Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #31
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/211(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
SaltnPepper - Glad you checked in! No pressure tho', we all get the "life happens" part, hang in there.

Kimmiejean - Oopsie on referring to you being on a cruise, just knew it was a nice trip! Sounds like a great time, so don't hesitate to share all the good stuff!
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #32
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/180/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hello girls

I have been so busy--it really has taken a toll on me--one of my dear friends whose husband passed recently has sold her house on the very first showing-and we-me and DH are trying to be there for her--so we are packing, cleaning out and anything that she needs...it will be a busy month coming up if it is anything like the past week...tomorrow I am cooking a dinner at Mom's for her sister and their family...I am sure my cortisol levels are off the chart with all the stress and it keeps me from sleeping but I can't shut down...

Kimmiejean--glad to see you had a great time--I think it is so exciting to plan on moving there--it won't be long!

Anna--good to see you--we are all in that busy time of the year when obligations are constant--check in when you can..

going2--thanks for keeping the group going and keeping the light on..

Crazy-so glad you had a great time with your kids...

I just made a cake for tomorrow so as soon as that cools enough I am headed to bed--cya all later

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #33
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Dog days of summer here! Was actually reminiscing how nice Virginia looks in the fall, with that cool nip in the air ... <gasp!>

Jeanne- Sounds like you have your plate full these days, sorry to hear about your friend, almost like the loss of 2 people for you. {{hugs}} Get your rest where you can, you're no good to anyone if your batteries fail.

Nothing new to report here, still not focused on my eating, which is kinda good and kinda bad. My days have fallen into a mediocre routine that needs to be changed if I want some self improvement to happen. I know it's all on me, just where does one find the "umph" needed to get out of a rut?! Don't want to hit "bottom" to find it, IYKWIM. Yes, I've made some small changes that have stuck, but the big picture still needs work. Well, am not gonna bore you all with my same ol' song here, just hate that I promised myself this year would be so different and I have already wasted HALF of it--ugh!

I do start each day with gratitude though, am blessed with a loving DH who doesn't put any pressure on me and we are lucky to not have big worries like so many do, although I miss having family. Sigh.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #34
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hello ladies
So good to see some posting when able but missing some too. Kimmiejean can't wait to hear about your trip. Going2 thank you for keeping things rolling here, trying to check in so you don't get lonely . Jeanne sounds like you have your hands a little bit fuller for a while. Anna, can relate to being super busy so it was good to see you pop in too. Crazy sounds like you are having fun w/your company.

So far maintaining goal weight well. Actually saw 130.0 on the 4th of July so that is my official goal date. What's really fun is when my customers from last years farmers market season notice and comment on the fact that I have lost weight. I feel really good and have even taken to riding my sons bicycle on occasion, which is hard work, but I find it pretty fun so I told DH I want a bike of my own. Need more exercise anyway.

Have a great week everyone and I'll check back in soon.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #35
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
Start Date: Married 37 Years
So

What do I say? I'm ready to get this weight off. The vacation was so nice. Visiting with family, looking at houses, and the eating out a different restaurants every night. But....now I'm back.

I realized one thing....I was the biggest one in every single picture. Me and my face!. They say a picture makes you realize exactly how you look. UGGGGGGG...... My face is HUGE! I just don't think I look like that when I look in mirror. But I guess that is how other people see me.

I want to get back to the gal in 2003. You know the one.....the one that was happy with herself, happy that she had lost the weight. Her knees didn't hurt, she wasn't tired all the time.

I brought my old journal from 2010-2011 with me to work today. Four Months and I lost 40 pounds. That was then....can I do it again being **gasp!** older????? The answer is YES I know I can!

I'm making my list for the grocery store today. I'm going to keep it simple. Protein and salads. That's it. Eggs and bacon in the mornings. I don't want to be the "big" one when we go back........
Old 07-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #36
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Went to the Grocery Store yesterday, I bought grilled chicken, cheese, sour cream, bacon and eggs, hamburger patties, and salad stuff.
I'm making a plan now ..... I just have to implement it!

What I haven't said is that...... I also bought pizza, wine and little Debbie's for dinner last night. WHY??? Who knows~~~~ I just did. I'm not ready to face it yet. I'm still in celebration vacation mode.

