Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 01:26 AM   #301
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Dimply's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 484
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
We're doing OK. Lots of rain overnight Friday, then a lull most of Saturday which gave the drainage canals a chance to drain. Then the rain started again Saturday evening & we had some street flooding, but the rain stopped & everything drained. About midnight Sunday it started raining hard again, and DH & I heard a snap. We ran outside, and a huge branch from a tree on the side of our house had broken It just missed my car! We'll clear it out of the way as much as possible in the morning, and then get our lawn guys to come complete the job as soon as they can. I am sure they will be busy in the next few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
My sister lives in Houston...I'm hoping Harvey doesn't smack you all too hard.
Is she OK? Do you know what area of town she lives in?

Ugh - rain just started again.
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2017, 05:02 AM   #302
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member
 
FindingMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 187
Gallery: FindingMe
Dimply - So glad you are okay! You have been in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Findingme The scale I have is an Aria. Its the one that links with fitbit. It was a gift about 2 years ago. Are you thinking your calories may be too low also? I swear there is no rhyme or reason to this stuff.
I've seen those on the Fitbit site. They are neat.
I WAS thinking my calories were too low so I added the BPC for a few days and it ended up backfiring on me. I upped my calories to 1300-1400 per day. I always burn 2500-3000 easy so my deficits were still on streak. I started gaining a little each day. By ysd, I was just telling myself that AT LEAST I didn't weigh more than my last official weigh in. Then I weighed this morning. Shocker! I gained 1.2 MORE lbs. Ysd, I actually only ate around 1000 and burned 2700. I am beyond frustrated...

I'll be back when I"m in a better mood!
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:08 AM   #303
nanabell
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 71
Gallery: nanabell
Stats: This time 241.8/230/180?
WOE: Basic Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 2/28/17
Sorry to have been missing-the bad news is that my scale battery was dead and I decided to take a break from weighing in. The good news is that I am down a pound since it died.

I am totally in awe of the progress that we are making as a group. Hard to believe that we are close another month-end weigh-in!

Nancy

START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ----- AUG START

Mick.................. 199.0........197 ...........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe.......... 230.2........221.2 .........196 ............... 223.8
Dimply............... 198.5.......189.5 .........163 ............... 192.5
Michelle.............. 220...........220 ...........190 ............... 220
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 .........144 ............... 169.8
Nanabell............. 241.3........230............210 ............... 235
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 237.4
Jess................... 167.8.........165 ............158 .............. 167.6
DebbieDowner...... 269...........257 ...........170 ............... 257
PlanningVacay...... 211...........205 ...........165 ............... 211
handbells............ 228.6........224.2 .........199 ............... 228.6
********GROUP LOSS THROUGH 8/1 ~ 30.4*****
nanabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #304
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Dimply glad to hear you guys are just fine and no real damage. So your power stayed on? They are saying 300,000 still without power.

Of course I am up 4 lbs from one night out! It was planned and I'm fine with it. 2 days and it will be gone, then on to new losses. And I have a nice long stretch with nothing planned so I'm hoping to make some real progress. Without resorting to potatos! I will if I get desperate, you all know that. Okay gotta go, Violet just woke up. This Abi is on duty!

Oh and just having a bpc wrecked that much havoc? Holy moley!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #305
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Dimply's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 484
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Weather is way worse It hasn't stopped raining since about 8:00 this morning, and we are about a foot away from having water in the house. I am pretty petrified. And the branch that snapped off last night is much bigger than we thought - probably about 500 lbs! We will have to wait for the professionals to come chop it off & move it.

Michelle - Sorry you didn't win the jackpot, but glad you had a fun time. We have power, thank goodness!

FindingMe - That has got to be beyond frustrating! Resisting temptations is hard enough without our metabolisms working against us. Obviously calories in/calories out is not the total picture, but what is the missing puzzle piece? Maybe your body just needs to adjust to a higher calorie level? I wish I had the answer for you, and all of us! Sending big whoosh vibes!

Nancy - Congrats on losing a pound!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - cloud egg w/ham & Swiss cheese

Here are some pictures from last night. First 2 are in front of our house, and the 3rd is the broken tree branch. Unfortunately the water is way higher now But we are really lucky; 4 houses down from us, neighbors have had 6+" of water in their houses since the wee hours of the morning. *pics are sideways, but you get the idea*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0942.jpg (60.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0943.jpg (26.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0944.jpg (28.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Dimply; 08-27-2017 at 10:06 AM..
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #306
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 706
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Dimply~ I am glad you are ok. So sorry about the huge tree branch. I hope you continue to stay non flooded in your area. I was so grateful to hear from my nephew there. Be safe!!

Findingme ~dont panic. It will come back down. It has too. Your working so hard. Mine dropped a big chunk again but knowing my crazy body it will bounce back up again. Id be using a belt or a tape as your guide!

Nancy~ Congrats on the pound! Our group is doing awesome!

Michelle~ sorry you didnt win . Have no fear it will come back down!


As for me my scale took a heck of a nose dive today from yesterday. Dumb toy! Being up yesterday when I had to go to a new hole on my belt. I dont care what that dumb thing says as long as the belt notches change

Meetings and long days for me the next two days starting at 7 AM. Yawn!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:08 AM   #307
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
One day back on plan, half the water weight gone. Finished off the chicken yesterday and had shrimp for dinner. I have steak and meatballs to finish up today and I took some fish out if I can't bear the site of either of those. And eggs are always on the menu if needed.

So ready to get some weight off.

Belt notches is the best way. There's no doubt about having to move your belt. Scales are fickle, belts don't mess around.

First day of college today for both girls. Dd1 it's her 3rd year, going for her lpn, and dd2 this is her first day ever at college, she's only 16 so it's very nervous for her. Of course they have messed up her schedule so it's a little upsetting. But they will get it straightened out.

Gotta go I'll check in later....
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 AM   #308
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Dimply's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 484
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Water was inches from coming into the house yesterday, but it finally stopped raining, and after no/light rainfall all night, the streets in front of and on side of our house are free of standing water Of course it's storming now, but I am going to enjoy this moment while I can.

DH & our neighbor were able to get the snapped tree branch cut down and sawed into manageable pieces. Once DH put on his engineering cap and assessed the situation logically, he was able to figure out a plan to get it done. One less thing to worry about.

Mick - Sorry the scale did not cooperate for your weigh-in. Hopefully that just means a bigger loss for next time WTG having to go to a new notch on your belt!! Do you go back to work the day after Labor Day? They closed the schools here all this week so the kids will be going back Tuesday after starting last Monday.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/bacon, cheese, green goddess dressing
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #309
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Dimply's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 484
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Congrats on the loss Michelle! Hope both of your DDs have a great year! What is your younger one in school for? I definitely could not have handled college at 16, so good for her. I could barely handle it at 18
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #310
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member
 
jessluvzbacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NE TN
Posts: 933
Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
We're doing OK. Lots of rain overnight Friday, then a lull most of Saturday which gave the drainage canals a chance to drain. Then the rain started again Saturday evening & we had some street flooding, but the rain stopped & everything drained. About midnight Sunday it started raining hard again, and DH & I heard a snap. We ran outside, and a huge branch from a tree on the side of our house had broken It just missed my car! We'll clear it out of the way as much as possible in the morning, and then get our lawn guys to come complete the job as soon as they can. I am sure they will be busy in the next few days!


Is she OK? Do you know what area of town she lives in?

Ugh - rain just started again.
I'm not sure. I've never been and have misplaced her address. She says she's stuck in as everything is a wreck and the streets are all flooded. Her apt is 2nd floor and so far she said she's doing fine.
__________________
Jess
SW: 252 CW:160 GW: 150

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #311
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member
 
jessluvzbacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NE TN
Posts: 933
Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Water was inches from coming into the house yesterday, but it finally stopped raining, and after no/light rainfall all night, the streets in front of and on side of our house are free of standing water Of course it's storming now, but I am going to enjoy this moment while I can.

