Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #1
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
MARCH to slim with Stillmans

Happy first day of March! Join together and support one another! It is the best way to make this journey a success!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 AM   #2
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

MMS - I'm so sorry about your back. I know something of the struggle with finding pain meds that work and not wanting to take them because they are so strong, but are the only things that work!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Start weight
Day 1:168.2
Day 2: 166
Day 3:165.2

Meh , NGL major disappointment there wasn't a bigger drop this morning. I tried harder yesterday, no deli meats , no extra yogurt, stayed under 1050 calories. I'm out of cottage cheese and yogurt so it's gonna be just meat and eggs today, let's see how that goes. I did drink one of those bai bubbles drinks yesterday , 2 net carbs but maybe the sugar alcohols are why i didn't drop as much gonna steer clear of those as well. I had accidentally defrosted chicken thighs and not breast yesterday so maybe too much fat? What do you guys think? I also looked through all the ground beef in my freezer and the leanest I have is 85/15 so I'm not sure if I should just avoid it

Going to also try something differently today, going to combine stillmans with fast 5 eating window because I'm having trouble not over eating. So my first meal will be after 3 pm and I have to stop eating by 8 pm.

My august results:
Stillman's
Day 1: 179.4
Day 2: 175.6
Day 3: 173
Day 4: 171.8
Day 5: 169.6

I know I was eating chicken , cottage cheese , yogurt and beef patties......

Last edited by Vlo1125; 03-01-2017 at 07:08 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Cute title MIM. Thank you!!!

makeme- so sorry you are in pain!! sending hugs and prayers of healing your way!!

vlo - I think the ground beef is ok to use if you drain it off as it cooks. Don't let it get all crispy in that fatty goodness. You asked if I plan to eat only chicken in the last thread. I won't hold myself to it, in case I go out to eat (in which case I'll order a steak), and I would allow myself tuna, or turkey, or even a lean pork chop, if I don't have any chicken on hand, but there is literally no chance of that happening. lol. For me, chicken breast is the easiest thing to stock up on, the easiest meat to see and trim all of the fat off of, and pretty much the cheapest for me to buy in bulk here. I can assure you I would overeat eggs, ground beef, chicken thighs and legs so I just stay away. You're right. chicken is such a diet food, but I am willing to anything to get these extra pounds off with the quickness. Well... anything except get rid of my coffee and Crystal Light. lololol Great job on losing 3 pounds in 3 days!!! Look at it that way. You have still had amazing results!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

makeme's crockpot chicken was much better than baked chicken, indeed. I overate by 2 more servings and have been punished with no movement on the scale. No biggie, I am keeping positive vibes that good things will come my way by tomorrow as I wrap up a week on plan.

Also makeme... it was CAT430 with the cute lab puppy avi that took pictures of her cookbooks but I can't find them in the posts.. I ended up getting caught up in our old Stillman escapades.. heehehe

missing GT..... hope she is well.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

makeme- so sorry you are in pain!! sending hugs and prayers of healing your way!!

vlo - I think the ground beef is ok to use if you drain it off as it cooks. Don't let it get all crispy in that fatty goodness. You asked if I plan to eat only chicken in the last thread. I won't hold myself to it, in case I go out to eat (in which case I'll order a steak), and I would allow myself tuna, or turkey, or even a lean pork chop, if I don't have any chicken on hand, but there is literally no chance of that happening. lol. For me, chicken breast is the easiest thing to stock up on, the easiest meat to see and trim all of the fat off of, and pretty much the cheapest for me to buy in bulk here. I can assure you I would overeat eggs, ground beef, chicken thighs and legs so I just stay away. You're right. chicken is such a diet food, but I am willing to anything to get these extra pounds off with the quickness. Well... anything except get rid of my coffee and Crystal Light. lololol Great job on losing 3 pounds in 3 days!!! Look at it that way. You have still had amazing results!
Is chicken cheap in the states? I say someone say it was $6 for 2 lbs? Its definitely the cheapest meat here but its still $30 for 4 kg at costco which is the chepeast place but on Stills I go through a box very quickly!