So my Starting date is Tomorrow Friday the 14th. (At least it's not the
13th!

I guess I'm the kind of gal that needs to write down my menu and to plan out attack.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:26 PM   #37
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Betsielou - That has to feel so good--great for you to be holding at goal! Such validation when others notice too!

Kimmiejean - Well spill, any stories or adventures to share from your trip? Then again, sounds pretty relaxed and enjoyable, seeing family and eating good food. You are already being proactive upon return, lining up food and a new plan now, even with a post-vacay "celebration" with those carbs, heh heh.

I have some parallels to your experience. I lost 40 in 2003 when I joined LCF, then got cocky and never saw 165 again. I got close, down to 170-something a few years ago, so yah, I know it's in me to get it done too. I also promised myself I'd never get above 180 and that was 25 lbs ago--ack! The biggest difference is now I'm in full blown menopause and not working, so a couple of big hurdles there.

Have been a bit stressed out this week, a.k.a. overeating and doing some serious carbs, so it goes. OTOH, am getting some small projects done so at least there's some productivity going on.

Hope the rest of you are having good days and not being hard on yourselves during this summer!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:39 AM   #38
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2 View Post

Kimmiejean - Well spill, any stories or adventures to share from your trip? Then again, sounds pretty relaxed and enjoyable, seeing family and eating good food. You are already being proactive upon return, lining up food and a new plan now, even with a post-vacay "celebration" with those carbs, heh heh.

I have some parallels to your experience. I lost 40 in 2003 when I joined LCF, then got cocky and never saw 165 again. I got close, down to 170-something a few years ago, so yah, I know it's in me to get it done too. I also promised myself I'd never get above 180 and that was 25 lbs ago--ack! The biggest difference is now I'm in full blown menopause and not working, so a couple of big hurdles there.

Have been a bit stressed out this week, a.k.a. overeating and doing some serious carbs, so it goes. OTOH, am getting some small projects done so at least there's some productivity going on.

Hope the rest of you are having good days and not being hard on yourselves during this summer!
Going2 Sorry you are feeling stressed. I Know this sounds dumb..but I'm going to tell you anyway.

When I overeat or eat tons of foods not on plan......I have horrible dreams. I dream that everyone leaves me because I'm so fat. I feel it has to do with my self esteem. How I feel when I'm losing and then there is now ....not at goal.

Then I stress myself out by worrying about my weight. It's an ongoing thing....

Trip There is really nothing to tell It was all about relaxing and driving in different areas to see where we want to end up.

The first day my Nephew's wife gave me a massage and a full facial. It was wonderful The next day I had a manicure and a pedicure. The best thing is not starting the day until 8 or 9.

I would get up in the morning grab my coffee and sit on the terrace overlooking the lake with hubby, I don't think he sat inside ever. One morning I even took my coffee and crawled in bed with my mom while she at breakfast and we just talked.

Lot's of visiting and eating. That was about it~~~~~ A good time was had by all.

Last edited by kimmiejean; 07-14-2017 at 05:47 AM..
kimmiejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:52 AM   #39
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Menu

2 eggs and 2 bacon
grilled chicken with tad cheese and a dollop of daisy 1 cup salad
Protein and salad (not sure what yet)
Old 07-15-2017, 02:50 AM   #40
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kimmiejean - Thanks for sharing that, can relate, especially about how it affects self esteem. One day at a time, being mindful of our goals, right?

Your trip sounds wonderful and relaxing, something to be said for not having any "adventures," hahaha. 2019 will be coming up in no time--with plenty to do in preparation for living in another country, time will fly by fast!

You have such good menus too, Dr. A would be proud.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #41
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: Atkins'92. JUDDD
Hello My Friends,

My guests have left so I finally have time to check in. Nice to have my DS and DIL visit but visitors mean not much "me" time. Did lots of sightseeing, lots of eating, at restaurants, home cooked favourites, sweets and treats so the is up. Didn't follow my JUDDD rotations, or track, so it's no wonder that I am up. But that's ok. I am back on track now and that's what counts.

Jeanne: Sorry to hear about your friend. : You are dear friend to help with the packing and move.

going2: I like your attitude about gratitude. Life throws us many curve balls and we just have to keep on rolling. Don't be hard on yourself either. It sounds like you are keeping busy with your neighborhood gig and other projects so be proud of your accomplishments. We all have days when we overeat or indulge in more carbs but weight loss is a journey; not a sprint. Hang in there.

Kimmiejean: Glad you had a nice vacation. Sounds relaxing. Sorry to hear about your horrible dreams. You have done well and will soon get back to where you were. Wishing you "happy thoughts"

bestielou: Nice to hear from you. Happy to hear you reached your goal.

Anna: Thanks for dropping by. Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Missing Michelle, Monica, Kal, Tammy, and Jan. Know that you are welcome any time........even if you have fallen off the wagon. We have all been there. Pop in when you can.

Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:24 AM   #42
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Crazy1! - Man, you are rocking the positivity there--love how you utilize emojis, a nice touch!

For some reason I felt so sleepy around 7p last night and called it a day at 8, nice to be able to do that. Forgot my PM estrogen/HRT dose tho' and had plenty of covers-off/covers-on to pay for it, oopsie. DH was doing some TnT-ing with neck pain too, so even tho' I had an opportunity to put in some significant Zs, it didn't quite happen. But am starting the day with a can-do attitude and it feels good, hope it stays for awhile!

Did a weigh-in this morning after taking a break from it, and I'm back up. Kinda saw that coming after slacking a bit, even tho' I was just bragging about how not focusing on eating was working for me, darn it. Like we all tell each other, am not going to dwell on it and will start the day fresh and optimistic about the week ahead. We have a family event Saturday, so I'll use that as some motivation.

Another hot week on tap here even tho' I have a handful of outside projects to complete: patching a hole in the shed and sealing and staining the lattice under the front addition, do the bi-weekly mowing, etc.--but you all know how I can procrastinate--hahaha. Keep telling myself it's activity/exercise and I need to keep busy and productive, good for overall well-being.

Now, off to get it done!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #43
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday! First things first

Be prepared to be amazed!~~~~

Kloesse (German for Dumpling) The
Weiner dog is one year old today and he (get ready for it~~~~~~~)

SLEPT ALL NIGHT!

I'm Thrilled!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #44
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

So Plan wise~~~~I'm a complete failure.......Can not seem to get my mind around it....I will be back to post menu ect... later.

Last edited by kimmiejean; 07-17-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #45
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going2 View Post
Hi, Crazy1! - Man, you are rocking the positivity there--love how you utilize emojis, a nice touch!
emojis just seem to be so appropriate

I don't use them texting, but that's actually because I really don't know how to do them with my phone. Just not very tech savvy....I am old....I prefer phone calls....texting gets me in trouble!

DD is really mad at me right now....apparently, she wanted to go on one of the outings with my DS and DIL but from her texts, she thought the outing was ridiculous and a waste of money( her words). She did offer her vehicle and chauffeuring but continued with the ridiculous theme. So, I thanked her,(via text),advised that DS and DIL would have too many packages for them to have her as a chauffer and said we were still planning to go.(We, meaning DH, DS, DIL and moi!) No response about how she wanted to come with or how she would have chauffeured them back to our door step.

So the four of us went on our outing and DD is extremely upset that we didn't invite her along. DS and DD don't get along very well and she said she had extended an olive branch and we didn't even think of her. In hindsight, I do recall her saying a few weeks ago that it would be nice for us all(the 5 of us) to do something BUT because of her texts about our ridiculous outing, I neglected to call her and let her know of our plans. My bad! So phone calls are definitely the better way for me to communicate.

We have a family wedding at the end of the month and DD is unable to attend.....oh, she wanted to come, but the bride/groom needed numbers and DD applied for a job so couldn't make a firm commitment. DD did say to forget dinner and she would try to come late in the evening but the groom said no.( This trip would involve 1k plane tickets even for a visit of a few hours but the groom wouldn't budge) So is she is hurt and disappointed that she doesn't get included in family outings. And of, course, my father asked if he could bring a date so we have the pleasure of missing my mother, my daughter and have to make small talk with someone we don't approve of!
Not very happy.

