Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 AM   #31
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderMonkey
Stats: 274.8/257.5/200??
Start Date: Jan 3, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
. How is everyone doing with the meal planning?
My main super power on this WOE is that I don't need variety in my meals, not a bunch of flavor. I have 3-4 things I eat and just rotate through that. Make meal prep simple.

I developed this super power because I started to see food as fuel instead of pleasure. My super power is negated here and there because if I relax then the "food is pleasure" comes right back.
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #32
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrisJ
Awsome why of thinking WonderMonkey..... so totally agree with you.
I just found out during my last visit that we can have low carb breads, tortillas. Not sure why I was under the impression that you couldn't. She said the only thing to be aware of us that if I do eat those foods I might start having carb cravings. Same with fruit....no fruit so far, they told me to wait 2 months before I add that in... is that the same for everyone else?
ChrisJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #33
WonderMonkey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WonderMonkey
Stats: 274.8/257.5/200??
Start Date: Jan 3, 2017
I was told very similar but I opted to not do it. I eat certain veggies to get the benefits of that and get carbs that way. If I to low carb breads, etc. then I'll venture too far. It's just how I am.
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #34
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucas33
Stats: start:263/current:236.8/goal:200
WOE: Medi
Start Date: 09/15/17
HI there.. I started the program February 3rd and at that time this thread was very slow. I have been on or update in a while. I was glad to see there were others on. I'm on week 11. Down 26.4 pounds. Besides the 1st and 3rd week its been small losses but always a loss or staying the same.
Lucas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #35
ChrisJ
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrisJ
Thats great Lucas33! I'm 5 weeks into this and loss so far 21.50 lbs. Going tomorrow for my 6th week, hopefully it'll be better than last week which was only a 1.5 lb loss.
ChrisJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #36
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Wow. 21lbs in 5 weeks is amazing. I will admit to be a tad disappointed with my slow loss but I'm still hanging in there.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #37
Lucas33
Junior LCF Member

Down another 2.2 for this weeks weigh in. total is 28.6. I lost 5.5 lbs this last month. I want to set a goal to try for 10 in May.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #38
denisestroy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: denisestroy
Excited!!!

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday

I am starting on May 31st my weight loss journey. Can anyone tell me what to expect on the first visit. Also I am glad I found you all on a 2017 thread I was starting to wonder about the program also. HELP!!! I NEED MOTIVATION.

Destroy
denisestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:41 AM   #39
denisestroy
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoGiRLDaniE View Post
Hi Everyone!

I was not seeing a thread for Medi Wieghtloss 2017 so I made one.

My name is Danielle and I recently started with Medi on 1/12/17. My first week was hell in that I did not lose the big amount that people rave about week 1. I account it to already having been on a diet and a smoothie cleanse prior to starting so all of my water weight was gone as I had lost 20 lbs on diet and exercise alone.
So my week one I had lost 1.5 lbs that included - 3 lbs of fat and +1.5 lbs of water. I was totally discouraged through out the week as my weight increased and increased steadily over the course of the week and did not start going down till day 5 or so. I am unsure of what to account that to but I was not happy.
Overall, I am really happy so far with the process and was so glad that they said I can now have veggies. Please let me know if there is anyone else out there that is doing Medi 2017. Look forward to hearing from you.

Danie

How are you doing with your weight loss?
Old 05-30-2017, 06:52 AM   #40
denisestroy
Junior LCF Member

Motivation

Not sure if my post got out there, but I am starting Medi Weightloss program tomorrow. Can someone let me know what to expect on day one. Do I need to fast before blood work?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #41
CAF622
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CAF622
Stats: 208/188/150
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 05/23/2017
Hi there! I'm on my 4th week of Medi Weight Loss, but messed up royally during the holiday weekend.

Starting over today...
CAF622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:04 AM   #42
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txntv
Stats: 5'5" 169.5/131/140
WOE: Medi-weightloss
Start Date: March 25, 2010
Back on MWL after 7 years

I successfully kept the bulk of the weight off for seven years. Just had some weight slowly creep back on after two surgeries and just couldn't get them back off.

I don't have much weight to shed, but wanted to do something about it as clothes are snug and before it becomes a real problem. I start the program Monday. (Need to go to the store this weekend.)

Nervous about the first week ... I remember it all too well!
June: -5.5
July: -2.5
Beyond: -5
Total gotten rid of: 38
txntv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:30 AM   #43
4devochki
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 191.8/164/132
WOE: meds weightloss/PSMF
Start Date: 29 May 2017
Hi everyone. I wanted to post because I've been following the Medi-weightloss plan on my own since May 29 (too broke to go to the clinic right now), 500-600 cals of pure protein foods plus 1/2 cup vegetables at lunch and dinner if I feel like it. I've gone down from 192 to 165, including 15 just in the first week--but that was because I had been bingeing like mad the week before and was up 10 lbs over my habitual fat weight.

