beautiful non-food ways to celebrate holidays. I'm working on plans for Easter now. I will be in San Jose with the grandsons and I'm thinking of a nice Spring menu. Asparagus has been my Spring thing lately and I'm going to take that WW Yukon Gold Mash dish (from the weekly a few weeks back) to a potluck this week. There's been some pretty fruit platter ideas I've seen online also or maybe I will order one of those Edible Arrangements fruit displays. They're pricey but nice for holidays.
Sue
Well I'm here but not feeling much better.Went to Dr today and she put me on antibiotics.My air level (that little thingy they put on your finger) was only 77. So I am not breathing well.

I will go weigh in tomorrow evening but I have eaten all my weeklies but about 5 So not looking for loss this week.
Haven't felt like cooking so it has been snacky foods I have put the points down but OH MY! Well it over now as tomorrow is weigh in .
So we'll see.

Your menu sounds good & right on point

You will probably want to bring your shamrock in if it gets cold like it does here. I sure like mine. This is the third one I have had.But this one came with instructions, so that will help . I was either over or under watering them before.This says bright indirect light and keep the top moist but not overly so.

Thanks for the prayers they are needed and always appreciated.

Last edited by Berta48; 04-03-2017 at 08:51 PM..
Old 04-04-2017, 07:25 AM   #240
bkramer947
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys. Berta, I'm glad you saw the doctor. Sorry it's been rough. I hope things move upward for you ASAP!!

Weight fluctuates so much which can be a drag. I gained 1.4 lbs today. It's not fat, I know that. I ended the day with 5 points leftover. I guess it's sodium.....hormonal.....whatever! It will come off. I of course wish that there were never increases, only decreases! LOL

I have a super long day at work today. I packed three meals and snacks. Packing and tracking, packing and tracking! I installed a water drinking tracker onto my iPhone and am pushing the fluids. Water and unsweetened tea. The tracker makes it more fun.

Post back and be well, everyone!

I WILL NOT GIVE UP!