Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #271
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Great job Amy!!!! Planning ahead is 3/4 of the battle!! You'll be rocking those guess jeans in no time! Seriously!! Quicker than you think!!

I had mustard on my chicken today too!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #272
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

I wish my pickle juice had the mother in it...
Old 07-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #273
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
DL!!!!

Thats the way to get 'er done!!!! Love love love the prepping!! You will get this done and over with in no time.

Congratulations for 14 years sober. That is an amazing accomplishment. Wear that tshirt proud, woman!!

OK, OK, so your on vitamins too... With 3 kids you need all the energy you can get!!

Do you notice a big difference with the vitamins or have you just taken them all these years? Doesnt matter.. I will get on board with this I promise!
Aw thanks! Yes I hate swallowing pills and supplements too. I tried and tried to correct my thyroid with a strong supplement but it didn't work.. I had to get medicated for that. But I do think the glutamine, magnesium, and potassium definitely help. I mean, I feel a difference. Magnesium totally corrected my bathroom issues and glutamine is so hugely helpful for a host of things from muscle repair to anxiety... it's one I can't do without!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
Old 07-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #274
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Sugar Free View Post
DL! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing a bit about who you are! God is so good. He has a unique way of bringing peeps together for help,support and care. We are so happy to have you here.

BTW, I kinda HYJACKED this thread of late as I've been MIA for almost a year or more... So, please forgive me other ladies for bumbrushing in here. LOL

Oh AL, I am so HAPPY you will be doing the vits. It REALLY REALLY HELPS. My goodness, my finger nails where paper thin until my Dr. said I was not doing well systmically. I said, WELL, THOSE DAYS ARE OVER WITH and I jumped in full force.

DL, I'm rushing off to be with the fam; but, I'd love to respond to all you posted. PRAISE GOD for your gift of sobriety. It is a gift.

I was JK about the supid drinks... LOL I was just trying to think of the most expensive more sugar laden alcoholic drinks out there to make my point that everything is realtive and that you should try the Crab. HAHAH

OH AL, I eat it plain. It's sooooooo sweet and tasty. It's the one in the clear squatty jar in the fridge section. Checkitout, yo!

BBL

Hugs and love

b
Haha.. love it about the 'poo poo' issues. I have been chronically constipated forever thanks to my wonderful thyroid, but magnesium has been a God send. I cannot live without it.

And yes I LOVE IT how God brings us together. I am glad I found this thread, I've been here before actually but I don't think it was as active then. Very glad to be here and have the support and encouragement!

I keep forgetting to drink the ACV. I know it's good for me but when I swallow it it makes me wanna hurl for a while and it burns soooo bad going down. Makes my throat feel like I just ran a 7 minute mile. UGH. But I know I need to drink it.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-09-2017, 07:28 PM   #275
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAmy View Post
A pound a day? Thirty pounds in a month?
If I lose half that in twice the time I'll be sooo glad. My "skinny jeans" are a pair of Guess jeans from the 80s that are about size 8 and a pair of size 6 Levis Mom jeans. They await in the back of my closet.

Tuna in a pouch at midnight--not good. HB eggs will remain my work standard, minus the mayo of the last three years. Mustard is really a nice change!

My husband grilled a bunch of chicken breast and I have some more "slo-roing" in my crockpot too. There will be no running out of chicken this week. Chicken and eggs.

I'm gonna see if the book is available to borrow now. I mentioned psmf because that is what I was looking for when I found you Stillies! Loving loving loving this group and this change in my diet!
Thank you for being here.

~Am (y)
7/7 189.8
7/9 185.6
Ahhh Mom jeans, I love it! I had all these straight leg Levi's from the 1990's I tried to sell to Platos closet but no one wanted them. too out of style they said. I still think they're cool. I had those Guess jeans too with the zippers on the ankles. When I was in 8th grade I got the largest pair they made in size 32 as I was 165 lbs at that time.. I soo soo badly wanted to fit into those that I pried myself into them and wore them to school even though they were skin tight. It was around that time I went on my first crash diet and ate only 300 calories a day for a couple of months. When those jeans finally fit normally it was the best feeling in the world although I'm sure that diet set me up for a lifetime of metabolic damage.

