Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #1
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 52.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD, Fung & Stillman
Start Date: September 2014
Extreme sensitivity to the taste of salt?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Suddenly, everything tastes unbearably salty. I mean, like poisonously, I-can't-even-eat-this salty. It happened to me this week. I had been eating these LF ham/NF cheese rollups for lunch for about a week, when all of a sudden I opened my lunch, bit into one, and it felt like someone had rolled the thing in table salt. These are packaged cold cuts and I know they didn't change; it's me.

I remember this happening the last time I did a long Stills diet. It's so weird and so sudden. Anything with salt is just inedible. Even Diet Coke tastes like sea water. I ended up having several totally unseasoned HB eggs for lunch and the lack of salt was a relief.

I wonder what caused this? Anyone else experience it?

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Has anyone else had this happen to them? Suddenly, everything tastes unbearably salty. I mean, like poisonously, I-can't-even-eat-this salty. It happened to me this week. I had been eating these LF ham/NF cheese rollups for lunch for about a week, when all of a sudden I opened my lunch, bit into one, and it felt like someone had rolled the thing in table salt. These are packaged cold cuts and I know they didn't change; it's me.

I remember this happening the last time I did a long Stills diet. It's so weird and so sudden. Anything with salt is just inedible. Even Diet Coke tastes like sea water. I ended up having several totally unseasoned HB eggs for lunch and the lack of salt was a relief.

I have never had this happen. Hope someone can help.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post

I've noticed when I eat well on plan that things will taste saltier. But not, bad salty. I think it's just my tastebuds end up noticing more flavors. I mean, I was liquid fasting a few days and ended up having some of this cottage cheese I thought was disgusting. It tasted fine after the fast, and not as flavorless as I had previously though.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
Scarlet_Belle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlet_Belle
Stats: 203/166/136 (5'2.5" tall)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 2016
You know, when I followed low carb diets previously, that did happen. So my solution was to start rinsing off lunch meat to reduce the amount of salt. I would pour some cool water right into the package of ham, shake it around over the sink in case it leaked, and drain out the water. I might do this once or twice depending how salty it was, and that helped quite a bit. Using up the meat quickly is also a good idea since salt is a preservative. I liked to dice up the ham and throw it in with scrambled eggs. Or roll up the ham and eat it as is for a quick snack.
Scarlet_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote