Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2017, 01:16 PM   #271
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
D'oh! When I mentioned "Instant Calm," above, I meant "Natural Calm." That's the powdered magnesium I take.

makemeslim, isn't it weird how "will power" seems to come and go? But for me, it sometimes just clicks in and it's effortless.

For me, when it happens, it's because I've just committed to do the thing (whatever the thing is), and I have completely detached it from the results. In other words, if I ultimately wanted to have a higher net worth, I might say, "I will invest in the stock market every month" -- but I refuse to keep asking myself "am I rich yet?" I just turn on robot mode and do it. Whether it's working or not, I don't pay attention. The market goes up, the market goes down, who cares? I'm not playing the market. I'm not committed to getting rich (according to the deal I've made with myself). I've just committed to invest monthly and I do it robotically.

It's like that when the diet snaps into place. I just keep going until I feel really crappy (usually several weeks). Losing weight? Not? Who cares? That wasn't my deal with myself. My deal with myself was that I would stay on this diet as long as I can.

Everyone is different. That is the mentality that works for me. That's one of the reasons I don't weigh. My deal is not I WILL LOSE WEIGHT. My deal is I WILL STAY ON THIS DIET, PERIOD.
LOL! I was wondering if "Instant Calm" was something new? LOL! But I kind of feel the same way when you say things "snaps into place" at some point. I think this time, it's working better for me WITH the liquid fasting + occasion days where I eat. I don't know why, but mentally I prefer that than eating every day. Perhaps the daily cooking + meal prep, which annoys me. Who knows. But right now I'm rolling with it while it's good.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #272
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

OK so I think this is what I will try doing:

5 days liquid protein fasting
2 days food (weekends)

I am really liking that I can buy the meat from the rotisserie chicken at the store, without the bones. So, I'll just buy a couple of those on the weekends, have some cottage cheese, etc. I just looked up the calories, and even if I had roughly a pound of chicken a day, that's really not much. but more calories than I have on liquid fasting days. But oddly, it's soo filling.

So ya, this time for me, Stillman's is expensive. But this is what works for me for now. Doubt I'll continue it like this long term but it's a good way to get me going the first month or two. Eventually will get to nixing the liquid protein drinks and just do easy chicken etc. Even if I have to buy the damn meat from the store in pieces!

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-15-2017 at 01:20 PM..
Old 01-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #273
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
D'oh! When I mentioned "Instant Calm," above, I meant "Natural Calm." That's the powdered magnesium I take.

makemeslim, isn't it weird how "will power" seems to come and go? But for me, it sometimes just clicks in and it's effortless.

For me, when it happens, it's because I've just committed to do the thing (whatever the thing is), and I have completely detached it from the results. In other words, if I ultimately wanted to have a higher net worth, I might say, "I will invest in the stock market every month" -- but I refuse to keep asking myself "am I rich yet?" I just turn on robot mode and do it. Whether it's working or not, I don't pay attention. The market goes up, the market goes down, who cares? I'm not playing the market. I'm not committed to getting rich (according to the deal I've made with myself). I've just committed to invest monthly and I do it robotically.

It's like that when the diet snaps into place. I just keep going until I feel really crappy (usually several weeks). Losing weight? Not? Who cares? That wasn't my deal with myself. My deal with myself was that I would stay on this diet as long as I can.

Everyone is different. That is the mentality that works for me. That's one of the reasons I don't weigh. My deal is not I WILL LOSE WEIGHT. My deal is I WILL STAY ON THIS DIET, PERIOD.
That's actually a really good way of looking at things... I guess when I focuss on the actual goal, it feels like I'm constantly pining for something and something that seems a million miles away at that. Then it all becomes overwhelming and I crumble. I worry too much about not making it! It will take some training but I'm really gonna try to live in the moment and stop these negative thought paterns.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #274
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
I was actually thinking about that right before I started on Stillman's. Because this year, I realized, would be 6 years since my weight gain started. And I've been struggling to reach "goal" ever since. And really, I'm young still. I'll be 32 years old in April, and I just don't want to struggle for another 6 years. I remember my mom on/off struggling for YEARS growing up, and even now, with her weight. I don't want to be that person! For me, the weight makes me feel less confident and kind of antisocial. I mean, I work from home now LOL. Not much social interaction. And I hold myself back doing a lot of things I want to do because of it. It just seems to effect my whole life because of my lack in confidence, due to the weight. I've never felt comfortable above 150lbs, and I have 70+lbs to go before I even reach that number - and that's not even my goal weight.

