Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #181
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bSkinny
WOE: Stillmans/Very Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I know! I imagine having a weak moment, caving in and dipping into the tin with both hands. Never had pumpkin pie but it sounds good... Mind you, everything sounds good right now. I just ordered some protein crisps... I've had thenm before and they are quite filling. They do have 4.8 g of carbs but are only 100 cals. I'll only eat them if I struggle and need some crunch. They are South Beach friendly so fit in with my Stillman, Dukan, SB plan. To be honest... They're about the same amount of carbs as the allowed cottage cheese so as long as I'm not having that on the same day, I can't see a problem. Whatever makes this doable.
I could really use some crunch and protein chips sound amazing ! Is pumpkin low carb? It should be if no sugar is added .
Love2bSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #182
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Tired lack of carbs lol how did Al do it I am tired , bored already .
Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #183
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Another day down. Same ol' diet. Same ol' hacking cough from the cold that won't quit.

B: Black coffee. I'm liking the French Press. It tastes a little richer. Just bought an electric kettle so I won't have to wait so long for my coffee fix in the morning!
L: 4 rollups of LF ham and NC cheese. 3 HB eggs.
D: Ground turkey, hot sauce. Pressure cooked chicken tenderloins with 5 spice seasoning, but no sauce or carbs or fat.

I'm finally starting to see results. Same pants, no muffin top!

Love2bSkinny, pumpkin isn't low carb, sadly.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!

Last edited by EyesOnPrize; 01-10-2017 at 07:06 PM..
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:02 AM   #184
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
My first full day of a liquid protein fast was actually easy and I had no issues with hunger or anything. Three a day of Isopure seems perfect for the time being. When I started to feel the smallest amount of hunger, I'd grab a drink and slowly drink it. Which was around the time I would be grabbing one anyway. These drinks are really filling! I am surprised I did not have any hunger pangs, especially since I'm going into this after very crappy eating for a couple of weeks. I did not weigh in, as I'm trying to only weigh in once a week.

I didn't have enough water yesterday, and only had 4 cups. Which I think is the only downside to yesterday. I'm aiming for 8 cups of water right now. I did have a large cup of decaf coffee with Torani sugar free syrup, which tasted heavenly.

I also read some more studies online. Interestingly, if you don't have vitamins with this type of plan it could cause a lot of problems, which makes sense. I guess they had a lot of sudden deaths in the 1960s due to protein liquid fasts. It was concluded that it was due to the individuals fasting for months without taking other vitamins or minerals. They were practically "starving themselves" of vitamins. So, they then conducted a study with people protein liquid fasting with added vitamins/minerals, and there were no problems.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:56 AM   #185
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Add me to the bored list. It doesn't help that my weight is still higher than the day I went off for 1 meal. This is the one thing I really dislike about Stillman. It takes too long to get back to where you were.
I am not really feeling tempted by other food as much as I am just sick of meat. I miss veggies. (my younger self is laughing at that) I used to hate veggies.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:22 AM   #186
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Bratty is right. Go off plan and it takes a bit to recover. Which is why I throw in a couple stillman days in here and there. I need veggies. I can go without fruits or junk food but veggies just let me feel more full and give me the variety I seek. I'm doing keto with stillman days mixed in. Started last week this way and must easier to adhere to especially given my workout regimen. Guess I'll find out next Wednesday how the scale shifts.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #187
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Wednesday !
I am down 3lbs already . Went grocery shopping today . I purchased cod , chicken breast, tuna , eggs , breakfast sausage and bacon . Beverages such as unsweetened lemon flavoured iced tea , coffee, assorted teas, Mio strawberry pineapple flavour , fizzy waters in assorted flavours, diet cherry coca cola , CL in concord grape flavour. Oh, and iceberg lettuce ! I never stall with cucumbers or iceberg lettuce .. A bottle of buffalo hot sauce too ! Bottles of water , I am set to lose 10lbs this month
I will add dairy and oat bran (dukan plan) once I reach my first goal .

I get bored too and that's why it's a good idea to stay low carb if you struggle with eating only meats.

