Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-02-2017, 04:57 AM   #181
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Sorry about that!

I haven't tried the Coke Zero Sugar because I no longer drink soda. It's a big trigger for me. I do, however, drink (and love!) flavored, unsweetened seltzer. Yum!

I woke up to a loss, so I was happy this morning! At least one thing went right in this crappy week. lol!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 07:25 AM   #182
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/194/140
WOE: low carb/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Handbells~ Congrats on the loss!!!! I hope your week gets better!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #183
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Sorry I haven't been in. I only weigh once a week on Friday so as to not drive myself completely insane. I'm still mad at my scale over it underestimating my weight. We aren't getting on with one another.

I've been reading everyone's posts, but the first part of this week has been crazy busy. It should slow down tomorrow. Then I have a weekend camping trip.

I've been a little depressed due to my weight, too.
But it's ok as I've been on track, and it has to come down sometime.

I have to run the kids to a playdate with public school friends in a minute. They start back next week and so we won't see them again until their fall break probably. I have to squeeze in my workout when I get back. Good grief!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:04 AM   #184
nanabell
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nanabell
Stats: This time 241.8/230/180?
WOE: Basic Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 2/28/17
Thanks all!

Wow, Debbiedowner, you have done great! I was just thinking this morning, that I used to be able to lose about 15 lbs in six weeks no matter what plan I was on, but it isn't looking like that will happen for me this time. I am going to try to be patient. All of these trite phrases come to mind to make me feel better like, "maybe the slower you go, the easier it will be to keep it off" and blah blah blah. It sounds like we are all experienced enough to know that sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. We just have to roll with it and not get discouraged. I have not been measuring inches and probably should have. I will do so this month. The wisdom of this group is terrific, even if we wind up telling each other what we probably already know in the back of our minds. Example: I have measured inches before..., why not this time? I have no idea.

Mick-Congrats on the new addition to the family. I have toddler grandsons and it is hard to wrap my head around it "still"! So much fun is in your future!

As for Coke Zero, I have tried it in a vending machine before and thought that it was okay. In my mind, I think that I was still expecting Diet Coke, so I wasn't wowed enough by it to buy it at the store. I am backing down from my diet pop consumption also. I am to the point now, after this first month, that Wendy's chili tastes kind of sweet to me. (I know..., crazy right?)

Gotta get going--have a good day/week!

Nancy
nanabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 AM   #185
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Yay Jenn! Congratulations on your loss!
Jess, hope you have an awesome time on your camping trip. I am a slow loser too but don't you worry. Your weight WILL come off.
Nancy, I used to be able to lose 10 pounds in a month but no more. Age has really slowed down my weight loss. But let's not give up. We can do this.
Mick, you are going to be an awesome grandmother!

I have a good NSV (non-scale victory) to report. I finally fit into a fitted pair of size eight shorts that have been tormenting me. They fit really nicely too -- not tight. Now, I still have a muffin top for the ages that no amount of industrial-strength Spanx can hide but I will take any NSV I can get.

I can dress up these shorts so I am wearing them to work today. Muffin top be damned.
GailyGail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #186
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Ugh those muffin tops... Hate those! But fitting in the shorts is awesome.
I used to be able to lose weight. Then the Sjogren's came on and all I can do is gain.

I have my camping trip already logged food-wise so there will be no munchy-shenanigans!
All those people do is eat their heads off on camping trips...mercy. My inlaws are coming in their RV and they are the biggest Carb-Pushers.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #187
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Jess, good luck with the carb pushers. Glad you have your food figured out in advance -- that was smart!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #188
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/181.5/125 60.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Congrats to all the losers!!

My stupid scale is still up. DH went to dinner with some work colleagues last night and I didn't want to cook for myself, so I just had a cup of coffee for dinner. Scale still did not budge despite a grand total of 110 calories yesterday. Even if it's water, a loss would have been nice. So the scale is officially dead to me. I will keep weighing & charting since it is a habit and I can be OCD about things, but this really cemented what I already knew - the scale's gonna do its thing no matter what I do. So I just need to keep doing my thing too.