So I think that's what helped get me motivated right now. I used to be able to stick to a plan, a workout schedule and was golden. I suppose in some ways I got complacent over the years and just got out of my old routines that worked. I'm really just trying to get back into that now.

I was telling two friends the other day that I consider 2017 the year of "me." I'm losing the weight, working on my fitness, getting tattoos removed, getting some laser treatments done, starting some classes I've been wanting to start for years now.. so ya It's a ME ME ME year!

I've also grown out my hair the longest it's been in a couple years. It was REALLY short. And most of it is natural color now. When it gets to the length I want, I'll work on adding some pretty colors.
OMG my mother is just the same... To this day. She begins a diet practically every Monday and on and on it goes! Geez, it's all I remember growing up... She would constantly complain about her weight. Now it seems I've become her and sadly my daughter is now dieting. It's a vicious circle but I'm going to break it. I seriously think all the dieting made me fatter! It's like I started just wanting to lose a few pounds and then bang now it's around 50! I too have some things I want to change about myself... I fancy changing my hair colour and please don't think I'm vain but I've said when I get to goal I'm going to get some lip implants. I'm not vain, it's just as I'm getting older I've noticed my top lip looks thinner. I look good for my age but I think some plump lips could take some years off lol. I've found the surgeon I want to do the procedure, i def want it done, though I'm a little nervous.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-15-2017 at 03:10 PM..
Old 01-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #275
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OK so I think this is what I will try doing:

5 days liquid protein fasting
2 days food (weekends)

I am really liking that I can buy the meat from the rotisserie chicken at the store, without the bones. So, I'll just buy a couple of those on the weekends, have some cottage cheese, etc. I just looked up the calories, and even if I had roughly a pound of chicken a day, that's really not much. but more calories than I have on liquid fasting days. But oddly, it's soo filling.

So ya, this time for me, Stillman's is expensive. But this is what works for me for now. Doubt I'll continue it like this long term but it's a good way to get me going the first month or two. Eventually will get to nixing the liquid protein drinks and just do easy chicken etc. Even if I have to buy the damn meat from the store in pieces!
I've been snacking on the rotisserie chicken all evening! I keep going back for more... Seems to bring out the cave girl in me.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #276
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
OMG my mother is just the same... To this day. She begins a diet practically every Monday and on and on it goes! Geez, it's all I remember growing up... She would constantly complain about her weight. Now it seems I've become her and sadly my daughter is now dieting. It's a vicious circle but I'm going to break it. I seriously think all the dieting made me fatter! It's like I started just wanting to lose a few pounds and then bang now it's around 50! I too have some things I want to change about myself... I fancy changing my hair colour and please don't think I'm vain but I've said when I get to goal I'm going to get some lip implants. I'm not vain, it's just as I'm getting older I've noticed my top lip looks thinner. I look good for my age but I think some plump lips could take some years off lol. I've found the surgeon I want to do the procedure, i def want it done, though I'm a little nervous.
Ya it's terrible. I still remember the 90s low fat diet craze like it was yesterday. My mom bought this product, can't recall what it was called. But it was zero fat and they made zero fat pringles. I remember even buying "baked" ramen noodles - no fat and lower calorie! It actually tasted really good. They eventually took that off the market too. Oye. The 90s. My mom bought a ton of zero fat products. She still believes it's about watching fat even today. She doesn't keep up with diet and nutrition, just uses old advice.

EDIT: I think it was called Olestra!