DH & our neighbor were able to get the snapped tree branch cut down and sawed into manageable pieces. Once DH put on his engineering cap and assessed the situation logically, he was able to figure out a plan to get it done. One less thing to worry about.

Mick - Sorry the scale did not cooperate for your weigh-in. Hopefully that just means a bigger loss for next time WTG having to go to a new notch on your belt!! Do you go back to work the day after Labor Day? They closed the schools here all this week so the kids will be going back Tuesday after starting last Monday.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/bacon, cheese, green goddess dressing
I am so glad the flood situation has improved for you all.
__________________
Jess
SW: 252 CW:160 GW: 150

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #312
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member
 
jessluvzbacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NE TN
Posts: 933
Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Well, yesterday was the 20 year anniversary of hubby and my first date. And I celebrated. But that's ok. Hopefully by Friday the water weight will be gone and I'll finally get below 165.

I'm notching my calories down more by 50. Maybe that will be enough to see some results.
I have my rheumatology appt that I've been waiting for for 4 months tomorrow very early. I don't expect it will be of much use, but at least I'll be in their rotation so if things worsen and I need help, I won't have to wait 4 months for help.

Anyway, busy week with 4 kids and their soccer practices. Dd14 is getting her braces off thursday. Crazy.

Hope everyone is having a good day thusfar.
__________________
Jess
SW: 252 CW:160 GW: 150

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #313
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
I'm not sure. I've never been and have misplaced her address. She says she's stuck in as everything is a wreck and the streets are all flooded. Her apt is 2nd floor and so far she said she's doing fine.
Think I would be happy being on the second floor. Yep the first floor would have freaked me out. Glad she's doing fine and holding in there.

So we have another passenger on the water weight train? It will be off in no time, we can do it!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #314
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!
 
pendragginp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,271
Gallery: pendragginp
Hi all, can I join in? I'm up for joining a thinner Christmas challenge if I don't have to post my weights! =} Doing that just discourages me, I find.

I'm so glad to see that our Texas people here are okayish so far. Yikes!

I'm on the water weight train too (with my fellow Yooper, hi again Michelle!) after an unexpected trip to a Chinese restaurant with a friend last night. Up a bit this morning, but that's okay, I expected it. It will come off!
__________________
Plum
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #315
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Hi all, can I join in? I'm up for joining a thinner Christmas challenge if I don't have to post my weights! =} Doing that just discourages me, I find.

I'm so glad to see that our Texas people here are okayish so far. Yikes!

I'm on the water weight train too (with my fellow Yooper, hi again Michelle!) after an unexpected trip to a Chinese restaurant with a friend last night. Up a bit this morning, but that's okay, I expected it. It will come off!
Hi Pen! Of course, get your Yooper self in here! The more the merrier. You don't have to do anything your uncomfortable with. This is a great group, get comfy and hang with us, we are all on the long haul.

The water weight train isn't making any more stops! Not picking up any more passengers!

I'm going absolutely clean for the next month. I'm darn sure going to try!

