Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #61
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Thats perfect! Nice and easy, keep everything simple while you begin this journey. Everything will fall into place except your pants. They will be falling down!! Here's to quick weight loss and getting it over and done with!
OH yes. I mean, I even have low fat or fat free mayo in a pinch with the eggs. Bleh!

I just pounded up a family pack of chicken, and cut them all in half. I didn't realize it, but I was out of chicken broth! I also couldn't get the thing to work. So I said screw it! Forked the chicken, and added three of the big ones into the crock pot on an 8 hour low. And, topped with 1/4 cup hot sauce. I'll get better as I go. The rest are in the fridge so I'll probably cook three pieces everyday and do it that way. Add seasonings, etc. I also like to shred chicken. But if it's moist enough, it will fall apart on it's own. Yum!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #62
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

I should mention my start date is tomorrow, so I will weigh in then. About 100-115lbs to lose. Oye!
Old 03-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #63
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Hi ladies!
Good news. I am not in too bad shape. I am still determined to lose about 7 but it's hard for the last few!

I love your motivation. I think it's mainly muscle that is keeping the weight but I better with less on me.

Alerria you always remind me that it's up to me!!! I have to feel good with myself and even if I am not overweight according to the society norms, I want to feel good about me!

Anyhow... thinking about tanning?? Something new and fun to get me motivated. Working out is great but I need a new look!

Kind of scared because I am pale!! Maybe spray tan?

How are you guys doing?

Thanks for the support!!
I will post my weight on the other challenge.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #64
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
I should mention my start date is tomorrow, so I will weigh in then. About 100-115lbs to lose. Oye!
looking forward to watching you shrink! you got this
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #65
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Hi ladies!
Good news. I am not in too bad shape. I am still determined to lose about 7 but it's hard for the last few!

I love your motivation. I think it's mainly muscle that is keeping the weight but I better with less on me.

Alerria you always remind me that it's up to me!!! I have to feel good with myself and even if I am not overweight according to the society norms, I want to feel good about me!

Anyhow... thinking about tanning?? Something new and fun to get me motivated. Working out is great but I need a new look!

Kind of scared because I am pale!! Maybe spray tan?

How are you guys doing?

Thanks for the support!!
I will post my weight on the other challenge.
I love tanning salons.. all warm and cozy...always made me feel better and look better for sure!! Alas, I am not allowed to go.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #66
Peace
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Peace
Thanks for the support!! Why no tanning for you?

Weight wasn't too shabby but one scale was different then the scale at the gym.

Hope you are all good. I am on my phone so I can't read all the posts and reply.i just hope you are all doing amazing!
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:55 AM   #67
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Holy cow, I wrote on the monthly thread that I woke in the early hours and my face was swollen. People it was twice the size! I swear my eyes were like slits. It's much better now, but not back to normal. I'm worried about the skin around my eyes as it was really puffed out. They are still a bit puffy, I have bags. I also have a patchy dry rash on my cheeks and chin. I've no idea what caused it. I've not used any new products? It was strange BC when I woke up, I was dreaming someone punched me in the eye. I don't know why but I put the light on and looked in the mirror. I was horrified! It didn't even look like me. I should call the doctor but it's gone down a lot so I guess it's getting better. I'm scared to get washed in case the body wash starts it up again. I use Jason products (not sure if you have them in the US but they have no nasty stuff in them) so I should be OK but I'm terrified of everything. I wonder if it's something I ate? I think you can suddenly become alergic to things you've not had a problem with before. Strange that I woke up with it. I was fine when I went to bed...

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-20-2017 at 04:06 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:16 AM   #68
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: 261/250.6/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: January 3, 2016 (this time!)
Maybe an insect bite, MMS?
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #69
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! Day 1 for me. I weighed myself this morning, and I need to lose a total of 123.9lbs to reach my ultimate goal weight. Oye! Seems so far from where I'm currently at.

Well, I ended up using two crockpots to make chicken last night. One had 3 pieces of chicken covered in hot sauce. The other had a Mrs. Dash onion/garlic blend. I had them both on low for 6+ hours, and when the temperature meat temperature wouldn't go above 145 degrees, I shredded the chicken and put on high. I gotta say, I think having them on low really helped with the flavor. I'm surprised it took so long to cook, but they're pretty tasty. Even so, they are very slightly dry, but not too bad. I still have to drink water with it.

