Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #61
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/165.5/125 73.5" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

NSV: Got my highlights done today & was able to snap all the snaps on the smock! The bottom one came unsnapped as soon as I sat down, but that's OK. I am hopeful that when I go back in 2 months all snaps will stay shut!

FindingMe - I don't even keep the young looking advantage of a fuller face. My face looks 30 lbs thinner than the rest of me, & starts to look gaunt at around 150 lbs, which is still 20-25 lbs too big for the rest of me

Great job at portion control Nuts are one of the things that once I start, that's all she wrote. I didn't know there are different types of almonds either.

Hope your back is feeling better.

Mick - Enjoy your guests!

Michelle - I'm glad your kids enjoyed their 4th. I know the food you prepared for them was a part of that enjoyment.
Your ability to fast for long periods amazes me!

Gail - Glad you checked in & are doing well. Hope you & Tony had fun at the wedding; it's always good to catch up with old friends. My idea & your idea of a good night are the same

jess - Love your user name I have an auto-immune disease as well (lupus) but it does not affect ketosis which is the only thing that works for me. I stay pretty low calorie by eating one meal a day, but without the advantage of ketosis I probably would not be able to do so. I hope you are able to manage your disease as easily as possible. I felt so betrayed by my body when I was diagnosed, and yes, it feels like having a bomb inside. I have been lucky in that my outbreaks haven't been as bad as they could be, but you never know when that bomb is going to explode
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #62
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
I've had a stomach ache for 2 days cant figure out if I ate something wrong or if something snuck in. Can't think of anything that could have been hidden, we've eaten at home so I'm very confused and very uncomfortable and very tired. It hasn't gone into full blown attack but not getting much sleep. Starting to wonder if I'm developing a dairy issue. How the heck could I live being gluten free and dairy free, geez! Hope it has passed by tomorrow.

Family dinner night tomorrow. The kids are learning how to cook Mexican shrimp cocktail and my egg rolls, which I can't eat. Haven't made them in years cause I can't eat them. But the kids requested so... DH was thoughtful and picked up rice paper wraps for me. So I will see how that goes if they hold together. But the rest of the fam will have theirs in regular wanton wraps. And I can pig out to hearts content on Mexican shrimp cocktail, hoping I have lots of that leftover.

I was still hearing fireworks tonight too. Hoping everyone is having a great weekend. And Gail hope you had a smashing time at the reception!!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:18 AM   #63
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Hope everyone is well!
Just a quick update from my phone today.

Ysd’s Intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

2 Deviled Eggs

Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Sun Kernels (16g), 2 slices Bacon, Diced Chicken Breast, Homemade Blue Cheesing Dressing

4 Almond Cheese Straws

Calories In: 1046
Calories Out: 3215
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #64
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Howdy! just a quicky here! We got company yesterday that left a bit ago. Got more company coming today until Tues and Tues company coming until Wed. Wed is fest and and company again after we get back from our fest until the 18th. HELP I dont know how much Ill get checked in.

Have a fabulous Sunday friends!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #65
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rockinpeach
Stats: 256/241.6/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Restart 07/19/15 at 235.5 Restart 7/7/17 241.5
Hey! I've been really horrible the last couple days. I'm a stress eater and my stress has been through the roof! I went grocery shopping last night in hopes of buying lots of low cab goodies to distract myself with but I also bought lots of high carb junk and ended up having a terrible binge that lasted into the first couple hours of today. I have forgiven myself and I've spent the last 4 hours cleaning and cooking healthy foods for the week. I really considered not coming clean about drowning my emotions in food but I decided this is why I joined this weight loss challenge, for support and accountability, and of course to meet people!

How often are we supposed to weigh in? Do you think my weight loss goal is a little too much? It's higher than anyone else's and I don't want to be disappointed.
rockinpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #66
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well! Continuing with my organization project. I have a box of shoes & purses and a box of too big clothes for Goodwill. It is a huge leap of faith to be bringing the clothes to Goodwill, since my weight loss maintenance rate is 0% Not gonna lie, I am keeping some bigger sizes since I know myself too well.

