Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-19-2017, 06:24 AM   #211
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
MMS - I ordered my instapot on Amazon.

I have been working on my closet so that I can get a treadmill! It will have to be in my closet - A huge walk in - because that is the only place for it. I'm doing minimalist wardrobe, so there will be plenty of room. I just need to decide which treadmill to get!
Make sure you get one where you can use the incline when you are actually using it. Some of the not so good ones require you to alter the incline when you are off the machine.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #212
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I actually did 100... Though not all at once. I think the muscles have memory, that's what I've heard any way. I use to have a super strong core. I'll give you a laugh... When I was in labour with my daughter I gave one push but had this overwhelming feeling that if I pushed as hard as I could, it could cause problems... So I asked the midwife if I should be pushing as hard as I could... She looked at me like I was mad and said of course you should dear. So on the second push I gave it my all and my daughter literally flew out! I swear to God! The midwife was screaming, stop! Stop! But It was too late. I had to have stitches unfortunately but thankfully my daughter was fine. Sorry if TMI but it still makes me laugh today. Although induced due to preeclampsia, both of my children were born in under 30 mins, my first was 20 mins and that's including labour. It's called rapid childbirth apparently. My mother gave birth to me in 10 mins. Must be a family thing. Personally, I hated being pregnant. I know lots of mothers like it and I won't deny that it's a beautiful thing thing but i just didn't like being pregnant.
Ive fallen to the floor and cannot pick myself back up.... Wonderwoman. Thats who you really are.

I being pregnant.
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #213
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Make sure you get one where you can use the incline when you are actually using it. Some of the not so good ones require you to alter the incline when you are off the machine.
Important advice!!! You do not want a manual incline!!

Also, 16 inch belts are way too small. 18 inches is enough. 20 is great if you are getting higher end but these tend to be bigger machines. It was also important for me to get one with a range of buttons for incline and speed. I did not want to have to keep pressing the same button to increase or decrease. One and done!
Old 03-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #214
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Another option is that I am NOT EATING ENough and for all I do, I need to keep eating.. and maybe when I try to cut back, I feel awful?

omg--- so freaking confusing!lol
sending hugs and hoping you find the right balance! None of us have been zero carb for as long as you have. Wish we could give better advice. You're right, it is ALL so confusing!!
Old 03-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #215
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Hello ladies! I posted over in the 3 week challenge but wanted to introduce myself and join you all here. I have attempted Stillmans in the past but never made it past the first few days. This is day 6 and I'm proud to say I have stayed on plan eating three meals a day consisting of a variety of meats and eggs. I am highly motivated as I am getting married in Jamaica in October. I hope to see the great results that many of you have had and appreciate all of you sharing your tips and experiences!
Welcome!

I am getting married in November so let's hit our goals together!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #216
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Another option is that I am NOT EATING ENough and for all I do, I need to keep eating.. and maybe when I try to cut back, I feel awful?

omg--- so freaking confusing!lol
At work you taking and multivitamin? Maybe you are low? That's when I get super tired.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #217
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I actually did 100... Though not all at once. I think the muscles have memory, that's what I've heard any way. I use to have a super strong core. I'll give you a laugh... When I was in labour with my daughter I gave one push but had this overwhelming feeling that if I pushed as hard as I could, it could cause problems... So I asked the midwife if I should be pushing as hard as I could... She looked at me like I was mad and said of course you should dear. So on the second push I gave it my all and my daughter literally flew out! I swear to God! The midwife was screaming, stop! Stop! But It was too late. I had to have stitches unfortunately but thankfully my daughter was fine. Sorry if TMI but it still makes me laugh today. Although induced due to preeclampsia, both of my children were born in under 30 mins, my first was 20 mins and that's including labour. It's called rapid childbirth apparently. My mother gave birth to me in 10 mins. Must be a family thing. Personally, I hated being pregnant. I know lots of mothers like it and I won't deny that it's a beautiful thing thing but i just didn't like being pregnant.
Wow! Those are some muscles! My mom always tells a story or when she had me she tried to sit up and I shot out! I came into this world fast aand I keep doing everything quick haha. She was in labour for like 36 hours before that though so maybe that was me procrastinating, I also still do that haha.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #218
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
MMS - I ordered my instapot on Amazon.

