Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #151
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Sugar Free View Post
Thanks AL!

GIRL, u need to post your exact weight loss also. I'd love to see what you lost this time around. Can you make it current also with these losses I think you're missing a few weeks! LOL Did you go off a bit as that why you stopped posting your progress this time around?

I would NEVER want you to take off the past, last losses as they REALLY INSPIRE ME to this day! U ROCK!

I'm gonna try the slow roasted ckn. What temp did you put it on? LOW? 8 HOURS right?
Yup, low for 8 hours. You can even put them in half frozen. Like thawed enough to break them apart so they'll fit.

I checked in not too long ago, maybe a month or two, but I couldn't stick with it. Came back on the 9th and now there's no looking back. you must've missed it. I lost 19 pounds since June 9th.

Week 1: 10
Week 2: 4
Week 3: 4
Then, 1 more!!! Yay!!

Ps: don't hate me if the chicken is nasty!! lol
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2017, 04:16 PM   #152
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
Al - I have a slow cooker. I should dredge it out of the cabinet then! I used it once then didn't use it again because it takes up so much space. lol. The half breast-half thigh idea is fab! I'd use that!

And I'm like you in the every-round-should-be-different thing! I remember ten years ago I did Stillmans with just chicken breasts - after that I couldn't eat chicken breasts for a few years. lol
Oh good! Check it out when your ready!

Isn't it funny that we have to keep inventing new ways to eat meat! Even if I eat a grilled chicken with hot sauce it can bring back a cringeworthy memory of circa 2009. Lolololol. Or eating out of those tuna packs with a spork... hahahaha

I'm rooting for you Amelie. You got this. And we're here to load your stillmans toolbox up with great ideas to keep you on track!!

How are you feeling a few days in? Hope you're taking it easy.

Last edited by aleriaaa; 07-02-2017 at 04:18 PM..
Old 07-02-2017, 04:59 PM   #153
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Amélie
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Oh good! Check it out when your ready!

Isn't it funny that we have to keep inventing new ways to eat meat! Even if I eat a grilled chicken with hot sauce it can bring back a cringeworthy memory of circa 2009. Lolololol. Or eating out of those tuna packs with a spork... hahahaha

I'm rooting for you Amelie. You got this. And we're here to load your stillmans toolbox up with great ideas to keep you on track!!

How are you feeling a few days in? Hope you're taking it easy.
Exactly! I remember eating exactly 100grams of chicken breast every four hours with a soysauce dip. I still cringe whenever I remember it. But I did lose a lot of weight that time!

I'm doing good. Not sure about losing weight - I admit I have cheated with fattier cuts of meat. But today is Monday where I am, chicken thighs/breasts in the slow cooker, and I have a feeling it's finally clicked.

I hope to lost 19 pounds in three weeks too like you did!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:00 PM   #154
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: B Sugar Free
Stats: Post Preggers HYPOTHYROID 210/146/130
WOE: Stills/Dukan/Atkins Mnts
Start Date: Started 2002(Goal 2004) Restart 5/6/15
Thanks for the LD on your progress! 10 lbs the first week!!! U hit it hard, gurl.

Hey, where did GT go and the rest of the gang?

Well, the chicken IS IN THE POT! IT will be finished by midnight as I started cookig way too late. Oh well, it will keep for a few days. I did wind up having 5 oz of thigh meat though. I bought it for our family and decided to cook up a storm tonight. Get it out of the way! All that YUMMY FAT tasted amazing!

I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow as I will have a solid week down. Hopefully, I lost 5 lbs at least! Here's hoping and praying.

Oh, AL I put a few splashes of fat free ckn stock in the pot too! I hate dry chicken!

Hugs and Love!

Chat tomorrow!

BB
Old 07-03-2017, 04:44 AM   #155
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

AL!

I just LOVE THIS SLOW RO CKN! SLOW RO, is the bomb,yo! This will be a life saver for me. When I'm hungry I'll just pop in the fridge and get a cup! Note to self, I won't use ckn stock the next time as the ckn itself gives off a lot of water and I want it to be taste. I used a ton of seasoning and at the end I mixed in deli mustard and a few splashes of rice wine vinegar to give it some twang. I bet if you put a bit of your pickle juice in your mix it would taste amaze!

For some ODD reason, I was up and down bunches last night having to go pee pee. I'm already in this thang for a solid week so this was pretty weird. But, I'll take it! Any bit of water weight can most definitely leave as well.

Hugs and love to you all! Stay strong and focused. We will be successful. It's merely ONE BITE AWAY!

BB
Old 07-04-2017, 05:07 AM   #156
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!

Yippy!

Well, great newz! I'm not AS FAT as I thought!!! But, still not good. I'm now 10 lbs. away from my original wt. from when I started school 4 months ago. So, I'm gonna rock-this-puppy for another 20 lbs. so I can have a 10 lb leeway.

I hope you all stay in the game with me.

Al, this pot of SLOW RO CKN will bring me to home base in no time flat. I'm hoping I'll be at goal in a month. I started working out again. Just a half hour on the treadmill will help jump the losses anything more and my appetite just increases and that's counter productive for me on Stillies.

Have a wonderful holiday; stay strong and don't CHEAT! That last tag was for me...
Old 07-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #157
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Finally finished all the veggies from 2 weeks ago! I am on day one of stills and it's going good. I am still keeping the oat bran or flax muffin from dukan because I always gain 4 lbs as soon as I add veggies after stills and I hope keeping this fibre will stop that Jump in weight because I already have it

Also happy Fourth of July to everyone from the states!!! Have a great day!
Old 07-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #158
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Happy Stillmans Day (and chicken crockpot day!)!

I'm eating mine with Sriracha and a bit of Splenda - tastes yum!

Mar922 - goodluck on day 1! It gets easier!
Old 07-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #159
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Amilie!

How did you make your SLOW-RO CHKN? Man, IT IS SOOOOO GOOOD! Like insanely delicious. It tastes like there is fat in there! Well, there probably is a bit of fat from the juices which I dropped the chicken back into; but minimal! I also bought some hot sauce yesterday and it's so taste with it. I'll try the splenda deal with it to give a sweet and spicy taste, great idea.

Everyone is probably out partying and such!

I worked out 30 mins again today on the treadmill. Nothing heroic, just moved my body!

In about a month, I intend on going back to the gym and starting a weight lifting routine! I need to strengthen my body!

Hugs and Happy Holidays.

I just love the feeling of my body eating it's own flesh. It normally happens right about now. So cool.

I just love our bodies. They are amazing!

BBL
Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #160
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Amilie!

How did you make your SLOW-RO CHKN?
Hi B! Mine had sriracha, soy sauce, ginger powder, rice wine vinegar, garlic marinade...it was marinating already in the fridge when I got the idea from Al to slow-ro it so I just went ahead and slow roasted it. The marinade dripped off of it so I'm not too worried about the carb count. Didn't add liquid too but the chicken released a lot of liquid.

Whenever I eat it, I heat it up, add a bit more of sriracha and Splenda, and yum!

I'll probably try taco seasoning next time. The current batch should be finished by tomorrow.

Well done on exercising -- I should be doing the same! It's Winter where I am so there's that overwhelming temptation to just lie down and Netflix...

I intend to start weight training too. Maybe in a month!

Happy 4th of July!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:27 AM   #161
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Amilie!

YUMMY! Didn't the rice wine vinegar really jazzie jeff it up? This is my new best friend this slow-ro! THANKS AL! Also, I wanna do taco seasoning next time too. I know that Linda Sue has a good sugar free recipe for the seasoning. I'll check it out. Oh, and I'm really glad after a day of the chicken sitting in the pot to have added that half cup of chk stock as it made the chicken really juicey and moist and kinda like a gravy. I will do this from now on. It just needed that one day to reabsorb the glorious juices.

Amilie, where are you? YUCK WINTER! I am not a fan, Stan...

AL WHERE ARE YOU! DID YOU WRAP YOURSELF AROUND A CRYSTAL LIGHT MARGARETTA and the shame has you running from us. LOL

Old 07-05-2017, 04:32 AM   #162
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

How CRAZY is it that the weight just comes back! It blows my mind that I gained probably 20 lbs. in 3 months and I actually wasn't even that bad. I was drinking way more than normal as this was a very stressful semester at school; NOT A GOOD EXCUSE I KNOW. But, 20 POUNDS??? ARGH!

I am DOWN A POUND from yesterday! I just loved it. What a surprise. I only ate around 700 or so calories though. But, it's like Christmas getting up and weighing in to see that lower number.