Mick - Enjoy your company & your trip, and check in when you can.

FindingMe - Your salad sounds delicious What are sun kernels, and how do you make almond cheese straws? As a Southern gal I know you know what cheese straws are. I love them & miss them!

Michelle - I hope you are feeling better, and it's not the dairy. Maybe just your body adjusting after your long fast? What is in your Mexican egg rolls? Are they similar to the SW egg rolls at Cheesecake Factory? Gawd those are good!

rockinpeach - I'm glad you checked in for support, and I am sorry you are under stress. I am a stress binger also, and one of my greatest NSV was that when I found out a couple of months ago that I was being laid off, I didn't fall head first into tons of junk food. What I try to tell myself is that the food will soothe me temporarily, but when it wears off, whatever was bothering me will still be there, AND I will have undone a lot of hard work on top of it all. Great job cooking/planning for the week - healthy food is ready & waiting for you!
I was able to lose a little over 50 lbs in our last 6 month challenge, and I am not a fast loser, so your goal seems reasonable. But the scale's gonna do what the scale's gonna do, so I like to think of my goal more as a wish list item, knowing that as long as I stick to plan and do some moving (still working on that ), then it will all work out in the end. And definitely celebrate NSVs like fitting into smaller sizes, having more energy, and not stress eating. And of course you can always adjust your goal, if needed. Weigh in whenever you like, just update the chart.
Is peach referring to you being from GA?

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - sausage dipped in mayo & mustard; salad w/lettuce, bacon, cheese, eggs, Ranch dressing

Last edited by Dimply; 07-09-2017 at 05:19 PM..
Old 07-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #67
debbiedowner
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbiedowner
WOE: Reset after having kids
Start Date: 7/2017
Me Too?

Hope you don't mind if I jump in late? I have much work to do by Xmas!
Old 07-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #68
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Dimply- thank you! I was really nervous posting earlier but I'm glad I did. I'm going to pick myself up and get right back on track. That's awesome that you were able to conquer your stress induced binge eating! I hope I can get that under control soon myself.

Good job losing 50 lbs! that's incredible!! I hope that I can hit onderland this time around

No I'm not from GA. My nickname has been Rocky since I was born and I always used to say I was peachy when anyone would ask how I was doing. I stuck them together I've lived in Iowa for about 5 years now but I'm from northern MN.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:58 AM   #69
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Welcome Debbie! We are glad you are here.
Michelle, I hope you feel better. Stomach aches are the worst. I am hoping that this is just a bug and nothing major.
Dimply, good for you for bringing the clothes to Goodwill. You will take the weight off and keep it off. I have 100% faith in you!
Howdy Mick! You have a super busy summer ahead! Hope it brings all good things.
RockinPeach, please don't feel badly. We've all been there, believe me. I think Dimply gave you excellent advice. You will hit onderland before you know it too.

Back at work on a busy Monday morning. Weather is gorgeous here is Boston -- hot and sunny with a breeze. I did a long beach walk before work this morning to get me centered for a crazy work week.

The late night wedding was fun -- it was more of a small party than a wedding. It was fun to see people we had not seen in ages. I nursed a glass of champagne and Tony nursed a red wine. We left around 10:45 PM as we were hungry and had not eaten all day. They served appetizers (all high carb) and cake so that was no Bueno! When we got home, we split a low carb roasted turkey sandwich on a low carb tortilla for 6 carbs each and then watched TV until we fell asleep at 1:00 AM, which is late for us -- LOL.

Yesterday was relaxing. I slept in a bit, did the 8 mile beach walk, showered and then Tony and I grilled burgers outdoors by the pool. After eating and a pool swim, we lounged around and watched a "Mad Men" marathon and a few episodes of "Game of Thrones."

Hope you guys have a great week ahead!