GREAT NSV Gail!!!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #189
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Popping in! Today was better than Tuesday, but really, all week as been icky. One of those, when it rains it pours deals. Thankfully it is almost the weekend!

Thanks, Gail! I did have a slight .4 gain this morning, but I'm okay with that. Awesome NSV!!!

Enjoy your camping trip, Jess! Smart planning ahead!

Dimply-maybe it needs new batteries? I would think with only 110c, you would have lost a little something!

Trying to figure out my menu plan and grocery list for next week. I'm easy...it's the rest of the family that's difficult. lol!

Old 08-04-2017, 02:19 AM   #190
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Stay strong everyone and have a great weekend!

Remember, YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:32 AM   #191
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FindingMe, what a GREAT message you just shared. THANK YOU!
Dimply, don't you worry. A loss is on its way. I predict you will get a big whoosh today or over the weekend. I also want to punch your scale.
Jenn, good luck with the grocery shopping and meal plan.

Have another good NSV to report. I bought a Lilly Pulitzer dress in size Medium to wear to our company outing today (it is a boat cruise around Boston Harbor). I bought it online and received it two weeks ago and it was a little snug. Well, I put it on today and it fits perfectly. I felt so grateful that I literally burst into tears.

Sorry to sound so melodramatic but weight loss is so HARD and it can feel really draining when you don't see progress for a while. But then, just when you want to give up and dive head first into a bowl of chips and salsa, there comes the NSV.

Hang in there, ladies. The Whoosh Fairy is on her way to y'all.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #192
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Oh Jess, good luck with the carb pushers. Glad you have your food figured out in advance -- that was smart!
I will stick to it! I am determined!
I prelog a lot of my meals the night before so that everything is decided and I can just cruise through the day without having to make decisions while hungry.

Dimply- I think you have Lazy Scale Disease going on, too. My period weight did not come off this month until today, 2 weeks late.
Handbells- Isn't it always the rest of the family who makes it hard? We love them so but they do throw a wrench in.

************ START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ----- AUGUST START

Mick.................. 199.0........198.5 ..........174 ............... 199.5 (+.5)
FindingMe.......... 230.2........223.8...........196 ............... 223.8 (-6.4)
Dimply............... 198.5.......192.5 ...........163 ...............192.5 (-6)
Michelle.............. 220...........220 ...........190 ............... 220
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 .........144 ............... 169.8
Nanabell............. 241.3........235 ...........210 ............... 235 (-6.5)
RockinPeach........ 241.6........238.4 .........199 ............... 241.6
Jess................... 167.8.........166.............158 ............... 167.6
DebbieDowner...... 269...........257 ...........170 ............... 257 (-12)
PlanningVacay...... 211...........205 ...........165 ............... 211
handbells..............228.6........228.6......... 199.................228.6
********GROUP LOSS THROUGH 8/1 ~ 30.4******

Old 08-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #193
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
FindingMe, what a GREAT message you just shared. THANK YOU!
Dimply, don't you worry. A loss is on its way. I predict you will get a big whoosh today or over the weekend. I also want to punch your scale.
Jenn, good luck with the grocery shopping and meal plan.

Have another good NSV to report. I bought a Lilly Pulitzer dress in size Medium to wear to our company outing today (it is a boat cruise around Boston Harbor). I bought it online and received it two weeks ago and it was a little snug. Well, I put it on today and it fits perfectly. I felt so grateful that I literally burst into tears.

Sorry to sound so melodramatic but weight loss is so HARD and it can feel really draining when you don't see progress for a while. But then, just when you want to give up and dive head first into a bowl of chips and salsa, there comes the NSV.

Hang in there, ladies. The Whoosh Fairy is on her way to y'all.
Thanks. It is soooo HARD sometimes!
Congrats on the NSV!

Old 08-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #194
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the commiseration ladies. Unfortunately there is nothing wrong with the scale as it is perfectly happy to go up - just not down

I had my own NSV today. I tried on a ton of clothes that were too tight 3-4 weeks ago, and they fit great! The more fitted tops were so tight in the arms it was painful, and by the time the arms fit they will be too big everywhere else. But they're fall tops anyway, and we will not get fall weather here until Thanksgiving (or later), and I plan to be much smaller by then.