Here's my diet. I added in an egg with dinner and lunch bc I really hate getting hungry too soon! It drives me nutz. And, doing this has made it so much easier for me to go for hours without having to nibble on the slow-ro too much. Heck, what's 4 grams of fat anyway? LOL

Old 07-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #163
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Day 1 down and I was down 2 lbs this morning! Now to keep it up!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #164
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Yeah MAR!

Doesn't it feel like Christmas! Oh, it's the little things in life that mean so much!

Yesterday I went on Youtube and was watching all these cute skinny, buffed out ladies share their stories. One girl was amazing and had great advice! She showed how she cooked all her meals a week in advance and put them in microwavable non-toxic containers. This is what I will be doing for mnts for sure! Plan for success, not waiting for failure.

I'm all in!

Old 07-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #165
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

OKAY!

Share time!

So, I went out and bought Franks Redhot Buffalo Sauce 0 Cals 0 Carbs (Which really trips me out, I must say... How can something taste so insanely great and not have anything in it?) AND, I bought this horseradish cream thing. I put way ton of the Redhot and a dab of the Horseradish stuff and OM GOODNESS! I'm IN LOVE I SAY, IN LOVE LOVE LOVE, like Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch IN LOVE! This tastes like HEAVEN TO ME! I made an Amish Egg, WHICH IS INSANE TOO TONS OF OMEGA 3's and all natural, cage free eggies. YIMBOLISH!

I feel so satisfied, happy and content. My entire meal was less than 300 Cals and I'm raring to go with energy! I could eat this everyday, no lie.

Next go around, I'm gonna try this ginger, cumin, coconut amino combo with a wee bit of Splenda; thanks to Amilie for the Splenda suggestion.

Oh, the joys of chick! SLOW RO CHICKEN IS MY LIFE!!!!!

I really need help, ya'll. STAT.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #166
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Amilie!

YUMMY! Didn't the rice wine vinegar really jazzie jeff it up?

Amilie, where are you? YUCK WINTER! I am not a fan, Stan...
Yes! Rice wine vinegar is the bomb! I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I actually love winter, summer not so much -- too hot!

Another Stillmans day!!! My husband liked the chicken slow-ro! He said he can eat chicken everyday if it's shredded like this.

Also -- eggs. Can we eat it whole? As many as we need?
Old 07-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #167
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

I've been thinking too...do you think it will work if I slow-cook the chicken, plain, with maybe just salt and pepper...then add spices before eating? Or will the flavour be not as good?
Old 07-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #168
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

B - what's an Amish Egg?
Old 07-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #169
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

LOL! Amelie! Amish eggs are from the Amish people in Ohio and Pennsylvania! These people no not believe in modern living and have no electric, no internet etc. Google it! It's really trippy! I'm in Ohio for school for another year; and I'm enjoying their organic no preservative eggs. The yolk is massive and tastes like heaven.

As per your egg question; YES! We can have eggs but I only try to eat only 3 a day as they have 5 grams each. Not that big of a deal as Chicken has almost 6 grams per 4 ounces so it's kinda the same. Heck, I've even heard of a Stills Gal a while back who ate 8-10 eggs a day and still lost wt. Cra Cra.

I just needed to add a few in here and there as I normally get too hungry too soon after just SLOW RO! LOLO

I think the ckn would not taste as good without a little bit of seasoning while it's cooking, would be my opinion. I over season the heck out of this chicken

Looks like I'm gonna have to make more tomorrow as I will be out of food by tomorrow night. Not to shabby to spend 23.00 on three solid days of eating. 7 ckn breasts! I quite like the savings as well!

Where is everyone! Come back, Stillie Willies! Come back...
Old 07-05-2017, 08:02 PM   #170
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL! Amelie! Amish eggs are from the Amish people in Ohio and Pennsylvania! These people no not believe in modern living and have no electric, no internet etc. Google it! It's really trippy! I'm in Ohio for school for another year; and I'm enjoying their organic no preservative eggs. The yolk is massive and tastes like heaven.
Oh yes, I've been to the Amish community in PA. I thought you were going to cook it the way they did! I'd love to have an Amish egg!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #171
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Currently slow cooking chicken adobo. I put eggs to hardboil in the last hour -- wish me luck!
Old 07-06-2017, 05:08 AM   #172
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Amelie!

I was watching this cute young girl on Youtube her name is Susan_Day. She tells her story about how she would eat garbage and drink and work out the wrong way. She's adorable and has much good to share; check her out.

Adobe, eh? YUMMY!

Well, my break from school is winding down now... So sad. I sure hope I can squeeze time away to come and chat with you all.