Last edited by GailyGail; 07-10-2017 at 08:00 AM..
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #70
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
jess - Love your user name I have an auto-immune disease as well (lupus) but it does not affect ketosis which is the only thing that works for me. I stay pretty low calorie by eating one meal a day, but without the advantage of ketosis I probably would not be able to do so. I hope you are able to manage your disease as easily as possible. I felt so betrayed by my body when I was diagnosed, and yes, it feels like having a bomb inside. I have been lucky in that my outbreaks haven't been as bad as they could be, but you never know when that bomb is going to explode
I'm so sorry. Lupus is awful.
I feel you on the betrayal. I escaped poor health and a ticket to Diabetes by losing the 100lbs...then BAM, the Sjogren's appeared. So frustrating. And it set me back weight-wise. With all the other symptoms, having to be hungry has been one too many items in the load on my back. Sjogren's is "dry body disease" and since ketosis is so effective in keeping water off the body...it just makes me too dry and I get corneal erosions nightly even with stupid eye goop in them. So I just can't do it. I miss it. Because the appetite thing is a lot more helpful in ketosis. The fatigue is soooooooooo aggravating. But I give it the finger by exercising anyway.

And oh yes! THOSE EVIL FLARES! I'm guaranteed flares a week before my period and if I'm starting to come down with one of the many sicknesses my little Petri-dishes bring home.

I was wrong about the rednecks. They got more fireworks. And on the weekend nights they set them off again each night...

I intended to take my calories down by 100 a day starting yesterday, and then DH brought a bedtime snack up for himself (low-carb) and made too much so I ended up eating half of it. He always does stuff like this to me. The stink. I deliberately set snack calories aside. It's just I already had my snack...argh! sigh...

So I will try again today...

Exercise is strength today. Which I'll have to sneak in right after lunch, because Monday and Tuesday is taxi-mom day for the kids summer reading activities. Having 4 kids so many different ages makes for a lot of running. And if I think this is bad, I just need to remember that Soccer season is coming up. Oy!

I hope everyone has a fantastic on-plan day, in which no one sabotages you.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:22 AM   #71
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Week y'all!

Welcome Debbie! I use your nickname often about my mood so I'll have to quit that.

Welcome Jess! You are a rock star in the weight loss and exercise accomplishments!!!

Michelle - Hope you are feeling better!

Gail - So glad that you had fun at the wedding festivities. You go girl on the 8 miles and staying so strong with all those carby treats available!

RockinPeach – I totally understand the stress eating. I don’t think your goal is too high. Mine is only a few pounds less and I’m way past the water loss honeymoon stage so it is conservative to most.

Mick - I feel for you! More than a couple of days and it gets so exhausting trying to keep everyone happy and entertained. I'm sure you will have a blast! My scale has been bouncy, too, but what else is new...right!? We will push forward and wait for our due because we are so worth it!

Dimply- Yay for smock snapping and charity giving!
Sun is my abbrev for Sunflower; some might call them sunflower meats, nuts or seeds but the bag says kernels (no shells).
Regarding the almond cheese straws. I just substitute almond flour with regular flour and use the standard recipe (I got mine out of the newspaper so you can imagine how old it is - but the online versions are pretty close). I noticed that they tasted similar to almond cheese rounds but crispy-ish so I pulled out that recipe and it is similar except no egg. I use real sharp cheddar cheese (not shredded processed) and Kerrygold. I think they taste way better than the gourmet shop reg flour version which is tough on my portion control demon since I used to buy or was given a lb during every holiday season and they never lasted more than a day or two… Anyway, I only made half a batch and made them shorter (in length) so they would only be 45 calories each.

Ribeyes and strips are on sale this week at my local grocery. I've had very little red meat this year so I was so ready. Wouldn't you know it, they didn't have any of them out an hour after the store had opened. ARGH. So, I ended up getting some ground beef instead. Looks like my calories will definitely be higher this week, but it will be a nice change from the same ole chicken. I need the extra calories/protein with this new weight program that I'm doing, but will have to up my steps to keep my good deficits going. My old calf injury is acting up though and my back is still killing me more than usual due to the extra lifting. Always something. I've decided to go back to lighter weights for a week until I can get used to it again.