I'm a little confused on how to figure out the nutrition for the chicken. Only because when I plug it in my phone app, I'm finding a lot of varying information on the nutrition. Either way, it seems I'll be between 900-1000 calories today.

Breakfast: 4oz chicken
Snack: 1 serving cottage cheese
Lunch: 4oz chicken
Snack: 3 hard boiled eggs
Dinner: 4oz chicken
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM   #70
It'stime
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: It'stime
Stats: 180/177/140
WOE: Alternate Day Fasting with Fung
Start Date: June 22, 2017
Hi Ya'll

Wow MMSiim, I hope you find out what did it!

ThisWay, good diet plan! I haven't decided on my meal for today, but planning to eat at 7

No Tanning for me. It would be called Freckling......

Well good day to all and let's lose.....
It'stime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #71
It'stime
Major LCF Poster!

Aleriaaa....................Pounds lost so far 05lbs....................3 week goal 15lbs
BrattyS.....................Pounds lost so far ??lbs.....................3 week goal 15lbs
It'sTime....................Pounds lost so far 01lbs.....................3 week goal 12lb
IWas........................Pounds lost so far ??lbs.....................3 week goal
Kris..........................Pounds lost so far ??lbs.....................3 week goal
Libby........................Pounds lost so far 05lbs.....................3 week goal 15lbs
Makemeslim..............Pounds lost so far 02lbs....................3 week goal 12lbs
Mim........................................2. ........................ .........3 week goal 10lbs
Peace.......................Pounds lost so far ??.........................3 week goal 10lbs
Old 03-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #72
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: age 60, prednisone since 11/16
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: 4/2006 restart:
Hi ladies! Here to cheer you on again! Congratulations on the first three week challenge!
Izzysdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:36 AM   #73
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Maybe an insect bite, MMS?
Mim!!! I found what I think is a bite at the bottom of my neck where my back begins. It's really inflamed and sore. I didn't think a bite could cause swelling in my face/eyes but I spoke to the chemist on the phone and he said it was definitely possible so I'm taking antihistamines. I look awful... My face is covered in red patches which are dry and its pealing terribly. The night it happened I had the window that is close to my bed open and I do remember having the sensation of something really small running across my face but I brushed it away and just assumed it was a strand of my hair. I totally freaked out and ripped my bed apart when I found the bite mark but I've found nothing. I've not eaten a single thing since sunday evening, I just have no appetite at all. I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm a pound up. I know it's not fat, it can't be... I have to eat, I'll try at lunch time. All this over a bite?! If I'm not better tomorrow I'll call my GP.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 AM   #74
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
Hi Ya'll

Wow MMSiim, I hope you find out what did it!

ThisWay, good diet plan! I haven't decided on my meal for today, but planning to eat at 7

No Tanning for me. It would be called Freckling......

Well good day to all and let's lose.....
Thank you.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:38 AM   #75
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzysdream View Post
Hi ladies! Here to cheer you on again! Congratulations on the first three week challenge!
Hi Izzy. How ya doing?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #76
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

My face is peeling so bad. I can't go out like this. There is skin literally hanging off around my nose and mouth and my cheeks have brown dry patches. What kind of insect bite does this? Maybe the swelling caused the skin to peel? I don't know but I look awful. My son just asked if I would leave the room as he was eating and it was putting him off his food! He wasn't being rude, he said it was making his stomach turn.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #77
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
My face is peeling so bad. I can't go out like this. There is skin literally hanging off around my nose and mouth and my cheeks have brown dry patches. What kind of insect bite does this? Maybe the swelling caused the skin to peel? I don't know but I look awful. My son just asked if I would leave the room as he was eating and it was putting him off his food! He wasn't being rude, he said it was making his stomach turn.
That sounds really bad! Can you get to a doctor to look at it? The antihistamines can cause some water retention I think. I'm still the same, off the sugar/gluten, still on prednisone and now a beta blocker for my blood pressure. Both meds not kind to weight loss. But in good spirits, the good weather is helping.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #78
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That sounds really bad! Can you get to a doctor to look at it? The antihistamines can cause some water retention I think. I'm still the same, off the sugar/gluten, still on prednisone and now a beta blocker for my blood pressure. Both meds not kind to weight loss. But in good spirits, the good weather is helping.
I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow, I've eaten today so things are getting better. It's all very strange though. I've covered my face in Vaseline which seems to be helping the tight feeling I have.