I have been working on my closet so that I can get a treadmill! It will have to be in my closet - A huge walk in - because that is the only place for it. I'm doing minimalist wardrobe, so there will be plenty of room. I just need to decide which treadmill to get!
I would like a treadmill too. But I barely use the equipment I have. Now that my gazelle is upstairs I use it more but I don't want everything in my living room. I just don't like to hang out in the basement though! It's cold down there and we don't let the dogs down there so I feel bad when all three sit at the top of the stairs and stare at me.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #219
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Meal one off plan was ok... I definitly had way higher fat and a had a few bites of off plan foods but there were complex carbs not regular so at least that was a bit better. The meal was actually probably better than the last 2 I had this month.
I have another dinner tonight hope it goes as well as last night or better. It's so hated not to be in control of my food but I am not going to say anything at a big family dinner I will just do my best!

I just want this month to be done so I don't have an off plan meal every week! I am going on a trip in April and another in May and I would really like to be on plan until both.

I just need to get a back bone and say I can't eat that but I can't seem to do that. I associate food with happiness and celebration and so I feel bad if i don't eat the food but I am sure that's not how other see it and I am not being rude to say I can't eat that but that's how I feel.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #220
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I would like a treadmill too. But I barely use the equipment I have. Now that my gazelle is upstairs I use it more but I don't want everything in my living room. I just don't like to hang out in the basement though! It's cold down there and we don't let the dogs down there so I feel bad when all three sit at the top of the stairs and stare at me.
oh my gosh, my pups did the same thing!! laid down all sad and stared at me while I got my sweat on. lol It was the funniest and saddest sight ever. I tried to get him downstairs but he seemed afraid of it.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #221
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

MAR- I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight! You should enjoy every minute of it with your friends and family. You are doing great by continuing to keep it in check and be able to celebrate!! That is the most important part.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #222
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Another chicken day. Chicken for brunch. Then chicken sausage and eggs for dinner after munching on the chicken I made last night. Great thing about pressure cooker is it falls off the bone. I def ate the dark meat parts as well, but I worked out this morning and five days total this week. I usually burn 500 calories or so, it shouldn't matter much since my protein is high and there are no carbs. I didn't get a chance to stop at grocery store to get more ground turkey, so I'll be eating chicken and eggs the next few days. I have an injector on order &I I can't wait to try it.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #223
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

OMG it's 4am, I woke up half an hour ago and my face and eyes are swollen really bad. I don't know what to do. I started crying... Not bc I was worried what was wrong with me but bc I'm worried I'll be left with baggy skin around my eyes. Shows how shallow I am. People I look fecking awful. I washed my face in cold water. I don't have any antihistamine. I don't look like me.
I'm praying it goes down quickly. My breathing is fine. I'll keep checking it I guess...
Old 03-20-2017, 05:39 AM   #224
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG it's 4am, I woke up half an hour ago and my face and eyes are swollen really bad. I don't know what to do. I started crying... Not bc I was worried what was wrong with me but bc I'm worried I'll be left with baggy skin around my eyes. Shows how shallow I am. People I look fecking awful. I washed my face in cold water. I don't have any antihistamine. I don't look like me.
I'm praying it goes down quickly. My breathing is fine. I'll keep checking it I guess...
Aww feel better love. Hopefully it goes away. Could you have had an allergic reaction to something you ate?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #225
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Makeme I just brought back bacon/rashers! I never heard of it before u posted on this form lol. Hopefully I'm remembering correctly and it's stillman/Dukan friendly bc I purchased it.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #226
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Today was a total chicken day. I'm finishing up the chicken I made this weekend. I had that for lunch and when I got home from the gym. I also had a chicken sausage even tho I wasn't hungry lol. I made it for dinner, and while it cooked I started munching on my other chicken which filled me up fast. I have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow and then I'm going to have dinner with a friend before a broadway show. She's getting married and is on low carb too so I trust we will go somewhere with Lc food. Last time we went to a really good steakhouse. Just realizing I forgot to pick up ground turkey or lean beef, so wed looks like another chicken day lol. I feel like once I get back from my vacation I want to start adding in fish for dinner.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:43 AM   #227
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow! Those are some muscles! My mom always tells a story or when she had me she tried to sit up and I shot out! I came into this world fast aand I keep doing everything quick haha. She was in labour for like 36 hours before that though so maybe that was me procrastinating, I also still do that haha.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:44 AM   #228
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Ive fallen to the floor and cannot pick myself back up.... Wonderwoman. Thats who you really are.

I being pregnant.
Yup.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:51 AM   #229
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I bought my treadmill on EBay. It was a steal honestly! It's as good as the ones they have at the gym. It's very study. It can be stored upright with a really easy action which is great for space saving. It literally takes a second to put up or down. The previous owners bought it but never used it. Always worth checking out eBay!

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-21-2017 at 03:52 AM..
Old 03-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #230
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Meal one off plan was ok... I definitly had way higher fat and a had a few bites of off plan foods but there were complex carbs not regular so at least that was a bit better. The meal was actually probably better than the last 2 I had this month.
I have another dinner tonight hope it goes as well as last night or better. It's so hated not to be in control of my food but I am not going to say anything at a big family dinner I will just do my best!

