Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Jumping into January QWL thread

Happy new year!!

Let's start the new year on the right foot! For those of us that were off for the holidays let's get back on and for those that stayed on keep up the good work!!

Let's do this!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I have been maintaining since I last posted. Well I maintained until the last few weeks. I weighed in at 187 this morning, so I am looking forward to getting back on plan and having my weight move down not up!

I will be fully back on plan tomorrow because I have family dinner tonight but my breakfast was fish and I am meal planning for the week. I have to make sure i have a plan otherwise I cAn easily fall off!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
What I said in another thread....

I started today. I don't really have the desire to eat today but had a few leftover chicken wings with a low carb sauce on it. Not exactly on plan but other than the sauce I am eating no carbs today. Tomorrow will be spot on. Being up late and up too early has made me a sleep lady. I can't be bothered to boil eggs.

Hey Mar!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy New Year !

I am glad to see some familiar avatars !! I am gradually moving myself in the low carb direction starting tomorrow first to go will be sugar .. We usually do a brunch with close friends on the 2nd and it's always an egg and hash brown casserole with cheese and sausage and bisquits however, no sugar in my coffee it's a start right ?
Hopefully after the 6th and keeping my fingers crossed it should be easy to get over my light and sweet mornings of coffees and teas ..

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and now it's time for business, dieting business and it is difficult and I find it comforting though to know I am not alone on this weightloss misson.

My goal this year is to reach 140 lbs and I would like to reach it this year no set date just sometime this year and keep it off no gain backs lol
Last year I reached 145lbs and gained what I lost back and that needs to change .

:: cheers :: to losing weight Everyone !
I will answer this here:I started earlier this week with cutting down on sugar and carbs. No sugar in your coffee is definily a good start! You have to begin somewhere right!?

I really want to get back to the 160's this year, I don't know if that will happen but I will try! My lowest adult weight was 145 and I would like to get there but at this point I haven't been there in a few years, 160 was my regular weight before the weight gain so I know I would be happy there, I never was at the time but now that seems like it would be great!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #5
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
What I said in another thread....

I started today. I don't really have the desire to eat today but had a few leftover chicken wings with a low carb sauce on it. Not exactly on plan but other than the sauce I am eating no carbs today. Tomorrow will be spot on. Being up late and up too early has made me a sleep lady. I can't be bothered to boil eggs.

Hey Mar!
I have left over wings to eat today too. Although that might be lunch tomorrow because I am not really hungry right now. My wings aren't breaded or have sauce so I will try to just add some franks and not have them be super far off plan. I will probably up my fat for the first couple days anyways.

Hope your holidays were great! I am happy to see people I recognize!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
lbecker28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2017
Just started Stillman's this morning. Hoping to be back in a 6/8 for summer.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #7
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbecker28 View Post
Just started Stillman's this morning. Hoping to be back in a 6/8 for summer.
That's a good goal! How did you find day 1?
Old 01-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

My goal this year is to lose all my weight but I will settle with getting to summer not looking like the "before" pictures I just took.

Seriously thou. I just took my pictures and all my measurements. Will take new ones monthly. I have never done this and I hope it is a step in the right direction.

January goal is 12 pounds off. 5 pounds for each month after. That is a total of 67 pounds for the year. 9 pounds from my ultimate goal. Maybe I will get lucky and lose a bit more than the 5 for a few months. I know this doable if I don't fall back into old habits.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #9
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Hello again, all! I put on a few pounds over the holidays. I knew I would, so just decided not to beat myself up over it. I've been successfully maintaining with JUDDD, which is a much more bearable plan for the long term, but haven't ever been able to lose on it.

So I'm back for another round of Stillman. To keep me on the straight and narrow, I'm going to be posting my daily food intake. I did this before and it helped me to go from a US Size 12 to a Size 2. I would love to see what others are eating as well! I think accountability helps... even if it's just accountability to yourself.

Looking forward to a slim, trim, healthy, high-energy 2017 to all of us, whether newbies or old-bies like me!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #10
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in at 187 again today I ate fairly well yesterday except at the dinner I had dessert and I didn't even over do it! Oh well today is my first full day on plan. Hopping for a loss tomorrow.