It's such a pain when you have to take meds that prevent weight loss. Glad you are in good spirits Izzy! I got to a stage where I just seemed to be going up and up, I wasn't even maintaining. I'd lose some then put it back on with some extras and it was going on worryingly fast! I'm happy with the Dukan diet for now and feel there is enough variety to take me to goal and keep me interested. Stillmans is brilliant but I find it hard. For the longest time I really couldn't stick to anything. I was in a horrible very unhappy place. I felt hopeless. Even though I'm doing good I still sometimes think oh if only I would have done this sooner, I would be closer to goal now. I got to my heaviest weight ever. On a positive note, my head is in a good place now and the scale is finally going in the right direction. I'm not worried about the pound I gained as I know it can't be fat. Thanks for the heads up about the water retention! If the scale is not good this Sunday, I'll know why. I'm not weighing again until then. I'm thinking I'll stop the antihistamines today as the swelling has all but gone. Just the blotchy peeling skin to deal with.

Really want to thank you and everyone here for the support. I honestly couldn't do this without you guys. I've messed up so many times but the members here are always so welcoming I've kept coming back. I know there will be bumps along the way but I feel I'm on the losing train now. Something has finally clicked.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #79
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Mim, thinking of you today. How are you doing?
Old 03-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #80
It'stime
Major LCF Poster!

hi MMSlim, is the bite sight doing anything? Could this have been a spider bite?
Glad you are so motivated. Motivation spreads....

Well I'm feeling pumped too. I made it past last night where I was fighting the huge desire for noodles. OMG! they almost had me. But instead I woke up to a pound loss This could have been a 2 pound gain, at least. Noodles make me gain fast.

How are you doing Peace?

Last edited by It'stime; 03-21-2017 at 02:19 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 03:51 PM   #81
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'stime View Post
hi MMSlim, is the bite sight doing anything? Could this have been a spider bite?
Glad you are so motivated. Motivation spreads....

Well I'm feeling pumped too. I made it past last night where I was fighting the huge desire for noodles. OMG! they almost had me. But instead I woke up to a pound loss This could have been a 2 pound gain, at least. Noodles make me gain fast.

How are you doing Peace?
Hi It'stime. My son killed what looked to me a bit like a mosquito earlier. It was in my bedroom but it was by the window so I don't know if it just flew in and I put two and two together... I'm not even sure if it was a real mosquito as it was rather big compared to the ones I've seen overseas.

I've got a thing about spiders! I'm terrified and what I don't like about my new place are all the webs I can see on the roof top. I've had a few incidents with spiders in the few months I've been here. There have been two nests in the kitchen. They were tiny little things but lots of them. Of course I got rid of them. The old owners were into nature and insects. I know they kept bees along with another neighbour on our street where I lived. It made me think they would be the type to just let spiders nests do there thing and that might be why I had a couple of nests soon after moving in. I'm freaking out BC September is spider month and these nests were in December and January!

The bite/spot on the lower part of my neck is like a hard lump and it's painful to touch. It's red and inflamed but the skin around it is fine. It might not even be a bite but I rarely ever get spots and if I do I never get them on my neck or back. It's strange that the blotchy, skin and swelling is/was on my face. The eye area was where the swelling was most noticeable and that's nowhere near the spot. If this place turns into spiderville I'd honestly have to move! I really, really don't like spiders. I'm no longer going to leave my windows open during the night which is a problem BC I like to sleep with my bedroom window open even during the winter months. It's something I've always done.

Well done not giving into the noodles! It's great that you were rewarded so the next time you are really craving something off plan you can use the fact that you dropped weight the next day as motivation to stay on plan. I've often wondered if big cravings come just before a significant drop in weight. Maybe as a way of trying to keep our weight stable? Don't know if there is any truth in this but it's possible I guess?