That's not vain at all! I actually have a wish list of stuff I'd like to get done LOL. But, some are half vanity and half other reasons. Like, I'm a terrible teeth grinder and it's not as bad. But bad enough where I had to have two teeth covered in resin. And two more coming. A lot of chipped teeth, but still not as bad as most patients. So I'd like veneers to cover the tops and bottom teeth. That will cost a pretty penny. And since I'm pale as snow, I'd get the really white ones. I found a place in Ohio or Idaho that specializes in it and offers a deal for out of town patients + 10+ veneers. So when the time comes, and money is saved, I want to do that.

For now, my vanity is laser treatments on new red stretch marks I got from Prednisone last two months. It will whiten them, but not fully remove them. Eventually, I can just get them lightened as well. And of course the tattoo removal. I don't regret my tattoos as much as I wish I placed them elsewhere. I found a place that has the only new high-tech laser that clears them in 4-6 sessions, and the price was amazingly affordable than the last generation. The derm told me they like to price them affordably so people who want laser treatment, can have them. Which kind of made me go hmmmm at my last quote almost a year ago at another business. The other place "knocked down the price" to make it a "bargain." One tattoo would have cost me $2500 for 4 sessions, while at this place I'll only pay $1280 for 4. Not to mention, it's a large tattoo. My little tattoo will only cost $320 where I was quoted $800 at the last place.

So ya. Vanity? I'm all for it. Especially when this weight gain makes me feel so crappy. So I'll make the self-improvements for me "ME" year. In recent months, I've also gotten into skin care more. And I see the improvements immediately using the Paula's Choice product line.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-15-2017 at 05:12 PM..
Old 01-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #277
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Quote:

Quote:
That's actually a really good way of looking at things... I guess when I focuss on the actual goal, it feels like I'm constantly pining for something and something that seems a million miles away at that. Then it all becomes overwhelming and I crumble. I worry too much about not making it! It will take some training but I'm really gonna try to live in the moment and stop these negative thought paterns.
I think the reason this works for me is: I really cannot control how much weight I lose. I can try my best, but I am not in control of whether I lose. (If we were in control of this, we would all already look like supermodels!)

I'm not in control of how much weight I lose, but I am in control of what I put into my mouth! That's the only thing I can control, and so that's what I focus on.

Losing weight -- well, I hope it happens, but I have to do my best and then let it go (like the princess sang).

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #278
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So ya. Vanity? I'm all for it. Especially when this weight gain makes me feel so crappy. So I'll make the self-improvements for me "ME" year. In recent months, I've also gotten into skin care more. And I see the improvements immediately using the Paula's Choice product line.
I don't see it as vanity! I see it as taking care of ourselves and being aware of how the world sees us. And who cares if we're doing it just for ourselves?

After about 15 years of orthodontics in various spurts going back to the age of 9, I am finally happy with how my teeth look! And I have no problem with getting work done on my face, and I plan to have my ta-tas done within the next couple years, just to undo what gravity's done to them. Vain? Whatevz!

Old 01-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #279
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't see it as vanity! I see it as taking care of ourselves and being aware of how the world sees us. And who cares if we're doing it just for ourselves?

After about 15 years of orthodontics in various spurts going back to the age of 9, I am finally happy with how my teeth look! And I have no problem with getting work done on my face, and I plan to have my ta-tas done within the next couple years, just to undo what gravity's done to them. Vain? Whatevz!
My 20's were mostly filled with working for the army, so I didn't have that "me" time. I barely had time for friends. So, looks like my 30s will be all about "me" time once I really get started.

That's great! The issue when you grind your teeth in your sleep is you get some teeth that start decaying, but not fully. I don't know the term for it, but the tooth on the bottom look yellow. So they pull down the gum to underneath it, which is still good, and cap it with a resin seal to prevent it from getting worse. I don't know if it prevents it from happening, or just protects that layer to avoid a future root canal. A remedy is a mouth guard, so I'm getting that done next week. I was told FOR YEARS it was due to brushing too hard, which never made sense. I did my own research, and found out that it was grinding. Apparently, this should have been obvious when my teeth were looked at even by technicians.