Anyone else wanna go cheat/indiscretion free with me for the next month? I can save my piece of hummingbird cake. I'll freeze it for the end of the month. Mom might be a bit upset with me since it was my special treat request for someone else's birthday!! Lol! I'm making the dinner and she is bringing the dessert, but she's working on weight too so she will understand.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #316
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Oh Dimply ~ just watched the news and want you to know we are thinking of you and your family! Be safe!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:10 PM   #317
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Dimply's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 484
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
I haven't been sleeping at all, and just woke up from a 5 hour nap. It was heavenly! DH said it hasn't stopped raining all day, but still no further flooding here. So glad our drainage luck is holding out. A couple of reservoirs were emptied in order to prevent a couple of dams from breaking, and to divert flood waters from downtown and the Port of Houston. Luckily we are not adversely affected by that but so many are And now Harvey has started to wreak his havoc in NOLA, so more of my loved ones to worry about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessluvzbacon View Post
Well, yesterday was the 20 year anniversary of hubby and my first date. And I celebrated.
That is romantic
Bet your DD is so excited to get her braces off!
Glad your sister is OK, and hope she stays safe. It's hard having to stay put, but even if your neighborhood is safe, just blocks away can be a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Hi all, can I join in? I'm up for joining a thinner Christmas challenge if I don't have to post my weights! =} Doing that just discourages me, I find.
No need to post your weight. Y'all made me google yooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Anyone else wanna go cheat/indiscretion free with me for the next month? I can save my piece of hummingbird cake. I'll freeze it for the end of the month. Mom might be a bit upset with me since it was my special treat request for someone else's birthday!! Lol! I'm making the dinner and she is bringing the dessert, but she's working on weight too so she will understand.
Normally I would, but I am still deciding on whether to have mimosas at brunch next week, and wedding cake at the end of Sept. or not. You got this!
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #318
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Dimply's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 484
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Oh Dimply ~ just watched the news and want you to know we are thinking of you and your family! Be safe!
thank you!
Dimply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #319
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 706
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Michelle~ Congrats on the loss! Best of luck to both girls! Your youngest is young. She must be a very smart young lady! Ive got to stay cheat free until the 17th or 18th for the contest. Im really struggling to get where I need to be.

Dimply~ I am so glad the flooding has receeded for you and they got the tree mess under control. The news footage I have seen and the pics from the nephew there are just horrifying. Im so sorry it is now heading towards your family Today and tomorrow were just day long meetings and classes for me. We officialy start next Tues. Some of our districts were back this week. I saw that about all the Houston schools being closed.

Plum~welcome! Im glad you joined us. Nope no need to post weight if you dont wish


Jess~ Im glad she is safe on a second floor. I just cant get over the news and the pics my nephew has posted I think that is fab you celebrate your anniversry of your first date! I hope your appointment goes well

Nothing exciting here. Meetings and as part of one of the dstricts requirements we had to do wellness activities. I did the 5K. Obviously it was just a nice walk as it took 40 min for my coworker and I. More meetings tomorrow starting at 7. Yawn!!!

todays eats:

coffee

quest bar in the car driving to the next meeting.

2 string cheese

roast beef with garlic butter

a cucumber
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #320
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member
 
rockinpeach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 22
Gallery: rockinpeach
Stats: 256/241.6/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Restart 07/19/15 at 235.5 Restart 7/7/17 241.5
Hey everyone! sorry I've been MIA. I've moved both of my girls off to two different colleges in the last 2 weeks and my boys started back to school last week on Wednesday and the baby starts going to daycare tomorrow. It's been a crazy couple weeks in my house!

I'm sad to say I haven't been eating very well through all this but I will be back at it as things calm down around here. I hope you're all doing well and staying safe!
rockinpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #321
highdesertrat
Junior LCF Member
 
highdesertrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California High Desert
Posts: 48
Gallery: highdesertrat
Stats: 138/129/125 (5'3")
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: July 2005
I'm rather new to the board here, but need some encouragement. I tend to eat 6 "meals" a day. I think I need to drop at least one of those. My carb count tends to run high, but I'm doing a moderate carb plan rather than a low carb plan. The other thing I'm failing at is exercise. I just can't get off my keister and get moving! I managed a few minutes of weight lifting tonight. One thing I noticed is my belly is REALLY getting in the way of my sit ups.
__________________
~~Cindy~~

I never met a donut I didn't like.
highdesertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:50 AM   #322
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 706
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Good morning!

School is providing us lunch today before we run from meetings to the next school for round 2 . Of course I cant eat the main course due to the wheat allergy so I will be eating a big breakfast to hold me all day. Its being catered in by a local sub shop so Ill jut bring mine home for the kiddo. Ironically cant mention at work being diagnosed with these lovely soy and wheat allergies as they are on our menu non stop and they would likely find it a big danger/liability. I never touch anything bare handed and usually bring my own lunch. So people just think Im a wacky picky eater

Rockinpeach~ You have been busy! Good luck to all the kiddos! Youve got this!

