Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #241
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Had a rough day yesterday. I am transitioning back to Dukan this week just so I don't quit. I am also thinking I have a super busy month of April and am thinking Dukan is better to do because it's easier to stick to when traveling and not prepung my own food.

Good news:I didn't gain weight this month but I lost inches.. considering I have had so many meals off plan! AND I got my wedding dress and it was a size smaller than I had tried in January! I ordered it on the size I am now but they can take it in up to 2 sizes so hopefully I can have it taken in!
Oooh how exciting! What style wedding dress did you go for Mar? Great job!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #242
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
It's amazing how much work you can get done when you're not thinking about food. The past two days I've been focusing on only eating lunch at work, so it's nice to just push thru. I've gotten so much done. Then I broke for lunch later than expected when I was physically hungry. I thought I'd finish my chicken, but I still have a little left. I didn't separate the dark/white meat, but I had a killer workout yesterday, so I think I'm going to keep it as close to stillman as possible but not fret too much over fat.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #243
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
It's amazing how much work you can get done when you're not thinking about food. The past two days I've been focusing on only eating lunch at work, so it's nice to just push thru. I've gotten so much done. Then I broke for lunch later than expected when I was physically hungry. I thought I'd finish my chicken, but I still have a little left. I didn't separate the dark/white meat, but I had a killer workout yesterday, so I think I'm going to keep it as close to stillman as possible but not fret too much over fat.
Your on a roll Kriss! It's nice when it doesn't feel like an uphill struggle, I get that! It's 7pm and I've not eaten much at all today. I might have a frappe with oat bran later. That's if I can be bothered to wash the blender out. I'm feeling super lazy/tired today and unlike you I've not got much done at all. Keep up the good work Kriss! Do you stop eating by a certain time if you eat in the evening? I was thinking of cutting off at 8. In the future I would like to have an eating window of something like 1- 7pm but I'm thinking I'll be higher fat when I get round to doing this.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #244
Libby
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Libby
Stats: 163/162/130
WOE: Stillmans
Quote:
Welcome!

I am getting married in November so let's hit our goals together!
Congratulations! Sounds like a great plan! Let's do this!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #245
Libby
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Libby
Stats: 163/162/130
In my 9 days on plan, all of my food has been delicious! Over the weekend we put 2 chickens and a roast on the smoker so we have meat for the week! Last week, I bought a rotisserie chicken and after we had it for dinner, I turned it into soup. Boiled eggs have rounded out my menu. I buy a reduced sugar ketchup which has 1 g carbs vs 5 g for regular. I will make bland chicken if/when I hit a stall. I also made a chicken salad using a blended up boiled egg as the mayo substitute as suggested on the recipe thread. It was fabulous!
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #246
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Your on a roll Kriss! It's nice when it doesn't feel like an uphill struggle, I get that! It's 7pm and I've not eaten much at all today. I might have a frappe with oat bran later. That's if I can be bothered to wash the blender out. I'm feeling super lazy/tired today and unlike you I've not got much done at all. Keep up the good work Kriss! Do you stop eating by a certain time if you eat in the evening? I was thinking of cutting off at 8. In the future I would like to have an eating window of something like 1- 7pm but I'm thinking I'll be higher fat when I get round to doing this.
How does the oat bran taste? That's the one thing I skip on when doing Dukan, lol. I had Invisalign not too long ago, so I'm used to having two meals, lunch and dinner. I just got out of that habit for some odd reason. My eating window seems to be 12:30-8:30ish. I don't have a set time, but after my gym glass and getting home I eat and then I'm not hungry. I get hungry at work, but I think it's more mental. Coffee and water is enough until lunch time. Try the eating window. You may like it.

