Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #241
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bSkinny
WOE: Stillmans/Very Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2015
This diet rocks !
I ate chicken breasts with hot sauce, deviled eggs with mayo, chopped ham , shredded cheddar on top and some mustard and I was down from 171.2 lbs to 166.4 lbs The weekends are hard for me I have to keep going !
Love2bSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #242
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bSkinny
WOE: Stillmans/Very Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Ewww talking of eggs, I always eat them hot. Boiled mashed with lil light mayo and mustard... Anyway, I thought I'd boil some up and put them in the fridge but every time I open the fridge door, even though they're in a container, I can smell them. I want to chunder lol. I can't handle cold eggs.
makemeslim, try my devil eggs recipe it came out tasty !
Love2bSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #243
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I really like an occasional rotisserie chicken. Usually if we are shopping late and need a quick dinner. Enjoy!
It was delicious! I'm still hungry lol. So I'm hoping eating does not kick up feelings of wanting to eat more. Since I'm eating today, I'm going to see what other on plan things I can eat. I do have some chicken left if I need to eat it - just surprised I'm hungry considering I ate a lot of it.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #244
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post
This diet rocks !
I ate chicken breasts with hot sauce, deviled eggs with mayo, chopped ham , shredded cheddar on top and some mustard and I was down from 171.2 lbs to 166.4 lbs The weekends are hard for me I have to keep going !
Wow that's great! My biggest struggle is that I work from home. So, there is not usually temptation here. But I stay with my family for hte time being and sometimes they buy some foods that are tempting.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:31 AM   #245
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!

Today is day six for me. I had some rotisserie chicken last night and a small amount of 2% cottage cheese. The cottage cheese gave me more carbs than I've had past few days at 7gr but it tasted heavenly. But I found a really low carb cottage cheese at the store I'm thinking of getting. It was like 3gr of carbs and around 15 grams of protein. I might include that and two hard boiled eggs to up my protein intake. With the drinks, those added, and a serving of collagen peptides, I'd be around 165gr protein a day. That would also increase my calories a lot more, closer towards 800 a day vs 500 a day. That should help me avoid cravings or feelings of hunger in the long term. I'm still figuring things out. But I could monitor my weight to see if that's a good protein point for me or not.

I had snuck on the scale yesterday morning and I was .7lbs lower, but this morning it went back to where I was the day before. So, still an 8lb weight loss so far. I knew the food would cause a little "gain" since I actually ate something vs liquid fasting. I'll weigh in Tuesday morning, as that will give me my first-week results.

Starting to increase my water since I'm sure that's causing me issues. I woke up with really dry mouth this morning. I have been slacking at trying to drink up to 8 cups a day. But I figure I can down the first 4 cups when I wake up, and work on the rest later in the day. I'm about to finish drinking the 4 cups now. I know from past experience that if I don't drink enough water that it hinders my weight loss. So I'm trying to be more vigilant on drinking more water.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-15-2017 at 02:38 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 05:00 AM   #246
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

OK so I ended up having a feast for breakfast. Wow it feels so good to have some more food in me again. Liquid fasting can be rough!

I went to the store to go shopping for my family member this morning. And I didn't realize that they actually sold the rotisserie chicken, without the bones, and just the meat. I almost slapped myself. There was more meat in the container than on the chicken itself, and it was cheaper. So I bought one to nibble on today. The only downside is it does not give me nutrition info so I don't know what the fat content is.

And I found my cottage cheese I was talking about. I attached a picture of the cottage cheese if anyone is looking for some low carb cottage cheese that tastes creamy. It's 90 calories, 2.5 gr fat, 3 carbs and 14 gr protein per serving. If you decide to try it, they have a $1 off coupon on their website... which I did not realize until after I bought it.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:39 AM   #247
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Today is the start of week 3. I am ready for it!

Week 2 loss is 3.4 for a grand total of 12 pounds. I made my January goal of 12 pounds.

I was a little worried about getting on the scale this morning because I got a little pork rind happy yesterday and ate way too many of them. I will behave today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Good morning all!

Today is day six for me. I had some rotisserie chicken last night and a small amount of 2% cottage cheese. The cottage cheese gave me more carbs than I've had past few days at 7gr but it tasted heavenly. But I found a really low carb cottage cheese at the store I'm thinking of getting. It was like 3gr of carbs and around 15 grams of protein. I might include that and two hard boiled eggs to up my protein intake. With the drinks, those added, and a serving of collagen peptides, I'd be around 165gr protein a day. That would also increase my calories a lot more, closer towards 800 a day vs 500 a day. That should help me avoid cravings or feelings of hunger in the long term. I'm still figuring things out. But I could monitor my weight to see if that's a good protein point for me or not.