Oh, there's an awesome website called Real Self where I look into all my local derms / plastic surgeons. Worth a look! I've found a lot of doctors on there, all over the USA, that specialize in so many things. Some are much better than others. One dr locally looks like he does a terrible job at rhinoplasty (I need septoplasty + rhino so looking to see where insurance will cover me). But I found one place in NYC, but my insurance doesn't cover at that location. Ugh! But there's places that will do "fat transfer augmentations" and there was even one I heard of in FL that does a surgical mesh "lift" that is non-scarring.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-16-2017 at 01:21 AM..
Old 01-16-2017, 01:22 AM   #280
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! Today is the morning of day 7. My official week weigh in for the past 7 days will be tomorrow morning. So far, the scale jumped a bit - I'm sure due to eating food. But I know it's not true weight gain. So will see how the week goes!
Old 01-16-2017, 01:28 AM   #281
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think the reason this works for me is: I really cannot control how much weight I lose. I can try my best, but I am not in control of whether I lose. (If we were in control of this, we would all already look like supermodels!)

I'm not in control of how much weight I lose, but I am in control of what I put into my mouth! That's the only thing I can control, and so that's what I focus on.

Losing weight -- well, I hope it happens, but I have to do my best and then let it go (like the princess sang).
^^ That's a good mentality to have! That's where my thinking is this time around. Before, and for years, if I was trying to lose weight - the scale would dictate my day. So if I was up, even though I knew it might not have been true weight gain, I'd say.. ah F it. And ate what I want with that "I'll start again tomorrow" mentality. But that mentality doesn't work when it happens EVERYDAY for years. So, I agree def. I can control what I eat, but not the weight.

The time will pass anyways, so why waste it going back and forth with being on plan and off plan every other day? That's how my thinking is now. One day at a time. Or else what happens is you get into that game of losing and gaining the same weight, and really getting no where. I mean, how many times have I thought that I'd be at my goal weight by now if I had started x-amount of months ago - if ONLY I had stuck to plan? I'm sure I'm not the only one in here that's felt this way.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-16-2017 at 01:34 AM..
Old 01-16-2017, 07:25 AM   #282
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Good morning! I am starting to have some food cravings. I held it off by eating too many pork rinds and couple cups of decaf with 1/2 n 1/2.
Darn hormones are a pain! If I feel I need something today I will munch on a cucumber.

It should get easier tomorrow when the kids go back to school and schedules are back to normal.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #283
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ya it's terrible. I still remember the 90s low fat diet craze like it was yesterday. My mom bought this product, can't recall what it was called. But it was zero fat and they made zero fat pringles. I remember even buying "baked" ramen noodles - no fat and lower calorie! It actually tasted really good. They eventually took that off the market too. Oye. The 90s. My mom bought a ton of zero fat products. She still believes it's about watching fat even today. She doesn't keep up with diet and nutrition, just uses old advice.

EDIT: I think it was called Olestra!

That's not vain at all! I actually have a wish list of stuff I'd like to get done LOL. But, some are half vanity and half other reasons. Like, I'm a terrible teeth grinder and it's not as bad. But bad enough where I had to have two teeth covered in resin. And two more coming. A lot of chipped teeth, but still not as bad as most patients. So I'd like veneers to cover the tops and bottom teeth. That will cost a pretty penny. And since I'm pale as snow, I'd get the really white ones. I found a place in Ohio or Idaho that specializes in it and offers a deal for out of town patients + 10+ veneers. So when the time comes, and money is saved, I want to do that.

For now, my vanity is laser treatments on new red stretch marks I got from Prednisone last two months. It will whiten them, but not fully remove them. Eventually, I can just get them lightened as well. And of course the tattoo removal. I don't regret my tattoos as much as I wish I placed them elsewhere. I found a place that has the only new high-tech laser that clears them in 4-6 sessions, and the price was amazingly affordable than the last generation. The derm told me they like to price them affordably so people who want laser treatment, can have them. Which kind of made me go hmmmm at my last quote almost a year ago at another business. The other place "knocked down the price" to make it a "bargain." One tattoo would have cost me $2500 for 4 sessions, while at this place I'll only pay $1280 for 4. Not to mention, it's a large tattoo. My little tattoo will only cost $320 where I was quoted $800 at the last place.