I don't think I could ever gve up my coffee or CL. I always try to give up the crystal light but i love it with soda water and it helps me get my water in as I am bad at drinking water while at work!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:01 PM   #7
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Aw mms I am sorry to hear that! Hopefully a month on those pills and physiology will help!

Thanks Mar! I seriously turn into Mr T on these things! Sooo grumpy!

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-01-2017 at 11:03 PM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #8
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Happy first day of March! Join together and support one another! It is the best way to make this journey a success!
Thanks for the thread Mim.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:06 PM   #9
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
MMS - I'm so sorry about your back. I know something of the struggle with finding pain meds that work and not wanting to take them because they are so strong, but are the only things that work!
Ugh I know Mim. All I've done is avoid using that part of my back and now it's kinda seized up! They do help the pain though. I've nick named them my happy pills. I have a face like thunder this morning. It's strange that they do this to me.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:34 PM   #10
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Start weight
Day 3:165.2

Meh , NGL major disappointment there wasn't a bigger drop this morning. I tried harder yesterday, no deli meats , no extra yogurt, stayed under 1050 calories. I'm out of cottage cheese and yogurt so it's gonna be just meat and eggs today, let's see how that goes. I did drink one of those bai bubbles drinks yesterday , 2 net carbs but maybe the sugar alcohols are why i didn't drop as much gonna steer clear of those as well. I had accidentally defrosted chicken thighs and not breast yesterday so maybe too much fat? What do you guys think? I also looked through all the ground beef in my freezer and the leanest I have is 85/15 so I'm not sure if I should just avoid it

Going to also try something differently today, going to combine stillmans with fast 5 eating window because I'm having trouble not over eating. So my first meal will be after 3 pm and I have to stop eating by 8 pm.

My august results:
Stillman's
Day 1: 179.4
Day 2: 175.6
Day 3: 173
Day 4: 171.8
Day 5: 169.6

I know I was eating chicken , cottage cheese , yogurt and beef patties......
Hey Vlo... It may well just be a little bit of water. In fact, if you are doing everything right I would be willing to bet that you are losing fat. I remember some years back as soon as I gave up using the scales daily and kinda just trusted in the plan the weight started falling off. Of course there was no real difference but before this I was constantly tweaking my plan or falling off BC I felt there was no point and that it just wasn't working. Sometimes you can remain the same weight for a while but then drop 3 or 4 lbs mysteriously over night. This happened to me often. I'm actually glad I've reminded myself of this little fact!

Might sound gross but if you are worried about the beef maybe boil it a little before seasoning etc? I've done this before and it worked well.
I always avoided thighs etc but a member here reminded me that they are legal as long as they are prepared the way the good doctor says... All skin, visible fat etc removed. Al, is reading the book right now, maybe she could remind us if he says anything about thighs, legs etc? Obviously we know they are more fatty than breast meat.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #11
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I get what you mean about the legs... If cooked right, I could eat a truck load.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:51 PM   #12
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
makeme's crockpot chicken was much better than baked chicken, indeed. I overate by 2 more servings and have been punished with no movement on the scale. No biggie, I am keeping positive vibes that good things will come my way by tomorrow as I wrap up a week on plan.

Also makeme... it was CAT430 with the cute lab puppy avi that took pictures of her cookbooks but I can't find them in the posts.. I ended up getting caught up in our old Stillman escapades.. heehehe

missing GT..... hope she is well.
Oh thanks for that! We all lost so many posts... You more than anyone I think?!! Maybe Cats posts have been pulled also? That's a shame.

I was reading the July 15 thread the other day. I really miss CC. Mim and I are concerned about her actually. I miss GT too. She moved back to Ireland the last I remember. Would be great if she dropped by wouldn't it!

I'm still on plan. I refuse to be left behind again! I know that doing this when there is a fair bit of activity here makes it easier. This place has its quiet months, I'm making the best of the busy ones. It's really good to have you on board Al. You are actually keeping me on track!

