Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2017, 03:14 AM   #301
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Yesterday I made some egg/sausage muffins. They are so yummy!
I used
12 eggs
1 lbs breakfast sausage
salt pepper and a little red pepper flakes ( made it spicy)
chives
1.5 cups shredded cheddar

Mix it all up

fill muffin tin 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I have a silicone muffin pan. The cups seem to be a little smaller than a regular one.
This batch made 21 muffins.

I threw them in a bag in the fridge.

1 minute in the micro and it was perfect as a quick meal. And did I mention it was yummy?
I used to make mock mc Donald's sausage an egg mc muffin on Stillmans! I used lots of herbs and onion powder in the mix and a slice of LF cheese? I'd then put them in an Oopsie or Atkins style rev roll with a poached egg. Delicious! Thanks for the reminder!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2017, 06:05 AM   #302
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
OK so I'm starting to add food. My body is screaming for it a little so I think I'll just have to nix the liquid protein fast idea for now. I'll still use the drinks I have to increase my protein intake, but not fast for a bit.

Surprisingly, 3 hard boiled eggs and low fat cottage cheese were a very filling breakfast. I have some canned chicken I can have later. The only thing I don't like is the serving sizes are way off. I use a food scale, and there is nowhere near as much meat as the can says. So one can is barely 4oz. :/ Sigh. I'll be going to the store later, so maybe that idea will change.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #303
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Tuesday !
I lost weight and surprisingly 3lbs from yesterday , IMHO, mostly water weight, I will take it .. Now ladies if I can lose these 7lbs of Christmas/new year weight as quickly to boot ..
I had my usual lemon water and the espresso in the AM.

Mid-Afternoon lunch and supper rosemary chicken breast.

Espresso , lemon water, water plain throughout the day and tea with supper .. today I may have an egg white for breakfast if I am not running late ..

Busy day ahead and it is rainy however, better than being snowed in, I say..

I followed a 20 min. morning yoga stretching routine and I should be good to go .

I have my eye on a very sexy red velvet dress Valentines day wish list

Have a great day everyone!
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #304
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yesterday I made some egg/sausage muffins. They are so yummy!
I used
12 eggs
1 lbs breakfast sausage
salt pepper and a little red pepper flakes ( made it spicy)
chives
1.5 cups shredded cheddar

Mix it all up

fill muffin tin 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

I have a silicone muffin pan. The cups seem to be a little smaller than a regular one.
This batch made 21 muffins.

I threw them in a bag in the fridge.

1 minute in the micro and it was perfect as a quick meal. And did I mention it was yummy?
yummy ! I am going to enjoy this delish recipe as soon as I add dairy back to my plan ..
Old 01-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #305
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I was only up .4 from last week when I weighed in so even though I had that 3lb gain and then a meal off plan it didn't put me off to far by then end of the week!

Lots of posts to catch up on! You guys have been chatty, I like to see that! It helps keep me on plan!

Hope everyone had a good Monday.
That's great Mar you got this !
Old 01-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #306
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey Still, how's it going? Yes I do mash them hot with mustard and mayo. I like them hot. I guess you couldn't reheat eggs once cooled? Like if I boil them and refrigerate then mash them up later? Maybe nuke in the microwave? Not sure... Wouldn't want to get ill.
Slim, I wouldn't worry too much the way you like your eggs sounds just fine to me .. Heating and reheating is definitely not a good egg

Last edited by StillTheOne; 01-17-2017 at 07:28 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #307
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Just ordered hair colour from esalon and had a really good phone consultation. So far I'm super impressed! I just can't keep paying £120 plus every 6 weeks plus I relax my hair so it gets stupidly expensive. They have amazing reviews. A stylist selects the colours based on a consultation online but me being me I phoned them... No problem. Super excited... They are going to give me a seperate colour for my ends to lift it and make sure it's not too dark which I don't want. I went for darkest brown natural gold, which is basically a dark brown with rich gold tones...