It's nice to get encouragement here so I thought I'd pitch in and post mine. For nearly THREE WHOLE WEEKS I was stuck at 172-170--up a lb, down a lb., up two lbs.--I thought I was going to die. Then lo and behold, I came home from an 8-day trip, stepped on the scale yesterday and saw 165. This is just to say it can and does work if you stick with it. Your body has it's own ideas about how fast it will give up weight but it cannot hold out forever.

The other thing I've done is plan a weekend day when I go up to 2x calories.

Rushing off but I'll write more later about hunger and how I deal. In short, I haven't found it too bad!
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #44
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Awesome! I wanted to do it on my own to save the money. The shots and meds help. Fortunately, I have little to lose compared to when I first went seven years ago.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #45
Llbcampbell
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Llbcampbell
Day 1

Today is my day 1. I've been somewhat hungry and a dull headache. Also my stomach is gurgling. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Llbcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #46
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llbcampbell View Post
Today is my day 1. I've been somewhat hungry and a dull headache. Also my stomach is gurgling. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Are you drinking electrolytes? I haven't had a headache and I'm on Day 4. When I did MWL 7 years ago, I drank Smartwater for my electrolytes and was miserable. Now I'm more informed. Smartwater barely has any eletrolytes.

Also try chicken broth.

Doing OK for the most part. Sometimes feel like gravity is pulling me down and get sick of eating the same plain proteins.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:37 AM   #47
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: empressem
Stats: 220/199/160
Start Date: 07/10/17 & 8/18/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llbcampbell View Post
Hello!!

I am so excited to see that these message boards are still active with recent posts. I am currently on my 4th day, and this week really hasn't been too terrible. I even completed three days without the supplements. I just began taking them as well as my electrolytes. I just purchased MIO (the water enhancer). I noticed another member post about nuun, but they're expensive and they aren't flavored to my liking. Just a few tips to help cure your headache.

It's nice to meet you, I'm Em!
empressem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #48
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by empressem View Post
Hello!!

I am so excited to see that these message boards are still active with recent posts. I am currently on my 4th day, and this week really hasn't been too terrible. I even completed three days without the supplements. I just began taking them as well as my electrolytes. I just purchased MIO (the water enhancer). I noticed another member post about nuun, but they're expensive and they aren't flavored to my liking. Just a few tips to help cure your headache.

It's nice to meet you, I'm Em!
I tried two flavors of Mio and did not like it. I prefer the Propel powder packs. PowerZero also meets the sodium / potassium requirements.

The supplements don't help energy or anything. They just make sure you get the needed vitamins from a reduced calorie diet. For example, they have potassium to ensure you don't have cramping.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #49
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txntv View Post
Are you drinking electrolytes? I haven't had a headache and I'm on Day 4. When I did MWL 7 years ago, I drank Smartwater for my electrolytes and was miserable. Now I'm more informed. Smartwater barely has any eletrolytes.

Also try chicken broth.

Doing OK for the most part. Sometimes feel like gravity is pulling me down and get sick of eating the same plain proteins.

Hi txntv,

I did my first cup of chicken broth last night and it really helped. I like that it had flavor and it was warm, so it made my tummy happy! I just began drinking electrolytes. I didn't have too bad of side effects all week but I'm trying to get the maximum into my diet. How are you doing thus far?

Em
Old 07-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #50
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi txntv,

I did my first cup of chicken broth last night and it really helped. I like that it had flavor and it was warm, so it made my tummy happy! I just began drinking electrolytes. I didn't have too bad of side effects all week but I'm trying to get the maximum into my diet. How are you doing thus far?

Em
Hi Em,

Doing better than expected. Only issue is feeling heavy -- like I don't have the strength to stand up. I worked out today and could run fast, but then I got tired faster. I had to use lighter weights as I didn't have energy to lift my normal ones.

Glad you're doing well!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #51
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF622 View Post
Hi there! I'm on my 4th week of Medi Weight Loss, but messed up royally during the holiday weekend.

Starting over today...
DON'T GIVE UP!!!! You can do it, just re-do your first week of protein. Otherwise, how have you been doing? =]
Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #52
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Em,

Doing better than expected. Only issue is feeling heavy -- like I don't have the strength to stand up. I worked out today and could run fast, but then I got tired faster. I had to use lighter weights as I didn't have energy to lift my normal ones.