Same here again... My mum is also on the low fat wagon! I remember she use to buy that low fat margerine. Funny how things change but we can remain stuck. My mum does lose weight but then she binges puts it all back on and so it starts again.

I saw an ad for stretch mark removal and wondered whether it actually worked or not. I have a few on the tops of my thighs. They are faded and don't bother me but I still wondered.

I've not heard of Paula's choice? Is it a celeb cream? I'm thinking Paula Abdul but that's the only American Paula I can think of off the top of my head. I recently invested in Darphin products and I have to say, they have made a real difference!

Here's to a "Me" year for us both!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:07 AM   #284
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I've had a much better day today. Just a day at a time not thinking too much about the end result. I did jump on the scale this afternoon (with a full belly) and I'm down 4lbs, not huge but I'll take it!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 AM   #285
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My 20's were mostly filled with working for the army, so I didn't have that "me" time. I barely had time for friends. So, looks like my 30s will be all about "me" time once I really get started.

That's great! The issue when you grind your teeth in your sleep is you get some teeth that start decaying, but not fully. I don't know the term for it, but the tooth on the bottom look yellow. So they pull down the gum to underneath it, which is still good, and cap it with a resin seal to prevent it from getting worse. I don't know if it prevents it from happening, or just protects that layer to avoid a future root canal. A remedy is a mouth guard, so I'm getting that done next week. I was told FOR YEARS it was due to brushing too hard, which never made sense. I did my own research, and found out that it was grinding. Apparently, this should have been obvious when my teeth were looked at even by technicians.

Oh, there's an awesome website called Real Self where I look into all my local derms / plastic surgeons. Worth a look! I've found a lot of doctors on there, all over the USA, that specialize in so many things. Some are much better than others. One dr locally looks like he does a terrible job at rhinoplasty (I need septoplasty + rhino so looking to see where insurance will cover me). But I found one place in NYC, but my insurance doesn't cover at that location. Ugh! But there's places that will do "fat transfer augmentations" and there was even one I heard of in FL that does a surgical mesh "lift" that is non-scarring.
Ha, I can't believe you mentioned Real Self!! I joined a week ago... It's where I found the surgeon for the Permalip!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #286
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all! Today is the morning of day 7. My official week weigh in for the past 7 days will be tomorrow morning. So far, the scale jumped a bit - I'm sure due to eating food. But I know it's not true weight gain. So will see how the week goes!
Well done on completing a week! Looking forward to seeing your numbers.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #287
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
^^ That's a good mentality to have! That's where my thinking is this time around. Before, and for years, if I was trying to lose weight - the scale would dictate my day. So if I was up, even though I knew it might not have been true weight gain, I'd say.. ah F it. And ate what I want with that "I'll start again tomorrow" mentality. But that mentality doesn't work when it happens EVERYDAY for years. So, I agree def. I can control what I eat, but not the weight.

The time will pass anyways, so why waste it going back and forth with being on plan and off plan every other day? That's how my thinking is now. One day at a time. Or else what happens is you get into that game of losing and gaining the same weight, and really getting no where. I mean, how many times have I thought that I'd be at my goal weight by now if I had started x-amount of months ago - if ONLY I had stuck to plan? I'm sure I'm not the only one in here that's felt this way.
Absolutely, I think we have all definitely felt that way. So true!
Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #288
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Good morning! I am starting to have some food cravings. I held it off by eating too many pork rinds and couple cups of decaf with 1/2 n 1/2.
Darn hormones are a pain! If I feel I need something today I will munch on a cucumber.

It should get easier tomorrow when the kids go back to school and schedules are back to normal.
That's a good thing. Ultimately you will still lose weight. It's like doing South Beach for a day but with less veg/salad. If the scale goes up it will just be water but you will still be burning fat and it will average out! Let's be honest... If every time we felt like caving we munched on cucumber this thread would be empty.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #289
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's a good thing. Ultimately you will still lose weight. It's like doing South Beach for a day but with less veg/salad. If the scale goes up it will just be water but you will still be burning fat and it will average out! Let's be honest... If every time we felt like caving we munched on cucumber this thread would be empty.
So true!
Old 01-16-2017, 10:36 AM   #290
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Monday !
I am back on plan

Now I need to make it stick , diet soda's were making me feel bloated I gave them to my son .. back to lemon water and chicken breast seasoned with fresh rosemary ..
Slim , you can mash your deviled egg yolks and whites together instead of filling the egg whites, if you like it as an egg salade

I hope you all have a great day !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #291
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Checking in again.... Looked at Real Self and it looks great! I'm in a major metropolitan area so I'll have lots of choices -- but I'll also have the high fees to match!

