Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #91
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I forgot to post my menu this morning.

I had beef lunch meat and cheese, 4 hb eggs, rotisserie chicken and more cheese.

I tried to make homemade hot cocoa, it was drinkable but not great.... it curbed my chocolate craving though so it worked! Lol

It's 830 on a Saturday night and I am about to go to bed so I don't eat out of boredom... I feel committed to this, this time, hopefully it pays off!

Last edited by Mar922; 01-07-2017 at 07:45 PM..
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #92
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member
 
EyesOnPrize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 194
Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Finally getting over this awful cold. Had a lot more energy today, whether because of recovering or because I've been on strict Stills for 6 days, I couldn't say.

B: scrambled eggs, no fat
L: about 1/2 lb of sliced turkey cold cuts
D: fried eggs, no fat
Snack: about 1/2 lb of sliced turkey cold cuts

The bad news is that I don't appear to have lost any weight yet (put on pants today for the first time since Wednesday! ). The good news is I did a full hour of Callanetics and it kicked my butt! I'll stay the course, weight loss or no. I'm due for a whoosh!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:30 AM   #93
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
My difference this time is I am not being so militant about it. I am eating higher fat and If I have to have a meal off for whatever reason, I am going to. (without stress) I am also making sure to get in as much activity as my ankle will allow. It still has not fully recovered so I am limited. I aim for either a 20 minute walk on my treadmill or a 20 minute ride on the recumbent bike. I will do more as my body adapts.
I broke my goals into small goals. Hopefully all this helps this time.
Sounds like a plan! I forgot about your ankle... Sorry you are still having issues with it. I really need to incorporate some sort of exercise. I'm seriously considering buying a treadmill.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 AM   #94
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I had a great day on plan yesterday and was down a lb today. I am happy my weight is finally moving and hope this keeps up!

We have a dinner tonight but I picked a restaurant where I can eat only meat! So aside from the possibility of too much salt I will be on plan all day.

Today's menu:

- lunch meat (not sure what type o just grabbed from th fridge lol) and cheese
- 16 oz steak
- restaurant meat

Hope everyone has a great Friday! For a short week it was really long...
Congrats on the pound!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 AM   #95
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Had another great day on plan. Did not get on the scale though.
Yesterday I made some garlic "cloud bread" and made a very yummy turkey and pepper jack cheese sandwich. These little hacks keep me sane and give my will power a little boost. My daughter made chocolate covered popcorn for her band teacher yesterday with plenty of leftovers... I struggled for a few minutes while they were actively eating it but after that I was fine. So happy I did not cave in to temptation.

I hope you all are doing OK.
Well done Bratty!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:36 AM   #96
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I private messaged you the site that has it.

3 eggs, separated
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)

Mix egg yolks, cream cheese and any flavoring in one bowl till mostly smooth.
Mix egg white and baking powder or cream of tartar in another bowl until stiff peaks. It takes about 4-5 minutes with my electric hand mixer.
Fold yolk mix into egg white mix.
Put spoonfuls on baking sheets lined with baking (parchment) paper (lightly greased) I use about a quarter cup or a but more. Depends how big you want them.
I used foil sprayed with Pam and it worked ok. They came off pretty easy with a spatula.
Cook for 25-30 minutes at 300 degrees (oven) They will be light to golden brown.
These are what I know as oopsie rolls... I think it was Cleopatra a user on another site that originally came up with the recipe? She forgot to put in an ingredient thus the name Oopsie. This even works with light mayo, which is what I use. Come to think of it, maybe she created the Mayo ones? I can't remember now, confused,lol. They are great but I'm always too lazy to make them for some reason... I might make a batch today...