I had snuck on the scale yesterday morning and I was .7lbs lower, but this morning it went back to where I was the day before. So, still an 8lb weight loss so far. I knew the food would cause a little "gain" since I actually ate something vs liquid fasting. I'll weigh in Tuesday morning, as that will give me my first-week results.

Starting to increase my water since I'm sure that's causing me issues. I woke up with really dry mouth this morning. I have been slacking at trying to drink up to 8 cups a day. But I figure I can down the first 4 cups when I wake up, and work on the rest later in the day. I'm about to finish drinking the 4 cups now. I know from past experience that if I don't drink enough water that it hinders my weight loss. So I'm trying to be more vigilant on drinking more water.
It sounds like you are getting everything lined up for success. Don't worry about the bounce up. I find the more I lose in the first 5-6 days. the less I lost day 7-9. Then it usually balances out.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:51 AM   #248
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
You are here and working towards your goals! I was always 160 and lost weight on stills after I gained some but then I ballooned and haven't felt like myself I'm about 3 or more years but I can't seem to control my bad eating. I get how you feel!
Thanks Mar. let's make this our year!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #249
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I didn't weigh yesterday after the 3lb gain and I don't think I am going to weigh until
Monday.

We had one of the 3! Bday dinner we have this weekendyesterday and I stuck to low carb. Unfortunately tonight's meal will be lasagna and it's at someone's house so i don't have much of a choice but I will just try to not over do it and enjoy the time with family. I don't know what Sundays meal will be but at that get together it's usually family style so I will just pick what's the closest to stills!

I am feeling better about the meals and will do the best I can but also try not to stress because life happens! At first I was worried all three dinner were this weekend because that practically meant a weekend off plan but this way it's not one a week that could potentially throw me off every time.
Life does happen. Hope you had fun and enjoyed the birthday dinner.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #250
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh ya it doesn't hurt! I remember a couple years when I was being strict Stillman's, I had some potty issues REALLY severe. Now I know to take powdered magnesium at nights when I am on plan. At least, when I'm eating food anyways. It was NOT fun!
I've got some magnesium here in tablet form... Not sure which type off the top of my head. I actually bought the book "The Magnesium Miracle" or something like that.. I've not read it yet though it's suppose to be good.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:59 AM   #251
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all. The start of Day 5 here. Starting to feel slight feelings of hunger here and there, and starting to miss eating food. But I no longer had the headaches like I did the first 3 days. Still getting tired earlier, but I realized I'm still falling asleep at about the same time. So that's a good thing! Not sure if I'll end up eating something on weigh in days, as I didn't originally plan for that. But if it helps me stay on plan, then I'm okay with that. A rotisserie chicken sounds good about now!

Sometimes I think I'm about to have heartburn, and I don't. So not sure if it's the drink or what. But I have not been good at drinking more than 4 cups of extra water. I need to do better. I might get 5 cups, but still need more.
My daughter Is at the supermarket and after reading your post, I texted her to ask her to pick me up a rotisserie chicken! I'd forgotten about those! I just remove the skin and eat the breast. can't wait for it to get here!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:02 AM   #252
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today is the last day of my 2 weeks. Weird but I do not have a plan to go off like I intended when I started. I think if I keep it higher fat (deviled eggs) have a treat around for cravings (pork rinds) and something technically off plan but doesn't seem to hurt my losses to eat once in awhile (cucumbers)... I should be OK. I am not struggling at all. Eventually my hormones will turn me into a starving carb monster so I will ride the easy train while it is still available.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I will update my stats then.

It's hard to stay on plan when you are sick. Hot chicken noodle soup is not on the list of things to eat. I hope it passes quickly.

Chunder... I actually laughed when I saw that. I love that word for some reason.

I know how you feel. I was thin and VERY athletic most of my life. The last 8-10 years have not been kind. Fight back. You can do it. We all can.

I get horrible heartburn when I am on stillman. Drinking water even makes it worse. Maybe look into something like Pepcid. I take it mid morning and it last till the next day.
I'm feeling a little better today, though not great. Yeah, chunder is a funny word, makes me laugh too!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:03 AM   #253
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great idea! I'll take a look when I run to the store. Thanks!

Today I'm actually going to buy a lean rotisserie chicken and have some of it. I'm hungry/craving some food, and chicken right now sounds heavenly. Which sounds hilarious because, when I do eat on Stillman's, I'd be sick of chicken about now. But I've been protein liquid fasting for a couple days now, and my body wants it. At least I'm not craving for anything carby, and will still be eating on plan.

I also received my collagen peptides today. What a surprise since they came early!
Craving chicken can't be bad... I'm certainly craving rotisserie right now!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:05 AM   #254
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This diet rocks !
Great numbers Love2! So glad it's working for ya! Keep it up!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:07 AM   #255
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
makemeslim, try my devil eggs recipe it came out tasty !
I normally mash my eggs hot with mustard and mayo. Do you dig the middle out and add the mayo and mustard then put it back? I'm too lazy me thinks.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:10 AM   #256
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning all!