And it looks like we have to sit at the same table! My father and I have been at odds the past 6 months....over this woman, his spending, his absolute adoration of one of my SIL's and his mean spirit towards me....and he doesn't like DH so......it will be interesting, to say the least.

Ok, enough ranting! Makes my BP go up. On the upside, I am back on track. Not showing a loss or anything because yesterday was an UD so of course, a slight bounce, but I feel good about getting working toward my goal.....not just weight loss....but getting healthy.

Going2: Sorry, you missed out getting those zzzzz's. Sleep certainly is necessary. Hope you make up for it tonight.

kimmiejean: You got to sleep for the entire night! Yay! (pets are sometime just like children) but good for you! Not a failure.....a work in progress!

Thinking of Jeanne, Anna, Michelle, Monica, Tammy, Kal and anyone else we haven't heard from in a bit. Hope you are all well.

Onward and downward!
Old 07-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #46
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

I am still here-and trying to get back in gear--I didn't do well with all the company and dinners lately--I was eating mindfully that is for sure-

I will try to get back later tonight when it is quiet and I can think-

hello to everyone

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
Old 07-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #47
Maria527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maria527
Stats: 5'4", 50 yrs.
WOE: Dukan/Primal
Start Date: 8/12/2008; Restart 1/2/2017
Hello Everyone,

I have about 15 pounds to lose by September in preparation for a vacation. Also, I've been off track an need to return to clean eating/no cheats.

I am doing a Keto diet with no processed foods.

I still need to read through the thread to see what you all are doing!

My Facebook

My Weightloss Journal
Maria527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #48
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Maria--glad to have you with us!

Right now I think we are all super busy with the things that are popping in all of our lives but we try to check in even though we don't have time to chat often...

my last post should have read that is was NOT mindful eating.... I am a work in progress for sure...

hope everyone is staying cool--the heat is not something I enjoy---we have heat warnings in Illinois and I am sure they will move east into Indiana too..

Jeanne

Old 07-19-2017, 04:18 AM   #49
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Maria - A BIG hello to you! Keto eating is good; always feel better when I'm in ketosis, just get cocky and end up falling off the wagon, darn it. You have a nice timeline to make goal without doing anything drastic--good luck!

Kimmiejean - Something to be said for a pet letting you sleep through the night--yay! Hated (yet allowed it--wink!) when the kittehs would walk on us at 3 in the morning! Our latest one so far hasn't caught on to that trick. You aren't a failure with your plan, just try another or take a break from it and come back fresh.

Crazy1 - Tell DD mind-reading skills decline as you age! Geesh, she sounds like she was all over the place about the trip, other than saying she'd like to go because it sounded like a nice time. Hope you can look at the positives of the wedding and enjoy it, maybe just be busy visiting at other tables to minimize face time with the unpleasant folks. We are lucky to be able to have tons of photos and videos of life events now, so at least it can be shared that way with DD.

Jeanne - Your weather becomes ours a day or too later and man, we are cooking here, on top of the usual hot air coming out of the capitol--hahaha! A work in progress is a good thing, you are still moving, something to be said for that.

Can't believe it's mid July--where is the time going! I need to gear up to look for work next month and have been using my weight as an excuse not to, that I look un-energetic and sloppy, how about that. As someone who hired folks in the past, appearance is the first impression, and yes, I've judged. The last time I interviewed, wore a white blouse with black jacket and pants, some mod jewelry, and a medium heel. Except I towered over the 3 interviewers, who were younger and petite/svelte, made me so self conscious. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't get the job--was super qualified--because they saw me as not fitting in, IYKWIM. Sigh.

Off to putter, get some odds and ends done ... fill the day with small accomplishments that add up to big satisfaction!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:46 AM   #50
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Maria -

Going2- Thank you for your kind words. I needed that.

Crazy1 - LOL about DD. How old is she?

Jeanne - We are so a work in progress!

To Everyone! It's July 19th Already!!!!! WOW

Last edited by kimmiejean; 07-19-2017 at 05:48 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #51
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

~~~This is DAY ONE for me~~~

The last couple of days I just kinda took a break and threw in the towel. I am now ready to get started with a new attitude.
I just couldn't get started after we got back from the trip. I realized last night that this has to stop. I'm uncomfortable, and I hurt from the weight. The eating is out of control. It is time to stop.

Menu:

2 eggs with 2 bacon

Grilled chicken with cheese, sour cream 1 TBS, lettuce, Hot Sauce

Hot dogs with homemade chili and cheese/onions

~~~~~SONIC has Hotdogs for $1 today~~~~~~

I will be buying those for the guys.