Gail, I am so glad your Lily dress fits perfectly & I hope you are having a blast wearing it on your cruise! I know it looks beautiful on you, and I bet you are the most fashionable, best-dressed there! I have a shirt of hers that is a size S, so it will be a while before I can wear it.

Jess, 2 weeks to lose period weight is unacceptable Enjoy your camping trip.

FindingMe, I agree - WE ARE WORTH IT!!!!!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad with lettuce, cheese, bacon, egg, Ranch dressing
Old 08-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #195
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi think I forgot to tell you ladies we were going up north with all the kids. I will be checking in when we get back. Have a fabulous weekend!
Old 08-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #196
nanabell
Senior LCF Member

Good morning--Looks like we seeing some great improvements in quality of life this week, camping, clothes that fit in new sizes, harbor cruise..., fun stuff!

I am happy to report that I am down 1.6 lbs since the 1st, so I will take it. Heading to our County Fair later today for work, so I am hoping to stay away from Lemon Shake-ups, etc! I wonder if I could take my own sweetener? Usually they have beef tips or something so I plan to make a decent choice.

Have a great weekend!

Nancy

Mick.................. 199.0........198.5 ..........174 ............... 199.5 (+.5)
FindingMe.......... 230.2........223.8...........196 ............... 223.8 (-6.4)
Dimply............... 198.5.......192.5 ...........163 ...............192.5 (-6)
Nanabell............. 241.3........233.4 ...........210 ............... 235 (-6.5)
RockinPeach........ 241.6........238.4 .........199 ............... 241.6
********GROUP LOSS THROUGH 8/1 ~ 30.4*****
Old 08-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #197
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

The week just keeps getting better and better. And yes, that was sarcastic. At least the weight has gone down a bit.

Great NSV, Gail

That's awesome, Dimply

Enjoy your trip, Mick6

Hope you're having a great time on your camping excursion, Jess

Nice loss, Nancy. Enjoy the fair

Old 08-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #198
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Lots of rain here, but it is keeping temps down. Highs are forecasted to not go above 92 for the rest of the week (the weatherman on the news actually called it a cool front ) Hopefully no flooding, like poor NOLA is experiencing. Some areas got hit worse than when the levees broke during Katrina So far my family & friends are OK.

NSV: I like to use a pair of pants that are a size or 2 small as a measurement of progress. Yesterday I came across a pair of jeans in a size 16 misses that I thought would be a good gauge since I am mostly wearing women's sizes. I tried them on and they are a perfect fit! They're a little stretchy which helps, but

nana - Hope you enjoyed the fair! I'm not a fair/carnival person, so it would be all about the food for me.

Jenn - Sorry you've had a hard week, but happy that at least the scale is cooperating!

Mick - Hope you're having fun!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Toranis
D - 7 chicken wings dipped in blue cheese dressing; caesar salad
Old 08-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #199
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Dimply! It's getting better!

Fantastic NSV!!!!

Old 08-07-2017, 04:17 AM   #200
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on all the great progress and NSVs!

I'm half way thru my 118 day deficit challenge without breaking my streak...yet. Scale is still being snailish.

Have a great week!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:26 AM   #201
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

FindingMe- What a great streak!!!

Dimply- Yay for your NSV. That feels so great doesn't it? I do hope you stay safe. I feel so sorry for those poor folks who got flooded.

handbells- Glad your scale is at least being nice. I've had weeks where it just seemed like NOTHING went well. It's so frustrating.

Camping went great. I ended up eating about 100 to 150 more calories than I wanted on Friday and Saturday due to changes to the menu by the ILs (the CarbPushers.) But despite their parade of endless junk, I resisted. I was still under maintenance each day, I think, so I call that a win. I'm not sure I will weigh before Friday again. The scale makes me that mad! It puts me in a bad mood with all the bouncing around. But I probably should start weighing more often.

Have a great day, all!