I just want this month to be done so I don't have an off plan meal every week! I am going on a trip in April and another in May and I would really like to be on plan until both.

I just need to get a back bone and say I can't eat that but I can't seem to do that. I associate food with happiness and celebration and so I feel bad if i don't eat the food but I am sure that's not how other see it and I am not being rude to say I can't eat that but that's how I feel.
So much of this losing weight game is head stuff isn't it! The truth is, there will always be occasions and celebrations. I too associate food and wine with both. It's a hard thing to break. I have a friend who really does not get it at all but I stand my ground. She will say openly and loudly things like, "now come on a little bit of cake won't kill you," Or, "there is nothing wrong with a few potatoes." She reminds me often that Dr Atkins died from being overweight. I told her he fell on ice, she says BC he was overweight and had a heart attack and it goes on and on! I've talked until I'm blue in the face but she really can't see it any other way so I just leave her go her own devices. Her motto is "a little bit of what you fancy does you good." Maybe she is right but I'm not in this mess BC of a little of what I fancy. I've got to the point where I really don't care what people think of my eating habits. If I offend I'm sorry, too bad. I know that sounds harsh but I've had to become that way for my own sanity.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 AM   #231
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
Another chicken day. Chicken for brunch. Then chicken sausage and eggs for dinner after munching on the chicken I made last night. Great thing about pressure cooker is it falls off the bone. I def ate the dark meat parts as well, but I worked out this morning and five days total this week. I usually burn 500 calories or so, it shouldn't matter much since my protein is high and there are no carbs. I didn't get a chance to stop at grocery store to get more ground turkey, so I'll be eating chicken and eggs the next few days. I have an injector on order &I I can't wait to try it.
You are doing great! I recently discovered chicken sausages. There is a brand here called Heck and it's only 72 calories and 1 carb for two sausages! I might have a couple for lunch with a poached egg. I've not had an appetite lately but the thought of chicken sausages seems quite appealing...

I really must look in to this pressure cooker/Insta pot thing (thanks Mim!). How long does it take to cook the chicken until it's falling off the bone? Is it as good as when it's slow cooked? Sorry for all the Q's.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #232
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Aww feel better love. Hopefully it goes away. Could you have had an allergic reaction to something you ate?
Thanks Kriss, I wrote on the challenge thread about it... I think it was a bite. I look like a sight for sore eyes right now. I've had to cover my face in Vaseline. It's peeling horribly.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:14 AM   #233
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Makeme I just brought back bacon/rashers! I never heard of it before u posted on this form lol. Hopefully I'm remembering correctly and it's stillman/Dukan friendly bc I purchased it.
I have honestly not had a problem with bacon rashers. No matter what low carb plan I've followed. I cut every bit of visible fat off when doing Stillmans or Dukan or I buy them ready trimmed. Some people watch their salt intake, I do not. Dukan is all for avoiding salt BUT recently it seems to be accepted that lack of salt/electrolytes etc is actually the main cause for carb flu on low carb diets. Lots of people doing low carb actually up their salt intake now. If I'm feeling particularly weak, I take potassium and it makes a huge difference! When you think of how much water we lose when low carbing it makes sense I think. Obviously its only my personal opinion, I only know what I know if you know what I mean. I honestly would not worry about a few bacon rashers. Some people say that salt makes them hold on to water but that doesn't have to mean they are not burning fat. I bend the rules and have found what works for me. If something fits the macros, I OK it and see how I do. I'm not strictly by the book but I am strict. For example, shirataki noodles and usweetend almond milk are two staples that do not deter my weight loss at all. In my opinion, almond milk has better macros than cottage cheese so I see no reason for it not to fit in my plan. The milk I buy is basically lean protein and no carbs, it's also very low in calories and I lose the same with or without it. I've kind of gone off topic but I got told off a while ago for considering these foods legal. To me they are legal because the macros fit but I agree they are not by the book.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:19 AM   #234
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Today was a total chicken day. I'm finishing up the chicken I made this weekend. I had that for lunch and when I got home from the gym. I also had a chicken sausage even tho I wasn't hungry lol. I made it for dinner, and while it cooked I started munching on my other chicken which filled me up fast. I have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow and then I'm going to have dinner with a friend before a broadway show. She's getting married and is on low carb too so I trust we will go somewhere with Lc food. Last time we went to a really good steakhouse. Just realizing I forgot to pick up ground turkey or lean beef, so wed looks like another chicken day lol. I feel like once I get back from my vacation I want to start adding in fish for dinner.
It's great that you have a low carb buddy! You can't beat a good steak! I think I have some I need to throw. I've not been eating and so I've not kept on top of what's in the fridge. I think I have chicken that will have to go too. I really hate when that happens. Why didn't I freeze it, ugh!