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-01-2017 at 11:52 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 04:50 AM   #13
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am so happy to be on plan. I'm like you, MMS - I refuse to be left behind again!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #14
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Start weight
Day 3: 165.2
Day 4: 164.2

Trying very hard not to be disappointed ,three days in I'm down only four which is actually great but since I've done Stillman's in the past and I know that I could lose that weight in the first day or two it seems like it's coming off slower this time around. I was hoping to be down 8lbs by Friday which is totally not going to happen. Saturday and Sunday will be high-fat low-carb days so I'm very concerned about gaining weight I lost during the week. But I'm willing to try it to see if it's something that I can do sustainably. I know I can do so stillmans five days a week if I have my weekends that are somewhat a little bit more lenient. I would like to try a full two or three weeks of strictly Stillmans but right now my social calendar will not allow for that. AnyWho combining fast five with Stillman worked yesterday and keeping my appetite under control so I'm going for it again today all I've had his coffee. Going to attempt a 4 to 9 PM eating window for today .

Aleriaaa- I think you are on to something with keeping by it basic with chicken breast! This burger patties yesterday tasted so good I could've eaten more but stopped myself at 2. I developed a strong aversion to chicken breast due to an old low fat, low cal, low carb diet I did over 10 years ago. Chicken day in and day out but it works, I lost 90 lbs with that one! It was miserable though and once I discovered that I can still enjoy food and lose weight with primal and juddd I vowed to rarely eat chicken breast!

Mar- I've been thinking of giving up coffee because I just don't enjoy it nearly as much with out the cream also I've read conflicting articles , some
Say good for weightloss, others say bad for cortisol and the adrenals

Makemeslim- thanks! Crossing my fingers to that whoosh cause as of today it still hasn't happened! Don't understand why it's not coming off quicker, it's all water weight that wasn't on me 2 weeks ago and I have tried several times in the past to ditch the scale but it always calls me home LOL ! having an active thread is essential for me to stick to plan! I've been on weightloss forums since the early 2000's!

Mim- that's the spirit!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:04 AM   #15
lowcarber
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarber
Hi, I am new to this whole site but have been peeking at the threads and comments here and there. I bought the Stillman booksoff of amazon a few months ago and am willing to give it a try as I need to lose fast for vacation April 8th.

Current weight; 182.1

I would like to lose 20 by vacay.and it seems on Stillman's this is doable. I am addicted to diet pepsi and for the life of me can't get used to black coffee. So I had coffee with splenda and cream this morning, made lean ground chicken for lunch with no fat cottage cheese and i will have egg drop soup for supper. let the suffering begin lol

I have lost following atkins induction before and know the first 3-4 days are hard. I will try and add some jogging/walking in a week or so

I will try and go black with my coffee again but it might have to be my cheat while doing this...

I am hoping this site will help me be accountable
lowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #16
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Start weight

Trying very hard not to be disappointed ,three days in I'm down only four which is actually great but since I've done Stillman's in the past and I know that I could lose that weight in the first day or two it seems like it's coming off slower this time around. I was hoping to be down 8lbs by Friday which is totally not going to happen. Saturday and Sunday will be high-fat low-carb days so I'm very concerned about gaining weight I lost during the week. But I'm willing to try it to see if it's something that I can do sustainably. I know I can do so stillmans five days a week if I have my weekends that are somewhat a little bit more lenient. I would like to try a full two or three weeks of strictly Stillmans but right now my social calendar will not allow for that. AnyWho combining fast five with Stillman worked yesterday and keeping my appetite under control so I'm going for it again today all I've had his coffee. Going to attempt a 4 to 9 PM eating window for today .

Mar- I've been thinking of giving up coffee because I just don't enjoy it nearly as much with out the cream also I've read conflicting articles , some
You are doing great!

I would keep in mind that you have already lost a bunch of weight on stills and sometimes we don't get the same results after we lose the initial weight. I have lost 10lb in a week starting stills but I have also only lost 3 (I have started lots lol) I try to remember that if I quit because I am losing slowly then I won't lose any weight and 3 lbs a week of slow weight loss is still weight loss vs nonposs or gaining because you were upset and quit and then binge ate (I have done this)

I have tried to quit coffee I can't. If doesn't seem to slow my loses so I will keep it but I do wonder sometimes if it does and I could be losing more. maybe next time I stall I will try to quit coffee and see what happens?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #17
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Start weight

Aleriaaa- I think you are on to something with keeping by it basic with chicken breast! This burger patties yesterday tasted so good I could've eaten more but stopped myself at 2. I developed a strong aversion to chicken breast due to an old low fat, low cal, low carb diet I did over 10 years ago. Chicken day in and day out but it works, I lost 90 lbs with that one! It was miserable though and once I discovered that I can still enjoy food and lose weight with primal and juddd I vowed to rarely eat chicken breast!