Old 08-07-2017, 09:17 AM   #202
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rockinpeach
Stats: 256/241.6/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Restart 07/19/15 at 235.5 Restart 7/7/17 241.5
Hey everyone! Just popping in to say hi! I've been busy as ever but so much happier lately and I'm dealing with way less stress. Thanks for all the support!

Racquel

Nanabell............. 241.3........233.4 ...........210 ............... 235 (-6.5)
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 241.6
rockinpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #203
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Yay for less stress, Racquel!

Sounds like you did a wonderful job while you were camping, Jess. It can be really hard!

My scale was up a bit this morning, but considering my dinner, I'm okay with it.

So far this week is looking to be better than last week!

Old 08-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #204
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Mick.................. 199.0........197 ..........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe.......... 230.2........223.8...........196 ............... 223.8
Dimply............... 198.5.......192.5 ...........163 ...............192.5
Nanabell............. 241.3........233.4 ...........210 ............... 235
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 241.6
DebbieDowner...... 269...........257 ...........170 ............... 257
Old 08-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #205
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Im back! We had a fabulous trip up North with the kids!!! I love it when they are already saying what we should do next year

I wasnt 100 percent on eating healthy. Not awful though. A little wine and toasted marshmallow.

I made more of that soup since I liked it so much. I actually made a triple batch. Its addicting!

Dimply a big hooray on the clothes fitting that didnt a few weeks ago!!!

Racquel congrats on the loss!!

Jess congrats on doing so well camping!!!!

Nancy congrats on the loss!

Finding me that is a great message and congrats on being half way though!

Jenn Im glad this is looking like a better week for you!

Gail huge congrats on the dress fitting so well!!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #206
nanabell
Senior LCF Member

Geeze, Mick! You had a great loss already this month--even more impressive since it was a vacation week.

That soup sounds good--if it is part of the secret of your success, I may just have to whip up a batch!

Nancy
Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 AM   #207
rockinpeach
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rockinpeach
Stats: 256/241.6/140
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Restart 07/19/15 at 235.5 Restart 7/7/17 241.5
Oops I forgot to put my start for august...

Mick.................. 199.0........197 ..........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe.......... 230.2........223.8...........196 ............... 223.8
Dimply............... 198.5.......192.5 ...........163 ...............192.5
Nanabell............. 241.3........233.4 ...........210 ............... 235
RockinPeach........ 241.6........234.4 .........199 ............... 237.4
rockinpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #208
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Mick.................. 199.0........197 ...........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe.......... 230.2........221.2 .........196 ............... 223.8
Dimply............... 198.5........192.5 .........163 ............... 192.5
Nanabell............. 241.3........233.4 .........210 ............... 235
Jess................... 167.8.........166 ...........158 ............... 167.6
handbells............ 228.6........228.6 .........199 ............... 228.6

everyone!

Racquel - Way to go on your loss!

Jess - Great job!

Jenn - Yay for a better week!

Mick - Congrats on your loss and having a fab trip!

I finally got some movement on the scale.

Have a great one!!!

Last edited by FindingMe; 08-08-2017 at 06:51 AM..
Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #209
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, Every one.
I would like to join in also. and see what I can get off by Jan.1st.
I'm having a hard time it seems the last few months.
It has been so slow to keep loseing.Plus I seem to be falling off my plan.
I walk, and have gotten back to jogging 4 miles }Nonstop.
I have to get back into doing green smoothies{at least 3 days a week.
and Stay with 1,200 cals > now going to drop it to 1,ooo a day at least for 8 weeks and see if I can get this weight back off that I put back on.
Are most of u doing Atkins?{
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #210
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Mick.................. 199.0........197 ...........174 ............... 199.5
FindingMe.......... 230.2........221.2 .........196 ............... 223.8
Dimply............... 198.5........192.5 .........163 ............... 192.5
Nanabell............. 241.3........233.4 .........210 ............... 235
Jess................... 167.8.........165.4 ...........158 ............. 167.6
handbells............ 228.6........228.6 .........199 ............... 228.6

kind- Due to an autoimmune disease, I'm a bit higher carb than that. I was doing 100g, but I'm trialing about 60-70 right now. I just don't care much about fruit or beans enough to keep eating them, and I'm seeing if my body will tolerate that low.