I also looked up some Guess jean skirts and thought it would be fun to buy one for nostalgia sake. Those really high-waisted, A line ones. Cute as can be.

Can't wait for you to get into those jeans of yours! I bet it will happen a lot faster than you think!!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 07-09-2017 at 07:30 PM..
Old 07-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #276
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Al YES!!!! L Glutamine, L Carnatine, Co Q10, VIT C, a Calcium Magnesium blend, TJ's has one and Resveratrol. But, I wanted to start easing you in; we don't want you blown out of the water! LOL So here's the run down:

Multi (Costco) Get the one for MATURE PEOPLE, has more vits.

Vit B, Vit C Vit D (Trader Joes)

Potassium 100 mg.

FISH OIL Omega 3 (Costco) Take 1, 3x a day! Heart health.

Vit D with Mag Take two tabs at night will help you poo poo. You can take up to 600 mg of Magnesium for poopoo issues. It's also good for nerve integrity!

Let's start with this for now.

Then add CoQ 10 and the other two amino acids!

Love uz! You will feel so great

LASTLY, Grab a bottle of BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR! Put a tablespoon in your CL as it burns fat and alkalizes the body. SO GOOD FOR US. Do not get any other brand of ACV as Braggs has THE MOTHER. The active microbs in the vinegar! Work your way up to at least 3 T a day of ACV.

Hugs,

B
Oh I forgot to say thank you for the kind words about my sobriety. And don't worry, I'm not freaky, fanatical, or militant about other people 'not drinking.' lol. Most everyone I know drinks socially. My DH is a 'normie.' He has one beer and says "WOW I CAN FEEL THAT!" lol. I was a bad, compulsive drinker from age 15-30. It was no good for me and progressively got worse. So, if people are around me drinking and having fun I have absolutely no issue with it... if they're sloppy drunk, well that's another story and I'll probably need to excuse myself soon. It's weird though, I don't mind being around people who are having a good time or a few drinks. I just know where it takes me so I just avoid that first one and I'm good. I also prevent myself from making a whole lot of BAD food choices. I can remember 'waking up' after a night out and knowing I went to some fast food place because the wrappers are in bed with me. Or, the fast food bags or boxes are in the car but I don't remember going there. No good!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 07-09-2017 at 07:43 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 04:52 AM   #277
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!! Thank you all so much for the great advice!! I keep hearing "you're depleated, eat your vitamins" the only one I'm nervous about is the fish oil.. bleck.. don't think I want to add fat at this juncture. I know I'm crazy, but I'm scared I'll get that ... "you ruined it, Al" voice in my head. Crazy, but I know me! lol

Today, I need to do some food shopping and get some more slo ro goin. I'll pick up more of those McCormick seasonings too. The rotisserie and Jamaican jerk, and I'll see what other goodies I can find.

I may try to take the kids to the amusement park today. if they ever wake up! Wondering if I should pack a coolie to eat in the lot for before and after... or maybe I can sneak in a few tuna pouches.

Have a great day Girlies!! Xoxo
Old 07-10-2017, 05:16 AM   #278
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello ladies. Hope you all had a good weekend. I was not rewarded by the scale this morning, but that is ok. I used to call Monday "Fat Monday" because I'd almost always be WAY up due to some indiscretion over the weekend. So, all is not lost. I am proud to have STS. 129.4. Not bad, I will take it. My hips came down a half inch too so I will have to take that until the scale catches up. It's crazy because I FEEEL like I look slimmer! My body MUST be feeding on its adipose tissue, right????

Mastering the weekend was a big deal; it's been a while. I had 900 cals each day and went to the parade/festival and also a BBQ yesterday and everything, and did not veer off plan!!!