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-17-2017 at 08:31 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #308
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Just ordered hair colour from esalon and had a really good phone consultation. So far I'm super impressed! I just can't keep paying £120 plus every 6 weeks plus I relax my hair so it gets stupidly expensive. They have amazing reviews. A stylist selects the colours based on a consultation online but me being me I phoned them... No problem. Super excited... They are going to give me a seperate colour for my ends to lift it and make sure it's not too dark which I don't want. I went for darkest brown natural gold, which is basically a dark brown with rich gold tones...
That's good! I will have to look into that. I have short hair and it still costs me $150 every 6 weeks! I like my stylist but it's a little crazy!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #309
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That's good! I will have to look into that. I have short hair and it still costs me $150 every 6 weeks! I like my stylist but it's a little crazy!
I know!!! I add treatments etc on top of that. Its just too much! So far they have been brilliant. The stylist I spoke to knew his stuff! Let's see what the colour is like. I've not read a bad review yet so I'm positive!

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-17-2017 at 08:45 AM..
Old 01-17-2017, 08:48 AM   #310
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Slim, I wouldn't worry too much the way you like your eggs sounds just fine to me .. Heating and reheating is definitely not a good egg
Thought not!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #311
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I am struggling today pretty badly. I am thinking of having dinner off plan and getting right back on tomorrow morning. By off I just mean adding enough carbs to probably knock me out of ketosis but not a carb fest. Fish tacos I think... Right now it is just a thought.

I have to remember this is a year long journey for me and that I am going to have to be flexible with myself from time to time to avoid what I have done in the past. More rambling!

Quote:
I have heard nothing but great things about them. I am thinking of doing it myself. You will have to let me know how it works for you. My only issue is that I have dark auburn hair with blond streaks. Might be hard to dye around the streaks. I may have to look it up.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #312
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am struggling today pretty badly. I am thinking of having dinner off plan and getting right back on tomorrow morning. By off I just mean adding enough carbs to probably knock me out of ketosis but not a carb fest. Fish tacos I think... Right now it is just a thought.

I have to remember this is a year long journey for me and that I am going to have to be flexible with myself from time to time to avoid what I have done in the past. More rambling!

I have heard nothing but great things about them. I am thinking of doing it myself. You will have to let me know how it works for you. My only issue is that I have dark auburn hair with blond streaks. Might be hard to dye around the streaks. I may have to look it up.
That's the right attitude, then back straight after. No guilt!

You can call them. I'm having slightly lighter ends than the roots. They are very imformative!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #313
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bSkinny
WOE: Stillmans/Very Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2015
I seriously can't wait to weigh on Saturday ! I might get a scale and say *f* it
I'm bored with chicken and hot sauce it's all I have been eating .
Salmon is what GT said worked for her ! I should dig deep into my pockets and buy salmon ( wild caught )
I seriously should update my avatar I haven't been blonde for years

All this chat about aging has me worried gosh I'm in my mid 20s , rn I should prep for the future me !

makemeslim I stuff the egg with ham and cheddar cheese add mustard and mayonnaise it's not warm it's chilled .
Love2bSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:39 AM   #314
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post

All this chat about aging has me worried gosh I'm in my mid 20s , rn I should prep for the future me !
The early you start, the better! I always said I'd start early.. and then just got busy. So past few months I started taking it more seriously. Highly recommend Paula's Choice. They even have anti-aging products for those with even acne prone skin. It's great! I'm actually going to my derm soon to ask for prescription retinol to add to my routine.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:57 AM   #315
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Day 9 here.

This was what I ate yesterday:

B: 1 serving collagen peptides, 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 serving 2% cottage cheese
L: 4 oz chicken
S: Isopure Zero Carb drink
D: 4 oz chicken w/ 1 tbsp mayo

OK so the mayo wasn't on plan, but it was sooo good. Made it a lot more palatable to down the chicken for dinner. I'll go to the store this morning and look for a mayo that is lower in fat, and perhaps made with olive oil.

