Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-01-2017, 03:44 AM   #1
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
February is Fabulous for Stillman QWL thread

Hope everyone has a great month!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2017, 03:52 AM   #2
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

I made my January goal bu the skin of my teeth. total loss for the month is 12.2

I will wait until I am hydrated to check my fat loss on my scale. I don't know how accurate scales that analyze fat loss are but I have one.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:15 AM   #3
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I made my January goal bu the skin of my teeth. total loss for the month is 12.2

I will wait until I am hydrated to check my fat loss on my scale. I don't know how accurate scales that analyze fat loss are but I have one.
Thanks for starting the new thread. Great numbers BrattyS! Here's to a successful February.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #4
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post

Fat scale is a liar. It said I actually went up 2%.
I read that you should do it with the same body composition each time. If you do it very hydrated and after you have eaten... you should do it that way every time.

I think I will do mine in the morning... nekkid, dehydrated and empty stomach. Just like I do for my weight.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:45 AM   #5
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good 1st day of February. My monthly goal from here on out is just 5 pounds a month. The next few months is full of Birthdays. I think I have mentioned that I am on a one year weight loss journey. My mindset is different this time around. I have accepted that I am not going to lose all the weight quickly on Stillmans. I have tried for over 8 years and I ended the year heavier than what I started with.

I will have days I am off plan just because I want to or because it is a special occasion. I will have times when I am sick of Stills and will do Atkins or just a 1200 calorie plan. But I will lose the weight one way or another within this year. *off my soap box*

So where is everyone? It is pretty quiet in here!
Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM   #6
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Still on plan! Planning to go off on Sunday for the Superbowl party. Nothing crazy, just chicken wings and maybe some chips n dip.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Hi guys! I'm still alive. I haven't gotten back on plan yet. So ya. TOMORROW!

My stepdad went to court yesterday and was told that the date had changed to today. OK. He goes today, and the lawyers never showed up. But, of course the paperwork was not done correctly. They served him with foreclosure and have never done the settlement sit down yet, which is required first. Oye! Either way, he will be fine. The judge ordered that to take place in April.

The army situation is still a pain. I was told on Monday I would not be on orders at the end of the month, and that changed to I still am. That will be interesting.. they want me to fly from where I am to the location. The nearest airport to me is two hours away, and I have no transportation. So, will see how this goes. Hoping they will eventually remove me though because again, it's not feasible. On the plus side, they finally put my paperwork in the system.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 02-03-2017 at 01:16 PM..
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:15 AM   #8
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday got a little hard to do the plan. It was Friday and that for some reason always stirs up desires for all my favorite foods. I did stay on plan! I'm down 3.5lbs since Wednesday. So happy! I am already close to my 5 pound goal for the whole month.

Days off plan this month will at the minimum include this Sunday and my husband Birthday in a couple weeks. I am sure there will be a couple Atkins days in there also. So far everything is on track for a successful month of weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Hi guys! I'm still alive. I haven't gotten back on plan yet. So ya. TOMORROW!

My stepdad went to court yesterday and was told that the date had changed to today. OK. He goes today, and the lawyers never showed up. But, of course the paperwork was not done correctly. They served him with foreclosure and have never done the settlement sit down yet, which is required first. Oye! Either way, he will be fine. The judge ordered that to take place in April.

The army situation is still a pain. I was told on Monday I would not be on orders at the end of the month, and that changed to I still am. That will be interesting.. they want me to fly from where I am to the location. The nearest airport to me is two hours away, and I have no transportation. So, will see how this goes. Hoping they will eventually remove me though because again, it's not feasible. On the plus side, they finally put my paperwork in the system.
Ugh, nothing worse than waiting on the court system and lawyers to get it together. Good luck getting on plan today! Stress makes it so hard.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:43 AM   #9
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Was off for two days and the scale punished me heavily.

Back on plan today!
Old 02-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #10
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
I'm baaaaaack! I got moved Saturday and am unpacked enough to be functional! I love my new apartment! I went back on plan yesterday. I have gained so much weight that nothing fits. Hopefully I will lose some quickly so that I have clothes! : )

I replaced my old jawbone. The new one came yesterday. I want to be at 10,000 steps by March 1st.