Off to work, I will be back later. Hope you have fun at the amusement park if you go Al! Tuna pouches are always great and portable.

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 07-10-2017 at 05:18 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #279
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
3 weeks off plan and I am up 8 pounds. 6 of that is water bloat and it will all be gone this week. No too bad!

I am guessing it has been pretty quiet since there is no July thread.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #280
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha! I didn't realize this was still the June thread!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-10-2017, 02:57 PM   #281
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Ahhh Mom jeans, I love it! I had all these straight leg Levi's from the 1990's I tried to sell to Platos closet but no one wanted them. too out of style they said. I still think they're cool.

I also looked up some Guess jean skirts and thought it would be fun to buy one for nostalgia sake. Those really high-waisted, A line ones. Cute as can be.
Good news -- these are all back in fashion!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #282
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amélie
Hi everyone!

Speaking of clothes - my entire closet is full of clothes waiting for me to fit back into them. I refuse to buy big clothes because I think if I do, then I'm accepting that I won't lose the weight.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #283
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: B Sugar Free
Stats: Post Preggers HYPOTHYROID 210/146/130
WOE: Stills/Dukan/Atkins Mnts
Start Date: Started 2002(Goal 2004) Restart 5/6/15
HI LADIES!

ARGH, Back in school today! I will do all I can to pop in as much as I can.

DL, my goodness; how much you have gone through. I am so happy you found freedom from that bondage. Good for you. It must be very empowering to have control over that behavior. Congrats.

Al, how was the amusement park?

I hope all you ladies are staying strong and having success. I think for some reason, I am not losiing wt. bc my calories are so low. My body simply shuts down and dosen't let go of anything if my cals go below 700 and they were for 3 days and then I stopped losing wt. SO, I"M GONNA EAT 2 EGGS a day to boost the cals a wee bit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hugs and love. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:45 AM   #284
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 298/149/183/140
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 3/25/14 and today
May we all be wearing our skinny clothes quickly! (The whole dang closetful...)

I'm not buying big clothes either, Amelie. Especially now that I have a little hope with Stillman's.

Aleria, do you put anything on the tuna in the pouches? The one I had the other night was white tuna and too fishy-dry. I will try the albacore but not at night. Such a perfect food if I can get used to it without mayo. Mustard?

B, the school year will fly by. Nursing is the best . Good idea with the eggs. They might be the most nutrient dense food, plus satisfying and convenient. I hope you can "still" pop in here lots.

DL, STS can be a very good thing. That skinny feeling doesn't lie. The scale will follow. I think I remember those cute Guess skirts. You should definitely get one! I got my Guess jeans circa 1985. The poor things are faded cut-offs now actually.

"The Book" is checked out but I'm on the waitlist. I won't have time to read it till this weekend anyhow. Meanwhile, the info is all here. I'm trying to do just what the QWL sticky says. Still surprised about appetite suppression without dietary fat. Hoping my liver is digging right into my adipose with both fists...
Old 07-11-2017, 03:58 AM   #285
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!! Crappy sleep last night. I slept from 10-midnight, woke up, saw how crazy early it was and that I'd only been asleep 2 hours - slept again midnight to 3- then DH got up to work on something for meetings he has today and I was hungry... it's hard to sleep when hungry and there wasn't going to be any more sleep so I just got my butt out of bed. Started in on the coffee... yeah...

I had a turkey burger patty for dinner last night and 2 SF jellos and it did not hold me. Oh well, I will be tired today, it's not the end of the world!! More coffee...

I am doing well-- today is day 7 of Stills... I was down .4 today. Last Wed I was hugely up due to sitting in the hot sun all day on the Fourth of July... so I am down like 6 pounds since then but it was just a crazy amount of water. As I mentioned before my body just LOVES 130. So if I could even come down to 125 I'd see that as majorly amazing. Now it's time to chip into the 'real' weight. I do feel really good that I'm not eating packaged crap anymore. I was getting too friendly with the Quest bars and chips and those things are dang expensive!