Congrats on the drop and again on beating the craving! So many success stories on here lately and its really motivating.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #82
Izzysdream
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The bite/spot on the lower part of my neck is like a hard lump and it's painful to touch. It's red and inflamed but the skin around it is fine. It might not even be a bite but I rarely ever get spots and if I do I never get them on my neck or back. It's strange that the blotchy, skin and swelling is/was on my face. The eye area was where the swelling was most noticeable and that's nowhere near the spot. If this place turns into spiderville I'd honestly have to move! I really, really don't like spiders. I'm no longer going to leave my windows open during the night which is a problem BC I like to sleep with my bedroom window open even during the winter months. It's something I've always done.
It sounds like you may need an antibiotic. Years ago I had a spider bite on my butt that turned into a big hard boil! Yuck! I still have the scar. If I had gotten on the antibiotic right away it wouldn't have gotten so big.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #83
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It sounds like you may need an antibiotic. Years ago I had a spider bite on my butt that turned into a big hard boil! Yuck! I still have the scar. If I had gotten on the antibiotic right away it wouldn't have gotten so big.
I'm going to call my GP tomorrow, see what she thinks. Things have calmed down a lot! Still not looking too great though!

That sounds painful. This bump is hard also. It hurts to touch.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #84
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey Mim, thinking of you today. How are you doing?
I am overwhelmed with busy! But on plan and looking forward to Friday - my day off!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:20 AM   #85
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am going out to lunch with parishioners today. It is at a country club so I can't look up a menu. I would assume though that they have salads!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #86
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I am overwhelmed with busy! But on plan and looking forward to Friday - my day off!
Hope Friday comes soon for you!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #87
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

So I've decided to move to phase 2 of the Dukan diet (the Cruise phase) come Sunday... Just in time for Mother's Day. This means I'll alternate pure protein days with protein and veg days. Really looking forward to veggies but hoping cravings don't become a problem on the protein only days.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:20 AM   #88
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Happy day off Mim!
Old 03-25-2017, 05:36 AM   #89
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I've decided to move to phase 2 of the Dukan diet (the Cruise phase) come Sunday... Just in time for Mother's Day. This means I'll alternate pure protein days with protein and veg days. Really looking forward to veggies but hoping cravings don't become a problem on the protein only days.
makeme!! Im wondering if I should try this too. Maybe grilled chicken breast and broccoli or brussel sprouts. Are tomatoes allowed?
Im thinking salsa as a condiment. hmmmmm... How much weight is usually lost per week on Dukan? I really want the quickest results, but will settle for just quick!!

Our Mother's Day isnt until May, but I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Enjoy!!!

So, my ketchup experiment failed this week. For some reason my brain eventually counted it as a cheat, and then it was game over. I have officially failed the the 3 weeks no cheats challenge. (but I made THE most amazing blank blank blank blank blank )
Old 03-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #90
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
makeme!! Im wondering if I should try this too. Maybe grilled chicken breast and broccoli or brussel sprouts. Are tomatoes allowed?
Im thinking salsa as a condiment. hmmmmm... How much weight is usually lost per week on Dukan? I really want the quickest results, but will settle for just quick!!

Our Mother's Day isnt until May, but I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Enjoy!!!

So, my ketchup experiment failed this week. For some reason my brain eventually counted it as a cheat, and then it was game over. I have officially failed the the 3 weeks no cheats challenge. (but I made THE most amazing blank blank blank blank blank )
Hello Al!
Dukan is fast weightloss! It's what GT did to lose over 100lb! Phase one is similar to Stillmans except you are allowed 0% yoghurt, milk, cheese etc. Must be 0% though. Phase one weight loss on Dukan is close Stills. You can have and are actually advised to use really small amounts of gherkin, onion etc as condiments and are allowed a tablespoon of tomato purée or tinned tomatoes a day. Phase two the veg is unlimited on the Protein/veg day but you can't have any at all on your pure protein day as the title suggests. Being able to have yoghurt and use milk for Frappes and milkshakes etc makes phase 1 feel like a treat compared to Stillmans. I mix strawberry jelly powder into my Greek yoghurt, it's amazing! You also have a tablespoon and a half of oatbran each day. People often make pancakes with it. I really like the stuff, it's so filling. I sometimes put it in my yoghurt. Why don't you give it a go! If you go on YouTube and type Dukan diet audio book, you can listen to the do's and don'ts.

Last edited by makemeslim; 03-25-2017 at 09:54 AM..