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-08-2017 at 12:43 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 AM   #97
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Ugh... I've been getting myself off track and being really half hearted about it. I have been having a great start to my day but keep screwing up at dinner by eating carbs. This has made the scale stay exactly the same for 4 days

So this morning when I weighed the same despite my efforts I just thought, if I don't put in 100 % effort, I'm not going to lose any more weight. I was wondering if I was mostly depleting my body of carbs then giving in to the cravings caused me to retain enough water to just keep me the same weight? I did have a calorie deficit, but maybe since my body hasn't gotten into a fully ketogenic state again yet I'm stuck? It really sounds like I have too much time on my hands!

Anyways, long story short - I gave 100 percent today and am now suffering the effects of keto flu. Hoping tomorrow will go well too, we have a birthday party to go to that they will be serving burgers and hot dogs at, but also ice cream and cake that I will have to avoid. Hopefully the scale will show a drop and give me a little extra motivation to stick to plan tomorrow.
Broth is good for Keto flu. Contrary to what most think, we need the sodium etc. Add some pink Himalayan salt to your food.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #98
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I weighed this morning at 222.4 That is a loss of 8.8 with 6 days on plan.

I weighed because tonight is my mil's birthday dinner. They have steak on the menu but it is ridiculously expensive. I may have to eat off plan for tonight. I will just pick the least damaging thing I can. I will not let it derail me. I will be right back on like it never happened. No dessert!
You're rocking this BratyyS. Go you!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:50 AM   #99
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Oh, I know that feeling so well! Have you tried reframing it? In other words, telling yourself, "I *deserve* to look great and have my friends look me up and down with amazement and admiration! I *deserve* to fit into those special clothes I'm saving! I *deserve* to enjoy clothes shopping and not dread a lecture when I visit the doctor! I do not deserve to be derailed from all that good stuff by some stupid crybaby toddler voice in my head whining that she can't have everything she wants the second she wants it! She'll take the food I give her and she'll like it, 'cause I'm the boss!"

This is the kind of self-talk that works for me when I'm visited by the "I DESERVE" devil on my shoulder!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:51 AM   #100
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
I think I was right... lost 2.5 pounds yesterday and look WAY less bloated. Now if I can just get through this weekend without going off plan, I should be set!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:00 AM   #101
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
So... Today will be my first true Stillman day, simply because I had drum sticks and sirloin steak that needed eating and my freezer is jam packed. I bought a crockpot (they're not a big thing here in the UK but I often hear members here talk about them). It was delivered yesterday. Last night I put some extra lean beef, chives, garlic, celery salt, herbs, mustard and organic beef stock cubes in the pot. Woke up this morning and OMG! Devine! The only thing was, despite using extra lean diced beef there was still a film of fat on the top... I had to skim it off. I think next time, I'll boil the beef first and then drain it before adding it to the pot. I'm going to make the same dish with chicken breasts when I've eaten this lot. I might even attempt a turkey mince soup? Such an easy way to cook and practically effortless.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-08-2017 at 01:09 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:58 AM   #102
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member
 
IWasMadeThisWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 393
Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing a liquid protein fast for a few weeks, which is pretty close to Stillman's. It's boring but simple.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:47 AM   #103
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member
 
EyesOnPrize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 194
Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing a liquid protein fast for a few weeks, which is pretty close to Stillman's. It's boring but simple.
Welcome back, IWMTW! I remember you from my first go-round on Stillman! Stills is definitely "boring but simple," so you've got a lot in common w/us! Let us know how you do. Your diet sounds intriguing. Is it a doctor's Rx or something you buy or something you make or...?
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:49 AM   #104
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing a liquid protein fast for a few weeks, which is pretty close to Stillman's. It's boring but simple.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:49 AM   #105
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Good news... Spoke to Mim and she'll back on the boards in a few days!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #106
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Last night was great! We went to a high end restaurant. I was most definitely not on plan for it but I did not over indulge. At the end I did have a little flour-less chocolate cake and a few bites of gelato.(never had it before) I could not help my self. Today, no regrets. It was a great time spent with beloved family and enjoying some different types of food I will probably never eat again. (we all shared our food so we could all have a taste of the crazy things this place serves.)