Today I stuck with my chicken. I had a keto dinner of steak that had bacon and cheese on top! It was delish, but it's not what I thought I ordered. Heading home now to defrost my chicken breasts for tomorrow and workout before work.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 PM   #247
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
In my 9 days on plan, all of my food has been delicious! Over the weekend we put 2 chickens and a roast on the smoker so we have meat for the week! Last week, I bought a rotisserie chicken and after we had it for dinner, I turned it into soup. Boiled eggs have rounded out my menu. I buy a reduced sugar ketchup which has 1 g carbs vs 5 g for regular. I will make bland chicken if/when I hit a stall. I also made a chicken salad using a blended up boiled egg as the mayo substitute as suggested on the recipe thread. It was fabulous!
Smoked chicken is so yummy. My brothers friend used to make it for our bbqs. Interesting idea with the blended boiled egg. I may have to try that. I usually make my chicken salads with farmers cheese.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #248
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Oooh how exciting! What style wedding dress did you go for Mar? Great job!
I eneded up going for a short white lace dress. I think it's A-Line? It has pockets! So I like it haha. The dress is pretty plain but I this way I can accessorize it!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #249
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh I would love to have some homemade smoked meat!i had forgettoen ahoutbit I will have to talk to my future inlaws and see if they can make me some because they have a smoker!

How was the "chicken salad" I have blended up cottage cheese in the past for it and it was ok... didn't think to use an egg.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #250
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
How does the oat bran taste? That's the one thing I skip on when doing Dukan, lol. I had Invisalign not too long ago, so I'm used to having two meals, lunch and dinner. I just got out of that habit for some odd reason. My eating window seems to be 12:30-8:30ish. I don't have a set time, but after my gym glass and getting home I eat and then I'm not hungry. I get hungry at work, but I think it's more mental. Coffee and water is enough until lunch time. Try the eating window. You may like it.

Today I stuck with my chicken. I had a keto dinner of steak that had bacon and cheese on top! It was delish, but it's not what I thought I ordered. Heading home now to defrost my chicken breasts for tomorrow and workout before work.
When I was younger I didn't eat before 1 or 2pm and I often only ate once a day
but would eat large amounts. It really suited me back then and just kinda happened naturally. I was slim and very fit. I never should have listened to the advice that breakfast was the most important meal of the day. I was never hungry in the mornings back then.

I buy coarse and fine oatmeal from Holland and Barrett. Both are great. I put the fine in a frappe that I make with vanilla, coffee, ice and stevia. I just throw it all in the blender, it's really good and so filling! The H&B oatbran tastes similar to porridge oats/oatmeal.

The steak really does sound yummy
Old 03-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #251
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I eneded up going for a short white lace dress. I think it's A-Line? It has pockets! So I like it haha. The dress is pretty plain but I this way I can accessorize it!
Lace. Sounds very romantic!! Accessories really make an outfit. I've never had a wedding dress but if I did I would have done the same. I wouldn't want anything too fussy. Adding nice accessories is the key I think.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-22-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Old 03-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #252
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well done Libby. It's great when you're on plan and enjoying your food. The blended egg sounds interesting! I might try it and add some cress or chives.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 AM   #253
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Oh Mar! I can't wait to see pictures of you in your dress! It is so fun to get the dress - everything is real!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 AM   #254
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Gah being prepared is so important. I didn't have time to make my lunch in the morning, so I ended up eating some chicken wings at work. No sauce but with the skin. I had chicken breasts, too. Dinner was some lean beef with a little light sour cream. A bit of a higher fat day, but not exactly keto. I had my workout class to leave for at 6:30am, so I just had enough time for getting out the door on time lol. Next two days back to strict still before my trip.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:10 PM   #255
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Past two days have been half still half keto. Not even keto, just more fat but still. O carbs. I had 2 grilled chicken breast for lunch then after work I had an Italian unwich from jimmy John's. so it's just lettuce wrapped around salami, provolone and ham. Today I had chicken breast. I made some last night so that will prob be dinner, too. Sorry to be that annoying person who's "off plan", but I'm glad I haven't allowed myself any carbs. I usually fall off during weekends and this is second week being super strict. I'm off to cancun in the morning, but my appetite is totally reset it seems. I'm hardly hungry. I didn't have any pms cravings, so the plan is just as low carb as possible there. I will be having tons of guac tho bc when in Rome . I hope you ladies are having a fab week!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:39 AM   #256
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Enjoy your vacation Kriss!! Hope you have an amazing time!!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:44 AM   #257
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great job Libby! 9 days on plan! (and probably a few more under your belt by now) That is fantastic! Love how you are prepared and even experimenting! Great job!!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #258
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So exciting!! and very trendy! Do you still have short hair? I agree with MIM, we cant wait to see pictures!!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #259
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Helloooooo out there?!?!?

Anyone up for a QWL challenge? I have got to get these extra pounds off with the quickness! Summer is approaching for me and I do not want to have to hide! Come on. Let's do this.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:32 PM   #260
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Helloooooo out there?!?!?

Anyone up for a QWL challenge? I have got to get these extra pounds off with the quickness! Summer is approaching for me and I do not want to have to hide! Come on. Let's do this.
I am down! I have a trip coming up Easter weekend so I am going to be strict until then!

I have been doing fairly well but have had a bad snack a day the last couple days so being strict would be good to kick that!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:41 AM   #261
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Ok MAR, you're on! Bye bye bad snacks and bye bye pounds! I'm gonna put another 6 chicken breasts in the slow cooker today, and shred 'em up
Old 03-29-2017, 05:56 AM   #262
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

I picked up some new sleeveless tops yesterday, a size smaller than I am right now. Besides QWL, I am kicking exercise up a notch! gonna bust out some squats and "counter top" push-ups today. I can't handle a real push-up like some of you! lol. Also gonna get in my hour on the treadmill. If I type it out here, I have to do it. lol
Old 03-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #263
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great day everyone! I'm gonna also do better at checking in from my phone during the week!! So who's out there? Jump in and let's get this done
Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #264
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I got a new treadmill yesterday! I live on the second floor and I haven't finished preparing a place to put it, so I had the delivery guy put it in the garage. I'll get some guys from church to bring it up for me this weekend - after I get things organized so that I can actually set it up!
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #265
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I picked up some new sleeveless tops yesterday, a size smaller than I am right now. Besides QWL, I am kicking exercise up a notch! gonna bust out some squats and "counter top" push-ups today. I can't handle a real push-up like some of you! lol. Also gonna get in my hour on the treadmill. If I type it out here, I have to do it. lol
Good for u! A push-up is a push up.

I'm def game for qwl challenge. My April is pretty dry socially, yay!
Old 03-29-2017, 07:33 PM   #266
krissakris
Senior LCF Member

I had an awesome vacation, and enjoyed all the non low carb friendly foods. It was an amazing getaway, but I'm glad to be back to my usual routine. I don't know how people do longer than a few days at all inclusives. Brunch was usual chicken breasts. Had two string cheeses on my way home after workout. Came home
And had 6-8 oz of lean beef with a tablespoon of light sour cream. I picked up my fave chicken sausage again and 2lbs of turkey burgers for lunches and dinners.

I can't believe we are a few days away from April.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:33 AM   #267
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad you had a good vacation, Krissakris! Good job jumping back on the wagon!

I've been using my insta pot a lot! I made a whole chicken in it yesterday. I'll make bone broth tonight!
Old 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #268
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I am on day 4. I waited to make sure it was going to stick before I posted.

Mim, congrats on the treadmill. I need to get on mine! I know I love when I get in the habit of using it. I think you will too.
How was the whole chicken in the pot? I am thinking of getting an Instapot.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #269
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Sorry I have been mia. Still zero! Doing adf but want to update you ladies and see how you are all doing!

Hope all is good!!
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #270
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Bratty - I love my InstaPot! You definitely should get one!