I've heard of Paula's Choice but never tried them. My personal vice is MUAC (Makeup Artist's Choice). I can't even count the $$ I've dropped on their products over the years, but they are *incredibly* high quality and worth the money. I'm using their Pumpkin exfoliating mask as I type! It looks like pumpkin pie filling... smells like pumpkin pie filling ... but WOW what it does for your skin! What I like about them is that they run frequent 20 or 25% off sales, and they sell samples of everything so you don't have to commit to an expensive purchase before you've had a chance to take a product for a test drive.

Same ol' same ol' for the last day.
Breakfast today: Black coffee.
Lunch: a piece of salmon (skin on!) and a HB egg.

Salmon is not technically on strict Stillman, at least I assume it isn't. He doesn't specify, but says "lean fish," which doesn't really include salmon. This is wild-caught salmon, and I've made a conscious decision to include it in this regimen when I'm feeling run-down. I think it'll help me.

I'm wary of saying that, because over the years, I've heard so many self-justifications (and I'm not immune to them myself). "Oh, I lose better if I have a donut after dinner." "Wine hardly has any carbs and it helps keep me on track," etc. But I've really thought about this, and I think I'll do better with the added natural omega-3s in salmon. I've been craving it terribly. There must be a reason. It's not just the relatively higher fat. (Even with the skin, it's still very lean.) When I'm craving fat, I find I'll daydream about almond butter or a big juicy steak. I think I'm craving the omega 3s, and my body must need them.

Since I've been working very hard on the Callanetics this time around, I think my body has different needs anyway. I didn't exercise much last time. Also, last time I did Stills I was still getting my period regularly. That seems to have stopped a couple months before I started this latest go-round.

I've been reading/listening to podcasts about the Fung fasting method. It's vaguely akin to the JUDDD method I had pretty good success maintaining with. I'm considering segueing into Fung at some point. I'm not that far off with Stills, honestly. My normal eating window now is about 8 hours. It wouldn't be hard to close it up to 6, then 5, and then possibly segue into a water fast.

I've ordered his book, "The Obesity Code," and also a book he cowrote with low-carb podcaster/author, Jimmy Moore, called "The Complete Guide to Fasting." I'm going to look into fasting as a possible way to continue weight loss when Stills stalls, and also as a maintenance method. Maintenance, as you all know, is the REAL challenge, and for me, if I'm failing to plan, I'm planning to fail!

Old 01-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #292
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Same here again... My mum is also on the low fat wagon! I remember she use to buy that low fat margerine. Funny how things change but we can remain stuck. My mum does lose weight but then she binges puts it all back on and so it starts again.

I saw an ad for stretch mark removal and wondered whether it actually worked or not. I have a few on the tops of my thighs. They are faded and don't bother me but I still wondered.

I've not heard of Paula's choice? Is it a celeb cream? I'm thinking Paula Abdul but that's the only American Paula I can think of off the top of my head. I recently invested in Darphin products and I have to say, they have made a real difference!

Here's to a "Me" year for us both!
Ugh margarine. I have a funny story on it though. My ex-bf used to buy "I can't believe it's not butter." I said to him one day, "You realize this isn't butter right?" He actually defended it, stating it was butter. I literally grabbed it, showed it to him, and read the ingredients and title. He DID NOT believe me until he asked his mother. I couldn't believe it. Like, it's not real butter!

Creams and such for stretch marks don't work. I mean, stretch mark "removal" isn't possible. You can lighten the reds, and even lighten the whites. You really have to look into it. The Vbeam laser can lighten the reds/purples, and apparently works great on new reds like the ones I have. I just happened to mention it during my tattoo removal appt and she told me they had it available, and looked at my marks. So, I'm doing a session with my tattoo removal and will do one every so tattoo removal session.