Back on plan today! This makes 1 week down of my year long weight loss plan. I am up .2 from yesterday but down 8.6 for the week. Right on track!.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #107
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Great to see you all jumpy for January !
Happy Sunday !
I plan on starting Stillmans QWL on Monday .
Today I weighed in, I gained 8lbs over the holidays plus the whatever I gained before well , I have some serious work here. I want 140 !

I have leftover pork loin to eat as well as eggs and sausage for the week. Tomorrow I will start with hard boiled eggs .

I need to add exercise this year , each year I keep saying it but never do

Today I am going to eat vegan/vegetarian as many veggies & fruits that I'm going to miss.. but hey, seriously they have to go along with this weight right ? !

We had some light snow the weather is cold .. before too long spring will be here and off with the layers .. keeping my fingers crossed for 140lbs

Have a great day everyone !!
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #108
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I forgot to post my menu this morning.

I had beef lunch meat and cheese, 4 hb eggs, rotisserie chicken and more cheese.

I tried to make homemade hot cocoa, it was drinkable but not great.... it curbed my chocolate craving though so it worked! Lol

It's 830 on a Saturday night and I am about to go to bed so I don't eat out of boredom... I feel committed to this, this time, hopefully it pays off!
Hope you see drop! Your food looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Finally getting over this awful cold. Had a lot more energy today, whether because of recovering or because I've been on strict Stills for 6 days, I couldn't say.

B: scrambled eggs, no fat
L: about 1/2 lb of sliced turkey cold cuts
D: fried eggs, no fat
Snack: about 1/2 lb of sliced turkey cold cuts

The bad news is that I don't appear to have lost any weight yet (put on pants today for the first time since Wednesday! ). The good news is I did a full hour of Callanetics and it kicked my butt! I'll stay the course, weight loss or no. I'm due for a whoosh!
Glad your cold is getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
So... Today will be my first true Stillman day, simply because I had drum sticks and sirloin steak that needed eating and my freezer is jam packed. I bought a crockpot (they're not a big thing here in the UK but I often hear members here talk about them). It was delivered yesterday. Last night I put some extra lean beef, chives, garlic, celery salt, herbs, mustard and organic beef stock cubes in the pot. Woke up this morning and OMG! Devine! The only thing was, despite using extra lean diced beef there was still a film of fat on the top... I had to skim it off. I think next time, I'll boil the beef first and then drain it before adding it to the pot. I'm going to make the same dish with chicken breasts when I've eaten this lot. I might even attempt a turkey mince soup? Such an easy way to cook and practically effortless.
I loved doing chicken in the slow cooker. It shreds easily. Such a time saver for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing a liquid protein fast for a few weeks, which is pretty close to Stillman's. It's boring but simple.
Welcome back! What protein shakes are you using? I have thought about grabbing some for a quick out the door back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Good news... Spoke to Mim and she'll back on the boards in a few days!
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #109
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Last night was great! We went to a high end restaurant. I was most definitely not on plan for it but I did not over indulge. At the end I did have a little flour-less chocolate cake and a few bites of gelato.(never had it before) I could not help my self. Today, no regrets. It was a great time spent with beloved family and enjoying some different types of food I will probably never eat again. (we all shared our food so we could all have a taste of the crazy things this place serves.)

Back on plan today! This makes 1 week down of my year long weight loss plan. I am up .2 from yesterday but down 8.6 for the week. Right on track!.
Glad you enjoyed your meal. Great weekly loss!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #110
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Great to see you all jumpy for January !
Happy Sunday !
I plan on starting Stillmans QWL on Monday .
Today I weighed in, I gained 8lbs over the holidays plus the whatever I gained before well , I have some serious work here. I want 140 !

I have leftover pork loin to eat as well as eggs and sausage for the week. Tomorrow I will start with hard boiled eggs .

I need to add exercise this year , each year I keep saying it but never do

Today I am going to eat vegan/vegetarian as many veggies & fruits that I'm going to miss.. but hey, seriously they have to go along with this weight right ? !