Today's menu is chicken and turkey with some cheese thrown in to up my fat!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #11
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My goal this year is to lose all my weight but I will settle with getting to summer not looking like the "before" pictures I just took.

Seriously thou. I just took my pictures and all my measurements. Will take new ones monthly. I have never done this and I hope it is a step in the right direction.

January goal is 12 pounds off. 5 pounds for each month after. That is a total of 67 pounds for the year. 9 pounds from my ultimate goal. Maybe I will get lucky and lose a bit more than the 5 for a few months. I know this doable if I don't fall back into old habits.
I am going to take before pics and take measurements! That's a good idea! The first time I did stills I took measurements and it was good for those weeks I didn't lose much but still lost inches!

That sounds like a very doable goal! I hope to lose around the same.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #12
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Hello again, all! I put on a few pounds over the holidays. I knew I would, so just decided not to beat myself up over it. I've been successfully maintaining with JUDDD, which is a much more bearable plan for the long term, but haven't ever been able to lose on it.

So I'm back for another round of Stillman. To keep me on the straight and narrow, I'm going to be posting my daily food intake. I did this before and it helped me to go from a US Size 12 to a Size 2. I would love to see what others are eating as well! I think accountability helps... even if it's just accountability to yourself.

Looking forward to a slim, trim, healthy, high-energy 2017 to all of us, whether newbies or old-bies like me!
Wow a size 12 to a 2 that's amazing! How long did that take? Was it all on stills? I find I can never just stick to one diet I have to try them all! But I always come back to stills.

I have decided to post my daily weigh and food at least at first because that keeps me on plan. Then I will probably do weekly but I wil play it by ear, because if it's working why stop?
Old 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #13
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Wow a size 12 to a 2 that's amazing! How long did that take? Was it all on stills? I find I can never just stick to one diet I have to try them all! But I always come back to stills.

I have decided to post my daily weigh and food at least at first because that keeps me on plan. Then I will probably do weekly but I wil play it by ear, because if it's working why stop?
I don't remember exactly how long it took -- probably about 6 months or so. You can scan some of my earlier threads/comments if you want more specific info, as I was posting a lot here at the time!

It was all on Stills, yes, but I used two important "hacks." I don't think I would have succeeded without them.

First, I stuck to the diet exactly as written. No veggies, no chicken skin, no nothin' that wasn't on the original Stillman diet from the book! (except fat-free American cheese, which didn't exist in 1967 when the book was written).

Second, I didn't weigh myself, ever. Not at the beginning, not at the end. And I have no idea what I weigh now, even years later.

I wrote about my journey on this thread and explained why not weighing worked for me personally, in case you want a summary of my own personal learnings: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883256

Old 01-02-2017, 11:56 AM   #14
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I weighed in at 187 again today I ate fairly well yesterday except at the dinner I had dessert and I didn't even over do it! Oh well today is my first full day on plan. Hopping for a loss tomorrow.

Today's menu is chicken and turkey with some cheese thrown in to up my fat!
Not a gain so that is good! I am also doing higher fat. My body seems to lose better that way. Plus I am happier.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #15
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I don't remember exactly how long it took -- probably about 6 months or so. You can scan some of my earlier threads/comments if you want more specific info, as I was posting a lot here at the time!

It was all on Stills, yes, but I used two important "hacks." I don't think I would have succeeded without them.

First, I stuck to the diet exactly as written. No veggies, no chicken skin, no nothin' that wasn't on the original Stillman diet from the book! (except fat-free American cheese, which didn't exist in 1967 when the book was written).

Second, I didn't weigh myself, ever. Not at the beginning, not at the end. And I have no idea what I weigh now, even years later.

I wrote about my journey on this thread and explained why not weighing worked for me personally, in case you want a summary of my own personal learnings: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883256
I do not have the will power to not weigh in, however I am thinking of just doing it monthly.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #16
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Okay, first day's meals:
2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
For lunch, a large serving of sautéed ground turkey with Jerk seasoning. Added a dash of hot sauce (allowed by Stillman) 'cause I like it hot!
For dinner, 2 hard boiled eggs.

Right now, it's a rainy, cold day and I could really use a Scotch. But even though Scotch has no carbs and no fat, so it technically should be allowed... it tends to stall me. So I've settled for a Sleepytime tea.