I haven't heard of the products you mention. But I had stumbled upon the products a long time ago and added them to my wishlist. Paula is a dermatologist and has several books out on skincare. She even has a site called Beautopia, I think it's called, that reviews the product ingredients of hers and other products. She hires a team out side her company for fair reviewing. It's probably the only skin care line I've seen noticeable improvements in fast.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #293
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I made some egg/sausage muffins. They are so yummy!
I used
12 eggs
1 lbs breakfast sausage
salt pepper and a little red pepper flakes ( made it spicy)
chives
1.5 cups shredded cheddar

Mix it all up

fill muffin tin 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I have a silicone muffin pan. The cups seem to be a little smaller than a regular one.
This batch made 21 muffins.

I threw them in a bag in the fridge.

1 minute in the micro and it was perfect as a quick meal. And did I mention it was yummy?
Old 01-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #294
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Checking in again.... Looked at Real Self and it looks great! I'm in a major metropolitan area so I'll have lots of choices -- but I'll also have the high fees to match!

I've heard of Paula's Choice but never tried them. My personal vice is MUAC (Makeup Artist's Choice). I can't even count the $$ I've dropped on their products over the years, but they are *incredibly* high quality and worth the money. I'm using their Pumpkin exfoliating mask as I type! It looks like pumpkin pie filling... smells like pumpkin pie filling ... but WOW what it does for your skin! What I like about them is that they run frequent 20 or 25% off sales, and they sell samples of everything so you don't have to commit to an expensive purchase before you've had a chance to take a product for a test drive.

Salmon is not technically on strict Stillman, at least I assume it isn't. He doesn't specify, but says "lean fish," which doesn't really include salmon. This is wild-caught salmon, and I've made a conscious decision to include it in this regimen when I'm feeling run-down. I think it'll help me.

I'm wary of saying that, because over the years, I've heard so many self-justifications (and I'm not immune to them myself). "Oh, I lose better if I have a donut after dinner." "Wine hardly has any carbs and it helps keep me on track," etc. But I've really thought about this, and I think I'll do better with the added natural omega-3s in salmon. I've been craving it terribly. There must be a reason. It's not just the relatively higher fat. (Even with the skin, it's still very lean.) When I'm craving fat, I find I'll daydream about almond butter or a big juicy steak. I think I'm craving the omega 3s, and my body must need them.

Since I've been working very hard on the Callanetics this time around, I think my body has different needs anyway. I didn't exercise much last time. Also, last time I did Stills I was still getting my period regularly. That seems to have stopped a couple months before I started this latest go-round.

I've been reading/listening to podcasts about the Fung fasting method. It's vaguely akin to the JUDDD method I had pretty good success maintaining with. I'm considering segueing into Fung at some point. I'm not that far off with Stills, honestly. My normal eating window now is about 8 hours. It wouldn't be hard to close it up to 6, then 5, and then possibly segue into a water fast.

I've ordered his book, "The Obesity Code," and also a book he cowrote with low-carb podcaster/author, Jimmy Moore, called "The Complete Guide to Fasting." I'm going to look into fasting as a possible way to continue weight loss when Stills stalls, and also as a maintenance method. Maintenance, as you all know, is the REAL challenge, and for me, if I'm failing to plan, I'm planning to fail!
I have used a couple Paula's Choice products and like them a lot.

You are working out. The demand is more than anyone not... I am sure you body needs a bit more fat than strict stillman allows.
You know how you feel better than anyone. If it helps, eat it.

I wish a donut after dinner helped me lose weight! That would be awesome.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #295
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I love Real Self! It makes it a lot easier to read reviews from others and here reviews from other people. The laser treatment I'm using for tattoo removal is so new, that I don't think anyone has posted about it for tattoo removal. It actually surprises me. But even my derm said that they are the only one in our area with it unless you drive 5 hours away.