Makemeslim- thanks! Crossing my fingers to that whoosh cause as of today it still hasn't happened! Don't understand why it's not coming off quicker, it's all water weight that wasn't on me 2 weeks ago and I have tried several times in the past to ditch the scale but it always calls me home LOL ! having an active thread is essential for me to stick to plan! I've been on weightloss forums since the early 2000's!

Mim- that's the spirit!
It happened to me a while back... I stuck to plan and lost nada! I was constantly weighing. I do think it's water to some degree. I mean, calories in, calories out right! It has to give at some point. I bet if you agreed to skip the scale for ten days but stuck to plan you would lose a decent amount of weight and it wouldn't feel so difficult. What do you say Vlo? A week maybe? I swear you'll feel better for it!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:24 PM   #18
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarber View Post
Hi, I am new to this whole site but have been peeking at the threads and comments here and there. I bought the Stillman booksoff of amazon a few months ago and am willing to give it a try as I need to lose fast for vacation April 8th.

Current weight; 182.1

I would like to lose 20 by vacay.and it seems on Stillman's this is doable. I am addicted to diet pepsi and for the life of me can't get used to black coffee. So I had coffee with splenda and cream this morning, made lean ground chicken for lunch with no fat cottage cheese and i will have egg drop soup for supper. let the suffering begin lol

I have lost following atkins induction before and know the first 3-4 days are hard. I will try and add some jogging/walking in a week or so

I will try and go black with my coffee again but it might have to be my cheat while doing this...

Hello LC. . Yup, Stillmans can give great results! It can be very challenging the first few days but don't let that put you off. If you find it too difficult, start higher fat and reduce after a few days or so. That way you'll already have some appetite suppression. After 5 days of Stillmans your appetite will decrease dramatically. The most difficult part (I think) is getting those first 3-5 days out of the way. Look forward to seeing you do this!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #19
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Current weight; 182.1

This site is great for accountability!

When is your vacation?

I still have milk in my coffee I prefer cream but I figure milk is better so that's wht I have!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:42 AM   #20
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hi lowcarber! You so can lose 20 pounds, but if it doesn't happen by your vacation, don't despair. Keep at it and stick with us.

My scale is being mean to me. I'm on plan, so I'm not going to let it stress me out too much. Silly scale.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #21
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Start weight
Day 5: 164.2

Sigh........idk idk had beef patties, chicken sausage, deli ham, yogurt and cottage cheese yesterday, 1100 calories. Even if the burgers are too fatty that's still a calorie deficit so I should still be losing Very much considering just doing a down day( juddd) and fasting today. I don't want to go into the weekend at 164 because I could very well come out of it 166-168.

Mar- I think cream is supposed to be better than milk, milk has sugar and carbs, cream is just fat. I'd go back to cream if it's what you prefer anyways! Well I'm definitely experiencing the same, this round of stillmans just isn't yielding the impressive losses that my first round did. Could be that I weigh less or body is just really stuck in 160's and doesn't want to budge!

Mim- my scale is being mean to me too!

Makemeslim- you are right I definitely need to give the scale a break but I always fear gaining if I'm not constantly vigilant. The times in my life when I didn't weigh were the times I also put on massive amounts of weight. 2 summers ago we went on a month long trip where I thought I was being healthy ( excercising a ton, staying gluten free) and I was shocked when I came back home and had gained 18 lbs! sigh, I'll give it a try next week, I'll weigh Monday and then I won't weight again till Friday, baby steps

Lowcarber- I think for sure if you follow stillmans strictly you can definitely lose 20 lbs by April for your trip! Welcome and good luck!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:39 AM   #22
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Mar- I think cream is supposed to be better than milk, milk has sugar and carbs, cream is just fat. I'd go back to cream if it's what you prefer anyways! Well I'm definitely experiencing the same, this round of stillmans just isn't yielding the impressive losses that my first round did. Could be that I weigh less or body is just really stuck in 160's and doesn't want to budge!