Cindy~ Hi. Welcome to our group! I find it easier to pick on thing to tackle at a time. Master that and tackle another. After all we cant expect perfection. You can do it
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:01 AM   #323
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Cindy~ yes sounds like your working on a lot. Let us know how we can help. I haven't started adding excercise back in yet. Mostly because I despise it, but it will happen. With this much to lose I picked the big battle first

But this is a great supportive regular check in group! Happy to have ya!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #324
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Got super hungry last night. In fact I was starving after eating my fish dinner. I finally gave in or to here was going to be no sleeping and had a all beef hot dog. I had plenty of room in my cals, in fact that hot dog helped push me into acceptable calorie territory. I didn't realize I was so low for the day. I keep track throughout the day but was busy and stressed yesterday so just wasn't paying attention other than to input the data.

So I am 1 lb from where I left off on Friday. That better be gone tomorrow. Then next goal is just a couple to get back to where I left off in April. Pretty darn happy bout that. Hoping by the weekend I will be working on virgin lb territory! Well, at least for this journey this time. I am losing serious inches though. My Jammie's are falling off.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:07 AM   #325
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member
 
FindingMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 187
Gallery: FindingMe
Welcome Plum and Cindy!

Michelle - Good for you getting the water off!

Jess - Hope all went well with the doctor!

Nancy - Congrats on the new numbers!

Rockinpeach - You have your hands full so I'm sure you'll do great when things simmer down.

Mick - I bet you are going to be losing like crazy with your super active job restarting!

Dimply - So glad that you didn't have any more storm issues! We are finally getting our dose and will for the next 3 days, but only expected to get around 10". Crazy jet streams just won't let this thing go.

I went back to my regular iced coffee in the morning and the scale finally pushed off some of that weird gain. Still now quite where I was, but hopefully by the EOM weigh in. I've been on track for 12 weeks now. Five more to go to meet my challenge. I've racked up almost 38,000 calories in deficits just this month so that should have been over 10 pounds, but I'll be lucky if I even get half that amount off. I feel like I should be sub 200 by now as hard as I have worked.

Last edited by FindingMe; 08-29-2017 at 08:18 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #326
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member
 
jessluvzbacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NE TN
Posts: 933
Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post

Jess~ Im glad she is safe on a second floor. I just cant get over the news and the pics my nephew has posted I think that is fab you celebrate your anniversry of your first date! I hope your appointment goes well
It's so awful. She has no idea when she'll be going back to work. She was supposed to go visit her friend in MD but since she can't even leave her apt, she couldn't fly out even if the airport were open.

We don't usually celebrate the 1st date, but since it has been 20 years... Our wedding anniversary is next month but it's only 17 years there. We dated and were engaged for a bit before we got married and moved in together. Like propa Southern Baptists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post

So I am 1 lb from where I left off on Friday. That better be gone tomorrow. Then next goal is just a couple to get back to where I left off in April. Pretty darn happy bout that. Hoping by the weekend I will be working on virgin lb territory! Well, at least for this journey this time. I am losing serious inches though. My Jammie's are falling off.
Mine won't be gone until Friday or Saturday at the earliest, if that.




Google lied to me about exactly where the place was. Traffic was MAD. But I left early suspecting some nonsense. I saw an NP, and was impressed with her. Discovered I have carpal tunnel, which I suspected. She told me to get braces for it...I'm so sure that push-ups will work with that... -_- Switched up some meds, and had more specific bloodwork done. That tech was the worst I've had in a long time. Holy OUCH. No arm-work for me today for exercise. Hopefully I'll get in some cardio another way. There's no cure and no Sjogren's-specific cure or treatment, just symptom treatment. So they can only try rheumatic drugs that work on other diseases and hope that the body responds. I'm hopeful the drug trial is helpful (so my wrists and hip and eyes can stop being eternal butts) and that bloodwork finally turns up something...good grief. I am the rarest of the rare here. Sjogren's with seronegativity (no antibodies or inflammation found in the blood). I'd only be rarer if I were a seronegative guy having this. Lucky me. I just have to be weird.