Either than that, the one calorie counter program I use online kept giving different results for nutrition for the chicken. Some even stated carbs in them. The problem is, I really don't know since it differs (online atleast) from chicken meat to rotisserie chicken. But buying the rotisserie made chickens just makes my life easier right now. I bought 3 packages of unflavored shredded rotisserie chicken yesterday and that will last me a few days.

Snuck on the scale and it was up 2 oz. Even though I ate more than my "gain" the other day, I'm thinking it's because I bought regular unflavored chicken vs a flavored one. Unfortunately, it does not tell me the calories / fat / carbs on either package. So I'm going with what online programs say for "chicken meat" which is approximately 271 calories, 15gr fat, 0 carbs, and 31 gr protein for 4 oz.

But I had a feeling that the flavored kind contributed to the temporary gain either through salt or some other means. I think I was right! But, I really didn't want to see the scale go up vs going down. So I'm starting to track daily right now as I'm eating. I actually think I need more water. Even though I've started drinking up to 8 cups a day, I still wake up with dry mouth. Perhaps due to the higher protein? Not sure. So will aim for 10-12 cups today. Oye! Downing 4 cups now before my two cups of morning tea.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-18-2017 at 01:10 AM..
Old 01-18-2017, 03:44 AM   #316
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Had my meal off and I think I feel better. Ready to tackle another round of stillmans.
I test my blood sugar every morning and when on plan my number is great...One meal off and it shoots up. Not as bad as when I am real really off plan but it does go up. It is definitely a reminder that I have to stay low carb to keep that under control. Hopefully it will get better as i lose more weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post

OK so the mayo wasn't on plan, but it was sooo good. Made it a lot more palatable to down the chicken for dinner. I'll go to the store this morning and look for a mayo that is lower in fat, and perhaps made with olive oil.

Either than that, the one calorie counter program I use online kept giving different results for nutrition for the chicken. Some even stated carbs in them. The problem is, I really don't know since it differs (online atleast) from chicken meat to rotisserie chicken. But buying the rotisserie made chickens just makes my life easier right now. I bought 3 packages of unflavored shredded rotisserie chicken yesterday and that will last me a few days.

Snuck on the scale and it was up 2 oz. Even though I ate more than my "gain" the other day, I'm thinking it's because I bought regular unflavored chicken vs a flavored one. Unfortunately, it does not tell me the calories / fat / carbs on either package. So I'm going with what online programs say for "chicken meat" which is approximately 271 calories, 15gr fat, 0 carbs, and 31 gr protein for 4 oz.

But I had a feeling that the flavored kind contributed to the temporary gain either through salt or some other means. I think I was right! But, I really didn't want to see the scale go up vs going down. So I'm starting to track daily right now as I'm eating. I actually think I need more water. Even though I've started drinking up to 8 cups a day, I still wake up with dry mouth. Perhaps due to the higher protein? Not sure. So will aim for 10-12 cups today. Oye! Downing 4 cups now before my two cups of morning tea.
Mayo definitely help! I use Dukes because it is sugar free. I believe there are others out there too.
Rotisserie chicken calories I know can very depending on where you got it. Some places use sugar in the basting and or the seasoning. It is frustrating.
I get really dry mouth when I am in ketosis. Maybe it is the same for you.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #317
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Had my meal off and I think I feel better. Ready to tackle another round of stillmans.
I test my blood sugar every morning and when on plan my number is great...One meal off and it shoots up. Not as bad as when I am real really off plan but it does go up. It is definitely a reminder that I have to stay low carb to keep that under control. Hopefully it will get better as i lose more weight.

Mayo definitely help! I use Dukes because it is sugar free. I believe there are others out there too.
Rotisserie chicken calories I know can very depending on where you got it. Some places use sugar in the basting and or the seasoning. It is frustrating.
I get really dry mouth when I am in ketosis. Maybe it is the same for you.
I was just at the store. I saw the Dukes brand but had never heard of it so I didn't look at it. And I was a little disappointed with the Hellman's and the other brands. The olive oil versions really are kind of a scam. The ingredients are the exact same - but they add olive oil. My thinking was that they replaced the soybean oil and they don't. Oye! So got the lite for now, and will use that. Will luke at the Dule's brand later.