I ordered a pair of denim Miss Me capris from an online thrift store site I probably can't mention here and got them a couple of weeks ago.. they're pretty cool and were only 20 bucks I think. They're a size 28 and fit but not baggy by any means..lol. I think they'd look better if I lost 5ish lbs. On that same site, I found all the fun Guess stuff. I used to love wearing the Guess bibs because I was chubby in junior high and the bibs were generously cut.. lol... the site has many other fun stuff to search though like Girbaud and Pepe jeans.. I was back in 8th grade again!

Hi B...thanks, yes, sobriety is treating me well. I work with alcoholics and addicts all day every day which can wear on a person, but I guess it's my lot in life. HEY there Amy, Amelie, Bratty and everyone! I agree, tuna gets old, but it does its job. I used to put FF sour cream in it but lately have been eating it plain. Yesterday I had roasted turkey breast, HB eggs, and the dinner I already told you about. My losses are sllloooooowww but I'm trying to focus on the other victories. I like how I feel SO much less bloated. I don't look as squishy. I think I look leaner and my attitude is better! It's amazing how crabby and pissy I can be when my eating is not on point. And I agree the appetite suppression is GREAT!! I love how I'm not constantly thinking about food.

I hope you all have a wonderful day -- I will BBL.

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 07-11-2017 at 04:07 AM..
Old 07-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #286
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

DL!

I just LOVE my Guess high waist mini jean skirt. It's a size 0-2! I CANNOT WAIT to wear this in about a month! I'll take pics! How much are you trying to lose? It seems like you are very, very close to goal. And, 6 lbs in a week is DA BOMB. We have to allow our bodies to adjust and settle in to this WOE. My body actually sometimes gets really bloated like week 2 and I gain a few lbs as I am detoxing and getting my hormones adjusted. Estrogen is stored in our fat cells and that hormone can be unforgiving if a blast of E is curing through out blood. BLOAT CITY! But, I am fully aware of this and chill-lax during this process.

What do you do for work; are you a sobriety coach. I bet it is difficult having to pour your life out all the time. It does get draining. But, I'm POSITIVE that you little light is helping so many!

I LOVE the appetite suppression and even temper that comes with LC. Why I leave this WOL I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. I feel so amazing, energized, focused, happy and ALIVE! LORD GOD, help me to maintain with an Atkins Paleo Diet so as to remain healthy for the rest of my life... PLEASE GOD!!!

As per the mustard and hot sauce, I say GO FOR IT! OBVIE, don't bathe in them, but they are freebies. Just make sure no hidden carbos!

DL, Try and take Melatonin, 3 mg. an hour before you go to bed. It really helps to sleep and is not addictive. Melatonin is also great for our Neurotransmitters... MElLOs us out and makes us feel good. Give it a whirl!

Old 07-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #287
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

AM, aka, AMY! I just LOVE that you are a nurse too. How exciting to have you here! I am really excited and blessed to finally get into NS. It sure is A LOT of work; but, I love it. Last term, I studied like 8-10 hours a day. It was brutal. But, the pay off was immense as I procured a 4.0. THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN! LOL Where do you work; and what field to you practice? I want to be an OR Nurse. I dig plastics and really would enjoy not being around too much sickness. I have a very tender heart. Also, I would LOVE their schedule. Up at 5 am and finished by 3. This is for me!

How much are you looking to lose also. Me, 25.

Did you have time to do the slow ro, yet? Give it a try as it is way tastier than packet of tuna. OH, but if you want the convience for work, try COSTCO's WILD ALBACORE TUNA by WILD PLANET. It is packaged in the tuna's own juices and you do not strain the liquid you just mix it into the tuna and it is DELISH! I use garlic mustard with this. It does the trick and only 200 cals a can. BAMB!