Off to do the things.
Have a great day all.
__________________
Jess
SW: 252 CW:160 GW: 150

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031

Last edited by jessluvzbacon; 08-29-2017 at 11:09 AM..
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #327
pendragginp
Major LCF Poster!
 
pendragginp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,271
Gallery: pendragginp
Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

I'm still not back on my plan yet, but not going crazy with eating either. Yesterday I just felt so nagged by wanting to eat and eat. Not sure if it was just a craving reaction from the Chinese food or if my body had hit a lower set point it wanted to stay at for a bit. But like you, Michelle, I finally gave in last night before bed and had more food. (Maybe it was something in the U.P. air, lol!) But WTG on your weight moving down!

Jess, good grief, I'm so sorry for your problems! That just sounds awful; I don't know anyone with Sjogren's syndrome. Praying.

And still praying for everyone here with loved ones in Texas.
__________________
Plum
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:58 PM   #328
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Welcome Plum and Cindy!

Michelle - Good for you getting the water off!

Jess - Hope all went well with the doctor!

Nancy - Congrats on the new numbers!

Rockinpeach - You have your hands full so I'm sure you'll do great when things simmer down.

Mick - I bet you are going to be losing like crazy with your super active job restarting!

Dimply - So glad that you didn't have any more storm issues! We are finally getting our dose and will for the next 3 days, but only expected to get around 10". Crazy jet streams just won't let this thing go.

I went back to my regular iced coffee in the morning and the scale finally pushed off some of that weird gain. Still now quite where I was, but hopefully by the EOM weigh in. I've been on track for 12 weeks now. Five more to go to meet my challenge. I've racked up almost 38,000 calories in deficits just this month so that should have been over 10 pounds, but I'll be lucky if I even get half that amount off. I feel like I should be sub 200 by now as hard as I have worked.
Wow 38,000. What an astounding number. You must have been tracking EVERYTHING! That's dedication, not to mention stringing 12 weeks together. Fantastic job even if the scale doesn't want you to know! You must be seeing it in how your clothes for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

I'm still not back on my plan yet, but not going crazy with eating either. Yesterday I just felt so nagged by wanting to eat and eat. Not sure if it was just a craving reaction from the Chinese food or if my body had hit a lower set point it wanted to stay at for a bit. But like you, Michelle, I finally gave in last night before bed and had more food. (Maybe it was something in the U.P. air, lol!) But WTG on your weight moving down!

Jess, good grief, I'm so sorry for your problems! That just sounds awful; I don't know anyone with Sjogren's syndrome. Praying.

And still praying for everyone here with loved ones in Texas.
It was in the air! It could not have been us! besides, Chinese food, no matter what I order I'm hungry an hour later. Always feel like it was a useless meal. Is it the soy that sends people haywire after eating it?
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:41 AM   #329
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
GailyGail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,074
Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dimply, so glad you are okay. I've been thinking of you. Hope you and DH will continue to be safe.
Welcome Pen and Cindy!
Jess, hope you feel better.
Mick, with that job starting, you will lose a bunch more weight for sure
Michelle, great to see you!
FindingMe, congrats on the progress

Hello to everyone else!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #330
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Finally got a good nights sleep, ketosis just messes me up for a good week. I was up at 4:45 one morning. And handy gone to sleep till somewhere south of 2:00. But I feel ggrreeeaaat! Today. So going to get some stuff done!

Had that burger for dinner and it kept me all night. Yay for not being in the kitchen at midnight starving. Knocking on the door of that 220. wanted to blow right by it but it's slowing down. Gotta figure out my food today, doing much better having a bunch of choices prepared and ready to go.

Miss Violet is up, I gotta go, I'll be back...
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.