The last I estimated my calories, they were in the 1000-1200 range. I'm not entirely sure if that is true, but I'll go with that for now.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #318
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post
I seriously can't wait to weigh on Saturday ! I might get a scale and say *f* it
I'm bored with chicken and hot sauce it's all I have been eating .
Salmon is what GT said worked for her ! I should dig deep into my pockets and buy salmon ( wild caught )
I seriously should update my avatar I haven't been blonde for years

makemeslim I stuff the egg with ham and cheddar cheese add mustard and mayonnaise it's not warm it's chilled .
Yep salmon is good!

What colour is your hair now? My AV is from 2010! It's only my mouth tho so

That does sound good. I did buy some ham this am but I ate it straight out of the pack!

Having a slightly off plan lunch today and a glass of vino... Not too many carbs back on in time for dinner.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:28 AM   #319
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I buy plain... Our seasoned ones have sugar in them. Dextrose.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:30 AM   #320
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yep salmon is good!

What colour is your hair now? My AV is from 2010! It's only my mouth tho so

That does sound good. I did buy some ham this am but I ate it straight out of the pack!

Having a slightly off plan lunch today and a glass of vino... Not too many carbs back on in time for dinner.
Enjoy lunch!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:39 AM   #321
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Went early this morning for my official gym weigh in. I was 193.2 on the 1st weigh in for the program on the 4th. Today I am 187.8.so that's down 5.4 pounds! I will take it. I know I'm probably less than that because I actually felt heavy today compared to before my fall. I asked the guy at the gym and he confirmed it could be the case with the amount of bruises and the swelling that there's additional water weight. Add in my TOM and bloating on top of that and well I'm really happy to even be down at all. Next weigh in is the 1st and I'm hoping to be as close to 180 as I can.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #322
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

OK guys, I'm a bit irritated.

I got served a summons today, but it's not an actual summons for court - it's just to answer to this company. So, I call them and I'm literally CLUELESS on what this is for. The woman I spoke to really didn't understand my paperwork either, except for that it appears to be some loan I was paying on in 2010 - 2012. Which is more confusing to me because I did not have a loan I was paying during that time period. I had a car loan from 2011 - 2013 and turned that into a dealership to be paid off to get my leased car.

So, I'm still just as clueless because I know I didn't have any other loans out there. I was unemployed most of late 2011 - 2012, and my only payments included a car payment, insurance, and a phone. But the dates do not add up at all since I turned in my car in June 2013 to a dealership so I can get my lease. I will be so pissed if somehow this has to do with that, and they dealership, somehow, did not pay it off. Not only that, but I believe it was through a different bank entirely than stated on my paperwork. I could be wrong, but I can't recall that far back.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-18-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #323
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I got served a summons today, but it's not an actual summons for court - it's just to answer to this company. So, I call them and I'm literally CLUELESS on what this is for. The woman I spoke to really didn't understand my paperwork either, except for that it appears to be some loan I was paying on in 2010 - 2012. Which is more confusing to me because I did not have a loan I was paying during that time period. I had a car loan from 2011 - 2013 and turned that into a dealership to be paid off to get my leased car.

So, I'm still just as clueless because I know I didn't have any other loans out there. I was unemployed most of late 2011 - 2012, and my only payments included a car payment, insurance, and a phone. But the dates do not add up at all since I turned in my car in June 2013 to a dealership so I can get my lease. I will be so pissed if somehow this has to do with that, and they dealership, somehow, did not pay it off. Not only that, but I believe it was through a different bank entirely than stated on my paperwork. I could be wrong, but I can't recall that far back.

Careful it is not a company trying to get personal info. So many scams going around anymore...
Old 01-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #324
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
I agree with Bratty, IWMTW. Sounds like a scam to me. They might be trying to scare you into giving personal or financial info.