Have a wonderful day my beautiful friends !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #188
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Add me to the bored list. It doesn't help that my weight is still higher than the day I went off for 1 meal. This is the one thing I really dislike about Stillman. It takes too long to get back to where you were.
I am not really feeling tempted by other food as much as I am just sick of meat. I miss veggies. (my younger self is laughing at that) I used to hate veggies.
I didn't lose any today after going to the restaurant yesterday and bacon the day before all low carb but definitely not low fat!

I have so much going on this week and 3 bday dinner this weekend so it's hard not to rationalize and say well I haven't lost anything in 2 days and I am going to potentially have off plan meals this weekend so I will just start again Monday. But I am powering through my chicken! We can do this! Boring is good!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #189
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

I am trying to not eat any cheese today. Breakfast was fine.. 2 eggs. Lunch I made a patty with tuna and egg and fried it. (no fat) Yuck! The bright side is I have half of it left to eat for dinner! <sarcasm> I think I am able to stay on plan so I can lose the dang weight (finally) and never eat that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Bratty is right. Go off plan and it takes a bit to recover. Which is why I throw in a couple stillman days in here and there. I need veggies. I can go without fruits or junk food but veggies just let me feel more full and give me the variety I seek. I'm doing keto with stillman days mixed in. Started last week this way and must easier to adhere to especially given my workout regimen. Guess I'll find out next Wednesday how the scale shifts.
I have looked into keto before. I need to do so again. I have to stay low carb because of high blood sugar but I need to start adding veggies soon.
I had planned to do stillman for 2 weeks and move to low carb after. Sunday is 2 weeks so I am getting close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Wednesday !
I am down 3lbs already . Went grocery shopping today . I purchased cod , chicken breast, tuna , eggs , breakfast sausage and bacon . Beverages such as unsweetened lemon flavoured iced tea , coffee, assorted teas, Mio strawberry pineapple flavour , fizzy waters in assorted flavours, diet cherry coca cola , CL in concord grape flavour. Oh, and iceberg lettuce ! I never stall with cucumbers or iceberg lettuce .. A bottle of buffalo hot sauce too ! Bottles of water , I am set to lose 10lbs this month
I will add dairy and oat bran (dukan plan) once I reach my first goal .

I get bored too and that's why it's a good idea to stay low carb if you struggle with eating only meats.

Have a wonderful day my beautiful friends !
Congrats on the loss! Looks like you are well prepared to stay on plan. I had just added cucumbers to my shopping list right before I read your post. I think I can snack on a few slices through out the day and get rid of this need for crunch I am having right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I didn't lose any today after going to the restaurant yesterday and bacon the day before all low carb but definitely not low fat!

I have so much going on this week and 3 bday dinner this weekend so it's hard not to rationalize and say well I haven't lost anything in 2 days and I am going to potentially have off plan meals this weekend so I will just start again Monday. But I am powering through my chicken! We can do this! Boring is good!
Oh man, the things we come up with in our head to make it ok to go off plan ( I am a professional)... I hope you are able to maneuver the dinners with little to no damage. Enjoy celebrating with the Birthday people!

Last edited by BrattyS; 01-11-2017 at 11:20 AM..
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #190
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Boring is good this is a difficult boring diet of mostly meats make your beverages 0 cal and tasty to wash down the boring plain meat entree, it may help
No worries if you didn't lose, sometimes you get a nice whoosh after a few good days
Old 01-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #191
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am trying to not eat any cheese today. Breakfast was fine.. 2 eggs. Lunch I made a patty with tuna and egg and fried it. (no fat) Yuck! The bright side is I have half of it left to eat for dinner! <sarcasm> I think I am able to stay on plan so I can lose the dang weight (finally) and never eat that again.

I have looked into keto before. I need to do so again. I have to stay low carb because of high blood sugar but I need to start adding veggies soon.
I had planned to do stillman for 2 weeks and move to low carb after. Sunday is 2 weeks so I am getting close.

Congrats on the loss! Looks like you are well prepared to stay on plan. I had just added cucumbers to my shopping list right before I read your post. I think I can snack on a few slices through out the day and get rid of this need for crunch I am having right now.

Oh man, the things we come up with in our head to make it ok to go off plan ( I am a professional)... I hope you are able to maneuver the dinners with little to no damage. Enjoy celebrating with the Birthday people!
Thank you ! and I also do well with crunchy celery , cucumbers and iceberg lettuce no dressing and moderation . I love cheese however , it will stall me
Old 01-11-2017, 05:37 PM   #192
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Yes to the comments about how boring Stillman is. I can't think of a more boring diet.