Starting Weight: 231
Goal is to lose 40 pounds by 1/1/2018

Last edited by kimmiejean; 07-19-2017 at 06:03 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #52
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Maria. Check in when you can. Support and encouragement go a long way in our journeys.

Jeanne: We are all works in progress!

Going2: Yes, we will take photos and share with DD. DS says I have to mind my manners and be nice!

Kimmiejean: Day one is good! You can do it! I love hotdogs! Wish we had a Sonic here. As for DD, what can I say........she is 32.....single, unemployed, unhappy, not many friends (2 or 3) so her life sucks.....and I think she blames me! It is what it is!

Not happy with the dress I bought for the wedding so I went shopping today but the stores were empty! Ok, not empty, but not much selection in larger sizes. Tons of itty bitty dresses but alas, none for me. I think I will just wear an old dress. I did buy red sandals to wear and I have a black/red dress that fits well and I am comfortable in so that's my new plan. Shopping wasn't actually a total loss as I did manage to find a nice pair of shoes; flats, nude with black.........perfect to wear any time. Nothing like a new pair of shoes to cheer up a shopping trip!

On the weight front; well, just hanging on....no losses to report. UD yesterday and I totally went wild. less than a 100 calories over so still in line but my food choices were atrocious! No meals; just crazed and munched. Hope that it is out of my system now.

I know that weight loss is like climbing a hill; sometimes you slip but you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and head for the top. It's progress not perfection!

Best whooshes to you all!

Onward and downward!
Old 07-20-2017, 04:22 AM   #53
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

headed to a doctor appt with one of my friends today and shopping tomorrow with a different friend--I know we will be moving stuff on Saturday again for my friend with the doc appt.. I am tired but I need a little diversion too!! I can see the dust on all my furniture in every room so I need to be doing better cleaning--the pet hair gets away from me--wish I had some type of air cleaner that would pull in the pet hair--when you see it floating in the ray of sunshine that isn't good!!!

crazy--you are the shoe goddess for sure

I will be back-no time this morning

Jeanne

Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #54
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kimmiejean - Don't be so hard on yourself, we all go through "funks." Sounds like maybe you just needed some time off but are now ready to get back on track with your goals. Summertime can also be distracting, with routines off from vacations and events--hang in there!

Crazy1 - Sorry about the wedding dress-shopping not going so well; definitely agree a new pair of shoes will help, heheheh. Thanks for reminding us about the "process" of eating better. I sometimes get hung up not having quick results rather than understanding my small changes are adding up.

Jeanne - You sound like a good friend, especially helping with a move--think of it as productive exercise! Yah, furbaby hair sure can get around. We had a medium-hair cat who was gorgeous, but man, hated getting those fine hairs in my eyes or stuck on my lipstick, why we have a short hair now. Think o fit as their love flaoting around ... riiiighhhhtttt.

So Tues. I ended up having a VLC day, from being too lazy to prepare a salad/vegetable and sure enough, had some energy yesterday and wasn't as hungry--proof that LC eating is good to me. Even skipped dinner last night because I wasn't hungry. Did awake hungry, natch, but stuck to having a couple lunch meat ham and cream cheese roll-ups with 1/2 an Atkins shake left over from yesterday, so off to a good start here.

Have also been doing better about what I call "micro-exercising," or doing a few pushups/lunges/etc. as I go about my day. Again, trying to build upon little successes. De-cluttered my dining room too, although I moved a bunch of stuff into the basement to go thru there--does that count? HAHAHA My 2-level closet shoe rack fell over too so that forced me to pull out the shoes to re-organize them and I'm embarrassed about how many pairs I have--and those are just some primary/summer ones! Crazy thing is I'm not a "shoe person," definitely not for fashion ones. After gaining 30+ lbs. the past year, I went up a size, so that explains part of it--buying shoes that fit. Ugh.