8lb is great! Well done! My daughter is using a filter bottle thing at the moment and she's managing to get in two litres a day... She wasn't big on water before. I've asked her to grab me one BC I really need to up my water too. It's a novelty thing I guess but if it helps I'm up for it.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 AM   #257
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Week 2 loss is 3.4 for a grand total of 12 pounds. I made my January goal of 12 pounds.

I was a little worried about getting on the scale this morning because I got a little pork rind happy yesterday and ate way too many of them. I will behave today.

It sounds like you are getting everything lined up for success. Don't worry about the bounce up. I find the more I lose in the first 5-6 days. the less I lost day 7-9. Then it usually balances out.
Amazing!!! That's awesome, well done!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:16 AM   #258
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Yay! I love reading about so much weight loss! Hope it's contagious!

BrattyS -- 12 lb! That's amazing

IWasMadeThisWay -- I have a hard time with the water too. I drink a lot of it as coffee, tea (black or herbal), and seltzer water, and sometimes Splenda-sweetened diet drinks (often diluted with seltzer). I basically just try to stay hydrated however I can.

On the topic of magnesium, for the last couple years I have been taking "Instant Calm" powdered magnesium. It mixes with water and I think it tastes fine, plus it helps me get in my water. It helps me sleep, stops leg cramps, and also helps clean out the system, if you gals get what I'm saying. Mine is a variety with calcium, cause I figure at this age I could use extra calcium, especially when I'm on a restrictive diet. I can't deal with large calcium or magnesium pills.

I have just started taking collagen tablets! I'm taking them for my hair, because last time I did a long Stillman stint my hair started falling out, and I read that collagen can help prevent that. Guess we'll see. Maybe I'll make some nice bone broth with the InstantPot and supplement that way too. Anyone here have experience with collagen? Does it help?

My diet's been more of the same. Black coffee, turkey, and now a lean burger or two because I can tell my body is going thru fat starvation. I start to get really foggy and low-energy. A burger, even a lean one, really helps. Otherwise I try to avoid them because of the high calories, but they are technically allowed on strict Stills, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:18 AM   #259
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

So it seems I'm suffering from scale avoidance! I've been having a little salad and fat has increased again but apart from that I've been good on the low carb front. I do want to drop the salad and get back to proper Stillman though... Well, my "personal Stillman's adapted plan" that I know works for me. Seeing all the great losses here lately is inspiring! I will jump on the scale tomorrow morning before I eat lol and maybe I'll have a lil success of my own to share.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-15-2017 at 07:20 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #260
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Yay! I love reading about so much weight loss! Hope it's contagious!

BrattyS -- 12 lb! That's amazing

IWasMadeThisWay -- I have a hard time with the water too. I drink a lot of it as coffee, tea (black or herbal), and seltzer water, and sometimes Splenda-sweetened diet drinks (often diluted with seltzer). I basically just try to stay hydrated however I can.

On the topic of magnesium, for the last couple years I have been taking "Instant Calm" powdered magnesium. It mixes with water and I think it tastes fine, plus it helps me get in my water. It helps me sleep, stops leg cramps, and also helps clean out the system, if you gals get what I'm saying. Mine is a variety with calcium, cause I figure at this age I could use extra calcium, especially when I'm on a restrictive diet. I can't deal with large calcium or magnesium pills.

I have just started taking collagen tablets! I'm taking them for my hair, because last time I did a long Stillman stint my hair started falling out, and I read that collagen can help prevent that. Guess we'll see. Maybe I'll make some nice bone broth with the InstantPot and supplement that way too. Anyone here have experience with collagen? Does it help?

My diet's been more of the same. Black coffee, turkey, and now a lean burger or two because I can tell my body is going thru fat starvation. I start to get really foggy and low-energy. A burger, even a lean one, really helps. Otherwise I try to avoid them because of the high calories, but they are technically allowed on strict Stills, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....
My magnesium pills are seriously huge! You could literally choke on them!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:25 AM   #261
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Well I guess that's enough hogging the board... Sorry guys.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #262
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Awesome loss! I'm hoping for a 20-25lb loss once I reach the 4 week mark.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 AM   #263
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've got some magnesium here in tablet form... Not sure which type off the top of my head. I actually bought the book "The Magnesium Miracle" or something like that.. I've not read it yet though it's suppose to be good.
I like to use the Natural Calm version, which is powder. It's not tasty at all, but the next morning I always have a BM! I think it's like 80 something percent dailty value. My multi gives me 63% of it.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #264
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
8lb is great! Well done! My daughter is using a filter bottle thing at the moment and she's managing to get in two litres a day... She wasn't big on water before. I've asked her to grab me one BC I really need to up my water too. It's a novelty thing I guess but if it helps I'm up for it.
Thanks! I use an old Powerade bottle and just wash it and reuse that. We buy water from a company that delivers, so I just fill it up. I had my coffee and 4 cups, so on to 4 more cups. The only downside, when liquid fasting, is that I pee a lot more. :/
Old 01-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #265
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post