Old 07-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #288
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

GURL! DO NOT TRIP over the fat in fish oil! Seriously, the amount of fat in those puppies is literally negligible and the benefits are immense! Costco has Krill oil that is teeny tiny, so you can start off with one of those a day and work your way up from there. You really need to replenish all these micro- nutrients. Trust me, momma~ When I FINALLY LISTENED TO MY BODY and started taking my vits and mins and oils, my nails actually grew back. They were literally paper. My skin looked really yucky and I was not well. But, you know your own body and you will do what is best for you, I have utter and complete confidence in you!

Well, FINALLY, today when I woke up, my bloating had subsided to normal again. Phew! That was no fun! I also feel more energy as well. Every week I just seem to feel better and better.

The ACV Water that I am drinking is really detoxing my body and leveling out my Ph. Gotta love the simple things.

Adding a wee bit more fat in the eggs and eating one turkey burger has elevated my cals to 850 and I feel better. Here's to hoping this will get me out of starvation mode and into easy, consistent weight loss in the next few weeks.

Hugs and love,

Off to school~

Old 07-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #289
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeypie
Hi everyone!!

And Aleriaaa! <3!! Haha. So nice to see you "back". I am back with my tail between my legs. I had a really horrific year, and after getting very close to goal, I ended up back at my highest weight ever again, within 6 months, and with NO binging even! It has been coming off at a snail's pace since April 12th when I went back on normal Atkin's induction, and at my height, and at my super high weight, I have barely, and I mean BARELY shifted 20 lbs in 3 months of under 20g carbs per day.

I have not been ready to go full-hog (pardon the pun) Stillman's until now, but I MAY be about to, now.

I just wanted to ask you guys about fat-free yogurt though. Because I have always been a Stillman's purist, I have NEVER gone anywhere near the fat free yogurt or fat free cream cheese options. However, this last week I have been eating basically Stillman's + fat free yogurt... and I have lost 5 lbs in the last 7 days. Which is A LOT, considering I have only lost 19.6 lbs TOTAL in the last 3 months now.

I was just wondering if any one could chime in to me please with your fat fat yogurt on Stillman's personal experiences please? And also, anyone know right off the top of their heads what the fat free cottage cheese Stillman's guideline amount per day was, please? I will go check the sticky now, but just in case it doesn't say. I do have all the books, but no idea where right now.

I am feeling SO re-motivated to get the rest of this weight off once and for all, because I have literally been CRYING for the last 3 months, at how FAST it came on, and how S L O W L Y it wants to come off again...

Anyway... I'm happy to see so many familiar faces, and I am excited at the thought of getting back on, 110%. I even made a commitment to ban ALL alcohol for AT LEAST the next three months - and for me, that is something that I've NEVER done before, in my entire LIFE. I'm not even having my like, 2 glasses, 2 x a month that I had gotten it down to, until now.

Anyway, thanks for listening. And I'll be looking forward to any of your thoughts and experience on Stillmans with the fat free dairy question.

I realize the consensus is largely going to be "it stalls". I guess I was just wondering if anyone is able to come back and say, "Yeah, I ate a cup of fat free yogurt on Stillmans and it never stalled me at all"
Week 4, 07/29: -5.1 lbs
Old 07-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #290
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 298/149/183/140
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 3/25/14 and today
Quick note before work. Three HB eggs and chicken breast ready for lunch.

Honeypie, glad you are here. Atkins worked till it didn't for me too. I just plain eat too much.

B, I work surgery/stepdown. Very nursey with drips, drains, dressings. It is what I love. I am trying to get to 140 and then will try to stay in the 140s. My first batch of slow-ro, my slow cooker insert cracked so I need a new one. Will look for the wild planet tuna, thx! Glad you are over the bloat...onward and downward!

DL, at some point I will be wanting new/old guess jeans! My goodness, size 28 is tiny! My little jeans are 30. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Have a great evening All!

~Amy
Old 07-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #291
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hello!!! Quick check in from the phone... welcome back honey pie!! You know the deal. This is the place to be for quick weight loss!! Woohoo. I say go for it. Keep the plain fat free yogurt and add crystal light or sugar free jello mix to it. I would limit it to half a cup per day. If this is what keeps you going the rest of the way, then it will work out perfectly!!! Hugs!!