Still hunkered down here avoiding the heat, supposed to be around 100F today! Good opportunity to continue de-cluttering and getting stuff done around the house = no excuses! Next stop is to head upstairs to finish the shoe-thing, and include some stair push-ups and lunges along the way.

Be sure to count your little successes today--so easy to overlook but they add up!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #55
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi guys! Have stuff to share but no time ATM, so I will post back soon. Hope you are all doing well and staying cool. I will be out selling produce today, sweating like a pig, but hopefully not smelling like one, LOL!!!
Old 07-20-2017, 09:32 AM   #56
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Friends,

I am not a morning person but my father called bright and early so my day began earlier than usual. He had lots to say and all that was required was the odd "mmm"; I know he is lonely so it's just easier to let him talk. Besides, if I don't add much to the convo, I can keep my temper in check.

Shoes! Glorious shoes! I love them! Last count was 100 but I have picked up a few pairs since then. I have shelves, baskets, hanging shoe holders and 3 under the bed shoe bags! The under the bed bags are the best. Some shoes can only be worn for a few hours so I am always on the look out for a more comfortable pair. Not willing to spend hundreds of $$$ though. No high end shoes for me. They might be nice and even more comfortable but definitely not in my budget!

Hot and muggy here today so not much on the agenda.......oh, I need to finish up my books and pay the government but that's about it. I hate doing it and I procrastinate but it must be done before the end of the month. We plan on leaving next Wednesday so I do need to get' er done!

Went for a long walk with a friend last night and I was absolutely drenched when we came back........I looked a fright with all the sweat I accumulated. ........my friend.......well, she looked as cool as a cucumber. I am just too heavy and out of shape. Gotta keep working on that!

Best whooshes to you all!

Onward and downward!
Old 07-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #57
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

good morning gals

I love getting started early in the mornings--If I don't get it done starting early I just can't seem to start on a project later in the day... I need the block of time!

crazy-I am slowly getting rid of a couple of shoes--I have kept my country boots-they weren't cheap but I bought them when I did country line dancing--how long ago was that craze???? time to get rid of them --they were always hard to get on anyway and I needed help pulling them off, no heels for me anymore--never did like them--I admire people who can though--how do those singers dance in them during a performance????

will be leaving today with my friend the groomer to go shopping in Evansville-that is where Jan lives--wish she was still here with us--I would love to have a meet up with her and give her some protein powder that I don't like--hope she comes back soon.

going2--seems you are doing well with your little improvements--they do add up..

Kimmiejean--you are back on board--that is the main thing---you are doing well in the big scheme of things--I am still trying to find that place since I went off the deep end after thanksgiving!!!

hello to everyone else--stay cool--the temp was 95 with a heat index of 105 when I went out to mow after I got home-thankfully the DH came home after I had done about 5 rounds and he took over--the hottest day is to be Saturday and I think we will probably be moving stuff? time to scat

Jeanne

Last edited by jbatchelor; 07-21-2017 at 04:09 AM..
Old 07-23-2017, 04:13 AM   #58
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: veggies/lower carb
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi everyone

I'm still plugging away. Been a bit under the weather (too hot) so eating whatever I don't have to cook!!

Will try to do better about posting and eating. LOL Might be to much to do.

Jeanne I'm a morning person. If I don't do it by 1pm it usually doesn't get done.

Welcome Maria
Old 07-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #59
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello friends

we did more moving of my friend yesterday--today is going to be a restful day--thought about putting up some peppers but they will wait until next weekend when we won't be in the moving mode that weekend--then the following two weekends we will be moving and should finish up--except for all the unpacking of boxes!!! has to be easier though?

Anna--good to see you--it is so hot here too--this morning I woke up ravenous and I usually never eat breakfast--it is going to be a hard day to stay on plan...I need to behave but I sure don't want to.... too hot to cook

how is everyone dealing with this heat wave--I wish I had a pool!

Jeanne

Old 07-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #60
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Six weeks until Labor Day. I'm determined to have a loss. I started a six week countdown with myself. Staying on my plan. I've gone back to my protein shakes and supplements. I think even when I stayed on plan I was just eating too much! This helps me stay on track and keeps me full. Staying focused~~~~~