We had some light snow the weather is cold .. before too long spring will be here and off with the layers .. keeping my fingers crossed for 140lbs

Have a great day everyone !!
Hey Still!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #111
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hey Still!
hiya Slim !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #112
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member
 
EyesOnPrize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 194
Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Well, the crazy gastrointestinal issues have started rearing their heads. That's a drag, but it seems like an inevitable part of adjusting to strict Stills. Maybe it means my system is getting ready to let go of some fat.

One thing I'm doing differently this time is I'm adding Callanetics to the mix. If anyone doesn't know about Callanetics and is curious, there's an open thread here.

I had started it before but got derailed for some reason, I think because it was just hard to fit 1 hour into my schedule. But I got the "Quick Callanetics" DVD, which has 20-minute segments, and those I can do in the morning. Let me tell you, I think I'm getting addicted to these exercises, so much so that I was pissed last week when I was so sick I had to skip several days! They make me feel great and Callan is so gentle and encouraging, and accepting of physical limitations. None of this "FEEL THE BURN!!" stuff. She's very focused on not hurting yourself, and I'm old enough that that matters a lot. Not because I live in fear of being hurt, but because I've been derailed by injuries so many times and it's hard to get back on track, even when you've healed. Plus, I think injuries start to subliminally associate exercise with pain and damage and it takes lots of inner pep talks to overcome that. Callanetics doesn't hurt me. It makes me feel great!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #113
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Well, the crazy gastrointestinal issues have started rearing their heads. That's a drag, but it seems like an inevitable part of adjusting to strict Stills. Maybe it means my system is getting ready to let go of some fat.

One thing I'm doing differently this time is I'm adding Callanetics to the mix. If anyone doesn't know about Callanetics and is curious, there's an open thread here.

I had started it before but got derailed for some reason, I think because it was just hard to fit 1 hour into my schedule. But I got the "Quick Callanetics" DVD, which has 20-minute segments, and those I can do in the morning. Let me tell you, I think I'm getting addicted to these exercises, so much so that I was pissed last week when I was so sick I had to skip several days! They make me feel great and Callan is so gentle and encouraging, and accepting of physical limitations. None of this "FEEL THE BURN!!" stuff. She's very focused on not hurting yourself, and I'm old enough that that matters a lot. Not because I live in fear of being hurt, but because I've been derailed by injuries so many times and it's hard to get back on track, even when you've healed. Plus, I think injuries start to subliminally associate exercise with pain and damage and it takes lots of inner pep talks to overcome that. Callanetics doesn't hurt me. It makes me feel great!
EyesOnPrize thank you for mentioning callanetics. At my age I do not care to feel the burn, I just want to keep myself flexible and toned that is why I do yoga nothing crazy just stretching especially in the mornings . I do like walking as well weather permitting.
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #114
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Well, the crazy gastrointestinal issues have started rearing their heads. That's a drag, but it seems like an inevitable part of adjusting to strict Stills. Maybe it means my system is getting ready to let go of some fat.

One thing I'm doing differently this time is I'm adding Callanetics to the mix. If anyone doesn't know about Callanetics and is curious, there's an open thread here.

I had started it before but got derailed for some reason, I think because it was just hard to fit 1 hour into my schedule. But I got the "Quick Callanetics" DVD, which has 20-minute segments, and those I can do in the morning. Let me tell you, I think I'm getting addicted to these exercises, so much so that I was pissed last week when I was so sick I had to skip several days! They make me feel great and Callan is so gentle and encouraging, and accepting of physical limitations. None of this "FEEL THE BURN!!" stuff. She's very focused on not hurting yourself, and I'm old enough that that matters a lot. Not because I live in fear of being hurt, but because I've been derailed by injuries so many times and it's hard to get back on track, even when you've healed. Plus, I think injuries start to subliminally associate exercise with pain and damage and it takes lots of inner pep talks to overcome that. Callanetics doesn't hurt me. It makes me feel great!
I don't know if you were here when GT was posting but she did Callanetics and stills and she had lost a lot of weight and really toned up. I had forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder! I am going to look into it!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:48 PM   #115
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I am down 4.4 lbs this week!