I never made it to the park. We hung out by the pool all day and were very very lazy. (Sorry to rub it in Amelie. Feeling bad your stuck in winter!!) lol

I'm working my way toward the vitamins, I swear, B!!! I am not in tune with my bod at all. But luckily my hair and nails are in good shape.... for now.

I bought an instantpot today on prime!!! I'm so glad I didn't have to wait til it went on sale for Christmas.. my slo ro is gonna be ready in 15 minutes or less!! (I don't really know that for sure). I just ordered it this morning and it's expected tomorrow. Im kinda bummed I through 8 more chk breasts in the slow cooker, but it's all good!

Hi bratty!!! Welcome back from vacation!!! Hope you had a great time at the beach!!

So glad to see everyone is on plan!!! You girls are amazing!!!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 07-11-2017 at 05:21 PM..
Old 07-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #292
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

BTW.. I'm still on plan but the weight hasn't moved in a few days. I'm expecting a big whooosh coming my way!!! And for all of you too!!!! Xoxo
Old 07-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #293
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

I use green tea peach mango crystal light (my favorite) to wash down my tuna in the pouch. lol

If I were to do canned, I would use mustard and hot sauce like the others.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #294
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Honeypie- I see your eliminating alcohol and that is the absolute best thing you can do. If you look at my signature from my last round of Stills, the zero/1 lb weeks were when I had drinks. There is nothing worse than being on QWL for s week, with no loss to show for it!! Check in here daily. We will help get you through this.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:50 AM   #295
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GOOD MORNING!

So glad to see all of you and read your posts yesterday. I think I'm the only kid on the block without an insta-pot. I bet you're excited to get yours Al. Must put that on my wish list. I do have a crock pot...but I'm sure that's archaic compared to this newfangled thing I hear about all the time.

B, I am a licensed addiction counselor. I work with people who have all sorts of addictions behaviorally or chemically- but mostly drugs and alcohol. I work in a clinic that offers psychiatry, therapy, chemical dependency, in-home nursing and dietary services. I do about three hours of group therapy per day and then the afternoons are assessments and individual sessions. I've been doing it 11 years. Most say the 'shelf life' of a LADC is about 3-5 years, but for some reason the good Lord gives me the strength for one more day of it. I went back to school for my masters in 2011 thinking I'd leave the field and do something else, but that hasn't happened. I do love seeing people make changes but the other side of it is lots of relapsing and crisis. I'm sure each job has its issues.

Thanks for the kind words Amy... I am pretty short (barely 5'3.5") and the 28's are a wee bit snug. I can probably get away with wearing them now but I'd like my butt to look better. haha!! My goal weight is 120 so I'm 8.8 away.

Hi honeypie! I love yogurt but I run the risk of bingeing on it. I usually eat the Greek light and fit which is 8 carbs and I know that adds up quickly so I'm avoiding it this time around, for now - anyway. But I do miss it. I hope you can find a way to have it with no consequences!

B, I've tried the melatonin route and it just does not work for me. I wish it did. I had emergen-zzzz a while back and was up to 6 mg, but I'd still wake up in the night. I believe it is low carb that does this to me... my mind just races when I lay down to sleep, and I wake up a couple of times in the night and usually super early.

Last night was a wee bit better.. first of all I was exhausted and fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 for about 20 minutes which was my first mistake. We went to bed at 9:30 and it took me a full hour to fall asleep. Then I woke up at 1 and 3 for brief periods but was able to stay in bed til 5 so that wasn't as bad as the night before!

I was 128.8 still today but I am good with that as last Wed morning I was a 134.8. Something about sitting in the sun at the parade on the Fourth made me blow up like a balloon. It took two days for that to come off so I am still down 2 pounds from last Friday. I don't have much to lose and I'm a sloooooow loser so 2 lbs a week would be fine with me.