Ysd’s Intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

Diced Chicken Breast in roasted Cauliflower with EVOO/Parm

5 Almond Cheese Straws
2 Deviled Eggs

Calories In: 1055
Calories Out: 2263

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-10-2017 at 09:31 AM..
Old 07-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #72
PlanningVacay
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PlanningVacay
Stats: Highest 275, 211/198/140
WOE: Net carbs <30, Sugar Free
Hi all! I would love to join!

I have an overall goal to get to 140 lbs by May 25, 2018 (our annual family vacation), so I think by Christmas of 2017 I would like to be down to 165 lbs. That will give me five months to lose the remaining 25 lbs.

I'm trying to be realistic this time around. I lost 130 lbs on low carb eight years ago, but then yo-yo'ed a lot over the past seven years. Truthfully, I never got below 150 lbs so my goal may be a bit lofty but we shall see!

I just keep reminding myself this time around that slow and steady wins the race.

My struggle just starting back is my SWEET TOOTH! Ugggh.

Ok, now to go back and read everyone's posts....
PlanningVacay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #73
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

debbiedowner & PlanningVacay Glad you have both joined us! Please add your stats to the chart in the post after this one.

Spent most of the day cleaning and organizing. The house is so clean, I may not let DH in

FindingMe - Bummer about the steaks. I always buy extra to freeze when they go on sale. Reading about buying ground meat reminded me to take a package out of the freezer to thaw for burgers for dinner tomorrow.
I figured your cheese straws were made with almond flour, but since you mentioned your jumbo tub of almonds, I thought maybe you had utilized them in some way. Cheese straws = Dimply eats till they are gone
We call sunflower kernels sunflower seeds.
Good luck with your new weights program, and I hope you're feeling better.

rockinpeach - My user name is my childhood nickname also. My dad & at least 1 cousin still call me that, and my brothers sometimes do but more in a teasing way. I'll be going to IA for a wedding in Sept. Ever heard of Neola, IA?

Jess - I googled Sjogren's when you mentioned it the other day. Sounds really rough, & I can understand why ketosis is a no-go for you. I have been so incredibly lucky that, as far as my dr & I can tell, the worst of my flare-ups are caused by a combo of the sun & St. John's Wort. I quit taking SJW & do not step out of the house without SPF of at least 50. I still get flare ups, but nothing like before we hit on that combo by process of elimination.
How old are your kids? My 2 older siblings & I were all born within 38 months, then my younger brother came along 12 years later. Oops! My parents had to start all over again. He & his wife are doing the same thing - their only 2 kids are 11 years apart

Gail - Glad the reception was nice, & kudos for resisting cake. I love wedding cake! There is a coffee shop in NOLA that sells it by the slice, and it always tempts me when we are there. Can't believe you & Tony held out until 10:45 to eat - Michelle Jr Glad you had a relaxing Sunday. DH loves GoT but I could never get into it.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - grilled ribeye & hotdog; salad w/lettuce, tomato, bacon, blue cheese dressing

Last edited by Dimply; 07-10-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Old 07-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #74
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

-----------------START --CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL------JULY START

Mick................199.0.....199.0 ........174 ............... 199.0
FindingMe........230.2.....228.6.........196 ................ 230.2
Dimply............198.5.....198.5 .........163 ................ 198.5
Michelle...........220........220 ...........190 ................. 220
NightOwl.........169.8.....169.8 .........144 ................ 169.8
Nanabell..........241.3.....238.6 .........210 ................ 241.5
Rockinpeach.....241.6.....241.6 ........199 ................ 241.6
Jess.................164.8.....164.8.........158.. ...............164.8
debbiedowner
PlanningVacay
Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #75
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks FindingMe! Your food intake looks great. Just be careful with your back and lifting weights. I know you are fit but I don't want you to get hurt. I only say this as I have hurt my back several times over the past four years and it is awful.