But think about it. If something's boring, you want to avoid it, right? You don't even want to think about it. I think that's the trick to Stillman. Eating is so dang boring you stop even wanting to do it. It's more of a chore than a pleasure. That means 1) you're losing weight because you're not eating as much and, more importantly, 2) you're training your brain to stop looking at food as entertainment, which is what got a lot of us here in the first place.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #193
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Meanwhile, couldn't eat much today. I'm at the stage where I'm gnawingly hungry but have no appetite.

B: Black coffee
L: A few LF ham/NF cheese rollups and a few HB eggs
D: Splurged on 2 sirloin burgers topped with no-fat, no-carb cheese.

I seem to be losing generally. Muffin top is dwindling away.

Got in the full hour-long Callanetics this morning (aka Callanetics 10/10). How did I have an hour of free time on a work morning, you ask? Easy: Woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. This time around, the diet is really doing a number on my sleep cycles... or is it just menopause?

Last edited by EyesOnPrize; 01-11-2017 at 05:42 PM..
Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #194
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Meanwhile, couldn't eat much today. I'm at the stage where I'm gnawingly hungry but have no appetite.

L: A few LF ham/NF cheese rollups and a few HB eggs
D: Splurged on 2 sirloin burgers topped with no-fat, no-carb cheese.

I seem to be losing generally. Muffin top is dwindling away.

Got in the full hour-long Callanetics this morning (aka Callanetics 10/10). How did I have an hour of free time on a work morning, you ask? Easy: Woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. This time around, the diet is really doing a number on my sleep cycles... or is it just menopause?
Awesome I would love your energy ! How do you eat your eggs cold hardboiled or warm ?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #195
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Really getting bored, sick and tired of chicken I would like spare ribs in a low carb BBQ sauce instead
Old 01-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #196
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Hey there : I went to the gym their scale wasn't working. now I have to wait till I see bf on Saturday .
Old 01-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #197
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post
Hey there : I went to the gym their scale wasn't working. now I have to wait till I see bf on Saturday .
That's not a bad thing. I am trying to weigh in less and it's hard I like to see the numbers go down! But if I don't lose I get discouraged so quickly. I am trying to weigh weekly, but right now I am still a daily weigher!
Old 01-11-2017, 07:47 PM   #198
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Yes to the comments about how boring Stillman is. I can't think of a more boring diet.

But think about it. If something's boring, you want to avoid it, right? You don't even want to think about it. I think that's the trick to Stillman. Eating is so dang boring you stop even wanting to do it. It's more of a chore than a pleasure. That means 1) you're losing weight because you're not eating as much and, more importantly, 2) you're training your brain to stop looking at food as entertainment, which is what got a lot of us here in the first place.
That's exactly what it's like! I remember my first time doing stills even after i went back to eating "normal" I just didn't love food the way I do now. I still enjoyed it but I didn't over do it all the time.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 AM   #199
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! Looks like everyone is moving along on plan.

Today is day three for me, and so far so good. I did feel a little bit of hunger yesterday with a slight headache, but that went away eventually. My sleep has seemed to improve, but I am going to bed a lot earlier than usual. So I think that will straighten out eventually. I do feel the dull of a light headache today, so I'm assuming it's keto flu. My sinus' have also been out of sorts since we're having on/off winter and warm weather. Today is supposed to be 50 degrees when it was just in the low teens this past weekend.

I just ordered some pasture raised grass fed collagen. Besides the health benefits, each serving has 18 grams of protein with 0gr fat and 0gr carbs. It seemed like a great time to try it out, so I ordered two of the 20oz. They are not cheap, but I'd like to try them. It's also odorless and tasteless, so I can just mix it in my coffee, tea, etc. I also purchased some Beta Glucan 500mg to add to my vitamin stash.

Either than that, I have an appt this afternoon for a tattoo removal quote. I had a quote done a year ago, but since then, I discovered another location locally that had a newer laser that's even more effective. Which just means less laser time to remove a tattoo. And, I'm sure more expensive.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:55 AM   #200
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Scale dropped! yay! I am now under the weight I was before the off meal. It took 4 days!