Incidentally, I just bought an InstantPot electric pressure cooker. Let me tell you it ROCKS at hard boiling eggs!

Old 01-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #17
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Okay, first day's meals:
2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
For lunch, a large serving of sautéed ground turkey with Jerk seasoning. Added a dash of hot sauce (allowed by Stillman) 'cause I like it hot!
For dinner, 2 hard boiled eggs.

Right now, it's a rainy, cold day and I could really use a Scotch. But even though Scotch has no carbs and no fat, so it technically should be allowed... it tends to stall me. So I've settled for a Sleepytime tea.

Incidentally, I just bought an InstantPot electric pressure cooker. Let me tell you it ROCKS at hard boiling eggs!
That is a good meal plan for the day.

I had
Breakfast:1 breakfast sausage and 1 easy over egg
Lunch: a few slices of turkey lunch meat and some pepper jack cheese
Dinner: 2 eggs deviled.
A couple cups of Christmas lane green tea.

How long does it take to cook the eggs in the pressure cooker? Do they peel easy? I just picture exploding eggs in the pot.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:52 PM   #18
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/216/123 - 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 7/26/17
Hey everyone! I'm back and ready to really get down to business. I'm frustrated because I regained what I had lost after thanksgiving because I slowly kept making excuses, compromises and justifying why I shouldn't worry about sticking to stillmans hardcore and turned into a ridiculous amount of overeating and over indulging. I'm really disappointed in myself, but I figure there's nowhere to go but back to what I know! I should have come up with a better game plan for December ahead of time. It's a mistake I hope not to make again in the future!

I'm going to try my hardest to do hardcore qwl Stillmans for the whole month of January. I'm not going to go crazy with working out right now because I really want to get my nutrition under solid control first. Today I was not perfect, more of a traditional Atkins than stillmans. Hopefully I will get it better tomorrow. It's hard to get in the groove with everyone being home and normal schedules being off, so I'm going to try to plan my meals tonight to be more prepared for tomorrow so I can crush it!
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #19
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Ok so I was a bit ambitious wanting to start before I'd celebrated the NY. On plan today... My Fitbit scale arrived but not yet the wristband. Apparently, it will be here today. I've no idea how to set the scales up or how to link them to my phone... I'm useless with this sort of stuff. Guess I'll have read the instruction manual, ugh!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #20
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Hi again, MMS! It's good to see a familiar face. I'll be interested to hear of your experience with the Fitbit. I've heard good things from my work colleague who uses one.

Last night, after I posted, I suddenly got ravenous. So I had 2 more HB eggs and a small serving of the sautéed ground turkey. (I love how this program puts the accent in sautéed for me! )

I'm all prepared for the rest of the week. Have packed the following for each work day: 4 HB eggs and 4 roll-ups consisting of 1 slice of very-low-fat ham and 1 slice of nonfat "cheese." Will also bring some ground turkey. I try to pack more lunch than I think I'll need because sudden hunger at work can totally derail me if I don't have Stillman food right there.

Good luck to everyone today!

Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 AM   #21
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I wish I could not weigh but I just see that as an excuse not to stay to plan! It's like an out of sight out of mind thing haha

I can do once a week though so I don't obsess though but not yet!

I wish all my old posts hadn't been deleted because I don't remember what I did 5 years auo when I lost lots on stills l! I will check that out thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #22
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm back and ready to really get down to business. I'm frustrated because I regained what I had lost after thanksgiving because I slowly kept making excuses, compromises and justifying why I shouldn't worry about sticking to stillmans hardcore and turned into a ridiculous amount of overeating and over indulging. I'm really disappointed in myself, but I figure there's nowhere to go but back to what I know! I should have come up with a better game plan for December ahead of time. It's a mistake I hope not to make again in the future!

I'm going to try my hardest to do hardcore qwl Stillmans for the whole month of January. I'm not going to go crazy with working out right now because I really want to get my nutrition under solid control first. Today I was not perfect, more of a traditional Atkins than stillmans. Hopefully I will get it better tomorrow. It's hard to get in the groove with everyone being home and normal schedules being off, so I'm going to try to plan my meals tonight to be more prepared for tomorrow so I can crush it!
We've all been there! At least you are back and ready to get back on plan! I have a hard time controlling my eating when I exercise too because I see it as an excuse to eat what I want, I have to work on that!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #23
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is a good meal plan for the day.