Glad you're doing well!
Really!? Interesting! I wonder why that is. This is also your first week, right? They recommend not working out your first week or two unless you're consuming more than the amount of protein. Maybe increase your protein. I wish you the best of luck. I am signing up for the gym today. Planet Fitness!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #53
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisestroy View Post
Hello Everyone and Happy Friday

I am starting on May 31st my weight loss journey. Can anyone tell me what to expect on the first visit. Also I am glad I found you all on a 2017 thread I was starting to wonder about the program also. HELP!!! I NEED MOTIVATION.

Destroy
Hi Denise!

How as your program been going thus far?

I'm Em, really glad to see this message board still up.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #54
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Really!? Interesting! I wonder why that is. This is also your first week, right? They recommend not working out your first week or two unless you're consuming more than the amount of protein. Maybe increase your protein. I wish you the best of luck. I am signing up for the gym today. Planet Fitness!
Thanks. Oh, it's normal. I did take a day off from Orangetheory yesterday. LOVE LOVE it! I've never paid more than $200 a year for a gym ... and how I pay too much for this place, but it's worth it. I'm going easier and walking more instead of running.

Fortunately, I don't have a lot to lose -- so the exercise will help. Don't want to go to MWL too long as my spouse is going too and it's just too expensive. I wasn't able to do this on my own after trying for four years.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #55
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks. Oh, it's normal. I did take a day off from Orangetheory yesterday. LOVE LOVE it! I've never paid more than $200 a year for a gym ... and how I pay too much for this place, but it's worth it. I'm going easier and walking more instead of running.

Fortunately, I don't have a lot to lose -- so the exercise will help. Don't want to go to MWL too long as my spouse is going too and it's just too expensive. I wasn't able to do this on my own after trying for four years.
YES. I can agree, this program is expensive. I wont be able to participate in the weekly vitamin injections, just too far out of my price range. I can't imagine having two people on the program. Better support, but an empty wallet. I wish the best for the two of you. I've heard about orange theory. Is that an individualized program? I would love to try it.

Ultimately I would like to lose 60lbs but more specifically 40 in 13 weeks - which they said is possible so I am giving it all I got. I had to skip out on the family dinner and dessert yesterday for my mothers birthday. It wasn't that difficult. I know that in the 13 weeks I will be able to treat myself to what I want, and I'll be closer to my goal so it's motivation enough.

You weren't able to lose any weight doing it by yourself? Why's that?
Old 07-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #56
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
YES. I can agree, this program is expensive. I wont be able to participate in the weekly vitamin injections, just too far out of my price range. I can't imagine having two people on the program. Better support, but an empty wallet. I wish the best for the two of you. I've heard about orange theory. Is that an individualized program? I would love to try it.

Ultimately I would like to lose 60lbs but more specifically 40 in 13 weeks - which they said is possible so I am giving it all I got. I had to skip out on the family dinner and dessert yesterday for my mothers birthday. It wasn't that difficult. I know that in the 13 weeks I will be able to treat myself to what I want, and I'll be closer to my goal so it's motivation enough.

You weren't able to lose any weight doing it by yourself? Why's that?
I'm going to cut down to once a week injections after getting through first week and then try stopping altogether.

Orangetheory is in class format. However, people ask for workarounds and alternatives and trainers provide them -- so it is personalized and costs less than having a private trainer. It covers strength and cardio and each day has a different focus: strength, power, endurance, or all three.

You're off to a great start!! Not many people would've had the willpower to skip mom's birthday dinner. Love that your family is supportive. I'm doing all I can not to tell people I'm on a program.

When I tried dieting on my own, I'd get rundown and can't focus on work. I need to be able to focus on work.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #57
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm going to cut down to once a week injections after getting through first week and then try stopping altogether.

Orangetheory is in class format. However, people ask for workarounds and alternatives and trainers provide them -- so it is personalized and costs less than having a private trainer. It covers strength and cardio and each day has a different focus: strength, power, endurance, or all three.

You're off to a great start!! Not many people would've had the willpower to skip mom's birthday dinner. Love that your family is supportive. I'm doing all I can not to tell people I'm on a program.

When I tried dieting on my own, I'd get rundown and can't focus on work. I need to be able to focus on work.
That sounds promising! I'll have to check if there is one in my area! I am interested.

Ugh, I am not doing very well the first day on my supplements. I felt better when I wasn't using them. I'm getting a headache for the first time this week. I'm drinking my electrolytes too. I've been burping up fish from the Omega! (YUCK!) I'm a little nauseous too.. any tips?

I'm really on a time frame. I want to be 40lbs less by my University Commencement; therefore, I cannot have one slight cheat. It is worth it to me. I tell myself "cake and ice cream will be around in 13 weeks, and so will my weight if I decide to binge or "treat" myself" Right? So I say, just give it 13 weeks and then I can treat myself.