Didn't lose today! ARGH. Oh well, that means I'll lose 2 tomorrow. I don't sweat the scale; it LIES! lol

BBL
Old 07-06-2017, 07:06 AM   #173
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

SHARE TIME!

YIPPY!

I just tried something really yummy. I am only going to have 1 or 2 eggs a day if I need the extra fat to not be hungry as I do not want ANY DELAY! Not losing today had me thinking. SO... I had 4 ounzes of Xtra lean Turkey this a.m. with a half a cup of egg whites, BUT I PUT A DRIZZLE A SMIDGE of Hidden Valley Ranch powdered mix on my eggs along with a garlic blend and cajun spices and BOY OH BOY am I in heaven! I feel totally satisfied and really love the way these whites taste. We really don't need all kinds of fat and such to have delicious food; which is really illuminating when it comes to Mnts.

Hope all is going great with ya'll. COME BACK EVERYONE, COME BACK! lolo
Old 07-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #174
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

Hey B!

I'll check out Susan_Day! I'm on winter break from school and I have a full two weeks more to myself! I'm glad because I need this to focus on my eating - so that when I get real busy again, I wouldn't let loose/stray and eat crap again! You're back to school when?

It's adobo - garlic, soysauce, peppercorns, vinegar...to be honest, I think I botched it. Let's hope the flavour improves in the fridge!

Everyone seems to be still at the beach!
Old 07-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #175
Amélie
Major LCF Poster!

I can't find Susan_Day. Is that the username?
Old 07-07-2017, 04:43 AM   #176
B Sugar Free
Senior LCF Member

Amelie! I beg your pardon! It's SARAH'S DAY. Not Susan's. She's a young, cute Auzzie. What are you studying? I'm in Nursing School. It was so lovely having this time off but now I'm ready to get back to work! Too much idle time on my hands.

I sure hope everyone stayed strong over the holiday. The nasty Holiday Monster comes out and we fall for his lies; "Just one piece of cake won't hurt... Just have ONE GLASS OF WINE... A few chips won't do much damage!" Yeah, right. I have his number. NO MORE CHEATS It's hard enough.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #177
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I am still plugging along! I haven't had much time to write a post but I am reading them! It's so much easier to stay on track when you know others are doing it too!

We are heading to the cabin for the weekend and I have all my stills good packed and ready to go! Let's keep on track this weekend, that's always the hardest for me!
Old 07-07-2017, 12:34 PM   #178
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Ladies!!!

Im back and I'll be around for the weekend to cheer you on! Hope everyone was good this week. Over the holiday I splurged on some zero calorie clear waters. They are walmart brand artificially sweetened sodas. I picked up peach and strawberry and they were sooooo good. I dont think it hindered my losses, so I may keep a few of them in the house.

Nothing else new to report. Still eating chicken, drinking coffee, tea and Crystal Light. B-O-R-I-N-G.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #179
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
I'm doing good. Not sure about losing weight - I admit I have cheated with fattier cuts of meat. But today is Monday where I am, chicken thighs/breasts in the slow cooker, and I have a feeling it's finally clicked.

I hope to lost 19 pounds in three weeks too like you did!
I think you planned it perfectly by eating fattier meats in a pinch. I would absolutely do this before putting anything else in my mouth. My reasoning is eating just meat keeps my appetite and cravings in check.

Sending the whoosh fairy your way!! You got this!!
Old 07-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #180
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
AL!

I just LOVE THIS SLOW RO CKN! SLOW RO, is the bomb,yo! This will be a life saver for me. When I'm hungry I'll just pop in the fridge and get a cup! Note to self, I won't use ckn stock the next time as the ckn itself gives off a lot of water and I want it to be taste. I used a ton of seasoning and at the end I mixed in deli mustard and a few splashes of rice wine vinegar to give it some twang. I bet if you put a bit of your pickle juice in your mix it would taste amaze!

For some ODD reason, I was up and down bunches last night having to go pee pee. I'm already in this thang for a solid week so this was pretty weird. But, I'll take it! Any bit of water weight can most definitely leave as well.

Hugs and love to you all! Stay strong and focused. We will be successful. It's merely ONE BITE AWAY!

BB
OMGosh. PICKLE JUICE! In the slow cooker!! YES YES YES!!! I think I'll just pour it over my shredded chicken tonight. yum. thanks for the suggestion!

B!!!! You are peeing the fat away!! Nice!
Closed Thread