I was hoping the three bottles I was having of the Isopure would help. Since, technically, it's water. But I found the color of pee was showing dehydrated. So I'll see how increasing my water intake will help. I also have a cup of decaf, but I don't think that is helping at all. I used to live off two pots of decaf, and would always pee dehydrated. Drove me crazy lol.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #266
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I guess I'm hoping for larger losses since I'm at a larger weight. I remember, years ago, when I was just looking to drop.. maybe 20lbs when I was a lot thinner, meat/egg fasting had me drop 10lbs in a week! I think I lost 2 more pounds before a longer stall. But the inches kept dropping like crazy. I remember my first time going to the store realizing a size 8 fit me, and with room. I had been hovering in the 9/10s, depending on the brand. So that was a real shocker! Years prior, I was a size 6. Then I joined the army, and shockingly, went up 2-3 sizes a couple months after coming back from training. And just kind of stayed there.

I'm sure once I start working out again that the inches, and even the weight, will drop faster.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-15-2017 at 09:10 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #267
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I was thinking today how much I've changed over the years. I use to have an iron will... Now it seems my words are weak... How did I get this worn down? I need to find that part of me that wins again!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #268
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks! I use an old Powerade bottle and just wash it and reuse that. We buy water from a company that delivers, so I just fill it up. I had my coffee and 4 cups, so on to 4 more cups. The only downside, when liquid fasting, is that I pee a lot more. :/
I've been thinking of having water delivered... I moved recently and no longer have a fridge with dispenser as my fridge and freezer are seperate and low down. I'm in a 130 year old loft apartment that has slanted ceilings... It's cool but I miss my big fridge freezer. I have a seperate drinking water tap that has a filter fitted but I don't quite trust it... Not sure why? Its properly fitted but I always wonder about tap water. I'll probably end up filtering my already filtered water or sticking to bottled and filtering that! lol.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #269
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
D'oh! When I mentioned "Instant Calm," above, I meant "Natural Calm." That's the powdered magnesium I take.

makemeslim, isn't it weird how "will power" seems to come and go? But for me, it sometimes just clicks in and it's effortless.

For me, when it happens, it's because I've just committed to do the thing (whatever the thing is), and I have completely detached it from the results. In other words, if I ultimately wanted to have a higher net worth, I might say, "I will invest $X in the stock market every month" -- but I refuse to keep asking myself "am I rich yet?" I just turn on robot mode and do it. Whether it's working or not, I don't pay attention. The market goes up, the market goes down, who cares? I'm not playing the market. I'm not committed to getting rich (according to the deal I've made with myself). I've just committed to invest $X monthly and I do it robotically.

It's like that when the diet snaps into place. I just keep going until I feel really crappy (usually several weeks). Losing weight? Not? Who cares? That wasn't my deal with myself. My deal with myself was that I would stay on this diet as long as I can.

Everyone is different. That is the mentality that works for me. That's one of the reasons I don't weigh. My deal is not I WILL LOSE WEIGHT. My deal is I WILL STAY ON THIS DIET, PERIOD.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #270
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was thinking today how much I've changed over the years. I use to have an iron will... Now it seems my words are weak... How did I get this worn down? I need to find that part of me that wins again!
I was actually thinking about that right before I started on Stillman's. Because this year, I realized, would be 6 years since my weight gain started. And I've been struggling to reach "goal" ever since. And really, I'm young still. I'll be 32 years old in April, and I just don't want to struggle for another 6 years. I remember my mom on/off struggling for YEARS growing up, and even now, with her weight. I don't want to be that person! For me, the weight makes me feel less confident and kind of antisocial. I mean, I work from home now LOL. Not much social interaction. And I hold myself back doing a lot of things I want to do because of it. It just seems to effect my whole life because of my lack in confidence, due to the weight. I've never felt comfortable above 150lbs, and I have 70+lbs to go before I even reach that number - and that's not even my goal weight.

So I think that's what helped get me motivated right now. I used to be able to stick to a plan, a workout schedule and was golden. I suppose in some ways I got complacent over the years and just got out of my old routines that worked. I'm really just trying to get back into that now.

I was telling two friends the other day that I consider 2017 the year of "me." I'm losing the weight, working on my fitness, getting tattoos removed, getting some laser treatments done, starting some classes I've been wanting to start for years now.. so ya It's a ME ME ME year!

I've also grown out my hair the longest it's been in a couple years. It was REALLY short. And most of it is natural color now. When it gets to the length I want, I'll work on adding some pretty colors.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-15-2017 at 01:14 PM..