Planning Vacay! Welcome! We are happy to have you here. I think your goal is doable. There are also lots of low carb/on plan sweets that you can have. Have you seen Linda Sue's recipe for Pumpkin Bake? Linda Sue has tons of great low carb dessert recipes as does Sugar Free Sheila and the lady that runs the blog All Day Long I Think About Food (yes that's the name -- it is either that or All Day Long I Dream About Food -- either way her recipes are great and low carb)
Dimply -- Hi Lady! I love a clean house! My house is super clean right now and I love it. But I can get cluttered pretty fast but there is nothing like a sparkling clean house. ALSO, thanks for your support. God, I love wedding cake. Seriously. I love a good vanilla layer cake with that thick vanilla frosting -- okay, I will shut up now because I don't want to think about that!

We just finished a good dinner of turkey burgers, salad and fresh green beans. Weight loss is slow but consistent. Just have to keep on going! Sending love and good vibes to everyone. xo
Old 07-11-2017, 05:33 AM   #76
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning all!

Welcome PlanningVacay! Sounds like you are a pro at this low carbing after such an impressive loss. Wow!

Dimply - Hah about not letting DH in after cleaning the house. I hear ya sister!
You taunted me with your ribeye.

I guess I could have used the almonds for the cheese straws, but my food processor is tiny so it might not have liked it too much. Plus, they are fancy, don’t ya know. So, no slicing in their future other than with my teeth.

Gail - Yay for consistent weight loss! I’d much rather have consistent over impressive then NONE NONE NONE. Plus, you are a featherweight and so close to your goal so you know (and I hear) that is tougher for you guys.
Thanks, but I am definitely not fit except in my mind. I always go too hard on the exercise and yard stuff which is why I’m falling apart. I’m trying to get that through my thick head, but it is apparently not listening.

Ysd’s Intake

Trenta Black Iced Teavana (unsweetened)
Iced Coffee/Cream

Sliders - Ground Beef, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle, Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

33g Unsalted "Fancy" Almonds
4 Almond Cheese Straws

Calories In: 1207
Calories Out: 2930

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-11-2017 at 05:38 AM..
Old 07-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #77
PlanningVacay
Junior LCF Member

-----------------START --CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL------JULY START

debbiedowner
PlanningVacay....211.......205............165..... ..............211

GailyGail - I will check that site out today! I love to cook and get obsessed with finding new low-carb recipes! I had a dream the other night that I ordered one of everything at the french bakery. lol

FindingMe - Thanks! I wish I were a pro at keeping it off! Alcohol gets me every time. Hubby and I love dining out and having some good IPAs or drinking a (large) bottle of wine with dinner. A habit that I'm trying hard to break.

Took the dogs and kids for a walk today but by 9:00 am we were all broiling in the southern sun. Ugh. I cant wait until fall!
Old 07-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #78
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
w

Jess - I googled Sjogren's when you mentioned it the other day. Sounds really rough, & I can understand why ketosis is a no-go for you. I have been so incredibly lucky that, as far as my dr & I can tell, the worst of my flare-ups are caused by a combo of the sun & St. John's Wort. I quit taking SJW & do not step out of the house without SPF of at least 50. I still get flare ups, but nothing like before we hit on that combo by process of elimination.
How old are your kids? My 2 older siblings & I were all born within 38 months, then my younger brother came along 12 years later. Oops! My parents had to start all over again. He & his wife are doing the same thing - their only 2 kids are 11 years apart
My girls are (turning)15 and 8. My boys are 13 and 6. So 15, 13, 8, 6.
We though we were done after the first 2, but both of us got the baby bug and felt like our family was not yet complete. DH was actually the one who suggested we continue oddly enough. My youngest is the kind of kid who "if he were the first, he'd be an only child." He is such a handful, this guy. So natural birth control.
And I am insane. I homeschool them, too.