Bratty - you are rocking it! Well done!

Ahhh, the court system. I hope everything turns out ok for your stepdad, Iwasmade!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:58 AM   #11
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gee, I come back and everyone left! : ) Today is day 4 of on plan eating! I am looking forward to this weekend and having time to unpack! I love my new apartment!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:06 AM   #12
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Gee, I come back and everyone left! : ) Today is day 4 of on plan eating! I am looking forward to this weekend and having time to unpack! I love my new apartment!
Welcome back! It has been pretty quiet in here lately. I was hoping to get back on plan but I fell off again. Nothing bad just not Stillman. I haven't been feeling well the last few days so I can't muster the will power.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #13
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you feel better Bratty!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #14
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Yum! I just made a pot of lc soup! It is fun cooking in my new kitchen. I'm doing my first load of laundry which is totally not fair! When one moves, the ordinary tasks should magically get done!
Old 02-13-2017, 06:10 AM   #15
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

The sun is shining and my new apartment is so bright! I'm loving it. My lunch today will be leftover hamburger soup. Eggs for breakfast and some kind of meat for dinner - I haven't decided yet. Today marks one week on plan!
Old 02-15-2017, 06:21 AM   #16
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Did I mention that I love my new apartment? It is so bright! My old apartment was very dark and I always had to have a light on. Not here! There are lots of windows. I love it.

I know some of you look in on the thread but aren't posting. Usually that means that you are not on plan. But don't wait until you are on plan - getting back on plan is so much easier when we do it together.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #17
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Hey guys!!

I have been super busy these last 2 weeks! Working 2.5 jobs has really started to take a toll on me and I have been very tired and not up for much when I do get of of work!

I have still been eating healthy but not stillmans, I have actually managed to lose 2 lbs! I will be getting back into things now that I am less busy and I seem to have some energy again so I look forward to catching up with everyone!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:39 AM   #18
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Mar! 2.5 jobs is a lot. I hope you get some rest!

I'm going to spend the next few days getting the things that go to various charities together. I ran out of steam and had to move a lot of things that will be donated. I want to get that finishes asap!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #19
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

This is my day off! I am going to unpack the quest room and run some errands. Hopefully I can spend some time reading tonight. My weight loss is very, very slow, but at least it is a loss!
Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 AM   #20
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies and Mims back, yay! Feb seems to have been very quiet here so far.
This is the perfect time to get ready for summer. I said last year I didn't want to spend another summer overweight and that's still true today... Had better get my skates on especially BC we've been having a couple of hot weeks in April over the last few years. I recently lost 5lbs but it's a small dent compared to what I have left to lose ugh! I've been on adapted Stillmans for the last couple of days. I was high fat but I dunno, I just don't feel right doing high fat at the moment. How's everyone else doing?
Old 02-18-2017, 02:08 AM   #21
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Did I mention that I love my new apartment? It is so bright! My old apartment was very dark and I always had to have a light on. Not here! There are lots of windows. I love it.

I know some of you look in on the thread but aren't posting. Usually that means that you are not on plan. But don't wait until you are on plan - getting back on plan is so much easier when we do it together.
So glad you like your apartment Mim! As you know, I moved just befor Xmas. There is still lots I'd like to do. Looking forward to using my little roof garden this summer. I want to get into Thai Chi and I imagine myself doing it on the roof in the summer. The reality is my fatigue will get the better of this idea but I'll try lol.

You're so right Mim. It is easier when we do this together. I'm jumping on the wagon. Let's see if I can be a future inspiration and follow in Als footsteps!
Which plan are you following? Whole 30 or Stillman? What was that cranberry diet called again?
Old 02-18-2017, 05:11 AM   #22
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi MMS! I want to do Thai Chi too! I will have to take lessons though because of my ankle. I will have to have some adaptations. I tried learning it from a dvd but I don't know how to accommodate some of the moves. Doing it on your roof sounds heavenly. Even if only for a few minutes a day!