I had
Breakfast:1 breakfast sausage and 1 easy over egg
Lunch: a few slices of turkey lunch meat and some pepper jack cheese
Dinner: 2 eggs deviled.
A couple cups of Christmas lane green tea.

How long does it take to cook the eggs in the pressure cooker? Do they peel easy? I just picture exploding eggs in the pot.
Ha I just picture the tome when I was a teenager when I thought I could just microwave a whole egg in water to hard boil it faster. The egg explosion was so big the door of the kicrowave blew open and there was egg everywhere! 17 year old me thwnnthought it would be a good idea to use the hose to clean it up lol
Old 01-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #24
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Ok so I was a bit ambitious wanting to start before I'd celebrated the NY. On plan today... My Fitbit scale arrived but not yet the wristband. Apparently, it will be here today. I've no idea how to set the scales up or how to link them to my phone... I'm useless with this sort of stuff. Guess I'll have read the instruction manual, ugh!
If I remember correctly the band is pretty easy to set up because it had easy to follow instructions. Good luck!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #25
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

That's exactly what I pictured too! But I read a bunch of "recipes" for HB InstantPot eggs on the internet and ppl were singing the praises of the IP for eggs, so I tried it.... I put the eggs on the wire insert with 1 c water. Put them on high for 7 min and manually released the steam. Put them in ice water with tongs. And they were fantastic and, most wonderful of all, they all peeled like a dream!
I have a really hard time dealing with an egg that won't peel when I'm starving....

Old 01-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #26
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 of 187! I really wanted chips last night so I had a salad instead so I am sure that's why I haven't lost... lettuce always stalls me. I had hoped because I was just starting and lettuce is allowed on induction it would be ok but I guess not. Oh well!

Today I have lots of turkey For lunch and not sure about dinner yet.

I made chicken last night but I have a feeling my fiancé will eat it for lunch today. i will probably just cook up 6 chicken breasts tonight, that way if he does eat a couple I still have extra, I like to bring more than enough lunch to work so I don't end up at one of the 100 restaurants by my work.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #27
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Carb withdrawl headache started yesterday afternoon and it was still there when I woke up this morning. Meal plan will probably be exactly the same as yesterday.

I love my fitbit. It just gives me an added layer of motivation when i am trying to lose weight. My mother in law bought me the Flex 2 for Christmas. I really like how small profile it is compared to the old flex I had. The scale looks pretty neat. I may have to get me one as an early birthday gift.

I hope everyone is able to have a great day on plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm back and ready to really get down to business.
Welcome back!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #28
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi again, MMS! It's good to see a familiar face. I'll be interested to hear of your experience with the Fitbit. I've heard good things from my work colleague who uses one.

Last night, after I posted, I suddenly got ravenous. So I had 2 more HB eggs and a small serving of the sautéed ground turkey. (I love how this program puts the accent in sautéed for me! )

I'm all prepared for the rest of the week. Have packed the following for each work day: 4 HB eggs and 4 roll-ups consisting of 1 slice of very-low-fat ham and 1 slice of nonfat "cheese." Will also bring some ground turkey. I try to pack more lunch than I think I'll need because sudden hunger at work can totally derail me if I don't have Stillman food right there.

Good luck to everyone today!
Hi there Eyesontheprize! Good to see you! The Fitbit just arrived, I've not yet set it up but hope to by the end of the day. I will let you know what I think... You sound really organised and prepared! Good on you, I'm sure you're going to do really well. I'll be here cheering you on!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #29
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
I'm here! Have my lunch packed and the new gym membership. Can't wait to see how I like the new gym.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #30
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I wish I could not weigh but I just see that as an excuse not to stay to plan! It's like an out of sight out of mind thing haha

I can do once a week though so I don't obsess though but not yet!

I wish all my old posts hadn't been deleted because I don't remember what I did 5 years auo when I lost lots on stills l! I will check that out thanks!
I know, I hate that, that happened. Would be nice to see what I was eating and doing when I got to goal.