Oo! Ok. I'm feeling really dedicated this time around. These weeks will fly by, besides by all the success stories I've heard I really only need to count down 8 weeks! I've seen many people talk about a large amount of weight loss in only two months.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #58
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Wow! I'm surprised the supplements would be the cause of the headache. I haven't had problems with the Omega. Typically, I don't take meal supplements until I've had something to eat. Are you taking them before eating / drinking? Maybe try taking after you've had half or all of your meal?

Aha! Now I see what's motivating you. Great motivation and congrats on upcoming commencement! What university, if you're willing to share?

When I was on MWL first time, I lost 30 pounds in three months. And that was the bulk of what I needed to lose. So I'd think for 60 lbs, it'd be more like 40.

I have an out of town wedding the weekend after Labor Day, so I want to have shed the weight and be in maintenance a few weeks by then. I'll see where I am at end of July after three weeks on program and assess from there. Like I said -- I've got up to 15 lbs to lose -- but I know it tends to come off slower than for someone with 75 lbs to lose like my spouse. (I judge on clothing because I lift heavy weights. The scale doesn't tell the whole story.)
Old 07-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #59
empressem
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow! I'm surprised the supplements would be the cause of the headache. I haven't had problems with the Omega. Typically, I don't take meal supplements until I've had something to eat. Are you taking them before eating / drinking? Maybe try taking after you've had half or all of your meal?

Aha! Now I see what's motivating you. Great motivation and congrats on upcoming commencement! What university, if you're willing to share?

When I was on MWL first time, I lost 30 pounds in three months. And that was the bulk of what I needed to lose. So I'd think for 60 lbs, it'd be more like 40.

I have an out of town wedding the weekend after Labor Day, so I want to have shed the weight and be in maintenance a few weeks by then. I'll see where I am at end of July after three weeks on program and assess from there. Like I said -- I've got up to 15 lbs to lose -- but I know it tends to come off slower than for someone with 75 lbs to lose like my spouse. (I judge on clothing because I lift heavy weights. The scale doesn't tell the whole story.)
It may be the caffeine in the suppressant that is causing the headache? I only had a protein shake this morning. I'm going to have my lunch here in about 10 minutes (currently at work) ha! I do consume at least 64oz of water in a day. I've had struggles getting back into drinking a gallon. I take all of them as directed, so some in the morning, before meals and then at night.

I want to do this for me too. I've had plenty of weddings in the past. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. My brother just got married this past May and I wasn't thrilled with the photographs. That's another reason. I can't wait to see how much I have lost by next week - as I mentioned, only my fourth day. I am attending Grand Canyon University in PHX, AZ. BA in Business Admin! I cannot wait. 10 weeks left of school, 13 until my graduation!

That makes me exciiited. I can't wait until I am thinner and feeling better.

Definitely achievable! Who's getting married? Congrats! and I agree, I hate the scale. I feel like my pants are fitting a lot more loose as compared to what the scale says I weigh... .hmph!
Old 07-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #60
txntv
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It may be the caffeine in the suppressant that is causing the headache? I only had a protein shake this morning. I'm going to have my lunch here in about 10 minutes (currently at work) ha! I do consume at least 64oz of water in a day. I've had struggles getting back into drinking a gallon. I take all of them as directed, so some in the morning, before meals and then at night.

I want to do this for me too. I've had plenty of weddings in the past. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. My brother just got married this past May and I wasn't thrilled with the photographs. That's another reason. I can't wait to see how much I have lost by next week - as I mentioned, only my fourth day. I am attending Grand Canyon University in PHX, AZ. BA in Business Admin! I cannot wait. 10 weeks left of school, 13 until my graduation!

That makes me exciiited. I can't wait until I am thinner and feeling better.

Definitely achievable! Who's getting married? Congrats! and I agree, I hate the scale. I feel like my pants are fitting a lot more loose as compared to what the scale says I weigh... .hmph!
Aha! I'm not taking the suppressant. I don't qualify. So you might want to call your MWL and ask about headaches with them.

Oh, of course, you want to do it for you -- not just for graduation. It's just a big motivator. I hate my graduation photo. I've been a yoyo'er most of my life and stopped when I first went to MWL as I changed my whole way of eating. Between then and now, I've had two surgeries and eating less is a struggle. Losing weight used to be easy and maintaining hard. Now it's the other way around.

I go for my weekly tomorrow, but I'm going to ask to skip the weigh-in because it will have only been four full days. I'd like to be in acute for at least a week before first weigh-in.

Congrats on almost finishing school! My sister went to U of Az.

My first cousin is getting married in NY. Refusing to try on anything until at least another week. Early stage is mostly water weight for me.