FindingMe: now you have me thinking of cheese straws. I spent awhile looking up recipes yesterday. I may have to make some soon.

In other news, I made it yesterday without spousal sabotage. He tried to get me by making a surprise zucchini casserole while I was out taxi-momming yesterday, but I was able to move things around and fit it in. I heard him crunching chips last night before he came up. So I wonder if he got my vibe. Sometimes he gets it and sometimes he doesn't. Like he gets amnesia. I've been low-carbing and calorie-counting for 3 years...

Anyway, I haven't weighed since I posted last. I honestly forget. I got up late today so I just said...pfffft, later. I'm feeling bloaty though and am expecting a flare and then TOM any day.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #79
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FindingMe -- thanks for the featherweight comment but I only wish that were true! You are doing great with your eating and very consistent.
Planning Vacay, I love to cook too and am also obsessed with finding low carb recipes so I'm so GLAD you are here! Google Linda Sue's recipe for Jody's Pumpkin Bake -- it is good. Linda Sue and All Day Long I Dream About Food blog have so many good sugar free/low carb dessert recipes. Also, you can buy sugar-free pudding, cake and frosting mixes on Netrition. And the site Peace, Love and Low Carb has a great recipe for Mason Jar Ice Cream -- which is super simple and very good and has barely any carbs!

Jess, you have quite an awesome family! Good for you. Good luck with TOM. Mine just went away and I always think we get a whoosh of weight loss when TOM finally leaves so there is that silver lining!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #80
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

I forgot stuff earlier so wanted to add some things before I forget again...

Mick - Hope you are hanging in there with all the company and excitement! Miss you lady!!!

PlanningVacay - I hear you on the alcohol. That is one of the things I miss the most when I’m behaving.

Jess - Oy vey on all those kids and homeschooling. You must be a Saint. Sorry about making you think about the cheese straws because they are very addictive. I pat myself on the back every day that I don’t scarf down the whole bunch.

Gail - Thanks for sharing all the recipe/lc sites. I enjoy trying new things especially when the boredom sets in and getting motivation throughout.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Old 07-12-2017, 04:10 AM   #81
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Have a great day!

Ysd’s Intake

Iced Coffee/Cream

Salad - Lettuce, Tomato, Cauliflower, Sun Kernels, Bacon, Chicken, BC Dressing

2 Deviled Eggs
5 Almond Cheese Straws

Calories In: 1081
Calories Out: 3193

Last edited by FindingMe; 07-12-2017 at 04:13 AM..
Old 07-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #82
debbiedowner
Junior LCF Member

Glad to Be Aboard!

[QUOTE=PlanningVacay;17643417]-----------------START --CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL------JULY START

debbiedowner…..269………265……………..170……………………269
PlanningVacay....211.......205............165..... ..........….211

Hi Everyone. Been on here before- never been that successful because, you know, LIFE! Going thru some surprise private hell right now just as I am getting this under way.. but I don't want it to stop me this time!! No no no! Steppin up the exercise, droppin the cals, and doing modified Atkins. Let's do this!!
Old 07-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #83
PlanningVacay
Junior LCF Member

I have to go sit around for a couple hours tonight for DD's cheer camp. Borrrring. I might have to take a snack.

My food today:
coffee w/ half n half, hard boiled egg, stirfry cabbage in veggie oil w/ lean dogs, and a few bites of potato salad
No exercise for me today but I'm on my feet a lot for work which helps.

FindingMe - I love that you count calories because I do too! Confession: I don't even count carbs/fat/protein anymore since I don't follow any particular plan and I did low carb for so long that I have a good grasp on carby foods. I'm super rebellious and plans make me mentally crazy.

debbiedowner - You can do this! I'm in my first week back on low-carb and it's tough but at least the food is good since I eat as much fat as I want. My kids and husband eat normally so I always have tempting pastries, etc. around...ugggh. The hardest part getting back on track for me is five days feeling like five months and wondering why I haven't lost 60 lbs yet. lol

rockinpeach: Are you doing ok?