I got some new exercise pants yesterday and as I was wearing them around I had TTF (that thin feeling) and I kept thinking to myself IT WORKS!! THIS DIET REALLY WORKS! Because I can totally see that I'm slimmer. YAY! I'm so glad I found this message board too.

B I get what you mean about experiencing all the benefits and how great you feel and then wondering why you ever stray away from it???? I pray that I can get my body to 'settle in' to my very happy weight of 120 and stay there.

Hope you ladies have an amazing day!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-12-2017, 05:26 AM   #296
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

HONEYPIE! I remember you! WTG on losing the alcohol. It really is counter-productive. Darn alcohol... The pleasure of alcohol is so minimal and hyper fleeting! But, the aftermath leaves a nasty trail of defeat and no wt. loss. Been there! ARGH. NO MORE ALCHI FOR MOI!

AL, I'd love to pick your brain about your experience with Inches Off. You lost really well with this program too I see. Can you share what you did with us? And, what the heck is an INSTAPOT? I want one!

DL, thanks for sharing your career with us. Did you ever go back and get your Master's? I love school. I wish I would have gone to Medical School, truth be told. As per the sleeping issues. I have this from time to time with LC. If I take my potassium, ONLY 100 MG A DAY, and also use Sleepy TIme Tea which has chamomile, and other sleeping aid properties, it works for me. Lastly, if you use a combo of 5-HTP, VALERIAN ROOT, Chamomile, and Melatonin, this should do the trick. Lastly, I'm with you about the TTF. The SCALE IS A LIAR, YO! I hate the scale. It is NOT a true indicator of fat loss. Fat weighs 5 times less than water and or muscle and this diet rips through our fat; furthermore, the body will replace our fat cells with extra cellular fluid during times of dieting and or fasting so as to not disrupt the homeostasis of our beings. Just a bit of physio for your reading pleasure.

AMY, Surgery/Stepdown. How cool is that. I want to do OR. So, I'll cut 'em up and you nurse 'em back to health. LOL Congrats on your losses so far. KUTGW.

Okay girliegirls. I'm off to studying and class. I have a 12 hour day today. I'll be praying for our success and resolve.

Hugs, and love.

B
Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 AM   #297
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
HONEYPIE! I remember you! WTG on losing the alcohol. It really is counter-productive. Darn alcohol... The pleasure of alcohol is so minimal and hyper fleeting! But, the aftermath leaves a nasty trail of defeat and no wt. loss. Been there! ARGH. NO MORE ALCHI FOR MOI!

AL, I'd love to pick your brain about your experience with Inches Off. You lost really well with this program too I see. Can you share what you did with us? And, what the heck is an INSTAPOT? I want one!

DL, thanks for sharing your career with us. Did you ever go back and get your Master's? I love school. I wish I would have gone to Medical School, truth be told. As per the sleeping issues. I have this from time to time with LC. If I take my potassium, ONLY 100 MG A DAY, and also use Sleepy TIme Tea which has chamomile, and other sleeping aid properties, it works for me. Lastly, if you use a combo of 5-HTP, VALERIAN ROOT, Chamomile, and Melatonin, this should do the trick. Lastly, I'm with you about the TTF. The SCALE IS A LIAR, YO! I hate the scale. It is NOT a true indicator of fat loss. Fat weighs 5 times less than water and or muscle and this diet rips through our fat; furthermore, the body will replace our fat cells with extra cellular fluid during times of dieting and or fasting so as to not disrupt the homeostasis of our beings. Just a bit of physio for your reading pleasure.

AMY, Surgery/Stepdown. How cool is that. I want to do OR. So, I'll cut 'em up and you nurse 'em back to health. LOL Congrats on your losses so far. KUTGW.

Okay girliegirls. I'm off to studying and class. I have a 12 hour day today. I'll be praying for our success and resolve.

Hugs, and love.