!
While that may be true for Atkins it's not necessarily true for stillmans. Stillmans wants you to have low low fat so in that case the milk is better. You are allowed unlimited ff cottage cheese so I think a bit of milk in hot coffee is ok.

Also this is a tangent but I realized when I did atkins that people keep saying cream had no carbs but it's because of the serving size. A serving of milk is 1 cup, cream is a tbsp. so if that if you put them to the same serving you are getting 6 g of carbs per serving for cream so although is lower it isn't carb free.

My normal weigh was the 160ss for years but once I finally started losing it did go down. Just keep doing it! I have to follow my own advice right now too and not quit because I am not weighing so I don't know if I am losing and it's a slippery slope for me. But I am trying to remember if I quit now I stay if I stick with it even if it's slow loss it's still a loss.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #23
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hellooooooo! So sorry I missed you guys yesterday! It was quite a day. I stuck to plan but I do NOT chicken.

My weekly results are in..

2/24 Day 1 (0 lbs) Chicken Breast, mustard, coffee with S&L, CL
2/25 Day 2 (-4 lbs) same
2/26 Day 3 (-1 lb) same
2/27 Day 4 (-1 lb) same
2/28 Day 5 (-2 lbs) same
3/1 Day 6 (-0) same
3/2 Day 7 (-0) same
3/3 Day 8 (-2)

So if I count Friday morning to Friday morning, that's 10 lbs gone. But today is the start of Day 8, so maybe I should only count 8 lbs gone this week. Why is this math so difficult?

Either way, its a good day! I was struggling gagging down chicken yesterday, but it paid off. I plan on sticking to the same simple plan this coming week. I'm not ready to strip away my condiments yet. But I am going to try to stick to 2 chicken breasts, unless I turn to beast mode on the grumpy scale, and then I will have another. I will not pass 3 however, from this day forward.

Gotta catch up on the posts! Hoping to read some great success stories!!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:06 AM   #24
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Is chicken cheap in the states? I say someone say it was $6 for 2 lbs? Its definitely the cheapest meat here but its still $30 for 4 kg at costco which is the chepeast place but on Stills I go through a box very quickly!
I stocked up for $1.99/lb the last run! Cheapo. But I do have to trim them up a little bit. I normally would pay $2.49/lb on a regular basis.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:11 AM   #25
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Might sound gross but if you are worried about the beef maybe boil it a little before seasoning etc? I've done this before and it worked well.
I always avoided thighs etc but a member here reminded me that they are legal as long as they are prepared the way the good doctor says... All skin, visible fat etc removed. Al, is reading the book right now, maybe she could remind us if he says anything about thighs, legs etc? Obviously we know they are more fatty than breast meat.
IM2 used to rinse and drain her ground beef! Nothing exactly related to thighs and legs, but you know Stillman hated fat in every sense of the word. He repeatedly yelled at us over and over again to remove all visible fat. I'm not liking him very much right now..
Old 03-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #26
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So you too have experienced the power of chicken!! 90 lbs gone is fantastic!!! Job well done!!! Im so happy you have more healthy plans in your toolbox! Ive never tried primal or judd. Hope you get the results you are looking for today!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #27
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am so happy to be on plan.
Lets get this done MIM!!! woohoo!!!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #28
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Current weight; 182.1

So happy to have you here with us Lowcarber!! You sound prepped and ready to go! Nothing stopping you now. Stillman allows Diet Pepsi so drink to your content! Sorry you have to suffer, but you have the right mindset, and you are not alone!

We're rootin for ya! Drop those pounds for your vacation. Let's do this!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #29
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
The most difficult part (I think) is getting those first 3-5 days out of the way.
I never want to go through those first 3-5 days again!!
Old 03-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #30
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi lowcarber! You so can lose 20 pounds, but if it doesn't happen by your vacation, don't despair. Keep at it and stick with us.

My scale is being mean to me. I'm on plan, so I'm not going to let it stress me out too much. Silly scale.
No stress! Positive vibes! You are right, that silly scale. Dont even use him tomorrow!!!