The cranberry is Fat Flush. It is low carb but not as low carb as Stills. Right now I'm doing low carb, but I want to do a Whole30 soon. I ate so much junk during the holidays and then during my move that I want to give my system a chance to really heal. The trouble is that with the new church, I'm so busy and get invited to eat out so often that I don't know when I'll get a 30 day window!

I spent much of yesterday sorting. I had wanted to do this before I moved, but it didn't get done. So, I am unpacking the spare room where all the boxes of stuff that needs to be sorted are! I still have a day's work.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:23 AM   #23
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi MMS! I want to do Thai Chi too! I will have to take lessons though because of my ankle. I will have to have some adaptations. I tried learning it from a dvd but I don't know how to accommodate some of the moves. Doing it on your roof sounds heavenly. Even if only for a few minutes a day!

The cranberry is Fat Flush. It is low carb but not as low carb as Stills. Right now I'm doing low carb, but I want to do a Whole30 soon. I ate so much junk during the holidays and then during my move that I want to give my system a chance to really heal. The trouble is that with the new church, I'm so busy and get invited to eat out so often that I don't know when I'll get a 30 day window!

I spent much of yesterday sorting. I had wanted to do this before I moved, but it didn't get done. So, I am unpacking the spare room where all the boxes of stuff that needs to be sorted are! I still have a day's work.
I also need someone to give me some lessons but I'll start with a DVD too. I've back problems so I'm hoping this will help. I will keep you updated but I think I'll start in the summer.

That's right the Fat Flush... I must Google it and remind myself what it entails. My real problem is, I don't seem to be able to stick to anything. I keep changing plans, not sure why... Think I'm just tired of it all. I have to do this though Mim. I reached my biggest ever after the hols. I want to do 3 solid weeks and see if I can lose 21lbs like Al did. 3 weeks, no cheats and 21lbs. I just need a boost ya know. I think Stillman, then South Beach, then Atkins, then Dukan, it's insane!! I need help!

Last edited by makemeslim; 02-18-2017 at 07:24 AM..
Old 02-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #24
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I need help too! I'm at my heaviest ever and I can't seem to lose it. I've been on plan for almost two weeks and have lost about 4 pounds. I am thinking about seeing a dr. Starting Monday or Tuesday I'm going to eat a lot of seafood. Mainly seafood. That usually helps me get rid of some weight and maybe it will jumpstart a decent loss!
Old 02-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #25
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I need help too! I'm at my heaviest ever and I can't seem to lose it. I've been on plan for almost two weeks and have lost about 4 pounds. I am thinking about seeing a dr. Starting Monday or Tuesday I'm going to eat a lot of seafood. Mainly seafood. That usually helps me get rid of some weight and maybe it will jumpstart a decent loss!
I know how it feels, I've not updated my stats in ages! They are wrong! Seeing a doc is a good idea! Do you think you might be holding on to water and not showing your real loss? I wonder if this is happening to me? It could be I give up too soon before the magic really happens. I think I really could be holding on to a lot of water... Either way it sucks. Do you fancy a solid 3 week challenge Mim? Starting tomorrow no cheats? The best thing for me is to avoid the scale during this period as I find it sets me back. So I say... Pick a plan and stick to it for 3 weeks, no cheats... Let me know if you're in.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #26
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm in! Three weeks - no cheats!
Old 02-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #27
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Quote:
I'm in! Three weeks - no cheats!
Then you are ahead! Fancy another 3?
Old 02-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #28
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

yup! And not only am I in for the next 3, I'm going to add exercise!
Old 02-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #29
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yup! And not only am I in for the next 3, I'm going to add exercise!
Oh that's excellent Mim! I won't let you down... I really need this challenge! Tomorrow it is! I'm also going to add a little exercise. I'm going to walk on my treadmill! Uphill of course! I'll be back tomorrow for day 1. Thinking of doing a seperate weigh in thread. We don't need to put our weights but we can log how much we lose..
Old 02-19-2017, 04:25 AM   #30
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Today begins the three week challenge! No cheats and a bit of exercise. Who is in? I weighed this morning and pulled out some fish to thaw. I've got this!