I woke up in a lot of pain and I don't know if I am coming down with something or if my stress/bad sleep last night are causing me pain but I can't move my head at all! I really wanted to find comfort in food today but I stayed low carb and just upped my fat!

Breakfast was bacon and eggs.
Lunch was bacon, a 1 carb protein bar and protein chips
Dinner was 2 burgers.

I normally stay away from the carb free versions of junk foods because I tend to over do it and then stalling, but this allowed me to stay on plan and still have chips and a "chocolate bar".
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #116
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member
 
EyesOnPrize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 194
Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Yay Mar!! You're melting away!

Good for you for staying on your plan despite feeling crappy. You could have used it as an excuse for going off, but you didn't let it derail you!

BTW, not sure what low-carb protein bar you're using, but once upon a time when I was doing Atkins, I occasionally had lo-carb protein bars and I found that they stalled the heck out of me! I finally decided that it was probably (?) the glycerin and I cut them out for good. I know they don't have this effect on everyone, but wanted to put it out there. Hopefully you are one of the many who can use them at will.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #117
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Yay Mar!! You're melting away!

Good for you for staying on your plan despite feeling crappy. You could have used it as an excuse for going off, but you didn't let it derail you!

BTW, not sure what low-carb protein bar you're using, but once upon a time when I was doing Atkins, I occasionally had lo-carb protein bars and I found that they stalled the heck out of me! I finally decided that it was probably (?) the glycerin and I cut them out for good. I know they don't have this effect on everyone, but wanted to put it out there. Hopefully you are one of the many who can use them at will.
They usually stall be too. But I will take a stall over eating off plan today. I almost never buy them because they do stall me but they taste good!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #118
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member
 
EyesOnPrize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 194
Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
As for me, the appetite reduction is finally starting to kick in.

B: Black coffee
L: About 5 oz ground turkey with hot sauce
D: 2 scrambled eggs and about 5 oz turkey with hot sauce

Feeling full of energy... actually had a hard time getting to sleep last night (up till 1) and then woke up rarin' to go at 6. I don't know if it's the diet, Callanetics, both, some magic synergy, or just random chance.

I think I may have figured out why it doesn't seem that I'm losing any weight yet (visually). It was my muffin top that made me go on Stills, and that seems as bad as ever. Yet apparently, if you believe the Callanetics veterans elsewhere on this board, it's common for Callanetics to "move" your fat around, usually temporarily toward your middle, on the way to tightening you up everywhere. I am praying that is the cause and it's just a temporary stop on the way to success! I'll keep you all apprised about what happens to that hateful fat roll. Meantime, I can see the beginnings of an almost six-pack-ish curve around my ribs and upper abdomen (not to be confused with an actual six-pack, which I will never have). So it's all quite confusing.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #119
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member
 
StillTheOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 612
Gallery: StillTheOne
Checking in on the forum .. Getting my mindset for tomorrow

First things first I will weigh then get my coffee ready , 2 HB eggs for breakfast then leftover pork loin roast to nibble on all day . I am anxious about it.

I am enjoying the rest of my bottle of chambourd a few glasses a nice night cap :: cheers :: "To Dr. Stillmans "
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #120
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mar922's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
As for me, the appetite reduction is finally starting to kick in.

B: Black coffee
L: About 5 oz ground turkey with hot sauce
D: 2 scrambled eggs and about 5 oz turkey with hot sauce

Feeling full of energy... actually had a hard time getting to sleep last night (up till 1) and then woke up rarin' to go at 6. I don't know if it's the diet, Callanetics, both, some magic synergy, or just random chance.
I always find I have tonnes of energy after I have been on plan, so I could see it being stillmans! I was hoping starting to exercise would make me sleepier once I got there but maybe it won't?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.