Meanwhile, I finally hit the wall today. I nearly totally fasted yesterday -- just had one or two small chicken tenderloins and salmon. But today I couldn't work any more. My job takes a lot of concentration and thought, and my brain has been foggy for a week. My energy was bottoming out. Finally, the work kept piling up and my ability to do it got less and less. Coffee and tea didn't help. I had 2 small packages of peanuts and immediately was able to get my work done. No further cravings, I'm happy to report! Eating my salmon dinner now.

Love2beSkinny, I buy my wild-caught Alaska Sockeye salmon at Costco. It's pretty reasonably priced. It's frozen and vacuum-packed in individual servings, which is handy because I can defrost a couple at a time in the fridge. Check it out if you have access to a Costco!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #325
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Unfortunately, not a scam. I got a summons from my county clerk in person to call them. If things are not fixed with this company, the county clerk I called and spoke to told me this goes to court. The paperwork is legit. Already has a court index number and a stamp for my local court. :/

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-19-2017 at 01:02 AM..
Old 01-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #326
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Today is day 10 already. Time is sure passing fast.

My weight loss has really slowed down, so hoping that will eventually catch up. I did drop down again on the scale to a new number at least, but nothing significant in terms of a good loss. I didn't eat much yesterday, mostly because I just didn't feel like eating as opposed to being hungry. I feel like today will be catch up on some food. I'm half tempted to cook up one of my Atkins meals today.

I am not working out yet, and don't really want to start until I see that my stepdads foreclosure doesn't happen. Only because I'm pinching my savings right now until I hear otherwise. So I'm waiting to join the gym until that time comes. I'm helping him put in an application where a NY program will pay off his back taxes. He should be approved, but I found this place with the clock really ticking. His court date is in two weeks, and we still are waiting on one piece of paper from his mortgage company to send. In the meantime, I was told we can send it to at least start that process.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-19-2017 at 02:00 AM..
Old 01-19-2017, 02:05 AM   #327
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Meanwhile, I finally hit the wall today. I nearly totally fasted yesterday -- just had one or two small chicken tenderloins and salmon. But today I couldn't work any more. My job takes a lot of concentration and thought, and my brain has been foggy for a week. My energy was bottoming out. Finally, the work kept piling up and my ability to do it got less and less. Coffee and tea didn't help. I had 2 small packages of peanuts and immediately was able to get my work done. No further cravings, I'm happy to report! Eating my salmon dinner now.
I pretty much didn't eat much yesterday myself. That's great on the peanuts helping, and no cravings. I'm feeling on / off weak, but not brain fogged yet. I might add more calories today and hard boil some eggs, and maybe have an Atkins pizza I have on hand. Not really craving too much but I have been hungry even when I do eat. But funny thing is half the time, I just don't feel like eating. Like, it requires work to eat that bland chicken.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:58 AM   #328
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Went early this morning for my official gym weigh in. I was 193.2 on the 1st weigh in for the program on the 4th. Today I am 187.8.so that's down 5.4 pounds! I will take it. I know I'm probably less than that because I actually felt heavy today compared to before my fall. I asked the guy at the gym and he confirmed it could be the case with the amount of bruises and the swelling that there's additional water weight. Add in my TOM and bloating on top of that and well I'm really happy to even be down at all. Next weigh in is the 1st and I'm hoping to be as close to 180 as I can.
Congrats! You had a fall?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #329
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Oh dear... Can you get some sort of legal advice?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:02 AM   #330
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
I agree with Bratty, IWMTW. Sounds like a scam to me. They might be trying to scare you into giving personal or financial info.

Love2beSkinny, I buy my wild-caught Alaska Sockeye salmon at Costco. It's pretty reasonably priced. It's frozen and vacuum-packed in individual servings, which is handy because I can defrost a couple at a time in the fridge. Check it out if you have access to a Costco!
Lurve Sockeye it's the best IMO