Bible study today with eating lunch somewhere. There should be no problem with staying on plan. I refuse to go off plan after taking so long to recover.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #201
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I was up 3lbs this morning!?!? I am trying to not stress about it and logically I know it's water weigh mostly likely due to TOM but its frustrating!

Iwasmadwthisway: why do you take collagen? I only know of it as the thing that helps wrinkles but are there other health benefits?
Old 01-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #202
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Scale dropped! yay! I am now under the weight I was before the off meal. It took 4 days!

Bible study today with eating lunch somewhere. There should be no problem with staying on plan. I refuse to go off plan after taking so long to recover.
Here's the Lil jumping man for you !
I hope you enjoyed a lovely on plan lunch with your bible study friends
Old 01-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #203
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thursday !

Down another pound for me .. I made buffalo chicken breast yesterday .. all this talk about it and crystal light, I thought maybe there is some magic in the two

Mar , I get discouraged right before TOM it does slow down my losses but sets me up for the whoosh once it's all over .

I never heard of collagen that you consume I learn something new here everyday

I hope you all enjoy your day !
Old 01-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #204
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

We ended up not going to lunch. Half our group was out with illness. I shouldn't have any outside the home temptations for another week.

Quote:
I was up 3lbs this morning!?!? I am trying to not stress about it and logically I know it's water weigh mostly likely due to TOM but its frustrating!

Iwasmadwthisway: why do you take collagen? I only know of it as the thing that helps wrinkles but are there other health benefits?
Ugh. So sorry for your gain. Try to ignore it. Hope for a big woosh after TOM goes away. I know, easier said than done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Thursday !

Down another pound for me .. I made buffalo chicken breast yesterday .. all this talk about it and crystal light, I thought maybe there is some magic in the two

Mar , I get discouraged right before TOM it does slow down my losses but sets me up for the whoosh once it's all over .

I never heard of collagen that you consume I learn something new here everyday

I hope you all enjoy your day !
Congrats on the loss!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #205
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I haven't taken it yet, but I like the benefits it has for hair growth, skin (especially fine lines) and nails. I'm sure there is more, but I've been growing out my pixie cut for a bit over a year now. It's nearly shoulder length, but it still has a lot of varying lengths in it. I also started drinking two bamboo teas a day as it has silica and helps with hair growth.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #206
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Saturday can't be here fast enough ! I ate chicken yesterday and will do again today. I am not down with cold hard boiled eggs can we devil them ? I am going for a long run the weather is perfect not cold . I Feel so fat and this warm weather in the winter isn't helping
Old 01-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #207
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Saturday can't be here fast enough ! I ate chicken yesterday and will do again today. I am not down with cold hard boiled eggs can we devil them ? I am going for a long run the weather is perfect not cold . I Feel so fat and this warm weather in the winter isn't helping
I am doing a higher fat Stillman so I devil mine with sugar free mayo. Tonight I crumbled turkey bacon in it too.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #208
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am doing a higher fat Stillman so I devil mine with sugar free mayo. Tonight I crumbled turkey bacon in it too.
Thanks ! That will be my snack
Hellmans is sugar free I am in luck !
Old 01-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #209
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Another monotonous day!

L: (really snacks, bit by bit, because I've hit big time appetite suppression): A few turkey and LF ham rollups, 2 HB eggs
D: Sorta fell off the wagon, but I knew from my brain fog that I really needed fat, and fish have those great Omega 3 oils... so I had a piece of wild-caught salmon. SKIN ON! (gasp!!) Now I feel much better.

Looking a bit sleeker in the mirror, so I think I'm losing. Won't really be sure till my pants get loose.

Love2bSkinny, have you considered other ways of doing eggs? Fried, scrambled, omelette, poached? All of those can be done with just a tiny spray of oil, or, in the case of poached, no oil at all. With scrambled or omelettes, I add in herbs, seasoned salt, hot sauce, and/or some sautéed ground turkey or chicken, and I find it pretty decent.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:42 PM   #210
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I devil mine too! Lately I have been using mayo but in the past I would use some cottage cheese in the place of mayo and it worked pretty well. Actually thanks for the reminder! I am gonna do that this weekend!