Has anyone made mascarpone stuffed strawberries w/ balsamic reduction? I'm considering making some this weekend just to try them.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #84
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanningVacay View Post
debbiedowner - The hardest part getting back on track for me is five days feeling like five months and wondering why I haven't lost 60 lbs yet. lol
I know that feeling! It's like what do you mean I'm not at goal yet? It's been months!!!

Jess - Your family sounds awesome! And I also agree that you are a candidate for sainthood for homeschooling
My younger brother & SIL had a daughter who is now 11 when they were pretty young. When she was about 3, SIL went back to school to get her master's, then got busy in her career, so no more kids. She turned 35 a couple of years ago, and they figured now or never, and long story short (too late haha), I have a baby niece who turns 4 months old tomorrow. And I get to see her this weekend for the 1st time since she was a week old! Can't wait to get my hands on her!!

debbiedowner - How are you modifying Atkins? I do the same thing since I only eat once a day and not every 6 hours. I also drink any diet soft drink that I like without regard to sweeteners.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #85
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FindingMe: your food and calorie intake look great
DebbieDowner: you CAN do this and you will succeed.
Planning Vacay: LOL about DD's cheer camp. I have not made the mascarpone stuffed strawberries with balsamic reduction but that sounds fantastic. Love fresh berries in the summer.

Humid and rainy here today -- it happens during a typical summer in New England. We had a crustless quiche with salad for dinner. I am still in deep ketosis (my sticks turn dark purple twice a day -- morning and night) but weight loss is still slow. Oh well. Maybe slow and steady wins the race?

I am getting a little envious of people enjoying summer food treats -- lobster rolls with potato chips or fries, funnel cake, watermelon, corn on the cob, soft-serve ice cream, you know? But I'm putting it out of my mind. Food is not going to push me around.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #86
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

I've been eating a lot better this week but still not eating strict low carb quite yet. I'm breastfeeding so I like to slowly step-down my carbs over the course of 4 days to a week in order to not lose my milk supply. So far I've gotten to where I'm eating low carb foods all day until after supper and then last night I had a baked potato and a mixed drink. I'm hoping today will be my first full day low carb.

PlanningVacay - Yes I'm doing ok, thanks for asking! Still under tons of stress and more crap keeps happening to make things worse but I'm slowly getting back to healthy low carb eating. I've been checking in and reading the posts on here most every day but I don't have much time to post right now.

Dimply - I haven't heard of Neola but it's only a couple hours from where I live. I normally drive to Omaha every 6 months for my sons appointments at the pediatric neurologist but we take the road that goes through Missouri valley.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #87
debbiedowner
Junior LCF Member

Yes! We CAN do this!

PlanningVacay-

debbiedowner - You can do this! I'm in my first week back on low-carb and it's tough but at least the food is good since I eat as much fat as I want. My kids and husband eat normally so I always have tempting pastries, etc. around...ugggh. The hardest part getting back on track for me is five days feeling like five months and wondering why I haven't lost 60 lbs yet. lol

Thanks so much for the support! Like I said, I am actually going through the WORST emotional times at home.. Something hit me right as I was 2 days into this renewal plan over July 4 weekend. And yes, kids and hubby eating around me too- ugh! I am worse off than ever having reached 50 yrs at this weight. Just huge and no elasticity to skin- esp having lost hormones. (On the other hand- YAY I lost hormones! lol ) But I am just so sick of outside emotional trauma freezing me and knocking me off my targets. Afterall, there is always going to be some emotional trauma that hits you in the course of a new health program, right? So, time to put ME first!