B
Love the thoughts on fat!! That's soooo true and I need to keep it in
mind. Yes I have my masters in exercise physiology. My passion is to help people with addictions learn about brain chemistry, the physical aspects of their addictions, exercise, etc. so I do that instead of the traditional 12 step approach. So cool you're going to be a nurse. I'm sure that's a massive amount of study. Some anatomy and biochemistry was all I could handle. I had to work at it and it did not come easily.

Thanks for the tips on stuff to add to my sleep routine, is do have some 5-htp so illl throw that into the mix!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 07-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #298
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Oh, I almost forgot! AMY, when you go to Costco for the Wild Planet Albacore Tuna; check out the FARM TO FAMILY ORGANIC GROUND TURKEY! It's 95 % fat free 190 Kcals and only 9 gr of fat per 4 oz. It's DELISH! A real treat from our normal fare. And, it is helping me stay satiated longer. Give that a whirl too. You won't be sorry. They also have a huge package of ORGANIC skinless ckn breasts for 20 or so bucks. I love Costco.

BBL
Old 07-12-2017, 05:41 AM   #299
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

DL, Valarian Root is good too, as is Cava Cava. But, be wise with all these herbs. Go chat with a person at Whole Foods of do a google and see what works best.

I agree with you about addiction. It is a physiological phenomenon. There are studies out there that show that nutritional deficits, malnutrition, are linked to alcohol addiction. When the body is starving, it will crave Ethyl Alcohol as alcohol is broken down in the Kreb Cycle faster than glucose and used for energy. The body don't lie. It wants survival and if it can get you to ingest ANYTHING on the regular, it will. I think recovery should entail massive detoxing and feeding the body the highest quantity and quality of food. Oh, and all LOW CARB, Green plant based with good organic meats and lots of coconut oils. AND, last but not least, GOD! Without GOD we can do nothing! He's the way maker. JMO

Last edited by B Sugar Free; 07-12-2017 at 05:45 AM..
Old 07-12-2017, 06:45 AM   #300
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeypie
Hi ladies!!

Thanks for the warm welcome back! I have lost a whole POUND since yesterday. And this is after having HEAVY and really dark food guilt all evening, because I was stuffed and had eaten 1400 kcal, and 30+ carbs. BUT!!! I think the reason I lost IS because it was still ALL Stillman's food. So the carbs were only from non-fat yogurt, and, THASSIT!

I would really love to join the thread again if you guys will have me, because I HONEST TO GOD, in the last 8 days, think I have FINALLY found my holy grail.

And that is; that I can stick to Stillmans if I do it as the plan was originally written and allow myself nonfat greek yogurt (it has even better number than the nonfat cottage cheese or than any and ALLLL of the skim milk cheeses that he allows.) My holy grail discovery though, is that I add a HEAPING scoop of protein powder to the greek yogurt. Yogurt was never worth it to me on low carb before, despite eating it my whole life A) because of the carbs and B) because plain yogurt can create stomach acid, and that then used to make me HUNGRY, or would make me also want to binge.

But adding 30g of protein to my high protein, nonfat, greek yogurt KILLS my hunger. AND, it makes greek yogurt, which was previously inedible to me, suddenly totally amazing because it makes a pudding of it. (OMG/LOL!)

SO! I know that NO ONE who is saying that they are eating ANYTHING delicious should be ANYWHERE near a Stillman's thread

But this is where I am right now. My only aberration to Stillmans as it was originally written by the good doctor would be A) protein powder, and B) that I chop up jalapeños when I make broiled burgers. This is my newest great discovery. Because jalapeños have only 0.8g of a carb per WHOLE pepper, you can really go to town and shove in a half of a whole jalapeño per burger chopped up, when no one's looking

If you guys would be willing to accept me back with my tiny protein powder tweak and chopped up jalapeño, I would be over the moon to be a daily cheerleader on this thread for this amazing group again!
Week 4, 07/29: -5.1 lbs

Last edited by honeypie; 07-12-2017 at 06:47 AM..
Closed Thread