I've heard of that Pumpkin exfoliating mask from several websites considering it a top item to get! I'll have to look into it. The biggest thing I did was start using AHAs, BHAs and 1% retinol. And the difference it made in my skin is so noticeable. Before, I'd look in the mirror and think to myself, "ok I'm starting to look old and not just because I have more weight on me." The weight makes me look a lot older, but my skin was just so dull. I really don't have wrinkling or anything like that. Just some slight under eye creases that are light and more noticeable with makeup. But my skin just looked dehydrated and dull. So this stuff helped a lot! I spent a pretty penny on some Paula's Choice products but I don't regret it a bit!

I'd be interested in what Jimmy has to say about protein and glucose. One blog I recently saw a comment on mentioned that's where a lot of confusion on glucose turning to carbs came from. Not too sure if that's true. I've heard (online) for a long time about how eating too much protein converts protein to glucose. But every study I've read, and even other blogs citing the studies, have studies spread from 1915 to current stating the opposite is true. I remember reading one just this morning where a study I think in 1936 tried to prove that 160gr of protein is the equivalent to 80 grams of gluclose in the blood stream. They couldn't get any subjects blood sugar to spike to prove their hypothesis, and it didn't turn to sugar. So I'm not too sold either way without more evidence.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #296
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I was only up .4 from last week when I weighed in so even though I had that 3lb gain and then a meal off plan it didn't put me off to far by then end of the week!

Lots of posts to catch up on! You guys have been chatty, I like to see that! It helps keep me on plan!

Hope everyone had a good Monday.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 AM   #297
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!

Looks like my official first-week weight loss is.... 8lbs! Lost the "food weight gain" and am back to where I was on the morning of day 4. Go figure! But I know 8lbs is still good. Would like to lose 6-8lbs for my second week weigh in.

I meant to drink an extra Isopure to make it a total of four, and just didn't feel like it when the time came lol. Not because I wasn't hungry, but because I was trying to catch up on my water. I was shy of 8 cups again. I really gotta work on that.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-17-2017 at 01:05 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 04:02 AM   #298
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Monday !
I am back on plan

Now I need to make it stick , diet soda's were making me feel bloated I gave them to my son .. back to lemon water and chicken breast seasoned with fresh rosemary ..
Slim , you can mash your deviled egg yolks and whites together instead of filling the egg whites, if you like it as an egg salade

I hope you all have a great day !
Hey Still, how's it going? Yes I do mash them hot with mustard and mayo. I like them hot. I guess you couldn't reheat eggs once cooled? Like if I boil them and refrigerate then mash them up later? Maybe nuke in the microwave? Not sure... Wouldn't want to get ill.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:06 AM   #299
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I honestly loose really well eating salmon. I buy wild red sockeye ad it has far less oil than the pink. In fact, I find if you don't cook it properly it can be dry. It's lovely though. I think its in a world of its own compared to pink salmon!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:09 AM   #300
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ugh margarine. I have a funny story on it though. My ex-bf used to buy "I can't believe it's not butter." I said to him one day, "You realize this isn't butter right?" He actually defended it, stating it was butter. I literally grabbed it, showed it to him, and read the ingredients and title. He DID NOT believe me until he asked his mother. I couldn't believe it. Like, it's not real butter!

Creams and such for stretch marks don't work. I mean, stretch mark "removal" isn't possible. You can lighten the reds, and even lighten the whites. You really have to look into it. The Vbeam laser can lighten the reds/purples, and apparently works great on new reds like the ones I have. I just happened to mention it during my tattoo removal appt and she told me they had it available, and looked at my marks. So, I'm doing a session with my tattoo removal and will do one every so tattoo removal session.

I haven't heard of the products you mention. But I had stumbled upon the products a long time ago and added them to my wishlist. Paula is a dermatologist and has several books out on skincare. She even has a site called Beautopia, I think it's called, that reviews the product ingredients of hers and other products. She hires a team out side her company for fair reviewing. It's probably the only skin care line I've seen noticeable improvements in fast.
Oh yes, the dreaded, what I call " I can't believe you can't believe it's not butter!"

Be interested to see how the laser works out do keep us informed!

I want to try this Pumpkin scrub you are all talking about... What's it called again?