PS: I can't promise to check in every day on here, but I will certainly try to! I hope we can all find support each other.. We can do it!
Old 07-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #88
debbiedowner
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=GailyGail;17643941]

DebbieDowner: you CAN do this and you will succeed.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #89
debbiedowner
Junior LCF Member

Dimply:

debbiedowner - How are you modifying Atkins? I do the same thing since I only eat once a day and not every 6 hours. I also drink any diet soft drink that I like without regard to sweeteners.[/QUOTE]

Nothing exciting unfortunately! It's just that I've been in and out of Atkins so many times, if I even start looking at Splenda packets, my body goes right into ketosis!

The main thing is I'm skipping the traditional induction- which is so harsh for me. This time I started out by eliminating JUST the poisons about two weeks ago like alcohol, soda, bacon, snacks, etc. By 4th of July I was ready to start slow half hour runs on the treadmill. Now at each meal I choose the proteins and veggies rather than all the breads. I make sure, though, that I get 20-40g carbs each day because, in my old Atkins days, getting my carbs too close to 20 or under would just about kill me- and it would eat so much muscle it defeated the purpose. As I go along, maybe that pure 20g will be attainable without nasty side effects. Right now though, I am so heavy that I am still losing with around 30g carbs. I want to make sure I get good aerobic conditioning and weight bearing exercises in without breaking myself down too much.

And that was probably more than you wanted to know!

Looking forward to us all being SUCCESSFUL!!
Old 07-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #90
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Our property taxes got lowered by 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post

I am getting a little envious of people enjoying summer food treats -- lobster rolls with potato chips or fries, funnel cake, watermelon, corn on the cob, soft-serve ice cream, you know? But I'm putting it out of my mind. Food is not going to push me around.
I am envious too, but I feel like you. I'm tired of being a slave to food. DH I both say we would like just 1 day to eat whatever we want with no consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinpeach View Post
Dimply - I haven't heard of Neola but it's only a couple hours from where I live. I normally drive to Omaha every 6 months for my sons appointments at the pediatric neurologist but we take the road that goes through Missouri valley.
We are flying into & staying in Omaha, and the reception is in Omaha. Evidently the church in Neola is where however many generations of the bride's family have been married, so she is carrying on the tradition. We will have a whole free day in Omaha, so if you know of any fun &/or interesting things to do or see please let me know. I want to walk across the bridge separating IA & NE, and I've been told that the Omaha downtown area is fun, as is the zoo. What is the weather like in late Sept - early Oct?
How old is your baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedowner View Post
Dimply:

debbiedowner - How are you modifying Atkins? I do the same thing since I only eat once a day and not every 6 hours. I also drink any diet soft drink that I like without regard to sweeteners.
Nothing exciting unfortunately! It's just that I've been in and out of Atkins so many times, if I even start looking at Splenda packets, my body goes right into ketosis!

The main thing is I'm skipping the traditional induction- which is so harsh for me. This time I started out by eliminating JUST the poisons about two weeks ago like alcohol, soda, bacon, snacks, etc. By 4th of July I was ready to start slow half hour runs on the treadmill. Now at each meal I choose the proteins and veggies rather than all the breads. I make sure, though, that I get 20-40g carbs each day because, in my old Atkins days, getting my carbs too close to 20 or under would just about kill me- and it would eat so much muscle it defeated the purpose. As I go along, maybe that pure 20g will be attainable without nasty side effects. Right now though, I am so heavy that I am still losing with around 30g carbs. I want to make sure I get good aerobic conditioning and weight bearing exercises in without breaking myself down too much.

And that was probably more than you wanted to know!

Looking forward to us all being SUCCESSFUL!! [/QUOTE]
That's great that you have found what works for you and your body. I am good on 20 carbs/day, except for the first week or so when my body is adapting to ketosis. It was really hard for me this time, and the thought of having to go through that again is keeping me on plan. Headache, nausea, heartburn. I was literally counting down the time until I could take more Excedrin & Prilosec. at looking at Splenda packets throwing you into ketosis.

PlanningVacay - Those strawberries sound

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/lettuce, cheese, bacon, green goddess dressing