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-21-2017 at 05:22 AM..
Old 03-21-2017, 06:21 AM   #235
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You are doing great! I recently discovered chicken sausages. There is a brand here called Heck and it's only 72 calories and 1 carb for two sausages! I might have a couple for lunch with a poached egg. I've not had an appetite lately but the thought of chicken sausages seems quite appealing...

I really must look in to this pressure cooker/Insta pot thing (thanks Mim!). How long does it take to cook the chicken until it's falling off the bone? Is it as good as when it's slow cooked? Sorry for all the Q's.
Yes, they are so good. I haven't had slow cooker chicken in a while, but I'm going to say it's better. It pressure cooks it so it helps keep it juicy. I had. 4.5lb chicken so I put it in for 40mins. I then flipped it and steamed it for another 10. Even if you don't get the instantpot brand, pressure cookers are awesome for quick meals.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #236
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes, they are so good. I haven't had slow cooker chicken in a while, but I'm going to say it's better. It pressure cooks it so it helps keep it juicy. I had. 4.5lb chicken so I put it in for 40mins. I then flipped it and steamed it for another 10. Even if you don't get the instantpot brand, pressure cookers are awesome for quick meals.
I def want one. I saw a video on Youtube and this pot did both, slow cook and pressure cook. That would mean I could get rid of my Crocpot and just have two in one. I can't wait to try it out. I love the Crocpot but it would be great to have a pot that cooks in lightening time!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #237
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girlies!! It's going to be another on plan day for me. Although I should prob be using plain puréed tomato, I have decided to use ketchup! Honestly, I am so bad at portion control, but I'm going to give it a few days to see if it's possible to eat chicken that tastes good and still lose weight. lol.

Make me- you poor thing! I am so sorry this happened to you!! Hugs!

Kriss- order that steak tomorrow night! You will sooooo feel like you are cheating! Yum!! And try a vodka crystal light too! lol

If you guys are on face. book, there are so many insta pot groups. Totally worth checking out. I don't own one but am a junkie for food videos and recipes. Some of them even make yogurt.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #238
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Had a rough day yesterday. I am transitioning back to Dukan this week just so I don't quit. I am also thinking I have a super busy month of April and am thinking Dukan is better to do because it's easier to stick to when traveling and not prepung my own food.

Good news:I didn't gain weight this month but I lost inches.. considering I have had so many meals off plan! AND I got my wedding dress and it was a size smaller than I had tried in January! I ordered it on the size I am now but they can take it in up to 2 sizes so hopefully I can have it taken in!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #239
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Girlies!! It's going to be another on plan day for me. Although I should prob be using plain puréed tomato, I have decided to use ketchup! Honestly, I am so bad at portion control, but I'm going to give it a few days to see if it's possible to eat chicken that tastes good and still lose weight. lol.

Make me- you poor thing! I am so sorry this happened to you!! Hugs!

Kriss- order that steak tomorrow night! You will sooooo feel like you are cheating! Yum!! And try a vodka crystal light too! lol

If you guys are on face. book, there are so many insta pot groups. Totally worth checking out. I don't own one but am a junkie for food videos and recipes. Some of them even make yogurt.
Hey Al. I've just put two chicken breasts with lime, ginger and coriander in the oven. I bought them ready seasoned. I forgot I had them, I hope they are good.

I reckon if your carbs are low enough. you will still lose weight even with the ketchup, especially if your calories are low too. Let us know how it goes. Stillman does say ketchup doesn't he. Does he limit the amount? Can't remember. Guessing so? With Dukan you can have a tablespoon of purée or tin tomatoes. You can also use small amounts of onion and gherkin etc. I just need to remember that he states to use like a condiment and not like a vegetable or I could certainly go over board, especially with onion! I love fried onions! Sausage and fried onion sounds so good right now... A dollop of tomato purée and I'll be away. It Seems my appetite is returning.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #240
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Had a rough day yesterday. I am transitioning back to Dukan this week just so I don't quit. I am also thinking I have a super busy month of April and am thinking Dukan is better to do because it's easier to stick to when traveling and not prepung my own food.

Good news:I didn't gain weight this month but I lost inches.. considering I have had so many meals off plan! AND I got my wedding dress and it was a size smaller than I had tried in January! I ordered it on the size I am now but they can take it in up to 2 sizes so hopefully I can have it taken in!
That is awesome!! Congrats.